''Call of Duty is not a game, it's a lifestyle'' - do you agree?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SHATT3R3D-GLASS
SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 SHATT3R3D-GLASS
Member since 2011 • 357 Posts

[QUOTE="SHATT3R3D-GLASS"]

Yeah, but I never played Battlefield 2. We were caught by CoD, however gave BC2 a chance (a very stupid choice, as I see it).

N30F3N1X

So because you've never played Battlefield 2 it's okay to speak of a different game just because they are from the same franchise?

Wow...just wow :?

Yeah, it's all the same. BC2 isn't drastically different from BF2. It's all the same, bro.

And many who have been playing the BF3 beta, has said it's too similar to BC2.

Ouch...

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Yeah, it's all the same. BC2 isn't drastically different from BF2. It's all the same, bro.

Ouch...

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Oh well it's clear you know nothing about Battlefield now. I mean seriously, you just admitted you never touched BF2, but then try to compare it to being similar to BC2.

Many more said it feels more like a new game, or comparable to BF2.

But it's still far better than being called a rehash 3-4 years in a row.

Ian_K2772

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#203 Ian_K2772
Member since 2010 • 812 Posts

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

Yeah, but I never played Battlefield 2. We were caught by CoD, however gave BC2 a chance (a very stupid choice, as I see it).

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

So because you've never played Battlefield 2 it's okay to speak of a different game just because they are from the same franchise?

Ouch...

...Yeah, he hasn't played BF2 lmao. BF2 is SO much better than BC2, and BC2 was great.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#204 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
COD is the mario of FPS. it is fun and easy for everyone to get into, and has enough depth for hardcore players. but when it comes down to it, COD isnt the best FPS out but mario is the best platformer.
IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

If you guys can't figure out Shattered/Shredded/ and many other new accounts schtick by now you may as well just give up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#206 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Yeah, so is CoD. Except the Battlefield games are actually FUN to play.
And how can you say Battlefield 2 is the same as BC2 if you haven't played BF2?

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#207 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
world of warcraft (until 2008) was a lifestyle, as was everquest 2. no other game will reach that status. ever.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#208 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
If it is then it's a terrible lifestyle.
Khoo1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#209 Khoo1992
Member since 2005 • 2472 Posts

The guy who said this should get a life...

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 SHATT3R3D-GLASS

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

Wow, that is just taking what makes CoD great and try to make BF look like a fun game.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#211 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

BF2 (2005, PC only):

BC2 (2010, all platforms):

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#212 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"]

[QUOTE="SHATT3R3D-GLASS"]Yeah, it's all the same. BC2 isn't drastically different from BF2. It's all the same, bro.SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Wow, that is just taking what makes CoD great and try to make BF look like a fun game.

everyone has diffrent ways of having fun.

everyone likes something diffrent your turn on might be their turn off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 AvatarMan96

[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"]

[QUOTE="SHATT3R3D-GLASS"]Yeah, it's all the same. BC2 isn't drastically different from BF2. It's all the same, bro.SHATT3R3D-GLASS

I'm pretty sure cheap, overpowered gameplay full of hackers and campers that rely on winning by using Killstreaks isn't great. It's not even fun anymore, in my eyes. The user that said that some people think things are fun and others don't is right.

hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 hensothor
Member since 2011 • 522 Posts
.... its and average easy games. Gaming is a lifestyle, just buying CoD isnt.PC360Wii
In that case... if the only game you buy and play is CoD. :P I agree though, it's not for most people. Any game can take over someone's life though.
SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 SHATT3R3D-GLASS

[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"]

razgriz_101

Explain how Battlefield can be fun.

What's so fun about slow, boring gameplay, unrealistic fire where it takes 2 - 4 sniper shots to down an enemy? What's the fun in running around for 10 minutes before spotting an enemy? I'd like a good explanation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 AvatarMan96

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

What's so fun about slow, boring gameplay, unrealistic fire where it takes 2 - 4 sniper shots to down an enemy? What's the fun in running around for 10 minutes before spotting an enemy? I'd like a good explanation.

Did you even read his message? My word!
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#217 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

If this was a topic about World of warcraft so yeah i could agree but CoD? lol nooo :lol:

IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 IPWNDU2

If you guys can't figure out Shattered/Shredded/ and many other new accounts schtick by now you may as well just give up.

IPWNDU2

Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

So you have started making up facts? Now that's interesting!

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 SHATT3R3D-GLASS

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

I just wanted an explanation to why BF is fun, since I have a hard time "seeing" it. Problem?

IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 IPWNDU2

[QUOTE="SHATT3R3D-GLASS"]Explain how Battlefield can be fun.

Am_Confucius

So you have started making up facts? Now that's interesting!

