Console gamers literally are too dumb to play this kind of game.

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#101 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I think I'm too smart to fall for this arrogance.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Unfortunately that is the attitude of many big publishers, and all the more reason crowsourcing and development funding by the consumer is important for games. I'll be putting in some money towards this and Wasteland 2, I've had my eye on it for a while - really hope it reaches its goal - the guy deserves the exposure.skrat_01

Wasteland 2 has got me excited my name alone.

I wondor how different it will be from the Fallout games.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
It's ridiculous a ridiculous thing to say but I won't put it past money-grubbing publishers to say something of the sort. Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield was the pinnacle of the genre and hopefully Allen's Kickstarter project can bring the genre back.
legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts

i dont find his concept apealing . unless the gameplay feel like crysis 1.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] yeah the TC should change the title..maybe then people would understand the point

SpruceCaboose

The responsibility is solely on the shoulders of the reader. Ranting based only on the title... now THAT's dumb. Then again, maybe it's not being just dumb. It's also being lazy.

We are on the internet, home to 20 second attention spans.

20? Damn, we've matured have we? :P
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Did OP forget that the original Rainbow Six and Rouge Squad were on the PS1? Oh yeah, Ghost Recon (the original) was on the PS2 and Xbox and Gamecube.

Ever think that maybe game development costs got high the little niche communites couldn't support the developers anymore? The guy has to take donations just to convince a publishers, and he's going to squeak by. That's how tiny the audience is in relation to the rest of gaming.

Sure, maybe now that PC gaming has more than quardupled in size there is enough people to make a tactical shooter, but not a few years ago.

Wasdie

Nah...even back in the 90s and early 00s every good tactical shooter sold over million copies on PC.

What happened was simple: they didn't sell as well on consoles. Yes, RainbowSix and Rogue Spear was on consoles, but they sold like utter crap. Ghost Recon did better, but it already was slightly dumbed down (you could take more hits, there were more enemies on maps). And since then the more they dumbed down their games the better they sold on consoles. RainbowSix 3 on XBox was already halfway to arcade and it sold better than any previous Ubisoft's console shooter. And Vegas turned into pure arcade and again ales jumped up.

It's not that it's not profitable to make PC tactical shooter as that it's more profitable to make multiplat arcade one.

And it's not that console gamers are to dumb to play RainbowSix, they just prefer simple shooters.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] yeah the TC should change the title..maybe then people would understand the point

SpruceCaboose

The responsibility is solely on the shoulders of the reader. Ranting based only on the title... now THAT's dumb. Then again, maybe it's not being just dumb. It's also being lazy.

We are on the internet, home to 20 second attention spans.

But it fits perfectly. People who are too lazy to read anything besides the title are the same people that wouldn't want to spend 10 minutes doing pre-mision plan in RainbowSix

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

While statements like this are obviously factual, it is a bit unfair to point it out so bluntly.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Unfortunately that is the attitude of many big publishers, and all the more reason crowsourcing and development funding by the consumer is important for games. I'll be putting in some money towards this and Wasteland 2, I've had my eye on it for a while - really hope it reaches its goal - the guy deserves the exposure.OB-47

Wasteland 2 has got me excited my name alone.

I wondor how different it will be from the Fallout games.

Oh it should be pretty different I imagine, just going by the original. Very much party centric and repayable. And tough, always seemed more survival centric then Fallout did. But yeah, I can't wait either, it should be damn fun even watching the development process.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#110 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Hmm, this guy does not sound like the best marketer in the world.

Though I guess he does get the elitist vote.

Majistrate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Majistrate
Member since 2011 • 331 Posts

[QUOTE="Majistrate"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

LOL what a moron.

I pity you if you think playing overly complicated, boring video games is a clear indicator of intelligence.

Aljosa23

Just because you can't grasp the complexities of such games, does not make them boring.

Yeah, it makes it boring. Why would I waste my time playing something that's not fun to learn? To prove I'm some sort of super nerd? lol f*ck off

That's your opinion. Sometimes, some people like to plan every detail of something, and then they get satisfaction from seeing that plan work flawlessly.

Ah, I forgot, if it's not a CoD clone it's sh!t.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts

Nah...even back in the 90s and early 00s every good tactical shooter sold over million copies on PC.

What happened was simple: they didn't sell as well on consoles. Yes, RainbowSix and Rogue Spear was on consoles, but they sold like utter crap. Ghost Recon did better, but it already was slightly dumbed down (you could take more hits, there were more enemies on maps). And since then the more they dumbed down their games the better they sold on consoles. RainbowSix 3 on XBox was already halfway to arcade and it sold better than any previous Ubisoft's console shooter. And Vegas turned into pure arcade and again ales jumped up.

It's not that it's not profitable to make PC tactical shooter as that it's more profitable to make multiplat arcade one.

And it's not that console gamers are to dumb to play RainbowSix, they just prefer simple shooters.

AdrianWerner

How about no...

