Gamespot is biased LINK!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Socrates88
Member since 2007 • 1655 Posts
[QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="spidey008"]You have to admit that the PS3 was hyped to be the machine to end all machines. The fact still remains that it is graphically on par with the Xbox 360. This may change in the future, but for now it is a fact.cakeorrdeath
Cakeordeath. This quote is an example of PS3 higher standard.

How is 'graphically on par' higher standards?

No. The poster expected more from the PS3 than the Xbox360. By not showing it he feels the PS3 was not what it suppose to be. Do you not see that he set a standard that the PS3 should be better than the Xbox360?
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#152 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="spidey008"]You have to admit that the PS3 was hyped to be the machine to end all machines. The fact still remains that it is graphically on par with the Xbox 360. This may change in the future, but for now it is a fact.Socrates88

No. The poster expected more from the PS3 than the Xbox360. By not showing it he feels the PS3 was not what it suppose to be. Do you not see that he set a standard that the PS3 should be better than the Xbox360?

But in actuality he found them to be 'on par'. How is that higher standards?
Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Socrates88
[QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="spidey008"]You have to admit that the PS3 was hyped to be the machine to end all machines. The fact still remains that it is graphically on par with the Xbox 360. This may change in the future, but for now it is a fact.cakeorrdeath

Keep in mind Cake, I'm not trying to convince you that PS3 is better, but has a better(higher) standard. I don't want you to think I'm doing circular logic with you.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
[QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="spidey008"]You have to admit that the PS3 was hyped to be the machine to end all machines. The fact still remains that it is graphically on par with the Xbox 360. This may change in the future, but for now it is a fact.cakeorrdeath

It isn't, he's having trouble defending common sense. The poster simple fell into the path of the Sony hype-machine.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="spidey008"]You have to admit that the PS3 was hyped to be the machine to end all machines. The fact still remains that it is graphically on par with the Xbox 360. This may change in the future, but for now it is a fact.Socrates88

let me say something that, according to your logic, will show that the 360 is held to higher standards.

"i'm expecting more from the 360 than i am from the ps3."

:|

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
I have 360 and PS3. I am going to check this out myself and rent both versions of the Madden and Fight Night Round 3. Because I'm getting a lot of mixed messages lately. Gamespot says 360 version of FNR3 looks better. Game Informer says PS3 version looks better. Developers of FNR3 say PS3 version looks better due to time developement. Now I can't trust anyone. Guess I have to find out on my own.redCloudJ7

who do you believe, Developers or Gamespot?
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#160 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts

[QUOTE="redCloudJ7"]I have 360 and PS3. I am going to check this out myself and rent both versions of the Madden and Fight Night Round 3. Because I'm getting a lot of mixed messages lately. Gamespot says 360 version of FNR3 looks better. Game Informer says PS3 version looks better. Developers of FNR3 say PS3 version looks better due to time developement. Now I can't trust anyone. Guess I have to find out on my own.xxThyLordxx

Of course, developers who want the game sold are gonna say it is the best. So I would believe gamespot.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 CaseyWegner
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

let me say something that, according to your logic, will show that the 360 is held to higher standards.

"i'm expecting more from the 360 than i am from the ps3."

:|

Jandurin

Heh. Proof. Someone said it, so it must be true.

it's official. i'm from the internet.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="redCloudJ7"]I have 360 and PS3. I am going to check this out myself and rent both versions of the Madden and Fight Night Round 3. Because I'm getting a lot of mixed messages lately. Gamespot says 360 version of FNR3 looks better. Game Informer says PS3 version looks better. Developers of FNR3 say PS3 version looks better due to time developement. Now I can't trust anyone. Guess I have to find out on my own.xxThyLordxx

If a developer tells you he has made the best game in the world and Gamespot says it is rubbish who do you believe?
redCloudJ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 redCloudJ7
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
I'd probably go with the developers.........but I won't trust anyone until I see it with my own eyes.
Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Socrates88
Cake your message was deleted. Care to post it again?
redCloudJ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 redCloudJ7
The developer part was sarcasm.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"][QUOTE="redCloudJ7"]I have 360 and PS3. I am going to check this out myself and rent both versions of the Madden and Fight Night Round 3. Because I'm getting a lot of mixed messages lately. Gamespot says 360 version of FNR3 looks better. Game Informer says PS3 version looks better. Developers of FNR3 say PS3 version looks better due to time developement. Now I can't trust anyone. Guess I have to find out on my own.cakeorrdeath

