Do you think The Witcher 2 is any competition against a Rockstar Game ???

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Sales? No

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#102 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

The simple fact that you´re comparing a huge game company to a very small one with many times less the budget just shows the greatness of The Witcher 2.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

No. Rockstar has more money to advertise and its multiplat

Calling it, people will complain about the Witchers consilization when it's released.

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
honestly i could care less who out scores who. I plan on getting both games when they release
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Best part is I get all the Rockstar games on my consoles and The Witcher 2 on my PC. Sure, I'd rather have Witcher 2 on PS3 or something, but I have the capability to own them all. So who wins here? Me. :)

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

Best part is I get all the Rockstar games on my consoles and The Witcher 2 on my PC. Sure, I'd rather have Witcher 2 on PS3 or something, but I have the capability to own them all. So who wins here? Me. :)

Puckhog04
Don't understand why someone would want something on a console over PC. Why remove your ability to have it look awesome and letting you play it however you want?
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

When I get a PS3, I do plan on getting L.A. Noire if it is good, but I am way more interested in The Witcher 2.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
2 totally different games, both of which will score and sell well. Looking forward to playing both.
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

No matter how much you gonna ignore L.A Noire , all of you secretly wishes to play L.A Noire as well as its made by Rockstar Games . If L.A Noire was to be released on P.C , all you P.C gamers would've forgotten about hyping The Witcher 2 .

Truth is Truth , just saying ;) :)

indzman

hmmm:? I own both a gaming PC and a PS38) yet im more hyped about The Witcher 2;) plus I didnt LA Noire was a rpg:o

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

No matter how much you gonna ignore L.A Noire , all of you secretly wishes to play L.A Noire as well as its made by Rockstar Games . If L.A Noire was to be released on P.C , all you P.C gamers would've forgotten about hyping The Witcher 2 .

indzman

My PC can't even run the Witcher 2 I also happen to be a console gamer for the most part and I'm looking forward to it more so than L.A Noire. (L.A Noire is next up on my most wanted list though)

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 110million

[QUOTE="indzman"]

devious742

hmmm:? I own both a gaming PC and a PS38) yet im more hyped about The Witcher 2;) plus I didnt LA Noire was a rpg:o

Yeah, it seems some people love to push their opinions onto others. The games are such different genres, that clearly some people will like one more than another. It sounds like indzman would not be able to play The Witcher 2 and he unfortunately has to bash the game. Its okay man, I'm sure if The Witcher 2 was on a platform you had access to, things would be better.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#112 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

Don't you know this game is the second Coming of Jesus Christ??

All other games will bow before it in fear, i mean the witcher 2

ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts
LA Noir will outsell The Witcher 2, this I know for a fact. That isn't to say that The Witcher 2 won't go on to be a huge success, cause it will. I wouldn't doubt that a year from now The Witcher 2 would have sold 2-3 million copies, LA Noir will probably double that.Im_single
If that happened then CD Project would have made more money than Rockstar. Generally, much larger profit margins on PC games.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

110million
Don't understand why someone would want something on a console over PC. Why remove your ability to have it look awesome and letting you play it however you want?

A friend of mine perfers to game on his console so he can take advantage of his 47 inch TV hell..he's even planning on get BF3 for the 360.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 110million
[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

lawlessx

A friend of mine perfers to game on his console so he can take advantage of his 47 inch TV hell..he's even planning on get BF3 for the 360.

But.. but.. I can take advantage of my large TV with my computer too.. Besides, I think the trade off of sitting far with 40" and close with 24" about evens it out anyways.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#116 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

LA Noire looks like a good rental. Witcher 2 looks like a first day buy.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#117 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

devious742

Same with me. I have a PS3 too and I'm more looking forward to the Witcher 2.
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#118 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

No, because they aren't competing with each other in any way shape or form.

