First Person Shooters... Who wins?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#101 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
No, actually i hated CoD2, I thought it took everything good out of CoD1, and replaced it with dummbed down stuff like less recoil with guns, Regen, one button nades, all of that is unrealistic and takes you out of the game.coolguy1111
Well, I just wanted to clarify. Because we all see your avatar... and well... that looked like a seriously hypocritical statement... Which you bashed someone for making before, am I correct? Is this 2 self-ownages in one post? I don't usually say things like this, but... well, we all see it...
juanfraino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 juanfraino
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts
Im gonna go with Metroid 3 :)
DrOleg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 DrOleg
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts
I don't think Halo 3 is going to score higher than a 9.0

The single player has always been boring and so far nothing is going to change that. Sure the multiplayer will be great as always... but besides a minor graphical upgrade, Halo 3 isn't going to be any better than Halo 2 so far.
Skippyj9

minor graphical upgrades? you really think that halo 3 will look like an upgraded halo 2? comeon....
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="AlbertE-"] Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, smokeydabear076
Come again? Use grenades without changing weapons, use melee without changing weapons, limited arsenal(only two weapons), first FPS to have vehicles play a huge part of the SP part of the game, just for starters...

No, You could bash in DoD, and in Battleground, both HL1 modes that came out before Halo, No nade swaping is unrealistic and is only put in console games to make it easier to do, as with the vehicles, there was PC games that used them, tribes is one. And yes, the limited weapon thing is an innovation, I think. Unless the original MoH had that, cant remember..

Since you can't remember no it didn't. Also Tribeshad extensive vehicle use for multiplayer but not as much for SP. Also, doesn't my copy of COD2 for....PC....have grenades that you use without switching to them? Your reasoning on that is laughable, they did it because it helps with strategy. PC games now do it.-_-

Actually Far Cry let you do that and I am sure that there was a game before it. It is more of a standard now though, I remember seeing it in Serious Sam 2.

CoD2 is a console port, this is antoher point, there making dumbed down versions of the games for consoles. CoD2 was so easy it was laughable. Beating the game on veteran only dieing once or twice a level, comapred to the first one where I died once or twice each save point?
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="Newnab"]Just to re-iterate. If you're so uptight that you can't bear to have people on the internet thinking a first person game where you shoot things is a FPS, then you can submit to the thread a game FOR THE NINTENDO WII which you feel is the most anticipated or looking like the best for us to compare to the other three on the list. I'm not opening the floor to everyone bringing in all sorts of random FPS's for all systems.Newnab
Yeah, I noticed you completely ignored my post and went forward with this... Why not just leave the Wii off until you have an actual FPS, rather than a game that has FPS like elements? I mean, Nintendo has even outright stated that it's not an FPS... It's all good and fine for you to lump Metroid Prime with FPS's, other than that it isn't one.

If I left the Wii off the list completely, you could bet your last dollar that Wii fans would jump all over my back for making a biased poll and not including them. It's a lose lose situation for me, and I don't even really care whether people think it's a FPS or not when it seems to clearly fulfill the requirements for one, so I'm giving people the option. If you don't like it, you can always just go read some other thread, or make your own where everything you believe has to be believed by everyone else no matter how silly.

So you add a non FPS game into the mix because you might look bad to an audience for a system that doesn't have any great FPS games coming up that I know of? Oh boo hoo... Again, Oblivion clearly fills the requirement you made up for FPS games. Your requirements suck. And hey, I don't feel like starting my own thread - I'm quite happy sitting here pointing out the idiocy of including non FPS games in your FPS poll.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"]No, actually i hated CoD2, I thought it took everything good out of CoD1, and replaced it with dummbed down stuff like less recoil with guns, Regen, one button nades, all of that is unrealistic and takes you out of the game.musicalmac
Well, I just wanted to clarify. Because we all see your avatar... and well... that looked like a seriously hypocritical statement... Which you bashed someone for making before, am I correct? Is this 2 self-ownages in one post? I don't usually say things like this, but... well, we all see it...

There was a game called CoD1, the much better version of the game, before they dumbed it down. I love how our solders in WW2 were super solders that could throw nades in one hand, shoot guns running without any recoil, and take hits, duck, regain health, and keep going.
omegajek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 omegajek
Member since 2006 • 2141 Posts
I'm not sure wich to pick...
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]No, actually i hated CoD2, I thought it took everything good out of CoD1, and replaced it with dummbed down stuff like less recoil with guns, Regen, one button nades, all of that is unrealistic and takes you out of the game.coolguy1111

There was a game called CoD1, the much better version of the game, before they dumbed it down. I love how our solders in WW2 were super solders that could throw nades in one hand, shoot guns running without any recoil, and take hits, duck, regain health, and keep going.

