Crysis 2 will OWN Halo Reach

This topic is locked from further discussion.

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

[QUOTE="MoveLIKE"] Crysis, like Killozine is the very definition of boredom, while Halo gameplay is the best and most fun thing evercoreybg

You, like.....nobody else I know are the very definition of stupidity, while other people point and laugh after reading your posts.

Yeah, worse than the TC.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#202 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
I will own both.
pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#203 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

Crysis the original got a 9.5 here with Gamespot saying "Truely one of the best FPS ever made" it also won best FPS 2007 all platform wide and this came out after CoD 4/Halo 3 despite all 3 releasing the same year.

With Crytek making the single player and free radical making the multiplayer this will completely toast Halo Reach.

I know you will flame me but haters gonna hate.

Instashot

coming from the person that posted "APB is the WOW killer"

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I don't know Crysis 2 doesn't have the best thing from the first one in it, the first half of that game is what made it imo.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#205 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
the only thing crysis 2 will own halo reach on is graphics, when it comes to gameplay ,features,storyline,soundtrack and content, Reach will wipe the floor with crysis 2,personally i forgot about crysis 2 after watching the E3 stage demo for reach.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#206 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Crysis 2 looks very uninspiring to be quite honest. It seems to be missing what made the original game special and progressive. Crytek hasn't said a thing about the game's design, but instead won't shut up about the graphical features of CryEngine 3.
siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

Crysis 2 looks very uninspiring to be quite honest. It seems to be missing what made the original game special and progressive. Crytek hasn't said a thing about the game's design, but instead won't shut up about the graphical features of CryEngine 3. mo0ksi

Which means that they have something to hide.

MoveLIKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 MoveLIKE
Member since 2010 • 154 Posts
the only thing crysis 2 will own halo reach on is graphics, when it comes to gameplay ,features,storyline,soundtrack and content, Reach will wipe the floor with crysis 2,personally i forgot about crysis 2 after watching the E3 stage demo for reach.delta3074
Indeed, Crysis 2 and Killozne 3 look extremely boring comparing to Halo Reach
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]Crysis 2 looks very uninspiring to be quite honest. It seems to be missing what made the original game special and progressive. Crytek hasn't said a thing about the game's design, but instead won't shut up about the graphical features of CryEngine 3. siddhu33

Which means that they have something to hide.

I really hope so. I want to be impressed with the game after all given how great the original game was.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

[QUOTE="Funconsole"]Forge World 2.0 Firefight SPACE COMBAT 'nuff said brotempest91

Ya... lol.... I don't know about the rest but sandbox 3 DESTROYS forge world 2. It's not even debatable.

It won't matter if the MP sucks though, and we have yet to see that.

Ditto, and does C2 have gravity hammer, unique vehicles, gravity lifts, etc? Don't think so. Thing about Halo Reach is that not only is Forge 2.0 looking very good (minus terrain editing), Halo MP is very good and the craziness it offers means there are many possibilities, AND it is by far the more popular game so more chance of more people playing your maps. I am sure C2 will be very good, but Halo Reach will be the better game overall. I'm probably getting both.
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#211 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

I am not so sure about that, they seem neck to neck.

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#212 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="Ravensmash"] Yeah, the fact we haven't seen it yet makes me worried. Tacked on? Funconsole
makers of timesplitters are doing it.

Two different people making the games means it's gonna feel different. also the people who havent made a FPS mulitplayer in like 8 years is making it? That's reassuring :roll:

The made Haze for the ps3 recently...

gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

everyone is forgeting that crysis is open world, and crysis 2 isnt, that will take a hit in the score. its one of the reason it was soo good.

GrabTheYayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 GrabTheYayo
Member since 2010 • 1315 Posts

whhooaaaaa hold up a sec. isnt free radical the devs that made haze?........he...hehe....hehehehehe....HAHAHAHAHA

your funneh tc

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
Crysis 2 looks very uninspiring to be quite honest. It seems to be missing what made the original game special and progressive. Crytek hasn't said a thing about the game's design, but instead won't shut up about the graphical features of CryEngine 3. mo0ksi
well then you've obviously never seen or read a C2 interview within the past year since nowadays, all they talk about is the game's design and i rarely hear anything about its graphical features. They always talk about how they're trying to make an "urban jungle" and that the game is still going to be open world, but the focus is going to be vertical gameplay and not just horizontal. Last year they were only talking about the graphical features of the CryEngine 3 because they were trying to advertise the CryEngine 3 to other developers. But it's not really like that now.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#216 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Single player is arguable at this point, but the multiplayer, well, unless the Timesplitters devs do something amazing, Halo Reach with it's modes, options and customization will eat it alive.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I'm not sure about what to say.

