First flop of the year?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time doesn't mess with the foundation set by its enjoyable predecessors.

Graceful controls and well-designed levels make Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time another satisfying entry in the series.

There are occasional stumbles, but Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is another good entry in the platforming series.

Sounds like what the fans wanted

KBFloYd

lol every review even ones that get below 7 are like that...reviewers have to be proffessional...

look at the score... it doesn't match your comment.

Numbers are open to your interpretation, that's the point of them.

The reviews are written before they are assigned a number. GS editors have posted before on this board in regards to this very subject. McShea himself was not the one to decide the number, it was assigned that by those who read his review. To the GS community his review "sounds" like a 7.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#252 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Sad it got the score it did but I love Sly so I will get it eventually.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#253 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

lol every review even ones that get below 7 are like that...reviewers have to be proffessional...

look at the score... it doesn't match your comment.

KBFloYd

I looked at it, and it says "good" right under it. :?

yea that mean it's ok...

sly fanboys thought it was going to be "great"...didn't you?

WTF ... LMAO! I'm sure Good means Good. Personally I didn't have any expectations, I haven't followed the game at all since it's announcement but after reading the review it made me interested enough to wanna play it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#254 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

WTF ... LMAO! I'm sure Good means Good. Personally I didn't have any expectations, I haven't followed the game at all since it's announcement but after reading the review it made me interested enough to wanna play it.

W1NGMAN-

good is a very mediocre in it's essence....it gets thrown around all the time to describe things that are ok or decent.

you never played a sly game before? is the ps3 your 1st sony console? or did you just buy it for the kids :P

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 KBFloYd

The reviews are written before they are assigned a number. GS editors have posted before on this board in regards to this very subject. McShea himself was not the one to decide the number, it was assigned that by those who read his review. To the GS community his review "sounds" like a 7.

whiskeystrike

metacritic says 7 too... i'ts like that all over the world.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

KBFloYd

I'm aware of that. You're interpreting 7 in a different way than I am, that's all there really is to say. Not to mention if you had actually read the review you would have realized long ago that the basis of your argument was terribly flawed.
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

I thought we didn't care about scores for multiplats?

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

this thread

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

KBFloYd

good is a very mediocre in it's essence....it gets thrown around all the time to describe things that are ok or decent.

you never played a sly game before? is the ps3 your 1st sony console? or did you just buy it for the kids :P

Exactly up to ones interpretation to most people Good means good, I don't know why you think for some reason good means mediocre, it doesn't.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

whiskeystrike

I'm aware of that. You're interpreting 7 in a different way than I am, that's all there really is to say. Not to mention if you had actually read the review you would have realized long ago that the basis of your argument was terribly flawed.

so to you a 7 means the game did what the developers expected and there no problem?

ok.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

layton2012

Exactly up to ones interpretation to most people Good means good, I don't know why you think for some reason good means mediocre, it doesn't.

so you see no problem with sly 4 getting 7's everywhere?

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

KBFloYd

so to you a 7 means the game did what the developers expected and there no problem?

ok.

No a 7 is not a representation of what we can expect from sales so I can't speak for the developers. Going by general fan reaction though I'd say Sly delivered what they wanted.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#263 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
7.5 means good.. thats not a flop.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 layton2012

[QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

KBFloYd

Doesn't change the fact that it is good. Which it is, it is good, may not be great but it is good.
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

You can always depend on Sony to deliver the first flop of the yearRR360DD

You can also depend ont hem to deliver the fist AAA of the year: (Ni no Kuni) .  You can count on them to deliver more games period as a matter a fact. 

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"] I'm aware of that. You're interpreting 7 in a different way than I am, that's all there really is to say. Not to mention if you had actually read the review you would have realized long ago that the basis of your argument was terribly flawed. whiskeystrike

ok.

No a 7 is not a representation of what we can expect from sales so I can't speak for the developers. Going by general fan reaction though I'd say Sly delivered what they wanted.

sales? sales are going to be even worse than the score..

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 KBFloYd

7.5 means good.. thats not a flop.Rattlesnake_8

ok.

let's all celebrate the 7.5...i'll get the cake... you bring the punch.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="layton2012"] Exactly up to ones interpretation to most people Good means good, I don't know why you think for some reason good means mediocre, it doesn't.layton2012

Doesn't change the fact that it is good. Which it is, it is good, may not be great but it is good.

again with the good.... so you think there is no dissapointment from anyone in that score? if you say no...then i'll shetup.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 layton2012

[QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

KBFloYd

again with the good.... so you think there is no dissapointment from anyone in that score? if you say no...then i'll shetup.

What is there to be disappointed about. It is other people's opinion, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I have played this game for myself to have my own opinion. I for one like the game, is it the best game this gen, no, but it feels like Sly, which is all I could ask for. Frankly you are the only one that isn't, since you haven't played the game, you don't know if it is good or not, your just taking reviewers opinion, who the majority have the said the game is good.
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#270 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
Didn't the review said it was a solid game and really fun to play? Since when is that considered bad? I swear people determine what games to buy based on if it gets a 9 or higher. Sad day for developers since many amazing games score a little less than that.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

KBFloYd

ok.

How are any of us suppose to know that? Sony priced it at 39.99, maybe a 75% score is exactly what they expected to average based off of their pricing, budget, amount of development time, and the team they selected to work on the game?

We just don't know.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#272 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts
Sly Cooper wasn't really hyped though outside the usual cow list filler.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 whiskeystrike

ok.

KBFloYd

sales? sales are going to be even worse than the score..

I'm sure they will sell more than 7 copies

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] No I do. THere has to be a poll? Where are the rules where it has to be a poll? Can you show me those? AND alas, people did hype it in your thread. It's not validated proof that it %100 HAS to be a poll.

Sorry Chum.

Also who said anything about the 360. It's doing terrible right now.

Animal-Mother

If theres no poll theres no track of offcial hype. Thus no hype to meet or flop. Learn the rules of teh game. Also if I recall it wasint titel offical hype thread like the majority of hype threads are.

And if people start guessing scores that doesn't count?

if the thread is not an offical hype thread no. Going by what your saying if anyone says oh its a AA game in any thread about a game its an auto hype thread. It dont work like that.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#275 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

If theres no poll theres no track of offcial hype. Thus no hype to meet or flop. Learn the rules of teh game. Also if I recall it wasint titel offical hype thread like the majority of hype threads are.

finalfantasy94

And if people start guessing scores that doesn't count?

if the thread is not an offical hype thread with lacking a poll no it doesint. Going by what your saying if anyone says oh its a AA game in any thread about a game its an auto hype thread. It dont work like that.

Some TCs in hype threads have decided to omit polls altogether because they're deceptive in how they can be manipulated.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] And if people start guessing scores that doesn't count?Stevo_the_gamer

if the thread is not an offical hype thread with lacking a poll no it doesint. Going by what your saying if anyone says oh its a AA game in any thread about a game its an auto hype thread. It dont work like that.

Some TCs in hype threads have decided to omit polls altogether because they're deceptive in how they can be manipulated.

this can be the case sometimes yes though some of this manipulations are pretty obvious:P. Also the sly thread wasint label as a hype thread. It was just about hey look sly is coming out. Everytime I see a hype thread its always label "insert game" offical hype thread and then some catchphrase.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]7.5 means good.. thats not a flop.KBFloYd

ok.

let's all celebrate the 7.5...i'll get the cake... you bring the punch.

The cake... is a lie.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

The game is the 2nd Coming ? Once again spurting out random crap as always, I think the game is average with Sly Fans being happy for it. Never have I hyped it being anything more then a Decent Sly game and it is a Decent sly game nothing more. Sly Series has always been around the 80% So I don't see a problem. Your just giving out SW dribble being called out for saying a statement like *Sony Closing Studios* Ok ? has nothing to do with this topic since they don't own Sanzaru Games.

