Crackdown 2 Gamespot review - 7.0 AE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

sorry, 7 oiut of 10 would be a C, not an A.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]no 7.0 is pretty bad, MAG for example really wasn't good... A means LOTS of flaws that take away from the experience of the gameWanderer5

7.0 is not a bad score and games that got 7s could be worth getting. Heck, 7 on GS means good.

Getting a 7.0 game and it being good is like winning a lottery. Why would I want to take the risk when there are so many better games? 7.0 is the definition of generic, average game.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

dxmcat

this isn't a school.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

I doubt this game can actually be considered a flop since there was hardly any hype.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

dxmcat

this is not middle school....theres a big difference between a school review system and a game review system:roll:

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 argetlam00

[QUOTE="dxmcat"]

fueled-system

this is not middle school....theres a big difference between a school review system and a game review system:roll:

Yeah, the game review system is harsher. A 70% could actually get you in a **** college.

lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
another less than impressive xbox360 game
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#108 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

I doubt this game can actually be considered a flop since there was hardly any hype.

Swift_Boss_A
True but Microsoft so is hyping this game. I've seen 15 crackdown 2 commercials in a 3 hr stint of watching tv last night.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#109 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"] comparing a sequel to a no-name JRPG doesn't workFlamesOfGrey
Why? A flop is a flop, no?

Yeah, but the sooner people accept that flop and move on, the quicker the flop threads die. Damage controlling only brings more flaming.

So we can't compare flops to other flops anymore without out it being labeled as damage control?
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#111 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Pretty much exactly what i thought it'd score here.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]no 7.0 is pretty bad, MAG for example really wasn't good... A means LOTS of flaws that take away from the experience of the gameargetlam00

7.0 is not a bad score and games that got 7s could be worth getting. Heck, 7 on GS means good.

Getting a 7.0 game and it being good is like winning a lottery. Why would I want to take the risk when there are so many better games? 7.0 is the definition of generic, average game.

That not true IMO. I sorry but that just sounds close minded to me. Not all 7.0 games all like that. 7.0 games are games that could be great but have noticeable flaws that are usually not gamebreaking and sometimes can be overlook.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 argetlam00

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

That not true IMO. I sorry but that just sounds close minded to me. Not all 7.0 games all like that. 7.0 games are games that could be great but have noticeable flaws that are usually not gamebreaking and sometimes can be overlook.

What you described sounds like an AA game, not an A game.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Ninja-Hippo
While Crackdown is a lot of fun, i think it has to be said that Microsoft just aren't up to scratch this gen when their own first party games have graphics as bad as this. There's no excuse for releasing games significantly below common benchmarks on your own machine.
argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 argetlam00

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]So we can't compare flops to other flops anymore without out it being labeled as damage control?Slashkice

It'd make sense if they were at least in the same genre, or at least the most recent flop.

You don't think it'd be weird if someone brought up Lost Odyssey if inFamous 2 flops?

Infamous 2 has almost no chance of flopping. I see nothing wrong with the game. It looks much better than the first.

agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts

That's not really surprising. I doubt anyone expected a revolution, or a work of art. Crackdown sets out to be silly fun, and I'm sure it succeeds at that.

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#118 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]So we can't compare flops to other flops anymore without out it being labeled as damage control?argetlam00

It'd make sense if they were at least in the same genre, or at least the most recent flop.

You don't think it'd be weird if someone brought up Lost Odyssey if inFamous 2 flops?

Infamous 2 has almost no chance of flopping. I see nothing wrong with the game. It looks much better than the first.

Nice crystal ball you have there.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 argetlam00

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

sanim02

Nice crystal ball you have there.

yeah, their called previews.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"] Why? A flop is a flop, no?xsubtownerx
Yeah, but the sooner people accept that flop and move on, the quicker the flop threads die. Damage controlling only brings more flaming.

So we can't compare flops to other flops anymore without out it being labeled as damage control?

How long ago did White Knight Chronicles come out February? He obviously just picked a PS3 game that scored lower then Crackdown regardless of anything to soften the blow of a score which isn't even bad in the first place. They aren't in the same genre either so, it was completely random.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

argetlam00

What you described sounds like an AA game, not an A game.

Many A games are like that or heck some of them get underrated for the littlest things, but whatever rocks your boat. I think they can be worth getting if I am interested in them and I can get pass the flaws. Heck Mirror's Edge got a 7 here yet despite it flaws I think its one of the best this gen.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#123 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
lol. Ouch, way lower than I expected. teh floppage! But this is even worse then the original game, that's a disappointing score. Oh well, I'm still renting it anyways. Maybe I'll love it.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Swift_Boss_A

It had AA hype though in the one rather sizable hype thread... granted the demo killed practically all the hype.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

definitely worth a rental.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
Wait... people care about Crackdown 2? Really? Why....? I get that the first one was fun, kind of a pseudo-MMO experience, but in all honesty it got old pretty fast... and luckily that genre has expanded with games like Infamous, Prototype, etc... from what I've played of the second Crackdown it's starting to feel dated. The graphics, the play experience, the whole sum of the parts is just not what it was at the start of the generation, it's far from as impressive, and it doesn't feel worth your time. Remember kids, every mediocre game you play is less time you're spending playing Starcraft 2. Do you want your country to lose to South Korea? Do you? Are you practicing? ARE YOU? Don't lie to me... put this Crackdown business aside.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

Stevo_the_gamer

It had AA hype though in the one rather sizable hype thread... granted the demo killed practically all the hype.

