Forbes:The Math Behind Xbox Game Pass Versus $70 Sony Games Will Snowball Quickly

• 187 results
Avatar image for deactivated-62852ef1135c6
deactivated-62852ef1135c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 deactivated-62852ef1135c6
Member since 2021 • 1322 Posts

@shadyacshuns said:

@sealionact: I can't speak for wandering_halls, but for me personally, I collect niche Japanese games and replay them from time to time. Those games are hard to find and tend to go up in price, and some of them have no digital versions.

As for more modern titles, yeah I agree that some of them aren't even collectible. I've also gone totally digital for Xbox, but with Nintendo and Sony I still go physical most of the time, because even today, their niche titles will become rare because Japanese publishers don't put out many copies, and they are soon bought up by consumers are rarely enter the reseller markets.

Definitely collect some rare games from time to time. I paid, for instance, a grotesque amount of money for a near-mint copy of Rule of Rose....which I replay consistently about once a year. Rare games are certainly not the only games I buy or replay, mind you.

And there are absolutely modern titles I'd rather just rent. TLoU2 is a prime example.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#52 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

@zerothehero: Settle down there bro. You’re going to blow a vein. 😂

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Glad to see Protoss is back.

Also gamepass is a great value for me and I dont even have the console only games. The mental gymnastics people are pulling off to convince themselves that GP is a bad value must be exhausting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@Pedro said:
@wandering_halls said:

I have thousands of games.

I you revisit the majority of those thousands of games?

Like I was saying, buying and replaying is an aspect of my personality, I think. Over the course of my entire life (so dramatic, lol), I do expect to replay most if not all of the games I own. It's just how I am. I like to play/watch/read games/movies/books etc. at a point in my life and then revisit it later on. You see things in a new way; sometimes the old thing seems like an entirely new thing. It's interesting to me. Also, I tend to be nostalgic at times, to say the least.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8063 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I noticed people seem to equate renting with ownership when it comes to taking about GamePass. It's just not the same thing. I've had games that I've kept for years and the value went above what I paid for.

you can still buy any game you want, and if it's in Game Pass you get a 20% discount..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#56  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@wandering_halls said:
@Pedro said:

Like I was saying, buying and replaying is an aspect of my personality, I think. Over the course of my entire life (so dramatic, lol), I do expect to replay most if not all of the games I own. It's just how I am. I like to play/watch/read games/movies/books etc. at a point in my life and then revisit it later on. You see things in a new way; sometimes the thing seems like an entirely new thing. It's interesting to me. Also, I tend to be nostalgic at times, to say the least.

Ok, you are one of the few people that replay the majority of the thousands of game that you own later on. None of this changes the nature of my initial comment, that majority of gamers do not. In fact, when using trophy and achievements completion rates, most gamers don't complete games. The average completion rates are ~20%.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Pedro

@Antwan3K said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I noticed people seem to equate renting with ownership when it comes to taking about GamePass. It's just not the same thing. I've had games that I've kept for years and the value went above what I paid for.

you can still buy any game you want, and if it's in Game Pass you get a 20% discount..

I thought it was 10%?🤔

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

@wandering_halls: Same here. I still have my complete .Hack, Xenosaga, and shadow hearts collections that I still like to play now and then. I've seen these go for hundreds of dollars on ebay (my .Hack with the dvds are over $500 last I looked) and I wouldn't be able to experience them if I didn't own them. There's a market for rare games for a reason. People still like to own them and collect them.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@wandering_halls: Do you buy most music and video you consume? If you do so you're in the minority, if not why?

Particularly with people moving towards digital ownership is close to obsolete. It's nice to have the option to buy, but generally speaking people are choosing digital over physical and services are dominating. Music is there, movies and TV are there and games have been steadily moving towards it.

I get that you guys have to hate for the simple pleasure of it but look around you. The general public doesn't care about physical formats that continuously become obsolete and disposable.

To me, personally, is simple. I don't replay 99% of my games, online games are for the most part perishables. I have absolutely no reason to choose paying absurdly more for what effectively is the exact same experience. Which is, play the game, finish it, never touch it again. And the very small minority I do replay I'll still buy a physical copy super cheap later down the road.

It might not be for you but I think people who have ownership issues are becoming more and more a minority as you can see in the real world outside this obnoxious place.

