DF: Rise of the Tomb Raider: Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro First Look Graphics Comparison!

• 181 results
WARRFREAK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 WARRFREAK
Member since 2002 • 175 Posts

That $100 difference is not just about the graphics. You have to take into account the 7200rpm hdd, dolby atmos, bluray drive and so on and so on.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

Game is V-sync capped at 30 FPS at 4K, for all we know it can probably push up into the 40's FPS wise but a locked, steady, no frame pacing 30 FPS is smoother then varying frame-rate between 30's and 40's

What make you think is not Vsync on PC? V-synch doesn't lock you into 30,when a game is v-synch at 30 is because without v-synch the frames would rise a little more but also dip allot more.

Just like it was the case with the First tomb raider on xbox one.

Fact the xbox one x tops at 30 at the PC version on a 1070 doesn't,on world of tanks is even worse a RX580 actually beat the xbox one x results by as much as 22 FPS.

@endofaugust said:

It's pretty clear, the clarity is much better and the texture resolution is considerably higher. The Pro version looks soft because of its lower render resolution and the textures are a muddled.

Hahahahaaa when it was the PS4 at 1080p and the xbox one at 720p non of you could see it..hahahahaa

@goldenelementxl said:
@kuu2 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

@tormentos: The closer we get to release, we will see Ron get more desperate and Kuu get a little more crazy. If only they had kept their expectations realistic, they could be enjoying the hype and excitement of the Xbox One X's upcoming launch like the rest of us. I'm preorderd and ready to go! And without all the egg on my face.

I have zero idea what you are talking about.

Not only has The One X delivered it has proven your foolish assertions wrong at every turn. Partnering with El Tomato shows how desperate you are.

Stay salty my friend.

You have zero idea... Really? So the Xbox One X has delivered to your expectations 100% to this point? You haven't had to walk anything back?

Your name has come up a few times when I've played games with folks on this board. Some folks that have chatted with you on a personal level say things like, "Kenny seems like such a reasonable guy, I'm not sure why he's such a lunatic on System Wars.

Maybe it's time to register the username "Kuu3" because the one you're using now has ZERO credibility in SW.

Hahahahahahahaaah what a powerful ownage...lol

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#103 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@ronvalencia:

DOF is ABSENT on XboneX in that first picture of yours

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#105  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@WARRFREAK:

XboneX has 5400 rpm hard drive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/6hf02i/can_anyone_identify_what_this_xbox_one_x_hard/

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@i_p_daily: why pissed?

Watching the videos just reminds me of x1 and ps4 comparisons. Small difference just looking at videos.

@Zero_epyon said:

@ronvalencia: that first image appears to have a blurry wall but that's due to the DOF being on for pro and off for x.

Why would DOF affect the wall near the screen? That makes Zero sense.

DOF should blur things away from the screen, further in the distance not near the screen. Again I hate DOF it does nothing but make games Uglier imo. I've never needed a blur filter so that I could tell how far something is in the distance. It's a video game not a Hollywood movie.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@EG101 said:
@Chutebox said:

@i_p_daily: why pissed?

Watching the videos just reminds me of x1 and ps4 comparisons. Small difference just looking at videos.

@Zero_epyon said:

@ronvalencia: that first image appears to have a blurry wall but that's due to the DOF being on for pro and off for x.

Why would DOF affect the wall near the screen? That makes Zero sense.

DOF should blur things away from the screen, further in the distance not near the screen. Again I hate DOF it does nothing but make games Uglier imo. I've never needed a blur filter so that I could tell how far something is in the distance. It's a video game not a Hollywood movie.

DOF works in the foreground an background. If the focus is Laura then it will blur everything not Laura.

Here's an example.

They turned all DOF off to make everything in the foreground and background look super sharp. If they turn DOF on in the final release, we'll see that same scene look very similar on both. With the exception of better looking textures.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By tormentos

@kuu2 said:
@SinjinSmythe said:

The X just dropped its pants and took a giant dump down sonys throat.

If this is one of the first multiplats with this big of a difference, imagine down the road. It's going to get uglier for Cows here on out. Every Pro version will be the worst version.

Seriously...................

I would bet it didn't take any optimization at all to get this level of performance out of ROTR. Cows will of course cry and tell us not to expect this level of performance from other games especially 3rd party titles.

As we are getting closer and stories are coming out I fully expect Cows to become even more rabid in their posts and attacks.

The fun part is that you CANT see graphics difference from 4k to 1440p or even 1080p because all lemmings have vision problems,you simply damage controlled 720p to much to even try to attacked dynamic and checkerboard rendering when you believe that scorpio would deliver uncompromised 4k 60FPS...hahahahhaahaha

So again is dynamic and checkerboard rendering now 4k?

