Digital Foundry vs The Last of Us: Remastered

• 183 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib: ...except for those of us who have already played it"

Which obviously you aren't one...otherwise you would have known about joels conversation at the beginning of the game.

I beat the game, I didn't memorize it

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Guess I'll wait until the price drops or will buy an used copy.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@ladyblue said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

It seems like the answer is clear.

If you haven't played it and have a PS4, get This Re-release. If you have a PS3, don't bother getting this game for the PS4, just grab a PS3 copy.

Terrible advice. Why would you advice someone to get a ps3 copy over the ps4, for the same price?

ps3 $30+$20(dlc) =$50

ps4 All dlc included with all of the improvements = $50

I already discussed this with people using Amazon. You can get a much cheaper copy on the PS3. Of course you got users defending left and right over this version so whatever floats your boat.

Not defending either version. If you think it sucks, or that it isn't worth it, then so be it, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'm against terrible advice. In what world does someone recommend the lesser version , when the superior alternative is the same price.

I've checked everywhere the cheapest($18-25 range) are all used. New copy will run you at least $20. Even then It's $40 vs $50 if you want to experience the complete story(dlc is $20), a whopping difference of $10.

As for you shitty attitude, if you don't feel like having a discussion on a message board, then perhaps you should switch to twitter or Instagram.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#155 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

So it does dip even when locked on 30 FPS... well played sony.

Does it matter? seriously.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@gamersjustgame said:

@bldgirsh said:

Yes it does.. It's a PS3 game for **** sake....

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#157  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

A few more hours, wooooooooooot!!! Can't wait to play this in full 60fps glory.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

A few more hours, wooooooooooot!!! Can't wait to play this in full 60fps glory.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@silversix_ said:

For the love of f*ck, don't buy this and support milking. Zero effort went into this... I bet they locked like 6 devs in a basement for 2 months to make this version while the rest are working on UC4.

So bringing a game to a new platform is now milking? I can run with that...

STOP SUPPORTING MULTIPLATS YOU FOOLS!!!! Buy for the first platform announced or ignore the game all together!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@santoron said:

@silversix_ said:

For the love of f*ck, don't buy this and support milking. Zero effort went into this... I bet they locked like 6 devs in a basement for 2 months to make this version while the rest are working on UC4.

STOP SUPPORTING MULTIPLATS YOU FOOLS!!!! Buy for the first platform announced or ignore the game all together!

so lets just put all three Uncharted titles in 1080p on ps4 n call it a day since its a new platform? No thanks, not here to play the same games two generations in a row.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Krelian-co

@silversix_ said:

@santoron said:

@silversix_ said:

so lets just put all three Uncharted titles in 1080p on ps4 n call it a day since its a new platform? No thanks, not here to play the same games two generations in a row.

there is a simple solution: don't buy it. There, problem solved, thank me later.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@silversix_ said:

@santoron said:

@silversix_ said:

there is a simple solution: don't buy it. There, problem solved, thank me later.

WOW thank you

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

ITT: People telling each other what they should do with their money.

WTF SW?? Seriously?

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#164 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Guess they didn't fix the ugly motion blur

for the record last of us looks good, just that motion blur can sometimes look very bad

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#165  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@freedomfreak:

Ground Zeroes on PS4 and X1 is looked at 60fps. Going by frame rate tests, TLoU is not, but is surprisingly consistant!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#167 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@ladyblue said:

Not defending either version. If you think it sucks, or that it isn't worth it, then so be it, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'm against terrible advice. In what world does someone recommend the lesser version , when the superior alternative is the same price.

I've checked everywhere the cheapest($18-25 range) are all used. New copy will run you at least $20. Even then It's $40 vs $50 if you want to experience the complete story(dlc is $20), a whopping difference of $10.

As for you shitty attitude, if you don't feel like having a discussion on a message board, then perhaps you should switch to twitter or Instagram.

Better Version? It's hardly better than the PS3 version. This is like if Nintendo were to release WindWaker HD and do absolutely NOTHING to enhance the game. The Visuals aren't changed, the Boat Sails haven't changed, The Tingle stuff hasn't changed, just straight up Gamecube quality Windwaker. OH BUT WAIT YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN 30 FPS TO 60 FPS! WHAT A DEAL!

That's The Last of Us "Remastered" or we should really be considering it "Re-Release" for another platform. It's a simple Cash Grab, considering Microsoft is offering a "Remaster" of the same caliber, bringing Halo 4 to the Xbox One, BUT it's BETTER because it's coming with 3 other games, one that happens to be getting a Remaster and it looks GREAT considering that game came out 10 years ago.

So consider the following. In another thread I offered the price points for all the games, the main thing people are pointing out is the story DLC is $15. Guess what you can get The Last of Us for the PS3 for at least $20 now. Add that $15 and you got yourself the Remaster for $35.

