Do the console gamers have misconceptions of pc?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

Every time a console gamer talks about pc they bring this up.

With the Praysration 4's and the XboxOne, isn't the difference in visuals not negotiable to the point of "who gives a shit"?

Wouldn't an argument of the pc's strengths over consoles be that, rather than movie games with barely any gameplay

It can utilize the mouse and keyboard as "learning forward on a chair" as opposed to "learning back on a couch" nature to produce mature sophisticated games well above what consoles can, or will ever produce?

Do the main two consoles even have "sophisticated" games with "depth" "learning curve" or "complexity"?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

mate nobody gets it like you and I.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Every time you make a thread,I think of this

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

My favorite one is when people think that digital distribution means you lose all your games if your computer crashes.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

the total war series is an example of the broken, buggy, and seemingly unfinished games you regularly find only on pc

Loading Video...

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

I'm just patiently waiting for AmazonAngry's thread. It's gonna be loads of fun.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

do pc gamers have misconceptions of consoles? so many questions in this world...

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Well this thread is shit,

You seem to have misconceptions about consoles, there was one game on the PS2 that used the mouse and keyboard (a ported PC game, don't see many of those anymore). Game developers I guess are free to make games use mouse and keyboard if they want.

But yes generally Pc has more strategy games, but that is only one game type.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

So in other words, you?

@uninspiredcup said:

As primarily a console gamer I find pc gamers very amusing.

@uninspiredcup said:

As someone who is primarily a console gamer, I agree 100%.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Doesn't everyone have misconceptions and misblame as well?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup
@edwardecl said:

You seem to have misconceptions about consoles, there was one game on the PS2 that used the mouse and keyboard (a ported PC game, don't see many of those anymore). Game developers I guess are free to make games use mouse and keyboard if they want.

My freind, you seem to be missing the point of the point, you bring up, regarding my point.

It is not simply a case of hardware, it's an ecosystem. PC breeds intellectual games for intellectuals.

Consoles (as in the Xbox and Playstation) are now, primarily, movie games. i.e. barely games... Because thats (as you say) what they want. The nature of a beast. A loin eating wildebeest because god programmed it too. PC a whale, the most intelligent shark in the ocean.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BldgIrsh

@lostrib said:
@uninspiredcup said:

So in other words, you?

@uninspiredcup said:

@uninspiredcup said:

/thread

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By edwardecl

@uninspiredcup said:
@edwardecl said:

My freind, you seem to be missing the point of the point, you bring up, regarding my point.

It is not simply a case of hardware, it's an ecosystem. PC breeds intellectual games for intellectuals.

Consoles (as in the Xbox and Playstation) are now, primarily, movie games. i.e. barely games

Dragon's Dogma and Demon's Souls are movie games?

I'm not even going to bother listing any more games that are not movie games. You have a point with the lack of strategy games though, and unique games like Mount & Blade. But still there is no reason why developers can't port these games to console and still use a mouse and keyboard. I might be in the minority but I play my PS3 and PC through the same TV with the same control pad and there is no reason I couldn't plug in a mouse and keyboard and have the exact same experience if i wanted to, if the devs bothered adding the option that is.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By uninspiredcup

@PsychoLemons said:

Doesn't everyone have misconceptions and misblame as well?

Very true. Even just looking at a few of the posts, it's very George bush you either with us or against us.

The world is complex and we are all indeevigual with varying interests and tastes.

Some people like movies games. Some people own pc's and consoles.

consoles are pc's are different and that's great. However, I feel the argument both (console gamers and pc gamers make) with graphics, is "who gives a shit". Incredibly minimal. The people, they ignore the gameplay.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lostrib

@uninspiredcup said:
@edwardecl said:

Consoles (as in the Xbox and Playstation) are now, primarily, movie games. i.e. barely games... Because thats (as you say) what they want. The nature of a beast. A loin eating wildebeest because god programmed it too. PC a whale, the most intelligent shark in the ocean.

WTF are you talking about?

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 edwardecl

@lostrib: I know how are you supposed to argue with that :/.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup

@edwardecl said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@edwardecl said:

Consoles (as in the Xbox and Playstation) are now, primarily, movie games. i.e. barely games

Dragon's Dogma and Demon's Souls are movie games?