If a developer tells you he has made the best game in the world and Gamespot says it is rubbish who do you believe?

myself.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 cakeorrdeath
Damn, Casey I had edited it down less than 10 seconds after posting it! Give a guy a chance to correct his mistake!
redCloudJ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 redCloudJ7
The developer part was sarcasm to an extent... because I haven't looked at it myself. And until I do i not going to form any opinions.
grimhope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#170 grimhope
Member since 2003 • 978 Posts

resistance = AA here and AA at gamerankings
vf5 = AA here and AA at gamerankings

these have been the two main games cows have been complaining about and calling gamespot biased over. why?

CaseyWegner

Because cows Cry.
Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Socrates88
Here is my second reason why PS3 has a higher standard. Games on the PS3 have been lacklusting which been quoted from media, and forum posters. Yet, they compare the games to 1years worth of games to the Xbox360 instead of Wii games which came out a week less. Granted that both are unfair to comapare, why make the comparision in the first place?
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 CaseyWegner

Here is my second reason why PS3 has a higher standard. Games on the PS3 have been lacklusting which been quoted from media, and forum posters. Yet, they compare the games to 1years worth of games to the Xbox360 instead of Wii games which came out a week less. Granted that both are unfair to comapare, why make the comparision in the first place?Socrates88

because they're competitors. :|

Avatar image for Buff-McBlumpkin
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Buff-McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 566 Posts

I look forward to the day when the PS3 has more than a handful of fantastic 9.0+ games. Not only because I look forward to playing them, but because the Sony fanboys on this forum will be far more readable. Right now, in order to make their system look "superior," they have to pass of nonsensical and illogical arguments masquerading as "fact." When the PS3 has a competitive library they won't need to resort to foolishness, they'll actually be able to fall back on *gasp* games.

proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

At least you know how to make a valid argument Casey.  I respect that. 

But have you played both games.  Let's take personl opinion out of this for a second.  Answer me this...Is Halo 3 a technically flawless game?  Because I believe for any game to even be considered for AAA statue, at a minimum it has to be techincally flawless on basically evey level.  If there however is one "glitch" in the game that immidiately knocks it out of contention for being an AAA game.   Halo 3 is NOT AAA based of the fact that a technically faultless game. 

On the other hand...MGS3 is.  What about the camera you say...well, that's how kojima WANTED the camera to be.  So it's by no glitch or mistake that the camera was made like that.  The only reason why Halo2 has AAA status is because game sites were afraid of what might happen if they flopped it.  There was like only two sites that actually exposed that "faults" that were apparent in the game and game it a score under AAA.  My thing is if you are going to give a game that has faults a AAA score because you personally like it or are afraid of what might happen if you flop it, how can then then flop a game that is technically flawless on all levels?

I'm not trying to argue with you Casey, I just wanted you to understand my perspective on this issue.

CaseyWegner

just because he wanted the camera to be like that doesn't excuse it. should big rigs have scored AAA if it turns out that the developers wanted it to have all those crazy faults?

no game is perfect and glitches should not automatically disqualify a game from being AAA unless the glitches are severe enough.

reviewers score games higher than they think they deserve just because they fear the backlash if they don't? please.

1. :| It (the camera) wasn't a fault.  You lose ponits on trying to change the context of what I was explaining to you just to try to argue something diffrent.   Then you use a total flop of a game like Big Rigs as your example.  You sound like a fanboy now.  MGS3 had no faults as I explained before it's a presonal thing of either like the game or not.  The camera?  Well there was a small learning curve from MGS2's but I never had much of a problem with it switching views form first back to 3rd....just like the camera in MGS2.  :roll: yet somehow you are calling it a glitch?

