COD fans, what keeps you from switching to Battlefield?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
One has kids screaming on the mic, mindless running n gunning, little to no teamwork whatsoever . One has teamwork and skill
Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

Fun. Games are about fun. Play whatever games you have FUN with, not whichever games some random snooty internet nerds tell you to play.

Cheesehead9099
If that's the only reason gamers are gamers, we wouldn't have a system wars board.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]One has kids screaming on the mic, mindless running n gunning, little to no teamwork whatsoever . One has teamwork and skill

i agree.. cod 1 has far more teamwork and skill than battlefield
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#204 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Different tastes? The only arguable ones there are graphics and gameplay. Realism? Maybe some people don't like realism. I play both though :PKaze_no_Mirai

This ^^

I play both too but I think overall I enjoy Battlefield more as I like the vehicles and destructive enviorenments ect... I really enjoy setting in a bush with a sniper rifle and just taking guys out and using mortars to kill a bunch of guys held up in a building.

But I like how COD has (particularly BO) has a wide variety of gameplay modes like CTF, zombies, free for all ect... Oh and I think BO has a better campaign than Battlefield. But overall I enjoy Battlefield more for competitive MP

EggHeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 EggHeadMan
Member since 2011 • 723 Posts

BF doesnt hold your hand like Cod, thats why the 12 year old cod players wont switch

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#206 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"]

Fun. Games are about fun. Play whatever games you have FUN with, not whichever games some random snooty internet nerds tell you to play.

ChrisSpartan117

If that's the only reason gamers are gamers, we wouldn't have a system wars board.

Gamers play games for fun, fanboys arn't real gamers. Fanboys are just people with self esteem issues taht think massive corporations care about them on a personal level and try to justify their insecurities on their system purchase by bashing the other one.

If people played both systems there would'nt be any fanboys. But alas do to the socio-economic situation of things people are stuck with just one. I find it pretty funny how someone can be an adult and be a fanboy, that is just SAD!

Having a prefrence doesn't make you a fanboy (I prefer the PS3 but I don't hate 360, it's just a matter of taste). But bashing another system so you can try and convince yourself that your prefrence is "better" than some one elses is what makes you a fanboy. Fanboys are insecure of their system and are jealous of what the other one has, deep down they wish they had the other one but they don't want to admit it.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#207 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

One has kids screaming on the mic, mindless running n gunning, little to no teamwork whatsoever . One has teamwork and skillLastRambo341

I have been gaming online since 99...I have yet to play a game where people actually play as a team. Like you would in real life...NEVER...What I think some of you "team work" people mistake as team work is..."you are in a gun battle with someone"..."your team member comes around corner and shoots the guy that was shooting you"...You both are still alive...HIGHT FIVE!!!...You go on your merry way thinking "WOW, that was some great teamwork"...BUT instead the guy that helped out was just shooting the guy to get the kill..IT just so happened he saved YOU..THAT is what happens 9/10 times

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

To many people here have never played or seen BF 1942, Vietnam, BF2, or 2142 and somehow claim Bad Company is remotely simmilar to their playstyles and content

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#209 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

To many people here have never played or seen BF 1942, Vietnam, BF2, or 2142 and somehow claim Bad Company is remotely simmilar to their playstyles and content

wis3boi

I find that hilarious with the amount of hours I put into those games.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

Cheesehead9099
If only there was a "like" or "+1" button nearby.
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#211 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
It's a lot more slower-paced than Call of Duty. But I play both, because I'm not a fanboy.
Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#212 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

I just don't like the way BF plays. The controls are really heavy and annoying in my opinion, and they graphics always have this weird grainy filter that looks horrible. That, and they STILL haven't managed to do a decent campaign after all these years.

Avatar image for DangerousLiquid
DangerousLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 DangerousLiquid
Member since 2011 • 452 Posts

Cheesehead9099

This. 100 % true.

Fanboys claiming people prefer CoD due to it being more simple, or because of killstreaks, are simply insecure trolls.

They prefer CoD because they like having fun.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"]

DangerousLiquid

This. 100 % true.