There is nothing realistic about any COD game except the detail on the weapons. It's always been an arcade shooter. They were going for visceral, intense action, not "Operation Flashpoint; WW2 Memoirs."
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 musicalmac  Moderator

There was a game called CoD1, the much better version of the game, before they dumbed it down. I love how our solders in WW2 were super solders that could throw nades in one hand, shoot guns running without any recoil, and take hits, duck, regain health, and keep going. coolguy1111

Oh I know, I played it on my Mac, and really enjoyed it. But I don't see why holding a gun in one hand, and throwing a grenade in the other makes you a super soldier. And you know it. I have a present for you:

:lol:

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts
[QUOTE="Newnab"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="Newnab"]Just to re-iterate. If you're so uptight that you can't bear to have people on the internet thinking a first person game where you shoot things is a FPS, then you can submit to the thread a game FOR THE NINTENDO WII which you feel is the most anticipated or looking like the best for us to compare to the other three on the list. I'm not opening the floor to everyone bringing in all sorts of random FPS's for all systems.AfterShafter
Yeah, I noticed you completely ignored my post and went forward with this... Why not just leave the Wii off until you have an actual FPS, rather than a game that has FPS like elements? I mean, Nintendo has even outright stated that it's not an FPS... It's all good and fine for you to lump Metroid Prime with FPS's, other than that it isn't one.

If I left the Wii off the list completely, you could bet your last dollar that Wii fans would jump all over my back for making a biased poll and not including them. It's a lose lose situation for me, and I don't even really care whether people think it's a FPS or not when it seems to clearly fulfill the requirements for one, so I'm giving people the option. If you don't like it, you can always just go read some other thread, or make your own where everything you believe has to be believed by everyone else no matter how silly.

So you add a non FPS game into the mix because you might look bad to an audience for a system that doesn't have any great FPS games coming up that I know of? Oh boo hoo... Again, Oblivion clearly fills the requirement you made up for FPS games. Your requirements suck. And hey, I don't feel like starting my own thread - I'm quite happy sitting here pointing out the idiocy of including non FPS games in your FPS poll.

No, I'm throwing a game I believe to be an FPS in an FPS poll. DEAL. WITH. IT. It really doesn't matter, does it? You can go and make your own thread where MP3 isn't an FPS or whatever, but to me (And many others, including MP fans who're posting in this thread), it IS. FIRST PERSON. GUNS. SHOOT STUFF. FPS. MY OPINION. END OF STORY. Get it now? Now go and un-twist your panties.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]No, actually i hated CoD2, I thought it took everything good out of CoD1, and replaced it with dummbed down stuff like less recoil with guns, Regen, one button nades, all of that is unrealistic and takes you out of the game.Spartan070

There is nothing realistic about any COD game except the detail on the weapons. It's always been an arcade shooter. They were going for visceral, intense action, not "Operation Flashpoint; WW2 Memoirs."

I know, but I still want some realism. But then why do they have to be super solders? Throwing nades, taking 100 bullets, its just dumb and takes out the competition online. The point if no one button nades is to make throwing nades risky and hard. In CS if I hear some one pull the pin, I no to run in because theyll have a nade out and I can kill them.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 coolguy1111

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"] There was a game called CoD1, the much better version of the game, before they dumbed it down. I love how our solders in WW2 were super solders that could throw nades in one hand, shoot guns running without any recoil, and take hits, duck, regain health, and keep going. musicalmac

Oh I know, I played it on my Mac, and really enjoyed it. But I don't see why holding a gun in one hand, and throwing a grenade in the other makes you a super soldier. And you know it. I have a present for you:

You go try it.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
This thread is real fun to look at. There's just so much bull**** being thrown around from side to side... Anyways, Halo also did things for pc shooters, crysis looks to be incredible, killzone 2 is a no-go, metroid is the wacky game out of them all. I personally think right now it's a toss up between halo 3 and crysis. Only a small adaption in either game could turn the tables, so we'll have to wait for the final game. My money is on halo just because I like the style of the game.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="Newnab"] No, I'm throwing a game I believe to be an FPS in an FPS poll. DEAL. WITH. IT. It really doesn't matter, does it? You can go and make your own thread where MP3 isn't an FPS or whatever, but to me (And many others, including MP fans who're posting in this thread), it IS. FIRST PERSON. GUNS. SHOOT STUFF. FPS. MY OPINION. END OF STORY. Get it now? Now go and un-twist your panties.