2. That's not true.  MGS2 was perfect, so was Soul Calibur on DC, so was tetris. 

I don't know Casey, you're a mod but you shouldn't try to act like an authority on games or anything becaues you obviously let bias affect your judgement.  Anyone who's played both of these games (MGS3 and Halo 2) can understand what I'm talking about on the technical aspects of each...even Bungie admitted that the game was half-*** so what's the problem?  All I did was agree with them. 

Anyways I think I'll end any further converstaion with you because I see you already have an opinon favoring MS and don't seem to be willing to look at things objectivly...carzy glitches like Big rigs huh?  Cool.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#176 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Here is my second reason why PS3 has a higher standard. Games on the PS3 have been lacklusting which been quoted from media, and forum posters. Yet, they compare the games to 1years worth of games to the Xbox360 instead of Wii games which came out a week less. Granted that both are unfair to comapare, why make the comparision in the first place?Socrates88

Because Sony delayed the PS3 giving the devs extra time with the console. And the Xbox immediately showed it's superiority over the PS2 when it launched a year later. The same isn't happening with the PS3.

The PS3 being a year late will always give cows an excuse if a game is rated higher on the x360.

...bu...but...but....teh x360 has been out longer and devs have had more time.

Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Socrates88
Did Cake leave? He is the only one I want to talk to. I feel you others are just supporting Omnipotence.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 cakeorrdeath
Did Cake leave? He is the only one I want to talk to. I feel you others are just supporting Omnipotence.Socrates88

Cake is sulking due to having his message deleted and not remembering what he said.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#180 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Anyways I think I'll end any further converstaion with you because I see you already have an opinon favoring MS and don't seem to be willing to look at things objectivly...carzy glitches like Big rigs huh?  Cool.

proof11102

It's best you end the conversation because your arguments are pathetic. It's just excuse after excuse.

CAsey provided you with a perfect example and you dismissed it because you knew it squashed your argument.

Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Buff-McBlumpkin

I feel you others are just supporting Omnipotence.Socrates88

This makes no sense.

PROTIP: Fully understand words before you use them.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Spartan070
Did Cake leave? He is the only one I want to talk to. I feel you others are just supporting Omnipotence.Socrates88
"Omnipotence?"
Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Socrates88
[QUOTE="Socrates88"]Did Cake leave? He is the only one I want to talk to. I feel you others are just supporting Omnipotence.cakeorrdeath

Cake is sulking due to having his message deleted and not remembering what he said.

lol. Let it be. My third reason is press. Do you not agree that PS3 is more talk about than Xbox360? Do you not agree majority of this forum is negatuve news of the PS3 more than good news with the Xbox360?
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 CaseyWegner

knock it off.

peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
    And for the record, PDZ got AAA because it was a new "Next-Gen" game that wowed with its looks and Online Co-op. If it was released now, it would be low AA, I would count on it. GameSpot is not biased, but like everyone, they were wowed by the "flash" of PDZ and looked past its lack of substance.SpruceCaboose
And that's what makes me mad about Gamespot. They couldn't see past the hype for Perfect Dark Zero and rewarded it with an AAA, but they somehow saw past the hype for RFOM and Zelda, as lemmings like to put it, and awarded them AA, even though they are both better IMO than Perfect Dark Zero. And yes I know you can't compare Zelda and PDZ. And no I'm not called Gamespot biased, they just confuse me with their reviews sometimes.
Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Socrates88

[QUOTE="Socrates88"]Did Cake leave? He is the only one I want to talk to. I feel you others are just supporting Omnipotence.CaseyWegner

knock it off.

How about Buffy insulting me on I don't know the meaning of the word? I'm very well knowledge to understand what I'm saying.
Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Socrates88
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Socrates88"] The group with the help of a mod. Yes.

You understand that his moderator powers don't give him automatic knowledge of video games? Those bits of knowledge are things he's read about, like us, or experienced himself...

Forgive me. I will not argue this point. Mod told me not to do so.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 CaseyWegner

1. :| It (the camera) wasn't a fault.  You lose ponits on trying to change the context of what I was explaining to you just to try to argue something diffrent.   Then you use a total flop of a game like Big Rigs as your example.  You sound like a fanboy now.  MGS3 had no faults as I explained before it's a presonal thing of either like the game or not.  The camera?  Well there was a small learning curve from MGS2's but I never had much of a problem with it switching views form first back to 3rd....just like the camera in MGS2.  :roll: yet somehow you are calling it a glitch?