Halo 3 was my first Halo. It was decent, but to me is hard to enjoy shooters with a pad, and I miss the k + m support from UT III. The game was great in terms of music and variety of enemies –even if some ones as the Scared were dull and boring to play against-. But the story was far from great, and the characters weren't as epic as it could be. Latest parts of the campaign were the worst, and technically the game didn't stand as a AAA game that could be. The weapons and the gunplay were good, not the best guns ever but very nice balance between range shots, mele and grenade use.

Crysis on the other hand had a similar problem with the "meh" story, but the gameplay had nice aspects: the game let you to fully customize your weapons, which is a lacking feature in a lot of current games that provides lots of fun, plus large levels that even confined gives the player a lot of room to choose their ways and tactics in order to accomplish the task.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTD9yYyLFfo&feature=grec_index&videos=ewMddv1z6Nw

The assault to the village in the second level, the midnight duel vs special ops in the graveyard at the end of the third one or the attack to the shore port and the tank battles in the 4th and 5th levels were great. Visually, The Core and Paradise Frozen levels were nothing short but amazing, and the game has good balance between use of vehicles, handguns and artillery stations.

In what Halo 3 greatly overcome Crysis was in the multiplayer, so I think that Crysis has better single player and Halo 3 better multiplayer.

But then is the battle of expansions, Halo ODST vs Crysis Warhead. Warhead has better Metacritic scores, and I think that overall was better product, not only due the scores.

In Warhead the pace of the combat was more intense, and the main character more strong and charismatic than in ODST or Crysis. The number of new weapons was good and the alien A.I. was highly improved, making the game harder and more demanding. But the true jewel were the enhancements in the multiplayer: increasing the official maps from 9 to 24, introducing a self-downloading system for any custom map and adding the Team Instant Action mode. I think that ODST lacked in innovations and contents compared to Warhead, which also was cheaper.

About Crysis 2 vs Halo Reach, I think that is evident that Crytek is trying to fish in the Halo waters. The game has more urban environments, as ODST, a more melodramatic story, trying to be more epic, and the pace of the character movement is more close to the Spartan ones (now almost all jumps are in Power mode, which means longer and higher). The game will have also more alien weapons, more variety in alien designs, -including bipedal ones- and a Tactical mode that looks a lot like the ODST HUD, with indications about the enemy forces and sources of information, ammunition, etc.

I think that the key will be in the multiplayer, that in the case of Crysis 2 will be revelaed in the Cologne GameCon next August 18-12. If Crytek UK (former Time Splitters and Haze developers) try the way of arcadey games as in his previous works and in games as Quake, Unreal, F.E.A.R. or Halo then the Crysis 2 multiplayer will fail. If they try a more sim way with global stats, weapon and item unlocks and evolved modes based in the Power Struggle mode from Crysis then the multiplayer could be a success.

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

in graphics, probably

story wise, doubt doubt doubt it.

Eltormo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Eltormo
Member since 2010 • 990 Posts

[QUOTE="MoveLIKE"] The problem is that while playing Halo you have fun, the design and gameplay is perfect, while i was playing Crysis i could barely keep awake, the experience was extremely sub par thorughout as far as fun and gameplay goesArach666

The problem is that while playing Crysis you have fun, the design and gameplay is perfect, while i was playing Halo i could barely keep awake, the experience was extremely sub par thorughout as far as fun and gameplay goes

Halo was ok for last gen, this gen it has been keep alive by they loyalist of the series,it was greatly out done by several FPS already,it feels bland, dull and uninteresting.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#220 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="MoveLIKE"] The problem is that while playing Halo you have fun, the design and gameplay is perfect, while i was playing Crysis i could barely keep awake, the experience was extremely sub par thorughout as far as fun and gameplay goesEltormo

The problem is that while playing Crysis you have fun, the design and gameplay is perfect, while i was playing Halo i could barely keep awake, the experience was extremely sub par thorughout as far as fun and gameplay goes

Halo was ok for last gen, this gen it has been keep alive by they loyalist of the series,it was greatly out done by several FPS already,it feels bland, dull and uninteresting.

