Bethesda: Too Late for Nintendo and Wii U Third Party Support

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]Because two third party exclusives is all a console needs.Fizzman

For a Nintendo platform, that is a good start. And Platinum could eventually become a Nintendo exclusive developer if Nintendo makes them an offer they can't refuse.

I am sure Nintendo is dying to buy a company that makes software that nobody buys.  

Platinum wants Nintendo to buy them so they can continue to make games that nobody buys.  

If Ninty advertises the living hell out of their products they could make some bank off Platinum and Platinum could continue to make great games.
dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#152 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Iwata & Reggie: Casuals, BUY our new WiiU!!

Casuals: Hmm, how much for the new tablet thing? 

Iwata & Reggie: It also comes with a NEW console, it has HD graphics and you can use Wii games on it! 

Casuals: WHAT?! A NEW console?!! Who do you THINK WE ARE? HARDCORE GAMERS?!!! :P

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Nintendo "We design the hardware around us" 3rd party "Nintendo should of designed the hardware around us" Is that the jist of the debate?MFDOOM1983
Considering 3rd party software makes up the majority of every console's library, I think Nintendo approach is backwards. But judging by the lack of any unique implementations of the gamepad in their games, I'm guessing wii-u was designed around Nintendoland and Nintendoland only. Or off-screen play. Because surely a map screen, inventory screen or a horn is not the best they can come up with...I hope.

Nintendo have yet to offer anything on the WiiU which appeals to me. So far its been games which have come from 3rd party like Monster Hunter Tri, W101 which have been few and far between or games which i can purchase elsewhere like Darksiders 2, CoD, Batman AC, AC3 . The best use of the screen i've seen is W101. Same happened on the Wii with me purchasing near enough all 3rd party games minus MoM, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade which is from 20 / 30 games. I'm glad i owned a 360 to compliment my Wii or whichever way you wanna see it but i usually purchase 2x Consoles each gen.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Lol bethesda. Their games are a POS glitchfest anyway.

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#155 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Nintendo gets what it deserves. Jipset
Agreed. Being cocky guarantees loneliness..
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Nintendo designs their console based on what they wish to do with first party games. I.E. what gimmick will sell systems this time around. Instead of integrating real elements that allow games to flourish Nintendo creates the smallest sand box possible that only they can play in. Screw everyone else.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#157 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

I don't think it's ever too late.

That said if you don't garner any relationships and always build things for one person in mind ie Nintendo then of course others may not like how it all works. Overexaggerating a bit but yeah...

TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts
Devs can force nintengodno into leaving the industry if noone develops games for their god awful excuse of a joke consoles
danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts
[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]Nintendo was gaming onthe nes/snes. foxhound_fox
Nintendo has been offering quality gaming experiences that still focus on gameplay since these days... and have always managed to pull something fresh out for every new iteration, even the much-over-played NSMB series. Just because a bunch of immature, nostalgia-driven, man-children can't find playing Mario Galaxy fun, doesn't mean they don't still make games people want to play, and many that new generations of children start gaming with.

Dude, I love Nintendo games. It's just that their hardware(post-SNES) is janky and they need 3rd party support on the level of Sony and Microsoft.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#160 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
[...] they need 3rd party support on the level of Sony and Microsoft. danten81
Why? Like, really, why? As long as they make a profit and people want to buy their products, why should they strive to appeal to the same market two of their competitors already have a stranglehold on?
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#161 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Sounds a lot like Early PS3 talk.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="dobzilian"]Nintendo "We design the hardware around us" 3rd party "Nintendo should of designed the hardware around us" Is that the jist of the debate?dobzilian

Considering 3rd party software makes up the majority of every console's library, I think Nintendo approach is backwards. But judging by the lack of any unique implementations of the gamepad in their games, I'm guessing wii-u was designed around Nintendoland and Nintendoland only. Or off-screen play. Because surely a map screen, inventory screen or a horn is not the best they can come up with...I hope.