$35 vs $50 The Answer's pretty clear.

It's just that simple.

Of course this is assuming you have a PS3. If you don't, then that's a shame because PS3 has some pretty cool titles. Other than that I think many of you should feel a little bit cheated out, because this game does not offer more than what the PS3 title gives, Thankfully it doesn't also Lessen the Value either, I just think people should go for the Cheaper option because who doesn't want to save money? and I don't want the industry to think that These types remasters are what WE want. This gives companies a GREATER excuse to skimp out on Backwards Compatibility.

While Nintendo is constantly trying find a good medium to where we can play ALL of our Nintendo games, Sony (the freakin' company that pretty musch started today's backwards compatibility) is backing off from the entire thing just so they can pull stuff LIKE THIS. Resell Last Generation games for a quick buck because you want it. It's all nice and dandy when it's a game that's not in the market anymore and becomes readily available again, like Earthbound or Sonic Adventure or Marvel vs Capcom, but when it starts to become games that were available JUST a year ago and it's still readily available, I go against that. It's why I avoided Batman Arkham City for WiiU, It's why I was against Tomb Raider "Definitive" Edition, and it's why I'm against this Remaster. The only reason I'm not totally against GTA V "Remaster" or whatever it is because I'm considering that the PC release which is what usually happens, PC always have to wait a year for Rockstar stuff.....unless it's like Max Payne or something.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#168 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Better Version? It's hardly better than the PS3 version. This is like if Nintendo were to release WindWaker HD and do absolutely NOTHING to enhance the game. The Visuals aren't changed, the Boat Sails haven't changed, The Tingle stuff hasn't changed, just straight up Gamecube quality Windwaker. OH BUT WAIT YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN 30 FPS TO 60 FPS! WHAT A DEAL!

That's The Last of Us "Remastered" or we should really be considering it "Re-Release" for another platform. It's a simple Cash Grab, considering Microsoft is offering a "Remaster" of the same caliber, bringing Halo 4 to the Xbox One, BUT it's BETTER because it's coming with 3 other games, one that happens to be getting a Remaster and it looks GREAT considering that game came out 10 years ago.

So consider the following. In another thread I offered the price points for all the games, the main thing people are pointing out is the story DLC is $15. Guess what you can get The Last of Us for the PS3 for at least $20 now. Add that $15 and you got yourself the Remaster for $35.

It's just that simple.

Of course this is assuming you have a PS3. If you don't, then that's a shame because PS3 has some pretty cool titles. Other than that I think many of you should feel a little bit cheated out, because this game does not offer more than what the PS3 title gives, Thankfully it doesn't also Lessen the Value either, I just think people should go for the Cheaper option because who doesn't want to save money? and I don't want the industry to think that These types remasters are what WE want. This gives companies a GREATER excuse to skimp out on Backwards Compatibility.

While Nintendo is constantly trying find a good medium to where we can play ALL of our Nintendo games, Sony (the freakin' company that pretty musch started today's backwards compatibility) is backing off from the entire thing just so they can pull stuff LIKE THIS. Resell Last Generation games for a quick buck because you want it. It's all nice and dandy when it's a game that's not in the market anymore and becomes readily available again, like Earthbound or Sonic Adventure or Marvel vs Capcom, but when it starts to become games that were available JUST a year ago and it's still readily available, I go against that. It's why I avoided Batman Arkham City for WiiU, It's why I was against Tomb Raider "Definitive" Edition, and it's why I'm against this Remaster. The only reason I'm not totally against GTA V "Remaster" or whatever it is because I'm considering that the PC release which is what usually happens, PC always have to wait a year for Rockstar stuff.....unless it's like Max Payne or something.

Wow, be a little bit more mad about it.

I'll be sure to think of your post tonight when I'm playing TLoU on my Playstation 4. Well, no, not really.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 LegatoSkyheart

@Dire_Weasel said:

Wow, be a little bit more mad about it.

I'll be sure to think of your post tonight when I'm playing TLoU on my Playstation 4. Well, no, not really.

Power to you I guess.

Be sure to pick up God of War Complete when Sony decides to put that on PS4 too.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 MirkoS77

@LegatoSkyheart said:

It's just that simple.

Hardly better than the PS3 version? You have played it?

If you haven't played the remaster, how do you know? I don't know if you've played the PS3 version, I'll assume by the way you're talking you have. If you have, you'd know that if you've spent any amount of time that the framerate is not a minor improvement, it is a major one. Not only does the game run smoother, it plays much better. In addition, the textures have been upgraded. The DLC is included. Load times are faster. There is in-game commentary in cutscenes. There is photo-mode (this is not a small inclusion, it's amazing), it includes "Grounded: the making of TLoU", a 1+ hour documentary that takes us through the creation of the game. You can tweak controls, there's new audio options, the DS4 speaker is used.