2. That's not true.  MGS2 was perfect, so was Soul Calibur on DC, so was tetris. 

I don't know Casey, you're a mod but you should try to act like an authority on games or anything becaues you obviously let bias affect your judgement.  Anyonw who's played both of these games (MGS3 and Halo 2) can understand what I'm talking about on the technical aspects of each...even Bungie admitted that the game was half-*** so what's the problem?  All I did was agree with them. 

proof11102

1. many people did consider the camera to be a problem. saying that the developer intended it to be like that does not excuse it. my example of big rigs was extreme but still valid.

2. just your opinion

i'm not pro-microsoft. i'm pro-logic. you make assumptions about me here yet you don't know that mgs3 is one of my all time favorite games and i like it much more than i do halo 2. i'm not letting that get in the way of the facts though.

Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Buff-McBlumpkin
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Socrates88"]Did Cake leave? He is the only one I want to talk to. I feel you others are just supporting Omnipotence.Socrates88

knock it off.

How about Buffy insulting me on I don't know the meaning of the word? I'm very well knowledge to understand what I'm saying.

One mod or small group of members isn't all powerful. This site had a collection of various mods, admins, and staff - you're just being purposefully obnoxious and falling back on the premise of being persecuted.

If you're going to dedicate ridiculous amounts of your time to trolling you shouldn't act shocked when people respond accordingly.

Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Socrates88
My final reason I will share is, PS brand is number 1. That alone will give it a higher standard than it's compition. You do expect a Super Bowl winning Team next year to be just as good with the same players right? The same in all situation. Once you set a bar You are forever to perform at the level or even better. Easily, people say PS3 will win the market share, but will lose its dominace of it. People expect the PS3 sell what the PS2 did or better. Ask yourself do you expect the Xbox or Wii to do the same? I hope Cake is still here...
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Buff-McBlumpkin

My final reason I will share is, PS brand is number 1. That alone will give it a higher standard than it's compition. Socrates88

Past consoles do not, and never have, affected the standards of present or future consoles. The standards of the PS2 have no affect on how PS3 games are judged - and if you think they do you're deluding yourself. The ONLY thing that affects the standards of PS3 games are PS3 games themselves. 

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Socrates88"] The group with the help of a mod. Yes.Socrates88
You understand that his moderator powers don't give him automatic knowledge of video games? Those bits of knowledge are things he's read about, like us, or experienced himself...

Forgive me. I will not argue this point. Mod told me not to do so.

no. i told you to drop the superiority complex that oozes from just about every post you make and that will get you suspended for trolling each time you do it until you are finally perm banned.

proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

LosDaddie

It's best you end the conversation because your arguments are pathetic. It's just excuse after excuse.

CAsey provided you with a perfect example and you dismissed it because you knew it squashed your argument.

First of all Casey didn't a prefect example to  ANYTHING.  This is why I have no respect for lemmings.  Compairing MGS3 to Big Rigs is a perfect example to you?  Yeah, I guess that's what makes you a lemming.  And your addition to the argument is just patheric.  Trying to hang on the coat tails the power wielding authority wont make your arguments any better. 

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Spartan070
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="proof11102"]

Anyways I think I'll end any further converstaion with you because I see you already have an opinon favoring MS and don't seem to be willing to look at things objectivly...carzy glitches like Big rigs huh? Cool.

proof11102

First of all Casey didn't a prefect example to ANYTHING. This is why I have no respect for lemmings. Compairing MGS3 to Big Rigs is a perfect example to you? Yeah, I guess that's what makes you a lemming. And your addition to the argument is just patheric. Trying to hang on the coat tails the power wielding authority wont make your arguments any better.

Did you just call Casey a lemming? Casey =/= lemming.
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

Yeah, one day someone from one of the companies said to his fellow co-workers: "I have a wonderous idea!  Let's pay Gamespot in order for them to give our games high scores and make our games/console look better than the others!"