I buy my movies and music directly through itunes so I don't need netflix or apple music. No subscriptions means im saving money in the long run like leasing a car over buying. Most people just flat out buy the car or finance leasing renting is actually in the minority.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Particularly with people moving towards digital ownership is close to obsolete. It's nice to have the option to buy, but generally speaking people are choosing digital over physical and services are dominating. Music is there, movies and TV are there and games have been steadily moving towards it.

I get that you guys have to hate for the simple pleasure of it but look around you. The general public doesn't care about physical formats that continuously become obsolete and disposable.

In terms of gaming people still care about physical format. Movies and music is a different story but not gaming. What GP does is not only entice those who prefer a digital purchase but it still appeals to those with a physical need as well. What better way to up the chances of a physical buy than allowing someone to pay a fraction of a new release price while still playing a new release? Clearly GP is a major strength of MS contrary to what some would have you believe.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Pedro: After 90 days on the market it becomes 20%, 10% before that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pedro

@fedor said:

@Pedro: After 90 days on the market it becomes 20%. 10% before that.

I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Antwan3K
@hardwenzen said:

I usually buy most games i am interested day one. This is a first generation (on ps5 that is) that i simply don't. When the game cost me $105cad with taxes, i ask myself if i really want to play it this badly. If a game like Returnal was on a gamepass-like service, i would've already "rented" it for a month, beat it and move to Ratchet.

we don't agree alot but you're speaking the truth here.. that's one of the clear benefits of Game Pass.. being able to try any of their new 1st party games virtually risk-free..

best case, you discover a title you really enjoy.. worst case, you just wasted a bit of time on a game you didn't like but (best case again), you didn't waste $60~$70 on it..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@Pedro said:
@wandering_halls said:
@Pedro said:

Like I was saying, buying and replaying is an aspect of my personality, I think. Over the course of my entire life (so dramatic, lol), I do expect to replay most if not all of the games I own. It's just how I am. I like to play/watch/read games/movies/books etc. at a point in my life and then revisit it later on. You see things in a new way; sometimes the thing seems like an entirely new thing. It's interesting to me. Also, I tend to be nostalgic at times, to say the least.

Ok, you are one of the few people that replay the majority of the thousands of game that you own later on. None of this changes the nature of my initial comment, that majority of gamers do not. In fact, when using trophy and achievements completion rates, most gamers don't complete games. The average completion rates are ~20%.

There is no way to know for certain. The majority might prefer to own games, or might not. It matters not. The only thing that matters is what you personally prefer. As for completion rates, doesn't even belong in the conversation.

GP is a fine service for trials, or for those that simply prefer rent games. That's pretty much the gist.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

@wandering_halls: Yeah mostly digital, have no desire to collect. I just like trying new games - anything I think looks interesting. Game Pass makes a lot of sense for me. I've spent tons of money on games I buy for $60, play a few hours and drop. I'm def not going to force myself to play a game if I'm not enjoying it - that's a double waste.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-62852ef1135c6
@rmiller365 said:

@wandering_halls: Same here. I still have my complete .Hack, Xenosaga, and shadow hearts collections that I still like to play now and then. I've seen these go for hundreds of dollars on ebay (my .Hack with the dvds are over $500 last I looked) and I wouldn't be able to experience them if I didn't own them.

Yep. Some people like to pretend that people like us don't exist, but the fact is there are a lot of gamers out there still buying/collecting a lot of games. It's great to be able to revisit the physical copies of older games. It's an enriching feeling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@pyro1245 said:

@wandering_halls: Yeah mostly digital, have no desire to collect. I just like trying new games - anything I think looks interesting. Game Pass makes a lot of sense for me. I've spent tons of money on games I buy for $60, play a few hours and drop. I'm def not going to force myself to play a game if I'm not enjoying it - that's a double waste.

Yeah, again, I think GP is solid for trial purposes. It can very well motivate to branch out and try other games you wouldn't normally try.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Pedro

@wandering_halls said:

There is no way to know for certain. The majority might prefer to own games, or might not. It matters not. The only thing that matters is what you personally prefer. As for completion rates, doesn't even belong in the conversation.

GP is a fine service for trials, or for those that simply prefer rent games. That's pretty much the gist.