Kept alive by loyalists even though Halo 3 sold more than 2 and CE? Hmmmm.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I will own both. killerfist

I probably will too. going to get the nano edition and the legendary edition.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
I'll be buying them both day one. And enjoying them equally
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Wont come close. :) Reach shall be in a league of it's own.
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

Reach will still be better, but it doesn't matter to me, because i get can play both of em on my 360, so it doesn't matter, but hermits can stay here proving their superiority. And the world will never notice.

darthvader1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 darthvader1993
Member since 2005 • 914 Posts

Crysis the original got a 9.5 here with Gamespot saying "Truely one of the best FPS ever made" it also won best FPS 2007 all platform wide and this came out after CoD 4/Halo 3 despite all 3 releasing the same year.

With Crytek making the single player and free radical making the multiplayer this will completely toast Halo Reach.

I know you will flame me but haters gonna hate.

Instashot

Saying "Haters Gonna Hate" and posting a picture does not exempt you from being wrong in many ways.

That being said, both games will rock,it really doesn't matter what anyone says until the games are actually released to the public; and then of course patches will come out.

dameon51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 dameon51
Member since 2004 • 160 Posts

I prefer crysis to halo. Halo is the fast food of the video game industry.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

I prefer crysis to halo. Halo is the fast food of the video game industry.

dameon51

Hey, sometimes even a BK chicken whopper can taste good on the right day.

lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts

I see reach being better in every way. except maybe graphics....but that's not an issue to me. forge, forge world,firefight, better multiplayer, better singleplayer......yeah.

I'll get both, but I bet I'll spend more time with forge than with the entire game of crysis 2.

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="MoveLIKE"] The problem is that while playing Halo you have fun, the design and gameplay is perfect, while i was playing Crysis i could barely keep awake, the experience was extremely sub par thorughout as far as fun and gameplay goesEltormo

I've been seeing A LOT of low levels lately. Also, over 10 million is a lot of loyalists.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

The Reach beta was terrible imo. The grenades ! :x

Eltormo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Eltormo
[QUOTE="delta3074"]the only thing crysis 2 will own halo reach on is graphics, when it comes to gameplay ,features,storyline,soundtrack and content, Reach will wipe the floor with crysis 2,personally i forgot about crysis 2 after watching the E3 stage demo for reach.MoveLIKE

Funny that is not what every one who has play the demo think,they think Killzone 3 would be great,Crysis 2 as well.
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 SpiritOfFire117

The Reach beta was terrible imo. The grenades ! :x

anshul89

Which they fixed.

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="MoveLIKE"][QUOTE="delta3074"]the only thing crysis 2 will own halo reach on is graphics, when it comes to gameplay ,features,storyline,soundtrack and content, Reach will wipe the floor with crysis 2,personally i forgot about crysis 2 after watching the E3 stage demo for reach.Eltormo

Funny that is not what every one who has play the demo think,they think Killzone 3 would be great,Crysis 2 as well.

Did you just create an account to argue with yourself?

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#234 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
lol, i doubt it. Crysis 2 will be ahead in visuals, but in everything that matters reach > Crysis 2.
mayforcebeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 mayforcebeyou
Member since 2007 • 2703 Posts
im not sure for multiplayer., but i think the sp campaign will be better
Eltormo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Eltormo
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] Kept alive by loyalists even though Halo 3 sold more than 2 and CE? Hmmmm.

Sequel l to popular game sold better this gen on a bigger user base news at 10.. Sales don't equate to quality we all know that,and we also know how Halo 3 got those high scores,the $700 and $800 dollars of Halo stuff that MS was sending every reviewer out there,free Halo 3 edition 360.. Look at scores for ODST on 360 no free stuff no score.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#237 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
I really didn't like the Reach beta. There were balancing issues, the classes felt far too bland (Wolfenstein did it better yo), the graphics were muggy, and it just felt like the same old Halo which I've grown bored of after having played for so many years.
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Sandvichman
I really didn't like the Reach beta. There were balancing issues, the classes felt far too bland (Wolfenstein did it better yo), the graphics were muggy, and it just felt like the same old Halo which I've grown bored of after having played for so many years. Vandalvideo
Isn't that why the call it a beta. You know, to find problems like balancing issues. Also, there are quite some improvements graphiclly since the beta, atleast that how i notice it.
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
Since Crysis 2 is going to be released on consoles then it'll be less amazing than Crysis 1 was.
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts

[QUOTE="Funconsole"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] makers of timesplitters are doing it.MassiveKaos

Two different people making the games means it's gonna feel different. also the people who havent made a FPS mulitplayer in like 8 years is making it? That's reassuring :roll:

The made Haze for the ps3 recently...

