Crysis 2 will OWN Halo Reach

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]

You're right. Crysis is brought up when it comes to graphics. However, people rarely bring it up for anything else.

AAllxxjjnn

Maybe you should pay attention more.

Pfft, he is right. Most of the time Crysis is mentioned here it's about graphics. Even when Crysis has nothing to do with anything, someone will post some Crysis pics or boxart. I just did a search and these are all of the threads that are talking about graphics on the first page.

Which looks better? Crysis vs Metro 2033

Crysis is not badly optimized!!

Crysis Has amazing MOTION BLUR

What is so special graphically about Crysis 2 (On consoles) and Rage?

RAGE>>>>>>>>>>>>Killzone 2,3, Crysis 2, and

Behind the scenes Crysis w/ PC gameplay

Killzone 2 still challenges crysis 2 graphically

God of War 3 is officially the graphics king, Crysis 1/2 dosen't even compare.

Rage (PC) vs. Crysis 2 (PC)

Crysis has over stayed its welcome....

I understand it's the Graphics Kingz, but seriously? The only games where search results will give you numerous graphic threads are probably Uncharted 2, maybe Killzone2.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]

You're right. Crysis is brought up when it comes to graphics. However, people rarely bring it up for anything else.

cloudff7tm

Maybe you should pay attention more.

Pfft, he is right. Most of the time Crysis is mentioned here it's about graphics. Even when Crysis has nothing to do with anything, someone will post some Crysis pics or boxart. I just did a search and these are all of the threads that are talking about graphics on the first page.

I understand it's the Graphics Kingz, but seriously? The only games where search results will give you numerous graphic threads are probably Uncharted 2, maybe Killzone2.

And if Halo 3 had great graphics what do you think people in System Wars would be talking about? 90% of the threads in System Wars are graphics. And when there are threads about best FPS, Crysis is one of the top games mentioned.
Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Instashot
Member since 2010 • 665 Posts
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]

Maybe you should pay attention more.AAllxxjjnn

And if Halo 3 had great graphics what do you think people in System Wars would be talking about? 90% of the threads in System Wars are graphics. And when there are threads about best FPS, Crysis is one of the top games mentioned.

If Halo 3 had great graphics then they wouldn't downplay graphics as they do now. This is just there way of coping with it.
deleterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 deleterguy
Member since 2005 • 1827 Posts
Is this serious or a joke topic?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#155 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
Is this serious or a joke topic?deleterguy
Oh, he's pretty serious. I think.
deleterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 deleterguy
Member since 2005 • 1827 Posts
Oh siddhu that picture with the raven(?) is very nice.
walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
Free Radical are a bunch of **** i remember when they made jokes about Bungie and Halo and putting a monkey in MCs Suit. And then they release Haze and it was terrible, if your going to boast about something at least make sure it's good in the first place! Anyways i think Halo:R will be better, but i'm definitely getting both :D
erglesmergle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 erglesmergle
Member since 2009 • 1769 Posts

[QUOTE="erglesmergle"]

Crysis 1 and Warhead are some of THE MOST boring games I have ever played. I have a strong feeling their scores were due to the tech, not gameplay.

No one EVER mentions Crysis when it comes to gameplay. I wonder why. But people love to defend it when its attacked, always using the 9.5 GS score. Im guessing hermits doing their thing?

Instashot

LOL?

People would mention Crysis's gameplay more if people here stopped making GRAPHIC KING Threads.

Crysis/Warhead are the BEST Single Player FPS I have ever played.

Halo 3 got a 9.5 due to hype and MS paying companies for high reviews.

And you were the same guy who was praising APB a while back. Turns out APB scores a pathetic 6.5 and was already determined BAD from the Beta.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 cloudff7tm

And if Halo 3 had great graphics what do you think people in System Wars would be talking about? 90% of the threads in System Wars are graphics. And when there are threads about best FPS, Crysis is one of the top games mentioned. AAllxxjjnn

Hmmm, 90% of threads in SW are graphics. ok

If 90% of SW is about graphics, what do you think most of Crysis talk is going to be about? Don't give me the bull that you can apply that to every game discussed her, because the games always talked about in graphics threads are either Crysis, Killzone, Uncharted, Gears, and maybe a few more.

All other games are usually talking gameplay, or reviews. Maybe this is why It feels like I'm in a Killzone, Uncharted, Gears, Crysis forum sometimes.

I think it's less than 90% also.

erglesmergle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 erglesmergle

[QUOTE="alberth123123"]crysis is all about graphics ... everything else is nothing special (specially the multiplayer)siddhu33

Wrong.

Crysis didn't just get 9.5 for graphics alone. I think that you have either not played the game properly, or have heard from people on forums.

