Gamespot is biased LINK!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tranhgiang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 tranhgiang
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts
[QUOTE="Raidea"]Oh yes, I'm sure Gamespot deliberately didn't choose the only time in the game that actually gives shadows. :roll:

Edit: They have updated the comparison feature with new PS3 screenshots. The PS3 shots still look as lackluster as they did without the simple player shadowing now shown.
rocktimusprime
its more the fact that they put down the PS3 score because of graphics issues because of stuff like missing shadows.

Now they have realised they accidentally ran the wrong time settings so therefore the 360 got shadows and the ps3 didn't, surely the score with the PS3 version needs to be reviewed a little bit, since one of the big gripes they had with it was actually in the game and worknig well
IchigoKurasaki
so they mess up one game, forget the ps3 shadows, put them in and it still looks like ass. yeaaaaaaaaaaah

Now this is an example of Lemming on this board, blind.
That's the old picture. The two picture is have different time setting (fact: colors and shadows directly related to light)
Choosing different setting for the light AND THEN comparing them are ignorant, they are never the same to begin with.

Gamespot never change the picture, they just add in a little line (oops we mess up!). But obviously it's doesn't matter, it's not like lemming here know how to read.
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts

Did you just call Casey a lemming? Casey =/= lemming.Spartan070

I thought Casey was a Lemming at one point.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

[QUOTE="Spartan070"] Did you just call Casey a lemming? Casey =/= lemming.crazyjames1080

I thought Casey was a Lemming at one point.

Maybe but he just said he prefers MGS3 to Halo 2 so I figure he can't be a "lemming," well I guess it's possible.:P
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts

Maybe but he just said he prefers MGS3 to Halo 2 so I figure he can't be a "lemming," well I guess it's possible.:PSpartan070

To be honest, I never analysed his posts. It was just a silly assumption on my part.

proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

1. :| It (the camera) wasn't a fault.  You lose ponits on trying to change the context of what I was explaining to you just to try to argue something diffrent.   Then you use a total flop of a game like Big Rigs as your example.  You sound like a fanboy now.  MGS3 had no faults as I explained before it's a presonal thing of either like the game or not.  The camera?  Well there was a small learning curve from MGS2's but I never had much of a problem with it switching views form first back to 3rd....just like the camera in MGS2.  :roll: yet somehow you are calling it a glitch?

2. That's not true.  MGS2 was perfect, so was Soul Calibur on DC, so was tetris. 

I don't know Casey, you're a mod but you should try to act like an authority on games or anything becaues you obviously let bias affect your judgement.  Anyonw who's played both of these games (MGS3 and Halo 2) can understand what I'm talking about on the technical aspects of each...even Bungie admitted that the game was half-*** so what's the problem?  All I did was agree with them. 

Anyways I think I'll end any further converstaion with you because I see you already have an opinon favoring MS and don't seem to be willing to look at things objectivly...carzy glitches like Big rigs huh?  Cool.

CaseyWegner

1. many people did consider the camera to be a problem. saying that the developer intended it to be like that does not excuse it. my example of big rigs was extreme but still valid.

2. just your opinion

i'm not pro-microsoft. i'm pro-logic. you make assumptions about me here yet you don't know that mgs3 is one of my all time favorite games and i like it much more than i do halo 2. i'm not letting that get in the way of the facts though.

Fact, the Camera is the only thing that people really complained about with MGS3 Sill...it's not a techical problem.  Do you understand what I mean by technical problem, since you seem to think of yourself as a preson who's pro-logic?  Tell me what was "technically" worng with the camera in MGS3. 

And while trying to explain this to me I will show you why you were wrong for saying that it was a "technical problem". 

P.S. Your Big Rigs argument was not valid because as I've stated befor MGS3 has no technical problems or glitches.

proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 proof11102
[QUOTE="proof11102"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="proof11102"]

Anyways I think I'll end any further converstaion with you because I see you already have an opinon favoring MS and don't seem to be willing to look at things objectivly...carzy glitches like Big rigs huh? Cool.

Spartan070

It's best you end the conversation because your arguments are pathetic. It's just excuse after excuse.

