First Person Shooters... Who wins?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts

[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]It still doesn't change the fact that Crysis will be better.
baddog121390
By what standard? What if more people enjoy Halo 3 than Crysis? What if more people find Halo 3 fun than find Cysis fun?

What if, eh? Compared to other games, many people who have played some demos of Crysis, say that Crysis feels like play, while other games feel like work. For actual superiority, check my sig ('tis a bit old, but still has some good stuff in there).

Why can't you just drop the fanboyism and enjoy both. 

jwcyclone15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 jwcyclone15
Member since 2005 • 1149 Posts

[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]It still doesn't change the fact that Crysis will be better.
Donkey_Puncher

By what standard? What if more people enjoy Halo 3 than Crysis? What if more people find Halo 3 fun than find Cysis fun?

What if, eh? Compared to other games, many people who have played some demos of Crysis, say that Crysis feels like play, while other games feel like work. For actual superiority, check my sig ('tis a bit old, but still has some good stuff in there).

" First Person Shooters... Who wins?"
Thats the Thread Title.
There can only be 1 winner.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#203 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]It still doesn't change the fact that Crysis will be better.
Donkey_Puncher

Because his posts are in direct response to a console fanboy proclaiming Halo is better. The hermit creed is "Thou shalt not own unless owned upon"....then own them hard.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts

Donkey_Puncher

What fanboyism? How can I be a fanboy of an unproven franchise? Im only hyping it because of the stuff it's going to do on its own - its no sequel. And enjoy both I will, but Crysis is going to be better. Every new major PC FPS exclusive turns out to be the best of its genre. There is no way a sequel of another seqeul, on a console, be better than a brand new FPS IP on the PC.

Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Donkey_Puncher

Because his posts are in direct response to a console fanboy proclaiming Halo is better. The hermit creed is "Thou shalt not own unless owned upon"....then own them hard.Vandalvideo

Ahhh, I see.  Well let the ownage commence.  Hermits ftw!

.....but I do like the Halo series though.:cry:

pcmxms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 pcmxms
Member since 2003 • 1596 Posts
Wow.. not even one of those games are out yet...
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Donkey_Puncher

What fanboyism? How can I be a fanboy of an unproven franchise? Im only hyping it because of the stuff it's going to do on its own - its no sequel. And enjoy both I will, but Crysis is going to be better.
baddog121390

I was commenting on the flame fest going back and forth with Crysis>>>>Halo 3.   or Halo 3>>>>>Crysis. 

Both games are gonna be great, but the core gameplay will be different with both of them too.

Doesn't matter though, I'll play and love both.  You'd be wise to do the same. 

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]It still doesn't change the fact that Crysis will be better.
baddog121390

What if indeed. It's competing with one of the most beloved series of the past decade. You know, this reminds me a *lot* of a much older debate... Total Annihilation VS Starcraft. TA had a full 3D engine, larger maps, WAY more units, actual height physics for artillery concerning walls and hills and stuff, unit formations, new units released every few weeks, wind physics for fire, and plenty of other things I can't even remember. It was technically, and as far as bells and whistles were concerned, the vastly superior game. Oh, it was also out about half a year before Starcraft as well. Starcraft was done on an archaic Warcraft II engine, used dated sprite based graphics, offered lower resolutions than TA, had fewer units, etc etc etc... The list could go on. You know what history has shown? Starcraft is almost universally a more beloved game than the comparitively forgotten TA. Does this mean that Starcraft is a better game despite its technical flaws - could it have just been that much more fun? Well, that's debatable - but what's clear is that you'd be an idiot to call Starcraft a worse game based solely on technical merits or the ravings of some latest-Radeon-up-their-ass PC elite. Looking at your sig, I've seen that argument before on the TA side. Which game will be better has not yet been decided, and people WILL enjoy one game over another. It's not nearly as clear cut as you think about which one it will be there.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 baddog121390

[QUOTE="baddog121390"]What fanboyism? How can I be a fanboy of an unproven franchise? Im only hyping it because of the stuff it's going to do on its own - its no sequel. And enjoy both I will, but Crysis is going to be better.
Donkey_Puncher

I was commenting on the flame fest going back and forth with Crysis>>>>Halo 3. or Halo 3>>>>>Crysis.