Nintendo have yet to offer anything on the WiiU which appeals to me. So far its been games which have come from 3rd party like Monster Hunter Tri, W101 which have been few and far between or games which i can purchase elsewhere like Darksiders 2, CoD, Batman AC, AC3 . The best use of the screen i've seen is W101. Same happened on the Wii with me purchasing near enough all 3rd party games minus MoM, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade which is from 20 / 30 games. I'm glad i owned a 360 to compliment my Wii or whichever way you wanna see it but i usually purchase 2x Consoles each gen.

Hi dude, does your WiiU freeze when playing Darksiders 2? damn my console freeze up with a never ending sound "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" 1-3 times every day i play it. Only happened in Darksiders 2 and Black ops 2 so far tho, only solution is to pull out power cable to hardreset :?

I bet if Bethesda made a game for WiiU it could be worse, they are known to release buggy games...

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#163 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] Considering 3rd party software makes up the majority of every console's library, I think Nintendo approach is backwards. But judging by the lack of any unique implementations of the gamepad in their games, I'm guessing wii-u was designed around Nintendoland and Nintendoland only. Or off-screen play. Because surely a map screen, inventory screen or a horn is not the best they can come up with...I hope.aroxx_ab

Hi dude, does your WiiU freeze when playing Darksiders 2? damn my console freeze up with a never ending sound "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" 1-3 times every day i play it. Only happened in Darksiders 2 and Black ops 2 so far tho, only solution is to pull out power cable to hardreset :?

I bet if Bethesda made a game for WiiU it could be worse, they are known to release buggy games...

heh, that happened to me back in 2007 playing WiiSports on the Wii.

Just unplug and leave the system a bit and come back.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#164 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Unless they release Prey 2, then Bethesda won't have anything that interests me
tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] Considering 3rd party software makes up the majority of every console's library, I think Nintendo approach is backwards. But judging by the lack of any unique implementations of the gamepad in their games, I'm guessing wii-u was designed around Nintendoland and Nintendoland only. Or off-screen play. Because surely a map screen, inventory screen or a horn is not the best they can come up with...I hope.aroxx_ab

Wow, that's awful. I've read other accounts of peoples' Wii Us freezing.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

lmao bethesda games on consoles

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Your entire point revolves around popularity and it's relation to Nintendo's relevancy. Sales dictate how popular Nintendo's offerings are. They haven't released any of their big name first party exclusives on the U yet, and their past performance on the 3DS, DS and Wii have proven you quite wrong.

My point is trying to show you that you cannot judge the Wii U's "success/failure" until it gets some more games on it's plate and people start either buying them up (for the games they want and continually buy on other platforms) or giving up on it entirely. There are many posters in SW that have said in the past, including myself, that the platform needs more games to be worth buying, and they will buy it when they can get the games they want.

And really, you are being a cynical person if you think Nintendo's past successes don't in the slightest represent what could easily happen with the Wii U as well. You, and many others here, are ignoring the fact that the Wii U's launch has been almost exactly in line with the 3DS in terms of the complete scenario. Instead, you see low sales numbers (just like the 3DS had when it had no games people wanted) and start yelling "DOOOOOOM!" from the rooftops as if it makes you a good debater.

The evidence is all here and only those who choose to ignore it will be the ones getting laughed at in a few months time.foxhound_fox

I don't judge the success or failure of a console on sales numbers.  Never have, and none of my feelings or posts towards Nintendo have demonstrated as much.  Many of my points and others, which you continually dismiss with "nostalgia driven, basement dwelling, man children" (do you believe these statements make you a good debator or reinforces your points?) are very valid criticisms which you continually sidestep and instead proclaim past sales and nothing else.

Why and how do you compare the Wii U's potential success to either Nintendo's handhelds or the Wii?  Nintendo has always held a nigh monopoly on the portable market, this is no secret nor is it my issue, with their system benefiting from a plethora of strong 3rd party offerings.  Something Nintendo's consoles lack and have lacked for years, and I think it's you who need to look to the past to understand that the Wii U will suffer the same fate that their previous home offerings have.....an abandonment of that support, even after it establishes a decent userbase.  This is not even taking into consideration the two heavy hitters hitting the market this holiday season, and even with the Wii U's price cut it is going to have a difficult time convincing people......with what: seven year old hardware, an outdated online infrastructure, and an offering of franchises that many have long grown weary of?  

