Dark Souls VS. The Witcher 2

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 0

#102 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"][QUOTE="Cloud567kar"]

No, just no...

juno84

Nice argument. Film has been around for a century, and the medium has had plenty of time to perfect it's storytelling. Games have only been around for a few decades and haven't even come close to other mediums in the way of storytelling. Saying otherwise is being highly disrespectful to the older mediums and what people have achieved with them over the decades.

I thought the Witcher was based on the books of a Polish author. Film is often very shotty in story telling compared to mediums such as books, which have been around a lot longer. The condensed two hour format and rampant commercialization have made movies pretty hit or miss. When people say "the book was better", they aren't lying. (See, pretty easy to be dismissive of a medium...)

That's with anything though. There's crappy books, crappy movies, crappy games, etc. Just saying that video games have yet to even compare with the quality of storytelling in other mediums, and I'm not sure if they ever will.
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#103 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

No, it is not close, you cant replace a book with a few dialog choices

There is a bit of a difference between 10 pages of dialogs and 300 pages of a book

loosingENDS

of course...but as an interactive story-telling medium it does the job almost flawlessly. Keep in mind, you said it doesn't match the story of a book OR movie.

a movie is typically 5 times shorter than a video game, and often times games (like MGS4 lol) have more storytelling than movies ..in addition to being interactive.

what choices did you make in the witcher 2 and how did your story unravel? did you use your save file from the original witcher game?
keep in mind, I voiced my opinion in this thread and I liked dark souls more...it's just that you souls fanboys often baffle me. almost as biased as it gets.

While i did like Withcer 2, i just found the gameplay a lot of linear and boring and the world and monster design and combat very basic, so i cant consider it anywhere close to Dark Souls just because of the story and two major choices that change the 3rd chapter a bit

I played it once, so i have only seen the aspect of joining the elves and did not import Withcer 1 saves, i had those erased for a long time

I plan to play the other way on the 360 version, since i played low on my non gaming PC and will look far better on 360, so i am saving the 2ond playthrough for xbox

the combat design in the souls games is just as basic...which isn't a bad thing either.
and for the witcher 2 it's not just about the story, but character development and the faux realism of how the town(s) function/interact with Geralt. even though it has nothing to do with my enjoyment of the game, the witcher 2 is also one of the most beautiful looking games I've ever played.

There's a lot more to the game than its story, however, that's one of the best parts of the series. In comparison to other videogames, it's among the best in that aspect.

now I'm more of a gameplay based gamer anyways, which is why my genre of choice is danmaku shmups, but I definitely found the story and many parts in the game...incredible. But I'm more of a fan of the original witcher just as I'm more of a fan of demon's souls than dark souls.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="juno84"]

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"] Nice argument. Film has been around for a century, and the medium has had plenty of time to perfect it's storytelling. Games have only been around for a few decades and haven't even come close to other mediums in the way of storytelling. Saying otherwise is being highly disrespectful to the older mediums and what people have achieved with them over the decades.Master_ShakeXXX

I thought the Witcher was based on the books of a Polish author. Film is often very shotty in story telling compared to mediums such as books, which have been around a lot longer. The condensed two hour format and rampant commercialization have made movies pretty hit or miss. When people say "the book was better", they aren't lying. (See, pretty easy to be dismissive of a medium...)

That's with anything though. There's crappy books, crappy movies, crappy games, etc. Just saying that video games have yet to even compare with the quality of storytelling in other mediums, and I'm not sure if they ever will.

even if they don't, they do what they set out to do and they do it well. The best part about videgames is that they could focus more on detail than a movie, since games are typically 5-10 times as long as a 1-2 hour movie.

the games you listed definitely have good stories (though I haven't played metroid prime yet, but it's in my backlog), but I think you really need to check something out like planescape: torment or xenogears.. have you at least played the original witcher? I'd rank that game pretty high as well.

pcps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 pcps360
Member since 2011 • 216 Posts

Again,I´ve already seen a big chunk of Dark Souls to know that the core game is almost the same,while TW1 is in most ways completely diferent than TW2. So yeah,I just because I haven´t played it doesn´t meant that I´m blind,almost everything I saw from that playthrough is super similar to the first game,while if I look at TW1 and then at TW2,it´s not even close,it has obvious similarities but it hardly looks like the same game. Just because Dark doesn´t have world tendencies and it´s more open world,that doesn´t change the fact that the core experience is almost the same as Demon´s Souls,something that even reviewers state..

