DF: World's most powerful console struggles to run PUBG!!!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Litchie said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Litchie said:

I don't get why people talk about how an unfinished game runs. It's not finished. No wonder it doesn't run good. Even bigger mystery is that so many idiots are willing to give them money for an unfinished game. Thanks for destroying gaming, guys. Appreciated.

There are no cutscenes, no dialogue, just 100% pure unadulterated gameplay. This is something many system wars guys seem to covet, yet when a game comes out and people give them money, all of a sudden they are destroying gaming?

What I mean is that the developers have now got the message that selling unfinished games is A-OK with gamers. In my book, it isn't. Let people beta test your game all you want, but don't sell something that isn't complete ffs. PUBG success will be looked upon by other devs who also will attempt to sell unfinished games. This is a trend in the making that will probably suck humoungous balls. Just saying..

What are you even talking about. They have pretty much let everyone know that this game is in game preview and that it is not a complete game. All you people acting like this is the released game need to cool your jets. If they get to release and the game still performs the same then we can riot in the streets. Right now this game is in early release which is fine. They say it on the box, they say it where you purchase the game digitally, and they say it on a nag screen.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#252 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

The one flagship title for the one X and it can't even run the game properly. Nice.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

@Xabiss:

Eh, you must excuse him, he hates anything and everything MS/Xbox and takes Mighty offence if you don't praise everything Nintendont. lol :P

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

Got a link backing that claim? From what I remember, all Sony claimed with the pro was that it was a more powerful ps4 with the capabilities of running games in 4k. It was MS claiming that their .5 iteration was the mother of all consoles.

But it is the mother of all consoles. Most powerful in the history of consoles.

Sony was touting the Pro's power....until the X1X reveal. They were shook after that

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@kingtito said:
@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

Got a link backing that claim? From what I remember, all Sony claimed with the pro was that it was a more powerful ps4 with the capabilities of running games in 4k. It was MS claiming that their .5 iteration was the mother of all consoles.

Sony was touting the Pro's power....until the X1X reveal. They were shook after that

Actually we are all laughing at the 12fps dude. I'm sorry you took that as us being shooked :(

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Bread_or_Decide

@cainetao11 said:

@creepywelps: I experienced none of that last night during 4 hours playing. But knock yourself out, ill keep playing.

I personally don't care about frame rates and resolutions. So I totally get what you're saying. But microsoft and sony started this stupid trend, and now they have to live with the repercussions.

And I LOVED doom on the switch at 30fps.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 kingtito

@daredevils2k said:
@kingtito said:
@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

Actually we are all laughing at the 12fps dude. I'm sorry you took that as us being shooked :(

Who's we? You work for Sony? BTW how well does the Pro play the game? Oh wait, I'm guessing you have a "gaming PC" to hide behind.

Most powerful console ever created......shook

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Bread_or_Decide

@Pedro said:

The the game looks awful and performs awful. What the hell is happening behind the scenes of this game?

Par for the course for PUBG. PC gamers brag about graphics but their most popular games all look so bad.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Somebody found the settings for pugb:

xbox one:

xbox one x:

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#260  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I'm not going through the 6 pages of this mess, but who the hell thought PUBG was gonna run well on any console? It runs like crap on the vast majority of PCs. The framerate dips on my i7 6700k at 4.6 ghz with 32 gbs of RAM and a GTX 1080.

The game is an unoptimized mess.

This is not a consoles fault. Anybody faulting the console is an idiot. There's just no other way to put it. You're daft and you've made your opinions irrelevant from here on out.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Wasdie  Moderator

@Gatygun said:

xbox one:

xbox one x:

So on top of the core game being an absolute technical disaster even on the PC, they did a terrible job porting it. Lovely.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Maybe they can try utilizing The Cloud and bump the performance.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@Wasdie said:
@Gatygun said:

xbox one:

xbox one x:

So on top of the core game being an absolute technical disaster even on the PC, they did a terrible job porting it. Lovely.

This probably how it went down:

Microsoft demands:

Bag of money if you guys give us pugb on xbox:

1) 4k resolution on x

2) get it on there

Devs:

1) port game straight towards xbox

2) select 4k resolution in the config

3) slide slider down to get some what decent playable solution

4) profit.

5) never look back, and let it die out.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 daredevils2k

@kingtito said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kingtito said:
@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

Who's we? You work for Sony? BTW how well does the Pro play the game? Oh wait, I'm guessing you have a "gaming PC" to hide behind.

I actually work for Sony ELITE TASK FORCE SQUAD ALPHA.

"BTW how well does the Pro play the game" It doesn't play it, but how are you enjoying the 8-bit like frame rates?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: PUBG doesn’t look bad on a good PC. Okay it’s not the best looking game but it’s certainly better than bad. The new map on the test server looks great, runs butter smooth and has an insane draw distance.

