First Person Shooters... Who wins?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts
[QUOTE="Newnab"][QUOTE="Hexum-311"]Crysis. None of those other games are even in the same league as far as originality.AlbertE-
No offense... But Crysis doesn't look terribly original to me. At all. It looks like Far Cry with very mild Crackdown-ish powers or Deus Ex: Invisible War powers. I'm not saying that's exactly what it's going to be, but from all we know about the games so far, I don't think it's fair to say Crysis is in a different league in terms of original ideas for FPS.

Yeah, and the Halo series is just full of originality. :roll:

Anyway, Crysis.

I wasn't saying it was, was I? I was saying it's unfair to say that any of them are massively ahead of the others in terms of original ideas.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Newnab"][QUOTE="Hexum-311"]Crysis. None of those other games are even in the same league as far as originality.Newnab
No offense... But Crysis doesn't look terribly original to me. At all. It looks like Far Cry with very mild Crackdown-ish powers or Deus Ex: Invisible War powers. I'm not saying that's exactly what it's going to be, but from all we know about the games so far, I don't think it's fair to say Crysis is in a different league in terms of original ideas for FPS.

Deus Ex Invisible War was horrible. Anyway Crysis is in a different league in terms of ideas when compared to these games because it is a new universe.

It's fair to say that you're most interested in it because it's a new universe, but I personally felt to brand all the other three as way below it in terms of original FPS ideas (Which is how I took the statement, perhaps it's an error of mine) was unjust.

I agree and like I have said before this game is not  the most innovative game, but it is improving upon a lot of gameplay features and it brings features that are in RPG/FPS hybrids such as Deus Ex into the FPS world which is nice. Also let me clear up the Deus Ex Invisible War is horrible thing before anyone talks to me about it. Deus Ex Invisible War is horrible when compared to the original, but as a stand alone game it is fine.
DrOleg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 DrOleg
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts
i think halo 3 is going to be the winner

download the videos from xbl marketplace and see what the developers are doing with this one... it looks AMAZING
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="web966"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"] Its a bad fps, so sheep try to cover it up and say its an adventure game.

9.7, GOTY. Yeah, its a really bad game. :roll:

Its a abd FPS. And yea any half decent game will get a 9.7 on the gamecube :lol:

You've gone from respectable PC gamer to console hater to simply being in denial....
web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="web966"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Newnab"]Perhaps also, someone would care to explain to me... How is a first person game where you shoot stuff not a First Person Shooter? Maybe I've made some terrible error of judgment, but I'd like to have that explained to me...

Its a bad fps, so sheep try to cover it up and say its an adventure game.

Its a abd FPS. And yea any half decent game will get a 9.7 on the gamecube :lol:

It cant be a bad FPS because it isnt a FPS. And GC games get graded the same way any other game does.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Lets just get this straight, also. Metroid Prime is a first person game. You shoot things. It is a first person shooter. It has adventure game elements no doubt, and perhaps is even a hybrid genre of FPS/Adventure. But it IS a first person game, you DO shoot things, and therefore fully classifies as a first person shooter.Newnab

It is a first person game,but it's main goal is not shooting,it's exploring and puzzles.It's a shooter,of course,but it's primarily a FPA.And a hybrid of a FPS and an Adventure game is a FPA.........

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Newnab
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="Newnab"]Lets just get this straight, also. Metroid Prime is a first person game. You shoot things. It is a first person shooter. It has adventure game elements no doubt, and perhaps is even a hybrid genre of FPS/Adventure. But it IS a first person game, you DO shoot things, and therefore fully classifies as a first person shooter.

You know, by the standard you just gave, Oblivion and Morrowind are FPS's. Why not throw Oblivion into the mix? It's really good too :p

I didn't know Oblivion had guns. Though I could've missed them.
AlbertE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AlbertE-
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"] How is it not a proven formula for success? Far Cry wast good? Unlike Bungie, Crytek has shown us gameplay, Crytek has shown us they can do stuff with technology and gameplay, something bungie has yet to do. And MP was boring as hell, for a shooter.

Did you use the Halo disks as coasters or something? They actually do play a very fun FPSs when you stick them in your XBOX...

So youll be fine if Halo3 is the smae as Halo1 and 2?

You have yet to make any sort of worth-while point.
[QUOTE="Newnab"][QUOTE="Hexum-311"]Crysis. None of those other games are even in the same league as far as originality.AlbertE-

Anyway, Crysis.

And does Originality = AAA? Execution is what really matters. Gears of War isn't the most original game, but the mechanics made it enjoyable to the last drop. Halo has proven mechanics, and a huge storyline (...huge). We haven't seen either of those from Crysis, because it's not been released to prove itself yet.