Arach666
again, you can stop right there, if a game reviewer could give score just by looking at pre release video then they wouldn't need to play the game themselves to save alot works, your last statment on the game and admit you haven't played the game is enough don't know you don't know what the jack you are talking about. and I can say the same about wticher 2, just because the graphic and combat system changed that doesn't mean the core experience has changed. so TW2 is pretty much TW1 in a new wax.
pcps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 pcps360

[QUOTE="pcps360"][QUOTE="Arach666"] The difference is,TW is very different from TW2,especially regarding the gameplay,Dark Souls plays exactly like Demon´s Souls,and looks almost exactly like Demon´s Souls,even the hud is basically the same thing lol.

I´ve been watching Josh´s playthrough of Dark Souls on Justintv and if I didn´t knew better,I thought he was playing Demon´s Souls.

ducati101

The difference is I play both and you haven't. for one, yet the wticher1 n 2's charter by charpter,and the converation driven mechanics are the same, for two Demon's souls is nothing like dark souls, start from world structure to combat system overhaul, so why comment on an object you clearly have no knowledge of?

How would you know how Demon's Soul is? It wasn't on the 360 and we all know your feelings towards other platforms ;) Still haven't gotten over Fable 3 flopping eh? Or KUF II getting cancelled on the 360? I prefer Demon's Soul to Dark Souls and I think the Witcher 2 is a better "RPG" than both.

?? what kind statement is this? maybe because I own a ps3 and played it? lol! my feeling to what platform? can you read my name handle? FABLE3??what??? why should I care about fable 3 and when did I made a single comment about it? just so you know I haven't touched my 360 for nearly a year. Jeues, I swear, PC and ps3 fanboys would go riot for any lame reason if they see a "360" anywhere in your context before they care to read anything else.
pcps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 pcps360

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Darth_Kane"]

The one that doesn't have a pathethic excuse for a story/plot. The one that actually has interesting characters and dialogue. The one where a single choice can change all the characters, quests and locations for the rest of the game

GD1551

I will take the one that has 1000x more fun, challenging, long and exiting gameplay and depth in combat and world design than linear stages and cut scenes, scripted "story changes" that games had for decades anyway and boring combat

Why do people keep saying dark souls gameplay is exciting? It's not. It's engaging but I don't really get excited playing it, NG and Bayonetta are exciting games. Also there's no depth in dark soul's combat, stop saying that. The depth comes from the amount of gear options available to you allowing you to handle situations completely differently.

GS really needs to ban this kind trollers, I've seen you and that panda avatar dude posting the same mindless statement over and over, you guys are likely on the same account and you two and first guy I argued all in common is that none of you played DS and yet trying to convince ppl TW2 is anywhere near DS's league, and now you are drag the topic off by comparing an RPG to action games. if that's not trolling I don't know what is. Combat wise nothing is more exicing and more thrilling than DS because 2 elements 1, enemies AI(the best i've seen in any game) 2 .and the handling of your own charter, that's the deal breaker there.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#108 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Witcher2 is RPGOTY for me(so far)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
[QUOTE="juno84"]

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"] Nice argument. Film has been around for a century, and the medium has had plenty of time to perfect it's storytelling. Games have only been around for a few decades and haven't even come close to other mediums in the way of storytelling. Saying otherwise is being highly disrespectful to the older mediums and what people have achieved with them over the decades.Master_ShakeXXX

What are you talking about? There are games with excellent approaches to storytelling. Just look at Metroid Prime, Half Life, or Bastion. I guess a MGS4 fan wouldn't understand good storytelling in games. :P
Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

uhhh my playthrough of the witcher 2 was a little over 50 hours and I barely touched any of the sidequests...
what choices did you make in your playthrough of the witcher 2? did you play the game on easy? even on easy not doing any sidequests the game should take 35-40 hours, but that's definitely not as much as dark souls.

