Do the console gamers have misconceptions of pc?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Jankarcop said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

The monitor and speakers obviously don't count in this case, it's PS4 vs PC, not PS4 + TV + speakers vs PC + monitor + speakers. Plus you could use your TV anyway for PC gaming, it's fun to play amazing looking games on a huge screen.

And gaming mice and keyboards are pretty cheap, you don't have to buy a $40 mouse just to play games. Hell, I play competitive LoL and CS:GO and use a $15 mouse and a $10 keyboard, there's really no need for super expensive peripherals. You could also get a $20 Xbox 360 controller if you prefer playing with a gamepad.

Mouse/kb feels very laggy on tv's even when using game mode. 360 controller is almost a requirement at this point. Dark Souls and Brothers with m/kb is awful.

Movie game moniker comes from games like Metal gear solid and Heavy Rain. What's your definition of a movie game?

I disagree. I've been playing on my 24" 1080p TV and PC monitor dual-setup since 2010. Alternating between the two, I don't see the lag.

Heck. I even use a Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard set.

I've never experienced this lagg either when hooking up to my TV.

just check that guy posting history, he seems to just spread bs about pc gaming lol, some butthurt peasant i bet.

So you think a tv which isn't even designed around being used with a mouse is going to perform as well as a monitor which is designed to be used with a mouse?

Bs about pc gaming? Input lag isnt pc specific. Controllers on a monitor feel more responsive as well.

Notice how the average monitor input lag is much better than the average tv http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/145141/sub-1-frame-hdtv-monitor-input-lag-database

this is why you ignorant consolites will never go out of mcdonalds, the lag input you so speak of is directly related to the response time of tvs, modern tvs usually have below 5 ms of response time and work at 60hz which is equal to monitors, unless you activate a bunch of post processing bs you won't notice difference at all, also you think a keyboard and mouse would have input lag but a console controller would not? lol.

Ofc you working at mcdonalds probably have a crappy tv with a crappy response time.

I'm a consolite because I'm not a pc fanboy? I actually do most of my gaming on pc. No need to be so mean.

Input lag and response time are two separate things. http://www.displaylag.com/exposed-input-lag-vs-response-time/

Input lag is more noticable with a mouse than a controller. Mouse allows faster cursor movement, faster turning etc so of course the lag would be more noticable. Low fps is more tolerable with a controller as well.

Some people are so sensitive to input lag they still use crt's for playing fps. Some people are so insensitive to lag they don't even notice when a game isnt using a hardware mouse cursor.

Of course I would never normally connect a pc to hdtv cause once you try a 120hz monitor it's hard to go back to 60.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#252 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@Cranler go and try Shadow warrior. after playing it you will realise how COD damage to FPS genre and this game highlight everything bad about todays FPS.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By Cranler

@rorytmeadows said:

@Bebi_vegeta:

@Bebi_vegeta said:

@rorytmeadows said:

@Bebi_vegeta said:

@rorytmeadows said:

@Bebi_vegeta said:

@rorytmeadows said:

I am a console gamer and own a gaming PC. I just choose not to use the PC. Of my IRL friends, they play only lame RPG games on PC that I'm not interested in. Of the pool of my friends, the ones I am interested in, play on XB1 or PS4. I don't like the controller for PS4, so XB1 wins.

I fully understand the graphical capabilities of PC, I just don't care. I'd rather just boot up and go and not have to worry about improvements. And yes, you do have to upgrade. Size of monitor, speed of machine, internet connection all are variables that weigh in on getting kills on FPS games. People can literally buy themselves into more kills. Consoles even that out a bit more.

So you're saying TV size don't matter for console and Internet connection has no impact ?

It's just more leveled out. I learned this back in the days of Counterstrike on my college LAN. Players on my team updated their equipment and improved their game. The jumps to be made with PC gaming are much bigger than the ones that can be done with consoles, hence the evenness of consoles. I believe that the jump from a 22 inch monitor to a 46 inch screen is more of a difference than a 46 to 55 inch, which I've seen more in the console environment.

Processing speed, overclocking, RAM, video memory, hot keys, etc. all are factors in getting better accuracy. Consoles remove that.

But again, remember that the original reason I mentioned a preference for consoles was on what my friends were gaming.