Why are you making something that can be known a unsolved mystery? There are ways to know for certain if gamers prefer ownership over rental. If services like GamePass explode, that is the certainty right there. Other markets of entertainment has demonstrated this. So, there are factors that can be used to know for certain what the market prefers.

Completion rates do belong in this conversation. It shows how many gamers actual complete games. It shows the level of attachment to the product.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@Solaryellow: Do they? People tend to forget the biggest gaming platform is 100% digital.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pedro

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@Solaryellow: Do they? People tend to forget the biggest gaming platform is 100% digital.

Would that be platforms?

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

The fetishization of "owning" games is overrated. As many people ITT have already stated, most games in your library will never be touched again.

The days of me filling up my livingroom with hundreds of worthless plastic boxes that will sit untouched on the shelf for years, some I've only ever even booted up once........that life is DONE for me.

Even weirder are the people who just dump all that shit off at Gamestop for pennies at the end of every gen. Like, what was all that money even for? That is not "big ballin". that is fiscal irresponsibility.

Even weirder than that, are the Cows who hate "old games", but also do all of the above.

As an aside, I'm also going all digital this gen. I hate messing around with discs, and I'd like to take advantage of features like Quick Resume. Imagine every time you wanted to change the TV channel you had to walk to your TV and change a disc. You see how archaic and combersome that is?

EDIT:

I understand that some people are collectors, and more power to them, Im not here to critisize those people, but I am not one of them. I have no interest in collecting or "owning" games, outside of the few I cannot get otherwise.

Just like im not terribly broken up over the fact that I dont own Blu-Ray boxed sets of House of Cards, Orange is the new Black, Stranger Things, Bojack Horseman, Ozark, etc....I've consumed that content and moved on with my life. I bingewatched the entire series of Criminal Minds, then watched Homeland, then watched Billions, in the last 6 months. Again, I dont fly into a fit of rage because I do not "own" them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@Pedro said:
@wandering_halls said:

Why are you making something that can be known a unsolved mystery? There are ways to know for certain if gamers prefer ownership over rental. If services like GamePass explode, that is the certainty right there. Other markets of entertainment has demonstrated this. So, there are factors that can be used to know for certain what the market prefers.

Completion rates do belong in this conversation. It shows how many gamers actual complete games. It shows the level of attachment to the product.

Completion rates have no bearing on this conversation. People buy games and don't finish them all the time. Often they finish them later on, or not at all.

If services like GP explode it means....people are renting games. Again, you simply can't know for sure how many people are still buying games or not. Just because a person rents a game, or a hundred games, it does not mean they don't buy games, too. GP is a great service. Buying games is great, too.

Yes, dude. There are gamers out there that still buy games, and replay them. It is so freaking weird that this bothers you.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

This ownership v renting argument is just stupid.

Get GamePass play the game at launch, like watching a netflix series all the way through when its launched.

Play the game as many times as you like while its on gamepass.

Most people will not want to play it after a period of time and will move on.

Those that want to keep a copy or keep playing once it leaves gamespass, just buy it in a sale for less than half the price.

Win Win

GamePass is the main thing that Sony should be scared off.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Antwan3K

if/when Sony makes a true Game Pass competitor that includes PlayStation Studios 1st party titles day one as apart of the subscription, i wonder how many of these "i always buy my games" arguments will shift to "awesome, great value!!1!"..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Pedro

@wandering_halls said:

Completion rates have no bearing on this conversation. People buy games and don't finish them all the time. Often they finish them later on, or not at all.

If services like GP explode it means....people are renting games. Again, you simply can't know for sure how many people are still buying games or not. Just because a person rents a game, or a hundred games, it does not mean they don't buy games, too. GP is a great service. Buying games is great, too.

Yes, dude. There are gamers out there that still buy games, and replay them. It is so freaking weird that this bothers you.

It is your opinion that completion rates have no bearing on the conversation. People buy games and don't finish them all time as you have stated. This increases the likelihood of these gamers being more interested in a renting the game than buying it. It is an odd stance to believe that a players attachment to a game has no relevance.

Don't be silly now. You are acting as if knowing whether or not the majority of gamers prefer to rent games will be a perpetual unknown. We can know for sure how many people are still buying games. There are sales units that are tracked. Stop inserting these weird naivety into the conversation. In the same manner we know the more gamers purchase their games digital, we can know if more gamers prefer rental services over purchases like we do in every other market.