Again, by your standards Oblivion is an FPS. How stupid is that? The company making the Metroid Prime series has officially stated that it's not an FPS. Don't worry about me getting my "panties twisted," I'm laughing my head off. Next you'll tell me that in your opinion Ninja Gaiden is an action RPG because you speak to people, collect things, and level up your gear, and that it's just your opinion. Opinions can be ass backwards you know...
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 11Marcel
I know, but I still want some realism. But then why do they have to be super solders? Throwing nades, taking 100 bullets, its just dumb and takes out the competition online. The point if no one button nades is to make throwing nades risky and hard. In CS if I hear some one pull the pin, I no to run in because theyll have a nade out and I can kill them. coolguy1111
Actually, in the more realistic games like rainbow six there's also nade throwing without changing weapons. Have you also ever seen a soldier put his weapon away, pick a grenade, throw it and pick up their weapon again? They keep their weapon in the left hand, grab grenade with the other hand, pull the pin with their teeth or something and throw it. Also, in rainbow six vegas you're still vulnerable enough while throwing a grenade.
oback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116 oback
Member since 2004 • 7151 Posts
crysis
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="musicalmac"]

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"] There was a game called CoD1, the much better version of the game, before they dumbed it down. I love how our solders in WW2 were super solders that could throw nades in one hand, shoot guns running without any recoil, and take hits, duck, regain health, and keep going. coolguy1111

You go try it.

In the heat of battle (which I've never been in, Thank God), I think you'd find the strength to throw a grenade without putting away your gun. Does this mean you also don't like the game F.E.A.R.? You can throw nades without switching weapons in that game, too. I think your argument is weak.
donut349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 donut349
Member since 2003 • 3951 Posts
Let me go get in my time machine... brb
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Spartan070
Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...
caje47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 caje47
Member since 2005 • 2298 Posts
Metroid Prime = FPA, not FPS.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#121 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...Spartan070
That is why CS and DoD are superior to both Halo and Call of Duty.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 coolguy1111
Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...Spartan070
Yea it is, that health could be considered a medic. And even if it is no more realistic, it makes the game more harder and more competitive. And in CoD1, theres plenty game modes where you cant get more health, S+D, HQ, those are the best team based modes.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...smokeydabear076

CoD1, doesnt have health packs in its CS/DoD like modes.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 11Marcel
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...coolguy1111
Yea it is, that health could be considered a medic. And even if it is no more realistic, it makes the game more harder and more competitive. And in CoD1, theres plenty game modes where you cant get more health, S+D, HQ, those are the best team based modes.

You know why bungie added rechargable health? To make it more fun. Just look at what the effect was. It's actually super fun mostly because of it. It's cooler to be able to hang back for a while than to start a search for a health pack or something.
Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="Newnab"] No, I'm throwing a game I believe to be an FPS in an FPS poll. DEAL. WITH. IT. It really doesn't matter, does it? You can go and make your own thread where MP3 isn't an FPS or whatever, but to me (And many others, including MP fans who're posting in this thread), it IS. FIRST PERSON. GUNS. SHOOT STUFF. FPS. MY OPINION. END OF STORY. Get it now? Now go and un-twist your panties.

Again, by your standards Oblivion is an FPS. How stupid is that? The company making the Metroid Prime series has officially stated that it's not an FPS. Don't worry about me getting my "panties twisted," I'm laughing my head off. Next you'll tell me that in your opinion Ninja Gaiden is an action RPG because you speak to people, collect things, and level up your gear, and that it's just your opinion. Opinions can be ass backwards you know...

You really don't get it? Man. I knew there were stupid people here, but you take the biscuit. Metroid Prime is an FPS in my opinion, and in the opinion of many. It's that simple. It has shooting, guns, first person, etc. To me, it is a first person shooter. Oblivion is a first person game, sure, but the combat doesn't involve the firing of guns at anyone. If you personally believe that Oblivion is a FPS, then.... Ok, whatever. That's YOUR opinion, and in MINE, MP is an FPS. You need to get over it. Seriously. As a side note, I'm going off to eat for a bit. Will be back on this thread later to see how things have progressed. See y'all in a bit.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"] There was a game called CoD1, the much better version of the game, before they dumbed it down. I love how our solders in WW2 were super solders that could throw nades in one hand, shoot guns running without any recoil, and take hits, duck, regain health, and keep going. musicalmac

You go try it.

In the heat of battle (which I've never been in, Thank God), I think you'd find the strength to throw a grenade without putting away your gun. Does this mean you also don't like the game F.E.A.R.? You can throw nades without switching weapons in that game, too. I think your argument is weak.

