Do you think The Witcher 2 is any competition against a Rockstar Game ???

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Among gamers it's competition. Among casuals LA Noire will win due to marketing + the fact it will say R*.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

^ Asking for oppinions

[QUOTE="indzman"]

^ Declaring your oppinion as truth

Provided you link about the fact that P.C gamers are very happy about L.A Noire release on P.C

[QUOTE="indzman"]

HaHaHa

GeneralShowzer

^ Laughing at other peoples oppinions (which you asked for)

The person i quoted said L.A Noire deserved to be outscored by The Witcher 2

No matter how much you gonna ignore L.A Noire , all of you secretly wishes to play L.A Noire as well as its made by Rockstar Games .

indzman

^ Ridicilous misinformed claims

You making ridiculous misinformed claims yourself that pc gamers hate GTA

Provided you link again that PC gamers 'd really love to've L.A Noire on P.C

I think you simply trolling :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
[QUOTE="indzman"] I think you simply trolling :)

That about sums this thread up. Why else would you make a thread attempting to belittle a game PC gamers are excited about? Since you claim what you're saying is fact this is clearly not you looking for a discussion.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Why would a game which is exclusive to one platform be considered a contender against a multiplatform game which is also in a different genre? Is the result from your previous thread where the majority of people were interested in the Witcher 2 rather than LA Noire? If thats the case then thats quite sad.
nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts
It feels like L.A Noire wants to do so much but it will msot likely fail completely at everything, specially when compared to The Witcher 2. The dialogue/story can't hold a candle to one of the most successful and famous Polish writers Andrzej Sapkowski, specially when L.a Noire is probably going to be completely scripted and The Witcher 2 will have the most open ended non-linear narrative in any RPG. Graphically speaking, the art style and technical graphics of TW2 completely obliterates L.A Noire with it's bland graphics, sans the facial aniamtions that still look fake because the rest of the body didn't get as much detail in the animation department. Ignoring that they're obviously two completely different games, aside from the fact that they're both narrative and story driven, The Witcher 2 will beat L.A Noire at everything it's trying to do and then some.
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

I have never liked a rockstar game. There i said it.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Rockstar Games - ( Makers of Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption ) ... i don't think The Witcher 2 stands any competition against a Rockstar Game . Go to P.C forums majority P.C gamers wishing L.A noire to be released on P.C as well . Everyone loves Rockstar Games ( from P.C gamers to Console gamers )

No matter how much The Witcher 2 gonna be good , its no competition against L.A Noire ( coz Rockstar Games Publishing / Developing it along with Team Bondi ) .

Its not about P.C VS console gaming , its about competition against Rockstar Games .

MAY 17 is L.A Noire Day .

indzman

If that is the case, then this should be in General Games Discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 indzman

Guys Guys I'm not here to bash P.C gamers anticipation of The Witcher 2 ( I'm going to purchase it day 1 myself ) , neither i'm bashing The Witcher 2 .I'm always saying The Witcher 2 gonna be great no doubt .

I'm only saying L.A Noire will be much better gaming experience than The Witcher 2 as worlds best developer Rockstar Games making it along with Team Bondi , come on guys its Rockstar Games .

I'm a diehard Rockstar Fan , debate with me regarding game vs game .

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

Guys Guys I'm not here to bash P.C gamers anticipation of The Witcher 2 ( I'm going to purchase it day 1 myself ) , neither i'm bashing The Witcher 2 .I'm always saying The Witcher 2 gonna be great no doubt .

I'm only saying L.A Noire will be much better gaming experience than The Witcher 2 as worlds best developer Rockstar Games making it along with Team Bondi , come on guys its Rockstar Games .

indzman
Yeah LA Noire will get great reviews, as with GTA and RDR but it will still suck. Just like GTA and RDR.
nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts
[QUOTE="indzman"]

joel_c17
Yeah LA Noire will get great reviews, as with GTA and RDR but it will still suck. Just like GTA and RDR.

Pretty much this. I played GTA4 today on my PC, I was incredibly surprised when I busted out laughing as I stole a chicks car, then as I was driving away she held on to her car, not letting go then I smashed her against another car, but then, I was just driving around liberty city, I got bored then fired up TF2. TL;DR Rockstar games are fun for the first 5 seconds then they get boring as hell.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#61 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

Guys Guys I'm not here to bash P.C gamers anticipation of The Witcher 2

indzman

No matter how much you gonna ignore L.A Noire , all of you secretly wishes to play L.A Noire as well as its made by Rockstar Games . If L.A Noire was to be released on P.C , all you P.C gamers would've forgotten about hyping The Witcher 2 .

indzman

No, that's what you're here to do.

