DF: World's most powerful console struggles to run PUBG!!!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

And yet, Sony still took E3 away from MS! The x1x is the ONLY platform you really don't need to own as of now. Yeah, it plays multiplats better than the pro, but the pc plays the SAME exact multiplats better than the x1x. However Sony have these things called exclusives that can't be played anywhere else, Nintendo, and the pc a l do have more than one of these type of games as well also. The only plat form that have only one of these delicacies is the x1. MS had a whole year to counter what the pro was, so Sony losing that battle was inevitable. All of this is passing off to me nothing more than personal glorification, and if that's the case, carry on.

BTW: the ps4 doesn't only have sales, but exclusive games as well.

If you want to believe that but it would be faaarrrrr from a fact.

It's the only platform YOU don't really need to own. If you really want to get technical, no one needs to own any console period. If you don't game on PC, and there are a lot of people that don't, and you're into MSs 1st party games AND multiplayer heavy games, then IT is a must have. Unless you're trying to say you opinion is the only one that matters to the rest of the world? Are you?

So everyone that games on the consoles also games on the PC?

If you're not into Sony's exclusives? Once again it seems as though you think YOUR opinion is the only one that matters. You need to readjust your thinking amigo.

So the X1 doesn't have ANY exclusives? How many of these exclusives make up the total library? But if a person doesn't game on a PC how many of the games the X1 shares with PC can be played on the PS4?

And aside from sales those exclusives are entirely up to the individual as far as being worth owning one over.

This last reply makes you sound like every other Sony drone around here, hiding behind PC and thinking YOUR opinion is the only one that matters.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#302 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#303 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

They couldn't lock the game at 60 with a Titan. So I guess PUBG will be optimal on console by 2030

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@kingtito:

1st off, I'm typing this on a phone so incorrect spelling may be present seeing that auto correct can and will work against me. Me thinking that Sony had a better e3 is an opinion, however the ps4 having more higher rated exclusives is a FACT. The x1x being more powerful is a FACT. PS4 having less of it's exclusive library shared with the pc than the x1, is a FACT. The ps4 having more exclusives that you won't be able to play anywhere else than the x1, is a FACT. The x1x having more native 4k games than the pro, is a FACT. The pro costing 100 bucks less, while the underpowered x1 was either the same price as or 100 bucks more (if you got one at launch) than the more powerful ps4, is a FACT. It all boils down to personal preference at the end, but most of what I said was purely based off FACTS.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

1st off, I'm typing this on a phone so incorrect spelling may be present seeing that auto correct can and will work against me. Me thinking that Sony had a better e3 is an opinion, however the ps4 having more higher rated exclusives is a FACT. The x1x being more powerful is a FACT. PS4 having less of it's exclusive library shared with the pc than the x1, is a FACT. The ps4 having more exclusives that you won't be able to play anywhere else than the x1, is a FACT. The x1x having more native 4k games than the pro, is a FACT. The pro costing 100 bucks less, while the underpowered x1 was either the same price as or 100 bucks more (if you got one at launch) than the more powerful ps4, is a FACT. It all boils down to personal preference at the end, but most of what I said was purely based off FACTS.

I'm no grammar Nazi amigo. I don't care how you write or spell on here

Higher rated exclusives based on opinions of reviewers. A better library still comes down to individual taste and not which has more and higher scores unless it's the metagame and since we're not playing it anymore, then it remains subjective.

Most of what you said are facts except for which has a better library and the X1 not being needed. Those aren't facts and are based entirely on the individual.

Fact - PS4 sold more than twice as many X1s
Fact - PS4 has more exclusives

Opinion - PS4 has a better game library
Opinion - X1 isn't needed <----- the entire reason posted to you in the 1st place

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@phbz said:

They couldn't lock the game at 60 with a Titan. So I guess PUBG will be optimal on console by 2030

Ultra settings on PUBG is just unplayable since the game is in beta.

On High settings I get 50-60FPS at 4K in the loading area and during gameplay its 60-70FPS average with a 1080 Ti and a i5.

The X1X is runs the game on medium with some things on low and high settings... My old GTX 1070 did a better job than that, giving me 40-50FPS on Medium at 4K.

The X1X is running on the same performance of a GTX 1060/RX 580 with a i3... Which isn't a surprise since the game is locked to 4 cores and the X1X has a 2.3GHz CPU that has a lower per core performance of even the first generation of i3's.

Personally I would have stuck the game at 1080p 60FPS on High settings for the X1X... But parity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: 1080p locked 30fps on high settings would be fine. Of all games pushing for 4k on this one... I don't get it.

Still it's concerning that PUBG team is working with MS tech support and the game runs unstable as hell.