Both games are gonna be great, but the core gameplay will be different with both of them too.

Doesn't matter though, I'll play and love both. You'd be wise to do the same.

Crysis has Halo's core gameplay to boot. That's if you want to use it. Remeber, Crysis is three games in one.
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#210 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
No Unreal Tournament 3? :(
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] Because his posts are in direct response to a console fanboy proclaiming Halo is better. The hermit creed is "Thou shalt not own unless owned upon"....then own them hard.

If you're talking about me being a console fanboy... 8 of my favorite 10 games ever are PC games. 3 of my 4 favorite FPS's are PC games. I've been playing PC games since the only colors on my screen were green and black, and didn't start console gaming until the NES. What do you suppose that means?
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] Because his posts are in direct response to a console fanboy proclaiming Halo is better. The hermit creed is "Thou shalt not own unless owned upon"....then own them hard.

If you're talking about me being a console fanboy... 8 of my favorite 10 games ever are PC games. 3 of my 4 favorite FPS's are PC games. I've been playing PC games since the only colors on my screen were green and black, and didn't start console gaming until the NES. What do you suppose that means?

I didn't even know he was replying to you :o.
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Donkey_Puncher
[QUOTE="Donkey_Puncher"]

[QUOTE="baddog121390"]What fanboyism? How can I be a fanboy of an unproven franchise? Im only hyping it because of the stuff it's going to do on its own - its no sequel. And enjoy both I will, but Crysis is going to be better.
baddog121390

I was commenting on the flame fest going back and forth with Crysis>>>>Halo 3. or Halo 3>>>>>Crysis.

Crysis has Halo's core gameplay to boot. That's if you want to use it. Remeber, Crysis is three games in one.

Crysis will not play like Halo 3, I can guaruntee that. 

Come on now, are all hermits as angry as you?  Can't you just enjoy a great franchise when it's presented to you?

baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 baddog121390
AfterShafter

What if indeed. It's competing with one of the most beloved series of the past decade. You know, this reminds me a *lot* of a much older debate... Total Annihilation VS Starcraft. TA had a full 3D engine, larger maps, WAY more units, actual height physics for artillery concerning walls and hills and stuff, unit formations, new units released every few weeks, wind physics for fire, and plenty of other things I can't even remember. It was technically, and as far as bells and whistles were concerned, the vastly superior game. Oh, it was also out about half a year before Starcraft as well. Starcraft was done on an archaic Warcraft II engine, used dated sprite based graphics, offered lower resolutions than TA, had fewer units, etc etc etc... The list could go on. You know what history has shown? Starcraft is almost universally a more beloved game than the comparitively forgotten TA. Does this mean that Starcraft is a better game despite its technical flaws - could it have just been that much more fun? Well, that's debatable - but what's clear is that you'd be an idiot to call Starcraft a worse game based solely on technical merits or the ravings of some latest-Radeon-up-their-ass PC elite. Looking at your sig, I've seen that argument before on the TA side. Which game will be better has not yet been decided, and people WILL enjoy one game over another. It's not nearly as clear cut as you think about which one it will be there.

Hmm, Starcraft and TA. Crysis and Halo 3. Not a fair comparison as Starcraft was shooting for a 2d playing field, while Halo 3 is trying to compete in the 3d world with Crysis.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="Donkey_Puncher"]

baddog121390

And yet a single question looms, and is FAR from being answered... Will it be more fun to play than Halo 3? We'll see, because while I'm sure you've already made up your mind, you and I sure as hell don't know, nor are we qualified to say with any true resolve.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Donkey_Puncher"]

Donkey_Puncher

Come on now, are all hermits as angry as you? Can't you just enjoy a great franchise when it's presented to you?

He's trying to tell you that you can play Crysis like you play Halo, if you want to. You can run n' gun, melee bad guys, and drive around vehicles all you want. Or if you want you can play it completely differently, its up to you. That's the beauty of the game. He's not trying to say the game will be the same as Halo 3.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 baddog121390

Donkey_Puncher

Come on now, are all hermits as angry as you? Can't you just enjoy a great franchise when it's presented to you?