I never said anything about Originality automatically making a game good, don't put words in my mouth.  I was simply implying the irony in what this guy said.  Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, yet he bashes Crysis, it was completely hypocritical.

Far Cry was a great game, and Crysis improves and adds upon literally everything, therefore it has the same proven mechanics that the Halo series has.
mis3ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 mis3ry
Member since 2004 • 5664 Posts
Metroid Prime 3 isn't an FPS.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts

I didn't know Oblivion had guns. Though I could've missed them.Newnab
Guns and spells. I didn't realize that games like Hexen weren't FPS's because they didn't have firearms in them :p  So is another criteria for FPS's that you don't just have to shoot, but you have to shoot guns?  Do you say "MY GOD THIS DOESN'T BELONG IN AN FPS" every time you use the bow in Turok or Gears (though, that's third person).  How about using a melee weapon - I mean, it's not shooting - a gun - so it must have no place in an FPS, right?  How about the Wheel of Time FPS?

Yes, you shoot plenty of things in Oblivion.  Therefore, by the standards you gave for Metroid Prime, it is an FPS.

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
[QUOTE="web966"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="web966"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Newnab"]Perhaps also, someone would care to explain to me... How is a first person game where you shoot stuff not a First Person Shooter? Maybe I've made some terrible error of judgment, but I'd like to have that explained to me...

It cant be a bad FPS because it isnt a FPS. And GC games get graded the same way any other game does.

How is it not a fps. You go around, you shoot things. In first person...
AlbertE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 AlbertE-
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
[QUOTE="AlbertE-"][QUOTE="Newnab"][QUOTE="Hexum-311"]Crysis. None of those other games are even in the same league as far as originality.Newnab

Anyway, Crysis.

I wasn't saying it was, was I? I was saying it's unfair to say that any of them are massively ahead of the others in terms of original ideas.

Oh, my bad, I misinterpreted.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="web966"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"] Its a bad fps, so sheep try to cover it up and say its an adventure game.

You've gone from respectable PC gamer to console hater to simply being in denial....

Atleast I want change in my games and isnt fine with companies who release the same games over and over again.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#64 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
Halo 3 or Crysis, too soon to call, I will be getting them all though except KZ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5967f36c08c33

How is it not a fps. You go around, you shoot things. In first person... coolguy1111

But it's main goal is not shooting.It's exploring and puzzles.

web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#66 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="web966"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="web966"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Newnab"]Perhaps also, someone would care to explain to me... How is a first person game where you shoot stuff not a First Person Shooter? Maybe I've made some terrible error of judgment, but I'd like to have that explained to me...

The main focus is not shooting, its exploration. Most of the game you are figuring out puzzles and platforming, not shooting.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="web966"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="web966"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="web966"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Newnab"]Perhaps also, someone would care to explain to me... How is a first person game where you shoot stuff not a First Person Shooter? Maybe I've made some terrible error of judgment, but I'd like to have that explained to me...

The main focus is not shooting, its exploration. Most of the game you are figuring out puzzles and platforming, not shooting.

Same could be said with half life 1. Its a shooter. Unless you can beat the game without fighting then its a shooter.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Spartan070
Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, AlbertE-
Come again? Use grenades without changing weapons, use melee without changing weapons, limited arsenal(only two weapons), first FPS to have vehicles play a huge part of the SP part of the game, just for starters...
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#69 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I never said anything about Originality automatically making a game good, don't put words in my mouth.  I was simply implying the irony in what this guy said.  Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, yet he bashes Crysis, it was completely hypocritical.

Far Cry was a great game, and Crysis improves and adds upon literally everything, therefore it has the same proven mechanics that the Halo series has.
AlbertE-
Alright, fair enough. However, I'm going to disagree with your point that the mechanics in Crysis are proven. Farcry was a great game, and I enjoyed playing all the way through it. However, the mechanics in Farcry are so different from those seen in previews of Crysis, I don't believe we can put them on the same level. Adding special abilities and different AI, and all those things can make quite a difference.
Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Newnab
If it bothers you guys THAT much to have a game you're looking forward to classified by basically what you do, then whatever. I'll allow people to submit to the thread a DIFFERENT FPS for the Wii for us to compare and gauge the hype for.
ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 ssbfalco
Member since 2005 • 1970 Posts
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]1) Metorid Prime 3: Corruption is NOT a FPS.
2) PC has always been the king of FPS...
smokeydabear076
We aren't comparing the PC FPS library with the console FPS library, we're comparing 4 games. If you mean Crysis, just say so.

We are comparing first person shooters and a lot of people here say that MP is not a FPS.