The xbox version will get better over time as well I imagine.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@Gatygun said:
@Wasdie said:

This probably how it went down:

Microsoft demands:

Bag of money if you guys give us pugb on xbox:

1) 4k resolution on x

2) get it on there

Devs:

1) port game straight towards xbox

2) select 4k resolution in the config

3) slide slider down to get some what decent playable solution

4) profit.

5) never look back, and let it die out.

Die out? Game is gonna sell 5 million on the console from hype alone. You're probably right about the rest of it though.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Wasdie  Moderator

@boycie said:

@Bread_or_Decide: PUBG doesn’t look bad on a good PC. Okay it’s not the best looking game but it’s certainly better than bad. The new map on the test server looks great, runs butter smooth and has an insane draw distance.

The xbox version will get better over time as well I imagine.

I wouldn't be to sure about any version getting better over time. The new map on the PC has the advantage of simply having lower polygon objects and less density due to the setting. The developer has shown very little ability to solve the CPU bottleneck issues with the game.

Honestly with all of the money they have they should just contract out a few AAA level tech designers/engineers for some big bucks for a year and just hammer out those technical issues. They seem very reluctant to spend the massive wad of cash that they have accumulated.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#268 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

Never bothered with this because I knew a mile away it would run like crap.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 kingtito

@daredevils2k said:
@kingtito said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kingtito said:
@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

"BTW how well does the Pro play the game" It doesn't play it, but how are you enjoying the 8-bit like frame rates?

Hahahaah ummm ok buddy so you're making fun of something on a system you don't own, a game that won't be on your system of choice? Even if it was playing at 5fps it's still better than how the PS4 is playing it. You mad cow? MS got you shook because of the most powerful console ever created. Have fun playing your sales

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@Wasdie: fair enough, I still don’t think it’s a bad looking game though.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10605 Posts

@kingtito:

Fromy what I remember, if Sony did brag about the pro, it was in direct comparison to the ps4, in which the pro does outperform the base ps4. It was MS touting about how the x1x capabilities was close to high end pc's and all about "true" 4k, in which the x1x very rarely, if athe all, lived up to those claims.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I'm not going through the 6 pages of this mess, but who the hell thought PUBG was gonna run well on any console? It runs like crap on the vast majority of PCs. The framerate dips on my i7 6700k at 4.6 ghz with 32 gbs of RAM and a GTX 1080.

The game is an unoptimized mess.

This is not a consoles fault. Anybody faulting the console is an idiot. There's just no other way to put it. You're daft and you've made your opinions irrelevant from here on out.

Thank you for being one of the sensible people on the forums and being honest! It is a very unoptimized game on any platform. I have heard good things about performance on test server currently and that when it releases it will help a ton.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By daredevils2k

@kingtito said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kingtito said:
@daredevils2k said:

Hahahaah ummm ok buddy so you're making fun of something on a system you don't own, a game that won't be on your system of choice? Even if it was playing at 5fps it's still better than how the PS4 is playing it. You mad cow? MS got you shook because of the most powerful console ever created. Have fun playing your sales

a game that won't be on your system of choice?"

My system of choice is right here in my hand "BUDDY" . I've playing this game at 4k at 60fps since April. But anyways Brotha, you enjoy the 16-bit like FPS . Now go tell your motha that you want her to buy you a real gaming system (PC) and drop the wanna pc (xb1x)

PEACE

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 kingtito

@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

Fromy what I remember, if Sony did brag about the pro, it was in direct comparison to the ps4, in which the pro does outperform the base ps4. It was MS touting about how the x1x capabilities was close to high end pc's and all about "true" 4k, in which the x1x very rarely, if athe all, lived up to those claims.

In the end who cares. No console will ever live up to PCs standards again. Those days are long gone so the only thing that matters now(graphics and performance wise) is how it performs compared to it's counter parts. The X1X is the most powerful console ever created and will have the better looking and performing multiplats, lazy devs aside.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 kingtito

@daredevils2k said:
@kingtito said:
@daredevils2k said:
@kingtito said:
@daredevils2k said:

a game that won't be on your system of choice?"

My system of choice is right here in my hand "BUDDY" . I've playing this game at 4k at 60fps since April. But anyways Brotha, you enjoy the 16-bit like FPS . Now go tell your motha that you want her to buy you a real gaming system (PC) and drop the wanna pc (xb1x)

PEACE

Nice try cow, but your system of choice is your precious PS4. Go ahead and hide behind your PC but we all know the most powerful console ever created has you and Sony shook.

BTW I also have a gaming PC......now what?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 ermacness

@kingtito:

Well for 100 bucks extra, I sure do hope so. Now if only MS dedicated more resources to some exclusives, that 500 dollar price tag would look that much more appealing, and then maybe, the x1 can start on it's road to recovery in sales.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 ermacness

@kingtito:

In order for MS to have Sony "shook" the x1x must be helping the xbox family in sales to shrink the lead that the ps4 has had for the most if not all of this generation. Having superior multiplats is one thing, but having market share is a whole another thing.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 kingtito

@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

In order for MS to have Sony "shook" the x1x must be helping the xbox family in sales to shrink the lead that the ps4 has had for the most if not all of this generation. Having superior multiplats is one thing, but having market share is a whole another thing.