Again, go take a live, heavy nade, get all your best friends, your loved ones, around you, take your even heaver gun, get tons of equipment on, have people shoot at you, so your sweating, explosions going off, your shaking, and try and throw a nade with one, and pull the pin. And I liked FEARs SP, its MP is lame, and one button nades to add to the lameness. It makes it easier.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...smokeydabear076

What? read my post again, word for word...
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...11Marcel

You know why bungie added rechargable health? To make it more fun. Just look at what the effect was. It's actually super fun mostly because of it. It's cooler to be able to hang back for a while than to start a search for a health pack or something.

Yea but games like CoD/CS/DoD where there is no way to get more health, thats more fun because its harder and you feel like once your done your done.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"] There was a game called CoD1, the much better version of the game, before they dumbed it down. I love how our solders in WW2 were super solders that could throw nades in one hand, shoot guns running without any recoil, and take hits, duck, regain health, and keep going. coolguy1111

You go try it.

Again, go take a live, heavy nade, get all your best friends, your loved ones, around you, take your even heaver gun, get tons of equipment on, have people shoot at you, so your sweating, explosions going off, your shaking, and try and throw a nade with one, and pull the pin. And I liked FEARs SP, its MP is lame, and one button nades to add to the lameness. It makes it easier.

I can't even believe you're still arguing this! Even with all the factors you mentioned, your adreneline would be pumping something fierce. Not only that, but you would have had months or years of hard training to be ready for such circumstances. I'm sure it's heavy, but I'm also sure it's possible. Honestly, weak sauce.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...Spartan070

What? read my post again, word for word...

Yes it is, there both unrealistic, dont get me wrong, but getting shot 5 times ducking and being ifne in the matter of seconds is very unreal and doesnt belong in a ww2 game, or any game that wants to be competitive. You were the one who said theres Halo2 leagues.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Spartan070
[QUOTE="11Marcel"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...coolguy1111

Yea but games like CoD/CS/DoD where there is no way to get more health, thats more fun because its harder and you feel like once your done your done.

well "fun" is subjective...
StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#132 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts
The most popular will probably be HALO 3, nearly everyone who knows what an xbox is, knows what halo is The best FPS IMO would be Crysis
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="Newnab"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="Newnab"] No, I'm throwing a game I believe to be an FPS in an FPS poll. DEAL. WITH. IT. It really doesn't matter, does it? You can go and make your own thread where MP3 isn't an FPS or whatever, but to me (And many others, including MP fans who're posting in this thread), it IS. FIRST PERSON. GUNS. SHOOT STUFF. FPS. MY OPINION. END OF STORY. Get it now? Now go and un-twist your panties.

You really don't get it? Man. I knew there were stupid people here, but you take the biscuit. Metroid Prime is an FPS in my opinion, and in the opinion of many. It's that simple. It has shooting, guns, first person, etc. To me, it is a first person shooter. Oblivion is a first person game, sure, but the combat doesn't involve the firing of guns at anyone. If you personally believe that Oblivion is a FPS, then.... Ok, whatever. That's YOUR opinion, and in MINE, MP is an FPS. You need to get over it. Seriously. As a side note, I'm going off to eat for a bit. Will be back on this thread later to see how things have progressed. See y'all in a bit.

Hexen's gameplay doesn't involve firing guns at people. Is it not an FPS? Sorry, that game is one of the most classic FPS's there is. It's "first person shooter" not "first person gun shooter," and go figure, shooting from first person is quite a significant part of Oblivion's gameplay. So, why is it not an FPS based on your stupid, and in some cases arbitrary, standards? Oh, for your reading pleasure... "It was the first 3D Metroid game and is officially classified by Nintendo as a first-person adventure (rather than a first-person shooter)" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Prime It can be my opinion that 2 + 2 = 18. My opinion would be wrong in that case, as yours is now. I'm the stupid one? Right.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...coolguy1111

The most popular online mode last fall was SWAT for Halo 2. No shields, no recharging health...
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]

You go try it.

I can't even believe you're still arguing this! Even with all the factors you mentioned, your adreneline would be pumping something fierce. Not only that, but you would have had months or years of hard training to be ready for such circumstances. I'm sure it's heavy, but I'm also sure it's possible. Honestly, weak sauce.

Yes, of training. Solders are trained to throw with two hands. You need one to pull the pin, and one to throw. And when your dealing with yours and peoples around you lives, your not going to be taking a risky chance like that. There not baseballs, like R6 makes them out to be.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...Spartan070

The most popular online mode last fall was SWAT for Halo 2. No shields, no recharging health...

