Crackdown 2 Gamespot review - 7.0 AE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"] Reviews are just some nerds' opinions-RocBoys9489-
A well educated, comparative opinion based on having been inculcated to a larger number of games over a longer period of time.

Pretty much what I meant in a nutshell ;)

But you made it sound like an educated and experienced opinion is somehow mute....
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
[QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] A well educated, comparative opinion based on having been inculcated to a larger number of games over a longer period of time. tomarlyn
Pretty much what I meant in a nutshell ;)

But you made it sound like an educated and experienced opinion is somehow mute....

Of course they're not mute, reviews are just way too, ehhh, "specific" I guess? Take movie reviews i.e. I've found "garbage" movies like 2012 very enjoyable and high rated ones like Fargo (Coen brothers movie) to be really pointless. If I reviewed CD2, I would have gave it an 8.5 probably :P The guy took points off for the announcer being annoying for god's sake lol
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#153 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"] Of course they're not mute, reviews are just way too, ehhh, "specific" I guess? Take movie reviews i.e. I've found "garbage" movies like 2012 very enjoyable and high rated ones like Fargo (Coen brothers movie) to be really pointless. If I reviewed CD2, I would have gave it an 8.5 probably :P The guy took points off for the announcer being annoying for god's sake lol

Well you have to take into considerations that these reviewers have been at this a long time. They have seen more annoying announcers than you can possibly imagine. They know when an announcer is annoying. In contrast, people in this forum haven't engaged in the the thorough playing of games with bad announcers. While you may think "announcer isn't that bad", in the grand scheme of things he might actually be. After all, reviews are comparative ventures. It doesn't help much when your sample is so small.
TomMcShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#154 TomMcShea
Member since 2005 • 879 Posts

The guy took points off for the announcer being annoying for god's sake lol-RocBoys9489-

You know what would be great? If we had this comprehensive system where we take off a specific amount of points for every defect, and somewhere on the list, "Annoying announcer" required us to take half a point off. That would be pretty amusing, but, of course, that's not how our rating system works. We review the entire experience, and the announcer does take away from the fun. He actively discourages you from making your own entertainment, which is basically the entire point of this unstructured sandbox game. You know how collecting orbs is the best part? When you go off to nab some greens for a few minutes, the announcer yells at you to get back to your job. Yeah, it's kind of funny at first, but after 10 hours, we were shouting at the screen for him to just shut up.

IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

[QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"]The guy took points off for the announcer being annoying for god's sake lolTomMcShea

You know what would be great? If we had this comprehensive system where we take off a specific amount of points for every defect, and somewhere on the list, "Annoying announcer" required us to take half a point off. That would be pretty amusing, but, of course, that's not how our rating system works. We review the entire experience, and the announcer does take away from the fun. He actively discourages you from making your own entertainment, which is basically the entire point of this unstructured sandbox game. You know how collecting orbs is the best part? When you go off to nab some greens for a few minutes, the announcer yells at you to get back to your job. Yeah, it's kind of funny at first, but after 10 hours, we were shouting at the screen for him to just shut up.

i love this post

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#156 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Lower then I expected but I'm also not that surprised.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

So its a flop? big woop, ill still enjoy it.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

I still like the demo.

It did score a " Good " at the end of the day.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#159 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Not bad, I'll pick it up when it's $25-30.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

I bet infamous 2 scores a 9

Classic24
And it still won't be as fun as Crackdown 2.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#161 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
[QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"] Of course they're not mute, reviews are just way too, ehhh, "specific" I guess? Take movie reviews i.e. I've found "garbage" movies like 2012 very enjoyable and high rated ones like Fargo (Coen brothers movie) to be really pointless. If I reviewed CD2, I would have gave it an 8.5 probably :P The guy took points off for the announcer being annoying for god's sake lol

I'm pretty sure reviews don't work by making a list of bad things and taking 'points off' per item.
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

[QUOTE="Classic24"]

Karnage108

Cause you played it?

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#163 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
I'll pick it up when it's $20.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#164 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

[QUOTE="Karnage108"][QUOTE="Classic24"]

fueled-system

Cause you played it?

infamous got a better score than the original crackdown by quite some margin and i found Crackdown to be not just better but WAY better, and easily more enjoyable over a long stretch of time. Crackdown 2 looks to have just made it worse though.
standarddamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#165 standarddamage
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

[QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"]The guy took points off for the announcer being annoying for god's sake lolTomMcShea

...You know how collecting orbs is the best part? When you go off to nab some greens for a few minutes, the announcer yells at you to get back to your job. Yeah, it's kind of funny at first, but after 10 hours, we were shouting at the screen for him to just shut up.