I don't see how a bigger screen will make you a better player.

None of what you mention affect accurancy.

Headshots = easier

Sniping = easier

Sometimes depending on the game or monitor setup = field of view wider

Larger TV, better resolution = further POV

Faster/more powerful specs = better environment rendering, further POV

Hot keys (mouse, keyboard, etc.) = faster in-game buying, techniques, mapping

You can literally buy yourself into being good. I hated that aspect when I played CS.

Which again has nothing to do with accurancy.

In no way does a bigger screen make you better...

Large TV don't have better resolution...

How does better enviromment rendering (whatever that means) make anyone a better player.

Your only valid point would be hot keys, which could all be done software wise.

It really seems like you have absolutely no idea of what your talking about. Have you ever been to a lan tournament ? Did you ever see someone bring a 55" screen to be better ?

On a 26 inch monitor 1080p vs 720p isn't detectable. On a 55 inch monitor, it is. On a small monitor, I may see a tiny moving blur in the background of an environment. On a larger screen with better resolution, I may actually see a moving person and make out their head, to which, I can target.

Maybe not detectable to you. A lot of smartphones now have much higher ppi's than even 4k tv's. Galaxy Note 3 has a 5.7 inch screen and is 1080p res. That's the equivalent of having a 21 inch 4k monitor when it comes to pixel density.

Also optimal viewing distance of a 26" monitor would be different than a 55". I use a 27 inch for pc gaming and I sit about 1.5 feet away from screen. When console gaming I use a much larger screen and sit at the same proportional distance.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Cranler

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler go and try Shadow warrior. after playing it you will realise how COD damage to FPS genre and this game highlight everything bad about todays FPS.

I've watched walkthroughs and was very underwhelmed. Serious Sam seems much better.

Many people like campaigns that at least try to resemble a real firefight. Like enemies using cover for instance. Human enemies in Shadow Warrior just stand still in the open. Practically every game with shooting now tries to mimic real firefights from GTA to CoD .

I remember when I first played Vietcong, enemies took cover and the game had leaning, iron sites and even a cover system and it worked great.

If I'm in the mood for over the top action Serious Sam is my go to.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

I've watched walkthroughs and was very underwhelmed.

you have watched not played. its easily best FPS in years. i cant think of any one that is better recently.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Cranler

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

you have watched not played. its easily best FPS in years. i cant think of any one that is better recently.

Why is it the best fps in years?

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

because its old school FPS. no regen health, cover. fast paced non stop fun. throwback to what make FPS great. i could go on and on.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Cranler

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

because its old school FPS. no regen health, cover. fast paced non stop fun. throwback to what make FPS great. i could go on and on.

That's great for you. Most people like a little more realism. That's why arcade fps are no longer the norm. The only reason Doom and Quake were ever popular is because realistic shooters weren't around yet. Medal of Honor AA was the beginning of the end for old schol fps.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT

@Cranler said:

That's great for you. Most people like a little more realism. That's why arcade fps are no longer the norm. The only reason Doom and Quake were ever popular is because realistic shooters weren't around yet. Medal of Honor AA was the beginning of the end for old schol fps.

LOL. Medal of Honor and COD realistic?? d u even know what realism is?

and yes. old school FPS are now revieve (thanks flying wild hog) now doom 4 is coming out next year.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#260 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Jankarcop said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

The monitor and speakers obviously don't count in this case, it's PS4 vs PC, not PS4 + TV + speakers vs PC + monitor + speakers. Plus you could use your TV anyway for PC gaming, it's fun to play amazing looking games on a huge screen.

And gaming mice and keyboards are pretty cheap, you don't have to buy a $40 mouse just to play games. Hell, I play competitive LoL and CS:GO and use a $15 mouse and a $10 keyboard, there's really no need for super expensive peripherals. You could also get a $20 Xbox 360 controller if you prefer playing with a gamepad.

Mouse/kb feels very laggy on tv's even when using game mode. 360 controller is almost a requirement at this point. Dark Souls and Brothers with m/kb is awful.

Movie game moniker comes from games like Metal gear solid and Heavy Rain. What's your definition of a movie game?

I disagree. I've been playing on my 24" 1080p TV and PC monitor dual-setup since 2010. Alternating between the two, I don't see the lag.

just check that guy posting history, he seems to just spread bs about pc gaming lol, some butthurt peasant i bet.