It got 9.5, because it has awesome sandbox gameplay, that manages to pace the story extremely well, despite the actual story being a total POS.

I played the game properly.

*run through jungle*

Korean guy: "Die Die!"

*shoot him. superspeed. shoot him. superspeed. armor. shoot them.

*pick up transmitter*

Teammate: "Leave me to air command"

You: "Im picking you up now. Stay there"

*super speed. super strength. jump on rock. meet teammate. get in vehicles*

Teammate: "Oh no. So many Koreans."

*shoot them. shoot cars. shoot Koreans. get on mountain.

Team: "More Koreans"

Koreans: "Die Die!"

*armor. shoot them. super speed. run to harbor*

You: "Oh no. More Koreans.

Korean: "Die Die!"

-----REPEAT ENTIRE PROCESS-----

So much fun. 9.5!!!

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"] And if Halo 3 had great graphics what do you think people in System Wars would be talking about? 90% of the threads in System Wars are graphics. And when there are threads about best FPS, Crysis is one of the top games mentioned. cloudff7tm

If 90% of SW is about graphics, what do you think most of Crysis talk is going to be about? Don't give me the bull that you can apply that to every game discussed her, because the games always talked about in graphics threads are either Crysis, Killzone, Uncharted, Gears, and maybe a few more.

All other games are usually talking gameplay, or reviews. Maybe this is why It feels like I'm in a Killzone, Uncharted, Gears, Crysis forum sometimes.

Uhh, System Wars is only one place. Also, it's gameplay is discussed in nearly every Graphics thread about it.
MoveLIKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 MoveLIKE
Member since 2010 • 154 Posts
I always have fun playing Halo games, i cant say the same for any other shooter, games like Crysis, Killzone are my worst by far
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"] And if Halo 3 had great graphics what do you think people in System Wars would be talking about? 90% of the threads in System Wars are graphics. And when there are threads about best FPS, Crysis is one of the top games mentioned. AAllxxjjnn

Uhh, System Wars is only one place. Also, it's gameplay is discussed in nearly every Graphics thread about it.

Crysis has very good gameplay, I must agree. Very unique. It's not just pretty. Was it the best shooter that year? Not in my opinion, no. Was it a damn good game? Hell yes.
cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 cloudff7tm

[QUOTE="siddhu33"]

[QUOTE="alberth123123"]crysis is all about graphics ... everything else is nothing special (specially the multiplayer)erglesmergle

Wrong.

Crysis didn't just get 9.5 for graphics alone. I think that you have either not played the game properly, or have heard from people on forums.

It got 9.5, because it has awesome sandbox gameplay, that manages to pace the story extremely well, despite the actual story being a total POS.

*run through jungle*

*pick up transmitter*

So much fun. 9.5!!!

I don't have much experience with this game, but isn't that only the beginning? I though later aliens are introduced.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 AAllxxjjnn
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Crysis has very good gameplay, I must agree. Very unique. It's not just pretty. Was it the best shooter that year? Not in my opinion, no. Was it a damn good game? Hell yes.

BRO u r like so wrong it's not even funneh. Crysis is the single greatest first person shooter ever conceived.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Crysis has very good gameplay, I must agree. Very unique. It's not just pretty. Was it the best shooter that year? Not in my opinion, no. Was it a damn good game? Hell yes.AAllxxjjnn
BRO u r like so wrong it's not even funneh. Crysis is the single greatest first person shooter ever conceived.

was this sarcasm? I hope it is. Cause there are better games than crysis.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 cloudff7tm

[QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"] And if Halo 3 had great graphics what do you think people in System Wars would be talking about? 90% of the threads in System Wars are graphics. And when there are threads about best FPS, Crysis is one of the top games mentioned. AAllxxjjnn

Wasn't trying to say it was more than one place. Sorry if you got that impression.

Anyway, those threads I showed you frrom the search. They were created to discuss graphics. The TC is talking about how the game looks, so that is the main topic of the thread.

Sure some people may bring up gameplay, but I bet most of the talk in those threads were about the graphics.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Crysis has very good gameplay, I must agree. Very unique. It's not just pretty. Was it the best shooter that year? Not in my opinion, no. Was it a damn good game? Hell yes.

Oh, I see what you did there. :P
erglesmergle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 erglesmergle

[QUOTE="erglesmergle"]

[QUOTE="siddhu33"]

[QUOTE="alberth123123"]crysis is all about graphics ... everything else is nothing special (specially the multiplayer)cloudff7tm

Wrong.

*run through jungle*

*pick up transmitter*

So much fun. 9.5!!!

I don't have much experience with this game, but isn't that only the beginning? I though later aliens are introduced.

----REPEAT ENTIRE PROCESS *aliens added----

*cutscene on ship*

Korean general: You like my nano suit? Its made in Korea.