And c'mon.....the Wii?  That system exploded on the shoulders of novelty and broke the line between core and casual.....casuals that are currently in the App store spending .99 cents on Star Wars Angry Birds.  That audience is long gone, and guess what?  Nintendo has crawled back and been left hanging over a demographic that has felt largely abandoned and betrayed by Nintendo's direction with the Wii. Casuals don't give a shit about the Wii U (I doubt many even know it exists), and a large majority of the core is resentful, or at the very least, indifferent.

You claim 200-300 members don't represent the majority, perhaps then you should visit other sites than GS.  Anti-Nintendo sentiments are rife everywhere on numerous gaming sites.  If you'd like, I'll provide links to oppose your "majority". The Wii was a success dependant on a fleeting consumer that is long since absent and on a novel gimmick whose promise went largely unfulfilled.  Are you honestly going to try to compare that success with the Wii?  Do you really think a price cut and the release of Nintendo's predictable stable of IPs can compensate and compete?  To even suggest that the U will reach any level of success comparable to the Wii or the 3DS is asinine wishful thinking, and you know it.  At this rate, it will be lucky to hit GCN numbers.

All you can do is look to the past in support of your position.  Look to the present, Nintendo's in a much different place than they have ever been in the past.  The Wii was a freak success that holds drastic differences from the U's, and the 3DS is a different market.  You shouldn't need to be told this, it's as plain as day.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

[QUOTE="danten81"][...] they need 3rd party support on the level of Sony and Microsoft. foxhound_fox
Why? Like, really, why? As long as they make a profit and people want to buy their products, why should they strive to appeal to the same market two of their competitors already have a stranglehold on?

Maybe because there's more money to be had?

"Man children" have grown up.  There's an entire market to be had.  They could strive to appeal to that market while satiating their own, and to do otherwise is simply bad business.  

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

does N even care about that?

i thought they wanted shytty 3rd party so they clean up selling assloads of mario, zelda, donkey kong and friends.

if you have no choice what are you going to buy?

it's a-me!

the only-a choice-a you got-a!

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Why do people insist to compare 3DS and WiiU situations? :? Those are very different due a lot of variables.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]

tubbyc

Wow, that's awful. I've read other accounts of peoples' Wii Us freezing.

Yeah it is scary, would be terrible if getting corrupt save files and losing over 20hrs gameplay...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#172 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

[QUOTE="Jipset"]Nintendo gets what it deserves. curono
Agreed. Being cocky guarantees loneliness..

You sure? Because that doesn't stop Sony and MS. ;)

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 dobzilian

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]

I've had it happen several times on DS2 and also pretty much every single game i've played upon the WiiU. Like you said all you can do is unplug it. How far you into DS2 now? May try and finish it tonight as i'm quite close to the end i think, Just brought other games and left if on the way side.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

[QUOTE="danten81"][...] they need 3rd party support on the level of Sony and Microsoft. foxhound_fox

Why you ask because when buying a game console you NEED as many games as possible. As for not being in the same market the wii u is priced in the same market. The ps3 currently has a bundle for a 250gb ps3 with uncharted 3 and 1year of psn+ for 249.99 and the ps4 is 399.99 with 10 free games at launch. Both of these consoles are IMO a much better value based on features, game library, online gaming and price.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

You're asking a forum full of gamers, why they want more games on a console?!?! Sheep are happy with shit support as long as Nintendo makes money? 3rd party support is the reason why 360 and ps3 will still be viable options for many gamers years after their successors release. Meanwhile, Wii has gotten a few notable games since 2011. But, hey, at least Nintendo is making that coin. All that money, but no games. 

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]

dobzilian

I've had it happen several times on DS2 and also pretty much every single game i've played upon the WiiU. Like you said all you can do is unplug it. How far you into DS2 now? May try and finish it tonight as i'm quite close to the end i think, Just brought other games and left if on the way side.

I am at the very end i think, i just got that item that make me go back in time :P

It never happend yet but it would be very frustrating if i got corrupt save file because it freeze...