Some-Mist

I did 2 playthroughs of The Witcher 2 in about 45 hours on normal accroding to Steam. I'm roughly 12 hours into my third playthrough on Dark and just started chapter 2? It's where you get to Henselt's camp, I always get mixed up on the chapters. I've been doing all the sidequests. I really don't see how this can be over 50 hours.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#111 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
This is a tough one. I'll have to decide between these two very similar games after I compare Skyrim to Uncharted 3.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#112 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

That's with anything though. There's crappy books, crappy movies, crappy games, etc. Just saying that video games have yet to even compare with the quality of storytelling in other mediums, and I'm not sure if they ever will.Master_ShakeXXX
One of the best things about Witcher 2 is how closely it managed to recreate the very unique style of storytelling and dialogue writing that Sapkowski is known for. I don't know how much of it survived through translation to english though.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 AdrianWerner

And the story and execution of it in a game is not of the same quality as a good movie or book.loosingENDS

Umm..no.. Witcher 2's story and it's execution is better than anything movies have ever managed to achieve in fantasy genre and it's on the level of good (not great, but good) novel.

Plus please...generally stories in movies are nowhere near the level of the ones found in books, but people still watch movies.

What was so completly different ? They were different, but the major areas etc are still same

loosingENDS

Umm..no. Depending on choices in Act 1 the Act 2 takes place in one of two completely different areas. If you actually played the game like you claim to you would know this.

Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
Both are great games but I prefer TW2. I like the dialogue and story better than Dark Souls and I usually put story before gameplay. Going by pure gameplay I would go with dark souls since there are some fairly cheap builds in TW2 that make the game a total cake walk unless you're playing on the highest difficulty setting.
edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Nice argument. Film has been around for a century, and the medium has had plenty of time to perfect it's storytelling. Games have only been around for a few decades and haven't even come close to other mediums in the way of storytelling. Saying otherwise is being highly disrespectful to the older mediums and what people have achieved with them over the decades.Master_ShakeXXX

Nobody is being disrespectful to the older mediums. We all enjoy movies. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Doesn't the fact that video games being a new medium gives them a plus though? They are catching up quite fast considering how new they are in the game. Don't forget that video games are the only medium that can deliver interactive storytelling. It makes the story more personal by letting you choose your character, making choices (or the illusion of them), it lets you travel around and discover places and characters at your own pace. That's something neither a book nor a movie offers. It's not at the same level with the older mediums yet but who knows what the future will bring. As a medium it has great potential.

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

[QUOTE="juno84"]

You have no idea what your talking about.

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#117 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

Witcher 2 is a better game

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I played Dark Souls right after The Witcher 2 and I would say they are pretty equal

Dark Souls has better combat, bosses, upgrades, and allows NG+

The Witcher 2 has better characters, dialogue, story, and graphics

They tie for atmosphere

Adversary16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#119 Adversary16
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts
I haven't played Dark Souls but I really enjoyed The Witcher 2. It's evident that the developers have worked really hard on the game and their dedication is probably the best I've ever seen. Yet, it has its flaws. Essentially, the first act is great but the subsequent levels pale in comparison.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50704 Posts
[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="pcps360"] oh interesting, so, I played TW1, dull as hell, but I should know TW2 is duller because they are so similar even though I never TW2. Best logic in the world pcps360

The difference is,TW is very different from TW2,especially regarding the gameplay,Dark Souls plays exactly like Demon´s Souls,and looks almost exactly like Demon´s Souls,even the hud is basically the same thing lol.

I´ve been watching Josh´s playthrough of Dark Souls on Justintv and if I didn´t knew better,I thought he was playing Demon´s Souls.

The difference is I play both and you haven't. for one, yet the wticher1 n 2's charter by charpter,and the converation driven mechanics are the same, for two Demon's souls is nothing like dark souls, start from world structure to combat system overhaul, so why comment on an object you clearly have no knowledge of?

Dude, dark and demons souls are much alike in gameplay. You cant argue this...
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]

uhhh my playthrough of the witcher 2 was a little over 50 hours and I barely touched any of the sidequests...
what choices did you make in your playthrough of the witcher 2? did you play the game on easy? even on easy not doing any sidequests the game should take 35-40 hours, but that's definitely not as much as dark souls.

Grawse

I did 2 playthroughs of The Witcher 2 in about 45 hours on normal accroding to Steam. I'm roughly 12 hours into my third playthrough on Dark and just started chapter 2? It's where you get to Henselt's camp, I always get mixed up on the chapters. I've been doing all the sidequests. I really don't see how this can be over 50 hours.