So you think a tv which isn't even designed around being used with a mouse is going to perform as well as a monitor which is designed to be used with a mouse?

Bs about pc gaming? Input lag isnt pc specific. Controllers on a monitor feel more responsive as well.

Notice how the average monitor input lag is much better than the average tv http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/145141/sub-1-frame-hdtv-monitor-input-lag-database

this is why you ignorant consolites will never go out of mcdonalds, the lag input you so speak of is directly related to the response time of tvs, modern tvs usually have below 5 ms of response time and work at 60hz which is equal to monitors, unless you activate a bunch of post processing bs you won't notice difference at all, also you think a keyboard and mouse would have input lag but a console controller would not? lol.

Ofc you working at mcdonalds probably have a crappy tv with a crappy response time.

I'm a consolite because I'm not a pc fanboy? I actually do most of my gaming on pc. No need to be so mean.

Input lag and response time are two separate things. http://www.displaylag.com/exposed-input-lag-vs-response-time/

Input lag is more noticable with a mouse than a controller. Mouse allows faster cursor movement, faster turning etc so of course the lag would be more noticable. Low fps is more tolerable with a controller as well.

Some people are so sensitive to input lag they still use crt's for playing fps. Some people are so insensitive to lag they don't even notice when a game isnt using a hardware mouse cursor.

Of course I would never normally connect a pc to hdtv cause once you try a 120hz monitor it's hard to go back to 60.

i'm not saying response time = input lag, but id does depend from it, input lag also depends on post processing effects, but most people don't even activate the advanced features in their tvs. Also i'm saying you are a butthurt consolite because all you do is spread bullsh1t about pc, that you would know if you actually had one but is ok consolites like to talk without having a clue and you act butthurt over pc in every single thread, keep trying.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By Cranler

@Krelian-co said:

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Jankarcop said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

i'm not saying response time = input lag, but id does depend from it, input lag also depends on post processing effects, but most people don't even activate the advanced features in their tvs. Also i'm saying you are a butthurt consolite because all you do is spread bullsh1t about pc, that you would know if you actually had one but is ok consolites like to talk without having a clue and you act butthurt over pc in every single thread, keep trying.

What bs? Monitors are better for gaming than tv's. Plus you can get monitors at 120 and 144hz which is far better than 60hz in even non gaming applications.

Would a consolite bring up hardware mouse implementation?

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT

Cranler, you havenot replied me yet. how is MOH and COD are realistic?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Cranler

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

and yes. old school FPS are now revieve (thanks flying wild hog) now doom 4 is coming out next year.

In CoD enemies at least take cover so it somewhat resembles a real firefight. Enemies just stand still in the open or rush you in old shcool fps. Most of todays fps games find a good balance between realism and tedium. Most people will find simulators like Arma a little too realistic.

Doom 4 is just one game.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

In CoD enemies at least take cover so it somewhat resembles a real firefight. Enemies just stand still in the open or rush you in old shcool fps. Most of todays fps games find a good balance between realism and tedium. Most people will find simulators like Arma a little too realistic.

Doom 4 is just one game.

so enemy take cover make game realistic? its just as arcadey or even more than Doom.

Doom 4 is one game but probably better than most FPS we have seen today. that and obviously next game flying wild hog will make.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

I liked Hard Reset more.

Though I haven't finished Shadow Warrior yet.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Krelian-co

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Jankarcop said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

What bs? Monitors are better for gaming than tv's. Plus you can get monitors at 120 and 144hz which is far better than 60hz in even non gaming applications.

rofl nice evasive, BU BU BU BU you can get 120hz monitors! ofc you can we are talking about regular tvs and monitors at 60 hz and you just ran out of arguments about input lag, keep spreading the bs!

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 SYSTEM-REBOOT

@topgunmv said:

@system-reboot said:

@Cranler said:

@system-reboot said:

I liked Hard Reset more.