Poor poor lemms, first Alan Wake and now Crackdown 2, could Reach be next :P

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Did it REALLY have AA hype? Do we honestly think these polls provide an accurate measure of what people expect a game to score?
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
IGN gave it a 7.5
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#130 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="jedikevin2"][QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

True but Microsoft so is hyping this game. I've seen 15 crackdown 2 commercials in a 3 hr stint of watching tv last night.

Since when did quality have anything to do with marketing and sales success in this industry?
KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 KittenWishes
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts
Excellent reviews, well done Crackdown 2.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Did it REALLY have AA hype? Do we honestly think these polls provide an accurate measure of what people expect a game to score? Ninja-Hippo
Well, that's hard to say with definitive 100% accuracy.
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 sayonara89
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

Swift_Boss_A

Poor poor lemms, first Alan Wake and now Crackdown 2, could Reach be next :P

What about SCC? ;)
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Did it REALLY have AA hype? Do we honestly think these polls provide an accurate measure of what people expect a game to score? Stevo_the_gamer

I agree, polls should never be counted. From now on if someone is going to make a hype thread that person should count all the posts of people who actually own 360's to decide it. That's alot of work though.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Did it REALLY have AA hype? Do we honestly think these polls provide an accurate measure of what people expect a game to score? Stevo_the_gamer

Who cares?

No really? What possible difference does it make what the game was "hyped"? The Crackdown "fanboys" will buy it because its Crackdown, everyone else interested will give it a rent or play the demo to see if it interests them, and the remaining people will most likely shrug and go "wait, people care about Crackdown?". This fighting over "flops" is absurd... doesn't everyone own all of the consoles by this point in the generation anyway? Aren't even the most adamant of "fanboys" pretending at this point?

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
I didn't see any hype or interest in this game whatsoever.
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Did it REALLY have AA hype? Do we honestly think these polls provide an accurate measure of what people expect a game to score? FlamesOfGrey

I agree, polls should never be counted. From now on if someone is going to make a hype thread that person should count all the posts of people who actually own 360's to decide it. That's alot of work though.

I said at the top of my hype thread to post your hype afterwards and OF COURSE like 20 people did :P
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Who cares?

No really? What possible difference does it make what the game was "hyped"? The Crackdown "fanboys" will buy it because its Crackdown, everyone else interested will give it a rent or play the demo to see if it interests them, and the remaining people will most likely shrug and go "wait, people care about Crackdown?". This fighting over "flops" is absurd... doesn't everyone own all of the consoles by this point in the generation anyway? Aren't even the most adamant of "fanboys" pretending at this point?

subrosian

That's cool, mate. The flop esque material is all in good fun, it's just part of SystemWars culture; you know this because you have written about it in your information thread. But if you don't give a hoot and a hollar about it, well mate, the door is right over there.

:?

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

Wait... people care about Crackdown 2? Really? Why....?

I get that the first one was fun, kind of a pseudo-MMO experience, but in all honesty it got old pretty fast... and luckily that genre has expanded with games like Infamous, Prototype, etc... from what I've played of the second Crackdown it's starting to feel dated. The graphics, the play experience, the whole sum of the parts is just not what it was at the start of the generation, it's far from as impressive, and it doesn't feel worth your time.

Remember kids, every mediocre game you play is less time you're spending playing Starcraft 2. Do you want your country to lose to South Korea? Do you? Are you practicing? ARE YOU? Don't lie to me... put this Crackdown business aside.subrosian

lol, that last paragraph is pure win.

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

Ouch. Another flop - I was at least expecting an 8.0

Oh well, I enjoyed the demo. My friends and I will probably pick up down the line a bit for crazy co-op action.

KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 KevinButlerVP
Member since 2010 • 2378 Posts
Excellent reviews, well done Crackdown 2.KittenWishes
A reviews are as low as you can go... seems kinda bad to me
mysterj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 mysterj
Member since 2010 • 928 Posts
[QUOTE="KittenWishes"]Excellent reviews, well done Crackdown 2.KevinButlerVP

Excellent by xbox standard ;)
Classic24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Classic24
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

I bet infamous 2 scores a 9

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 -RocBoys9489-
[QUOTE="KittenWishes"]Excellent reviews, well done Crackdown 2.KevinButlerVP

What's your point? There have been AAA titles that I almost just didn't enjoy (AC I and II, inFamous, Forza 3, etc. I could go on lol) Then there have been A games I've loved like Mirror's Edge and Crackdown. Reviews are just some nerds' opinions
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#146 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Reviews are just some nerds' opinions-RocBoys9489-
A well educated, comparative opinion based on having been inculcated to a larger number of games over a longer period of time.
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
Who cares ;) People just don't get Crackdown :P Was a game for the fans. It's pure fun and awesome, without tons of motion blur and pointless sand. (Just Cause 2!)
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 -RocBoys9489-
[QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"] Reviews are just some nerds' opinionsVandalvideo
A well educated, comparative opinion based on having been inculcated to a larger number of games over a longer period of time.

Pretty much what I meant in a nutshell ;)
KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 KevinButlerVP
Member since 2010 • 2378 Posts
[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"][QUOTE="KittenWishes"]Excellent reviews, well done Crackdown 2.-RocBoys9489-

What's your point? There have been AAA titles that I almost just didn't enjoy (AC I and II, inFamous, Forza 3, etc. I could go on lol) Then there have been A games I've loved like Mirror's Edge and Crackdown. Reviews are just some nerds' opinions

those reviewers have more credibility than you have, are you trying to say that reviewers are just nerds with opinion but your opinion is special?
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#150 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts
[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"][QUOTE="KittenWishes"]Excellent reviews, well done Crackdown 2.mysterj

Excellent by xbox standard ;)

I see what you did there :P