Which part of the this conversation indicated, or implied that I was bothered by gamers purchasing games? Stating that the majority of gamers don't replay their games is signs of being bothered? Nowhere was it ever stated or implied that gamers don't buy games. If you want go down this road of nonsensical deflection and made up stances, be my guess. I can play that game if you want. 😎

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#77 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

It's amazing how stupid people are.

What's stopping from both to exist?

Buy or rent. Stfu.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Selling millions of physical copies of a game isn't too shabby. There is still a market for it as evidenced by sales numbers, space in retail stores, etc.., It seems as if every generation claims the subsequent generation will the one where it goes entirely digital and yet it never happens. There definitely is a place for both digital and physical.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@Pedro said:
@wandering_halls said:

It is your opinion that completion rates have no bearing on the conversation. People buy games and don't finish them all time as you have stated. This increases the likelihood of these gamers being more interested in a renting the game than buying it. It is an odd stance to believe that a players attachment to a game has no relevance.

Don't be silly now. You are acting as if knowing whether or not the majority of gamers prefer to rent games will be a perpetual unknown. We can know for sure how many people are still buying games. There are sales units that are tracked. Stop inserting these weird naivety into the conversation. In the same manner we know the more gamers purchase their games digital, we can know if more gamers prefer rental services over purchases like we do in every other market.

Which part of the this conversation indicated, or implied that I was bothered by gamers purchasing games? Stating that the majority of gamers don't replay their games is signs of being bothered? Nowhere was it ever stated or implied that gamers don't buy games. If you want go down this road of nonsensical deflection and made up stances, be my guess. I can play that game if you want. 😎

Lol, no, dude, it is not odd that I think people that rent games might also be buying them. I mean, it's totally plausible. Some games you want to rent, some buy. Nothing weird there.

As for the rest, you're just oddly pissed off about all this, lol. I mean, take me. I love buying and replaying games, but I would never fault someone for just renting games. I think renting is fine. I think GP is great. I might even use it at some point. In the meantime, I'll continue buying games, and won't criticize people for not wanting to buy games. Cool beans.

Again, no need to say you're not bothered. You clearly are. Otherwise you wouldn't be passive aggressive. Some people like to buy their games....and replay them later. You have some kind of issue with that.

It's weird, dude. But whatever.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

@lhughey: "And if you really want to own it, then play it day one on GamePass, then purchase it several months later when the game is on sale."

Funny how true this is, yet it doesn't seem to shut up the haters that use the "rather own them not rent them" line.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@Pedro: Steam, I know it's not exactly a platform but its dominance makes it more than a simple store.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@Pedro: Steam, I know it's not exactly a platform but its dominance makes it more than a simple store.

Yep.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Worth mentioning Sony can always do this too if they have to, but again, there's more to Game Pass and Microsoft's UWP than first party day one. Being able to play games on console and PC and having cross system rights sharing also something Sony should pursue, especially since they seem keen on bringing more games to PC. They should also consider bringing the games to PC at same time as PS5.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Interesting, since I was just playing Crimson Skies (OG Xbox game) and Oblivion (Xbox 360 title) on my XSX thanks to game pass.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Pedro

@wandering_halls said:

Lol, no, dude, it is not odd that I think people that rent games might also be buying them. I mean, it's totally plausible. Some games you want to rent, some buy. Nothing weird there.

As for the rest, you're just oddly pissed off about all this, lol. I mean, take me. I love buying and replaying games, but I would never fault someone for just renting games. I think renting is fine. I think GP is great. I might even use it at some point. In the meantime, I'll continue buying games, and won't criticize people for not wanting to buy games. Cool beans.

Again, no need to say you're not bothered. You clearly are. Otherwise you wouldn't be passive aggressive. Some people like to buy their games....and replay them later. You have some kind of issue with that.

It's weird, dude. But whatever.

No one said you were odd for thinking that people that rent games might also buy it. Multiple people including myself indicated that was one of the benefits to these services. Again, you are making claims that were never stated or implied.

What would I be pissed about? Where did anyone criticize you or anyone for buying games?

You are making and arguing against claims that were never stated. You have deflected from the point which still remains that the majority of gamers don't replay their games and that renting is more viable option. I am not sure why you believe the conversation was about specifically you. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@wandering_halls: "Some people like to buy their games....and replay them later. You have some kind of issue with that."

