Bloodborne Will Be Less Punishing To Attract Wider Audience

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Krelian-co

LoL, explains what exactly ? I wana see just how misinformed you are.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

It sounds good if they mean there won't be situations where you have to run a really long way back to a tough boss. This game seems like something different anyway, but I trust, like their other games, it won't be easy. I guess some of you have read about the new gameplay mechanic where if you attack an enemy not long after you've been hit, you can get some health back, encouraging a more aggressive playing style in some situations, but there'll still be plenty of strategy.

It could work well and I'm glad they're doing something different, but would like another Souls game much later on.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

By "less punishing", they meant that you'll won't be as severely penalized for dying as you would in the Souls series. The combat will still be just as challenging as ever. Possibly even more so since there are NO shields this time.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#154  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@CyberLips said:

So they will make it easier enough to appeal to more people but not too easy because they don't want to disappoint the Souls fans. Seems reasonable.

your absolutely right, they also made Dark Souls 2 a bit easier than Demon Souls and Dark Souls. for me making it less punishing is a good idea, i know a lot of people giving up on the game because it's extremely hard. i nearly gave up on Demon Souls as well. :) i think it will be better if they put difficulty settings, Easy, Normal, Hard

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 ZombeGoast
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

@Blabadon:

The entire level was linear consisting enemies that shoot sorcery at a long range and tracking the player. The enemies also aggro you all at once even though you are far away and only shoot one of them. It really shows how bad the AI is programmed in this game since Dark Souls has it that if your close to group and attack it with a close range attack it could trigger a hoard. But using a long range attack will only aggro one of them.

I also like to add that the hordes of enemies are compiled of very weak hollows with a broken straight sword while Dark Souls 2 have enemies that are well armored with a shield using a great sword or great hammer.

I can rant on just how bad Dark Souls 2 is and this is just the tip of the iceberg

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ZombeGoast

Masochists love that stuff !

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

OMG sound like PR LOL this game is gonna kick ass everybody has to play!!!

oh and Lemmings, looks, you can try something new if you didn't likes the souls games!! LOL

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@alcapello said:

OMG sound like PR LOL this game is gonna kick ass everybody has to play!!!

oh and Lemmings, looks, you can try something new if you didn't likes the souls games!! LOL

jesus, man, this is your fanboy thing?

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#159 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

Well, as disappointing as this sounds, I'm willing to wait and see. They've earned that much from us at least. Stop worrying, guys. This is From Software, remember?

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I think they should let the person decide when starting the game. 1. Hard like Dark Souls. 2. Moderate easier than Dark Souls.