First flop of the year?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#101 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

I dont recall anyone expecting AAA on this one.  Ratchet, Jak, and Sly never get Mario kind of hype.  They mostly fall in the 7.5-8.5 range as far as scores.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

hmmm sig needs updated, flop or not, at least it's a game!blue_hazy_basic

haha exactly.  As usual, here we are with 360 fans ripping everyone else's games while their shelf sits empty waiting on the inevitable fall release of Halo, Forza, or Gears of War.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
watched GT's review and during the whole time was telling myself that even if someone forced me or payed me 20$ to play for an hour i couldn't do it. Game looks so boring its not even funny.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Hum, its not the same game

is Shikkoku Madoushi "wrath of the white witch" in japanese? I dont think so...

sorry buddy, its exclusive, plays diferently

deal with it

Animal-Mother
Yeah I :lol:ed at him not knowing what the word "exclusive" means as well. That's like saying Halo 4 isn't exclusive because PC has Halo 1.

Exclusive means on one system. Also your comparison is quite stupid. Halo 4 is exclusive because it's on one system. :D

So is Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. You can't really be this stupid, can you?
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] Yeah I :lol:ed at him not knowing what the word "exclusive" means as well. That's like saying Halo 4 isn't exclusive because PC has Halo 1.

Exclusive means on one system. Also your comparison is quite stupid. Halo 4 is exclusive because it's on one system. :D

So is Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. You can't really be this stupid, can you?

But than why is ni no kuni on two systems?
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
Has to be hype in order to flop, an most people from my memory where guessing 7.5 anyway. I for one am loving it so far, But the load times are a pain.
Blutenmonat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Blutenmonat
Member since 2013 • 70 Posts

But than why is ni no kuni on two systems?Animal-Mother
Wasn't this settle years ago with MLB the show?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]But than why is ni no kuni on two systems?Blutenmonat

Wasn't this settle years ago with MLB the show?

It was. And they're not two different games :P
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Exclusive means on one system. Also your comparison is quite stupid. Halo 4 is exclusive because it's on one system. :D

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is exclusive to PS3. Ni No Kuni: The Jet-Black Mage is exclusive to DS. Plain and simple.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Exclusive means on one system. Also your comparison is quite stupid. Halo 4 is exclusive because it's on one system. :D

Then why is Halo on two system? Are you starting to see how stupid you look, or are you too stupid to see how stupid you look? Again, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is only on the PS3, which makes it exclusive. Invest in a dictionary son because you are ignorant.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] So is Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. You can't really be this stupid, can you?

Then why is Halo on two system? Are you starting to see how stupid you look, or are you too stupid to see how stupid you look? Again, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is only on the PS3, which makes it exclusive. Invest in a dictionary son because you are ignorant.

You should go check your inbox sir. I DENY THESE ALLEGATIONS.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] So is Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. You can't really be this stupid, can you?

Dictionary. SW terms are in the dictionary?
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Nope it got decent ratings everywhere else mostly. First Flop is Dead Space 3 now that game had more expectations then Sly Cooper. Sly did a good job of stiuck to its roots with better graphics and funner gameplay, thats a ll I wanted from sly.

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#115 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts
[QUOTE="rockydog1111"]

Honestly what I was expecting. I don't remember there being hyped though. I could be wrong though, I tend to miss threads because I can't get on here everyday. 

I may check it out at some point.

Animal-Mother
It does look solid. It'll give me something to play on the vita.

Vita would probably be where I play it too.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] well crap on a cracker ...blue_hazy_basic
NNK is exclusive, we've been over this millions of times.

NNK is, I was talking about Sly Cooper ....

Ooohhhhh, my apologies.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#117 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Is there a link for the thread where this game got hyped? Because otherwise this thread is (even more) pointless and dumb.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Sony released a "good" game, how dare they :evil:

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#119 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Damage control up in here!

If the game was AA people would go "Not Bad, Good Score, Good Game."

If the game was AAA people would go "OMG! BEST SLY COOPER EVER! OVERRATED! MEGATONS!!!!"

7.5 seems right, even though we have people saying "It wasn't hyped, can't flop." and "OH IT FLOPPED! HAHAHA!"