Lemming...lol

@ronvalencia said:

For V-sync lock selection between 60 hz and 30 hz, GTX 1070 would land on 30 hz lock. GTX 1070 doesn't have the power for 60 hz version.

X1X's 30 hz limit was set by the developer and it's not floating beyond 30 hz v-sync. No proper PC benchmark regime uses V-sync locks.

ROTR doesn't have a proper built-in benchmark, hence it needs multiple benchmarks i.e. each review site would have different ROTR scenes.

http://www.legitreviews.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-founders-edition-video-card-review_181760/7

https://techgage.com/article/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-review-a-look-at-1440p-4k-ultra-wide-gaming/3/

I don't know what you are trying to prove using other test,that can be lower clocks,driver issues anything..

This is the one done by Toms Hardware and not on just one model but many different ones..

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-graphics-card-roundup,4751-2.html

The xbox one version of tomb raider definitive edition was also lock at 30 and Vsynch because leaving the frames open would results is more drops under 30 than actually just locking the frames,in fact even so TRDE supper from several drops on xbox one that deep into the lows 20's alto not often.

Fact is we have 2 games showing already the xbox one X is not as powerful as a 1070gtx,hell in world of tanks even a RX580 beat the xbox one by a considerable margin.

@endofaugust said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

I think the takeaway from all this is that as long as your expectations are not through the roof in terms of graphical difference between Pro and X1X quality you should be happy going with the X1X. It's not a huge leap in quality, but a slight edge is there if you're interested in multiplats running a little better on the X1X.

It's a bigger difference than is being led on by your post, it's essentially as large of a delta between the GTX 1070 and the 1080 Ti for perspective, no one would call that a "slight edge" or a "little better".

The game is raw rendering a 100% higher resolution and looks better in the process, that's no small feat.

@nyadc said:

None of you could consistently point out the difference between 900p UPSCALED to 1080p and native 1080p if they were placed side by side in a control test if your lives depended on it. That's really all there is to this, it is enough, people here are just unrealistic and think they have 20/5 vision or something. No one cared about this stuff last generation because it was never a problem, it's still not a problem. The funny thing is before this generation I would honestly say that 3/4 of the console community was not even really familiar with what resolution actually is or the concept of what it is, you just put your games in the drive and played them like the simpletons you are.

I don't want to be that guy but I'm going to be, most of you people are staggeringly ignorant, you know so much less than you think you do and you place importance on things which are wholly unimportant; thus highlighting your ignorance even further. Resolution being brought up this console generation irks me to no end as a PC gamer, watching you people bicker, spread misinformation, lie, talk about these consoles like they're super computers and overall just shit post is one of the most annoying things I have ever had to endure in my entire gaming career.

What a hypocrite once upon a time use to say.

@nyadc said:

If it were a night and day difference between these consoles, say the disparity from the Wii U to the Xbox One, I would be inclined to agree OP. However the real world practical application differences and results between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are so minute in reality that it's not even worth bringing up.

The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are iterative of each other, they're not some drastically different technology. What matters is experience and what the system brings to the table that makes you happy, not exaggerated performance figures, not exaggerated graphical fidelity and not minuscule nit picks.

I don't know how you even post any more after damage controlling gaps bigger than 100% between the PS4 and xbox one,gaps that now you try to over exaggerate.

Just like you downplayed the Pro reaching number 1 on amazon pre-orders,claiming it just a pre order and that people could cancel then,but for the XBO X no those same pre-orders mean the xbox one X will have a shortage and that is selling incredible...

A Pathetic buffoon is what you are..

Enjoy...lol

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@endofaugust: But on a 2D screen it has to be faked. Like if I'm focusing on the subject,Lara, the temple several miles away should be crisp still. If real life our eyes automatically changes focus. As someone else said, unless games have an eye reader for dof built in(would be in VR I guess), we are just seeing a 2d screen. Not a big deal though. It just makes the game feel more natural. Like you said, itll prob change for the final version.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@Zero_epyon:

I personally hate DOF even in those Pics it's annoying and unnatural. My eyes don't blur details out until they are in the distance but I guess the majority of people have poor vision and maybe things blur for them sooner.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@pinkanimal said:
@endofaugust said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

They look......exactly the same. I mean, really. I don't see a difference at all?

It's pretty clear, the clarity is much better and the texture resolution is considerably higher. The Pro version looks soft because of its lower render resolution and the textures are a muddled.

That doesn't look like a $100 difference, more like a $25-$30 one. And you need to have both games running next to each other to really have some sense of the differences. For most people such differences are irrelevant.

http://wccftech.com/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xb1x-ps4-pro/

$20 difference

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

@tormentos said:
@endofaugust said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

I think the takeaway from all this is that as long as your expectations are not through the roof in terms of graphical difference between Pro and X1X quality you should be happy going with the X1X. It's not a huge leap in quality, but a slight edge is there if you're interested in multiplats running a little better on the X1X.