Fanboys claiming people prefer CoD due to it being more simple, or because of killstreaks, are simply insecure trolls.

but at the same time its partially true.Its easy to get good scores in CoD to be brutally honest with the right class and mentality, it becomes dull and mundane quickly.

DangerousLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 DangerousLiquid

[QUOTE="DangerousLiquid"]

[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"]

razgriz_101

This. 100 % true.

but at the same time its partially true.Its easy to get good scores in CoD to be brutally honest with the right class and mentality, it becomes dull and mundane quickly.

Nobody would play CoD if it were boring, even if it was easy obtaining kills etc. CoD is simply fun, and BF isn't. That's why COD sells, and BF falls behind. Easy as that. Activision knows that the gamers want, and DICE just want them to like the game, they don't care for gamers.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

This. 100 % true.

DangerousLiquid

Nobody would play CoD if it were boring, even if it was easy obtaining kills etc. CoD is simply fun, and BF isn't. That's why COD sells, and BF falls behind. Easy as that. Activision knows that the gamers want, and DICE just want them to like the game, they don't care for gamers.

Activision knows what the lowest common denominator wants you mean. Dice wants to appeal to people with a more refined taste in gaming. Like any ladder in life.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

DangerousLiquid

Whilst I agree that nobody would play if it were boring, BF is still fun, objectively. I understand if you don't find it to be, but BC2 is still heavily populated online (I own both the 360 and PC versions). Furthermore, BC2 has sold remarkably well across all platforms, but obviously nowhere near CoD.

DangerousLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 DangerousLiquid

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

Birdy09

Activision knows what the lowest common denominator wants you mean. Dice wants to appeal to people with a more refined taste in gaming. Like any ladder in life.

Nah, Dice knows nothing. They're simply amatuers. I'd be glad if they started doing other types of games, and leave FPS to IW and Treyarch, IMO.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

So let me guess. You only played Bad Company 2 right?

Jebus213
That was DICE(the main Battlefield developer)'s most recent BATTLEFIELD game, wasn't it? Why wouldn't he judge by BC2? It's called BATTLEFIELD Bad Company 2 for a reason. Why do you Battlefield fanboys insist on trying to imply that BFBC2 wasn't a Battlefield game whenever other people point out it's flaws? :|
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="DangerousLiquid"]

DangerousLiquid

Nah, Dice knows nothing. They're simply amatuers. I'd be glad if they started doing other types of games, and leave FPS to IW and Treyarch, IMO.

Case and Point.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

This. 100 % true.

DangerousLiquid

people primarily like CoD's difficulty for 2 major reasons

they feel competative, and it massages their ego's and they can stupidly try and e-peen measure.

lexika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 lexika
Member since 2009 • 873 Posts
Overall, I've gotten sick of Call of Duty. I enjoyed Black Ops for the most part until I played multiplayer. It wasn't enjoyable, every 10 seconds I was getting shot. I loved BC2 because I can outsmart all the people that think running and gunning is the best way to play the game. I also love the sound through my turtle beach and the destructable environments. :)
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

They are pretty much the same thing people...one is just a little faster playing..made for moving,and aiming faster. One is a little more slowed down. I would almost compare BF to KZ with the pace..and heavier gun play..jmo

DangerousLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 DangerousLiquid

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

they feel competative, and it massages their ego's and they can stupidly try and e-peen measure.

The majority of people (~25 million) play COD because it's fun.

Then there are some (~5 million) who play it for competetive reasons and or other causes.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

DangerousLiquid

Then there are some (~5 million) who play it for competetive reasons and or other causes.

Most of the fun comes from how abhorently easy it is to do well, it instils a false sense of being good.

I tip my hat to someone on GH who can play expert + drums (which is basically playing a double bass setup kit abliet more simplistic).