*jungle freezes. cutscene over*

*run through snow jungle*

*shoot alien. shoot alien. shoot alien.

*giant alien boss comes*

*pick up rocket launcher. shoot rockets into aliens mouth*

*go inside cave*

*shoot Korean*

*go inside ship*

*shoot Korean guys"

Korean guy on MG: "I see him!. Die Die!

*super speed. shoot Korean*

*exit ship*

*shoot alien.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 cloudff7tm

[QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]

[QUOTE="erglesmergle"]

*run through jungle*

*pick up transmitter*

So much fun. 9.5!!!

erglesmergle

*cutscene on ship*

*giant alien boss comes*

*go inside cave*

*shoot Korean*

*go inside ship*

*shoot Korean guys"

*exit ship*

*shoot alien.

Thats better

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
[QUOTE="walkingdream"]Free Radical are a bunch of **** i remember when they made jokes about Bungie and Halo and putting a monkey in MCs Suit. And then they release Haze and it was terrible, if your going to boast about something at least make sure it's good in the first place! Anyways i think Halo:R will be better, but i'm definitely getting both :D

Timesplitters > Halo imo.
MoveLIKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 MoveLIKE
[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"][QUOTE="walkingdream"]Free Radical are a bunch of **** i remember when they made jokes about Bungie and Halo and putting a monkey in MCs Suit. And then they release Haze and it was terrible, if your going to boast about something at least make sure it's good in the first place! Anyways i think Halo:R will be better, but i'm definitely getting both :D

Timesplitters > Halo imo.

Halo is the only shooter thast did not bore me to death, all of Killozne, Crysis etc were tedious boring experiences
Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Instashot

[QUOTE="siddhu33"]

[QUOTE="alberth123123"]crysis is all about graphics ... everything else is nothing special (specially the multiplayer)erglesmergle

Wrong.

*run through jungle*

*pick up transmitter*

So much fun. 9.5!!!

The last 2/3rd of the game the Aliens are introduced, says how much you know of the game you supposedly "played".

Crysis does alot more than your generic Halo FPS which usually goes like this..

Kill bad guys in this corridor

Proceed to next corridor

Cut scene

Load screen

Rinse/Repeat.

Halo 3 definitely deserved a 9.5...rooofl.

MoveLIKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 MoveLIKE

[QUOTE="erglesmergle"]

[QUOTE="siddhu33"]

Wrong.

Instashot

*run through jungle*

*pick up transmitter*

So much fun. 9.5!!!

The last 2/3rd of the game the Aliens are introduced, says how much you know of the game you supposedly "played".

Proceed to next corridor

Cut scene Load screen Rinse/Repeat.

The problem is that while playing Halo youhave fun, the design and gameplay is perfect, while i was playing Crysis i could barely keep awake, the experience was extremely sub par thorughout as far as fun and gameplay goes
Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Instashot

[QUOTE="Instashot"]

[QUOTE="erglesmergle"]

*run through jungle*

*pick up transmitter*

So much fun. 9.5!!!

MoveLIKE

Proceed to next corridor

Cut scene Load screen Rinse/Repeat.

The problem is that while playing Halo youhave fun, the design and gameplay is perfect, while i was playing Crysis i could barely keep awake, the experience was extremely sub par thorughout as far as fun and gameplay goes

Yet it won best FPS of 2007.

I'm sorry you are used to linear FPS that hold your hand along the way, Crysis didn't.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#176 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

The problem is that while playing Halo you have fun, the design and gameplay is perfect, while i was playing Crysis i could barely keep awake, the experience was extremely sub par thorughout as far as fun and gameplay goesMoveLIKE

The problem is that while playing Crysis you have fun, the design and gameplay is perfect, while i was playing Halo i could barely keep awake, the experience was extremely sub par thorughout as far as fun and gameplay goes

MoveLIKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 MoveLIKE

[QUOTE="MoveLIKE"] The problem is that while playing Halo you have fun, the design and gameplay is perfect, while i was playing Crysis i could barely keep awake, the experience was extremely sub par thorughout as far as fun and gameplay goesArach666

The problem is that while playing Crysis you have fun, the design and gameplay is perfect, while i was playing Halo i could barely keep awake, the experience was extremely sub par thorughout as far as fun and gameplay goes

Then why noone buys Crysis and there almost 100.000.000 Halo games sold ?
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#178 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="MoveLIKE"] The problem is that while playing Halo you have fun, the design and gameplay is perfect, while i was playing Crysis i could barely keep awake, the experience was extremely sub par thorughout as far as fun and gameplay goesMoveLIKE

Do you seriously believe what you just typed?
DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#180 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Pff...Crysis 2 is just jealous :P.
MoveLIKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 MoveLIKE

[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="MoveLIKE"] Then why noone buys Crysis and there almost 100.000.000 Halo games sold ?Instashot

Do you seriously believe what you just typed?