It's a bigger difference than is being led on by your post, it's essentially as large of a delta between the GTX 1070 and the 1080 Ti for perspective, no one would call that a "slight edge" or a "little better".

The game is raw rendering a 100% higher resolution and looks better in the process, that's no small feat.

@nyadc said:

None of you could consistently point out the difference between 900p UPSCALED to 1080p and native 1080p if they were placed side by side in a control test if your lives depended on it. That's really all there is to this, it is enough, people here are just unrealistic and think they have 20/5 vision or something. No one cared about this stuff last generation because it was never a problem, it's still not a problem. The funny thing is before this generation I would honestly say that 3/4 of the console community was not even really familiar with what resolution actually is or the concept of what it is, you just put your games in the drive and played them like the simpletons you are.

I don't want to be that guy but I'm going to be, most of you people are staggeringly ignorant, you know so much less than you think you do and you place importance on things which are wholly unimportant; thus highlighting your ignorance even further. Resolution being brought up this console generation irks me to no end as a PC gamer, watching you people bicker, spread misinformation, lie, talk about these consoles like they're super computers and overall just shit post is one of the most annoying things I have ever had to endure in my entire gaming career.

@nyadc said:

If it were a night and day difference between these consoles, say the disparity from the Wii U to the Xbox One, I would be inclined to agree OP. However the real world practical application differences and results between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are so minute in reality that it's not even worth bringing up.

The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are iterative of each other, they're not some drastically different technology. What matters is experience and what the system brings to the table that makes you happy, not exaggerated performance figures, not exaggerated graphical fidelity and not minuscule nit picks.

I don't know how you even post any more after damage controlling gaps bigger than 100% between the PS4 and xbox one,gaps that now you try to over exaggerate.

Just like you downplayed the Pro reaching number 1 on amazon pre-orders,claiming it just a pre order and that people could cancel then,but for the XBO X no those same pre-orders mean the xbox one X will have a shortage and that is selling incredible...

Enjoy...lol

You made this a little too easy for me. 900p to 1080p is a 43% increase in resolution, and let's be honest that is where most of the differences between the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One began and ended, resolution.

For this game there is a 100% higher raw render resolution on Xbox One X and checkerboarding implementation on the Pro, this not only results in a softer image but artifacting around edges of geometry during motion, this is not something that happens with raw renders. On top of this the game is cleary configured at a higher graphical spec on Xbox One X and it's running high resolution textures as well while the Pro is not.

On top of even this there is the framerate to account for and given the High Framerate mode and the Xbox One X not dropping frames while the Pro was, that's three giveaways beyond the resolution alone where differences can be spotted.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#113 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

Marginal difference. Unless you plan to play the game toggling between versions, the differences would not make or break your experience.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

@tormentos: BUT you and other cows could always see a clear difference in 900p to 1080p. Lulz. Da **** outta here.

It doesn't matter what resolution Tomb Raider is in. It stops the shit out of Pro and PC with detail and clarity. Da **** outta here again...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Zero_epyon

@EG101 said:

@Zero_epyon:

I personally hate DOF even in those Pics it's annoying and unnatural. My eyes don't blur details out until they are in the distance but I guess the majority of people have poor vision and maybe things blur for them sooner.

In this case it's not about how the human eye sees it, but how a camera lens focused on Laura would. It's for cinematic effect.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

So the difference in graphics between the Pro and X1X is the same as the difference between the original X1 and PS4. And X1 owners didn't care that much then. And now suddenly they do? Get a gaming rig if visuals matter that much to you. If you want good exclusives, get the PS4 or Switch.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

I seriously can't believe how much better the X1X looks compared to the Pro. It's eye popping.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 tormentos

@i_p_daily said:

Are you a PC gamer now?

We need proof of your PC, another deformed thumb pic in front of someone elses PC, you know like you did with the PS4 lol

And how does that change the fact that a 1070gtx >>>>>>>>>>> XBO X?

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 PinkAnimal

@Martin_G_N said:

So the difference in graphics between the Pro and X1X is the same as the difference between the original X1 and PS4. And X1 owners didn't care that much then. And now suddenly they do? Get a gaming rig if visuals matter that much to you. If you want good exclusives, get the PS4 or Switch.

Pretty much this

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By tormentos

@endofaugust said:

You made this a little too easy for me. 900p to 1080p is a 43% increase in resolution, and let's be honest that is where most of the differences between the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One began and ended, resolution.

For this game there is a 100% higher raw render resolution on Xbox One X and checkerboarding implementation on the Pro, this not only results in a softer image but artifacting around edges of geometry during motion, this is not something that happens with raw renders. On top of this the game is cleary configured at a higher graphical spec on Xbox One X and it's running high resolution textures as well while the Pro is not.