Pedro likes to think like he knows some universal truth. But for the 6 months or so that I've been here, he's been wrong most of the time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@Pedro said:

What would I be pissed about? Where did anyone criticize you or anyone for buying games?

You are making and arguing against claims that were never stated.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Pedro

@wandering_halls said:
@Pedro said:

And you stated you were not part of that majority, which was addressed earlier. It is clear that comment upset you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@Pedro said:
@wandering_halls said:
@Pedro said:

And you stated you were not part of that majority, which was addressed earlier. It is clear that comment upset you.

"Where did anyone criticize you or anyone for buying games?"

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Pedro

@wandering_halls said:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@Pedro said:
@wandering_halls said:

Dude, you straight up asked me where did anybody criticize me or anybody for buying games. Then I posted a picture of you criticizing people for owning games.....in this freaking thread, lol.

Speaking of ownership, you just got owned, my dude.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Pedro

@wandering_halls said:

Dude, you straight up asked me where did anybody criticize me or anybody for buying games. Then I posted a picture of you criticizing people for owning games.....in this freaking thread, lol.

Speaking of ownership, you just got owned, my dude.

And I addressed that issue earlier. That the majority of gamers don't replay their games and if they say they do, they are lying to themselves. You are factually paying for the comfort of knowing your can play the game at a later date. You stated you are not part of that majority.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#93 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

It’s a dilemma for Sony. On one hand they have much stronger exclusive lineup so it’s easy to understand why they are reluctant to give it away for cheap. On the other hand people do care about money, even if that means to settle for a little less. So GP will start to chip away at their player base. Not easy. I’m sure it’s something their leadership is thinking about constantly.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@shadyacshuns: GP has been around since last gen. Most people play on Playstation and PS5 is still selling more than Xbox, would still sell more than Xbox if both were readily available (spare me the sold out excuse) I suggest getting a higher paying job. I can rent games from gamefly for cheaper than both. People seem to value owning their games.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@Pedro: "That the majority of gamers don't replay their games and if they say they do, they are lying to themselves."

Do you have evidence to support this?

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@simple-facts: I appreciate the fact that Sony double dips. They make sure they get their return on high budget games day one and put them on Plus or Now once sales have hit a certain saturation point. I'd prefer devs get their money to make better installments later down the line. What do you Lems not understand about Xbox has to put new games on GP to stay relevant? Why would Sony give their games away for 15 a month for when they sell? Get out of the glass house before throwing stones.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Like what? The only system I've noticed that for was the Gamecube and Wii U. Mainly because the less popular a system is, the less copies of those games in the wild. Seriously, had I known, I never would have opened my GC games, some of them are worth an absolute fortune.

PS1 games have gone up in value by a lot too.

It's not usual for an Xbox or PS game in the last couple of gens to go up in value. Probably from the 7th gen onwards. Some games might have kept their launch value, but that's rare too.

Also, how does this help those that buy digitally on the PS5 digital?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@shadyacshuns: GP has been around since last gen. Most people play on Playstation and PS5 is still selling more than Xbox, would still sell more than Xbox if both were readily available (spare me the sold out excuse) I suggest getting a higher paying job. I can rent games from gamefly for cheaper than both. People seem to value owning their games.

It's almost like MS puts all it's games out on PC and anything that has access to GP therefore making a console purchase unnecessary for many. Most people who talk about other people's financial situations are projecting their brokeness onto others. Gamefly is also trash, much like your post.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: There is definitely a difference between ownership and renting, which is a significant difference, but doesn't it really depend on the needs of the gamer?

Value is a big deal to some people. First, you weigh what is being offered, then you compare it to your own habits and desires and then you decide... Do I want a 70 dollar license I get to hang on to so I can play anytime or do I want a fluid library of games for far less, but knowing that the library will change....

Gamepass is an action that will show its effectiveness based on subscriptions comparatively to unit sales. Something tells me a large percentage of gamers are quite happy playing games on the cheap and are fine moving on from license ownership.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

I lol'd when I read your juvenile thoughts. You're the worst kind of fanboy: indoctrinated fanboy. You're so insecure that you wrap yourself in a blanket of Sony's previous successes and pretend they are your own.

Why would such things matter so much to you? To the point that you zombie yourself in the interest of a corpo over your own happiness and well being? Why?