He is your typical console fan (ignorant).

Check VGCHARTZ, the ultimate source for correct sales numbers, Crysis has 0 sales, Halo 3 has 16 million
Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Instashot

[QUOTE="Instashot"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"] Do you seriously believe what you just typed?MoveLIKE

He is your typical console fan (ignorant).

Check VGCHARTZ, the ultimate source for correct sales numbers, Crysis has 0 sales, Halo 3 has 16 million

fireballonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 fireballonfire
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

I have no problem with Halo-fans who prefer Halo over Crysis. I don't care if you for some strange reason even hate the game. To me however Crysis is the best single player FPS game ever created. Sure I had more fun with the original Doom back in the days but now those fond memories are nothing but nostalgia.

It should also be mentioned that the first Halo was a very good game that I enjoyed very much. But just like my experience with GeOW, I got a little bit fed up with the concept (and artwork)for some reason.

Why so much nagging on the story in Warhead I wonder. It was an expansion sold for $30 as a fan service. I much prefer the original but I'm still thankful that we got Warhead.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

[QUOTE="erglesmergle"]

[QUOTE="siddhu33"]

Wrong.

Instashot

*run through jungle*

*pick up transmitter*

So much fun. 9.5!!!

Proceed to next corridor

Cut scene

Load screen

Rinse/Repeat.

You would be right if it wasn't for the fact that halo has big vehicle segments. So you are doing exactly the same thing that the other guy did, that you complained about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#186 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="Instashot"]

[QUOTE="erglesmergle"]

*run through jungle*

*pick up transmitter*

So much fun. 9.5!!!

soulitane

Proceed to next corridor

Cut scene

Load screen

Rinse/Repeat.

You would be right if it wasn't for the fact that halo has big vehicle segments. So you are doing exactly the same thing that the other guy did, that you complained about.

Crysis has "big" vehicle segments too.......
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 soulitane

[QUOTE="soulitane"]

[QUOTE="Instashot"]

Proceed to next corridor

Cut scene

Load screen

Rinse/Repeat.

ferret-gamer

I never said it didn't, I was saying he was doing the same thing as the other guy when leaving out certain facts about the games. And I guess big wasn't the right word, but they are far from corridors.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#188 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="soulitane"]You would be right if it wasn't for the fact that halo has big vehicle segments. So you are doing exactly the same thing that the other guy did, that you complained about.

soulitane

I never said it didn't, I was saying he was doing the same thing as the other guy when leaving out certain facts about the games.

That was why he was doing it.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 soulitane

[QUOTE="soulitane"]

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] Crysis has "big" vehicle segments too.......ferret-gamer

I never said it didn't, I was saying he was doing the same thing as the other guy when leaving out certain facts about the games.

That was why he was doing it.

Well sorry I wasn't aware of his intent, but either way both their comments were wrong.

MoveLIKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 MoveLIKE
[QUOTE="soulitane"]

[QUOTE="Instashot"]

Proceed to next corridor

Cut scene

Load screen

Rinse/Repeat.

ferret-gamer

Crysis, like Killozine is the very definition of boredom, while Halo gameplay is the best and most fun thing ever
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#191 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

both will be amazing but i think i´ll still prefer Halo.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
I honestly don't see how anyone believes Crysis will do better review or sales-wise. It'll have prettier graphics though.. that must count for something.
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

Maybe you can spot yourself and some hardcore hermits in there.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I love FPS, so i just hope both games end up being great :)

Definately gettin Reach and surely wont miss Crysis2 (PC version)..

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

Halo: Reach's MP will stomp all over Crysis 2.

I think I'll enjoy C2's SP way more however and that's what's important to me.

Avatar image for noob-saibot2010
noob-saibot2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 noob-saibot2010
Member since 2010 • 246 Posts

maybe in graphics.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

[QUOTE="erglesmergle"]

[QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]

cloudff7tm

*cutscene on ship*

*giant alien boss comes*

*go inside cave*

*shoot Korean*

*go inside ship*

*shoot Korean guys"

*exit ship*

*shoot alien.

Thats better

Except he did it completely out of order...
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#199 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="MoveLIKE"] The problem is that while playing Halo you have fun, the design and gameplay is perfect, while i was playing Crysis i could barely keep awake, the experience was extremely sub par thorughout as far as fun and gameplay goesMoveLIKE

wow man....that´s a big number :shock:

Also sales dont define how good a game is. Look at alan Wake for ex

coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

Crysis, like Killozine is the very definition of boredom, while Halo gameplay is the best and most fun thing everMoveLIKE

You, like.....nobody else I know are the very definition of stupidity, while other people point and laugh after reading your posts.