I'm not even going to bother listing any more games that are not movie games. You have a point with the lack of strategy games though, and unique games like Mount & Blade. But still there is no reason why developers can't port these games to console and still use a mouse and keyboard. I might be in the minority but I play my PS3 and PC through the same TV with the same control pad and there is no reason I couldn't plug in a mouse and keyboard and have the exact same experience if i wanted to, if the devs bothered adding the option that is.

Darksouls plays like a pc game. Partly the reason pc gamers petitioned for it.

Sold very poor on xbox. .

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#18 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

i am ignorant and would like to remain ignorant. Ungamed 2: Among Movies is one of my favorites.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By edwardecl

I really don't see the difference between PC and Console games, they are more or less the same thing to me. The input method should not define something, I play many PC games with a controller, and it is a shame 99% of devs do not allow mouse & keyboard even if the PC version has both.

And there are lots and lots of games that are not movie games, you've just been looking at the wrong ones. Most of the games that come to PC are multi-plats for a start so are you saying those games are movie games also, I don't get it. You could say all point and click adventure games on PC are movie games because it does not have much game play other then clicking on stuff, does it make it a bad game?

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@edwardecl said:

goddamn, you are uniformed. pc breeds intellectual games? the same pc that brought us point and click adventures? the same system that brought us F2P, farmville and candy crush? the same pc that brought us FUCKING HALF LIFE?!?! you are a sad, confused little boy. just because a couple of strategy games are big on pc means absolutely NOTHING in regards to the "intelligence" of its audience. NOTHING, k?

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

@uninspiredcup: No, console-only gamers don't have misconceptions over PC gaming, it just isn't for them.

No physical copies, you cannot resell your digital licenses, and the 1k entry point to have a good PC - not appealing to many console gamers. And stick in Steam's always-online DRM.

PC Gaming is awesome tho. Can't re-sell digital copies, but you can pickup digital copies for pretty cheap to offset it. Having to be always online sucks, but I'm usually always online anyways so it doesn't matter.

PC games are best for games that are native to being on a computer, like where the game really required a keyboard and mouse on a computer desk, games like Hearthstone, Minecraft (mods!), X-COM, DOTA 2. All awesome

Fanboys of anything are stupid. Just play games, on any platform

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup

@edwardecl said:

I really don't see the difference between PC and Console games, they are more or less the same thing to me. The input method should not define something,

My friend, input method changes the entire nature of a game and game design. Due to the extreme complexity (which pc can achieve) flight simulators simply do not exist on consoles. My excellent creature analogy was too deep for you fellows to comprehend but it should be much more readily apparent now. 8 buttons VS 256+ key + Keyboard. Standard for pc, not for consoles, niche. Nature the beast. PC, naturally more intelligent like whale. Wouldn't throw a loin in the ocean, drown until dead.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

misconception - that you need one thousand dollars to pc game

misconception - that one must use steam in order to pc game

misconception - that all games on pc have drm

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib

@bldgirsh said:

@lostrib said:
@uninspiredcup said:

So in other words, you?

@uninspiredcup said:

@uninspiredcup said:

/thread

if only

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By uninspiredcup

@lazerface216 said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@edwardecl said:

goddamn, you are uniformed. pc breeds intellectual games? the same pc that brought us point and click adventures?

Point and click adventure games required logical puzzle solving. Consoles (with David Cage) promotes the idea of removing and deducing gameplay down to quick time events.

Teletale, the last bastion of the genre, decided to mimic this. Whatever little gameplay exists, is now an illusion of gameplay.

Indeed, in the example of Halflife, this title features pacing, platforming, logical puzzle solving, exploraration e.t.c..

Console gaming promoted the idea of walking in a line shooting people who are not American to save America. Now all FPS involve walking in a line shooting people for 4 hours to get the MP. (most of the time as America military man)

Sad days.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I can make a case for the opposite as well. PC gamers don't get consoles either. Thread after thread I read hermit comments that think console gamers care about power, specs and games like WoW, Diablo, EverQuest and Sim City while turning their noses up at games like Disgaea, Animal Crossing, Tales games and Dragon Quest.

They wrongly assume those kinds of games don't offer depth or have any value despite never having played them.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

the total war series is an example of the broken, buggy, and seemingly unfinished games you regularly find only on pc

Killzone and Ryse are examples of the short, terrible, and clunky games you find on consoles....which is why consoles have less AAA/AA titles every gen and no real competitive scenes.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#28  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Misconception: uninspiredcup makes good threads.