Although the final product isn't as feature-rich as its PC counterpart, Rainbow Six for the Dreamcast retains the original's slow-paced, strategic gameplay while, somewhat amazingly, not sacrificing any of its complexity to the Dreamcast's limited controller.Gamespots Rainbow Six Dreamcast Review
The game was successful enough that they released Rogue Spear on the Dreamcast later in the same year.

Ghost Recon the Xbox still had the same "one-shot-kill" gameplay as it's PC counterpart, nothing was removed or dumbed down so I have no idea where you're pulling that from. The reason it was more successful on Xbox was it's improved AI, interface, and extensive support for Xbox Live which was relatively new at the time.

I understand that PC is your preferred platorm, that's all fine and dandy, but give credit where credit is due.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Apparently I had a PhD a decade or so ago, to enable me to play SWAT and Ghost Recon, Island Thunder etc.

Here's a hint : those games weren't that hard

About the same as R6Vegas 1 & 2 really

I probably died more to lambent doggies in Gears 2 than I did in SWAT

Brilliant move insulting possible fans. Really, brilliant.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
That's funny they think hermits are experts cause they can install a driver lol. Which drivers are probably half of their support calls. For consoles many come from pc, so if they are dumb so is pc.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Apparently I had a PhD a decade or so ago, to enable me to play SWAT and Ghost Recon, Island Thunder etc.

ZombieKiller7
read the article...
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

ZombieKiller7

Stop reading thread titles alone, it will save you alot of stupid statements and lmao @ saying old school R6 games and Vegas are the same difficulty.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 GD1551

I think I'm too smart to fall for this arrogance.foxhound_fox

What arrogance?

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]I think I'm too smart to fall for this arrogance.GD1551

What arrogance?

From the publisher in the article that said that console gamers are dumb
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#119 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
With BS comments like that no wonder everybody hates the PC community.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]well..he/she wasn't exactly wrong with the statement. The game he described sounded alot like the old school rainbow six games and the SWAT series..games that in this day and age would do horrible on consoles because of the punishing trial and error.loosingENDS

Sure, i read you need a 3 PhD to play such games, a console gamer could never play them

I'm with loosingENDS on this one; It's about as nonsensical as saying 'X people cannot play this game', not considering the wide range of people that use consoles. Fvcking Idiot.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
With BS comments like that no wonder everybody hates the PC community.tomarlyn
It wasn't him that made the comment..it was a publisher. dammit people read the article!
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DarthJohnova

While statements like this are obviously factual, it is a bit unfair to point it out so bluntly.

tenaka2
How is it factual? Perhaps Steven Hawking is a console gamer. What now? It's a stupid thing to say.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

DarthJohnova

How is it factual? Perhaps Steven Hawking is a console gamer. What now? It's a stupid thing to say.

Given the mans condition and medical state, yes, it is a very stupid thing to say.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]With BS comments like that no wonder everybody hates the PC community.lawlessx
It wasn't him that made the comment..it was a publisher. dammit people read the article!

That would require basic comprehension within the consolite community.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 DarthJohnova

[QUOTE="DarthJohnova"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Given the mans condition and medical state, yes, it is a very stupid thing to say.

Don't be pedantic.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="Majistrate"]

Just because you can't grasp the complexities of such games, does not make them boring.

Majistrate

Yeah, it makes it boring. Why would I waste my time playing something that's not fun to learn? To prove I'm some sort of super nerd? lol f*ck off

That's your opinion. Sometimes, some people like to plan every detail of something, and then they get satisfaction from seeing that plan work flawlessly.

Ah, I forgot, if it's not a CoD clone it's sh!t.

Your second comment is dumb. I don't even like Call of Duty.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

console player here, and i played RS3 back in the day yup...im too dumb.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

With comments like these, no wonder Publishers thinks console gamers are as smart as a loaf of bread.

Try reading the article, champ.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#129 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Well yea, console gamers are pretty damn stooopid.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]With BS comments like that no wonder everybody hates the PC community.Jankarcop

With comments like these, no wonder Publishers thinks console gamers are as smart as a loaf of bread.

its the general attitude how PC gamers somehow think they are more superior and somehow are more brainy because they game on PC. Thatss why people rag on the few PC gamers on here your no better than anyone sit down just because you've thrown more cash at something doesnt make you any more of a gamer, games are becoming more streamlined in favour of acessibility its a massive market and publishers want to tap in and reap big profits, people think gaming should just be for them and forget bout the big picture and PC gamers are especially bad for this on this board.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#131 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]With BS comments like that no wonder everybody hates the PC community.razgriz_101

its the general attitude how PC gamers somehow think they are more superior and somehow are more brainy because they game on PC. Thatss why people rag on the few PC gamers on here your no better than anyone sit down just because you've thrown more cash at something doesnt make you any more of a gamer, games are becoming more streamlined in favour of acessibility its a massive market and publishers want to tap in and reap big profits, people think gaming should just be for them and forget bout the big picture and PC gamers are especially bad for this on this board.