And that's because it isn't... It's an adventure game where Samus just happens to have a programmable modular cannon for an arm... Although MP3 will have free range motion with optional lock on it still isn't going to be a FPS by any standards... Besides, the greatest fun in Metroid Prime game is messing with the Morph Ball and scanning stuff... Geez, the detail in that game... Can't wait for the return of the X Ray visor... As far as best FPS this year... Duke Nukem Forever... It will come out this year... I guarantee it ;)
ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ssbfalco
If it bothers you guys THAT much to have a game you're looking forward to classified by basically what you do, then whatever. I'll allow people to submit to the thread a DIFFERENT FPS for the Wii for us to compare and gauge the hype for. Newnab
By that logic, GTA is a driving game...

I'll add to the submission MOH Vanguard, which will just be another MOH game... Pretty good, but never the greatest...
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="AlbertE-"] Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, Spartan070
Come again? Use grenades without changing weapons, use melee without changing weapons, limited arsenal(only two weapons), first FPS to have vehicles play a huge part of the SP part of the game, just for starters...

That is far from true and you also missed the biggest improvement in Halo 2, dual wielding.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Why don't people understand that Metroid Prime is NOT a FPS?Who else find it annoying when people say Metroid Prime is a FPS?
ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ssbfalco
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="AlbertE-"] Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, smokeydabear076

That is far from true and you also missed the biggest improvement in Halo 2, dual wielding.

Dual Wielding was first done in an old FPS game by Bungie... Marathon... (or was it Marathon 2?)
Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#76 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts

the armor regen system which is used in pretty much every FPS todays (CoD2-3 , GeoW...)
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 coolguy1111

No, You could bash in DoD, and in Battleground, both HL1 modes that came out before Halo, No nade swaping is unrealistic and is only put in console games to make it easier to do, as with the vehicles, there was PC games that used them, tribes is one. And yes, the limited weapon thing is an innovation, I think. Unless the original MoH had that, cant remember..
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]1) Metorid Prime 3: Corruption is NOT a FPS.
smokeydabear076
We aren't comparing the PC FPS library with the console FPS library, we're comparing 4 games. If you mean Crysis, just say so.

We are comparing first person shooters and a lot of people here say that MP is not a FPS.

I was referring to #2...
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="AlbertE-"] Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, ssbfalco

Dual Wielding was first done in an old FPS game by Bungie... Marathon... (or was it Marathon 2?)

Wow, great memory. That would be Marathon, I believe. (it's been so long since I played the original! It's fun modding Marathon 2: Durandal and Marathon: Infinity !)
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="AlbertE-"] Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, ssbfalco

Darn I guess there is not as much improvements as I thought there were.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="AlbertE-"] Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, smokeydabear076

Marathon had dual-wielding...
Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Newnab
Just to re-iterate. If you're so uptight that you can't bear to have people on the internet thinking a first person game where you shoot things is a FPS, then you can submit to the thread a game FOR THE NINTENDO WII which you feel is the most anticipated or looking like the best for us to compare to the other three on the list. I'm not opening the floor to everyone bringing in all sorts of random FPS's for all systems.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#83 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Metroid Prime 3 isn't an FPS.mis3ry
It's played in first person, and you're shooting stuff 99% of the time. Explain how it's not an FPS>
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]1) Metorid Prime 3: Corruption is NOT a FPS.
Spartan070

I was referring to #2...

Oh I am sorry, I thought you where the one that highlighted Not. I guess it was the original poster.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 musicalmac  Moderator
The dual wielding in Halo is different, because different tyes of weapons can be used simultaneously for a strategic advantage. In Marathon, you could only dual wield the same weaopn. It's a strategic innovation. Honestly, Bungie rules.
Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#86 Skippyj9
Member since 2004 • 2825 Posts
I don't think Halo 3 is going to score higher than a 9.0

The single player has always been boring and so far nothing is going to change that. Sure the multiplayer will be great as always... but besides a minor graphical upgrade, Halo 3 isn't going to be any better than Halo 2 so far.
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="AlbertE-"] Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, Spartan070

Marathon had dual-wielding...

Yeah my mistake.:wink:
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="AlbertE-"] Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, Prid3r

the armor regen system which is used in pretty much every FPS todays (CoD2-3 , GeoW...)

Every console fps. Again most Halos innovations are console innovations. Noone is saying halo wasnt an innovative CONSOLE game. One button nades and regen are console innovations. Regen and one button nades are unrealistic, why would any realistic game use it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5967f36c08c33

[QUOTE="mis3ry"]Metroid Prime 3 isn't an FPS.OhhSnap50893
It's played in first person, and you're shooting stuff 99% of the time. Explain how it's not an FPS>

It's main goal isn't shooting.You explore,scan,platform,solve puzzles.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="musicalmac"]The dual wielding in Halo is different, because different tyes of weapons can be used simultaneously for a strategic advantage. In Marathon, you could only dual wield the same weaopn. It's a strategic innovation. Honestly, Bungie rules.