You can argue the fun card as fun can be a very weak term, also theres only ever around 500k people on (live) at peak times now shows 1.considerable drop off if were going by your numbers and 2. your basing off pure sales.Really doubt all of that "25 million" bought it for its riveting single player which serves as a glorified tutorial for the game itself in many ways.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#226 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]One has kids screaming on the mic, mindless running n gunning, little to no teamwork whatsoever . One has teamwork and skillVanDammFan

I have been gaming online since 99...I have yet to play a game where people actually play as a team. Like you would in real life...NEVER...What I think some of you "team work" people mistake as team work is..."you are in a gun battle with someone"..."your team member comes around corner and shoots the guy that was shooting you"...You both are still alive...HIGHT FIVE!!!...You go on your merry way thinking "WOW, that was some great teamwork"...BUT instead the guy that helped out was just shooting the guy to get the kill..IT just so happened he saved YOU..THAT is what happens 9/10 times

Killzone 2 had some good team work, or at least it seemed one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

One has kids screaming on the mic, mindless running n gunning, little to no teamwork whatsoever . One has teamwork and skillLastRambo341

I agree, Battlefield has nothing on CoD.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#228 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

DangerousLiquid

its fun because its easy to get kills, anyone can rock at cod so its very likely that a person who is not very good with videogames will love cod, because he sucks in every videogame but when he plays cod he has high chances of being the MVP of a match. also, how do you feel after being crushed in the previous thread? when you said COD4 was not based on BF2 MP and you got utterly corrected? does fanboyism hurts too much?
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 lightleggy

DangerousLiquid

even though modern day cods pretty much based on BF2?
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 lightleggy
[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

Messiahbolical-
That was DICE(the main Battlefield developer)'s most recent BATTLEFIELD game, wasn't it? Why wouldn't he judge by BC2? It's called BATTLEFIELD Bad Company 2 for a reason. Why do you Battlefield fanboys insist on trying to imply that BFBC2 wasn't a Battlefield game whenever other people point out it's flaws? :|

i do consider it to be part of the saga, but some people dont like it as much as the previous one because they think BC2 was consolized. BC2 is still my favorite to the date.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#231 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

I play both.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

Messiahbolical-

It's consolized trash and I'm not a fanboy.

So let me ask again. Have you ever played any other battlefeild other then BC2?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

Messiahbolical-

The bad company series is a spinoff off the main Battlefield series on the PC.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="Jebus213"]

Jebus213

Since when did consolised trash = boring or not good? BC2 is tons better than BF2.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Birdy09
[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] That was DICE(the main Battlefield developer)'s most recent BATTLEFIELD game, wasn't it? Why wouldn't he judge by BC2? It's called BATTLEFIELD Bad Company 2 for a reason. Why do you Battlefield fanboys insist on trying to imply that BFBC2 wasn't a Battlefield game whenever other people point out it's flaws? :|Ravensmash

Since when did consolised trash = boring or not good? BC2 is tons better than BF2.

Its conquest mode is not nearly as good, you can argue the rest, but thats just a generation a part deal.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] That was DICE(the main Battlefield developer)'s most recent BATTLEFIELD game, wasn't it? Why wouldn't he judge by BC2? It's called BATTLEFIELD Bad Company 2 for a reason. Why do you Battlefield fanboys insist on trying to imply that BFBC2 wasn't a Battlefield game whenever other people point out it's flaws? :|Ravensmash

Then how is consolised trash good and not boring? BF2142>BF2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BC2

True PC game>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>consolised trash

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Ravensmash

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"][QUOTE="Jebus213"]

Birdy09

Its conquest mode is not nearly as good, you can argue the rest, but thats just a generation a part deal.

I've tried numerous times to get in to BF2 (played the demo loads, brought the full game etc.) but it doesn't have the sticking appeal for me that the Bad Company series has. Despite it not being as complex as it's PC counterpart, I'm under the belief that BC2 is a much better made game overall. It does lack the massive maps and more players, but that's countered by it's gameplay.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Ravensmash

Jebus213

Then how is consolised trash good and not boring? BF2142>BF2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BC2

I was using your argument of it being "consolised trash" and seemingly being unable to look past the fact it's console focused. But I think your last statement sums up why this argument is absolutely pointless.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"] Since when did consolised trash = boring or not good? BC2 is tons better than BF2.Ravensmash

I was using your argument of it being "consolised trash" and seemingly being unable to look past the fact it's console focused. But I think your last statement sums up why this argument is absolutely pointless.