He doesn't.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@dbtbandit67 said:

@uninspiredcup: No, console-only gamers don't have misconceptions over PC gaming, it just isn't for them.

No physical copies, you cannot resell your digital licenses, and the 1k entry point to have a good PC - not appealing to many console gamers. And stick in Steam's always-online DRM.

PC Gaming is awesome tho. Can't re-sell digital copies, but you can pickup digital copies for pretty cheap to offset it. Having to be always online sucks, but I'm usually always online anyways so it doesn't matter.

PC games are best for games that are native to being on a computer, like where the game really required a keyboard and mouse on a computer desk, games like Hearthstone, Minecraft (mods!), X-COM, DOTA 2. All awesome

Fanboys of anything are stupid. Just play games, on any platform

Wow, says they don't have misconceptions,

Reply's to post with misconceptions.....*facepalm*

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@lostrib said:
@uninspiredcup said:

So in other words, you?

@uninspiredcup said:

@uninspiredcup said:

and yet somehow people still listen to this troll.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@lostrib said:
@uninspiredcup said:

So in other words, you?

@uninspiredcup said:

@uninspiredcup said:

LMAO.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@PannicAtack said:

My favorite one is when people think that digital distribution means you lose all your games if your computer crashes.

No one thinks that. At least, no one sane.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

It is all relative.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#34  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Misconception: uninspiredcup makes good threads.

He doesn't.

They're quite uninspired. The man has no vision.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By m3dude1

@leandrro said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

misconception - leandrros crappy pc runs bf4 at 1080p 60(its 35 fps with frequent drops below 30 in actuality LOL)

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I feel all the best games come to consoles and PC gets all the leftover crap that wasn't good enough to make the cut, and RTS borefests.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib

@m3dude1 said:

@leandrro said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

misconception - leandrros crappy pc runs bf4 at 1080p 60(its 35 fps with frequent drops below 30 in actuality LOL)

wouldnt that depend on what settings? unless he has a huge CPU bottleneck

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By m3dude1

u dont remember his constant bragging about how his pos 400$ pc he built sometime within the last 16 months craps all over the ps4?

Loading Video...

even in 2 of the least demanding maps his experience is just awful

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lostrib

@m3dude1 said:

u dont remember his constant bragging about how his pos 400$ pc he built sometime within the last 16 months craps all over the ps4?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naO0daBZeRo

Oh I wish I didn't

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#41 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Zassimick said:

i am ignorant and would like to remain ignorant. Ungamed 2: Among Movies is one of my favorites.

lol

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

@leandrro said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

wouldnt that depend on what settings? unless he has a huge CPU bottleneck

He runs it at native 1080p, settings on high, much higher settings then what PS4 runs at.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By m3dude1

@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naO0daBZeRo

Oh I wish I didn't

lol mail in rebates

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

Loading Video...

even in 2 of the least demanding maps his experience is just awful

With a weak CPU like the one in this $400 build it's the recording of this video that is more then likely killing his frame rate and not the game itself.

Recording takes a lot out of weak CPU's.

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

PC games are for intellectuals?

Well shit. Apparently you guys should all be playing Sommelier Simulator cause you're so high brow. *rolls eyes*

What a stupid topic.

And to answer the ridiculous question posed by the op. Yes of course there are games like that for the consoles. You know there are but yet you still made this joke of a thread. What is wrong with you?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Lol at this movie games nonsense. The Witcher is 4 times longer than Uncharted 2 but has 5 times the amount of cutscenes.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BldgIrsh

@GamingTitan said:

PC games are for intellectuals?

Well shit. Apparently you guys should all be playing Sommelier Simulator cause you're so high brow. *rolls eyes*

What a stupid topic.

And to answer the ridiculous question posed by the op. Yes of course there are games like that for the consoles. You know there are but yet you still made this joke of a thread. What is wrong with you?

As stated by lostrib. He's a fakeboy consolite...

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

I feel all the best games come to consoles and PC gets all the leftover crap that wasn't good enough to make the cut, and RTS borefests.

You forgot MMOs :O

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BldgIrsh

@sam890 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

You forgot MMOs :O

Shame on him... he also forgot Farmville...

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@Cranler said:

Lol at this movie games nonsense. The Witcher is 4 times longer than Uncharted 2 but has 5 times the amount of cutscenes.

actually both uncharted and last of us are glorified hollywood movies rather than games.