Though I haven't finished Shadow Warrior yet.

hard reset have better core gameplay/gunplay but it lack variety and was too short.

they should make hard reset 2 more open, more variety, better pacing like shadow warrior. than it will be one hell of the game.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The only time I've seen input lag while playing games is when I still hooked up my PS2 to my 1080p HDTV and when I hooked up my PS2 to my PC TV tuner card. I haven't had any input lag with my PC hooked up to three different HDTVs (2 x 1080p, 1 x 720p) when using the VGA and/or DVI ports on the TVs.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#269 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Every time a console gamer talks about pc they bring this up.

With the Praysration 4's and the XboxOne, isn't the difference in visuals not negotiable to the point of "who gives a shit"?

Wouldn't an argument of the pc's strengths over consoles be that, rather than movie games with barely any gameplay

It can utilize the mouse and keyboard as "learning forward on a chair" as opposed to "learning back on a couch" nature to produce mature sophisticated games well above what consoles can, or will ever produce?

Do the main two consoles even have "sophisticated" games with "depth" "learning curve" or "complexity"?

We just prefer consoles get over it.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Cranler

@Krelian-co said:

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Jankarcop said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

rofl nice evasive, BU BU BU BU you can get 120hz monitors! ofc you can we are talking about regular tvs and monitors at 60 hz and you just ran out of arguments about input lag, keep spreading the bs!

I already linked a list comparing input lag between monitors and tv's but you only see what you want to see. I didn't say but, I said plus.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Cranler

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I haven't had any input lag with my PC hooked up to three different HDTVs (2 x 1080p, 1 x 720p) when using the VGA and/or DVI ports on the TVs.

Input lag is always there even with the fastest crt monitors. Whether you notice or not is another story.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#272  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59227 Posts

Why can't console games have "real" scale and "cinematic" game play without having "no" game play?

Look at this my fellows, huge, epic scale. Visual showcase (that runs on low end hardware more so than even PS3) yet depth complexity and accessibility? All controllable with ease.

Loading Video...

Compared to a "masterpiece" (of shitness) you just push "forward" button.

Loading Video...

Yet the console people praise it. Non game. Waste of time.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Cranler

@uninspiredcup said:

Why can't console games have "real" scale and "cinematic" game play without having "no" game play?

Look at this my fellows, huge, epic scale. Visual showcase (that runs on low end hardware more so than even PS3) yet depth complexity and accessibility? All controllable with ease.

Loading Video...

Compared to a "masterpiece" (Imagine that word said in a campy highly sarcastic voice) you just push "forward" button.

Loading Video...

Yet the console people praise it? What u on.

Here's another biased gameplay comparison.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Compared to a "masterpiece" (Imagine that word said in a campy highly sarcastic voice) you just push "forward" button.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

My friend, this didn't even make logical sense, also I didn't watch them as my videos are probably better anyway.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 Cranler

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

My friend, this didn't even make logical sense, the foundation of a good argument (as demonstrated by me).

So comparing a cinematic stealth game to a rts makes more sense than comparing 2 shooters?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 uninspiredcup

It was a pretty deep point, it's understandable trouble would arise.

rorytmeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 rorytmeadows
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Extra PCgamer Olive Oil

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Every time you make a thread,I think of this

RexPowerColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By RexPowerColt
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

Being older, I can afford and thus enjoy playing both. So whats your problem?

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#280 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i think yes. for me, pc's are frustrating when it comes to non gaming things. gone are the days of win 95, 98 & xp which were far more user friendly. i used to play a lot of pc games until my sister broke my pc....and its been several years since ive had one of my own

i have reservations about it because i am not tech savy, and have never fixed a pc problem by simply going on google. i just want a plug and play experience, and consoles still do a far better job of that imo. i want to get into pc, but i am not tech savvy and not really a tinkerer. i feel like i would f@ck that thing up. i want a smooth gaming experience....

and i know a lot of pc gamers say im wrong for thinking this.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 Krelian-co

@MonsieurX said:

Every time you make a thread,I think of this

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#282  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@rexpowercolt said:

My problem is that you are not letting that meow meow outside!

rorytmeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By rorytmeadows

@rexpowercolt said:

My problem is you need to take the nerd stuff down off the walls and go out and get laid...

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

The reason I don't game on PC is because I'm garbage with a keyword and mouse. With a controller I'm a million times more coordinated/better. I know you can use controllers on PC games but if your playing a FPS online you're basically playing with a handicap.

For single player games I don't want to sink a ton of money into a PC. Easier to just buy a console.