You're saying that the game we are looking forward to is worthless, and everyone should think as you.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#62 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

I think you simply trolling :)

indzman

Right I'm trolling...

Think Ill stop trolling now and leave this thread.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 indzman

Problem is The Witcher series are not even in the ranks of other great rpg games as Mass Effect , Dragon Age , Final Fantasy or The Elder Scrolls to debate with / against Rockstar Games :(

Its simply so new :(

Correct me if i'm wrong :(

BUT ye , if The Witcher 2 outscores L.A Noire , it might be worthy enough for a discussion :)

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19601 Posts

Problem is The Witcher series are not even in the ranks of other great rpg games as Mass Effect , Dragon Age , Final Fantasy or The Elder Scrolls to debate with / against Rockstar Games :(

indzman

Personally, I'd say that The Witcher 1 was easily better than both Mass Effect and Dragon Age games, and the most recent FF and Elder Scrolls games.
It's pretty much the best RPG of the gen...so yes, I disagree.

Also, the developer's new-ness works in its favour - if their first game was able to rival the best RPG developers out there, imagine what they can do with better technology, more money, and heaps of player feedback?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 indzman

[QUOTE="indzman"]

Planeforger

Personally, I'd say that The Witcher 1 was easily better than both Mass Effect and Dragon Age games, and the most recent FF and Elder Scrolls games.

Also, the developer's new-ness works in its favour - if their first game was able to rival the best RPG developers out there, imagine what they can do with better technology, more money, and heaps of player feedback?

Wrong ... Demons Souls was the best rpg of this gen ( Goty 2009 ) :(

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

indzman

You have a problem with opinions do you and no, the best rpg for 2009 was DA:O.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 indzman

[QUOTE="indzman"]

edidili

Its a fact Demon Souls is declared as the best rpg of 2009 , not The witcher ... never :(

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

[QUOTE="edidili"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

indzman

Its a fact Demon Souls is declared as the best rpg of 2009 , not The witcher ... never :(

It's an opinion. Do you get it? The same as when I say that TW2 will be better than LA noire.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Planeforger

indzman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that an Action-RPG (as in, story-lite, focus on combat/loot/stats rather than actual roleplaying, etc)? If so, it's rather difficult to compare across RPG sub-genres - they both do what they do very well.

In any case, The Witcher 2 is incorporating a few elements of Demons Souls...so that's yet another thing in its favour?

Anyway, many of the impressions I've read about LA Noire haven't had great thing to say about that game's action sequences. I know those aren't the core of the gameplay, but I'm sure that heaps of reviewers will dock it marks for that.
And...hm, what was the last AAA console/PC adventure game (besides Portal)? Those are much more rare than AAA RPGs.

indzman

2009 was a pretty bleak year for RPGs, so that isn't saying a whole lot.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 indzman

[QUOTE="indzman"]

Planeforger

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that an Action-RPG (as in, story-lite, focus on combat/loot/stats rather than actual roleplaying, etc)? If so, it's rather difficult to compare across RPG sub-genres - they both do what they do very well.

In any case, The Witcher 2 is incorporating a few elements of Demons Souls...so that's yet another thing in its favour?

Anyway, many of the impressions I've read about LA Noire haven't had great thing to say about that game's action sequences. I know those aren't the core of the gameplay, but I'm sure that heaps of reviewers will dock it marks for that.
And...hm, what was the last AAA console/PC adventure game (besides Portal)? Those are much more rare than AAA RPGs.

