Dark Souls VS. The Witcher 2

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pcps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 pcps360
Member since 2011 • 216 Posts

[QUOTE="pcps360"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Dude, dark and demons souls are much alike in gameplay. You cant argue this....Some-Mist

If the whole world structure revamp, mage class, spell combat system overhaul and additional hundred new weapon and animation is consider similar, well "Dude", then i can doom 1 and crysis are much the same game, and you can't argue with that.

lol...there's no new animation with the exception of the falling attack...

other than not being able to use a catalyst for fire spells (fire has always been a separate property from the other magic), how did they overhaul the spell combat system??

'hundreds' of new weapons doesn't change the fact that the gameplay is nearly identical. what do you mean by mage c lass?? there was a priest and royal class in demon's souls....both of which were magic classes...not like the c lasses matter anyways with the exception of starting stat distribution and equips.

I get the feeling you haven't played demon's souls....or dark souls... or both. The only point you have is the world structure, but the bonfires act just as a nexus would anyways..consider it a 'moving nexus'.

------

for the record I think dark souls is awesome, and I'm a huge fan of both souls games. just please don't associate or think thatany of these biased posters represent the fans of dark souls as a whole.

you don't seem to know what you are talking about, what made demon's soul so amazing is that the combat animation is always followed by your weapon, there's almost no 2 weapon wield the same way, especially epic weapon, some even give you AOE spell attack like the katana you get from 3rd zone in demon's soul, that's what made the whole experience so rewarding, unlike TW2. And in dark souls, weapon arsenal is at least 5 times as big. your experience clearly sound like someone who give up on demon's soul in the first 20 mins, I clocked 180 hours in demon's soul and 60 hrs in dark soul to know what I'm talking, and I finished beat TW1 and TW2 once and never want go back.
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts

[QUOTE="ducati101"]

[QUOTE="pcps360"] ?? what kind statement is this? maybe because I own a ps3 and played it? lol! my feeling to what platform? can you read my name handle? FABLE3??what??? why should I care about fable 3 and when did I made a single comment about it? just so you know I haven't touched my 360 for nearly a year. Jeues, I swear, PC and ps3 fanboys would go riot for any lame reason if they see a "360" anywhere in your context before they care to read anything else. pcps360

Oh give it up, we all now who you are. All these alt accounts aren't fooling anyone! Learn to spell, it's a dead give away ;)

lol funny, I have no idea who you referring to, but with spelling skill like that, I wouldn't pick on someone else's if I were you :lol"

Honey, their is such thing as a typo then their is consistently spelling the same word wrong in 4 different accounts ;)

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#153 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts

? FABLE3??what??? why should I care about fable 3 and when did I made a single comment about it? pcps360

Care about it, because it''s better than both Dark souls and The Witcher 2.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#154 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I enjoyed both, haven't gotten far in ether of them but love the dark fantasy setting of both, Witcher has a better story though hands down.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#156 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

your experience clearly sound like someone who give up on demon's soul in the first 20 mins, I clocked 180 hours in demon's soul and 60 hrs in dark soul to know what I'm talking, and I finished beat TW1 and TW2 once and never want go back.pcps360

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=CHAOSPHERE27

I had the asian version preordered...which is why you can see that I have 2 trophy sets and I acquired all boss trophies before any guide was released or any wikidot was formed. I acquired the platinum trophy on the US version 3 weeks after the game was released.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/demonssoul/player_review.html?id=659675&tag=contributions%3Breview6 I wrote a full review (May 18, 2009) for the game before you probably even heard of it..

mind you, the asian version was more difficult than the U.S. release because phalanx only affected boletaria's world tendency...meaning that all the other worlds started of neutral and not +1, meaning that you have to kill 3 bosses per world instead of two to achieve a pure white world tendency...and as you should know, the more 'white' your world tendency is, the more damage you deal to monsters and the less damage they deal to you. The asian version wasn't patched until after the release of the U.S. version.

my dark souls trophies should register up there too, since I beat the game last week and spent 75 hours beating the game, farming chunks, crafting, and pvping before I beat it..but you're right. I guess it does sound like I gave up in the first 20 minutes.

And I wasn't even trying to get into a pissing match here..

what a laughable claim, casters for example, almost none of the spells from dark souls are borrowed from Demon, and spell casting time and reach make the mage combat a completely different experience, not to mention the handful changes in melee combat system. if that's not an overhaul then what else is? it's a very complex and well rounded system to begin with anyway. and ask yourself, what TW2 changed from TW1 exactly except the graphic engine and that downgraded combat system LOL! pcps360
I didn't say TW2 changed anything from TW1, and I can care less too because I enjoy the souls games more.

but here are some spells borrowed from demon's souls:
soul arrow
homing soul arrow renamed homing soulmass
enchant weapon renamed magic weapon
fireball
fire spray renamed fire surge
fire storm
poison cloud renamed poison mist

and that's not even all of them.

handful of changes made to the melee system? like what?

you don't seem to know what you are talking about, what made demon's soul so amazing is that the combat animation is always followed by your weapon, there's almost no 2 weapon wield the same way, especially epic weapon, some even give you AOE spell attack like the katana you get from 3rd zone in demon's soul, that's what made the whole experience so rewarding, unlike TW2. pcps360
almost all weapon c lasses function the same/have the same sets of attacks with very minor differences. Even when comparing demon's souls to dark souls... i.e. all spears have similar or the same attacks, all curved swords have the same or similar attacks, all straight swords have similar or the same attacks and so fourth..which weapon(s) have move sets that are completely new and have different animation from demon's souls?

notice you're the only person that claims that dark souls has all these drastic changes when compared to demon's souls...and I'm the one who doesn't know what I'm talking about? lol..

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#157 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

[QUOTE="pcps360"]? FABLE3??what??? why should I care about fable 3 and when did I made a single comment about it? Badosh

Care about it, because it''s better than both Dark souls and The Witcher 2.

Yeah, but then again, the only harcore action RPG that beats Fable 3 is Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#158 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Witcher 2. The game was brilliant, only bad thing was that the world didn't feel as big as it could have.