On top of even this there is the framerate to account for and given the High Framerate mode and the Xbox One X not dropping frames while the Pro was, that's three giveaways beyond the resolution alone where differences can be spotted.

Oh so i made it to easy for you ok let me make it impossible...

So what i quote from you highly was this..

@endofaugust said:

You claim here that the game is rendering 100% more pixels + and look better in the process which is not a small feat you claim,let see what you use to say when that gap was the other way around..

@b4x said:
@tormentos said:
@Tighaman said:

I see most don't read beyond these clickbait forums please go read the AMD slides at MS BUILD14 and tell me MS and the X1 aren't ahead of the game again and great stuff are coming just look at SSOD its not about resolution more than pixel quality and framerate and there's no denying that x1 has more games at 60fps and games do run better.

So much bullsh** in one post..

Lets see MGS5 is 1080p 60 FPS with extra effects on PS4,720p 60 FPS without dynamic sky..lol

That is a huge ass gap of more than 100%.

Multiplatform games run better on PS4 deal with it..

MGS as an example?

This hack developing team couldn't even get the Xbox version MGS to be superior to the PS2 version of MGS.

Please do tell me how the Ps2 > Xbox in power? I'll be waiting for this explanation.

Not saying the X1 is superior to the PS4 in power. Just saying either these guys are bias or just complete coding hacks.

They put zero effort in the Xbox One version of this 30 dollar demo. It's a straight Xbox 360 port.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/m-is-still-in-denial-over-weak-xbone-specs-31256227/?page=2

This is what you pathetic buffoon did,when MGS5 was 1080p on PS4 720p on xbox one and on xbox one dynamic skies wasn't on it was like on PS3 and xbox 360 dead sky vs the PS4 version which had dynamic skies on top of a 100% gap in pixel,you attacked the developers and enter in one of your usual damage control rages.

By the way MGS2 was superior on PS2 because the game was build from ground on up PS2,and the PS2 while weaker than the xbox had several perks that were impossible to port to the xbox without sacrifices,which is why specially in the part where it rains the xbox version just choke it was a problem of the game been built from the ground up for the PS2,not konami or kujima doing something wrong,i am sure that if the game was build from ground up on xbox it would have run and look better because it was more powerful.

The engine use for xbox one and PS4 was multiplatform one,not one use only build from ground up just for PS4.

So again you are a Joke dude and your double standard is lol worthy.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 EndofAugust

@tormentos said:
@endofaugust said:

Oh so i made it to easy for you ok let me make it impossible...

So what i quote from you highly was this..

@endofaugust said:

You claim here that the game is rendering 100% more pixels + and look better in the process which is not a small feat you claim,let see what you use to say when that gap was the other way around..

@b4x said:
@tormentos said:
@Tighaman said:

I see most don't read beyond these clickbait forums please go read the AMD slides at MS BUILD14 and tell me MS and the X1 aren't ahead of the game again and great stuff are coming just look at SSOD its not about resolution more than pixel quality and framerate and there's no denying that x1 has more games at 60fps and games do run better.

So much bullsh** in one post..

Lets see MGS5 is 1080p 60 FPS with extra effects on PS4,720p 60 FPS without dynamic sky..lol

That is a huge ass gap of more than 100%.

Multiplatform games run better on PS4 deal with it..

MGS as an example?

This hack developing team couldn't even get the Xbox version MGS to be superior to the PS2 version of MGS.

Please do tell me how the Ps2 > Xbox in power? I'll be waiting for this explanation.

Not saying the X1 is superior to the PS4 in power. Just saying either these guys are bias or just complete coding hacks.

They put zero effort in the Xbox One version of this 30 dollar demo. It's a straight Xbox 360 port.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/m-is-still-in-denial-over-weak-xbone-specs-31256227/?page=2

This is what you pathetic buffoon did,when MGS5 was 1080p on PS4 720p on xbox one and on xbox one dynamic skies wasn't on it was like on PS3 and xbox 360 dead sky vs the PS4 version which had dynamic skies on top of a 100% gap in pixel,you attacked the developers and enter in one of your usual damage control rages.

By the way MGS2 was superior on PS2 because the game was build from ground on up PS2,and the PS2 while weaker than the xbox had several perks that were impossible to port to the xbox without sacrifices,which is why specially in the part where it rains the xbox version just choke it was a problem of the game been built from the ground up for the PS2,not konami or kujima doing something wrong,i am sure that if the game was build from ground up on xbox it would have run and look better because it was more powerful.

The engine use for xbox one and PS4 was multiplatform one,not one use only build from ground up just for PS4.

So again you are a Joke dude and your double standard is lol worthy.

I was not, am not, and will never be B4X.

Completely different user.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@mowgly1 said:

@ronvalencia:

DOF is hiding lower texture resolution on your box.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:
@mowgly1 said:

@ronvalencia:

DOF is hiding lower resolution on your box.