I'm assuming you're doing a lot of sidequesting too? I've only done one playthrough on normal and did a small amount of sidequesting/exploring around floatsam and I did what I could in kaedwen. My favorite being the little sisters...
but after I beat chapter 2 I was just ready to beat the game and skipped everything in temaria. I'd imagine if I stuck around and explored that area it would have increased my play time even more. I guess it depends on the player..

for instance, my dark souls playthrough took 75 hours but many people are beating it in 40-60. I typically take my time :O

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="pcps360"][QUOTE="Arach666"] The difference is,TW is very different from TW2,especially regarding the gameplay,Dark Souls plays exactly like Demon´s Souls,and looks almost exactly like Demon´s Souls,even the hud is basically the same thing lol.

Chutebox

this is true too. Dark souls is EXACTLY the same as demon's souls in regards to combat mechanics, with two new attacks..combat system overhaul?? lol...

jjccjj92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 jjccjj92
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts

It's funny how no one even talks about Witcher 2 anymore. People were still talking about Demon's Souls two years after release.

omenodebander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 omenodebander
Member since 2004 • 1401 Posts

It's funny how no one even talks about Witcher 2 anymore. People were still talking about Demon's Souls two years after release.

jjccjj92

sense, this does not make. It's best to let this thread die, there's a fine line between obvious fanboyism and plain ignorance coupled with misguided hate just because a game is on another platform. A lot of posters crossed that line. Then again, this is system wars, how dare I expect anything more. Keep in mind I am not insulting anyone here, I just don't want to end up in a childish argument all because of a video game. I like dark souls but some of you fans take things too far --(thrashing witcher 2 for having a story, wtf?) hope you guys never find your way to the pc boards and make such claims.

Have fun folks.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#125 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Skyrim is the real answer here.

But if it was just between these two than I would say the Witcher.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 AdrianWerner

jjccjj92

People are talking about Witcher 2 all the time, just mostly on PC forums. To be honest, I don't think pcgamers use System wars for much besides making fun of console gamers these days.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

jjccjj92

Indeed, in GAF Dark Souls has reached a 3rd thread of discussion, in comparisson Demons Souls had reached a second thread in its entire life

Which was huge too

Also Dark Souls got the 9.5/10 in Gamespot despite the frame rate drops and the standard visuals

Imagine what score it would get if like Withcer 2 has no frame rate problems and far better visuals, 200/10 or something

There is no comparisson between the two for me, both are great but Dark Souls is a 1000x better, with far better combat (actually infinitly better), more freedom, better NPCs, far better level design, far better monster design and bosses and is generally more fun, rewarding and challenging to play imo and 5x longer too

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 AdrianWerner

There is no comparisson between the two for me, both are great but Dark Souls is a 1000x better, with far better combat (actually infinitly better), more freedom, better NPCs, far better level design, far better monster design and bosses and is generally more fun, rewarding and challenging to play imo and 5x longer too

loosingENDS

Such hyperboles are why nobody takes you seriously.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

AdrianWerner

Such hyperboles are why nobody takes you seriously.

That is how i feel about it, it is not hyperbole, i have lost almost all desire to play Skyrim now that i have Dark Souls

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 AdrianWerner

That is how i feel about it, it is not hyperbole, i have lost almost all desire to play Skyrim now that i have Dark Souls

loosingENDS

The way you are feeling is why nobody treats your opinions as worthy of consideration. That's just the fate of extreme fanboys.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

AdrianWerner

The way you are feeling is why nobody treats your opinions as worthy of consideration. That's just the fate of extreme fanboys.

Funny how a few people think their opinions are better than anyone elses though, hint, they are not

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 AdrianWerner

Funny how a few people think their opinions are better than anyone elses though, hint, they are not

loosingENDS

You can't blame them, it's hard not to reading such fanboyism personofied. Of course everybody is entitled to his own opinion, but when you write stuff like that you can't blame most people for thinking they most likely won't share your opinion. Extremists always tend to be ignored.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

AdrianWerner

You can't blame them, it's hard not to reading such fanboyism personofied. Of course everybody is entitled to his own opinion, but when you write stuff like that you can't blame most people for thinking they most likely won't share your opinion. Extremists always tend to be ignored.

