DF: Rise of the Tomb Raider: Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro First Look Graphics Comparison!

• 181 results
PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@ronvalencia: what is it with you and your reading impairment? Please get some English lessons before responding with nonsense that had nothing to do with what I said. I'm not talking about the market. I'm talking about these hypocrites here. I never cared about the differences between PS4 and X1, I thought it was the lamest reason to choose the PS4 over the X1. Differences on consoles are irrelevant when PCs exist. The edge of the PS4 have always been the games. Now, according to these hypocrites who didn't care about the differences between the originals everyone should care about those differences now. Pfft try not being hypocrites first and foremost before requesting such nonsense.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

@ronvalencia: what is it with you and your reading impairment? Please get some English lessons before responding with nonsense that had nothing to do with what I said. I'm not talking about the market. I'm talking about these hypocrites here. I never cared about the differences between PS4 and X1, I thought it was the lamest reason to choose the PS4 over the X1. Differences on consoles are irrelevant when PCs exist. The edge of the PS4 have always been the games. Now, according to these hypocrites who didn't care about the differences between the originals everyone should care about those differences now. Pfft try not being hypocrites first and foremost before requesting such nonsense.

Your arguments are not backed by purchasing intention stats. The minor difference was big enough that X1X specifically designed for DF's "resolution gate" pixel counting which is amplified by cows in social media. The entire X1X's creation was driven by DF and cows' pixel counting.

X1X restores "Xbox" into Xbox 360's position i.e. superior mostly multi-platform game console box.

@pinkanimal said:

Please get some English lessons before responding with nonsense that had nothing to do with what I said

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts
Loading Video...

Nice sneaky move by ms and df tho.

if the blood smear was in the pro version people really wouldnt see the difference

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

@Livecommander said:

if the blood smear was in the pro version people really wouldnt see the difference

You've got to be kidding me, it's not just her face, it's everything... Also lol at that conspiracy theory.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@endofaugust said:

As I said, that person is not me.

Yes it was established already that it was you.

Nyadc came after B4X and yes it was established as one of your alts with exactly the same MO.

So yeah you are a joke and you use pathetic double standards to measure both consoles PROVEN.

@ronvalencia said:

Again, DX12 will NOT solve CU bound issues, but it mitigates CPU bound issues.

PS4 ICE Team programmer Cort Stratton was asked if Wardell’s claim about DirectX12 doubling Xbox One’s GPU speed was plausible. In response, he stated that, “New SDKs can significantly improve performance on the same hardware, yes. Dunno about DX12/X1 specifically, of course; not my dept.

He also said that people have a right to be skeptical about performance gains. “Good; always be suspicious of ANY perf. improvement claims. e.g. what *exactly* got 50-100% faster? Faster than what? Details!

Response from Microsoft's Visual Studio team on Wardell's claims.

Billy O'Neal is a Sr. SDE working at Microsoft on the Visual C++ Libraries team.

Try again Tormented.

I'm only supporting X1X as long it follows GeForce GTX 980 Ti's TFLOPS, memory bandwidth and L2 cache balance.

This is not about DX12 solving anything dude,stop grasping and spinning.

This is about Brad Wardell openly lying about gains related to DX12

Brad Wardell claim the xbox one was the biggest beneficiary of DX12,and that owners would get a platforms twice as fast with it,this is a very specific comment which only intention was to make like the xbox one would gain parity with the PS4 or even surpass it as 2 X xbox one power >> PS4 1.84TF.

What the fu** do i have to try again? Tell me exactly what fool.

You quoted a member of sony Ice team been polite about the bullshit Brad wardell claim,and like always you selectively quote what you like as if i didn't know that article buffoon.

Hey look i fix it now you can see the PART you on Purpose left out hypocrite,what is that a developer stating that people should doubt performance gains claims,yeah i know that simply would not help your argument which is why you left it out..

Treyarch software engineer Dan Olson had a less amused take. “Here’s an article… no idea why people go on record for stuff like this. http://www.neowin.net/news/directx-12-a-game-changer-for-xbox-one

COD developer Is clear the developer from Treyarch knows that he is LYING.

Programmer Dean Ashton found it downright hilarious. Either that or life-threatening judging by his response. “2x perf on Xbox One when using DX12? That article nearly made me choke on my cup of tea.

You only see what you want to see and that is what make you a total buffoon.

It’s perhaps Billy O’Neal’s response that is most telling, seeing as he is a C# and C++ developer at Microsoft. “Both major consoles have a large number of weak sauce CPU cores. Hence the motivation to optimize that case.” Would any one from the company really go on record and say that?

Other industry professionals were much more skeptical though. Rich Forster, programmer on SCE’s R&D PhyreEngine team, stated that, “Well that made me smile: http://www.neowin.net/news/directx-12-a-game-changer-for-xbox-one DX12 will push GPUs twice as hard leading to overheating

This is even more simple one,pushing harder your GPU make it hotter,pushing the xbox one to double its performance would simply overheat the unit,that if we ignore that the whole 2X crap was bullshit and over hype done by a developer making PR for MS probably in the same way Arch developer is,which out of nowhere comes praising the unit..lol

You can't understand this because you are to obsessed with winning,and simply will refuse arguments with crap you believe is relevant but that really isn't or steer the argument away from the point,like you try to do claiming that DX12 would not solve the xbox one CU bound issues is not about that,is about Brad Wardell LIES.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By tormentos

@endofaugust said:
@Livecommander said:

You've got to be kidding me, it's not just her face, it's everything... Also lol at that conspiracy theory.

What are you arguing here? That the face show a texture to reflect dirt that is missing on PS4 Pro? Does that shows the HUGE power of the XBO X? You can clearly see there is better work done on its cloths,hair and face than on Pro ,but that isn't an indication of more power,in fact the extra detail could had been added as extra,and has probably nothing to do with power.

Can you explain why the PC version at ultra lack the effect on the face as well?

Is clear that the xbox one version was re touched vs the other counter parts and is not new,is something that has been happening with TB for a long time.

Proving my point look at lara's back see the radio? Yeah is totally absent on the PC version on Ultra,is not a case of power is a case of the developer further adding and improving over previous version...

On the flip side, all the Definitive Edition graphical extras - such as the dynamic foliage and the impressive sub-surface scattering - are absent from the PC, which represents another (albeit smaller) compromise.

This is a quote from DF on Tomb Raider definitive edition release on 2014,notice how the PS4 and xbox one version have features added over PC? Dynamic foliage which was clear to see when you stand on the forest trees would swing to win on consoles not so much on PC.

So it not really a power difference here what you see and more of an extra refinement over previous versions.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#158 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Xbox, LOL.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@Heil68 said:

lol..lems in damage control.

lol... cows butthurt agian.

Current gen 8 console leader and looks like overall console leader of gen 8 and most recent AAAAE 10/10 Exclusive, plus the other avalanche of world class exclusives, does make my wallet cry. awwww yeahhhhh

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@tormentos: Thank you. Until a mulitplatform game comes out simultaneously any noticable advantages are prone to being nothing more than later on added effects. To this day driveclubs weather(og ps4) looks better than the new forza. better resoulution can only help so much. cant wait the last of us 2 to put every x1x game to shame graphiclly. lower res or not lol

they shudda made it 400 dollars. i would have no defense and would consider it bargin at the least. And theres the fact that were reaching 5 years into the gen too smh.

Still a great option for achievement havers nonetheless

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

So from what I can understand in here is we know based on numbers that x1x is a stronger box...But we have a few mad cows that don't think games on it won't look better ? so they trying to dig up crap

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@granddogg said:

So from what I can understand in here is we know based on numbers that x1x is a stronger box...But we have a few mad cows that don't think games on it won't look better ? so they trying to dig up crap

Multiplats will look better for sure.......exclusives will arguably still look better on the Pro due to it having games like Horizon and Uncharted as a good base line to work from.

Xbone offers Xbone X an inferior baseline to work from...... so it will be interesting to see how the exclusives hold up.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 tormentos

@Livecommander said:
Loading Video...

Wow... a really big lol.. No wonder the first comparison DF did between the Pro and PC sow the textures is also missing on PC even that it is running the highest settings.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By EndofAugust
@tormentos said:
@endofaugust said:

Nyadc came after B4X and yes it was established as one of your alts with exactly the same MO.

So yeah you are a joke and you use pathetic double standards to measure both consoles PROVEN.

Dude is not me, I don't know what to tell you. Nothing has been established except that you've made an assertion, and I'm telling you that it's 100% incorrect.

@Livecommander said:

@tormentos: Thank you. Until a mulitplatform game comes out simultaneously any noticable advantages are prone to being nothing more than later on added effects. To this day driveclubs weather(og ps4) looks better than the new forza. better resoulution can only help so much. cant wait the last of us 2 to put every x1x game to shame graphiclly. lower res or not lol

they shudda made it 400 dollars. i would have no defense and would consider it bargin at the least. And theres the fact that were reaching 5 years into the gen too smh.

Still a great option for achievement havers nonetheless

Driveclub is a 30 FPS circuit racer, Forza is a 60 FPS circuit racer. How many times does that need to be reiterated for people to understand it?

@scatteh316 said:
@granddogg said:

Multiplats will look better for sure.......exclusives will arguably still look better on the Pro due to it having games like Horizon and Uncharted as a good base line to work from.

Xbone offers Xbone X an inferior baseline to work from...... so it will be interesting to see how the exclusives hold up.

That's not how games are developed.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@endofaugust said:

@ronvalencia said:

Again, DX12 will NOT solve CU bound issues, but it mitigates CPU bound issues.

PS4 ICE Team programmer Cort Stratton was asked if Wardell’s claim about DirectX12 doubling Xbox One’s GPU speed was plausible. In response, he stated that, “New SDKs can significantly improve performance on the same hardware, yes. Dunno about DX12/X1 specifically, of course; not my dept.

He also said that people have a right to be skeptical about performance gains. “Good; always be suspicious of ANY perf. improvement claims. e.g. what *exactly* got 50-100% faster? Faster than what? Details!

Response from Microsoft's Visual Studio team on Wardell's claims.

Billy O'Neal is a Sr. SDE working at Microsoft on the Visual C++ Libraries team.

Try again Tormented.

I'm only supporting X1X as long it follows GeForce GTX 980 Ti's TFLOPS, memory bandwidth and L2 cache balance.

This is not about DX12 solving anything dude,stop grasping and spinning.

This is about Brad Wardell openly lying about gains related to DX12

Brad Wardell claim the xbox one was the biggest beneficiary of DX12,and that owners would get a platforms twice as fast with it,this is a very specific comment which only intention was to make like the xbox one would gain parity with the PS4 or even surpass it as 2 X xbox one power >> PS4 1.84TF.

What the fu** do i have to try again? Tell me exactly what fool.

You quoted a member of sony Ice team been polite about the bullshit Brad wardell claim,and like always you selectively quote what you like as if i didn't know that article buffoon.

Hey look i fix it now you can see the PART you on Purpose left out hypocrite,what is that a developer stating that people should doubt performance gains claims,yeah i know that simply would not help your argument which is why you left it out..

Treyarch software engineer Dan Olson had a less amused take. “Here’s an article… no idea why people go on record for stuff like this. http://www.neowin.net/news/directx-12-a-game-changer-for-xbox-one

COD developer Is clear the developer from Treyarch knows that he is LYING.

Programmer Dean Ashton found it downright hilarious. Either that or life-threatening judging by his response. “2x perf on Xbox One when using DX12? That article nearly made me choke on my cup of tea.

You only see what you want to see and that is what make you a total buffoon.

It’s perhaps Billy O’Neal’s response that is most telling, seeing as he is a C# and C++ developer at Microsoft. “Both major consoles have a large number of weak sauce CPU cores. Hence the motivation to optimize that case.” Would any one from the company really go on record and say that?

Other industry professionals were much more skeptical though. Rich Forster, programmer on SCE’s R&D PhyreEngine team, stated that, “Well that made me smile: http://www.neowin.net/news/directx-12-a-game-changer-for-xbox-one DX12 will push GPUs twice as hard leading to overheating

This is even more simple one,pushing harder your GPU make it hotter,pushing the xbox one to double its performance would simply overheat the unit,that if we ignore that the whole 2X crap was bullshit and over hype done by a developer making PR for MS probably in the same way Arch developer is,which out of nowhere comes praising the unit..lol

You can't understand this because you are to obsessed with winning,and simply will refuse arguments with crap you believe is relevant but that really isn't or steer the argument away from the point,like you try to do claiming that DX12 would not solve the xbox one CU bound issues is not about that,is about Brad Wardell LIES.

Fkoff with your BradW BS. It has nothing to do with X1X.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

1-That chart is Right the xbox one can't connect to DDR3 memory at 68GB/s and 30GB/s at the same time,the CPU and system get 30GB/s from the main ram pool which mean at any point any component will connect to the DDR3 pool using 68GB/s because that would imply 98GB/s and not 68GB/s,your math is totally skew.

2-What you are quoting there moron was a mistake not an invention i crossed Vega 64 with vega 56 bandwidth a simple error not that i intentionally increased the bandwidth ass.

Contrary to what you do i mixed the bandwidth from 2 models,so trying to hold to it as if i was making false claims is a total joke.

Yes is does you bombastic moron,it goes to show HOW developers would lie to hype the xbox one brand,Ark developer like Brad Wardell came out of nowhere and started praising the xbox one X to more than it actually is.

Again Vega 56 own the shit out of the xbox one X and is just 9% higher than a 1070gtx.

@endofaugust said:

Dude is not me, I don't know what to tell you. Nothing has been established except that you've made an assertion, and I'm telling you that it's 100% incorrect.

You know what the problem with you is,you have exactly the same MO on all your accounts.

Act as a PC gamer,with many years gaming but only defend the xbox one,then what solidify you as YOU is the epic meltdowns and double standard you use when things go or don't go your way.

Simply put you are as hard headed on this account as you were on each and every other of your accounts including B4X.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts

Poo cows, poo, poo cows, a break can not be caught these dayzzzz.

Mighty X1X MonsterBox... Yeah baby, yeah!! :P

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Never seen the Bovine brigade this angry.

They are just going in circles at this point. The One X hasn't even launched yet and they are melting down over a two year old game that looks better on the new system. My God what are they going to be like when new games launch?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 tormentos

@kuu2 said:

Never seen the Bovine brigade this angry.

They are just going in circles at this point. The One X hasn't even launched yet and they are melting down over a two year old game that looks better on the new system. My God what are they going to be like when new games launch?

You see no difference between 720p and 1080p so you simply can't participate of any graphics comparison..

Hahahhaaaaaaaaaa....

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 kuu2

@tormentos: El Tomato please give us your ultra long list of games that are 720p on The One and 1080p on PS4.

I will wait.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 tormentos

@kuu2 said:

@tormentos: El Tomato please give us your ultra long list of games that are 720p on The One and 1080p on PS4.

I will wait.

I don't need to... What i had to do i already did it,i establish that you downplayed gaps as big as 720p vs 1080p.

If you could not see a difference between 100%+ pixel gap before the XBO X i think you would not be able to see it after the XBO X release.

You know what the problem with you lemmings will be.? That you are on record not only defending but damage controlling 720p,so how you honestly attack 1800p CB or dynamic 4k when you defended 720p will be the biggest issue.

I don't have a problem admitting that there is a Visible difference between 4k and 1440p,between 4k native and 4k CB between 4k and 1800p,because there is ONE you can see it,well at least i can for sure,you won't see me claiming that there is no difference because there is.

And that is where You and several other lemmings failed,you could not see the different and now all of the sudden you can again,i most say again because for the 360 you lemmings saw gaps as small a 640p vs 720p in games like GTA4 and RDR,it was at the start of this gen that you lose sight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#174 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kuu2 said:

I will wait.

You know what the problem with you lemmings will be.? That you are on record not only defending but damage controlling 720p,so how you honestly attack 1800p CB or dynamic 4k when you defended 720p will be the biggest issue.

You know what the problem with cows will be.? That they are on record not only defending but hyping 1080p,so how they honestly attack higher textures, and true 4k when they hyped 1080p will be the biggest issue.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 kuu2

@tormentos: Exactly you throw some moronic Bovine like statement out with zero proof of games at that reso.

All gen you specifically harped on reso. Now that the ProFauxKis the weaker console you simply want to forget.

Too bad. From here on out Lems won't let anyone forget which console puts out the best looking games by a wide margin. Much greater than The One and PS4. So sit back, and enjoy the ride that the Cows have sowed. It will be very bumpy for you.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 tormentos

@FastRobby said:

You know what the problem with cows will be.? That they are on record not only defending but hyping 1080p,so how they honestly attack higher textures, and true 4k when they hyped 1080p will be the biggest issue.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

True 4k....Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

But seriously the xbox one X will have higher textures and higher resolution and nothing will change that,there is no damage control or cries about how is look exactly the same and you can't tell any difference like YOU lemmings did..

Oh and don't forget that while you have the best console version you also have the worst in most multiplatforms the xbox one S isn't going away neither do the 30+ million xbox one owners already.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 kuu2

@tormentos: Man I wish I could read whatever language it was that you spoke.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 tormentos

@kuu2 said:

@tormentos: Man I wish I could read whatever language it was that you spoke.

I wish i could have your bullshit creating powers..lol

Now keep playing dumb while i keep laughing at you for your 180's....

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#179  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@tormentos said:
@FastRobby said:

But seriously the xbox one X will have higher textures and higher resolution and nothing will change that,there is no damage control or cries about how is look exactly the same and you can't tell any difference like YOU lemmings did..

Oh and don't forget that while you have the best console version you also have the worst in most multiplatforms the xbox one S isn't going away neither do the 30+ million xbox one owners already.

Quote me

And lol there's a lot of DC from cows at the moment

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4863 Posts

Two groups are guilty in this crazy place.

HARDCORE Lems are guilty of hyping a more powerful console now, when they discredited the value months ago.

HARDCORE Cows are guilty of downplaying a more powerful console now, when they hyped the value months ago. They are also guilty of moving the measuring stick to "But does it do 60fps" when 60fps has always been a secondary or tertiary desire.

EVERYONE else comes to this place and laughs at the people who puts so much effort into trying to convince others to think like them (some of whom are paid not to).

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 EndofAugust

@tormentos said:

You know what the problem with you is,you have exactly the same MO on all your accounts.

Act as a PC gamer,with many years gaming but only defend the xbox one,then what solidify you as YOU is the epic meltdowns and double standard you use when things go or don't go your way.

Simply put you are as hard headed on this account as you were on each and every other of your accounts including B4X.

I don't have a problem, you have a problem. I'm not this guy, I can tell you every single account that has ever been under my control and B4X is simply not one of them.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

1-That chart is Right the xbox one can't connect to DDR3 memory at 68GB/s and 30GB/s at the same time,the CPU and system get 30GB/s from the main ram pool which mean at any point any component will connect to the DDR3 pool using 68GB/s because that would imply 98GB/s and not 68GB/s,your math is totally skew.

2-What you are quoting there moron was a mistake not an invention i crossed Vega 64 with vega 56 bandwidth a simple error not that i intentionally increased the bandwidth ass.

Contrary to what you do i mixed the bandwidth from 2 models,so trying to hold to it as if i was making false claims is a total joke.

Yes is does you bombastic moron,it goes to show HOW developers would lie to hype the xbox one brand,Ark developer like Brad Wardell came out of nowhere and started praising the xbox one X to more than it actually is.

Again Vega 56 own the shit out of the xbox one X and is just 9% higher than a 1070gtx.

So? You have just posted incomplete paper specs for VEGA 56/64 that focused on CU power.

Quoting TFLOPS is meaningless without context.

The difference between Brad Wardell and ARC devs is ARC Survival is actually running on X1X and GTX 1070, and it's NOT CPU heavy PC RTS game.

ARC Survival is based on UE4 which X1X was purposely hardware modified for this 3D engine and there's plenty of games that runs on UE4.

Did you know CU's TFLOPS are not the only source for math compute operations for graphics?

Notice, Logic Operations as alternative to blending being exposed in Direct3D 11.1 for Hawaii GCN's RBE. Did you forget Wii's fix function pixel pipelines?

The total cache for Hawaii GCN's RBE is 384 KB while X1X has 2 MB or 2048KB render cache which is the same size as Polaris 10/X1X/PS4 Pro CU's 2 MB L2 cache.

NVIDIA Paxwell's RBE has access to L2 cache in a few MB storage e.g. GM200's RBEs has 3 MB L2 cache, GP104's RBEs has 2 MB L2 cache, GP102's RBEs has 3 MB L2 cache, GP106's RBEs has 1.5 MB L2 cache and VEGA 56/64's RBEs has 4 MB L2 cache.

TFLOPS by itself is useless without data sets being stored on fast memory storage e.g. cache storage.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-scorpio-tech-revealed

We quadrupled the GPU L2 cache size, again for targeting the 4K performance."

Too bad for you, X1X GPU's 2MB L2 cache can be used for rendering in addition to X1X's 2 MB render cache. The total cache for rendering below L1 cache for X1X is 4MB which is similar to Vega 56/64's shared (TMU/ROPS) 4 MB L2 cache.

X1X has some VEGA related improvements.

Pascal GPUs has benefits from DCC boost with up to 100 percent compression boost, hence

GP104's 2MB cache has 2 MB to 4 MB dynamic

GP102's 3MB cache has 3 MB to 6 MB dynamic. Vega only has 4MB L2 cache with Polaris DCC being applied at memory controller level (I have AMD's PPT slide that states this for Polars 10).

MS decided to boost X1X's RBE (graphics pipeline end point) math performance for their games instead of selecting Vega's NCU.

Note R9-390 only has 5.1 TFLOPS which shows RX-580 being bottle-necked by memory bandwidth and graphics pipeline e.g. small rendering cache.

Vega is not scaling well from R9-390's 5.1 TFLOPS. It sucks when you have graphics hardware not scaling with CU's TFLOPS power.

Both GTX 1060 (~4.9 TFLOPS) and R9-390 (5.1 TFLOPS) has similar TFLOPS range and similar summary results at 4K.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10540/the-geforce-gtx-1060-founders-edition-asus-strix-review/17

1060 FE has max boost of 1911 MHz which yields about 4.9 TFLOPS.

The basics for modern GPU

1. CU (compute shader) <--> TMU <--> L2 cache = Compute Engine path. This is the newer GpGPU workload path.

2. CU (pixel shader) <--> ROPS/RBE <--> L2 cache (Paxwell, VEGA) or Render cache (X1X) = This is the classic GPU workload path. Older AMD GPU's RBE has tiny cache and AMD/Sony was hoping this classic workload path dies.

Now, understand why AMD/Sony is pushing for compute/async compute optimizations.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Cows ITT: OLD GAMES SUX LOLOL NO EXCLUSIVEZZ

*Procees to pay a shit ton of money on shitty remasters*

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 ronvalencia

@endofaugust said:
@Livecommander said:

Play Blur 4 Pro. LOL.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By tormentos
@ronvalencia said:

So? You have just posted incomplete paper specs for VEGA 56/64 that focused on CU power.

The difference between Brad Wardell and ARC devs is ARC Survival is actually running on X1X and GTX 1070, and it's NOT CPU heavy PC RTS game.

I didn't post shit part of the beauty of the English language is understanding it,you simply can't write but can't understand what it is been say to you,even put on simple words.

I crossed the bandwidth in other words it was a mistake,not what you usually do that you start to quote time and time again the same wrong crap.

WTF.? Get the fu** out with that bullshit Tflops matter only when the xbox one has the advantage right you hypocrite joke of a poster?

Vega 56 has 10.5 TF and is not a cut down shit like the xbox one X version that is Polaris with some vega features no Vega 56 is full VEGA,every single feature on it is superior to the XBO X including CU by the way,stop trying to downplay the Tflops gap between both,Vega 56 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> xbox one X and is just 9% from a 1070GTX.

Another thing i want to see is the finish product is not the first time MS show something and end up been lower quality wise to what they show,and they have a deb kit that surpass the xbox one X own specs 44CU 24 TF of ram,any game shown on one of this dev kits need to be taken with a grain of salt because contrary to the Pro,xbox one and PS4 the devkit in question actually has more power than the base consoles,which is not the same with the prior models as those devkits only have more ram.

There is no difference both were making silly claims and Brad Wardell LIE you still to this day refuse to admit it because you are a blind MS suck up,you simply can't admit anything bad about MS,Brad wardell Lie and DX12 didn't double the xbox one power.

Non of the bullshit you just post there is relevant to the argument at hand as always you want to argue crap no one is arguing.

@ronvalencia said:

Play Blur 4 Pro. LOL.

It was confirmed that DF compared screens that show damage in lara croft face that wasn't present on PS4 because when the play it on PS4 they took no damage,what you see on her face is missing on PS4 Pro because they did no take damage on PS4 but the effect is on the PS4 version confirmed and they didn't clear that up and make seen like the XBO X had extra textures on the face when it really didn't.

But i find funny that you of all people call the Pro blur when the xbox one had 720p games since launch and you didn't complain hell Titanfall 2 drops to 480p on xbox one and you say SHIT now that is blur...

1800p CB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 720p..lol on the Blurbox one.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

I didn't post shit part of the beauty of the English language is understanding it,you simply can't write but can't understand what it is been say to you,even put on simple words.

I crossed the bandwidth in other words it was a mistake,not what you usually do that you start to quote time and time again the same wrong crap.

WTF.? Get the fu** out with that bullshit Tflops matter only when the xbox one has the advantage right you hypocrite joke of a poster?

Vega 56 has 10.5 TF and is not a cut down shit like the xbox one X version that is Polaris with some vega features no Vega 56 is full VEGA,every single feature on it is superior to the XBO X including CU by the way,stop trying to downplay the Tflops gap between both,Vega 56 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> xbox one X and is just 9% from a 1070GTX.

What features from full featured Vega that is applicable for current 3D game engines? Atm, all I see is Vega 56 is acting like large scale PolarisPlus GPU.

10 TFLOPS / PS4's 1.84 TFLOPS = 5.4X

PS4 has 135 GBps effective memory bandwidth x 5.4X = ~734 GBps <--------- This is why Vega 56 has bad TFLOPS scaling. Four stacks HBM v2 is very expensive, hence AMD selected two stack HBM v2 with 410 GBps physical memory bandwidth for Vega 56. Vega seems have zero improvements with Polaris DCC.

You're working on assumption with Vega 56's 10 TFLOPS vs X1X's 6 TFLOPS = X1X is 60 percent of Vega 56, therefore X1X is about 51 percent of GTX 1070? Might as well go home and roll a PC with a bloody R9-285 GPU or something with GeForce 1050. Such assumption can GTFO.

Can you guarantee my old R9-390X can deliver Forza Motorsport 7 at 4K Ultra 60 fps?

@tormentos said:

Another thing i want to see is the finish product is not the first time MS show something and end up been lower quality wise to what they show,and they have a deb kit that surpass the xbox one X own specs 44CU 24 TF of ram,any game shown on one of this dev kits need to be taken with a grain of salt because contrary to the Pro,xbox one and PS4 the devkit in question actually has more power than the base consoles,which is not the same with the prior models as those devkits only have more ram.

Forza Motorsport 6 has 3D person NPCs i.e. it's late by a single Forza release.

@tormentos said:

There is no difference both were making silly claims and Brad Wardell LIE you still to this day refuse to admit it because you are a blind MS suck up,you simply can't admit anything bad about MS,Brad wardell Lie and DX12 didn't double the xbox one power.

Brad Wardell has nothing to do with X1X and MS itself has added their response to Brad Wardell's claim i.e. "weak sauce CPU".

@tormentos said:

Non of the bullshit you just post there is relevant to the argument at hand as always you want to argue crap no one is arguing.

Your posts are bullshit. MS has made their comments on Brad Wardell 's claims i.e. "weak sauce CPU".

Since Brad Wardell has nothing to do with X1X, I'll keep posting the following.

@tormentos said:

It was confirmed that DF compared screens that show damage in lara croft face that wasn't present on PS4 because when the play it on PS4 they took no damage,what you see on her face is missing on PS4 Pro because they did no take damage on PS4 but the effect is on the PS4 version confirmed and they didn't clear that up and make seen like the XBO X had extra textures on the face when it really didn't.

@tormentos said:

But i find funny that you of all people call the Pro blur when the xbox one had 720p games since launch and you didn't complain hell Titanfall 2 drops to 480p on xbox one and you say SHIT now that is blur...

Is that suppose to trigger me? I'll out-source XBO bashing to the cows like you.

Why should I complain about Titanfall 2 dropping to 480p on XBO?

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

What features from full featured Vega that is applicable for current 3D game engines? Atm, all I see is Vega 56 is acting like large scale PolarisPlus GPU.

10 TFLOPS / PS4's 1.84 TFLOPS = 5.4X

PS4 has 135 GBps effective memory bandwidth x 5.4X = ~734 GBps <--------- This is why Vega 56 has bad TFLOPS scaling. Four stacks HBM v2 is very expensive, hence AMD selected two stack HBM v2 with 410 GBps physical memory bandwidth for Vega 56. Vega seems have zero improvements with Polaris DCC.

You're working on assumption with Vega 56's 10 TFLOPS vs X1X's 6 TFLOPS = X1X is 60 percent of Vega 56, therefore X1X is about 51 percent of GTX 1070? Might as well go home and roll a PC with a bloody R9-285 GPU or something with GeForce 1050. Such assumption can GTFO.

Can you guarantee my old R9-390X can deliver Forza Motorsport 7 at 4K Ultra 60 fps?

@tormentos said:

Forza Motorsport 6 has 3D person NPCs i.e. it's late by a single Forza release.

@tormentos said:

Brad Wardell has nothing to do with X1X and MS itself has added their response to Brad Wardell's claim i.e. "weak sauce CPU".

@tormentos said:

Your posts are bullshit. MS has made their comments on Brad Wardell 's claims i.e. "weak sauce CPU".

Since Brad Wardell has nothing to do with X1X, I'll keep posting the following.

@tormentos said:

@tormentos said:

Is that suppose to trigger me? I'll out-source XBO bashing to the cows like you.

Shut up. Also, you use RGB meme lights in your PC.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 ronvalencia

@Jebus213 said:

Shut up. Also, you use RGB meme lights in your PC.

No, you shut up.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos said:

@tormentos said:

1-Hahahaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa NOw you are downplaying Vega 56 which >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> XBO X.

How can you even try are you this invested in defending MS how much are you getting for this kind of shilling.?

If Vega 56 as a giant polaris plus what the fu** does that make the shitty xbox one X which is a half baked Polaris with some vega features thrown in.?

You simply can't be serious can you stop for a second and pull your head from inside MS ass?

That Vega GPU that you are downplaying is 10.5TF has higher bandwidth than XBO X and not shared by the way,and full Vega feature and perks,you downplaying Vega is like the ultimate joke ever.

2-Brad Wardell lie for MS much like Ark developer is doing now and you EATE IT.

3-Oh look is that dishonest picture DF did where they show lara on XBO X with face damage while they showed clean lara on PS4 Pro then didn't clarify that the reason the extra textures on the face show on xbox is because they took actual damage.

4-You are not a PC game you are a lemming stop acting like a PC gamer all you do here is talk about the xbox and damage control anything xbox,and falsely claim to have like 200 PC...lol