Do the console gamers have misconceptions of pc?

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Cranler: Here's a question I love to ask console fanboys. Do you even have a gaming PC to base your assumptions off of?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@sam890 said:

@Cranler said:

@sam890 said:

I'm not a cow, I mainly game on pc but i haven't let myself become a rabid pc fanboy.

Never heard of a PC gamer saying Half Life and Withcer are trash.

Where did I call either games trash?

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Cranler said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lol at this movie games nonsense. The Witcher is 4 times longer than Uncharted 2 but has 5 times the amount of cutscenes.

actually both uncharted and last of us are glorified hollywood movies rather than games.

Yet they have the same amount of cutscenes as pc centric titles like the original Max Payne. Starcraft 2 Heart of Swarm is more cutscene heavy than Uncharted 2 btw.

None of them have QTE's or are on rails like ND's produced games that you cows always forgets about. UC and TLOU and nothing but lineat QTE fest onrails shooter which either has a cutscene or an onrail scripted event.

Max payne is as on rails as Uncharted. PC literally invented the on rails shooter, Half Life intro ring a bell? Uncharted uses it's few qte's to make cutscenes interactive. In most games you simply watch the custcenes.

I've found most of the hate for qte's stems from the fact that many people suck at them.

Calling Half LIfe life onrails? That's the biggest joke I have ever heard. Half Life has 100 times more gameplay than the onrails linear QTE fest ND movies. Don't ever compare the master piece Half-Life with ND's crap again. It's crime against humanity.

Half Life starts off literally on rails. You're forced to stand in a train for 5 minutes. A 5 minute unskippable non gameplay segment. These unskippable in game cutscenes are littered throughout the Half Life series. Uncharted has a few interactive cutscenes while all the other cutscenes are skippable.

How does HL have 100 times more gameplay? Both games have shooting, puzzles and platforming. Uncharted's platforming is much more fun that Half Lifes. Gunplay and ai is much more advanced in Uncharted even compared to Episode 2 which came out same year as the first Uncharted.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Cranler

@GreySeal9 said:

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:

Neither UC or LOU have that many qte's

If the qte's are so bad in these games then why is the Uncharted franchise and LoU among the highest rated of all time?

Do you ever think for yourself?

Yeah, but I happen to agree with the reviews. Many people here don't think for themselves and join the PS exclusive games hate bandwagon.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Cranler said:

@sam890 said:

@Cranler said:

@sam890 said:

I'm not a cow, I mainly game on pc but i haven't let myself become a rabid pc fanboy.

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Cranler said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lol at this movie games nonsense. The Witcher is 4 times longer than Uncharted 2 but has 5 times the amount of cutscenes.

actually both uncharted and last of us are glorified hollywood movies rather than games.

Yet they have the same amount of cutscenes as pc centric titles like the original Max Payne. Starcraft 2 Heart of Swarm is more cutscene heavy than Uncharted 2 btw.

None of them have QTE's or are on rails like ND's produced games that you cows always forgets about. UC and TLOU and nothing but lineat QTE fest onrails shooter which either has a cutscene or an onrail scripted event.

Max payne is as on rails as Uncharted. PC literally invented the on rails shooter, Half Life intro ring a bell? Uncharted uses it's few qte's to make cutscenes interactive. In most games you simply watch the custcenes.

I've found most of the hate for qte's stems from the fact that many people suck at them.

Calling Half LIfe life onrails? That's the biggest joke I have ever heard. Half Life has 100 times more gameplay than the onrails linear QTE fest ND movies. Don't ever compare the master piece Half-Life with ND's crap again. It's crime against humanity.

Half Life starts off literally on rails. You're forced to stand in a train for 5 minutes. A 5 minute unskippable non gameplay segment. These unskippable in game cutscenes are littered throughout the Half Life series. Uncharted has a few interactive cutscenes while all the other cutscenes are skippable.

How does HL have 100 times more gameplay? Both games have shooting, puzzles and platforming. Uncharted's platforming is much more fun that Half Lifes. Gunplay and ai is much more advanced in Uncharted even compared to Episode 2 which came out same year as the first Uncharted.