Kholdstare14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Kholdstare14
Member since 2005 • 427 Posts

Yep I have a PS3 and PC as well and I'm much more hyped for witcher 2. LA Noire looks good though and I'll probably get it in a month or two.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#120 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]I hope The Witcher 2 outscores L.A. Noire, they deserve it.indzman

L.A Noire will outscore The witcher 2 easily ,

The Witcher 8.5

Grand Theft Auto 4 10

Grand Theft Auto The Episodes from Liberty City 9.0

Red Dead Redemption 9.5

HaHaHa

tbh, gta4 and its milktastic DLC wasnt anything special. i think everyone was just so stoked that a new gta game finally came out and they are too naive to see that it wasnt that great at all.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Meh , The witcher was a decent rpg nothing outstanding . It got so much praise as it was made by a very small company and was a P.C exclusive . But its not even in the ranks of recent Dragon Age : Origins , Oblivion , Demons Souls , Final Fantasy XIII or Mass Effect .

Many don't know ...The Witcher 2 is releasing for consoles too ( release date to be announced ) .

All i see majority P.C gamers saying The Witcher 2 > L.A Noire lol .

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Meh , The witcher was a decent rpg nothing outstanding . It got so much praise as it was made by a very small company and was a P.C exclusive . But its not even in the ranks of recent Dragon Age : Origins , Oblivion , Demons Souls , Final Fantasy XIII or Mass Effect .

Many don't know ...The Witcher 2 is releasing for consoles too ( release date to be announced ) .

indzman
Of course. LA Norie is not on the PC while the Witcher 2 is exclusive on the PC.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="indzman"]

DroidPhysX
Of course. LA Norie is not on the PC while the Witcher 2 is exclusive on the PC.

It's also not announced for the consoles.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

They're different markets so sales wise they don't really affect each other.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

indzman

Witcher 1 destroys FFXIII (well then again I prefer the Witcher to all those titles you mention) but I really didn't find FFXIII to be a good game. Let alone a good RPG.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

indzman
Don't even mention this laughable pathetic excuses for RPGs (even in BioWare's own standards, not to mention legendary PC RPGs of the past) like Dragon Age and Mass Effect, Oblivion (are you serious?), Final Fantasy that flopped even among its fanatics? Demon Souls is as much of a RPG as Borderlands is.
jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

Rockstar Games - ( Makers of Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption ) ... i don't think The Witcher 2 stands any competition against a Rockstar Game . Go to P.C forums majority P.C gamers wishing L.A noire to be released on P.C as well . Everyone loves Rockstar Games ( from P.C gamers to Console gamers )

No matter how much The Witcher 2 gonna be good , its no competition against L.A Noire ( coz Rockstar Games Publishing / Developing it along with Team Bondi ) .

Its not about P.C VS console gaming , its about competition against Rockstar Games .

MAY 17 is L.A Noire Day .

indzman

i have absolute faith that the witcher 2 will be a better game. Also, i think they are appealing to totally different markets. the people who will buy the witcher are hard core pc guys. they arent on the same platform so i dont think there is much overlap in audience.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#128 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Yes because The Witcher 2 is totally on all 3 platforms. They're working on a Wii version too just for kicks and giggles. :P Multi-platform title vs PC exclusive. Of course Rockstar will win.. and Rockstar is established. They've been around for a LONG time.

If you ask me, which will be the better game? The Witcher 2. No doubt. TW1 is still one of my all-time favorites, over all Rockstar games. And I very much like Rockstar games too.

thah-dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 thah-dude
Member since 2011 • 532 Posts

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]I hope The Witcher 2 outscores L.A. Noire, they deserve it.indzman

L.A Noire will outscore The witcher 2 easily ,

The Witcher 8.5

Grand Theft Auto 4 10

Grand Theft Auto The Episodes from Liberty City 9.0

Red Dead Redemption 9.5

HaHaHa

Boom blox has a 85 on metacritic killzone 3 has an 80 You see where I'm going with this?
jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 jettpack

indzman

uh, what? they are so different they dont even compare. Look, TEAM BONDI's game looks fantastic, so does the witcher 2. this whole "truth" as you call it seems totally silly.