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
hmmm sig needs updated, flop or not, at least it's a game!blue_hazy_basic
Not exclusive or high scoring though
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Animal-mother going HAM up in here!

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] WHAT? You said it absolutely has to have a POLL. YOU MADE THE CLAIM. NOT ME.

:lol: Someones butthurt, Resorting to calling me a dumbass and now a hypocritical Fanboy. ALSO PEOPLE ARE GIVING IT SCORE GUESSES IN THE THREAD.
JESUS are you dense.

Want proof?

Hellserge XBL

JohnnyDangerous PSN

Animal-Mother Steam
MANNNNNNNNNNNN I love gaming so much, I'm such a fanboy. Let me go back to my fanboy head :lol: 

Animal-Mother

:lol: Holy ****, you're not very smart are you? Polling is reliable to the greatest extent we have. Reliable enough to actually be used (as we do). You're claiming that the method skimming a thread and guessing at an opinion is also reliable enough. ****ing prove it you moron :lol: And butthurt? I've honestly never heard that from someone who wasn't some fanboy. And don't worry. having accounts means absolutely nothing when they are free to make. I even have a Live account for the sole purpose of playing games stupid enough to use games for WIndows Live, lol. I don't even own any Xbox, just gaming PC, PS3, DS, and Wii. Though youre obviously not intelligent enough to realize that isn't close to proof of anything anywhere, any time.

Still resorting to name calling.
And you still can't prove that we 100% use polls that it's absolutely in stone.

OHhhhhhh I'm such a fanboy

:lol:
Free to make, you're about to get pwned sir.

I own 270 games on steam

photo IMG_0058_zpsd9873e23.jpg

That's my PS3 collection

I own about sixty 360 games.

You should go check before assuming because you're only making an ass out of yourself.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bigcrash5

Brilliant. So much effort for me still not caring. Just brilliant. Now, prove your claim or no, fanboy?
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]hmmm sig needs updated, flop or not, at least it's a game!themajormayor
Not exclusive or high scoring though

which is why its been removed ...
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#124 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
Sly Cooper 4 didn't flop cause there were no hype thread for it
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] But than why is ni no kuni on two systems?

You should go check your inbox sir. I DENY THESE ALLEGATIONS.

;)
GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

No hype = No flop.

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

Sly Cooper Theives in Time 7.5

OUCH

Animal-Mother

7.5 is bad?.......also I did'nt see much hype for this game here dude.It seems your trying to make something out of nothing here if you ask me.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
I think it sad that nowadays a 7.5 is considered bad if I only played AAA games I would not be gaming that much. It is a worthy successor to the PS2 classics, and I'm loving it so far, though on the Vita, the visuals take a hit.
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#129 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
I think it sad that nowadays a 7.5 is considered bad if I only played AAA games I would not be gaming that much. It is a worthy successor to the PS2 classics, and I'm loving it so far, though on the Vita, the visuals take a hit.layton2012
I agree and still think 7.5 is good score for a game
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Sly Cooper Theives in Time 7.5

OUCH

OneInchMan99

7.5 is bad?.......also I did'nt see much hype for this game here dude.It seems your trying to make something out of nothing here if you ask me.

Where did I say was a bad score
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] :lol: Holy ****, you're not very smart are you? Polling is reliable to the greatest extent we have. Reliable enough to actually be used (as we do). You're claiming that the method skimming a thread and guessing at an opinion is also reliable enough. ****ing prove it you moron :lol: And butthurt? I've honestly never heard that from someone who wasn't some fanboy. And don't worry. having accounts means absolutely nothing when they are free to make. I even have a Live account for the sole purpose of playing games stupid enough to use games for WIndows Live, lol. I don't even own any Xbox, just gaming PC, PS3, DS, and Wii. Though youre obviously not intelligent enough to realize that isn't close to proof of anything anywhere, any time.lx_theo

I own 270 games on steam

That's my PS3 collection

You should go check before assuming because you're only making an ass out of yourself.

Brilliant. So much effort for me still not caring. Just brilliant. Now, prove your claim or no, fanboy?