That 5 minutes was intro, but after that it's all gameplay. But ,keep amusing us with your jokes. Half Life onrails and UC have better gunplay and AI. Now I have heard everything. What's next ND invented TPS? Jump off ledges?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Cranler

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Cranler said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Rather have a glorified good movie than a glorified shitty one like that Trash Half life 2 and teh Witcher Hermits nuthug lol!

I can enjoy the glorified shit movie for free on youtube. Don't have to waste $60 for it or $400 for 900pStation. While the trash Half Life 2 and teh Witcher which you consololites crao your pants over can't be experienced without being played and of cource they are played best on PC.

Take that, dumb shit sony drone while you are dick riding sony.

How do you experience Uncharted's superior gunplay and ai on youtube?

Just because you imagine things doesn't mean they are real. I too sometimes imagine crazy things.

I certainly didn't imagine HL 2 having one scripted set piece after another. This wouldn't be so bad if the ai were scripted to do smart things. First encounter after Gordon gets pistol is idiotic ai runs right up to him instead of taking cover. In another section I'm in the canal, got my crosshair on a combine soldier , instead of taking cover he follows the script to rappel into the canal making himself an easy target. I certain didn't imagine combine ai that doesn't try to dodge when trying to run them over.

I didn't imagine Uncharted's enemies strategically advancing, retreating, flanking, taking cover and grenade flushing.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#156  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

the misconception of believing in herms when they say they can make a $400 pc that is more powerful than a PS4 and that PC actually has decent exclusives beside some trashy F2P games and RTS'. I bet that most of the games herms play are hand me down console ports. Because you know the real money is made on consoles, so the games are made for us first. That's why herms are so bitter all the time. Just look at this thread, the first comments are jelly mad herms: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/sdc-report-new-pics-deep-down-details-in-july-31395748/

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Cranler

@melonfarmerz said:

@Cranler: Here's a question I love to ask console fanboys. Do you even have a gaming PC to base your assumptions off of?

I'm not a console fanboy, I'm a video game fanboy.

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Cranler said:

@sam890 said:

@Cranler said:

@sam890 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Cranler said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

That 5 minutes was intro, but after that it's all gameplay. But ,keep amusing us with your jokes. Half Life onrails and UC have better gunplay and AI. Now I have heard everything. What's next ND invented TPS? Jump off ledges?

Look at all these ingame cutscenes, cool on the first play through but a bore on a replay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOvb_7IIdq0

Check out Uncharted's awesome gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GOezJybjV4

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#158  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

I can make a case for the opposite as well. PC gamers don't get consoles either. Thread after thread I read hermit comments that think console gamers care about power, specs and games like WoW, Diablo, EverQuest and Sim City while turning their noses up at games like Disgaea, Animal Crossing, Tales games and Dragon Quest.

They wrongly assume those kinds of games don't offer depth or have any value despite never having played them.

Given all the graphics whore threads that aren't PC gamer driven: yes they would be on point about saying console gamers care about power. Given all the effort they put into resolution debates.

As for the latter games vs the stuff on PC. You would be semi-correct in saying that they might turn their nose at those games, but they would not be wrong in saying that the type of console/handheld games you listed are shallower than a good chunk of PC exclusives. As far as nuance and complexity is concerned the PC has an entire genre that offers gameplay depth you aren't going to get in a jrpg, a strategy rpg, or a chore simulator.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Cranler: Half Life is most definitely not on rails. If you want people to think you're the self proclaimed "gaming fanboy" you think you are, you should probably start by not making ridiculous anti PC posts on every thread. You're worse than that Gue guy and hes borderline insane

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Cranler

@melonfarmerz said:

@Cranler: Half Life is most definitely not on rails. If you want people to think you're the self proclaimed "gaming fanboy" you think you are, you should probably start by not making ridiculous anti PC posts on every thread. You're worse than that Gue guy and hes borderline insane

What am i saying that's anti pc? Half Life is on console also. With the exception of one part of Episode 2, the HL series is a linear corridor shooter. Nothing wrong with that, many people like focused story driven gameplay. Not every shooter needs to be like Stalker or Far Cry 3.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@Cranler said:

@melonfarmerz said:

What am i saying that's anti pc? Half Life is on console also. With the exception of one part of Episode 2, the HL series is a linear corridor shooter. Nothing wrong with that, many people like focused story driven gameplay. Not every shooter needs to be like Stalker or Far Cry 3.