He loves making the same old things up. His reasoning has a certain COD style to it where it is just the same failed arguments over and over and over.

zombieseesmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 zombieseesmeat
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts

no

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 AvatarMan96

[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"][QUOTE="SHATT3R3D-GLASS"]

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

I just wanted an explanation to why BF is fun, since I have a hard time "seeing" it. Problem?

No, he specifically said that someone might find something fun and someone else may find the same thing boring. For example, let's say I think playing Monopoly is fun. You might think Monopoly is boring. Some people may find the supposed "slow, boring gameplay" of Battlefield fun. That doesn't mean YOU have to think it's fun. Now, going to the point where saying that is impossible to find it fun is just childish. And to answer your question, it's life. In the military, there aren't billions of enemies spawning all over the place. It takes time and patience to spot and bring down your target(s).
SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 SHATT3R3D-GLASS

[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"] Did you even read his message? My word!AvatarMan96

No, he specifically said that someone might find something fun and someone else may find the same thing boring. For example, let's say I think playing Monopoly is fun. You might think Monopoly is boring. Some people may find the supposed "slow, boring gameplay" of Battlefield fun. That doesn't mean YOU have to think it's fun. Now, going to the point where saying that is impossible to find it fun is just childish. And to answer your question, it's life. In the military, there aren't billions of enemies spawning all over the place. It takes time and patience to spot and bring down your target(s).

OK.

I still want an answer to my question. Maybe not from you, if you're not into BF, but from someone else who loves to bash COD.

What makes BF fun to play? Tell me, so I can explain it to my friends.

For instance, I will tell you what makes COD fun:

the fast gameplay, me and my friends are adrenaline guys.

Killstreaks.

Perks.

The awesome sound, different factions.

Quickscoping (FUN).

Search and destroy.

The smooth gameplay.

Now, your yurn.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 AvatarMan96

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

OK.

I still want an answer to my question. Maybe not from you, if you're not into BF, but from someone else who loves to bash COD.

Killstreaks.

Perks.

Quickscoping (FUN).

Search and destroy.

The smooth gameplay.

Now, your yurn.

I do like Battlefield. And you can tell your friends that Battlefield is fun because it's authentic. In real life, there's aren't stupid AI enemies running around and spawning in random areas. Plus, you can fly jets and control tanks in Battlefield, something that you can't do whenever you want in CoD. Also, Battlefield is more team based, so playing with your buds is more enjoyable.
SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 SHATT3R3D-GLASS

[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"] No, he specifically said that someone might find something fun and someone else may find the same thing boring. For example, let's say I think playing Monopoly is fun. You might think Monopoly is boring. Some people may find the supposed "slow, boring gameplay" of Battlefield fun. That doesn't mean YOU have to think it's fun. Now, going to the point where saying that is impossible to find it fun is just childish. And to answer your question, it's life. In the military, there aren't billions of enemies spawning all over the place. It takes time and patience to spot and bring down your target(s).AvatarMan96

OK.

Killstreaks.

Perks.

Quickscoping (FUN).

Search and destroy.

The smooth gameplay.

Now, your yurn.

I do like Battlefield. And you can tell your friends that Battlefield is fun because it's authentic. In real life, there's aren't stupid AI enemies running around and spawning in random areas. Plus, you can fly jets and control tanks in Battlefield, something that you can't do whenever you want in CoD. Also, Battlefield is more team based, so playing with your buds is more enjoyable.

You're comparing BF to real life? Have you tried sniping a guy in BF, then IRL? Big difference, bro.

Fly jets and control tanks... How is that fun when everything is slow?

More team based. Yeah, I'll give you that, but when the gameplay is as boring as it is in BF, team play means nothing, bro. A lot of games have team play, it's the gameplay that counts.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Ouch...

Hahaha..... Oh wow, that's funny. With this post your intent is very obvious now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 AvatarMan96

OK.

Killstreaks.

Perks.

Quickscoping (FUN).

Search and destroy.

The smooth gameplay.

Now, your yurn.

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

You're comparing BF to real life? Have you tried sniping a guy in BF, then IRL? Big difference, bro.

Fly jets and control tanks... How is that fun when everything is slow?

More team based. Yeah, I'll give you that, but when the gameplay is as boring as it is in BF, team play means nothing, bro. A lot of games have team play, it's the gameplay that counts.