That would get me to take points off right there.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

[QUOTE="Karnage108"][QUOTE="Classic24"]

fueled-system

Cause you played it?

My reasons are probably the same as the guy I quoted.
Avatar image for battalionwars13
battalionwars13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 battalionwars13
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts

The demo sucked anyway.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

It just bugs me out that crackdown 1 looks way better then 2. At least to me. I mean what happend here.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

How is this surprising at all?

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 -RocBoys9489-

Tommy! Sup man ;) I respectfully disagree with you as I find the narrator funny at times and as his lines get old, I basically learn to ignore them (like the first game). However the review itself wasn't very well written IMO, Chris literally touched on the multiplayer portion of the game in ONE sentence and the co-op portion in a short paragraph. Take a game like Just Cause 2, which was given an 8.0. What makes JC2 worthy of an entire point more? The games are largely similar and both have an equal amount of flaws.

JC2's missions were very bland, the voice acting was terrible, bad A.I., there were only around 10 weapons total, and there just wasn't much reason to explore the world at all with its incredible size. Do I think the game deserved its 8.0 score though? Absolutely, because the game had 2 great factors which were left out of the CD2 review. FUN and VALUE. Crackdown 2's flaws were listed as being repetitive and not being an improvement over the predecessor. JC2 was only a 1 player game on top of that. Things just aren't quite adding up here. I question Chris's reviews overall with games like 50 Cent getting a 7.0, Transformers a 7.5, Resistance 2 a 9.0, L4D2 a 9.0, MW2 a 9.0.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 -RocBoys9489-
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"] Of course they're not mute, reviews are just way too, ehhh, "specific" I guess? Take movie reviews i.e. I've found "garbage" movies like 2012 very enjoyable and high rated ones like Fargo (Coen brothers movie) to be really pointless. If I reviewed CD2, I would have gave it an 8.5 probably :P The guy took points off for the announcer being annoying for god's sake lol

I'm pretty sure reviews don't work by making a list of bad things and taking 'points off' per item.

It was listed as one of the bullet points on the negative side which made no sense to me :?
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

Geez, another polished high budget game for the 360. Sorry but seriously, if yall didn't see this score coming I don't kow what to tell you beside take off the blinders.

In video you see the guys jump 2 stories, and then his hands aren't even on the ledge but then appear on the ledges. No motion capture is the norm for the 360, and these thing and others keep looking more and more old and just well not very polished looking compared to what the competition is putting out now.

But good luck on Reach, which the only thing yall should be asking from it is a AAAAe review score.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"] Of course they're not mute, reviews are just way too, ehhh, "specific" I guess? Take movie reviews i.e. I've found "garbage" movies like 2012 very enjoyable and high rated ones like Fargo (Coen brothers movie) to be really pointless. If I reviewed CD2, I would have gave it an 8.5 probably :P The guy took points off for the announcer being annoying for god's sake lol-RocBoys9489-

It was listed as one of the bullet points on the negative side which made no sense to me :?

I would have taken points off, he was annoying as hell in the first Crackdown. The last thing you want to hear in a game especially a sandbox game is some dude telling you to go to a new objective every 2-3 minutes when you just want to explore, collect orbs and increase your abilities.
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 nhh18

movies are completely different. Critics are snobs and usually rate movies that have plots they seemingly enjoy over other movies that execute what they are trying to do the best. I don't understand how transformers isn't a great action movie but somehow one or another reviewers hated on it because it is a michael bay movie.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#175 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Not surprising at all. The demo looked worse than the first game, and imo the game felt unfinished.
_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

ouch another one bites the dust

Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Kan0nF0dder
Member since 2009 • 1962 Posts

Flo0O0op!!

readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts

called it. anyway i'm still going to get it a some point, prolly when it hits the $20-$30 range. loved leveling up in the first one and the co-op will be fun.

btw did anyone read the destructoid review? heres a quote, "it looks gorgeous" stoned reviewers ftw! lulz!

Riverwolf007
Maybe it's just me, but I think the game looks pretty good. Most other reviewers don't seem to though.
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

this game is never good...ppl just overhype it...

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 sayonara89
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts

Flo0O0op!!

Kan0nF0dder
Imagine 8.5 for Reach... Wow :D
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

movies are completely different. Critics are snobs and usually rate movies that have plots they seemingly enjoy over other movies that execute what they are trying to do the best. I don't understand how transformers isn't a great action movie but somehow one or another reviewers hated on it because it is a michael bay movie.

nhh18

cuz most of them are not transformers' fanboys....i am not either, so I find it very boring...The movie is just not good enough...It's more like pop corn movies.

however, i am not batman nor spiderman's fan, but i like them much more over transformer movies.

Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Kan0nF0dder
[QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]

Flo0O0op!!

sayonara89

You know that some sites out there will sub-AAA it for the traffic. I doubt gamespot has the balls though. Would be hilarious if they did, and it has been a while since Twilight Princess....maybe, just maybe.
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 nhh18

Also heads up for gamespot. I noticed tons of grammatical errors.

"

This game is doesn't significantly build on or vastly improve any of the features of its predecessor, so those with high hopes for a stellar sequel will be disappointed. Still, Crackdown 2's core action and appeal remain very strong, and there is great potential for cooperative mayhem, making this a fun stop on your summer videogame tour."

Horrible grammar. Gamespot I thought you could do better.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#184 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]

Flo0O0op!!

sayonara89

No way ODST will have a higher score than this game.:P

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

oajlu

cuz most of them are not transformers' fanboys....i am not either, so I find it very boring...The movie is just not good enough...It's more like pop corn movies.

however, i am not batman nor spiderman's fan, but i like them much more over transformer movies.

spiderman I totally agree with. Dark Knight not so much. That is more of a generational thing with this obsession of gothic and dark in the 2000s. I personally hate hate hate that style.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

[QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]

Flo0O0op!!

sayonara89

That mass suicide at the Jim Jones community in South America will pale in comparison if that comes to pass.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#187 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Yep. They didn't fix the repetitive structure. I knew that would hurt the game if they didn't fix that. Sadly none of my friends plan on buying it. So I got no one to Bro-Op this game with. I guess I'll get my gaming fix with Starcraft 2 this month, and finish up some of my backlog.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#188 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

good score for a good exclusive

Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Kan0nF0dder

Yep. They didn't fix the repetitive structure. I knew that would hurt the game if they didn't fix that. Sadly none of my friends plan on buying it. So I got no one to Bro-Op this game with. I guess I'll get my gaming fix with Starcraft 2 this month, and finish up some of my backlog. jg4xchamp
Let's face it, free time is limited, but we're all gonna find lots for Stracraft :D, A games like crackdown won't get a look in.

Edit - Post 777, was it lucky?

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

That's a shame. Not a bad score but it doesn't seem to be a significant improvement to warrant a purchase from me.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#191 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
dont really care. i enjoyed crackdown 1, i enjoyed the demo and im sure ill enjoy the full game. ratings do not sway me...
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

I'm not surprised. A is good by definition. I know there are Crackdown fans who will enjoy this. To Crackdown fans I ask you this: Can you play this game without co-op? Have we reached a point where co-op is the key focus and solo play is boring? Or is it just Crackdown's issue? I know its alot of questions, I'm just curious.

I'd like to get this down the line for my lil bro. He'd love to play online with his friends. But honestly, all they do is reek havoc on the city. I'm not certain he would actually play it on his own either. Price drop? Or should he just play the demo whenever he's in the Crackdown type of mood? I'm torn with this one. I'm sure it'll be more good fun co-op Crackdown for the fans. Have fun guys and gals. Right now it's looking like more of a quick game to f*** around in than anything else.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

[QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]

Flo0O0op!!

sayonara89

I kind of wish that will happen. It will be so funny. GT5 also.

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#194 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]

Flo0O0op!!

cloudff7tm

Haha same here.:P I was actually hoping that Killzone 2 would flop last year and same with Splinter Cell this year.:P Oh well one of them flopped.:P

Either way, I'm still excited for GT5.:D

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 nhh18

[QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"] Imagine 8.5 for Reach... Wow :Dsanim02

Haha same here.:P I was actually hoping that Killzone 2 would flop last year and same with Splinter Cell this year.:P Oh well one of them flopped.:P

Either way, I'm still excited for GT5.:D

I have zero interest in gt5 so it would be more amusing if it got a 8.5 just for system wars.

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts
man 360 doesnt have anything going good for them.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="mysterj"][QUOTE="neomatrix909"]

another 360 FLOP. WOW 360 fans have to wait til September to get there first Exclusive AAA title? Sorry Mass Effect 2 was on PC also but if thats your only game , then ill let you count it....

sayonara89

It was kind of expected, mini flop at most.

This is mini flop -> 8,5 - hyped AAA

a mini flop if a game scoring 1 point below then its hype your being to specifi but all in all a flop is a flop

LenGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 LenGen
Member since 2010 • 317 Posts
i gotta say this has been a great year for microsoft, with more to come...lol F L O P
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#199 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Remember there was a thread where poeple where hyping it as 8.0 so this is a flop then. people shouldnt compare this to inFAMOUS as inFAMOUS is superior

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#200 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
This was the score I was expecting. Average quality.