COD fans, what keeps you from switching to Battlefield?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

THe BF fans got there reason and now whining how BF is beter. Who gives a damn COD will continue to stomp BF and people will continue they feel is better unlike you forum dwellers. This was a thread to bash COD not find reasons why its better, notice BF fans are answer even though its not your question. But anyway go on WASDIE mod me as anything against BF is illegal so f it. Corrupt like the british police.

viper-kid

The ****s deserved everything they got. inbread idiots destroying thier own areas, smart move.

back on topic. accessibility has been pretty much the only legit response in this thread.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

cod is a camping shooter which is easy for people to get in. battlefield has steep learning curve and is strategic...probably majority of people buying cod, when buying games play them on easy mode since hard is just to stressful and hard for them

bf3 all the way

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#103 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]Battlefield 2 was before Call of Dutystarjet905

No.

He should had said 1942 since it's out before the 1st COD.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Birdy09

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]No.

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]

Most of the people replying here haven't even played Battlefield. The closest they have come to playing Battlefield is playing the Bad Company games. So they have no clue what Battlefield really is.

starjet905

You do realize that Bad Company IS Battlefield... right? :|

This. BF fanboys act like BC is not part of the BF series just so they can keep saying that CoD keeps rolling out sequels every year.

Modern Warfare copied alot from Battlefield 2. Also, yes genius it is Battlefield, but its a spin off franchise thats aimed more at the CoD crowd on consoles. BF3 is the sequel to the PC franchise... you know, the one with large maps, jets, proper squads ect.

wolverine_97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 wolverine_97
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

I doubt any of the COD fanboys will switch to BF because they like to bash it and COD is the only game they play.

HaloPimp978
So true... Had a friend once that said to me "COD is awesome, BF is ****", then I said, "Have you played BF?", and hesaid "No," and kinda went silent.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

I play CoD for campaign and BFBC2 had a simply awful campaign.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#107 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
I don't like the EA servers, I always have problems connecting to them.
Aboogie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Aboogie5
Member since 2008 • 1118 Posts

People like the arcade style of COD.. being constantly rewarded, being in the middle of the battle instantly...

chaotzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 chaotzu
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts
You guys make it seem like everybody is getting this on PC where BF3 will no doubt be the superior game. I have a PS3, so I won't be able to witness God's Gift to Gaming like the Master Race will. On consoles MW3 just seems like the better buy: 1. I hate vehicles in online MP shooters (Warhawk is the ONLY exception) 2. MW3 runs a 60fps. BF3 30fps. 3. Both have 24 players online 4. MW3 has smaller maps. Easier to find peope 5. MW3 gun mechanics are better. 6. MW3 has SPLITSCREEN to play with buddies who visit. 7. MW3's single player seems more interesting (WW3) compared to whatever BF3 is trying to do. 8. All of my work buddies, old college buddies, and family members are going to buy MW3 at midnigt release. They call it the King for a reason...
Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#110 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

I wasn't aware I was required to choose one.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#111 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
I play both, but i must say i kinda like BF more. Less of a kid based community, more team based, and all around MORE realistic than CoD. That Doesnt mean that BF is realistic, im just saying that its more realistic than Cod. If i want realism, i play Red Orchestra or Arma 2. But another thing is how people say "Teh CoD is better because of its sales", thats DEFINITELY not true, look at justin Bieber. Hes sold millions of Albums, yet almost everybody hates him. Justin Bieber is the CoD of music, over rated, over hyped, and over sold.
Avatar image for Vinegar_Strokes
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Vinegar_Strokes
Member since 2010 • 3401 Posts

do we have to choose.

is it possilble to like 2 games.

or do i have to draw a line and defend my chosen peice of software like a mental

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]

Most of the people replying here haven't even played Battlefield. The closest they have come to playing Battlefield is playing the Bad Company games. So they have no clue what Battlefield really is.

Messiahbolical-

You do realize that Battlefield Bad Company=/=Battlefield....right? :|

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]

AmazonTreeBoa

Most of the people here have never played CoD, Call of Duty Modern Warfare/World at War/Black Ops =/= Call of Duty.

ToastRider11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#115 ToastRider11
Member since 2010 • 2573 Posts

Jeez. People are acting like if you COD and then go Battlefield instead like there's not going back. Like going from Mac to PC or something. I can buy both games and play both games and enjoy them both. I admit that the COD is really stale now and MW3 doesn't excite me a whole lot. Except for maybe its new Spec Ops mode.