That is what I was thinking of when I mentioned it.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 musicalmac  Moderator
I don't think Halo 3 is going to score higher than a 9.0

The single player has always been boring and so far nothing is going to change that. Sure the multiplayer will be great as always... but besides a minor graphical upgrade, Halo 3 isn't going to be any better than Halo 2 so far.
Skippyj9
I read the weekly updates at Bungie.net, and I have to disagree. It looks quite impressive, actually.
ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ssbfalco
[QUOTE="mis3ry"]Metroid Prime 3 isn't an FPS.OhhSnap50893

Actually, you spend only about 50% of the time shooting stuff... Have you actually played the game? And that was one of the biggest complaints with Metroid Prime... (at least for those who disliked it) You spent so much time walking, jumping, spiderman swinging, rolling around, scanning, and looking around compared to shooting stuff and doors... And 50% of the time you were shooting, you were shooting to open doors...
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 AfterShafter
Just to re-iterate. If you're so uptight that you can't bear to have people on the internet thinking a first person game where you shoot things is a FPS, then you can submit to the thread a game FOR THE NINTENDO WII which you feel is the most anticipated or looking like the best for us to compare to the other three on the list. I'm not opening the floor to everyone bringing in all sorts of random FPS's for all systems.Newnab
Yeah, I noticed you completely ignored my post and went forward with this... Why not just leave the Wii off until you have an actual FPS, rather than a game that has FPS like elements? I mean, Nintendo has even outright stated that it's not an FPS... It's all good and fine for you to lump Metroid Prime with FPS's, other than that it isn't one.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="Prid3r"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="AlbertE-"] Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, coolguy1111

Every console fps. Again most Halos innovations are console innovations. Noone is saying halo wasnt an innovative CONSOLE game. One button nades and regen are console innovations. Regen and one button nades are unrealistic, why would any realistic game use it?

You don't like one-button naes, or regen?... You don't like Call of Duty 2, then?

Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Perception1
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts
I win.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 coolguy1111

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Prid3r"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="AlbertE-"] Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, musicalmac

You don't like one-button naes, or regen?... You don't like Call of Duty 2, then?

No, actually i hated CoD2, I thought it took everything good out of CoD1, and replaced it with dummbed down stuff like less recoil with guns, Regen, one button nades, all of that is unrealistic and takes you out of the game.
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="AlbertE-"] Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, Spartan070

No, You could bash in DoD, and in Battleground, both HL1 modes that came out before Halo, No nade swaping is unrealistic and is only put in console games to make it easier to do, as with the vehicles, there was PC games that used them, tribes is one. And yes, the limited weapon thing is an innovation, I think. Unless the original MoH had that, cant remember..

Since you can't remember no it didn't. Also Tribeshad extensive vehicle use for multiplayer but not as much for SP. Also, doesn't my copy of COD2 for....PC....have grenades that you use without switching to them? Your reasoning on that is laughable, they did it because it helps with strategy. PC games now do it.-_-

Actually Far Cry let you do that and I am sure that there was a game before it. It is  more of a standard now though, I remember seeing it in Serious Sam 2.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="AlbertE-"] Halo OR the second did absolutely nothing new, coolguy1111

"No nade swapping is unrealistic and is only put in console games to make it easier to do"... You didn't have to switch weapons to throw grenades in Tribes. Let me see... Was that a console game? Oh, no, it was a kick ass game, for the PC... I wonder why the devs didn't have you switch to grenades in one of the most classic PC FPS's out there if it's just a crutch relied upon by console devs?
Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Newnab
[QUOTE="Newnab"]Just to re-iterate. If you're so uptight that you can't bear to have people on the internet thinking a first person game where you shoot things is a FPS, then you can submit to the thread a game FOR THE NINTENDO WII which you feel is the most anticipated or looking like the best for us to compare to the other three on the list. I'm not opening the floor to everyone bringing in all sorts of random FPS's for all systems.AfterShafter
Yeah, I noticed you completely ignored my post and went forward with this... Why not just leave the Wii off until you have an actual FPS, rather than a game that has FPS like elements? I mean, Nintendo has even outright stated that it's not an FPS... It's all good and fine for you to lump Metroid Prime with FPS's, other than that it isn't one.

If I left the Wii off the list completely, you could bet your last dollar that Wii fans would jump all over my back for making a biased poll and not including them. It's a lose lose situation for me, and I don't even really care whether people think it's a FPS or not when it seems to clearly fulfill the requirements for one, so I'm giving people the option. If you don't like it, you can always just go read some other thread, or make your own where everything you believe has to be believed by everyone else no matter how silly.