Anyway I must say I've been playing it and still having lots of fun.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@phbz said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: 1080p locked 30fps on high settings would be fine. Of all games pushing for 4k on this one... I don't get it.

Still it's concerning that PUBG team is working with MS tech support and the game runs unstable as hell.

You think that's concerning? Have you ever dealt with MS tech support? Lol Not the brightest bunch of bulbs over there.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@phbz said:

I have been addicted to the game since it came out. I can't stop playing it. Its just a shame that developers push settings to breaking point on consoles... Its the main reason why I hate gaming on consoles, I don't mind the controller handicap and the settings I rarely care what its running on, but man I cannot forgive poor framerates.

This game is meant to be played at 60FPS. The X1X is being handicapped by that POS Xbone hardware. The X1X is capable of playing this game at 1080 60FPS.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#310 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

MS are offering refunds, LOL.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Its obvious they are pretty desperate for games.. Trying to hype up a game and release it in this state (and think that is ok) is a mistake.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

The worlds most PS Boring console runs PUBG at 0 fps. Cry Mooaaar. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Many/most (?) PC gamers aren't running at locked 60 either. I take locked 30 over fluctuating higher FPS if you give me the choice.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#314 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@phbz said:

I have been addicted to the game since it came out. I can't stop playing it. Its just a shame that developers push settings to breaking point on consoles... Its the main reason why I hate gaming on consoles, I don't mind the controller handicap and the settings I rarely care what its running on, but man I cannot forgive poor framerates.

This game is meant to be played at 60FPS. The X1X is being handicapped by that POS Xbone hardware. The X1X is capable of playing this game at 1080 60FPS.

It's not, it could be 720p, 360p and it still wouldn't do 60

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@phbz said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: Many/most (?) PC gamers aren't running at locked 60 either. I take locked 30 over fluctuating higher FPS if you give me the choice.

Most optimise the games settings to get a playable frame rate which is dependant on what you find appealing.

I personally change the setting around in games in order to get my framerate at 40-50FPS during the demanding parts if its a MP game so it doesn't go lower. Most of the PC gamers I have known and game with regularily do the same if they have a 60Hz display... A friend of mine with a 144Hz 1440p display plays the game at medium settings at 1440p in order to get a 80-90FPS average.

The only people I have come across that play at 30FPS on PC are gamers who have no choice, as in their hardware is outdated and or console level.

You cannot look at benchmarks on PC and say PC isn't doing 60FPS... We have settings we can change. And we do... If I run PUBG on my PC at the X1X settings I would be getting 100FPS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@DragonfireXZ95: By tech support I don't mean costumer help lines, I mean hardware and software engineers that have been supporting developers for the X. Apparently Microsoft have been giving this game extra support.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@phbz: Here's what I get with X1X PUBG settings... Medium with High textures. Never drops below 60FPS... Stays in the Mid 70's low 80's.

A GTX 1060 on X1X settings will get better framerates than the X1X easy.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By SecretPolice

I'm getting Mighty X1X MonsterBox MasterRace performance results somewhere between 1070 and 1080. Closer to a 1080, perhaps a little better.

Man this Box Rocks. :P

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@SecretPolice: Now I know you must be a mocking a Xbox fanboy... You cannot be real man.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 SecretPolice

@Grey_Eyed_Elf:

I'zzz just calls'em as I see'em. Nuttin but the Fax mam.

Mah heart goes out to those who spent thousands on a Pee Salty Sea a year or two ago and now are crying because a box for just 5 bills blows'em outta the water. Eh, live & learn.. Right? :P

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@SecretPolice said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf:

Mah heart goes out to those who spent thousands on a Pee Salty Sea a year or two ago and now are crying because a box for just 5 bills blows'em outta the water. Eh, live & learn.. Right? :P

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@phbz said:

On High settings I get 50-60FPS at 4K in the loading area and during gameplay its 60-70FPS average with a 1080 Ti and a i5.

The X1X is runs the game on medium with some things on low and high settings... My old GTX 1070 did a better job than that, giving me 40-50FPS on Medium at 4K.

The X1X is running on the same performance of a GTX 1060/RX 580 with a i3... Which isn't a surprise since the game is locked to 4 cores and the X1X has a 2.3GHz CPU that has a lower per core performance of even the first generation of i3's.

Personally I would have stuck the game at 1080p 60FPS on High settings for the X1X... But parity.