And i dont have a problem with that really, i always stand by my opinions no matter the case

jjccjj92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 jjccjj92

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

AdrianWerner

Nothing he said is hyperbole. The monster design, boss battles, and combat are pretty much unmatched in the genre. Witcher 2's combat in particular feels like garbage compared to Dark Souls.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

jjccjj92

Nothing he said is hyperbole. The monster design, boss battles, and combat are pretty much unmatched in the genre. Witcher 2's combat in particular feels like garbage compared to Dark Souls.

Nah, stuff like "1000x more fun" is hyberbole. Your comment about Witcher 2 combat being garbage also is hyberbole :)

jjccjj92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 jjccjj92

[QUOTE="jjccjj92"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]The way you are feeling is why nobody treats your opinions as worthy of consideration. That's just the fate of extreme fanboys.

AdrianWerner

Nah, stuff like "1000x more fun" is hyberbole. Your comment about Witcher 2 combat being garbage also is hyberbole :)

How is that hyperbole? Fun is subjective, maybe he doesn't find Witcher 2 very...fun? And I said it's garbage relative to Dark Souls', no big surprise there though considering Dark Soul's combat is best in class.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="jjccjj92"]Nothing he said is hyperbole. The monster design, boss battles, and combat are pretty much unmatched in the genre. Witcher 2's combat in particular feels like garbage compared to Dark Souls.

jjccjj92

How is that hyperbole? Fun is subjective, maybe he doesn't find Witcher 2 very...fun? And I said it's garbage relative to Dark Souls', no big surprise there though considering Dark Soul's combat is best in class.

Ok, then I guess it wouldn't be a hyberbole if I would saythatDark Soul combat is utter garbage compared to games like Temple of Elemental Evil, that it's perfect example of dumbing down syndrome, that it's RPG for people who hate RPGs, because it's yet another action game hidding as RPG. Oh..and Dark Soul graphics are such outdated garbage, they would hardly get a pass last gen, but releasing something this ugly this gen is just plain wrong.

No hyberboles here, right? ;)

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Both those games are amazing and both are a must-have for any RPG fan, but I cant honestly decide which one is atucally better...

jjccjj92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 jjccjj92

[QUOTE="jjccjj92"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]Nah, stuff like "1000x more fun" is hyberbole. Your comment about Witcher 2 combat being garbage also is hyberbole :)

AdrianWerner

Ok, then I guess it wouldn't be a hyberbole if I would saythatDark Soul combat is utter garbage compared to games like Temple of Elemental Evil, that it's perfect example of dumbing down syndrome, that it's RPG for people who hate RPGs, because it's yet another action game hidding as RPG. Oh..and Dark Soul graphics are such outdated garbage, they would hardly get a pass last gen, but releasing something this ugly this gen is just plain wrong.

No hyberboles here, right? ;)

You do realize Dark Souls isn't an RPG and pretty much no informed person regards it as one? And that Dark Souls' and ToEE's combat styles are completely disparate?

So no, none of that is hyperbole, just ignorance and misinformed opinions.

*insert condescending wink here*

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 AdrianWerner

You do realize Dark Souls isn't an RPG and pretty much no informed person regards it as one? And that Dark Souls' and ToEE's combat styles are completely disparate?

So no, none of that is hyperbole, just ignorance and misinformed opinions.

jjccjj92

Ermm..what? Pretty much everybody regards it as RPG. And everyhing I wrote was true, when compared to ToEEit does have simplier combat that's more like action game than proper RPG. Plus it is outdated graphically. I've just overblown those truths to ridiculous proportions.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

The Witcher 2 was great but really short. Main quest is under 20 hours.

If the Witcher 2 wasn't so short then it would be: Demon Souls>Witcher 2>Dark Souls

Pray_to_me

Witchers 2 20hrs felt short because you not die that often, i heard you can complete Dark Souls in 1,5hrs if not dying..... :lol:

ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts

[QUOTE="ducati101"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] Hahahaha, that's such a great joke. In fact, your joke is based upon a joke! (Hint: Dragon Age 2 is a joke)ryangcnx-2

I would agree with him/her if they said Dragon Age Origins (PC version).

Actually I'm gonna back this up. Dragon Age II is a good game. It doesn't deserve this flak its getting for some reason, so what, they reused some enviroment designs. The combat was pretty much the same but speed up, the characters were interesting, I liked having the main character voiced, the story they used was interesting and I dunno why everyone loves to hate on it.