CAsey provided you with a perfect example and you dismissed it because you knew it squashed your argument.

First of all Casey didn't a prefect example to ANYTHING. This is why I have no respect for lemmings. Compairing MGS3 to Big Rigs is a perfect example to you? Yeah, I guess that's what makes you a lemming. And your addition to the argument is just patheric. Trying to hang on the coat tails the power wielding authority wont make your arguments any better.

Did you just call Casey a lemming? Casey =/= lemming.

No I didn't.  I said I don't have any repect for lemmings.  I called Los Daddie a lemming for agreeing with what Casey said.  However I do believe Casey is pro MS, he's not as bad as the majority of lemmings here on this board.  However, if he was he'd probably loose his moderation rights.  

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#207 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]    And for the record, PDZ got AAA because it was a new "Next-Gen" game that wowed with its looks and Online Co-op. If it was released now, it would be low AA, I would count on it. GameSpot is not biased, but like everyone, they were wowed by the "flash" of PDZ and looked past its lack of substance.peaceful_anger
And that's what makes me mad about Gamespot. They couldn't see past the hype for Perfect Dark Zero and rewarded it with an AAA, but they somehow saw past the hype for RFOM and Zelda, as lemmings like to put it, and awarded them AA, even though they are both better IMO than Perfect Dark Zero. And yes I know you can't compare Zelda and PDZ. And no I'm not called Gamespot biased, they just confuse me with their reviews sometimes.

How could you be confused by their reviews. You clearly have your own opinion about these games. Reviews are a mix of opinion and subjectivity (yes it's possible). The opinion factor is what makes these scores so different. I totally agree with you that PDZ was no as good as R:ROM, but between the reviews for those games there may have been some personal opinions affecting the score. Don't use Gamespot's scores as gospel, just a guideline. That's kind of the whole point of a review.
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

No I didn't.  I said I don't have any repect for lemmings.  I called Los Daddie a lemming for agreeing with what Casey said.  However I do believe Casey is pro MS, he's not as bad as the majority of lemmings here on this board.  However, if he was he'd probably loose his moderation rights.  

proof11102

Being pro-Microsoft is different than being biased toward them.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
MGS 3 had camera issues? i never even noticed...lol...anyway its as simple as GS messed up the comparison then updated it after everyone was done arguing...
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 -The-G-Man-

MGS 3 had camera issues? i never even noticed...lol...anyway its as simple as GS messed up the comparison then updated it after everyone was done arguing...Kahuna_1

The "camera issues" may have been the top-down view, but having not read the review I'm not sure.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

Fact, the Camera is the only thing that people really complained about with MGS3 Sill...it's not a techical problem.  Do you understand what I mean by technical problem, since you seem to think of yourself as a preson who's pro-logic?  Tell me what was "technically" worng with the camera in MGS3. 

And while trying to explain this to me I will show you why you were wrong for saying that it was a "technical problem". 

P.S. Your Big Rigs argument was not valid because as I've stated befor MGS3 has no technical problems or glitches.

proof11102

i know what you're saying and i already said my example was extreme. however, trying to justify a fault and saying that the score shouldn't be affected is just silly.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 CaseyWegner

proof11102

how am i pro-microsoft?

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]MGS 3 had camera issues? i never even noticed...lol...anyway its as simple as GS messed up the comparison then updated it after everyone was done arguing...-The-G-Man-

The "camera issues" may have been the top-down view, but having not read the review I'm not sure.

ohh..well if that bumped it all the way down to an 8.7 then haha funny

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 -The-G-Man-
[QUOTE="-The-G-Man-"]

[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]MGS 3 had camera issues? i never even noticed...lol...anyway its as simple as GS messed up the comparison then updated it after everyone was done arguing...Kahuna_1

ohh..well if that bumped it all the way down to an 8.7 then haha funny

Yes, it does seem a bit stupid.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

CaseyWegner

i know what you're saying and i already said my example was extreme. however, trying to justify a fault and saying that the score shouldn't be affected is just silly.

Hardly a fact that the camera was the only thing people complained about

"The Bad: Too much exposition; story gets off to a slow start.; very little gameplay at first.; cumbersome controls take getting used to.."