1. Considering the RX580 has higher raw specs it should be expected that X performs around that level.

2. The game is CPU limited, dropping the resolution down from 4k to 1080p won't all of a sudden make the CPU powerful enough to hit 60fps.... that's computing 101.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By SecretPolice

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@SecretPolice said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf:

Lolol

:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: That's a CPU issue not GPU. And of course on PC you can adjust performance according to your settings and unless you have an ancient CPU you will easily outperform the console version. Still the game runs suboptimal on PCs unless you decide to downgrade it.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@scatteh316 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@phbz said:

1. Considering the RX580 has higher raw specs it should be expected that X performs around that level.

2. The game is CPU limited, dropping the resolution down from 4k to 1080p won't all of a sudden make the CPU powerful enough to hit 60fps.... that's computing 101.

Its a combination of CPU and GPU in this game. 60FPS should be achievable Medium to High settings:

Here's a i3 with a GTX 1060...

Loading Video...

That being said you are right, the game probably wouldn't be able to handle a solid 60FPS since the X1X's CPU is very poor.

AMD CPU?... What where they thinking.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#326  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

For all the poor and jeallous Sony fanboys,

It runs great, only bad when the match just starts with the plane after that a good steady 30 fps.

Keep on crying

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@phbz said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: That's a CPU issue not GPU. And of course on PC you can adjust performance according to your settings and unless you have an ancient CPU you will easily outperform the console version. Still the game runs suboptimal on PCs unless you decide to downgrade it.

Oh yeah... Its a early access game they all run at half the framerate you would expected to get. Its why I detest early access games... Ark for example is the biggest POS I have ever played in my life.

Still playable on PC with a i5 and a mid level GPU. Consoles are just a bad choice when it comes to poorly optimised games since you cannot change the settings to smooth out the performance. I cannot imagine playing PUBG for long sessions at 15-30FPS, that would frustrate the hell out of me.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 scatteh316

@speedfog said:

It runs great, only bad when the match just starts with the plane after that a good steady 30 fps.

Keep on crying

Maybe you should try watching the same video everyone else did....

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#329 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@dxmcat: This is not the first Early preview title they released, Ark was one of the first ones and ran really bad at first and got much better later on. Most of their early preview titles went to full release later on after numerous patches, so that is the expectation with this one, but even in the description they tell you the game may never release, etc.

Personally to me PUBG runs overall better than I expected on day 1, in the sense that even though it has performance issues, it was very playable for me and I had several matches without issues. Other early previous titles in the past were worse on day 1 and even those got better later on. So for me this is all within my expectations

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#330 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

They are offering for every game at launch a refund, compare that to Sony...

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
@speedfog said:

Keep on crying

Really only when you jump out the plane?... Hmmm

All that while looking this compared to PC medium settings...

Life gets a lot easier when you learn accept reality.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By SecretPolice

@speedfog said:

Keep on crying

You can include Pee Salty Seas and silly sheep trying to pass off their low tech handheld as a console in that equation as well. My goodness the Salt is real. :P

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@speedfog said:
@Random_Matt said:

They are offering for every game at launch a refund, compare that to Sony...

Shhhhhhhhhhh! Dont let the fanboys know about the great features Micosoft has been adding. It will get their little panties in a wad like oh Random_Matt!

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#334 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

What an ugly mess.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a411408acdf8
deactivated-5a411408acdf8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#335  Edited By deactivated-5a411408acdf8
Member since 2010 • 390 Posts

10-15 fps is more cinematic.

Seriously tho. What did they expect. PUBG is terribly optimized and CPU demanding. Xbox One S and X uses ultra low-end CPU's.

Jaguar was made for tablets and netbooks, back in 2013.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@SecretPolice: Now I know you must be a mocking a Xbox fanboy... You cannot be real man.

I'm surprised he keeps up his shtick for as long as he does. That's some dedication there.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

Honestly, with the realistic ballistics model and general nature of the game, I don't think it would play that great even at a locked 30 FPS. Sniping must be really tough and high FPS is essential for the close fighting, where grenades are going off and players are vaulting through windows.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#338 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@whalefish82 said:

Honestly, with the realistic ballistics model and general nature of the game, I don't think it would play that great even at a locked 30 FPS. Sniping must be really tough and high FPS is essential for the close fighting, where grenades are going off and players are vaulting through windows.

Well it would sure be a lot better than this. I don't understand why they don't have an xbox one x performance version. They always say how much better a gpu is than a cpu when it comes to computing tasks. Well they should have taken advantage of this to make the game run smoother. Who cares about 4k graphics if you can't even get a stable 30 fps in a multiplayer shooter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@commander: That would make X players to have a big advantage over base model. I'm completely OK with the 30fps and I own the X. They just REALLY have to lock it.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@mastershake575 said:
@Jag85 said:

To make it run well on the X, it would need to be re-programmed and optimized for the GPU. But Christmas might already be gone by the time that happens. The X needs PUBG as a killer app for Christmas, so Microsoft rushed it.