^reasons why I game on consoles over PC^

rorytmeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By rorytmeadows

@Motokid6: Trolling nerds.

BOOM!

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 jun_aka_pekto

@jsmoke03 said:

gone are the days of win 95, 98 & xp which were far more user friendly.

Wut? ;-) I don't know whether to smile or ROFL.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@rorytmeadows said:

@rexpowercolt said:

My problem is you need to take the nerd stuff down off the walls and go out and get laid...

i suppose you typed that mid-ejaculation?

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

It's a fact that you miss many games if you only game on PC. Same if you only game on consoles. But not as many as PC. Several PC games are actually coming to consoles now that they are powerful enough to run them.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Krelian-co

@rorytmeadows said:

@rexpowercolt said:

you know people who have any kind of self esteem don't have to hide anything to get laid? you on the other hand seem to try too hard to get anything.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@rorytmeadows said:

@Krelian-co: And yet you and this nerd are still virgins. The world needs bullying. It pushes people like you and a few others in this thread to be normal without psychotherapy. My hope is that high school will guide you in the right direction without you shooting up a movie theater.

Oh crud. You are the belligerent idiot that trolls on every single GameSpot article, and constantly at that. Please leave, we have enough of your kind in SW.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Krelian-co

@rorytmeadows said:

@Krelian-co: And yet you and this nerd are still virgins. The world needs bullying. It pushes people like you and a few others in this thread to be normal without psychotherapy. My hope is that high school will guide you in the right direction without you shooting up a movie theater.

say wut? i have the same gf since i was 13 yo, she spent her youth watching me enjoy freaky stuff like anime and gaming and yet she still loves me, get on my level, i don't have to do "socially acceptable stuff" for people to like me, i do what i enjoy. Also never been victim of bullying but you sure seems like you are :(

Get some self steem, grow a pair and stop trying so hard, maybe one day some girl will pity sleep with you xD

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@rorytmeadows said:

Lol, what a loser

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@GOGOGOGURT said:

It's a fact that you miss many games if you only game on PC. Same if you only game on consoles. But not as many as PC. Several PC games are actually coming to consoles now that they are powerful enough to run them.

cool story bro

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#296  Edited By asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@jsmoke03 said:

I don't know about you, but from my experience, MS has seemed more concerned with protecting the user from themselves as opposed to making it more user friendly. Every iteration I need to find where they hide the things I use (simple things like showing and editing file name extensions). This isn't user friendliness, it's user nannying, and it's rather annoying. They just call it more user friendly.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#297 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@lostrib said:

@rorytmeadows said:

Lol, what a loser

So "it" fires up an old alt account just to come to a thread and call someone a virgin? lmao. Also is that post flag worthy? Seems like it should be.

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#298 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

Yes

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@asylumni said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@jsmoke03 said:

I don't know about you, but from my experience, MS has seemed more concerned with protecting the user from themselves as opposed to making it more user friendly. Every iteration I need to find where they hide the things I use (simple things like showing and editing file name extensions). This isn't user friendliness, it's user nannying, and it's rather annoying. They just call it more user friendly.

PC gaming couldn't have gotten any worse than the time of Win 9x because both hardware and software were in transition from old standard to new. PC hardware standards were in transition: motherboards from AT to ATX, expansion slots from ISA to PCI, graphics slots from ISA to both PCI and AGP. Then there was IRQ hell. You had to micromanage your hardware carefully unlike today if all you care about is for the hardware to simply work.

On the software side, the transition was from MS-DOS to Windows 95 and then Direct X. A whole generation of coders had to make the move and some did well. Others didn't. Games were a mish mash of of MS-DOS and native Win 95. There was also the move to 3D-acceleration which had several competing standards at the time. There was the Rendition way, 3dfx way, PowerVR way, and of course, the MS way. You can add OpenGL to the mix.

Windows Explorers now in Windows 7 and 8.1 aren't that markedly different from Win 9x. The Folder Options are still there:

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#300 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto: Yeah, I know it's still there, it was just an example off the top of my head. My point was that each iteration, they move things around and hide things that use to be more readily available. Also, I was more specifically talking about windows, not really the hardware or programming aspects of PC's (though it's still possible to run into odd hardware incompatibilities).