Half life has pacing. an excellent one. combine with best level design ever in history. 2 of most important thing in FPS.

last time i check Half life has no cutscenes, QTE, on rail segment.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Cranler

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Half life has pacing. an excellent one. combine with best level design ever in history. 2 of most important thing in FPS.

None of those features keep it from being a linear shooter.

There's linear shooter, then there's semi linear shooters like Crysis then open world like Far Cry 3. HL is linear plain and simple. Nothing wrong with that, there's a place for each type of shooter. The genre would get boring if every shooter was open world.

Half Life begins in an on rail segment. Level design quality is subjective. Plenty of games have great pacing. Uncharted for example mixes it up with shooting, stealth, platforming and puzzles.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@melonfarmerz said:

There's linear shooter, then there's semi linear shooters like Crysis then open world like Far Cry 3. HL in linear plain and simple. Nothing wrong with that, there's a place for each type of shooter. The genre would get boring if every shooter was open world.

Half Life begins in an on rail segment. Level design quality is subjective. Plenty of games have great pacing. Uncharted for example mixes it up with shooting, stealth, platforming and puzzles.

of course not every shooter should be open world like stalker. but FPS should not be like COD on rail with QTEs.

HL is linear and has TONS of variety. what variety COD Ghost has? does it has pacing? finding ways? enemy types? level design?

HL is not straight forward shooter .

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Cranler is trolling you guys, btw.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Cranler

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@melonfarmerz said:

There's linear shooter, then there's semi linear shooters like Crysis then open world like Far Cry 3. HL in linear plain and simple. Nothing wrong with that, there's a place for each type of shooter. The genre would get boring if every shooter was open world.

of course not every shooter should be open world like stalker. but FPS should not be like COD on rail with QTEs.

HL is linear and has TONS of variety. what variety COD Ghost has? does it has pacing? finding ways? enemy types? level design?

HL is not straight forward shooter .

Nothing wrong with CoD style shooter. I would say HL and CoD have a lot in common. Both are very story and set piece driven. Finding ways? HL usually has just one way to go.

Off the top of my head Ghosts has sniping, stealth, scuba missions, piloting heli missions, tank missions, machine gunning car chase segments and of course standard on foot shooting. Quite a bit of variety. Not much place for a lot of enemy types in a military shooter.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Cranler

@Jankarcop said:

Cranler is trolling you guys, btw.

This is what people say when they can't come up with a counterpoint.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

@Gue1 said:

the misconception of believing in herms when they say they can make a $400 pc that is more powerful than a PS4 and that PC actually has decent exclusives beside some trashy F2P games and RTS'. I bet that most of the games herms play are hand me down console ports. Because you know the real money is made on consoles, so the games are made for us first. That's why herms are so bitter all the time. Just look at this thread, the first comments are jelly mad herms: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/sdc-report-new-pics-deep-down-details-in-july-31395748/

Hand my down console ports... are those considered bad ?

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@Cranler said:

Nothing wrong with CoD style shooter. I would say HL and CoD have a lot in common. Both are very story and set piece driven. Finding ways? HL usually has just one way to go.

Off the top of my head Ghosts has sniping, stealth, scuba missions, piloting heli missions, tank missions, machine gunning car chase segments and of course standard on foot shooting. Quite a bit of variety. Not much place for a lot of enemy types in a military shooter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXRo7ZTZAKg

Lots in common??

yes everything is wrong with COD style shooter. you have very scripted linear cinematic campaign than can be finish in one playthrough. there is no variety nothing else, no pacing. infact the origin of FPS is not even based on military shooter.