Oh right... That's worse than NOT making games for 8 years :lol: But I'm sure TC enjoyed Haze immensly lol
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Funconsole
[QUOTE="Eltormo"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] Kept alive by loyalists even though Halo 3 sold more than 2 and CE? Hmmmm.

Sequel l to popular game sold better this gen on a bigger user base news at 10.. Sales don't equate to quality we all know that,and we also know how Halo 3 got those high scores,the $700 and $800 dollars of Halo stuff that MS was sending every reviewer out there,free Halo 3 edition 360.. Look at scores for ODST on 360 no free stuff no score.

Proof? For all we know, EA and Crytek could have been doing the exact same thing. You sound an awful lot like TC there...
destro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 destro123
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts

Naw, I think that Halo: Reach will deinatly be the better game...overall.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="Eltormo"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] Kept alive by loyalists even though Halo 3 sold more than 2 and CE? Hmmmm.

but ODST is AAA as well, not bad for the same engine 2 years after halo 3, why make a big deal out of a .5 difference in score, and i suppose you have a link that proves MS paid veryone to give Halo 3 good reviews, what you havn't? didn't think so, take of the tin hat sunshine.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

not really.

Crysis will have better graphics. Reach takes just about everything else.

though, Gamespot in particular will probably show a different story, but for averages, MetaCritic etc, Reach will come out on top.

predictions, crystal ball.

call it what you will.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Hard to know that when neither game is released yet...

But Crysis 1 > any released Halo game...

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#246 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]I really didn't like the Reach beta. There were balancing issues, the classes felt far too bland (Wolfenstein did it better yo), the graphics were muggy, and it just felt like the same old Halo which I've grown bored of after having played for so many years. Sandvichman
Isn't that why the call it a beta. You know, to find problems like balancing issues. Also, there are quite some improvements graphiclly since the beta, atleast that how i notice it.

I'm not the optimist "Blizzard will fix all!" type. My reaction is based on what is presented to me, and the class system in Halo Reach was dreadfully underbalanced and shallow. It would take massive revision to interest me again. I'm just bored with Halo.
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Sandvichman
[QUOTE="Sandvichman"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]I really didn't like the Reach beta. There were balancing issues, the classes felt far too bland (Wolfenstein did it better yo), the graphics were muggy, and it just felt like the same old Halo which I've grown bored of after having played for so many years. Vandalvideo

I'm not the optimist "Blizzard will fix all!" type. My reaction is based on what is presented to me, and the class system in Halo Reach was dreadfully underbalanced and shallow. It would take massive revision to interest me again. I'm just bored with Halo.

Nor am i, but having a firm opinion based on a beta that was released 4 months before the initial game release is somewhat, wrong.
Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

Hard to know that when neither game is released yet...

But Crysis 1 > any released Halo game...

chaplainDMK

How so? Nothing to back up your statement, just your opinion, everyone can do that to.

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Funconsole
[QUOTE="Sandvichman"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]I really didn't like the Reach beta. There were balancing issues, the classes felt far too bland (Wolfenstein did it better yo), the graphics were muggy, and it just felt like the same old Halo which I've grown bored of after having played for so many years. Vandalvideo

Nor am I, especially since Blizzard isn't making this game ;) But basing an opinion on a beta released 4 months before the RC is completed and the beta build being based on a december 09 build of the game, it's not right
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Sandvichman
[QUOTE="Funconsole"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Sandvichman"] Isn't that why the call it a beta. You know, to find problems like balancing issues. Also, there are quite some improvements graphiclly since the beta, atleast that how i notice it.

You be copying me. >8F I'm not the optimist "Blizzard will fix all!" type. My reaction is based on what is presented to me, and the class system in Halo Reach was dreadfully underbalanced and shallow. It would take massive revision to interest me again. I'm just bored with Halo.

Nor am I, especially since Blizzard isn't making this game ;) But basing an opinion on a beta released 4 months before the RC is completed and the beta build being based on a december 09 build of the game, it's not right