It wasn't a terrible game, but it's not a patch on the first one. That's why it gets a lot of flak, it made no improvements over the first one. More like it took a few steps back.

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

If the Witcher 2 wasn't so short then it would be: Demon Souls>Witcher 2>Dark Souls

aroxx_ab

Witchers 2 20hrs felt short because you not die that often, i heard you can complete Dark Souls in 1,5hrs if not dying..... :lol:

20 hours? It took my about 30 hours each time I played it.

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

Pray_to_me
You can't accurately compare the two games based on time spent. Dark Souls artificially extends play time because of a necessity to replay areas while the witcher 2 has a specific get a - b main quest path. Not to mention, The Witcher 2 on Normal is nowhere near as difficult as Dark Souls so you don't nearly die as much either (again, a big part of Dark Souls) You play the Witcher 2 on Insane and actually do side quests like any respectable RPG player does, you are looking at a complete play through of the Witcher 2 that will likely take far longer to finish than Dark Souls would take even with the constantly replaying of areas.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I like them for different reasons. However I do rather the Dark and Demon's Souls combat; which makes sense really that it's stronger, the game is all about it.
pcps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 pcps360
Dude, dark and demons souls are much alike in gameplay. You cant argue this....Chutebox
If the whole world structure revamp, mage class, spell combat system overhaul and additional hundred new weapon and animation is consider similar, well "Dude", then i can doom 1 and crysis are much the same game, and you can't argue with that.
pcps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 pcps360

[QUOTE="pcps360"][QUOTE="ducati101"]

How would you know how Demon's Soul is? It wasn't on the 360 and we all know your feelings towards other platforms ;) Still haven't gotten over Fable 3 flopping eh? Or KUF II getting cancelled on the 360? I prefer Demon's Soul to Dark Souls and I think the Witcher 2 is a better "RPG" than both.

ducati101

?? what kind statement is this? maybe because I own a ps3 and played it? lol! my feeling to what platform? can you read my name handle? FABLE3??what??? why should I care about fable 3 and when did I made a single comment about it? just so you know I haven't touched my 360 for nearly a year. Jeues, I swear, PC and ps3 fanboys would go riot for any lame reason if they see a "360" anywhere in your context before they care to read anything else.

Oh give it up, we all now who you are. All these alt accounts aren't fooling anyone! Learn to spell, it's a dead give away ;)

lol funny, I have no idea who you referring to, but with spelling skill like that, I wouldn't pick on someone else's if I were you :lol"
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] Dude, dark and demons souls are much alike in gameplay. You cant argue this....pcps360
If the whole world structure revamp, mage class, spell combat system overhaul and additional hundred new weapon and animation is consider similar, well "Dude", then i can doom 1 and crysis are much the same game, and you can't argue with that.

lol...there's no new animation with the exception of the falling attack...

other than not being able to use a catalyst for fire spells (fire has always been a separate property from the other magic), how did they overhaul the spell combat system??

'hundreds' of new weapons doesn't change the fact that the gameplay is nearly identical. what do you mean by mage c lass?? there was a priest and royal class in demon's souls....both of which were magic classes...not like the c lasses matter anyways with the exception of starting stat distribution and equips.

I get the feeling you haven't played demon's souls....or dark souls... or both. The only point you have is the world structure, but the bonfires act just as a nexus would anyways..consider it a 'moving nexus'.

------

for the record I think dark souls is awesome, and I'm a huge fan of both souls games. just please don't associate or think thatany of these biased posters represent the fans of dark souls as a whole.

pcps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 pcps360

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="pcps360"] The difference is I play both and you haven't. for one, yet the wticher1 n 2's charter by charpter,and the converation driven mechanics are the same, for two Demon's souls is nothing like dark souls, start from world structure to combat system overhaul, so why comment on an object you clearly have no knowledge of? Some-Mist

this is true too. Dark souls is EXACTLY the same as demon's souls in regards to combat mechanics, with two new attacks..combat system overhaul?? lol...

what a laughable claim, casters for example, almost none of the spells from dark souls are borrowed from Demon, and spell casting time and reach make the mage combat a completely different experience, not to mention the handful changes in melee combat system. if that's not an overhaul then what else is? it's a very complex and well rounded system to begin with anyway. and ask yourself, what TW2 changed from TW1 exactly except the graphic engine and that downgraded combat system LOL!