Doom invent FPS, Quake invent free mouse look and Half life take FPS genre forward.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Cranler

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lots in common??

yes everything is wrong with COD style shooter. you have very scripted linear cinematic campaign than can be finish in one playthrough. there is no variety nothing else, no pacing. infact the origin of FPS is not even based on military shooter.

Doom invent FPS, Quake invent free mouse look and Half life take FPS genre forward.

HL 2 is scripted to hell and back. Ai does practically everything the same every playthrough. No variety would be infantry fighting the entire time. I listed all the different gameplay segments.

Ghosts campaign. Is about 5-6 hours. The game comes with mp, offline bot mp, squad mode and extinction mode. A decent bit of content there.

So military shooters are bad because early fps's weren't military shooters?

Wolfenstein was the first fps. Marathon was the first fps with mouselook, Duke 3d was the 2nd.

Oh yes HL was an incredible game for it's time. In fact it may be, relative to time, the best game ever. By that I mean it's imo better for 1998 than any other game was for it's time.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lots in common??

HL 2 is scripted to hell and back. Ai does practically everything the same every playthrough. No variety would be infantry fighting the entire time. I listed all the different gameplay segments.

Ghosts campaign. Is about 5-6 hours. The game comes with mp, offline bot mp, squad mode and extinction mode. A decent bit of content there.

Wolfenstein was the first fps. Marathon was the first fps with mouselook, Duke 3d was the 2nd.

Oh yes HL was an incredible game for it's time. In fact it may be, relative to time, the best game ever. By that I mean it's imo better for 1998 than any other game was for it's time.

1.Did you watch the video?

2. Ghost campain is 4 hour long scripted cinematic shooting gallery. its just roller coster ride with no variety at all. waste of time.

3. Yes Milltiary shooters mostly are bad in history. very very few of them are good. and those are set in WW2. nowadays huge spawn of millitary shooters every year inculding 17 COD and BF games releasing each year. the FPS like Painkiller, Doom, HL etc include variety, enemy types, etc. i cant think of any military FPS with good level design and decent pacing

sadly no FPS nowadays is as good as Half life (except stalker but its different category). unless Doom 4 will surprise and ID will make what FPS should be

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Cranler

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lots in common??

1.Did you watch the video?

2. Ghost campain is 4 hour long scripted cinematic shooting gallery. its just roller coster ride with no variety at all. waste of time.

3. Yes Milltiary shooters mostly are bad in history. very very few of them are good. and those are set in WW2. nowadays huge spawn of millitary shooters every year inculding 17 COD and BF games releasing each year. the FPS like Painkiller, Doom, HL etc include variety, enemy types, etc. i cant think of any military FPS with good level design and decent pacing

sadly no FPS nowadays is as good as Half life (except stalker but its different category). unless Doom 4 will surprise and ID will make what FPS should be

Doom and painkiller have enemy variety but thats it. Do those have pilotable tanks, helis, car chases, stealth?

CoD 4 has some of the greatest sp shooter moments in gaming history. Especially the Pripyat stealth mission.

It's a very biased video. HL 2 is just as scripted as CoD. A video could be made showing the hours and hours of scripted events in HL 2. Every time you play the combine will throw the trash on the floor, you have to follow barney down the hall and watch Kleiner on the monitor. It's the same every play through. Combine does the same thing every playthrough too.

Ai is also quite bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtxupYmU46s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0WqAmuSXEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj31PSzd9NU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PtBNOTllts

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@Cranler said:

It's a very biased video. HL 2 is just as scripted as CoD.

you really think half life campaign is comparable to call of duty??

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#173 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@jg4xchamp: As I said in another comment those posters don't represent the vast majority of console gamers that play them. I'm well aware a lot of PC games offer more depth than console game in general, but that doesn't diminish their value to console gamers. Games mean different things to different people, some play them for challenge, some for simple enjoyment. Nobody is right or wrong in how they do it.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Cranler

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

It's a very biased video. HL 2 is just as scripted as CoD.

you really think half life campaign is comparable to call of duty??

The HL 2 I played had one scripted event after another. After a couple playthroughs you know exactly whats going to happen next.

As an example, take a look at this walkthrough. Notice at 21 seconds the player unnaturally looks up because the ai does that every single time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOrRtBKJhzw&list=PLAFFF9E2046F2E9A4&index=3

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT

@Cranler said:

The HL 2 I played had one scripted event after another.

last time i checked there is no NPC come and open door for u in half life.

last time i checked there no regen health and cover in half life

last time i checked there is pacing and level design in half life compare to COD

last time i checked you can explore in half life unlike COD

I dont know what you see in Half life that is comparable to COD.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#176 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lots in common??

Wow , thanks for sharing . That video was awesome.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Cranler

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

last time i checked there is pacing and level design in half life compare to COD

Open what door?

There is cover but the stupid combine ai don't use it. The player doesn't need a cover system to use cover.

Who needs regen health in an easy game like HL 2? CoD is more challenging on highest difficulty. Halo on high difficulty is much much harder than HL.

Far Cry 3 for example has a cover system for the player, enemies use cover realistically and it makes HL 2 combat look archaic.

What do you explore in HL?

Already told you, both are story driven, full of set pieces and highly scripted.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#178  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58988 Posts
@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lots in common??

Whoever made this video is quite clearly, incredibly intelligent.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Cranler
@uninspiredcup said:
@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lots in common??

Inrcredibly biased you mean.

These videos are a laugh riot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtxupYmU46s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0WqAmuSXEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj31PSzd9NU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PtBNOTllts

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Cloud_imperium
@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Open what door?

There is cover but the stupid combine ai don't use it. The player doesn't need a cover system to use cover.

Who needs regen health in an easy game like HL 2? CoD is more challenging on highest difficulty. Halo on high difficulty is much much harder than HL.

Far Cry 3 for example has a cover system for the player, enemies use cover realistically and it makes HL 2 combat look archaic.

Already told you, both are story driven, full of set pieces and highly scripted.

Dude . Half Life 2 and COD are totally different games . And there are indeed sections in Half Life 2 when you can explore . For Example , you can get out of the vehicle and go to abandoned house to find Bullets , Health Packs , Energy recharger and so on .

You can also carry more than 2 weapons , something that should be available in most FPS . The only recent game that did justice to FPS genre is Shadow Warrior . Yes it was linear but old school and extremely fun to play .

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@Cranler said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lots in common??

But your bias. Whoever made that video is clearly a gaming expert.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Cranler

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Open what door?

Dude . Half Life 2 and COD are totally different games . And there are indeed sections in Half Life 2 when you can explore . For Example , you can get out of the vehicle and go to abandoned house to find Bullets , Health Packs , Energy recharger and so on .

You can also carry more than 2 weapons , something that should be available in most FPS . The only recent game that have did justice to FPS genre is Shadow Warrior . Yes it was linear but old school and extremely fun to play .

How are they different?

Exploring an abandoned house? Sounds exciting!

Weapon loadout is a design decision you don't agree with. Let me guess you hate cover systems too?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Cranler

@uninspiredcup said:
@Cranler said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lots in common??

I could make a video showing CoD ai taking cover and HL 2's idiotic ai standing still still out in the open. I could make a video where I stand and aim in a specific spot because I know what spot the combine is scripted to go to everytime.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 uninspiredcup  Online

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@Cranler said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lots in common??

I could make a video showing CoD

Make one then.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Cranler

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@Cranler said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lots in common??

Make one then.

Go watch any CoD video already on you tube. The ai is much more realistic than HL. I already linked a video where the guy was waiting for combine to hop out of the ship.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@Cranler said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

Lots in common??

Make one then.

Go watch any CoD video already on you tube. The ai is much more realistic than HL. I already linked a video where the guy was waiting for combine to hop out of the ship.

But the one everyone is admiring is superior.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#187 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@sukraj said:

i play all my games on a console i grew up playing console games and thats the bottom line.

I think the case is, most pc gamers probably started off on consoles. At least the 20+ year old ones.

Back then, in the golden years of Snes, Mega Drive and the mighty Game Gear (I had a tv tuner) it was all about the gameplay. The drive to "movie games" can most likely be attributed to the Playstation 2 and Xbox.

I have tried to get into pc games but it just doesn't appeal to me.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@Cloud_imperium said:

You can also carry more than 2 weapons , something that should be available in most FPS . The only recent game that did justice to FPS genre is Shadow Warrior . Yes it was linear but old school and extremely fun to play .

As much as i loved shadow warrio but from what i have played new wolfenstein is probably better game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 uninspiredcup  Online

@system-reboot said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

As much as i loved shadow warrio but from what i have played new wolfenstein is probably better game.

No.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT

@uninspiredcup said:

No.

elaborate please.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Cloud_imperium

@system-reboot said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

I haven't played Wolfenstein yet but Shadow Warrior was my best game of 2013 .

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@Cloud_imperium said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

it was my fav game last year too.

cant wait for their next game. flying wild hog is one of the best developer around and also inspired other developer to revieve old school FPS. hope ID software will do justice to Doom.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#193 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Are people really trying to argue that HL2 doesn't have terrible AI?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#194 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Only people that consistently hate on Half-Life 2 are those who had not played Half-Life 2 until they've played multiple FPSs that were directly influenced by Half-Life 2. Same with Halo CE, the original CoD or Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

It's hard to understand how good a genre defining game is if you've played games that were influenced by it. That's why so many newer gamers don't get the love for the earlier, genre definite games in any genre. It's not new or exciting to them as they've already played games that have incorporated aspects of the genre defining game's design.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@topgunmv said:

Are people really trying to argue that HL2 doesn't have terrible AI?

The gunship, hunter helicopter, Striders, ant loins, ant-queens and Hunters behave in arguably the most organic and realistic manner in FPS to this day.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#197 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

This thread is funny because most of the "hermits" have consoles but the consolites don't and are talking out their ass. I must admit I am biased I am mostly a pc gamer but I play the exclusives on console. In general pc the much better experience. Consoles exclusives offer a pleasant less in depth experience. This does not take away from my enjoyment of console exclusives IMO.

If I didn't have a gaming pc and didn't know all that pc gaming has to offer and was on a shoestring budget I would most likely be saying similar things as the consolites. After all ignorance is bliss and going by they comments I have read here consolites are very blissful when it comes to pc gaming. That's okay most of the people I have talked to on live and psn are people that I don't want on pc. This not me being a dick either I am sure many other consolites feel the same way.

rorytmeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 rorytmeadows
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I am a console gamer and own a gaming PC. I just choose not to use the PC. Of my IRL friends, they play only lame RPG games on PC that I'm not interested in. Of the pool of my friends, the ones I am interested in, play on XB1 or PS4. I don't like the controller for PS4, so XB1 wins.

I fully understand the graphical capabilities of PC, I just don't care. I'd rather just boot up and go and not have to worry about improvements. And yes, you do have to upgrade. Size of monitor, speed of machine, internet connection all are variables that weigh in on getting kills on FPS games. People can literally buy themselves into more kills. Consoles even that out a bit more.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@rorytmeadows said:

I am a console gamer and own a gaming PC. I just choose not to use the PC. Of my IRL friends, they play only lame RPG games on PC that I'm not interested in. Of the pool of my friends, the ones I am interested in, play on XB1 or PS4. I don't like the controller for PS4, so XB1 wins.

I fully understand the graphical capabilities of PC, I just don't care. I'd rather just boot up and go and not have to worry about improvements. And yes, you do have to upgrade. Size of monitor, speed of machine, internet connection all are variables that weigh in on getting kills on FPS games. People can literally buy themselves into more kills. Consoles even that out a bit more.

I guess if your machine just can't run a game at a stable framerate then you are going to lose some kills, but you could also just lower the settings some if you don't want to upgrade your PC to max out the game.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Cloud_imperium

@system-reboot said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

it was my fav game last year too.

cant wait for their next game. flying wild hog is one of the best developer around and also inspired other developer to revieve old school FPS. hope ID software will do justice to Doom.

True , my friend . True .