You can only optimize it so much when the CPU is that weak. In a large open world with 100 players and tons of action, CPU is NOT something you want to skimp on. They'll patch it to make it less choppy but there not gonna perform any miracles with what they have.

Well they could drop it from Native 4K to 1440p for starters. I'm sure that would help some and yes they could always put some of the CPU workload to GPGPU programming, but that takes time to implement and optimize.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#341 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

PUBG looks like PC master race turd graphics. Whats the point of X or PC... Uncharted 4 looks 100 times better lol

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By scatteh316

@emgesp said:
@mastershake575 said:
@Jag85 said:

To make it run well on the X, it would need to be re-programmed and optimized for the GPU. But Christmas might already be gone by the time that happens. The X needs PUBG as a killer app for Christmas, so Microsoft rushed it.

You can only optimize it so much when the CPU is that weak. In a large open world with 100 players and tons of action, CPU is NOT something you want to skimp on. They'll patch it to make it less choppy but there not gonna perform any miracles with what they have.

Well they could drop it from Native 4K to 1440p for starters. I'm sure that would help some and yes they could always put some of the CPU workload to GPGPU programming, but that takes time to implement and optimize.

A straight resolution drop will do nothing...... They need to do something to release more CPU cycles...... They would have to move physics to the GPU or reduce on screen objects.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#343  Edited By Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Instead of grabbing any excuse to bash the X1X, have any of you actually considered that the issues lie with the game itself?

These performance issues don't surprise me at all. The game launched as an early access title and isn't fully optimised. The game runs like trash on PC too and that's been out for nearly a year.

These sort of arguments always amaze me - even though the console has already demonstrated its power with Forza, Assassin's Creed and Wolfenstein, an early access title is enough for them to suddenly forget all of that and write the system off completely.

To me, this thread just smacks of insecurity and all because PS4 fans simply can't swallow their pride.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 scatteh316

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

Instead of grabbing any excuse to bash the X1X, have any of you actually considered it might be the issues lie with the game itself?

These performance issues don't surprise me at all. The game launched as an early access title and isn't fully optimised. The game runs like trash on PC too and that's been out for nearly a year.

These sort of arguments always amaze me - even though the console has already demonstrated its power with Forza, Assassin's Creed and Wolfenstein, an early access title is enough for them to suddenly forget all of that and write the system off completely.

To me, this thread just smacks of insecurity and all because PS4 fans simply can't swallow their pride.

Swallow what?

1. The most sales

2. The system with most new IP's in development

3.The system with the most successful new IP in years (Horizon:ZD)

4. The system with the most support?

5. The system with the most potential AAA/AAAAE games yet to come?

6. The system with the highest rated games

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#345  Edited By Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@scatteh316: Only 1 and 2 are correct and I'm fine with that. Quantity over quality and the Xbox community is infinitely more pleasant than the PS4's.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By SecretPolice

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

I'm surprised he keeps up his shtick for as long as he does. That's some dedication there.

Huh, shtick... shtick you say????? Why won't anyone take me cereal?.... Because......

Lolol :P

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

It's too bad the one promising game with PS2 graphics is struggling to perform on the Xb1X.

What the hell is Microsoft thinking? Now is NOT the time to put a half-finished, glitchfest game as the frontrunning steed for a holiday release. NOW would have been the time to release a polished and well-received game to show off the hardware's capability.

PUBG just continues to make a joke of the Xbox brand.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#348 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@KillzoneSnake said:

PUBG looks like PC master race turd graphics. Whats the point of X or PC... Uncharted 4 looks 100 times better lol

A lot of people don't buy their consoles to watch movies.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

If you all have not seen this yet:

If you go to your system setting and go to preferences, broadcast and capture, and uncheck allow broadcast and game captures you will gain a pretty good amount of performance. I did it and it made a pretty good difference on my X.

Some people believe it has something to do with the game streaming 30 seconds of video to the hard drive at all time so it is causing the game to slow down. I am sure it is a bug that will be ironed out. This game ran like shit when it was first released on computers also. They are just not getting to acceptable levels of performance, but I still read it has its issues. Just hope it is all ironed out when the game actually releases, because it is a lot of fun.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#350 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@StormyJoe said:

If it runs that bad on XB1X, then it probably is unplayable on PS4.

Whoa! I haven't seen you in forever! How have you been?

If PS4 drops the res, it'll perform similarly. They have very similar CPU's.

I'm good. I don't visit the forms consistently that much anymore, kinda do it in spurts!