$50.

How is all of that a "simple cash grab"? I'm so sick of hearing this bullshit, as if ND and Sony simply threw this on the PS4 with nary a care and are asking full price. THAT would be a cash grab. No, I'm sorry, there is great value there and you don't get to tell me otherwise. TLoU arrived at a time in the PS3's life that would not enable it to live a full life at retail. It makes business sense to maximize on their investment, they are giving a discount on it (more than Nintendo does) and to help introduce the IP to a new audience while at the same time helping fully realize its potential on new hardware.

There's nothing wrong with what they're doing, in fact I'm glad Sony is allowing this IP to get the treatment it deserves.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 LegatoSkyheart

@MirkoS77 said:

If you haven't played the remaster, how do you know? I don't know if you've played the PS3 version, I'll assume by the way you're talking you have. If you have, you'd know that if you've spent any amount of time that the framerate is not a minor improvement, it is a major one. Not only does the game run smoother, it plays much better. In addition, the textures have been upgraded. The DLC is included. Load times are faster. There is in-game commentary in cutscenes. There is photo-mode (this is not a small inclusion, it's amazing), it includes "Grounded: the making of TLoU", a 1+ hour documentary that takes us through the creation of the game. You can tweak controls, there's new audio options, the DS4 speaker is used.

$50.

How is all of that a "simple cash grab"? I'm so sick of hearing this bullshit, as if ND and Sony simply threw this on the PS4 with nary a care and are asking full price. THAT would be a cash grab. No, I'm sorry, there is great value there and you don't get to tell me otherwise. TLoU arrived at a time in the PS3's life that would not enable it to live a full life at retail. It makes business sense to maximize on their investment, they are giving a discount on it (more than Nintendo does) and to help introduce the IP to a new audience while at the same time helping fully realize its potential on new hardware.

There's nothing wrong with what they're doing, in fact I'm glad Sony is allowing this IP to get the treatment it deserves.

Defending your purchase, I see.

Have fun with the game. The Last of Us is enjoyable, but I find it very hard to justify this Remaster's Existence. Better Frames or not, it's still a crappy way to deal with the Lack of Backwards compatibility.

Paying $50 for a Year Sub of PS+ is a better deal considering this game will eventually become free on there anyway.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 MirkoS77

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@MirkoS77 said:

$50.

Defending your purchase, I see.

Have fun with the game. The Last of Us is enjoyable, but I find it very hard to justify this Remaster's Existence. Better Frames or not, it's still a crappy way to deal with the Lack of Backwards compatibility.

Paying $50 for a Year Sub of PS+ is a better deal considering this game will eventually become free on there anyway.

I'm not insecure with my purchase by any means, it's because I'm satisfied with my purchase that I take issue with your post. I just find it frustrating when people claim it's only done barely anything to improve it and then use that as ironclad proof that it's barely better when in reality there are numerous improvements that drastically impact the enjoyment. I'll assume by your lack of response you've not played the remaster. Well I have, it's quite a bit better, and your statement really comes off as nothing more than ignorant fanboy dribble, tbh, and I take issue with ignorance and the spreading of misinformation. The game is out. We're past that point now.

"It's hardly better than the PS3 version. This is like if Nintendo were to release WindWaker HD and do absolutely NOTHING to enhance the game."

"Absolutely NOTHING"? Again, on what basis do you claim this? I see you conveniently ignored everything else I noted it includes which certainly don't amount to nothing. If you're going to criticize this, at least attempt to be fair in your knowledge of what you're criticizing. You seem to be fundamentally against cash-grabs (of which I agree with you) and are using that here without actually taking into account specifics, but this is not what I'd consider a cash-grab at all. Effort has been put in, and this becomes apparent when you play it.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 LegatoSkyheart

@MirkoS77 said:

I'm not insecure with my purchase by any means, it's because I'm satisfied with my purchase that I take issue with your post. I just find it frustrating when people claim it's only done barely anything to improve it and then use that as ironclad proof that it's barely better when in reality there are numerous improvements that drastically impact the enjoyment. I'll assume by your lack of response you've not played the remaster. Well I have, it's quite a bit better, and your statement really comes off as nothing more than ignorant fanboy dribble, tbh, and I take issue with ignorance and the spreading of misinformation. The game is out. We're past that point now.

"It's hardly better than the PS3 version. This is like if Nintendo were to release WindWaker HD and do absolutely NOTHING to enhance the game."

"Absolutely NOTHING"? Again, on what basis do you claim this? I see you conveniently ignored everything else I noted it includes which certainly don't amount to nothing. If you're going to criticize this, at least attempt to be fair in your knowledge of what you're criticizing. You seem to be fundamentally against cash-grabs (of which I agree with you) and are using that here without actually taking into account specifics, but this is not what I'd consider a cash-grab at all. Effort has been put in, and this becomes apparent when you play it.