DOF is an effect use even on PC where more powerful GPU than the xbox exist,is an effect like any other.

@endofaugust said:

lol You are B4x,Nyadc,Dynamitecop and this one as well as several others ban...

And you are pathetic.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 EndofAugust

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:
@mowgly1 said:

@ronvalencia:

DOF is hiding lower resolution on your box.

DOF is an effect use even on PC where more powerful GPU than the xbox exist,is an effect like any other.

@endofaugust said:

lol You are B4x,Nyadc,Dynamitecop and this one as well as several others ban...

And you are pathetic.

As I said, that person is not me.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@kuu2 said:
@SinjinSmythe said:

The X just dropped its pants and took a giant dump down sonys throat.

If this is one of the first multiplats with this big of a difference, imagine down the road. It's going to get uglier for Cows here on out. Every Pro version will be the worst version.

Seriously...................

I would bet it didn't take any optimization at all to get this level of performance out of ROTR. Cows will of course cry and tell us not to expect this level of performance from other games especially 3rd party titles.

As we are getting closer and stories are coming out I fully expect Cows to become even more rabid in their posts and attacks.

The fun part is that you CANT see graphics difference from 4k to 1440p or even 1080p because all lemmings have vision problems,you simply damage controlled 720p to much to even try to attacked dynamic and checkerboard rendering when you believe that scorpio would deliver uncompromised 4k 60FPS...hahahahhaahaha

So again is dynamic and checkerboard rendering now 4k?

Lemming...lol

@ronvalencia said:

For V-sync lock selection between 60 hz and 30 hz, GTX 1070 would land on 30 hz lock. GTX 1070 doesn't have the power for 60 hz version.

X1X's 30 hz limit was set by the developer and it's not floating beyond 30 hz v-sync. No proper PC benchmark regime uses V-sync locks.

ROTR doesn't have a proper built-in benchmark, hence it needs multiple benchmarks i.e. each review site would have different ROTR scenes.

http://www.legitreviews.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-founders-edition-video-card-review_181760/7

https://techgage.com/article/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-review-a-look-at-1440p-4k-ultra-wide-gaming/3/

I don't know what you are trying to prove using other test,that can be lower clocks,driver issues anything..

This is the one done by Toms Hardware and not on just one model but many different ones..

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-graphics-card-roundup,4751-2.html

The xbox one version of tomb raider definitive edition was also lock at 30 and Vsynch because leaving the frames open would results is more drops under 30 than actually just locking the frames,in fact even so TRDE supper from several drops on xbox one that deep into the lows 20's alto not often.

Fact is we have 2 games showing already the xbox one X is not as powerful as a 1070gtx,hell in world of tanks even a RX580 beat the xbox one by a considerable margin.

@endofaugust said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

@nyadc said:

@nyadc said:

Enjoy...lol

Testing: Geothermal Valley is the location chosen for testing with this title, as it features a lot shadows and a ton of foliage. From the start of our saved game, we merely walk down a fixed path for just over a minute and stop the benchmark once we reach a broken down bridge (the shot below is from the benchmarked area).

Geothermal Valley is also DF's favorite testing ROTR scene. This is just "high settings" for Geothermal Valley. X1X destroys R9 Fury Nano (7 to 8.6 TFLOPS).

TitanFall 2 on Xbox One X

https://www.neowin.net/news/according-to-a-producer-at-respawn-entertainment-the-xbox-one-x-renders-titanfall-2-at-6k

X1X capable of rendering Titanfall 2 at 3200p, a little above 6K.

"When it comes to X1X it means there are times it'll render at higher than 4K and then downsample to whatever resolution the X1X is outputting to. Its is truly glorious on a 4K display. This quote will come back to haunt me, I'm sure, but there were times on Wargames last time I was testing where it was rendering at ~3200p (6K?) internally. The internal render resolution is dictated by the GPU load, so obviously there are no guarantees as to how often it renders at particular resolutions, but essentially we're using 100% GPU all the time."

Loading Video...

GTX 1070 dipping bellow 60 fps at 4K. Graphics settings mostly high.

---------------------------

For GTX 1070, medium settings 1080p resolution with 60 fps target starts at https://youtu.be/nIbiUd3l4PQ?t=20

Loading Video...

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58011/ark-dev-xbox-one-pc-gtx-1070-16gb-ram/index.html

As for the comparisons between the PC and Xbox One X, he said: "If you think about it, it's kind of equivalent to a GTX 1070 maybe and the Xbox One X actually has 12GB of GDDR5 memory. It's kind of like having a pretty high-end PC minus a lot of overhead due to the operating system on PC. So I would say it's equivalent to a 16GB 1070 PC, and that's a pretty good deal for $499".

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

For GTX 1070, medium settings 1080p resolution with 60 fps target starts at https://youtu.be/nIbiUd3l4PQ?t=20

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58011/ark-dev-xbox-one-pc-gtx-1070-16gb-ram/index.html

As for the comparisons between the PC and Xbox One X, he said: "If you think about it, it's kind of equivalent to a GTX 1070 maybe and the Xbox One X actually has 12GB of GDDR5 memory. It's kind of like having a pretty high-end PC minus a lot of overhead due to the operating system on PC. So I would say it's equivalent to a 16GB 1070 PC, and that's a pretty good deal for $499".

Brad Wardell

XBox One is the biggest beneficiary; it effectively gives every Xbox One owner a new GPU that is twice as fast as the old one

Yeah and DX12 double the xbox one power..lol

You believe any shit as long as it is defending the xbox one,i know you also defended DX12..lol

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

So some folks over at NeoGaf took exception to the way the PC screenshot looks in the Xbox One X vs PC 4K comparison.

"C9 PC" is a screen provided by a NeoGaf user on PC with maxed settings. Look at that image compared to Digital Foundry's PC image to the right. What is going on here???

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Brad Wardell

XBox One is the biggest beneficiary; it effectively gives every Xbox One owner a new GPU that is twice as fast as the old one

Yeah and DX12 double the xbox one power..lol

You believe any shit as long as it is defending the xbox one,i know you also defended DX12..lol

That has nothing to do with this topic.

Since you started out of topic arguments, BradW followed with his DX12 claim with PS4's own gains. Note that PS4's Kill Zone Shadow Fall still has DX11 style deferred rendering multi-threading model with a single thread doing most of the render command feed i.e. multiple deferred threads feeding into the primary feed thread. Both Vulkan and DX12 nuked these old multi-threading model.

Doom 2016 PS4 build has beaten DF's favorite i3+750 Ti potato PC console beater with a proper 1080p 60 fps and graphics effects expected from ex-Crytek employees.

Try again..

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By ronvalencia

@goldenelementxl said:

So some folks over at NeoGaf took exception to the way the PC screenshot looks in the Xbox One X vs PC 4K comparison.

"C9 PC" is a screen provided by a NeoGaf user on PC with maxed settings. Look at that image compared to Digital Foundry's PC image to the right. What is going on here???

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=247130940&postcount=1270

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@ronvalencia: But isn't that something Digital Foundry should be aware of? Why are they passing on faulty comparison screens? This is as bad as IGN doing COD comparisons with one version in colorblind mode. Unforgivable...

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@ronvalencia: But isn't that something Digital Foundry should be aware of? Why are they passing on faulty comparison screens? This is as bad as IGN doing COD comparisons with one version in colorblind mode. Unforgivable...

They Digital Foundry are people like anyone else with interest, some knowledge and opportunities to engage developers and ask questions. They make assumptions and mistakes sometimes. To be fair Jon did note that the xb1x version DOF was removed. They also make note final more accurate comparisons is to come. Sometimes they just like to get ahead of the story. This time it looked odd because the PC version quality did not look correctly represented to some people. Who knows it could be a case of there run through of the game some details did not stream in or something.

Ps4 version was always going to be inferior doesn't matter DOF or not we could see that coming from there earlier pc comparisons. Its 4k implementation leaves the same texture mapping found on the base ps4. All improvement you get there from ps4 are crispness without extra detail. The best implementation that actually improved on details is HZD. DF initially made assumptions that the extra details was due to improved texture filtering, because ps4 pro not suppose to have higher quality textures in these 4k implementation. In the end they update there coverage. It turned out to be the first 4k implementation that actually, higher quality texture mip maps stream through. They make assumptions and mistakes sometime especially when looking at consoles with no settings indications.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By ronvalencia

@goldenelementxl said:

It doesn't materially change the arguments since it just shows X1X is like the PC ultra version.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Since you started out of topic arguments, BradW followed with his DX12 claim with PS4's own gains. Note that PS4's Kill Zone Shadow Fall still has DX11 style deferred rendering multi-threading model with a single thread doing most of the render command feed i.e. multiple deferred threads feeding into the primary feed thread. Both Vulkan and DX12 nuked these old multi-threading model.

Doom 2016 PS4 build has beaten DF's favorite i3+750 Ti potato PC console beater with a proper 1080p 60 fps and graphics effects expected from ex-Crytek employees.

Try again..

Yes it does is shows that YOU will take word from any developer or MS and use it as fact even when developers and MS have lie about the xbox one already.

DX12 would never EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR double the power of the GPU on XBO or give you a GPU twice as fast,that implies a 100% gain in power from just a damn API,even more when we knew many of DX12 features were features of console nature and MS moved to PC admit by MS it self DX12 was console optimization brought to PC,in the case of the xbox one it was even implemented on hardware level on a command processor.