And you're still not proving your point You fail on a whole different level. i haven't made any claims you're the one that says that it needs to be a poll
Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts
[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] WRONG. Ni No Kuni Is not an exclusive.Animal-Mother

:o:o:o

http://www.amazon.com/Ninokuni-Shikkoku-Madoushi-Import-Nintendo-DS/dp/B001GNBW8E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360170371&sr=8-1&keywords=Ni+No+Kuni+DS

They are completely different games genius.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 lx_theo
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

I own 270 games on steam

That's my PS3 collection

Animal-Mother

And you're still not proving your point You fail on a whole different level. i haven't made any claims you're the one that says that it needs to be a poll

My point is and will still be that the only accepted form of judging hype is polling, despite its flaws. This is because its the only thing the community uses. Prove otherwise with your before made claims of skimming a thread and guessing being just as valid.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#134 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

My point is and will still be that the only accepted form of judging hype is polling, despite its flaws. This is because its the only thing the community uses. Prove otherwise with your before made claims of skimming a thread and guessing being just as valid. lx_theo

There´s precedent of games having a hype thread without a poll to measure the hype,like this one.

In fact,this one was a desperate move made specifically to avoid the game flopping at all costs by removing the poll,since it had happened a few times that year already and the cow´s excuse was that the poll´s were "rigged" so they were ditching it and counting the votes by individual posts that time.

So as you can see,a poll is not the only way to judge hype around here.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 lx_theo

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] My point is and will still be that the only accepted form of judging hype is polling, despite its flaws. This is because its the only thing the community uses. Prove otherwise with your before made claims of skimming a thread and guessing being just as valid. Arach666

There´s precedent of games having a hype thread without a poll to measure the hype,like this one.

In fact,this one was a desperate move made specifically to avoid the game flopping at all costs by removing the poll,since it had happened a few times that year already and the cow´s excuse was that the poll´s were "rigged" so they were ditching it and counting the votes by individual posts that time.

So the precedent is a pre announced one (so people know they would need to do that and that hype was actually being counted) where people were put onto lists as it went along? When people put in the effort, it basically the same as a poll. So no objections from me. Shame people can't put in that effort more often.

But how exactly does that apply to this guy's assertion that skimming a thread where no attempt to record hype (and so only a limited apart of community would have voiced their opinion on such. Mainly the excited ones) and then guessing which is most prominent?

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Was the game even hype to begin with?

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#137 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] My point is and will still be that the only accepted form of judging hype is polling, despite its flaws. This is because its the only thing the community uses. Prove otherwise with your before made claims of skimming a thread and guessing being just as valid. lx_theo

So the precedent is a pre announced one (so people know they would need to do that and that hype was actually being counted) where people were put onto lists as it went along? When people put in the effort, it basically the same as a poll. So no objections from me. Shame people can't put in that effort more often.

But how exactly does that apply to this guy's assertion that skimming a thread where no attempt to record hype (and so only a limited apart of community would have voiced their opinion on such. Mainly the excited ones) and then guessing which is most prominent?

I´m not saying who´s right and who´s wrong,just that hype was already measured before without a traditional poll,regardless of the way it was done specifically.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] Brilliant. So much effort for me still not caring. Just brilliant. Now, prove your claim or no, fanboy?

My point is and will still be that the only accepted form of judging hype is polling, despite its flaws. This is because its the only thing the community uses. Prove otherwise with your before made claims of skimming a thread and guessing being just as valid.

People of been saying that in this thread what I've said and also you still haven't backed up your claim that it's 100% certified that it has to be a pole to shut up prove your damn point I get on with it instead of being stupid idiot. You said it has to be a poll, where on this forum does it say it's 100% a poll
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 lx_theo
[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

Arach666

I´m not saying wh´s right and who´s wrong,just that hype was already measured before without a poll,regardless of the way it was done specifically.