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#116 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
Simply because they like CoD and battlefield is not CoD.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] You do realize that Bad Company IS Battlefield... right? :|StealthMonkey4

Most of the people here have never played CoD, Call of Duty Modern Warfare/World at War/Black Ops =/= Call of Duty.

multiplayer wise all cods are cod... mw=waw=mw2=black ops etc etc...exact same thing
KalEl370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 KalEl370
Member since 2007 • 907 Posts
I will enjoy both. Keep the COD hate coming though, it's comedy gold.
whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

Smaller Maps

Better Create a Class system

Perks

Killstreaks

Arcade style shooting

superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

I think what it comes down to is that some people just want something that makes them feel good and feel good about themselves. CoD is a game where everyone has a shot at winning for a while.

A competitive shooting game shoves your personal weaknesses and failures right in your face and forces you to confront them and do something about it. Some people can't handle that.

Basically, CoD is like a big fuzzy teddy bear for people who are mediocre at everything.

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Androvinus

I think what it comes down to is that some people just want something that makes them feel good and feel good about themselves. CoD is a game where everyone has a shot at winning for a while.

A competitive shooting game shoves your personal weaknesses and failures right in your face and forces you to confront them and do something about it. Some people can't handle that.

Basically, CoD is like a big fuzzy teddy bear for people who are mediocre at everything.

superfluidity
You do realize that most people start off cod being terrible at it right? You do realize that it is the same for any multiplayer game right? If you play cod or battlefield for 20 hours you are going to start getting good. It isnt a matter of one requiring more skill than the other. Battlefield just requires more teamwork.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#122 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I have more fun playing MW2 than BFBC2.

I find it faster.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
I just like the co-op in cod games. But yes I think bf3 might be the better game overall. I'm going to try to get both.
superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

[QUOTE="superfluidity"]

Androvinus

You do realize that most people start off cod being terrible at it right? You do realize that it is the same for any multiplayer game right? If you play cod or battlefield for 20 hours you are going to start getting good. It isnt a matter of one requiring more skill than the other. Battlefield just requires more teamwork.

Some games simply provide more opportunities for players to go on a winning streaks regardless of skill level.

CoD is kind of like the Mario Kart of shooters, where someone who would normally be hopelessly left behind has many opportunities handed to them. It's ingenious marketing on Activision's part and I totally understand why they do it, but it is what it is.

I haven't played the game since MW2, but some examples are: spawning in locations that give someone free kills, weapons that kill in one hit and don't expose the shooter to attack (grenade launcher, knife in many situations) or hiding in grass as a sniper. Combine these things with unrealistic shooting mechanics where you basically just point in the enemy's general direction and hold down fire, and you have a recipie for a game that lets anyone rack up some kills.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#125 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Somehow I was unable to find a legit reason, so here is why:

- Easier learning curve and less punishing (with many modes having no cooldown timer for dying)

- Faster paced, can jump in a game and get several kills within a minute with matches rarely being longer then a half hour at most

- More polish, you have to admit that the BF games tend to be rather buggy with hit detection and glitches with the wall compared to the usually polished Modern Warfare series

- Better single player, a lot of people get into games for the campaign, and so far BC2's efforts have all been lacking compared to the campaigns of CoD

- Better co-op, while BF is amazing in MP, the co-op has been a huge downpoint. Onslaught was basically 4 redone maps against dumb bots, as compared to the well recieved Spec Ops and Zombies from the CoD franchise

- Less individual glory, BF is amazing with friends, but not quite as much alone and doesn't reward twitch shooting or individual skill as much as planning so its for a different type of gamer really

- Assorted other features and things (improved ranking system, more customization, perks, killstreaks, insane mode variety, etc.)

So there you have it. A few reasons why someone might have a preference over another. Personally I love both games, and I think BF3 will be better then MW3, but so far both series have had their ups and downs. CoD4 was revolutionary and miles more fun then Bad Company 1 for me, while Bad Company 2 was much more fulfilling online then MW2 was. No need to bring out the biased hate.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Battlefield is for people who want to use teamwork to win, CoD is for people who want to improve their K/D ratio. They are very different games.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Birdy09

Somehow I was unable to find a legit reason, so here is why:

- Easier learning curve and less punishing (with many modes having no cooldown timer for dying) Acessibility ok.

- Faster paced, can jump in a game and get several kills within a minute with matches rarely being longer then a half hour at mostAcessibility ok.

- More polish, you have to admit that the BF games tend to be rather buggy with hit detection and glitches with the wall compared to the usually polished Modern Warfare series You mean CoD? the game where you can chest/headshot someone a few times but die in 1 hit to the leg the other? Its more polished because theres barely anything to polish.... balance is awful with some things so thats not polish either.

- Better single player, a lot of people get into games for the campaign, and so far BC2's efforts have all been lacking compared to the campaigns of CoD Agreed, but we cant judge either in that department yet since this is the first Battlefield SP Campgin (NOT BAD COMPANY)

- Better co-op, while BF is amazing in MP, the co-op has been a huge downpoint. Onslaught was basically 4 redone maps against dumb bots, as compared to the well recieved Spec Ops and Zombies from the CoD franchise BF has overall better online Co-OP spec ops was just a minigame, and zombie mode isnt in this new game... just as you say "redone maps with waves of bots".

- Less individual glory, BF is amazing with friends, but not quite as much alone and doesn't reward twitch shooting or individual skill as much as planning so its for a different type of gamer really Disagree, I do amazing alone.

- Assorted other features and things (improved ranking system, more customization, perks, killstreaks, insane mode variety, etc.) 10x the costumization of BF Bad company games, I doubt there will be any gap between the 2 on this subject now.

So there you have it. A few reasons why someone might have a preference over another. Personally I love both games, and I think BF3 will be better then MW3, but so far both series have had their ups and downs. CoD4 was revolutionary and miles more fun then Bad Company 1 for me, while Bad Company 2 was much more fulfilling online then MW2 was. No need to bring out the biased hate.

SPYDER0416

I agree with some, but others are preferences that just dont go by what I consider logic.

K0NEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 K0NEY
Member since 2011 • 70 Posts

in fact no game takes any skill.

Gotham-Calls

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

just wondering, seems to me that battlefield is superior in every category, from graphics to gameplay to realism. maybe im wrong, can you give specifics?

GTSaiyanjin2

How does this still get lost on people? All hate aside, CoD and Battlefield play to different styles. CoD is a fast paced arena style shooter with less teamwork involved(games can easily be won by a single person if they are good enough) where as battlefield plays out at a much slower pace with far more reliance on team work(good luck winning matches on a crappy team). 90% of the people who play CoD can't get into the different styles offer by a BF title, likewise with BF gamers playing a CoD game. Personally I like both styles though and will be buying both games (BF3 for my PC and MW3 for 360)

I agree with everything you said.... but you could play COD and use teamwork, but the game it self does not force you to do so. In Bf you pretty much have to use teamwork for the game to fuction which is all good till you meat you teamates :x I do like BF though once you find a good server with balanced teams it can be a lot of fun and a good change of pace from COD.

Yes you can... my point is it is easier to win games via individual play styles in CoD than it is in any Battlefield title. Where as you can be the best player on a team and lead them to victory more often than not in CoD (even in games like Search and Destroy or Domination or Capture the flag, thanks to Kill streaks, especially in MW2 with the Nuke... one strong player playing a DM game in CTF or Domination can single handedly win the game because of a Nuke), it is a far less likely occurance in a battlefield game because they are far more reliant on teamwork. Hence they play to different styles.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i dont know why ppl keep thinking u cant buy both and u HAVE to choose one :S
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#131 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Gotham-Calls"]

[QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

just wondering, seems to me that battlefield is superior in every category, from graphics to gameplay to realism. maybe im wrong, can you give specifics?

russiaAK47

call of duty stomps all over battlefield.

my point exactly, you cant give me a specific detail. have you played BF?

That's the average I.Q. of Call of Duty fanboys. No point in arguing. Responses like "stomps BF3" and "trashes BF3" are all over the place. Oh, and... "MW3 has more pre-orders than BF3." It's a never-ending spiral of doom.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] You do realize that Bad Company IS Battlefield... right? :|StealthMonkey4

Sells totals say you are wrong. Most people here have played CoD. The rest of your comment I really don't understand. I wasn't ever talking about CoD. Maybe you quoted the wrong person.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

GTSaiyanjin2

How does this still get lost on people? All hate aside, CoD and Battlefield play to different styles. CoD is a fast paced arena style shooter with less teamwork involved(games can easily be won by a single person if they are good enough) where as battlefield plays out at a much slower pace with far more reliance on team work(good luck winning matches on a crappy team). 90% of the people who play CoD can't get into the different styles offer by a BF title, likewise with BF gamers playing a CoD game. Personally I like both styles though and will be buying both games (BF3 for my PC and MW3 for 360)

I agree with everything you said.... but you could play COD and use teamwork, but the game it self does not force you to do so. In Bf you pretty much have to use teamwork for the game to fuction which is all good till you meat you teamates :x I do like BF though once you find a good server with balanced teams it can be a lot of fun and a good change of pace from COD.

The reason you don't see team work in CoD is because it actually works, and with the combination of killstreaks, will basically cause the other team to rage quit instantaneously
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
[QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

[QUOTE="Gotham-Calls"] call of duty stomps all over battlefield.

Elann2008

That's the average I.Q. of Call of Duty fanboys. No point in arguing. Responses like "stomps BF3" and "trashes BF3" are all over the place. Oh, and... "MW3 has more pre-orders than BF3." It's a never-ending spiral of doom.

have you ever thought it was because they are responding to people that are just as stupid, CoD does stomp all over BF for a lot of people. It has more game modes, and several modes benefit highly from team work, like sabotage/s&d... HQ... Smaller maps, creates much much tighter action, it keeps the pace high and frantic and using tactics in that environment is much much more difficult. I think battlefield is easier, you don't constantly have to move, you can take your time, and the spot system basically makes team work embedded in the gameplay and not really difficult, you just sit there and wait for little triangles to pop up on the map and then go hunt them down...
Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
BF3 isn't real at all :lol: CoD fans probably like the lone wold non objective based aspect of CoD's MP. Plus its faster paced and less skill based.
Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

because it takes skill whereas as call of duty is running and gunning and you are awarded 5-10 extra kills every time you get a kill streak. call of duty sucks monkey ****

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
[QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

Elann2008

are you serious? get off that high horse buddy, not everyone likes bf, get over yourself, their just videogames not freaking rocket science.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Chris_Williams
[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]BF3 isn't real at all :lol: CoD fans probably like the lone wold non objective based aspect of CoD's MP. Plus its faster paced and less skill based.

and bf3 taks more skill? i don't understand this? how is camping around a bomb for enemies to come defuse the bomb taking alot of skills?
Avatar image for DangerousLiquid
DangerousLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 DangerousLiquid
Member since 2011 • 452 Posts

Simply because it's so boring... Period!

DasBeerBoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DasBeerBoot
Member since 2011 • 261 Posts

[QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

Gotham-Calls

yep i play battlefield, but the experience just does not measure up to call of duty. heres why.

1) matches take no longer than 10 minutes(quick accesible and i can just play and stop whenever)

2)battlefield does not take more skill, in fact no game takes any skill. just becoming comfortable with how the game feels and controls. i easily adapted my cod game to battlefield.Always top 3 on the scoreboard.

3)customization is way better and easier to do.silencer on whatever gun, not just for certainn guns.

4) Gameplay just feels better, smooth and quick.

5)no teammate aspect on most modes. I don't have to rely on my teammates.

6)search and destroy is fast paced and exciting to play. you never know whats going to happen.

7)Doesn't try to do things it can't, such as try to be too realistic. its an arcade military shooter, fast paced and addictive.

Seems like you are an Arcade player?
G-CITY8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 G-CITY8
Member since 2011 • 82 Posts
I am a COD fan but I actually might get BF3.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Birdy09
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]BF3 isn't real at all :lol: CoD fans probably like the lone wold non objective based aspect of CoD's MP. Plus its faster paced and less skill based.

and bf3 taks more skill? i don't understand this? how is camping around a bomb for enemies to come defuse the bomb taking alot of skills?

Yes because thats all there is to BF... theres not different classes with actual different functions, an array of vehicles to get good at, and more difficult gun mechanics...
Gotham-Calls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Gotham-Calls
Member since 2011 • 335 Posts

[QUOTE="Gotham-Calls"]

[QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

DasBeerBoot

yep i play battlefield, but the experience just does not measure up to call of duty. heres why.

1) matches take no longer than 10 minutes(quick accesible and i can just play and stop whenever)

2)battlefield does not take more skill, in fact no game takes any skill. just becoming comfortable with how the game feels and controls. i easily adapted my cod game to battlefield.Always top 3 on the scoreboard.

3)customization is way better and easier to do.silencer on whatever gun, not just for certainn guns.

4) Gameplay just feels better, smooth and quick.

5)no teammate aspect on most modes. I don't have to rely on my teammates.

6)search and destroy is fast paced and exciting to play. you never know whats going to happen.

7)Doesn't try to do things it can't, such as try to be too realistic. its an arcade military shooter, fast paced and addictive.

Seems like you are an Arcade player?

no i just like games where i can play a quick match and stop whenever i want, like fifa or nba 2k11.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Chris_Williams
[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]BF3 isn't real at all :lol: CoD fans probably like the lone wold non objective based aspect of CoD's MP. Plus its faster paced and less skill based.

Yes because thats all there is to BF... theres not different classes with actual different functions, an array of vehicles to get good at, and more difficult gun mechanics...

okay but how does all of that correlate to more skill? also why can't someone enjoy both cod and bf3, why do people need to change sides? this i also don't understand.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#145 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
I'm not a fan of either series but CoD2 and 4 wipe the floor with every BF game ever made.
NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
I like that CoD is much fast-paced. If it weren't for Rush in BFBC2, then BF would be boring.
Gotham-Calls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Gotham-Calls

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] and bf3 taks more skill? i don't understand this? how is camping around a bomb for enemies to come defuse the bomb taking alot of skills? Chris_Williams

okay but how does all of that correlate to more skill? also why can't someone enjoy both cod and bf3, why do people need to change sides? this i also don't understand.

yeah people who say battlefield takes more skill are dead wrong. its so easy to play once you learn how to spot and use your equpiment efficiently. That takes no skill it just takes time. thats for just about for every game. games don't take skill they take time.

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Androvinus

Yes because thats all there is to BF... theres not different classes with actual different functions, an array of vehicles to get good at, and more difficult gun mechanics... Birdy09
That is the biggest lie I have heard concerning battlefield. The guns handle much more easily. Sniper rifles have no sway (i think they do in BF3). There is no bullet drop off damage for smgs, assault rifles, lmgs etc. The guns have very little recoil too. It is extremely easy to snipe someone with an smg because the recoil is so small. The visual recoil is greater than the physical recoil. And dont even get me started on shotguns.

GojiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 GojiMaster
Member since 2009 • 451 Posts

russiaAK47

Battlefield games are so boring to me. I don't enjoy getting sniped from half-way across a map and then having no idea where that sniper even was. Large maps, slow-gameplay, terrible progression system, bad hit detection, no splitscreen options, no splitscreen online, lack of enough game modes, lack of ability to converse with whole (at least in Bad Company 2), none of my friends play this game, and not enough action.

Call of Duty has better single-player, better co-op options (Spec Ops and Nazi Zombis destroy anything Battlefield has used), far better options for playing with my friends locallly (splitscreen online in Black Ops was the best addition to the CoD series in Black Ops), a far batter progression system, emblems and callsigns that make it fun to keep playing the game (although Black Ops didn't have these, hopefully MW3 will), much faster action (some people don't like to wait 20 minutes to find the action), much better controls (CoD has always had super smooth controls), and much more overall popularity. CoD is the go-to game because that is what everyone plays at my work, school, and friends circle.

Battlefield is too slow, too hardcore, takes too much patience, and is not a game for the casual masses. Hardcore gamers can enjoy the realism, but I don't think that is what most average gamers want anyway. They want a game they can jump into immediately and play without a difficult learning curve. CoD is easy to start playing immediately, but it also gives enough options for veteran players to stay engaged. The Battlefield series doesn't show any signs of understanding that concept yet.

Gotham-Calls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Gotham-Calls

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] Yes because thats all there is to BF... theres not different classes with actual different functions, an array of vehicles to get good at, and more difficult gun mechanics... Androvinus

That is the biggest lie I have heard concerning battlefield. The guns handle much more easily. Sniper rifles have no sway (i think they do in BF3). There is no bullet drop off damage for smgs, assault rifles, lmgs etc. The guns have very little recoil too. It is extremely easy to snipe someone with an smg because the recoil is so small. The visual recoil is greater than the physical recoil. And dont even get me started on shotguns.

ohhhhh yeah i hate those shotguns. they are like one hit kill assault rifles with that kind of range. Not realistic