Just because YOU disregard all of these other complaints does not make it a FACT that the camera was the only complaint point. It simple means that the Camera issues are the only complaint that YOU agree with.

proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 proof11102
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

-The-G-Man-

Yeah I know, but there is a fine line anytime someone has a slight prefrence towards anything. 

grovestreet12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#217 grovestreet12
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts

This thread will be ignored. It clashes with the lemmings "we've got better multyplats!".kentaro22

Multiplats. The Right  Spelling is what you have to use around here ;)

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#218 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="proof11102"]

Anyways I think I'll end any further converstaion with you because I see you already have an opinon favoring MS and don't seem to be willing to look at things objectivly...carzy glitches like Big rigs huh?  Cool.

proof11102

It's best you end the conversation because your arguments are pathetic. It's just excuse after excuse.

CAsey provided you with a perfect example and you dismissed it because you knew it squashed your argument.

First of all Casey didn't a prefect example to  ANYTHING.  This is why I have no respect for lemmings.  Compairing MGS3 to Big Rigs is a perfect example to you?  Yeah, I guess that's what makes you a lemming.  And your addition to the argument is just patheric.  Trying to hang on the coat tails the power wielding authority wont make your arguments any better. 

#1. I'm not a lemming. I'm a Manticore. PSN ID: LosDaddie ;)  I'd post my Wii code if I was home.  Your assumption = Failure

#2.  You completely missed the point of Casey's comparsion.

Either you missed his point because:

A) You know how silly and pathetic your arguments are

or

B) You are unable to comprehend the comparison.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="-The-G-Man-"][QUOTE="proof11102"]

proof11102

Yeah I know, but there is a fine line anytime someone has a slight prefrence towards anything. 

Why do you care of a forum mod is slightly leaning toward MS? He is only defending Gamespot from all the conspirecy theorists that run rampant on this forum. Gamespot = People. People make mistakes, but somehow the "internets" thinks they did this all on purpose. Get over yourself and just let it go.
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 proof11102
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

CaseyWegner

selfowned...lol.  You can't even tell me why you believe what you are arguing.  As a preson above me has said, I have't ever notice a problem with  MGS3's camera.  The same goes for me.   I look at MGS3's camera the same way some people look at Virtua Fighter 5's gameplay system.  The only people who complain are the people who aren't apt enough to use it.  Dose that make either one a technical problem/fault?  No. 

DOA4's gameplay style is easy, VF5's is complex. dose that mean VF5's gameplay is flawed?  No because VF5's gameplay was designed to behave exactly the way it does, and that's exactly the same way the camera was designed for MGS3. 

BTW. This is how to present an example Casey.  The example you gave made no sence what so ever, but thanks for playing. :)

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts

[QUOTE="-Reggaeton-"]Read it here
But we knew this already didn't we?
squallff8_fan

Very interesting post because I am still wondering how in gods name does PDZ score an AAA and RFOM which is clearly a better all around game offline and online then PDZ is and still didnt manage to get an AAA?

And who here has played Virtua Fighter 5 and DOA 4? Virtua Fighter 5 is alot more smoother and lookz way better then DOA 4 and yet DOA 4 still gets a higher score then Virtua Fighter 5, I mean there was no online but if u rate DOA 4 graphics Higher then Virtua Fighter 5, right der already shows me something is wrong because we all know that Virtua Fighter 5 is superior to DOA 4 in graphics.

And how does zelda not get an AAA for the wii. I swear this game in my mind was funner and better then any of the AAA titles that were given on the xbox 360, besides Oblivion but id still take it over it due to all the loading times n stuff on oblivion.

The way that gamespot is going, the ps3 wont ever get an AAA title with the way they rate games.

I completely agree. But the funny thing is I don't have or nor have i even played R:FOM. Why do I agree then? Becuase I have a x360 and PDZ. That game sucked so hard i was completely shocked when I found out it got AAA. Ridiculous. I would of gave it the most a high 7. or an 8. It was crappy compared to the n64 version...and compared to any other fps game. It stunk. Im positive that Resistance was better, not that hard to beat such a crappy game.
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 proof11102
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="proof11102"]

Bgrngod

"The Bad: Too much exposition; story gets off to a slow start.; very little gameplay at first.; cumbersome controls take getting used to.."