Everyone knows the X1 isn't going to come close to catching up. Sony can still be shook when it comes to power since, you know, they've been all about power since the introduction of the PS2. Let's not pretend Sony doesn't because all evidence since gen 5 proves they do. So in that context they most certainly can be shook.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#279 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdGBwrJ6rtI

I'll just drop that link right above there for you all to watch and enjoy :)

Also, for a nice laugh out loud moment, fast forward to 3:43...lmfao.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

If it runs that bad on XB1X, then it probably is unplayable on PS4.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 kingtito

@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

Well for 100 bucks extra, I sure do hope so. Now if only MS dedicated more resources to some exclusives, that 500 dollar price tag would look that much more appealing, and then maybe, the x1 can start on it's road to recovery in sales.

I had no issues with the price. Hell the PS3 was $600 and wasn't more powerful than the 360 and it came out a year later. $100 isn't going to break me and if it did then I have no business gaming as one of my hobbies.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#282 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

If it runs that bad on XB1X, then it probably is unplayable on PS4.

Whoa! I haven't seen you in forever! How have you been?

If PS4 drops the res, it'll perform similarly. They have very similar CPU's.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 ermacness

@kingtito:

So, they're "shook" in the power struggle, but this "powerful" console isn't causing Sony any financial threat of any kind?!!??!!!

I'll allow you to slowly repeat that logic quietly to yourself for a moment.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By ermacness

@kingtito:

All I'm saying is that this power struggle isn't as damaging to Sony as it was earlier this gen to MS, due to the fact that when it's all said and done, the pro still do have a factual advantage over the x1x, while the x1 really didn't have any advantage over the ps4, outside of personal preference.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By ermacness

@Zero_epyon:

Why do lems think that the cpu difference between the x1x and the pro, are generational?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 kingtito

@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

So, they're "shook" in the power struggle, but this "powerful" console isn't causing Sony any financial threat of any kind?!!??!!!

I'll allow you to slowly repeat that logic quietly to yourself for a moment.

What's Sony been touting since the PS2 days? Power, power and more power. It was what they were all about. PS4 was no exception and now they've lost that power. MS shook them so bad they pulled the Pro part of their E3. So you want to play the def, dumb and blind part be my guest. I see no need to bury my head in the sand and neither should you. You still have sales

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#287 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@ermacness said:

@Zero_epyon:

Why do lems think that the cpu difference between the x1x and the pro, are generational?

No idea.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This system is too weak

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts
Loading Video...

Microsoft really wanted this one out for the holidays huh. I don't think cows will mind waiting for them to actually finish the game.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1473 Posts

It looks like a late ps2 game, so somehow I doubt it's the lack of power.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

Yeesh. Even on the X this is far from a looker. Why don't they lock both XBone versions @ 720p and shoot for graphics a little beyond N64 parity. I was half interested in picking this up when it gets an actual release... but damn. I've seen it running on PC looking a little better than adequate, but after seeing this I'm assuming it was a quad SLI 1080ti setup with an i17 and 20TB ram by comparison.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@biack_goku:

? XboneX was a mistake.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#294 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Blame the dev not the console.

Sony fanboys are a sad bunch.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@quadknight said:

@biack_goku:

? XboneX was a mistake.

"biack"

never realized that

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By QuadKnight

@drlostrib: lol I honestly dunno how that got in there. I just hit reply button my phone and saw that ?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 ermacness

@kingtito:

And yet, Sony still took E3 away from MS! The x1x is the ONLY platform you really don't need to own as of now. Yeah, it plays multiplats better than the pro, but the pc plays the SAME exact multiplats better than the x1x. However Sony have these things called exclusives that can't be played anywhere else, Nintendo, and the pc a l do have more than one of these type of games as well also. The only plat form that have only one of these delicacies is the x1. MS had a whole year to counter what the pro was, so Sony losing that battle was inevitable. All of this is passing off to me nothing more than personal glorification, and if that's the case, carry on.

BTW: the ps4 doesn't only have sales, but exclusive games as well.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@quadknight said:

@drlostrib: lol I honestly dunno how that got in there. I just hit reply button my phone and saw that ?

it's his user name. he must have used an uppercase 'i' instead

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

Those of us who play PUBG on PC saw this coming from a mile away. While the Xbox One X is overhyped, you can't put all the blame on the console for a game that only got stable with the latest patch on the test servers.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By QuadKnight

@drlostrib: Intersting, I see. I never thought that was the reason lol. I thought GS was just being its glitchy self.