If they can't make a true PC version/true they shouldn't even bother releasing it on PC.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Ravensmash

Jebus213

If they can't make a true PC version/true they shouldn't even bother releasing it on PC.

Tell that to all of the people playing it on PC alongside the console versions. Other gamers put you in the minority.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="Ravensmash"] Since when did consolised trash = boring or not good? BC2 is tons better than BF2.Ravensmash

I've tried numerous times to get in to BF2 (played the demo loads, brought the full game etc.) but it doesn't have the sticking appeal for me that the Bad Company series has. Despite it not being as complex as it's PC counterpart, I'm under the belief that BC2 is a much better made game overall. It does lack the massive maps and more players, but that's countered by it's gameplay.

BF2s problem was the gun play, which was lacking, but BC2 was consolized (or BC in general) due to being alot smaller scale. and dont pretend its for any reason other than limitations. I mean for gods sake on the PC version of BC2 you cant even strafe while running, its just foward, its pretty rubbish. BC2 is a great game.... but its a hybrid of BF and CoD designed for limited hardware. You will see BF3 even more refined again, but with the giant battles and jets and what not, or amazing levels where we fly off aircraft carriers.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 lightleggy

Jebus213

BC2 is consolized, but not THAT consolized...for example not consolized as crysis 2. still consolization doesnt even mean the game is bad...to say that BC2 sucks just because its consolized IS pure fanboyism. BC2 is a great game. and its even better on pc
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 lightleggy
[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] Its conquest mode is not nearly as good, you can argue the rest, but thats just a generation a part deal.Birdy09

BF2s problem was the gun play, which was lacking, but BC2 was consolized (or BC in general) due to being alot smaller scale. and dont pretend its for any reason other than limitations. I mean for gods sake on the PC version of BC2 you cant even strafe while running, its just foward, its pretty rubbish. BC2 is a great game.... but its a hybrid of BF and CoD designed for limited hardware. You will see BF3 even more refined again, but with the giant battles and jets and what not, or amazing levels where we fly off aircraft carriers.

well, you cant strafe while running at real life either :P
madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

I think they're both enjoyable but if I was ever held at gun point and forced to choose between the two :roll:, it would probably be Battlefield.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"] Since when did consolised trash = boring or not good? BC2 is tons better than BF2.lightleggy

BC2 is consolized, but not THAT consolized...for example not consolized as crysis 2. still consolization doesnt even mean the game is bad...to say that BC2 sucks just because its consolized IS pure fanboyism. BC2 is a great game. and its even better on pc

Any amount of consolisation is bad no matter what.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Jebus213"]

Jebus213

does not make the game bad, you are just acting like a fanboy.
jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#247 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

I play both but COD is faster paced and because of that somewhat more fun in shorter squirts. To top it off BF is more of a team game than COD where you can pretty much go it alone and only have allies as someone who you do not SHOOT more so than in BF where you rely on them to play there class correctly, cover, Mark, capture, and complete objectives. Yes this is present in COD but to be honest even in CTF, or Search and Destroy you still feel like a bit of a lone man.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] BC2 is consolized, but not THAT consolized...for example not consolized as crysis 2. still consolization doesnt even mean the game is bad...to say that BC2 sucks just because its consolized IS pure fanboyism. BC2 is a great game. and its even better on pclightleggy

does not make the game bad, you are just acting like a fanboy.

fanboy of what exactly?

DangerousLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 DangerousLiquid

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

Most of the fun comes from how abhorently easy it is to do well, it instils a false sense of being good.

I tip my hat to someone on GH who can play expert + drums (which is basically playing a double bass setup kit abliet more simplistic).

You can argue the fun card as fun can be a very weak term, also theres only ever around 500k people on (live) at peak times now shows 1.considerable drop off if were going by your numbers and 2. your basing off pure sales.Really doubt all of that "25 million" bought it for its riveting single player which serves as a glorified tutorial for the game itself in many ways.

AS STATED, even if it was easy obtaining kills, I doubt people would have played it if it wasn't so addictive and entertaining. Period. You mad your favourite game isn't as fun? Not our problem.

Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

This isn't going to end well.