You can't guaruntee that. It's already been shown you can have Halo-like gameplay in Crysis - it's just your own choice.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Vandalvideo

Donkey_Puncher

Come on now, are all hermits as angry as you?  Can't you just enjoy a great franchise when it's presented to you?

Crysis has run and gun, pluck and duck, super hardcore super man beat yo dumb ***, and stealth gameplay. Lets play "Guess Which One Halo IS!".
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 baddog121390
[QUOTE="Donkey_Puncher"][QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="Donkey_Puncher"]

Vandalvideo

Crysis has run and gun, pluck and duck, super hardcore super man beat yo dumb ***, and stealth gameplay. Lets play "Guess Which One Halo IS!".

Zactly.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]It still doesn't change the fact that Crysis will be better.
baddog121390

Hmm, Starcraft and TA. Crysis and Halo 3. Not a fair comparison as Starcraft was shooting for a 2d playing field, while Halo 3 is trying to compete in the 3d world with Crysis.

Um... Both were top down RTS's which were played on an essentially 2D playing field. The 3D engine of TA was for graphical effects, not to allow actual 3D movements. Don't talk unless you have some idea about what you're talking about - TA and Starcraft were VERY comparable, which is why they were constantly compared back in... 96 was it?

Feel free to sub in Diablo II vs NOX, or even WoW VS EQII if you want.  Same deal in each case...  Though WoW VS EQII is a bit of a stretch.
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Donkey_Puncher

He's trying to tell you that you can play Crysis like you play Halo, if you want to.  You can run n' gun, melee bad guys, and drive around vehicles all you want.  Or if you can play it completely differently, its up to you.  That's the beauty of the game.  He's not trying to say the game will be the same as Halo 3.
Teufelhuhn

I'm well aware of the possibilities in Crysis, reason why I'm buying the game when it releases. 

But gameplay wise, it's not going to have the same feel, that's only what I'm saying. 

Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Donkey_Puncher

Um... Both were top down RTS's which were played on an essentially 2D playing field. The 3D engine of TA was for graphical effects, not to allow actual 3D movements. Don't talk unless you have some idea about what you're talking about - TA and Starcraft were VERY comparable, which is why they were constantly compared back in... 96 was it?AfterShafter

98'.

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 AfterShafter

[QUOTE="AfterShafter"] Um... Both were top down RTS's which were played on an essentially 2D playing field. The 3D engine of TA was for graphical effects, not to allow actual 3D movements. Don't talk unless you have some idea about what you're talking about - TA and Starcraft were VERY comparable, which is why they were constantly compared back in... 96 was it?Donkey_Puncher

98'.

Ah, thanks. Get my dates mixed up. DN3D was probably 96... They're pretty much my two favorite games of the period, which is why I get them mixed up.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 baddog121390
[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]It still doesn't change the fact that Crysis will be better.
AfterShafter

Um... Both were top down RTS's which were played on an essentially 2D playing field. The 3D engine of TA was for graphical effects, not to allow actual 3D movements. Don't talk unless you have some idea about what you're talking about - TA and Starcraft were VERY comparable, which is why they were constantly compared back in... 96 was it?

Then I don't see why comparing two RTS games from the mid-to-late-90s is as similar with Crysis and Halo 3. We have physics, lots of gameplay changing physics in this day and age. That's what Crysis offers ofer Halo 3, not just some better special effects.
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Donkey_Puncher
[QUOTE="Donkey_Puncher"]

[QUOTE="AfterShafter"] Um... Both were top down RTS's which were played on an essentially 2D playing field. The 3D engine of TA was for graphical effects, not to allow actual 3D movements. Don't talk unless you have some idea about what you're talking about - TA and Starcraft were VERY comparable, which is why they were constantly compared back in... 96 was it?AfterShafter

98'.

Ah, thanks. Get my dates mixed up. DN3D was probably 96... They're pretty much my two favorite games of the period, which is why I get them mixed up.

98 was the best year in gaming.  Starcraft and Half-Life, only reason why I remember that year. 

Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Donkey_Puncher

Then I don't see why comparing two RTS games from the mid-to-late-90s is as similar with Crysis and Halo 3. We have physics, lots of gameplay changing physics in this day and age. That's what Crysis offers ofer Halo 3, not just some better special effects.baddog121390

How do you not see the comparison?