The Witcher 2 incorporating few elements from Demons Souls ? WOW ! thats great news as i loved DS . They specified which elements they incorporating ? :)

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]I hope The Witcher 2 outscores L.A. Noire, they deserve it.indzman

L.A Noire will outscore The witcher 2 easily ,

The Witcher 8.5

Grand Theft Auto 4 10

Grand Theft Auto The Episodes from Liberty City 9.0

Red Dead Redemption 9.5

HaHaHa

errr... yes.

but rockstar were a big company with tons of money whereas the witcher was the first game from small company, they did great with what they had.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Planeforger

The witcher 2 incorporating few elements from Demons Souls ? WOW ! thats great news as i loved DS . They specified which elements they incorporating ? :)

indzman

Not specifically, but they have said:
"We get inspired by many games, obviously, like any game developer. I can't say specifically whether it's Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls or Arkham Asylum that has inspired us most over the past few years – it's probably a mix of all of them. I think everyone will find elements of Demon's Souls, though, definitely. We don't auto-scale opponents, for example. If you want to compare it to anything, Demon's Souls is definitely good. I'd like that, for sure."

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 indzman

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]I hope The Witcher 2 outscores L.A. Noire, they deserve it.PcGamingRig

The Witcher 8.5

Grand Theft Auto 4 10

Red Dead Redemption 9.5

HaHaHa

errr... yes.

but rockstar were a big company with tons of money whereas the witcher was the first game from small company, they did great with what they had.

This i completely agree :) Hats off to CD Projekt :)

DreamCryotank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DreamCryotank
Member since 2011 • 1829 Posts

1. Rockstar are overrated

2. The Witcher 1 was better than both GTA4 and RDR

3. The Witcher 2 looks better than the Witcher 1 in every possible way.

Yes.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 indzman

[QUOTE="indzman"]

The witcher 2 incorporating few elements from Demons Souls ? WOW ! thats great news as i loved DS . They specified which elements they incorporating ? :)

Planeforger

Not specifically, but they have said:
"We get inspired by many games, obviously, like any game developer. I can't say specifically whether it's Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls or Arkham Asylum that has inspired us most over the past few years – it's probably a mix of all of them. I think everyone will find elements of Demon's Souls, though, definitely. We don't auto-scale opponents, for example. If you want to compare it to anything, Demon's Souls is definitely good. I'd like that, for sure."

Thats great . Thanks a lot for the info , much appreciated . I also hope The Witcher 2 lives upto its expectations so we all can enjoy it :)

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

i think The Witcher 2 will be the better game but L.A noire will sell way more because of rockstars reputation & hype.

doesn't mean L.A Noire is the better game though.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

No matter how much you gonna ignore L.A Noire , all of you secretly wishes to play L.A Noire as well as its made by Rockstar Games . If L.A Noire was to be released on P.C , all you P.C gamers would've forgotten about hyping The Witcher 2 .

Truth is Truth , just saying ;) :)

indzman
What a load of crap. 1) I dont care for the cheesey mafia theme. 2) GTA IV and Read Dead Redemption were 2 above average games to me nothing more, both flat and uninspired fueled by the sandbox effect that hasnt evolved much beyond graphics.... I expect this to be the same but with bloody adventure elements thrown in. 3) I prefer RPG's to semi acceptable shooters that double up as sandbox games, E.G most rockstar games, so why would I want this over The Witcher? 4) PC Version is possible, and i own an xbox and im still not getting L.A NOIRE even if it rates 9.5 like RDR or 10 like GTA IV I just know its the same thing again and again.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 indzman

i think The Witcher 2 will be the better game but L.A noire will sell way more because of rockstars reputation & hype.

doesn't mean L.A Noire is the better game though.

PcGamingRig

You see L.A Noir is having a detective mode story which is very interesting , not a completely gangster game again as Mafia or GTA i hope you understand what i mean :) It 'll involves crime solving plus investigating crimes just like a detective in real life plus gun action and car chases are there in this sandbox game. Plus the player can progress in ranks of his police department as the story progresses .

I mean L.A Noire can also be enjoyed by everyone very much for its gameplay :)

And true , kinda early to predict if L.A Noir will be a better game or not , but thats the charm of discussions in system wars ... nothing personal against anyone :)

yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 yemen_headshot
Member since 2010 • 514 Posts
totally different genres, i'd love to play both games on PC and honestly i dunno what are you trying to say. only fools will buy the game just cuz it has rockstar logo !!
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
lol, one is a PC exclusive dark-fantasy role playing game, and the other is a console-only interactive adventure LA Noir game, its unlikely you'll hit the same audiances. I for one will be getting The Witcher 2 now, and LA Noir later.
John_Read

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 John_Read
Member since 2009 • 1214 Posts
alan wake failed in sales because of RDR :P
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#83 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Never heard of The Witcher 2, so no.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Rockstar games are overated their good games no doubt but not the gods of the gaming world as people make them out to be same with the call of duty games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Ah TC, That train of thought does only work if you Like Rockstar games, right?