Fair enough. Then I'll stand by my stance of him proving his method to be legitimate. You, on the other hand, did a very good job of proving that method to be accepted and legitimate here. Thanks for your input.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 lx_theo
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] And you're still not proving your point You fail on a whole different level. i haven't made any claims you're the one that says that it needs to be a poll

People of been saying that in this thread what I've said and also you still haven't backed up your claim that it's 100% certified that it has to be a pole to shut up prove your damn point I get on with it instead of being stupid idiot

Wow, fanboy. Try reading. That was NEVER my point. Read stuff again and come back. Maybe you can try again once you've developed the skills to do that.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#141 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

DivineSword

it was hyped by the hardcore cows...

finalstar
campzor
ispeakfact (before he was banned)|
and a few others...most likely shadow moses and majormayor, cheleman...etc etc..

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="DivineSword"]

KBFloYd

finalstar
campzor
and a few others...most likely shadow moses and majormayor, cheleman...etc etc..

Oh god maybe 10 people (at most)

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="lx_theo"]

Wait.. what? you really dont know how this thing works do you? lol.. in order for it to work there has to be a poll with actual votes, only 1 person in that thread actually gave it number and wasnt even sure it would crack a 7 and it did more than that.

it did not flop sorry to burst ur bubble.

what does Ms got this year? :oops:

lx_theo

No I do. THere has to be a poll? Where are the rules where it has to be a poll? Can you show me those? AND alas, people did hype it in your thread. It's not validated proof that it %100 HAS to be a poll.

Sorry Chum.

Also who said anything about the 360. It's doing terrible right now.

There has to be a poll, yes. It means people can't just make stuff up based on skimming the predictions, people can't go back and change, and much more. Its just common sense.

Desperate dumb***

There you go stupid, it was your point
NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

You can always depend on Sony to deliver the first flop of the yearRR360DD

Well the more games you make and take risk with, the more chances you have to flop. MS whores out Halo, Gears, and Forza over and over. Of course MS is going to have less chances to flop. Now if you prefer using a game you'll never play as ownage for strangers on the internet, seems 360 is your best bet. However if you just want a high quality games library that mostly consists of titles that released after 05-06 then PS3 is your best bet.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#145 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="DivineSword"]

whiskeystrike

finalstar
campzor

these are the main cows of system wars...all the other cows are just newbs who never post.... are we supposed to count all the level 1's now?

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
A 40 dollar brand new game with 0 hype.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 lx_theo
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] No I do. THere has to be a poll? Where are the rules where it has to be a poll? Can you show me those? AND alas, people did hype it in your thread. It's not validated proof that it %100 HAS to be a poll.

Sorry Chum.

Also who said anything about the 360. It's doing terrible right now.

Animal-Mother

There has to be a poll, yes. It means people can't just make stuff up based on skimming the predictions, people can't go back and change, and much more. Its just common sense.

Desperate dumb***

I said it has to be a method that... "people can't just make stuff up based on skimming the predictions, people can't go back and change, and much more." And people like Arach666 have gone and shown more than just polls can do that and have been used here. I'm asking you to do the same for your method of skimming the thread and guessing. Because your method being valid on the basis of one method not being the only way to keep things as fair as possible does not stand to logical scrutiny. If any method was proven by that, then ANY method would be fair game, and we all know that's not how it works here. Reading comprehension FTW. Like I said, work on it, and come back when you have the skills.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

finalstar
campzor

KBFloYd

these are the main cows of system wars...all the other cows are just newbs who never post.... are we supposed to count all the level 1's now?

There's been various levels of hype for Sly from many different posters. Making an assumption off of the "usual" isn't really enough to validate anything here.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] There has to be a poll, yes. It means people can't just make stuff up based on skimming the predictions, people can't go back and change, and much more. Its just common sense.

Desperate dumb***

lx_theo

I said it has to be a method that... "people can't just make stuff up based on skimming the predictions, people can't go back and change, and much more." And people like Arach666 have gone and shown more than just polls can do that and have been used here. I'm asking you to do the same for your method of skimming the thread and guessing. Because your method being valid on the basis of one method not being the only way to keep things as fair as possible does not stand to logical scrutiny. If any method was proven by that, then ANY method would be fair game, and we all know that's not how it works here. Reading comprehension FTW. Like I said, work on it, and come back when you have the skills.

:lol: grasping at straws, good luck here noob, i'm going to go do more productive things then talk to a dense guy who cant prove his point :lol:
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Thought the game was never hyped ?