the witcher 2 stands on its own hype man, it looks amazing. stop being such an a**hole

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 jettpack

[QUOTE="indzman"]

Salt_The_Fries

Don't even mention this laughable pathetic excuses for RPGs (even in BioWare's own standards, not to mention legendary PC RPGs of the past) like Dragon Age and Mass Effect, Oblivion (are you serious?), Final Fantasy that flopped even among its fanatics? Demon Souls is as much of a RPG as Borderlands is.

this. TC has no idea what hes saying, or does and is just a troll.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#132 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

indzman
Nope. Wrong. If they gave me one choice to pick between LA Noire and The Witcher 2.. I would pick The Witcher 2 within a heartbeat. And I have a PS3 where I could play LA Noire. Just sayin.' Right now, LA Noire is not on my mind at all and it comes out the same day as TW2. ;) All I can think about is The Witcher 2.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#133 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Rockstar Games - ( Makers of Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption ) ... i don't think The Witcher 2 stands any competition against a Rockstar Game . Go to P.C forums majority P.C gamers wishing L.A noire to be released on P.C as well . Everyone loves Rockstar Games ( from P.C gamers to Console gamers )

No matter how much The Witcher 2 gonna be good , its no competition against L.A Noire ( coz Rockstar Games Publishing / Developing it along with Team Bondi ) .

Its not about P.C VS console gaming , its about competition against Rockstar Games .

MAY 17 is L.A Noire Day .

indzman

You mean in sales? Then yes. Witcher 2 is PC only and it's a game with fraction of LA Noire's marketing and development budget. So it's obvious it won't come anywhere near LA's sales.

That said, if Noire would be out on 17th May on PC too, I'm pretty much certain Witcher 2 would destroy sales of PC version of LA.Noire.

And in quality? I think Witcher 2 has pretty decent chance of outscoring LA Noire.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 indzman

Ok i'll say it , Mass Effect , Dragon Age , Demons Souls completely owns The Witcher .

The witcher is a overated rpg game atm as its one of the few last P.C exclusives remaining ( Thankfully we console gamers 'll be enjoying the witcher 2 pretty much soon ) .

Now P.C elitists 'll say i'm a troll or The Witcher is superior to Mass Effect and Dragon Age or Demons Souls to defend it :lol:

I've already made my point and won this point of debate , thats why 100's of P.C elitists are trying to prove me wrong lol and i don't've the time nor energy to debate with each and every ;) :)

SuperVegeta518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 SuperVegeta518
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

I'm downloading the first game from gog right now so next week is defintately L.A. Noire week for me. I'll get the Witcher 2 when it's on sale on steam. I tend to get lost in that style of game and never beat it.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#136 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

Ok i'll say it , Mass Effect , Dragon Age , Demons Souls completely owns The Witcher .

The witcher is a overated rpg game atm as its one of the few last P.C exclusives remaining ( Thankfully we console gamers 'll be enjoying the witcher 2 pretty much soon ) .

Now P.C elitists 'll say i'm a troll or The Witcher is superior to Mass Effect and Dragon Age or Demons Souls to defend it :lol:

I've already made my point and won this point of debate , thats why 100's of P.C elitists are trying to prove me wrong lol and i don't've the time nor energy to debate with each and every ;) :)

indzman
Your point is completely moot when even console gamers here are disagreeing with you.
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

indzman

This coming from the guy who thinks Witcher 1 came out in 2009, 0/10 gotta try harder.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 indzman

So many P.C elitists trying to prove me wrong making excuses of The Witcher being superior to rest all rpg games ( They even Hyping The Witcher 2 over Mass Effect , Dragon Age , Demon Souls Goty 2009 :lol: ) while its just a decent rpg proves i've won this debate and L.A noire is superior to The Witcher 2 :lol:

I love SW :lol:

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

So many P.C elitists trying to prove me wrong making excuses of The Witcher being superior to rest all rpg games ( They even Hyping The Witcher 2 over Mass Effect , Dragon Age , Demon Souls Goty 2009 :lol: ) while its just a decent rpg proves i've won this debate and L.A noire is superior to The Witcher 2 :lol:

indzman
How exactly did you prove that it's superior? Personally I think you would need to play both of them to find that out.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

one of the few last P.C exclusives remaining ( Thankfully we console gamers 'll be enjoying the witcher 2 pretty much soon ) .

indzman

1. Thats an even bigger insult to consoles, considering PC has 3x more aa/aaa exclusives than each of them.

2. They havn't even begun developement on a console version, which will look run and play much worse...as usual, whenever it possibly comes out.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#141 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
TC says he has a gaming PC and will buy The Witcher 2, but after some of the statements he made we really need some proof before i take what he says seriously :)
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

indzman
He says he won the debate when he hasn't even really rebuttal'd anything anyone has said? Just talks about other RPG's compared to The Witcher, even though his OP was about LA Noire? Now if that isn't the definition of a bridge inhabiter, I don't know what is.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

TC says he has a gaming PC and will buy The Witcher 2, but after some of the statements he made we really need some proof before i take what he says seriously :)GeneralShowzer
Yeah, I highly doubt the TC has a gaming PC at all actually. All he has in his sig is PSN and Live tags.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

indzman

The Witcher is incredible. Play it first.

This is coming from an individual who's favourite game of this gen is Mass Effect 2, with Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins right behind it. It's really not difficult to like The Witcher and those games, you know...

mavven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#145 mavven
Member since 2005 • 560 Posts

Never played a Rockstar game and in may 17th I'll play The Witcher 2...don't care about sales. I mean, look at COD:BO sales, me didn't played it.

Its not like I didn't experienced something extraordinary, did I? All Im saying is that one game should have more than just the logo of great company to be a day one purchase.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#146 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

indzman
Ad hominem and declaring that your opinion is more right than the opinions of others isn't how debates are won. It's more a sign of you wanting to end the discussion. I suspect because you can't actually prove your argument. But if you want to admit defeat and bail out then I think that's the correct course of action really. And yes, this whole thread is one big troll. You wanted to pit one enormous game against a small game in order to rile up fans of the latter.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 indzman

To PC elitists ,

Bit off topic , have you guys have ever played Vampires the Masquerade Bloodlines on P.C ? Now thats a true action rpg of all time ( great modding community support , great fanbase and cult rpg ) ... a true pc gamers game .

Highly superior to The Witcher anyday :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 indzman

[QUOTE="indzman"]

McStrongfast

Ad hominem and declaring that your opinion is more right than the opinions of others isn't how debates are won. It's more a sign of you wanting to end the discussion. I suspect because you can't actually prove your argument. But if you want to admit defeat and bail out then I think that's the correct course of action really. And yes, this whole thread is one big troll. You wanted to pit one enormous game against a small game in order to rile up fans of the latter.

Nah , indzman never bails out when he is absolutely correct in his justification :) Here i am ... But i'm responding to select PC gamers , it's tottally unfair 100 P.C gamers VS 1 console gamer , still i'm carrying on logically with my debates and winning so far :D

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 indzman

[QUOTE="indzman"]

Doom_HellKnight

The Witcher is incredible. Play it first.

This is coming from an individual who's favourite game of this gen is Mass Effect 2, with Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins right behind it. It's really not difficult to like The Witcher and those games, you know...

Hey , you changed your avi , is that girl Triss Marigold from The Witcher ? or someone else ? :)

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

I watch a prevew vid of LA Noire, it looks pretty boring to be honest. I can't see it being enjoyed by twitch gamers.