Cool. Thats cool then.  That actually sounds fun.  not constant noob spam fest like every other spawn based recharging health game is.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"] Yes, of training. Solders are trained to throw with two hands. You need one to pull the pin, and one to throw. And when your dealing with yours and peoples around you lives, your not going to be taking a risky chance like that. There not baseballs, like R6 makes them out to be.

How much military training do you have? I mean, you seem to talk about it like you're already in the military!
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="11Marcel"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...Spartan070

Then I think its more fun when you actually mean something to the team, when you die it means something, when you kill someone it means something, when you cap a flag it means something.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 11Marcel
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...coolguy1111

Cool. Thats cool then.  That actually sounds fun.  not constant noob spam fest like every other spawn based recharging health game is.

Actually, health would recharge, but most kills are one hitters anyways so you wouldn't notice.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Spartan070
[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"] Yes, of training. Solders are trained to throw with two hands. You need one to pull the pin, and one to throw. And when your dealing with yours and peoples around you lives, your not going to be taking a risky chance like that. There not baseballs, like R6 makes them out to be.

How much military training do you have? I mean, you seem to talk about it like you're already in the military!

I actually completed Army boot-camp, my father was aMarine and completed the Crucible and my grandfather was an Army quartermaster for 11years. Throwing a grenade with one hand is 100% feasible, this conversation is pointless. NO ONE in live combat puts down their weapon for ANY reason.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"] Yes, of training. Solders are trained to throw with two hands. You need one to pull the pin, and one to throw. And when your dealing with yours and peoples around you lives, your not going to be taking a risky chance like that. There not baseballs, like R6 makes them out to be.

None, I no people in the military. This is what they tell me. And my other point is nade swapping makes game more competitive.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="11Marcel"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]Regenerating heath is no more unrealistic than stepping on a white box and being spontaneously healed...coolguy1111

Then I think its more fun when you actually mean something to the team, when you die it means something, when you kill someone it means something, when you cap a flag it means something.

Ok.....(applies that to every FPS in existence....)
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"] Yes, of training. Solders are trained to throw with two hands. You need one to pull the pin, and one to throw. And when your dealing with yours and peoples around you lives, your not going to be taking a risky chance like that. There not baseballs, like R6 makes them out to be.

I actually completed Army boot-camp, my father was aMarine and completed the Crucible and my grandfather was an Army quartermaster for 11years. Throwing a grenade with one hand is 100% feasible, this conversation is pointless. NO ONE in live combat puts down their weapon for ANY reason.

Thank you! You beat me to it! Both my grandpas were in the military for WWII.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"] Yes, of training. Solders are trained to throw with two hands. You need one to pull the pin, and one to throw. And when your dealing with yours and peoples around you lives, your not going to be taking a risky chance like that. There not baseballs, like R6 makes them out to be.

None, I no people in the military. This is what they tell me. And my other point is nade swapping makes game more competitive.

I thought you wanted it for realism?...
Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
Metroid isn't a FPS.
It still wins, though.
Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts
Crysis
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"] Yes, of training. Solders are trained to throw with two hands. You need one to pull the pin, and one to throw. And when your dealing with yours and peoples around you lives, your not going to be taking a risky chance like that. There not baseballs, like R6 makes them out to be.

You are trained to throw with 2 hands, they do do this, people in combat have said this, and the argument is your not going to throw a nade like they do in CoD2 or Halo. They just lob it out there.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"] Yes, of training. Solders are trained to throw with two hands. You need one to pull the pin, and one to throw. And when your dealing with yours and peoples around you lives, your not going to be taking a risky chance like that. There not baseballs, like R6 makes them out to be.

I thought you wanted it for realism?...

No, I said it makes it more realistic, but idc, i dont play single player games.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Spartan070
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"] Yes, of training. Solders are trained to throw with two hands. You need one to pull the pin, and one to throw. And when your dealing with yours and peoples around you lives, your not going to be taking a risky chance like that. There not baseballs, like R6 makes them out to be.

You are trained to throw with 2 hands, they do do this, people in combat have said this, and the argument is your not going to throw a nade like they do in CoD2 or Halo. They just lob it out there.

Pull the pin with the other hand and throw with the other so yes, two hands. However, you do not holster or put down your firearm while doing this. It's either still in your hand or under your arm, depending on the weapon.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 musicalmac  Moderator

And I liked FEARs SP, its MP is lame, and one button nades to add to the lameness. It makes it easier.coolguy1111
No, I said it makes it more realistic, but idc, i dont play single player games.coolguy1111

You don't play single player games?... :|