Just because YOU disregard all of these other complaints does not make it a FACT that the camera was the only complaint point. It simple means that the Camera issues are the only complaint that YOU agree with.

:| Are you refering to the **** review made a balding old man?  Sorry for your reading comp problem.  I said "Fact, the Camera is the only thing that people really complained about with MGS3..."

Sorry you missed this in school but the word "people" that I used in my sentence is plural.  You are talking about the review that Greg K gave that long time ago, and that is one "preson".

When I said "people" I was refering to us gamers who play the game and then come back here and post comments of how we really feel about the game.  Sorry for the confusion.

DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
I don't believe GS is biased and I'll continue saying so because it seems just way to far-fetched and ludicrous to think that they would be.

BUT.

Sometimes, and a lot more it seems lately, there have been inconsistencies and "errors" in their reviews and features that make you go "WTF GS?"
Now whether or not you want to associate that with bias, at least it's safe to say that the quality of their work has been sliding progressively.

And I'm sure I'm not the only thinking so.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="proof11102"]

proof11102

:| Are you refering to the **** review made a balding old man?  Sorry for your reading comp problem.  I said "Fact, the Camera is the only thing that people really complained about with MGS3..."

Sorry you missed this in school but the word "people" that I used in my sentence is plural.  You are talking about the review that Greg K gave that long time ago, and that is one "preson".

When I said "people" I was refering to us gamers who play the game and then come back here and post comments of how we really feel about the game.  Sorry for the confusion.

Well technically Greg K is indeed a person and can be included in the plural "people". Had you wanted to exclude him from your statement, you should have said so. Being more clear in your writing would be beneficial to everyone reading your statements, and to yourself for getting your point across more clearly. Sorry you missed that in school.
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I refuse to read that filth. I'm am here to deliver a message from the powers that be....... GROW UP!
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

Fact, the Camera is the only thing that people really complained about with MGS3 Sill...it's not a techical problem. Do you understand what I mean by technical problem, since you seem to think of yourself as a preson who's pro-logic? Tell me what was "technically" worng with the camera in MGS3.

proof11102

selfowned...lol. You can't even tell me why you believe what you are arguing. As a preson above me has said, I have't ever notice a problem with MGS3's camera. The same goes for me. I look at MGS3's camera the same way some people look at Virtua Fighter 5's gameplay system. The only people who complain are the people who aren't apt enough to use it. Dose that make either one a technical problem/fault? No.

DOA4's gameplay style is easy, VF5's is complex. dose that mean VF5's gameplay is flawed? No because VF5's gameplay was designed to behave exactly the way it does, and that's exactly the same way the camera was designed for MGS3.

BTW. This is how to present an example Casey. The example you gave made no sence what so ever, but thanks for playing. :)

I think you misunderstand the meaning of self-owned. People can have varying opinions. It is up to a reviewer to state his. The reviewer felt the camera was wrong and there were other issues (read review). Casey was making an extreme example (something people do all the time to prove their point). You may not agree but stating a game has no "technical problems or glitches" is an OPINION unitl the definition of glitches and technical problems are agreed to. One man's glitch maybe another man's favorite part of the game. Obviously you have very strong opinions, that does not turn them into fact (see current Presedintial admin. for this example). Thanks for reading.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 CaseyWegner

proof11102

selfowned...lol.  You can't even tell me why you believe what you are arguing.  As a preson above me has said, I have't ever notice a problem with  MGS3's camera.  The same goes for me.   I look at MGS3's camera the same way some people look at Virtua Fighter 5's gameplay system.  The only people who complain are the people who aren't apt enough to use it.  Dose that make either one a technical problem/fault?  No. 

DOA4's gameplay style is easy, VF5's is complex. dose that mean VF5's gameplay is flawed?  No because VF5's gameplay was designed to behave exactly the way it does, and that's exactly the same way the camera was designed for MGS3. 

BTW. This is how to present an example Casey.  The example you gave made no sence what so ever, but thanks for playing. :)

you're still trying to justify things that developers wanted but that people complain about.