sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@mowgly1: So let me get this right. When you say "never", you mean that they sometimes used 4k without mentioning "dynamic" on the advertisements, and when you said "For 2 years now", you meant apart from the times that I pointed out, which were this year...and the the year before.

Just trying to understand what you were trying to say. You spoke about the announcement, which was 2 years...and a month ago. Because we know Sony hasn't stuck exclusively to the "Dynamic" claim for the last 2 years, are you claiming that they did for the 30 days after the announcement?

That would make sense.

Finally.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sealionact said:

@mowgly1: So let me get this right. When you say "never", you mean that they sometimes used 4k without mentioning "dynamic" on the advertisements, and when you said "For 2 years now", you meant apart from the times that I pointed out, which were this year...and the the year before.

Just trying to understand what you were trying to say. You spoke about the announcement, which was 2 years...and a month ago. Because we know Sony hasn't stuck exclusively to the "Dynamic" claim for the last 2 years, are you claiming that they did for the 30 days after the announcement?

That would make sense.

Finally.

Dude the first company to describe 4k as dynamic,checkerboard and 2160p was MS with the xbox one X.

That was established already.

Sony used the word dynamic and then used 4k only just as MS did.

MS even on its page clarified what 4k mean for them.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 sealionact

@tormentos: Actually, I'm not denying that. I'm debating with someone who claims that Sony has "Never" advertised the pro as a 4k console, and "For the last 2 years" has ONLY used "Dynamic 4k" when advertising.

Both companies have used terms and fuzzy terms for their consoles. When someone starts calling people fanboys because they pointed out that Sony also bend the truth, they end up looking like fanboys themselves.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@tormentos said:
@sealionact said:

That would make sense.

Finally.

Dude the first company to describe 4k as dynamic,checkerboard and 2160p was MS with the xbox one X.

That was established already.

Sony used the word dynamic and then used 4k only just as MS did.

MS even on its page clarified what 4k mean for them.

When did they first do this?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 tormentos

@Xabiss said:

I will go there. Why are you not getting on the fanboys ass. He is the one hyping that it is best on Pro with less then a FPS on average? I just called out his bullshit and then your fanboy ass jumps on my ass for proving his ass wrong. Also I don't give a **** what fanboys have said in the past. I never said any of that shit so be off with you please.

I tell you not to go there because you don't have to look as stupid as other people do.

I am sure he is making fun of lemmings,1 frame means nothing and is clear the xbox one X version is superior,just like the PS4 version was in some games even that it dropped a frame more than the xbox one version.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:
@Zero_epyon said:

By who though? Dynamic Resolution. Dynamic 4K. 4K is a resolution. So Dynamic 4K means Dynamic resolution. Anything else is a massive failing in reading comprehension.

The average gamer on the street knows what Dynamic 4k resolution is?

Not all games are dynamic 4k resolution, some are Native some are not dynamic.

Its a clever play on words to make the average gamer believe its a 4k console.

It doesn't say gaming in dynamic 4k resolution. It says Dynamic 4k Gaming. Dynamic definition in the dictionary doesn't even talk about resolution.

Look at it this way at least sony is saying dynamic,and not like MS did with the 360 first claiming all games would be 720p minimum with 4XAA,to deliver on launch sub 720p games.

Or like the xbox one were they claimed all games would be 1080p as output trying to pass upscaling as native.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Cows still killing themselves and praying no patch exists.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 tormentos

@kuu2 said:

Cows still killing themselves and praying no patch exists.

My god you can take the fact that the PS4 beat the X1X even by a frame.

Is pathetic so you are officially begging for a patch to fix the 1 frame advantage..Hahahaa

My god and you pretended for 4 years that you didn't care..lol

SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Hahaha... Looks like it's time for another sale... Get'em now before they're all gone....

TC get's an additional 20% off when mentioning Doc SP, and boy do we all know you need a few tubes of this magical cure. lolol :P

Quick question, where's that 4k and 60FPS from your picture? The game seems to run worse than the PS4P version and still doesn't run at 4k, weird.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

There's PS4 Pro videos on Youtube that are 2 years old that advertise it using words such as 'Dynamic' and saying resolution varies between software.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By scatteh316
@tdkmillsy said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I'd like that too. I want to know what ad this is and if there's any disclaimer before or after the selected shots.

I found and posted this ages ago, I remember the sky advert and dont recall any disclaimer.

There have been plenty times Sony or devs have claimed games and console is 4k without any disclaimers unless questioned.

Even on the adverts that claim Dynamic 4k does it actually state what it means. Dynamic 4k gaming could easily be taken as 4k games with energy and new ideas.