I don't believe you've sniped someone in real life :roll: Have you seen the jet gameplay in the BF3 beta? That is far from slow. The tanks may be slow, but that's because they weigh a ton, so they are big and sluggish, but they get the job done. Nothing in CoD is realistic. You don't get to drop a nuke for killing 15 people. You don't dual wield your pistols. You can't run as fast as you do with all that equipment on your body. And by the way, I'm done with you. Get a life.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Jebus213

[QUOTE="shalashaska88"][QUOTE="AvatarMan96"] Grand Theft Auto IV, Red Dead Redemption, even Pokemon And by the way, I see you're back, DangerousLiquid ;)SHATT3R3D-GLASS

BATTLEFIELD 2. That game looks super dated but the MP is ways more fun than the recent CODs.

I hope you are joking?

The Battlefield franchise is one of the most boring games of all time.

I remember me and my friends going and playing BC2 for the first time (at the game's release) (PC).

Only one of us remotely liked the game.

The rest agreed that it was too slow, too boring, no feeling, horrible gameplay and campy.

We switched back to MW2 after (literally) 3-4 games of BC2.

Oh well... You do know BF is an objective based game right? The sole point of the game is to attack and defend points using tactics or most of the time playing by yourself you use common sense. Your K/D ratio doesn't mean **** It's about using relaxed teamwork, capturing objectives, and winning the game. It's not about running around finding somone to kill 99% of the time.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

OK.

Killstreaks.

Perks.

Quickscoping (FUN).

Search and destroy.

The smooth gameplay.

Now, your yurn.

The gameplay might not be as fast as COD but it's much more smoother and fluid.

The gunplay feels and sounds much more satisfying.

Maps are better designed, looks much cooler.

Vehicles help make the game feel like a true war game.

Personally, i dislike perks, but what i hate the most is the quick scopes/no scopes and no spread. This is what killed it for me in COD. IW ruined the snipers in COD.

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"] No, he specifically said that someone might find something fun and someone else may find the same thing boring. For example, let's say I think playing Monopoly is fun. You might think Monopoly is boring. Some people may find the supposed "slow, boring gameplay" of Battlefield fun. That doesn't mean YOU have to think it's fun. Now, going to the point where saying that is impossible to find it fun is just childish. And to answer your question, it's life. In the military, there aren't billions of enemies spawning all over the place. It takes time and patience to spot and bring down your target(s).el3m2tigre

OK.

Killstreaks.

Perks.

Quickscoping (FUN).

Search and destroy.

The smooth gameplay.

Now, your yurn.

Personally, i dislike perks, but what i hate the most is the quick scopes/no scopes and no spread. This is what killed it for me in COD. IW ruined the snipers in COD.

Break that down for me on how maps are designed better and how COD maps aren't designed better.

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 SHATT3R3D-GLASS

[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"] No, he specifically said that someone might find something fun and someone else may find the same thing boring. For example, let's say I think playing Monopoly is fun. You might think Monopoly is boring. Some people may find the supposed "slow, boring gameplay" of Battlefield fun. That doesn't mean YOU have to think it's fun. Now, going to the point where saying that is impossible to find it fun is just childish. And to answer your question, it's life. In the military, there aren't billions of enemies spawning all over the place. It takes time and patience to spot and bring down your target(s).el3m2tigre

OK.

Killstreaks.

Perks.

Quickscoping (FUN).

Search and destroy.

The smooth gameplay.

Now, your yurn.

The gameplay more fluid? Not really.

Maps are not better designed. Scrapyard on MW2 is more genuinely designed than any BF map.

Vehicles in MP take away the fun of the game. It should be infantry based.

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

OK.

Killstreaks.

Perks.

Quickscoping (FUN).

Search and destroy.

The smooth gameplay.

Now, your yurn.

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Maps are not better designed. Scrapyard on MW2 is more genuinely designed than any BF map.

The reason people like scrapyard is because it's small. It's like a blown up version of shipment. I hate a lot of the maps on MW2. One of the reason they upgraded the IW engine was to make bigger maps so they could fit in with the massive killstreaks but maps like Derail are way too big for 6v6 for "fluid gaemplay".

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

OK.

Killstreaks.

Perks.

Quickscoping (FUN).

Search and destroy.

The smooth gameplay.

Now, your yurn.

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

The gameplay is definitely more fluid and the Maps are definitely designed better. The maps in a COD game is basically a small amount of space with a bunch of random crap thrown all over the place. BF3 is set in a true battlefield, where vehicles are used, you know, like in real life.... but the best part is that it's still fun.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Jebus213

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

OK.

Killstreaks.

Perks.

Quickscoping (FUN).

Search and destroy.

The smooth gameplay.

Now, your yurn.

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Really now?: http://www.markh.com/success.swf

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#236 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
I'd say gears 3 is more fun than COD.
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

SHATT3R3D-GLASS

Why should it be infantry-based? The vehicles adds depth and variety, and who are you to decide how the game "should" be. Besides, the maps in Battlefield are more impressive, and most importantly more dynamic.