Windwaker HD added a Red Sail that makes it faster to go to island to island. It also adds the locations of the Triforce Pieces to your map so it makes that quest easier to go by and it changes the Tingle stuff to Miiverse integration. Not to mention the over all look of the game.

The Equivalent to The Last of Us on PS3 and PS4 is about the same as playing it on either system. It just seems like a waste. I already stated my reasons and you apparently can't shake off that I don't really care for this version of the game, in fact I don't a REASON to even get this game. All it does (to me) is show that People are more willing to buy stuff like this so Companies can do less and less to satisfy your wants. Uncharted Trilogy could come out and you would gobble it all up. Why? Because they promised 1080p and 60 fps.

Now you may go ahead and play your game and justify your purchase and that's fine and dandy many of us rebuy and replay a lot of games, I just don't like how they're saying this is a "Remaster" when it's really not, at all.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#177 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Naughty GODS.

This ^^

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts
@walloftruth said:
@amazonangry said:

Which obviously you aren't one...otherwise you would have known about joels conversation at the beginning of the game.

Nah, he's just a PC gamer, they so many good games every month that it's hard to remember some game from last year. I know you still remember it though, right xboxdone74? I know you can remember all that stuff because you only get a good game every few month, greatness just keeps waiting, huh? :)

No I totally agree. So many good games to play.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By lostrib

@amazonangry said:
@walloftruth said:
@amazonangry said:

Nah, he's just a PC gamer, they so many good games every month that it's hard to remember some game from last year. I know you still remember it though, right xboxdone74? I know you can remember all that stuff because you only get a good game every few month, greatness just keeps waiting, huh? :)

No I totally agree. So many good games to play.

...you actually took the time to edit out any of the games rated 7+?

well at least you didn't challenge the fact that I've played TLOU

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#180 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

LOL the so called Remaster even lacks AO in plants and some buildings, and it doesn't seem to use the character models from cut-scenes according to DF's Face-off.

GG Lying Dog, idiots running to the stores with $50 on their hands like brainless morons.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@lostrib: what are you talking about? And I already said I'm not gifting you anymore games. You wanna play TLOU, buy it yourself.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 lostrib

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib: what are you talking about? And I already said I'm not gifting you anymore games. You wanna play TLOU, buy it yourself.

I already own it and beaten it.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Krelian-co

@amazonangry said:

on one hand we have someone who has a gaming pc and console, on the other hand we have a peasant who can only afford a console, thus spends his time making bs on the internet about gaming pc because he can't afford it. Yeah....stay jelly dear peasant.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 lostrib

@Krelian-co said:

@amazonangry said:

on one hand we have someone who has a gaming pc and console, on the other hand we have a peasant who can only afford a console, thus spends his time making bs on the internet about gaming pc because he can't afford it. Yeah....

For anyone wondering, i'm this one-->"someone who has a gaming pc and console"

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@santoron said:

@silversix_ said:

But that's just it: you aren't the market for for this type of release. You've played the popular first party titles from the PS3, and have no desire to replay. That's cool, and if I had played this game I'd pass too. I passed on Tomb Raider for the same reason.

Sony's polling is showing about 1/3 of PS4 owners owned a different brand of console last gen, and about one in six skipped gen 7 all together. That's an audience of 4 million+ gamers already that had no chance to play this game. Add in those that had a PS3 but never grabbed the game the first time around (like me and ~90% of PS3 owners) and it's easy to find a sizable audience that Does want the game for PS4 without even thinking about anyone "double dipping". It's the same reason publishers go multiplat with games even a year or more after release. It's part of why Asteroidsâ„¢ still sells today.

The manpower and money needed to port an existing title to another system is insignificant compared to creating a AAA title from scratch. It isn't like they stopped making new games to make this happen, nor is this some new phenomenon that will bring gaming to ruin. I just see no reason to be anymore upset about this than any other multiplat or GoTY release. It's like screaming at them for making a Vita version of The Show insert Vita joke here.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Krelian-co said:

@amazonangry said:

on one hand we have someone who has a gaming pc and console, on the other hand we have a peasant who can only afford a console, thus spends his time making bs on the internet about gaming pc because he can't afford it. Yeah....

For anyone wondering, i'm this one-->"someone who has a gaming pc and console"

Sorry, I don't understand peasant tongue.

I kid :P

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Don't see much of an improvement.

Think i'll stick with the PS3 version. Not going to be milked by Sony

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#188 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@nutcrackr said:

Guess they didn't fix the ugly motion blur

for the record last of us looks good, just that motion blur can sometimes look very bad

Yeah, that's the only thing that really stands out when I fired it up last night. Looks really bad... wish you could turn it off.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

@gamersjustgame said:

@bldgirsh said:

Yes it does.. It's a PS3 game for **** sake....

Whats your point?