By who though? Dynamic Resolution. Dynamic 4K. 4K is a resolution. So Dynamic 4K means Dynamic resolution. Anything else is a massive failing in reading comprehension.

It doesn't say gaming in dynamic 4k resolution. It says Dynamic 4k Gaming. Dynamic definition in the dictionary doesn't even talk about resolution.

The disclaimer in the adverts clearly say 'resolution varies by software'

So what this thread has done has just completely blown away your bull shit 'Sony advertisements said it's 4k' argument....... And the 2 screens you do have were taken ages ago and you can even say for sure said adverts have a disclaimer or not.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 tdkmillsy

@scatteh316 said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I'd like that too. I want to know what ad this is and if there's any disclaimer before or after the selected shots.

I found and posted this ages ago, I remember the sky advert and dont recall any disclaimer.

There have been plenty times Sony or devs have claimed games and console is 4k without any disclaimers unless questioned.

Even on the adverts that claim Dynamic 4k does it actually state what it means. Dynamic 4k gaming could easily be taken as 4k games with energy and new ideas.

So what this thread has done has just completely blown away your bull shit 'Sony advertisements said it's 4k' argument....... And the 2 screens you do have were taken ages ago and you can even say for sure said adverts have a disclaimer or not.

So on the football picture where it says Dynamic 4k gaming, it follows it up with a disclaimer. Show me the video or the same applies and it is you talking sh1t.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By scatteh316
@tdkmillsy said:
@scatteh316 said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@Zero_epyon said:

So on the football picture where it says Dynamic 4k gaming, it follows it up with a disclaimer. Show me the video or the same applies and it is you talking sh1t.

No..no...no dear boy.....YOU posted the shot..... so you PROVE it doesn't say dynamic later on as it goes around the pitch.

YOU are the one who for ages now have used these 'advert's as a way to bash Sony and Pro.

YOU are the one who can't provide concrete evidence for YOUR claims other then, for all we know some cherry picked photo's.

I on the other hand HAVE provided evidence of the adverts saying a disclaimer, I can even link you to the video if you like?

It is YOU who can't even provide video evidence of these adverts you claim don't say dynamic.....

So no, YOU are the one who's been talking shit and you've been rekd by myself, a few others and yourself.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By tdkmillsy

@scatteh316 said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@scatteh316 said:
@tdkmillsy said:

No..no...no dear boy.....YOU posted the shot..... so you PROVE it doesn't say dynamic later on as it goes around the pitch.

YOU are the one who for ages now have used these 'advert's as a way to bash Sony and Pro.

YOU are the one who can't provide concrete evidence for YOUR claims other then, for all we know some cherry picked photo's.

I on the other hand HAVE provided evidence of the adverts saying a disclaimer, I can even link you to the video if you like?

It is YOU who can't even provide video evidence of these adverts you claim don't say dynamic.....

So no, YOU are the one who's been talking shit and you've been rekd by myself, a few others and yourself.

I post a picture claiming one thing (no dynamic) you ask for the video.

Someone else posts a picture claiming another thing (dynamic gaming) and I cant ask for the video.

Makes loads of sense that, I'm all for a debate and even to be wrong. But the rules you guys are applying have to apply to all pictures posted.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By scatteh316
@tdkmillsy said:
@scatteh316 said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@scatteh316 said:

Someone else posts a picture claiming another thing (dynamic gaming) and I cant ask for the video.

Makes loads of sense that, I'm all for a debate and even to be wrong. But the rules you guys are applying have to apply to all pictures posted.

I'm not that someone else am I?

So ask me for the video I used to make my screenshot....not the video someone else used for their screen shot.

How would I have the video that someone else has........

Just to remind you of what you said....

@tdkmillsy said:

Sony want you to think its 4k by the adverts.

I've provided evidence from a Pro advert that they clearly state in the disclaimer that resolution varies between software.

I can even show you an advert that been's on YouTube for 2 years that say's that.

You on the other hand can not provide a single fucking video to prove your claim other then a cherry picked shot (And you can't prove it's not cherry picked without the video)

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#116  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@sealionact said:

@tormentos: Actually, I'm not denying that. I'm debating with someone who claims that Sony has "Never" advertised the pro as a 4k console, and "For the last 2 years" has ONLY used "Dynamic 4k" when advertising.

Both companies have used terms and fuzzy terms for their consoles. When someone starts calling people fanboys because they pointed out that Sony also bend the truth, they end up looking like fanboys themselves.