Brad Wardell LIE about the xbox one been the biggest beneficiary and lie about double performance it was a lie and Ashes of Singularity wasn't on PS4 or xbox one so it wasn't about his game like you falsely claim.

Multithreading model on xbox one just add 7% confirmed by Project Cars developers that is a FAR FAR FAAAARRRR cry from doubling.

Again stop believing everything you read from developers as some of this developers are just creating hype for MS and not really speaking truth,even Phil Spencer lie about the xbox one X.

So no you need to stop telling people to try again when in the first place you don't have a point period..lol

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Zero_epyon

@girlusocrazy said:

@Zero_epyon: DF sez X1X motion blur and depth of field blur disabled. So any comparison here is missing the fact that some post processing effects causing blur on purpose are missing from X1X.

Not really a great example for a comparison, but they do look nearly identical otherwise

Correct

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Zero_epyon

@goldenelementxl said:

I haven't played this game so idk, but does Laura actually accumulate damage/dirt as the game progresses, even if it's briefly?

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@xxyetixx said:

They kinda look exactly alike ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then play the regular Xbox One S or PS4 version. You're the type of gamer that doesn't benefit from higher resolutions, higher framerates, higher quality textures, higher quality lighting, better anisotropic filtering, better ailiasing, faster load times, smoother gameplay overall. Just enjoy your blurry low settings framerate dipping version of it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

lol..lems in damage control.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 PinkAnimal

@Xplode_games said:
@xxyetixx said:

Then play the regular Xbox One S or PS4 version. You're the type of gamer that doesn't benefit from higher resolutions, higher framerates, higher quality textures, higher quality lighting, better anisotropic filtering, better ailiasing, faster load times, smoother gameplay overall. Just enjoy your blurry low settings framerate dipping version of it.

So basically exactly what you have been enjoying with the Xbox One until now when you could have been gaming on the PS4 and getting better quality.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Xplode_games

@reduc_ab_ said:

They look......exactly the same. I mean, really. I don't see a difference at all?

You probably won't see the difference between the regular Xbox One S/PS4 version and the high end PC 4K Ultra graphics settings and 60 fps version either. A PC that can run that version will run you a minimum of $2,000.00 and that would be with skimping on certain things.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Xplode_games

@xantufrog said:

@endofaugust: oh, well whatever - the point is in the side-by-sides the effect of the resolution side of things is more or less just a slightly softer picture. Same thing we've been seeing for ages with the other non-native res examples on different platforms. But the texture quality difference is pretty night and day - something you can appreciate more on its own when we aren't looking at side-by-sides

I agree and I will add that this is something that can't be remedied on the PS4 Pro. There is nothing developers can do using programming tricks to compensate. It's simple, the X1X has 4GBs additional of RAM and it's RAM has much higher memory bandwidth. Every game on the X1X will have a lot better texture quality, resolution, lighting and framerate. They may not be equivalent to a high end PC with an i7 processor and 1080 ti GPU but amazing for a $500 console and a dramatic improvement on the PS4 Pro version.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Xplode_games

@pinkanimal said:
@Xplode_games said:
@xxyetixx said:

So basically exactly what you have been enjoying with the Xbox One until now when you could have been gaming on the PS4 and getting better quality.

Not at all. The X1 usually had a 900p version vs the PS4's 1080p version. However, the X1 has a more powerful CPU. This means that sometimes the X1 had better performance. Also the texture quality was exactly the same on both versions. The only difference was 900p maybe with higher fps vs 1080p. The 900p is a little softer but it's not a big difference. Also, I much prefer the Xbox controller over the PS4 controller so that didn't matter much for me.

Now with the X1X version vs PS4 Pro you have SIGNIFICANT differences. The X1X version will run at a lot higher resolution, I'm talking about DOUBLE the resolution. It also runs much better texture quality than the PS4 Pro version. This is something that is tied to the X1X having 12 GB of GDDR5 RAM and a 326 GB/s memory bandwidth vs the PS4 Pros 8 GBs of GDDR5 RAm with 218 GB/s memory bandwidth. This GUARANTEES the X1X will always have much better texture quality and graphics effects such as 16X anisotropic filtering. Also the X1X version will always run in a lot better framerates than the PS4 version.

With X1X you have a much higher texture quality and graphical effects, a much clearer window to view this with 4K resolution and running at much higher resolutions. The difference is staggering! It's a lot bigger than the X1 to PS4 difference.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@Xplode_games: I don't see a difference in X1 and PS4 games. Yet the cows always said I needed glasses cause the difference was so obvious.

X1X isn't gonna get a free pass from me just because I play on a Xbox. Seeing X1X and PRo version in motion side by side. Looks the same, there is no significant difference.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@Heil68 said:

lol..lems in damage control.

lol... cows butthurt agian.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@xxyetixx said:

@Xplode_games: I don't see a difference in X1 and PS4 games. Yet the cows always said I needed glasses cause the difference was so obvious.