KBFloYd

what exactly are we arguing here? make that clear first and i will give you better answers.

You're trying to exaggerate the hype for this game & make the flop more appearance in order to satisfy your own sick fanboy fetish.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 rjdofu

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

this can be the case sometimes yes though some of this manipulations are pretty obvious:P. Also the sly thread wasint label as a hype thread. It was just about hey look sly is coming out. Everytime I see a hype thread its always label "insert game" offical hype thread and then some catchphrase.

The game doesn't have that much attention, so manipulation might not happen in this case. The last of us or GOW on the other hand...
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44658 Posts
was it a flop, was there even any hype?
Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

If this game got an 8 or 8.5 cows would be bragging.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 layton2012
was it a flop, was there even any hype?lamprey263
Not a flop, there wasn't a hype thread. There was a thread, but it was not a hype thread.
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#283 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

ninjapirate2000
Possibly, but that's nothing new, nothing particular to cows, and doesn't indicate hype level.
Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts
[QUOTE="ninjapirate2000"]

DerekLoffin
Possibly, but that's nothing new, nothing particular to cows, and doesn't indicate hype level.

True
Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

74 metacritic... and sold 10 units. 

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
I've never played a Sly Cooper game. It never looked that interesting to me. :?
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Well i still think it got a 'good' score, and its not like fans were expecting the game to score 9+ 

However its still nice to get games even if they dont score 10/10 :) 

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#288 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

7.5 is good enough for me.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

I've never played a Sly Cooper game. It never looked that interesting to me. :?mems_1224

Yeah they were never *amazing*, enjoyed them when I was a Kid, I wouldn't enjoy them as much If I played them today. Getting Sly4 but rather out of Nostalgia then anything else, still not bad seems like it was made *for fans* but I can see why no one else would really care.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] No I do. THere has to be a poll? Where are the rules where it has to be a poll? Can you show me those? AND alas, people did hype it in your thread. It's not validated proof that it %100 HAS to be a poll.

Sorry Chum.

Also who said anything about the 360. It's doing terrible right now.

RR360DD

There has to be a poll, yes. It means people can't just make stuff up based on skimming the predictions, people can't go back and change, and much more. Its just common sense.

Desperate dumb***

LOL not true. The best way to do it is have the TC tally up the votes in the original post. Polls are just waiting to be abused by fanboys, and people still vote even after the game has released.

so whst was the hype for this game? is there an accurate number we can go off of?
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
Cows always hype the worst games.
Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
Damn, son. Userbase thinks it's good, though. Might pick it up soon.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 jessejay420
[QUOTE="lamprey263"]was it a flop, was there even any hype?layton2012
Not a flop, there wasn't a hype thread. There was a thread, but it was not a hype thread.

So its Confirmed that it wasnt hyped and it didnt Flop.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 jessejay420
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

:o:o:o

Easyle
http://www.amazon.com/Ninokuni-Shikkoku-Madoushi-Import-Nintendo-DS/dp/B001GNBW8E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360170371&sr=8-1&keywords=Ni+No+Kuni+DS

They are completely different games genius.

Pwned
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 rjdofu
Cows always hype the worst games.Miketheman83
Can't take your comment serious with that avatar.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#296 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
IGN gave it a 8.0, doesn't seem to be a bad game
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 layton2012
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] There has to be a poll, yes. It means people can't just make stuff up based on skimming the predictions, people can't go back and change, and much more. Its just common sense.

Desperate dumb***

jessejay420

LOL not true. The best way to do it is have the TC tally up the votes in the original post. Polls are just waiting to be abused by fanboys, and people still vote even after the game has released.

so whst was the hype for this game? is there an accurate number we can go off of?

I'd say it was hyped A-AA, but it's hard to say most people were saying stuff like it will score 7.5-8.5.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
AM I'm impressed at how easy this was ;)