And also i referred to someone who said that Sony only advertised Pro as a 4k gaming machine. Which isn't true. In the last 2 years, Sony NEVER claimed Pro as a 4k gaming machine. Which is true. On their own conference ( so, before launch ) they started to advertise Pro as a Dynamic 4k. Launch trailer also advertised Pro as a 4k dynamic gaming. Unlike MS WHO STARTED TO ADVERTISE Xbonex EVEN before launch as a TRUE 4K machine ( which ISN'T ).

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 tdkmillsy

@scatteh316 said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@scatteh316 said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@scatteh316 said:

So ask me for the video I used to make my screenshot....not the video someone else used for their screen shot.

@tdkmillsy said:

So you don't want 4k on the pro? Sony want you to think its 4k by the adverts. Yet it never hits any where near 4k.

I've provided evidence from a Pro advert that they clearly state in the disclaimer that resolution varies between software.

I can even show you an advert that been on YouTube for 2 years that say's that.

You on the other hand can not provide a single fucking video to prove you claim other then a cherry picked shot (And you can't prove it's not cherry picked without the video)

I cant produce a video I don't have and your not the only one involved in this forum thread. I said that football video and someone else cos I couldn't be arsed looking.

Congrats on producing a video to show they advertise as dynamic gaming. Doesn't mean they always did. Companies manipulate the facts all the time and that includes Sony.

Microsoft did it with true gaming, Sony done it omitting dynamic or not explaining it. Both companies allowed devs to claim 4k without explanation. Its not hard to grasp, on balance I'd say MS done it more this gen.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 scatteh316
@tdkmillsy said:
@scatteh316 said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@scatteh316 said:
@tdkmillsy said:

@tdkmillsy said:

So you don't want 4k on the pro? Sony want you to think its 4k by the adverts. Yet it never hits any where near 4k.

You on the other hand can not provide a single fucking video to prove you claim other then a cherry picked shot (And you can't prove it's not cherry picked without the video)

I cant produce a video I don't have and your not the only one involved in this forum thread. I said that football video and someone else cos I couldn't be arsed looking.

Congrats on producing a video to show they advertise as dynamic gaming. Doesn't mean they always did. Companies manipulate the facts all the time and that includes Sony.

Microsoft did it with true gaming, Sony done it omitting dynamic or not explaining it. Both companies allowed devs to claim 4k without explanation. Its not hard to grasp, on balance I'd say MS done it more this gen.

And you are defeated by yourself.... so in future don't go claiming and spouting shit about Sony's Pro adverts you can't back up.

That's that finally cleared up.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 tdkmillsy

@scatteh316 said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@scatteh316 said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@scatteh316 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

And you are defeated by yourself.... so in future don't go claiming and spouting shit about Sony's Pro adverts you can't back up.

Obviously not capable of decent conversation or see what is staring you in the face.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 sealionact

@mowgly1: You're living in Moo Moo Cow fantasy again.

Let's look at your claim; "i referred to someone who said that Sony only advertised Pro as a 4k gaming machine."

Now let's look at what he actually said; "Sony want you to think its 4k by the adverts."

Then this gem "In the last 2 years, Sony NEVER claimed Pro as a 4k gaming machine. " .....and yet I posted a screenshot from a CL game where the advert says "PS4 pro...4k gaming" which was barely two weeks old, never mind two years.

You've basically rekd yourself. Again.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@SchnabbleTab said:
@SecretPolice said:

Hahaha... Looks like it's time for another sale... Get'em now before they're all gone....

TC get's an additional 20% off when mentioning Doc SP, and boy do we all know you need a few tubes of this magical cure. lolol :P

Quick question, where's that 4k and 60FPS from your picture? The game seems to run worse than the PS4P version and still doesn't run at 4k, weird.

No problem, Doc SP is here to help. Quick answer.. FM7 4K 60 fps. You're welcome.

Now then, how many tubes of Doc SP's miracle salve for you? You've got a severe case so I'd recommend a bakers dozen just for good measure. lolol :P

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@scatteh316 said:

I want a video of the advert.... Not selected screens.

So would the average gamer know what MS' True 4K means? What does that imply? It implies Native 4K. and they put it on everything. But you know what? They too have a disclaimer. True 4K includes native, dynamic and checkerboard. MS uses True 4K as a clever play on words to make the average gamer believe its a 4k console.

We should sue both companies for false advertising. We'd be rich!

Seriously. Understanding English is key here. Dynamic 4K gaming. 4K is a resolution. If you don't know what 4K means, then that's on you. Like I said, 4K = resolution. Dynamic 4K = Dynamic Resolution. The term Dynamic 4K gaming = Dynamic resolution gaming. Stop trying to spin this while giving MS a pass. It's pretty hypocritical.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By tormentos

@sealionact said:

MS did it first and both have done it.

@tdkmillsy said:

When did they first do this?

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/396066138875912192?lang=en

Yeah MS did now quote sony saying all games will be 1080p on PS4.

Trying to pass upscale as native.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 scatteh316
@sealionact said:

Let's look at your claim; "i referred to someone who said that Sony only advertised Pro as a 4k gaming machine."

Now let's look at what he actually said; "Sony want you to think its 4k by the adverts."

Then this gem "In the last 2 years, Sony NEVER claimed Pro as a 4k gaming machine. " .....and yet I posted a screenshot from a CL game where the advert says "PS4 pro...4k gaming" which was barely two weeks old, never mind two years.

Can I see the video of that?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 sealionact

@scatteh316: Video of what? Him getting rekt?

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#126 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

MS was the one using constantly the terms True 4k and uncompromised 4k, not Sony. Sony has been much more honest this gen than MS.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By mowgly1

@sealionact said:

LOL. Rekt yourself.....Surely! So, i was right. You posted a basically new screenshot, yet i said in last two years, so, since Pro conference ( September ), Sony NEVER advertise Pro as 4k gaming machine. Well, there it is. What happened in last two weeks because i didn't watched Champions League...who cares.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Damn THE PRO launched a year earlier and $100 cheaper and still looks best.

Sony has the best engineers.

Thank you Sony

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa: It runs this game better, but the resolution and some settings are worse.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By tdkmillsy

@Zero_epyon said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@tdkmillsy said:

So would the average gamer know what MS' True 4K means? What does that imply? It implies Native 4K. and they put it on everything. But you know what? They too have a disclaimer. True 4K includes native, dynamic and checkerboard. MS uses True 4K as a clever play on words to make the average gamer believe its a 4k console.

Seriously. Understanding English is key here. Dynamic 4K gaming. 4K is a resolution. If you don't know what 4K means, then that's on you. Like I said, 4K = resolution. Dynamic 4K = Dynamic Resolution. The term Dynamic 4K gaming = Dynamic resolution gaming. Stop trying to spin this while giving MS a pass. It's pretty hypocritical.

I'm not giving MS a pass, true 4k shouldn't have been used and I haven't seen it used recently.

Its ok to use the term Dynamic 4k gaming for a game that doesn't hit 4k ever??

They both as bad as each other.

@tormentos we where talking about PS4 Pro/Xbox One X, my question was related to them.

but as you are implying Microsoft misleading, I'll just leave this with you

https://www.wired.com/2008/05/misleading-ps3/

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/03/19/playstation-3-refund-owners-settlement/

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 sealionact

@mowgly1: Mowgly, I have no idea where you come from, and I'm guessing English isn't your first language, but I can assure you that something that happened 2 weeks ago can also be described as something that happened in the last two years.

Also, saying "Who cares" when someone proves you wrong means you're not worth wasting energy on.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

I'm not giving MS a pass, true 4k shouldn't have been used and I haven't seen it used recently.

@tormentos we where talking about PS4 Pro/Xbox One X, my question was related to them.

We are talking about lying about native resolution which both companies did.

Again sony did advertise the machine as dynamic first MS was the one before the Pro even release claiming scorpio would be a 4k native 60FPS no compromise console.

Second the first link is not about resolutions at all,and have to do with the number of PS2 games working.

The second link is not even false advertising at all in 2006 when the console had other OS you could install it,the sue was because sony took out the feature.

And 3rd nice spin the examples i gave all are related resolution not to irrelevant things.

Loading Video...

June 2016. The Pro wasn't even freaking out,in fact sony didn't touch the Pro on that E3.

MS not only advertised the platform as 4k 60FPS WITHOUT COMPROMISES,they hyped allot of crap like ""fully uncompress pixels"" what the FU** is that?

""This are the highest quality pixels anyone has seen"".

""True 4k gaming""

The Pro wasn't even advertise until like a week or 2 before launch.

So who started with the whole TRUE 4k crap only to fail miserably yeah MS did.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Zero_epyon
@tdkmillsy said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@tdkmillsy said:

And yet I only see you complaining about this coming from Sony, when they're actually more honest sounding with their term and their disclaimers.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By mowgly1

@sealionact said:

@mowgly1: Mowgly, I have no idea where you come from, and I'm guessing English isn't your first language, but I can assure you that something that happened 2 weeks ago can also be described as something that happened in the last two years.

Also, saying "Who cares" when someone proves you wrong means you're not worth wasting energy on.

No, English isn't my native language. But anyway....

Sony never advertised Pro other than dynamic 4k since Pro conference in last two years. So, till September this year and i was right. What happened 2 weeks ago is 2 years and 1 month, LIKE YOU SAID. So, what happened since beginning of October this year, who cares.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

Back to the PS4 Pro vs X1X Blops 4 discussion, this video tells a different story than DF's:

Loading Video...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By tormentos

@nomadic8280 said:

Back to the PS4 Pro vs X1X Blops 4 discussion, this video tells a different story than DF's:

Loading Video...

People claiming 1 frame or less simply didn't see the video.

The driving section alone send the X version into the low 50's high 40's while the Pro is 60FPS most of the time and drop to 55 56 tops for very short time.

Extrapolating the difference by adding frames is a joke,average will never represent reality,because in some instances it would be good but on other drops way below 60,and the end result be affected by the amount of high frames,so while driving you will not get 58FPS it will drop well below that.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 nomadic8280

I see some optimization down the line fixing that. They just released an update claiming to fix “stuttering” issues, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 tdkmillsy

@sealionact said:

Either of you 2 see the advert for RDR2 on the PS4 Pro in the UK. Claiming it to be 4k, with the disclaimer saying output is 2160p (which correct me if I'm wrong is 4k).

I didn't lie about the video supporting the image I put, there is no point. I have this video but it will be pointless if RDR2 is 4k on PS4 Pro. Happy to wait till Friday but if its not 4k Sony is the latest to mislead its gamers.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Zero_epyon

@tdkmillsy said:
@sealionact said:

Either of you 2 see the advert for RDR2 on the PS4 Pro in the UK. Claiming it to be 4k, with the disclaimer saying output is 2160p (which correct me if I'm wrong is 4k).

I didn't lie about the video supporting the image I put, there is no point. I have this video but it will be pointless if RDR2 is 4k on PS4 Pro. Happy to wait till Friday but if its not 4k Sony is the latest to mislead its gamers.

You mean this one?

Loading Video...

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 tdkmillsy

@Zero_epyon said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@sealionact said:

You mean this one?

Loading Video...

No it ends with blue screen and something along the lines of play in 4k and at the bottom it says output is in 2160p. Which could be true but I'd heard it wasn't going to be 4k on PS4 Pro.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Zero_epyon
@tdkmillsy said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@sealionact said:

You mean this one?

Loading Video...

No it ends with blue screen and something along the lines of play in 4k and at the bottom it says output is in 2160p. Which could be true but I'd heard it wasn't going to be 4k on PS4 Pro.

4K output doesn't mean native 4K. Xbox One S has a 4K output. It's upscaled. And every time I see 4K output, either by MS or Sony, there's a disclaimer about it. This is an old tactic going back to the early PS3/X360 days where the output was 1080p but games were actually 720p. No one was sued.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 tdkmillsy

@Zero_epyon: this was the image and only caption. If it's not native 4k then it's misleading. Only I was saying was all companies do it. It verbally says play in 4k on ps4 pro. No dynamic and nothing about upscaled.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

The XB1X version has Slightly lower FPS at twice the resolution and you think the Pro version Performs better??

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Zero_epyon
@tdkmillsy said:

@Zero_epyon: this was the image and only caption. If it's not native 4k then it's misleading. Only I was saying was all companies do it. It verbally says play in 4k on ps4 pro. No dynamic and nothing about upscaled.

Not really as it clearly states the game outputs 2160p, a 4K image. I mean if you seriously think this is false advertising then file a lawsuit. If you're not, then give it a rest.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts
@EG101 said:

The XB1X version has Slightly lower FPS at twice the resolution and you think the Pro version Performs better??

That's what performance means.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 nomadic8280

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@EG101 said:

So, theoretically, another system running 720p at 60fps with 0 frame drops performs better?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@nomadic8280 said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@EG101 said:

So, theoretically, another system running 720p at 60fps with 0 frame drops performs better?

That is correct.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#148 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

I mean... I guess. Given the differential in performance, and the resolution upkeep... I think resolution takes the win here. That's not even taking into account "buh, buh, 30fps" and all that.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 tdkmillsy

@Zero_epyon: why would I file a lawsuit I understand they all do it.

That's like saying the original Xbox one is a 1080p machine or the games run at 1080p cos it outputs in 1080p.

My work here is done.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@EG101:

Umm, it does. The x1x version look better, but the pro runs it better. So yes, the pro performs better.