X1X isn't gonna get a free pass from me just because I play on a Xbox. Seeing X1X and PRo version in motion side by side. Looks the same, there is no significant difference.

There is a clear difference. X1X is going to be the best 3rd party machine for the next two to three years.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By ronvalencia

@Xplode_games said:
@pinkanimal said:
@Xplode_games said:
@xxyetixx said:

Not at all. The X1 usually had a 900p version vs the PS4's 1080p version. However, the X1 has a more powerful CPU. This means that sometimes the X1 had better performance. Also the texture quality was exactly the same on both versions. The only difference was 900p maybe with higher fps vs 1080p. The 900p is a little softer but it's not a big difference. Also, I much prefer the Xbox controller over the PS4 controller so that didn't matter much for me.

Now with the X1X version vs PS4 Pro you have SIGNIFICANT differences. The X1X version will run at a lot higher resolution, I'm talking about DOUBLE the resolution. It also runs much better texture quality than the PS4 Pro version. This is something that is tied to the X1X having 12 GB of GDDR5 RAM and a 326 GB/s memory bandwidth vs the PS4 Pros 8 GBs of GDDR5 RAm with 218 GB/s memory bandwidth. This GUARANTEES the X1X will always have much better texture quality and graphics effects such as 16X anisotropic filtering. Also the X1X version will always run in a lot better framerates than the PS4 version.

With X1X you have a much higher texture quality and graphical effects, a much clearer window to view this with 4K resolution and running at much higher resolutions. The difference is staggering! It's a lot bigger than the X1 to PS4 difference.

In addition to baseline Polaris IP GPU's 2MB L2 cache, X1X's RBE/ROPS has 2MB render cache which Polaris GPUs seems to be missing. This advantage benefits ROPS/RBE functions like alpha and blend effects. This enables X1X to be superior over RX-480/RX-580/R9-390X in ForzaTech's wet track with heavy alpha effects usage.

R9-290X/R9-390X's RBE/ROPS has only has 384 KB render cache while GPU like GTX 1070's ROPS has direct access to 2MB L2 cache.

PS4 Pro's PolarisPlus GPU seems to be missing 2MB render cache.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Try again..

Yes it does is shows that YOU will take word from any developer or MS and use it as fact even when developers and MS have lie about the xbox one already.

DX12 would never EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR double the power of the GPU on XBO or give you a GPU twice as fast,that implies a 100% gain in power from just a damn API,even more when we knew many of DX12 features were features of console nature and MS moved to PC admit by MS it self DX12 was console optimization brought to PC,in the case of the xbox one it was even implemented on hardware level on a command processor.

Brad Wardell LIE about the xbox one been the biggest beneficiary and lie about double performance it was a lie and Ashes of Singularity wasn't on PS4 or xbox one so it wasn't about his game like you falsely claim.

Multithreading model on xbox one just add 7% confirmed by Project Cars developers that is a FAR FAR FAAAARRRR cry from doubling.

Again stop believing everything you read from developers as some of this developers are just creating hype for MS and not really speaking truth,even Phil Spencer lie about the xbox one X.

So no you need to stop telling people to try again when in the first place you don't have a point period..lol

Again, DX12 will NOT solve CU bound issues, but it mitigates CPU bound issues.

PS4 ICE Team programmer Cort Stratton was asked if Wardell’s claim about DirectX12 doubling Xbox One’s GPU speed was plausible. In response, he stated that, “New SDKs can significantly improve performance on the same hardware, yes. Dunno about DX12/X1 specifically, of course; not my dept.

Response from Microsoft's Visual Studio team on Wardell's claims.

Billy O'Neal is a Sr. SDE working at Microsoft on the Visual C++ Libraries team.

Try again Tormented.

I'm only supporting X1X as long it follows GeForce GTX 980 Ti's TFLOPS, memory bandwidth and L2 cache balance.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 PinkAnimal

@Xplode_games: "Not at all."

Oh, so you're a hypocrite then. Gotcha!

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By PinkAnimal

@xhawk27: "There is a clear difference. X1X is going to be the best 3rd party machine for the next two to three years."

So was the PS4 and you guys didn't care. So that you guys now can't accept that others now don't care about the differences between both machines or don't consider them significant enough make you hypocrites.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:

@xhawk27: "There is a clear difference. X1X is going to be the best 3rd party machine for the next two to three years."

So was the PS4 and you guys didn't care. So that you guys now can't accept that others now don't care about the differences between both machines or don't consider them significant enough make you hypocrites.

The market cared enough and PS4 has sale units superiority during near ground zero years from 2013 to 2014.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/75-Gamers-Say-Graphics-Do-Matter-Purchasing-Game-64659.html

3 years ago, "75% Of Gamers Say That Graphics Do Matter When Purchasing A Game".