I have not liked a gta game since Gta 2 (yeah so far back) and the last good Rockstar game I playied was Max Payne 2. (atleast I think that was rockstar and not remedy).

I like what I see from L.A Noire, It is not the typical halfdone sandbox with lack of... well everything honestly, so it kind of IS the first Rockstar game Ive been interrested in in nearly a Decade, Rockstar does good first impressions, good voice acting, average characters, and a handful of fairly solid game mechanics. Problem being that those are way too few mechanics for an open world game, and Unlike Both SMG 1,2 and MGS 4 Alot of people on the forums, and even Jurnalists when they talk about GTA4 Think it scored more then it should, as soon as the wow factor vanished the game was not worth much.

RDR should be better, Im not into western games, but people generally seem that like that one, I have hopes, but here is the thing.

I know what TW2 will be like (pretty much the last hope of the year for something that resembles a true RPG) LA Noire has a really good and different premise, I like to hope that what LA Noire tryies to do, they suceed in, if they can, then I should outscore TW2.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#86 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Its simply so new :(

Correct me if i'm wrong :(

BUT ye , if The Witcher 2 outscores L.A Noire , it might be worthy enough for a discussion :)

indzman

Umm, Witcher 1 was released in October of 2007.

ken8659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#87 ken8659
Member since 2005 • 942 Posts

rockstar games sell becaue they are fun, have great story and characters

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
LA Noire is on 2 consoles, The Witcher 2 is on PC currently. And both appeal to different audiences so it is not a far comparison.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#89 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
I like Witcher 2's chances. I don't think there is a significant amount of people who look for the rockstar label. There are plenty of people who look for GTA games though. RDR was a success because it was a great game with great visuals in a great setting. I doubt LA Noire has that instant appeal, more instant appeal than Witcher 2 probably, but Witcher 2 will probably build more of a reputation as a great game.
Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Ironbash
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

I'll say it now, they'll both get a 9

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I think The withcer 2 will be a very special game and will be well praised. I find Rockstar games to be the same old stuff over and over again. Suer they have been revolutionary but they need to innovate more now

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

I played Witcher1 WAY more than GTAVI, so yes one company will get full cash for their game and the other will wait for sales.

That and I really dont like the theme of LA Noir, never was a fan of old school detective/mob movies.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

LA Noire will likely outsell it - but since both games aren't on PC and consoles, there is no direct competition

chewy130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 chewy130
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts

We won't know until they both come out.

Personally, the only R* games I liked were GTA3(ps2), RDR and Bully.

GTA4 was terrible.

malikmmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 malikmmm
Member since 2003 • 2235 Posts
witcher 2, it might outsell lanoir in europe.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
LA Noir will outsell The Witcher 2, this I know for a fact. That isn't to say that The Witcher 2 won't go on to be a huge success, cause it will. I wouldn't doubt that a year from now The Witcher 2 would have sold 2-3 million copies, LA Noir will probably double that.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
.. They are two completely different game genres..
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

Planeforger

Boy, this thread really backfired on you indzman, didn't it? :lol:

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]I hope The Witcher 2 outscores L.A. Noire, they deserve it.indzman

The Witcher 8.5

Grand Theft Auto 4 10

Red Dead Redemption 9.5

HaHaHa

Witcher receiving a 8.5 was a great feat considering that the first title was built on a Bioware engine. Witcher 2 can easily score a 9.0 or higher CD Project REd has really outdone themselves building a new engine and improving the core mechanics.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]I hope The Witcher 2 outscores L.A. Noire, they deserve it.jasonharris48

The Witcher 8.5

Grand Theft Auto 4 10

Red Dead Redemption 9.5

HaHaHa

Witcher receiving a 8.5 was a great feat considering that the first title was built on a Bioware engine. Witcher 2 can easily score a 9.0 or higher CD Project REd has really outdone themselves building a new engine and improving the core mechanics.

Built on an ANCIENT bioware engine, long-ass load times and plenty of bugs, still got 8.5 Also it was their first game, neither the RDR nor GTA developer were on their first game in any of those scores. In fact, RDR1 got 7.3, far less then The Witcher. :wink: