COD fans, what keeps you from switching to Battlefield?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

russiaAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 russiaAK47
Member since 2011 • 447 Posts

just wondering, seems to me that battlefield is superior in every category, from graphics to gameplay to realism. maybe im wrong, can you give specifics?

Gotham-Calls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gotham-Calls
Member since 2011 • 335 Posts

just wondering, seems to me that battlefield is superior in every category, from graphics to gameplay to realism. maybe im wrong, can you give specifics?

russiaAK47

call of duty stomps all over battlefield.

russiaAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 russiaAK47

[QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

Gotham-Calls

my point exactly, you cant give me a specific detail. have you played BF?

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Different tastes? The only arguable ones there are graphics and gameplay. Realism? Maybe some people don't like realism. I play both though :P
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

I imagine the fact that it's more complex.

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts
subjective to the person, it depends on what they like the most and the thing i hear is that people like that it's more fast pace then BF...atleast on consoles
ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

most people I know play both, I don't understand these brand loyalties sometimes

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

most people I know play both, I don't understand these brand loyalties sometimes

ZIVX

It's not brand loyalty.

Some of us just don't enjoy playing bad games like MW3, or paying for the same thing for the fourth time.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

Probably because COD requires no skill, and when they play BF it will be evident that they had none.

:o

Avatar image for deactivated-6079d224de716
deactivated-6079d224de716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6079d224de716
Member since 2009 • 2567 Posts

Probably CoD is easier to get into and more addicting for casual gamers.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

I will be getting both but i will probably enjoy MW3 more since i like Arcade shooters more.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts

One is easy (Call of Duty). One takes skill (Battlefield).

:P

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
The community.
Gotham-Calls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gotham-Calls

[QUOTE="Gotham-Calls"]

[QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

russiaAK47

yep i play battlefield, but the experience just does not measure up to call of duty. heres why.

1) matches take no longer than 10 minutes(quick accesible and i can just play and stop whenever)

2)battlefield does not take more skill, in fact no game takes any skill. just becoming comfortable with how the game feels and controls. i easily adapted my cod game to battlefield.Always top 3 on the scoreboard.

3)customization is way better and easier to do.silencer on whatever gun, not just for certainn guns.

4) Gameplay just feels better, smooth and quick.

5)no teammate aspect on most modes. I don't have to rely on my teammates.

6)search and destroy is fast paced and exciting to play. you never know whats going to happen.

7)Doesn't try to do things it can't, such as try to be too realistic. its an arcade military shooter, fast paced and addictive.

FPSDad1161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FPSDad1161
Member since 2011 • 814 Posts
Can't switch because I play and enjoy both. GASP SHOCKING!!!
Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

CoD is fast, you get in and do a quick match or two in 10-15 minutes. It's smooth and easy. And some people just into CoD's gameplay and don't want to change.

And I don't understand the argument about skill. So what, does Bad Company 2 take so much skill?

Golden_Boy187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Golden_Boy187
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

I play games to escape reality if i wanted to feel what real war was like ill join the army or at the very least

play Military paintball. For me there is nothing better than getting home from a long day of work hoping on COD owning

some noobs with some friends and feeling like rambo while i do it.

russiaAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 russiaAK47

[QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

[QUOTE="Gotham-Calls"] call of duty stomps all over battlefield.

Gotham-Calls

yep i play battlefield, but the experience just does not measure up to call of duty. heres why.

1) matches take no longer than 10 minutes(quick accesible and i can just play and stop whenever)

2)battlefield does not take more skill, in fact no game takes any skill. just becoming comfortable with how the game feels and controls. i easily adapted my cod game to battlefield.Always top 3 on the scoreboard.

3)customization is way better and easier to do.silencer on whatever gun, not just for certainn guns.

6)search and destroy is fast paced and exciting to play. you never know whats going to happen.

7)Doesn't try to do things it can't, such as try to be too realistic. its an arcade military shooter, fast paced and addictive.

ok so cod takes less skill, since your #7 point says try to be too realistc. um i like realism. i dont like fake and bs respawns and bs shooting. i like to think about tactics, i dont like to run and gun like a mindless zombie. ok thanks

Golden_Boy187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Golden_Boy187

Probably because COD requires no skill, and when they play BF it will be evident that they had none.

theuncharted34

O NO i own in both but still enjoy COD more i must be a god gamer

Golden_Boy187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Golden_Boy187

[QUOTE="Gotham-Calls"]

[QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

russiaAK47

ok so cod takes less skill, since your #7 point says try to be too realistc. um i like realism. i dont like fake and bs respawns and bs shooting. i like to think about tactics, i dont like to run and gun like a mindless zombie. ok thanks

BF in not real my friend in any way shape or form

Dark4ever01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dark4ever01
Member since 2004 • 321 Posts

I like both but prefer CoD. Battlefield feels "weird", the movement is kind of robotic and I hate the hit detection. It feels a bit like a gamble when you go 1 vs 1 with someone, in CoD it's easier to tell when you're going to down them.

Also, vehicles are overrated. I much prefer quick and fluid infantry combat over large scale battles. Not that I hate them.

Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

It's mainly the vehicles I don't like. There's no work other than running there first at the beginning of the game and even if you die you spawn off back at the start and wait for it to pop back again trying to beat out anyone else happening to be waiting for it too, leading you to get kills in the 200 range and above while every one else has under 80. There are no-vehicle servers but that's just dull. COD put in killstreaks and at least you have to work for them (except for W@W with the stupid tanks) while also adding the threat of having vehicles able to devestate a team. Also there's way more game modes (even with the added gamemodes in BC2 it's still far less than half of what COD offers). Litterally the only good points are the number of players and the sizes of the maps.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Getting both so instead of being a little whiner I get the best of both worlds.

After seeing COD's spec ops, I just had to buy the game

Gotham-Calls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gotham-Calls

battlefield is the same thing as call of duty. conquest is full of a bunch of spawn killer campers and such. not realistic, not even close. battlefield woul'dnt even be where it is now if it weren't for call of duty.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

I'm casual and like games that hold my hand. Plus I have a fetish for 15 dollar map packs.

I also don't like the thought of innovation, just keep feeding me the same game for 4 years.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Call of Duty and Battlefield are two different things. They're not really comparable, other than both being "modern military shooters".

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

Probably CoD is easier to get into and more addicting for casual gamers.

Orchid87

How so? They both do the same things..One just feels heavier then the other..BF feels slower..COD is a little faster..not a lot different otherwise...

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#29 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

I doubt any of the COD fanboys will switch to BF because they like to bash it and COD is the only game they play.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
Fun factor. Who REALLY cares what game is more realistic? Sure that's nice and all but it's all about the fun you have while playing the game. Call Of Duty is just a fun series(aside from the design flaws). More fun than Battlefield IMO. Battlefield fanboys are seriously the worst out of any game franchise out there. They try so hard to hype up every Battlefield game that comes out and always go on CoD forums talking so much crap when us CoD players just don't care. We play what we want to play. We know what Battlefield is. If we decide we want to buy it, we will. But stop trying to impress us CoD players all of the time about how realistic and "tactical" every Battlefield game that comes out is. We just don't care. We play the games we like because we like them... and there's nothing you Battlefield fanboys can do to change our mind from enjoying CoD so just stop please. Sure, I'll probably be buying Battlefield 3 when it comes out... but not because some BF fanboy on some forum(or Youtube... or anywhere, they're all over the place) convinced me to switch over from CoD. I can enjoy both franchises.
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VanDammFan

These forums remind me of everyday life...Everyone is worried what everyone else is doing instead of minding their own business. Always trying so hard to convince everyone else that THEIR ways are right and everyone elses is wrong..

COD or BF? honestly who cares?

Halo or KZ? really? Does it matter to you?

Christian or Atheist? not your business

xbox vs ps3 vs nin vs pc? They all play games and all have pretty much the same games...so what?

eh, people get on my nerves...bet I get a TOS for this...even though its just the truth..

Rayne718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rayne718
Member since 2011 • 184 Posts

theuncharted34
QFT! Exactly what Im saying. COD doesn't require skill. BF on the other hand....
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
As a fan of COD, I will be buying both...
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ilikemyname420
[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

Rayne718
QFT! Exactly what Im saying. COD doesn't require skill. BF on the other hand....

BF: pick engineer class, grab tank, stay well back from the action while keeping a good line of sight, shoot at anything that moves. When you run out of ammo move to ammo box, when damaged back up, jump out and start repairing....rinse and repeat. You could create a freaking flowchart off of that.
Golden_Boy187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Golden_Boy187

[QUOTE="Rayne718"][QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

Ilikemyname420

BF: pick engineer class, grab tank, stay well back from the action while keeping a good line of sight, shoot at anything that moves. When you run out of ammo move to ammo box, when damaged back up, jump out and start repairing....rinse and repeat. You could create a freaking flowchart off of that.

thankyou BF is not realistic in any way shape or form

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I'm more of a fan of COD, but i'm getting both. I will say though I find BF hard to get in to when the matches I'm in are always one sided. And having bad teammates not doing their jobs makes the game extremely frustrating. One of the reasons I do like BF is because its a completely change of pace and feels fresh than what I'm regularly used to with COD. Getting it for the 360 as some of my friends are actually considering buying it this time.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

russiaAK47

No, you're right. It is superior in every way.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
Battlefield is to complicated for them.
Gotham-Calls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gotham-Calls

[QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

Phazevariance

no your'e wrong its inferior in everyway.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#40 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"]

[QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

Gotham-Calls

Definitely not graphics and sound...and teamplay.

Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ilikemyname420

[QUOTE="Gotham-Calls"]

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"] No, you're right. It is superior in every way.

mitu123

Half your team waiting around a vehicle spawn is not teamplay. And frankly the classic Battlefield game mode takes about as much teamwork as domination in COD (which isn't a whole lot) and can't even touch gamemodes like Demolition, CTF or Sabotage etc. Graphics and sound it definitely has the edge though can't argue with that.
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
CoD takes almost no skill (faster reflexes arent skill in my book). CoD is easier and more accessible to casuals.
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VanDammFan

CoD takes almost no skill (faster reflexes arent skill in my book). CoD is easier and more accessible to casuals.tommyas

Tell that to martial artists..lol..no skill..so I guess that means someone whos never played it can boot it up and hang with the pros right? Thats like saying Tetris take no skill..or checkers..What makes BF take more skill...running around shooting, throwing grenades,dying,spawning? Oh thats in every game..lol..crazy.

ChupacabraIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ChupacabraIII
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Gotham-Calls"] no your'e wrong its inferior in everyway.

Ilikemyname420

Half your team waiting around a vehicle spawn is not teamplay. And frankly the classic Battlefield game mode takes about as much teamwork as domination in COD (which isn't a whole lot) and can't even touch gamemodes like Demolition, CTF or Sabotage etc. Graphics and sound it definitely has the edge though can't argue with that.

Don't forget better gunplay. I've played both games long enough to know that unless you party up with friends in any of the objective modes in Call of Duty, you are 90% gonna end up with a team full of lone wolfs who are looking for top KDRs. So, yes Battlefield does have better team-play as well as better graphics, sound, gunplay/gameplay
Dark4ever01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dark4ever01
Member since 2004 • 321 Posts

CoD takes almost no skill (faster reflexes arent skill in my book). CoD is easier and more accessible to casuals.tommyas

Having sharp reflexes are a sign of skill and improve your performance in everything.

I also have no idea why you guys talk of Battlefield as it's some really complex, chess-like game or something. You aim at dudes, pull the trigger, repeat. The end.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#46 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Gotham-Calls"] no your'e wrong its inferior in everyway.

Ilikemyname420

What about Titan and Rush?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="tommyas"]CoD takes almost no skill (faster reflexes arent skill in my book). CoD is easier and more accessible to casuals.Dark4ever01

Having sharp reflexes are a sign of skill and improve your performance in everything.

I also have no idea why you guys talk of Battlefield as it's some really complex, chess-like game or something. You aim at dudes, pull the trigger, repeat. The end.

CoD = let autoaim do the work, pull the trigger, very VERY imbalanced.

Battlefield = have to aim with no auto aim to help you, small hitboxes that aren't stupidly large to compensate for auto-aim or controllers, bullet spread, bullet travel, bullet weight, normalized weapons so no one has a big advantage.

Battlefield doesn't take much thought, but in comparison with the thought CoD? It might as well be a complex game of chess for CoD players. Have to focus on objectives and teamwork? NOOO I WANT TEH KILLSTREAKS!!!

Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ilikemyname420

[QUOTE="Ilikemyname420"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Definitely not graphics and sound...and teamplay.

ChupacabraIII

Don't forget better gunplay. I've played both games long enough to know that unless you party up with friends in any of the objective modes in Call of Duty, you are 90% gonna end up with a team full of lone wolfs who are looking for top KDRs. So, yes Battlefield does have better team-play as well as better graphics, sound, gunplay/gameplay

No way is a team in a game mode like CTF or sabotage just going to go for kills, the game would end in less than 2 minutes. And comparing that to battlefield: how many times do you see someone grab a tank and literally do nothing but sit back and go for kills for the entire game? or the guy that grabs the jet then doesn't do a damn thing to help his team out? And don't even get me started on recon classes.... You get lone wolves and KDR/score whores in both games, but there's no way BF has more teamwork than COD unless you are just comparing it to TDM.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
Teamwork is needed in Battlefield. Good luck with that on consoles.
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 VanDammFan

Teamwork is needed in Battlefield. Good luck with that on consoles.Merex760

good grief..lol..good luck with that on any platform dude..