He's trying to tell you that a game with strikingly better technical merits won't necessarily win because of them.  It's not rocket science. 

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="baddog121390"]It still doesn't change the fact that Crysis will be better.
baddog121390

Then I don't see why comparing two RTS games from the mid-to-late-90s is as similar with Crysis and Halo 3. We have physics, lots of gameplay changing physics in this day and age. That's what Crysis offers ofer Halo 3, not just some better special effects.

Those lists I had for TA and Starcraft showed a HELL of a lot more than better special effects on them. It's a simple point of comparison... Starcraft was THE RTS game of the period because it was freaking fun, even if it was technically outclassed by TA on just about every front. If you can't see why there's potential for a comparison between Halo 3 and Crysis here, chances are you just don't want to see it. My point is, we don't know which game will be better at this point, and no list of features is going to show that. The last two Halo games were popular because people played them and enjoyed playing them even though there were games with a lot of technical factors with them at the time, particularly the second Halo. If you think a list of features and ANYTHING but actual gameplay experience of both is going to show which one is better, you're deluding yourself. Several times on several prestegious past occasions the widely thought to be better game was the one that didn't have the features in its favour.
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Rashpal
Member since 2004 • 3781 Posts
Which one of these will be the best FPS? (I took what I considered to be the most anticipated FPS from each system)

Halo 3

Crysis

Killzone 2

Metroid Prime 3

Newnab
It's like asking: Which is better, cats or dogs?
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 AfterShafter

98 was the best year in gaming.  Starcraft and Half-Life, only reason why I remember that year. 

Donkey_Puncher
Don't forget Tribes. That game freaking rocked too ;)
pcmxms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 pcmxms
[QUOTE="Newnab"]Which one of these will be the best FPS? (I took what I considered to be the most anticipated FPS from each system)

Halo 3

Crysis

Killzone 2

Metroid Prime 3

Rashpal

No... cat and dogs are real. Those games arent out yet.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#231 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
[QUOTE="Newnab"]Which one of these will be the best FPS? (I took what I considered to be the most anticipated FPS from each system)

Halo 3

Crysis

Killzone 2

Metroid Prime 3

Rashpal

I know... it is such a simple question to answer. dogs are better then cats.
pcmxms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 pcmxms
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="Newnab"]Which one of these will be the best FPS? (I took what I considered to be the most anticipated FPS from each system)

Halo 3

Crysis

Killzone 2

Metroid Prime 3

smokeydabear076

Cats FTW
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="Newnab"]Which one of these will be the best FPS? (I took what I considered to be the most anticipated FPS from each system)

Halo 3

Crysis

Killzone 2

Metroid Prime 3

pcmxms

Cats FTW

Dogs FTW.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 baddog121390

[QUOTE="baddog121390"]Then I don't see why comparing two RTS games from the mid-to-late-90s is as similar with Crysis and Halo 3. We have physics, lots of gameplay changing physics in this day and age. That's what Crysis offers ofer Halo 3, not just some better special effects.Donkey_Puncher

How do you not see the comparison?

He's trying to tell you that a game with strikingly better technical merits won't necessarily win because of them. It's not rocket science.

The fact that it's buliding on FarCry is more than enough to tell me which game will be more fun, and enjoyable. Halo has fantastic split-screen. We'll just have to wait and see how great Crysis' Power Struggle mode turns out. On paper it sounds evolutionary, and in some ways revolutionary. I only do this because we're in System Wars - where people compare unreleased games all the time.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Rashpal"]It's like asking: Which is better, cats or dogs?pcmxms

Cats FTW

VS

Go dog!
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 AfterShafter
The fact that it's buliding on FarCry is more than enough to tell me which game will be more fun, and enjoyable. Halo has fantastic split-screen. We'll just have to wait and see how great Crysis' Power Struggle mode turns out. On paper it sounds evolutionary, and in some ways revolutionary. I only do this because we're in System Wars - where people compare unreleased games all the time.
baddog121390
DMC 2 built on DMC 1... Yoshi's Story built on Yoshi's Island. TA: Kingdoms was supposed to build on Total Annihilation. Or, a little closer to home, Halo 2 was supposed to build on Halo 1, but wasn't as good. Sometimes these things don't work out like developers plan. Besides, however clear you seem to be on it, *many* people obviously aren't.
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 dimar19
Member since 2006 • 4608 Posts
Halo 3 WTF
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 smokeydabear076
Halo 3 WTFdimar19
Halo 3 is a FPS are you shocked?
Dm1uciano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Dm1uciano
Member since 2006 • 398 Posts
Winners:

Halo 3 - Console

Crysis - PC
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Rashpal
[QUOTE="Rashpal"][QUOTE="Newnab"]Which one of these will be the best FPS? (I took what I considered to be the most anticipated FPS from each system)

Halo 3

Crysis

Killzone 2

Metroid Prime 3

pcmxms

No... cat and dogs are real. Those games arent out yet.

Which further compounds my point.
Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Rashpal
[QUOTE="pcmxms"][QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Rashpal"]It's like asking: Which is better, cats or dogs?AfterShafter

Cats FTW

VS

Go dog!

:lol: Yeah, cats are lazy *******!!!
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Vandalvideo
Two can play at that game.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
I leave this thread for a few hours and people go nuts.:P A) Cats FTW /debate. B) The best year in gaming will probably be 2007. C) Halo FTW
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 baddog121390
[QUOTE="baddog121390"]The fact that it's buliding on FarCry is more than enough to tell me which game will be more fun, and enjoyable. Halo has fantastic split-screen. We'll just have to wait and see how great Crysis' Power Struggle mode turns out. On paper it sounds evolutionary, and in some ways revolutionary. I only do this because we're in System Wars - where people compare unreleased games all the time.
AfterShafter
DMC 2 built on DMC 1... Yoshi's Story built on Yoshi's Island. TA: Kingdoms was supposed to build on Total Annihilation. Or, a little closer to home, Halo 2 was supposed to build on Halo 1, but wasn't as good. Sometimes these things don't work out like developers plan. Besides, however clear you seem to be on it, *many* people obviously aren't.

Yes, but Crysis is bringing a lot in the game. It's just automatically backed by FarCry. Halo 2 brought nearly nothing. Crysis is bringing entire new gameplay elements - combining 3 entirely different shooter experiences in one.
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts
Halo 3
OceanLeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 OceanLeet
Member since 2007 • 938 Posts
Which one of these will be the best FPS? (I took what I considered to be the most anticipated FPS from each system)

Halo 3

Crysis

Killzone 2

Metroid Prime 3

Newnab

UT3 and the Geeky Twitcher King
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts
[QUOTE="musicalmac"]Crysis shouldn't be up there yet. It's not a proven formula for success. Halo and Metroid are the only two that should be compared right now (because Killzone wasn't exactly a blockbuster). I'm going with Halo because of my interests (Bungie, Marathon, the lore surrounding the series, etc...). But I would love a Wii so I could play Metroid Prime 3. The first two were excellent :)

I love this, the only original shooter on the list and ppl are saying "It hasn't proven itself, blah blah blah..."  Well, I think Crytek proved itself with Far Cry a few years ago, and it's something new which is the most important thing for me in a game these days, so I'll go with Crysis.
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 svetzenlether
[QUOTE="svetzenlether"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]Crysis shouldn't be up there yet. It's not a proven formula for success. Halo and Metroid are the only two that should be compared right now (because Killzone wasn't exactly a blockbuster). I'm going with Halo because of my interests (Bungie, Marathon, the lore surrounding the series, etc...). But I would love a Wii so I could play Metroid Prime 3. The first two were excellent :)

I love this, the only original shooter on the list and ppl are saying "It hasn't proven itself, blah blah blah..." Well, I think Crytek proved itself with Far Cry a few years ago, and it's something new which is the most important thing for me in a game these days, so I'll go with Crysis.

But really, none of those will be able to stand up to the greatness that is Half Life 2, so it's kind of a needless topic.
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 svetzenlether
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]I leave this thread for a few hours and people go nuts.:P
A) Cats FTW /debate.
B) The best year in gaming will probably be 2007.
C) Halo FTW

I will contend with anyone that 1998 was the best year in gaming followed by 2003
Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts
*Waits for someone to say "Half-Life 2: Episode 2.*