Using the wrong "you're" does not disprove what the guys says.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]With BS comments like that no wonder everybody hates the PC community.razgriz_101

Publishers call you all bunch of idiots,

Clearly PC gamers are at fault,

clearly.

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

The police will soon be knocking on your door for butchering the English language.
MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

clearly.

Neglecting to read the article and proceeding off tangent, to accuse Hermits of the usual crap, certainly does'nt help his cause ;)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#135 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]well..he/she wasn't exactly wrong with the statement. The game he described sounded alot like the old school rainbow six games and the SWAT series..games that in this day and age would do horrible on consoles because of the punishing trial and error.turtlethetaffer

I tihnk a more accurate statement would be that "console gamers don't like something that complex." Saying they're too dumb to figure it out is jsut low.

good point, but that's people for you. If you don't like what they do, you're some how less than.
wewantdoom4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 wewantdoom4now
Member since 2012 • 1792 Posts

That publisher wasn't exactly wrong when sayin gthat.

I hope Allen he gets his funding though.

Jankarcop

yep they're wrong anything catering to noobs=bad

wewantdoom4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 wewantdoom4now
Member since 2012 • 1792 Posts

noobs will be pros...one day no sense in watering down the game just so they can start out easier.

instant gratification ruined video games and everything.

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
I kind of agree the average I.Q. of console gamers is lower than my cat's.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 DarthJohnova

I kind of agree the average I.Q. of console gamers is lower than my cat's.SamiRDuran
Should that not be "I kind of agree, the average I.Q. of console gamers is lower than my cat's"?

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Did OP forget that the original Rainbow Six and Rouge Squad were on the PS1? Oh yeah, Ghost Recon (the original) was on the PS2 and Xbox and Gamecube.

Ever think that maybe game development costs got high the little niche communites couldn't support the developers anymore? The guy has to take donations just to convince a publishers, and he's going to squeak by. That's how tiny the audience is in relation to the rest of gaming.

Sure, maybe now that PC gaming has more than quardupled in size there is enough people to make a tactical shooter, but not a few years ago.

AdrianWerner

Congrats, you just won the thread. And while I did enjoy Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield on the PC, I also think it's not a game many poeple would enjoy (too hard).

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 tomarlyn
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]With BS comments like that no wonder everybody hates the PC community.lawlessx

I know it was the publisher, wtf Who's "him"???
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

clearly.

That is the PC gaming community mindset in a nutshell though, this is a publisher giving them a bro fist.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 DarthJohnova

^ Pretty much.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"]With BS comments like that no wonder everybody hates the PC community.tomarlyn

I know it was the publisher, /QUOTE]

So game publishers are the "PC community".

:lol:

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"]With BS comments like that no wonder everybody hates the PC community.Jankarcop

I know it was the publisher, /QUOTE]

So game publishers are the "PC community".

:lol:

they use PCs, they are one of us! :P
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 AdrianWerner

The game was successful enough that they released Rogue Spear on the Dreamcast later in the same year.AcidSoldner

So? It wasn't as successful as PC version and nowhere near as successful as later dumbed down versions of RainbowSix for consoles were

Ghost Recon the Xbox still had the same "one-shot-kill" gameplay as it's PC counterpart, nothing was removed or dumbed down so I have no idea where you're pulling that from. The reason it was more successful on Xbox was it's improved AI, interface, and extensive support for Xbox Live which was relatively new at the time.

I understand that PC is your preferred platorm, that's all fine and dandy, but give credit where credit is due.

AcidSoldner

Did Xbox version of Ghost Recon really sold more on Xbox than on PC, link please?

The slight changes in gameplay is what I've heard from one of the interviews, but it was so long ago that I can't remember where it was. THis doesn't matter though. you can't deny that Xbox version was dumbed down compared to PC one, even if solely because they limited the number of teams you took into the mission from 3 on PC to 2 on XBox. Now, it wasn't a huge change, but already there was one.

Also..the fact is simple: the more they dumbed down those franchises, the more they sold on consoles

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 AdrianWerner

ZombieKiller7

You know, I don't subcribe to the stereotype of console gamers being dumb and lazy, but when console fans make posts like the one you just did I can easily understand why some pcgamers might think that stereotype is true,

vtoshkatur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 vtoshkatur
Member since 2011 • 1962 Posts

"The pitch hasn't gone so well." :lol:ispeakfact

'Console Gamers are literally too stupid for something'

:lol::lol::lol:Legendary! I wonder which publisher it was!

PS The Pumpkins ARE CLASSIC ROCK CHUMP

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 GD1551

[QUOTE="ispeakfact"]"The pitch hasn't gone so well." :lol:vtoshkatur

'Console Gamers are literally too stupid for something'

:lol::lol::lol:Legendary! I wonder which publisher it was!

PS The Pumpkins ARE CLASSIC ROCK CHUMP

Probably activision lol

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46561 Posts

With zero reading comprehension like this no wonder publishers say stuff like that