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

You are going to hear a lot of sheep say that Bethesda sucks, anyway. But, the fact is, their games are highly regarded, and sell a ton. It's a big blow to the Big N that Bethesda isn't going to support the console.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 dobzilian

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

aroxx_ab

I am at the very end i think, i just got that item that make me go back in time :P

It never happend yet but it would be very frustrating if i got corrupt save file because it freeze...

I'm on the same Temple lol. Right time to plug DS2 in then...
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 no-scope-AK47

You are going to hear a lot of sheep say that Bethesda sucks, anyway. But, the fact is, their games are highly regarded, and sell a ton. It's a big blow to the Big N that Bethesda isn't going to support the console.

StormyJoe

If it was just Bethesda then fine but the sheer volume of 3rd parties steering clear of the wii u means nintendo is doing something very wrong besides the hardware IMO. This statement is a polite way of saying devs don't belive they can make money on the wii u.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="dobzilian"] I've had it happen several times on DS2 and also pretty much every single game i've played upon the WiiU. Like you said all you can do is unplug it. How far you into DS2 now? May try and finish it tonight as i'm quite close to the end i think, Just brought other games and left if on the way side.

dobzilian

Hehe cool, be aware of these new monters there they doing HUGE dmg, or my gear is bad lol. My goal is complete the game before GTA V release, i dont care to do 100% tho, no achievements in WiiU version anyway.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

As much as I want the WiiU to at least thrive, I don't blame Bethesda or any 3rd party development studios who adamantly feel the same way. 

Nintendo is really to blame. 

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 nintendoboy16

StormyJoe

How is it a big blow when Bethesda NEVER really supported them (outside of a few shovelware titles) to begin with? It was a big blow when Square dropped them in the N64 era due to their stuff being popular on NES and SNES.

Bethesda barely had d*** on Nintendo systems.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 dobzilian

[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

aroxx_ab

Hehe cool, be aware of these new monters there they doing HUGE dmg, or my gear is bad lol. My goal is complete the game before GTA V release, i dont care to do 100% tho, no achievements in WiiU version anyway.

I'm pimped on out. I send my Ghouls out and my Murder of Crows to do the damage and just sit back.
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 no-scope-AK47

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

nintendoboy16

How is it a big blow when Bethesda NEVER really supported them (outside of a few shovelware titles) to begin with? It was a big blow when Square dropped them in the N64 era due to their stuff being popular on NES and SNES.

Where there is smoke there is usually fire and all the 3rd parties saying we won't support the wii u means nintendo is not marketing the console properly to devs and gamers. The numbers don't lie correct me if I am wrong but this is the worst console lauch in nintendo's history.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

nintendoboy16

Because Elder Scroll and Fall Out games are huge. If Bethesda supported the Wii U, more people would buy it. When a big 3rd party studio makes a statement to the media that they are absolutely not supporting a platform, other studios who were on the fence may follow suit due to development costs.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

StormyJoe

Because Elder Scroll and Fall Out games are huge. If Bethesda supported the Wii U, more people would buy it. When a big 3rd party studio makes a statement to the media that they are absolutely not supporting a platform, other studios who were on the fence may follow suit due to development costs.

Yep pretty much, Like brush fire.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

StormyJoe

Does it matter that Elder Scrolls and Fallout are huge? Not really unless if they had popularity on Nintendo systems (like Square and Final Fantasy), which again, they DON'T, never did, and never will no matter how many times Bethesda states what they "want".

And did you really say Bethesda support would warrant more Nintendo consoles sales? :lol:

TES and FO would sell horribly on Nintendo systems while shining on XBOX/PS/PC hardware due to their audiences already being adapted there. I never thought I'd bring this up as much as I hate statements like this, but on Nintendo consoles, they'd get their asses handed to them by a Blue Hedgehog.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="dobzilian"] I'm on the same Temple lol. Right time to plug DS2 in then...dobzilian

I'm pimped on out. I send my Ghouls out and my Murder of Crows to do the damage and just sit back.

Hehe i have my points in the other skill-tree:P

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 dobzilian

[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]Hehe cool, be aware of these new monters there they doing HUGE dmg, or my gear is bad lol. My goal is complete the game before GTA V release, i dont care to do 100% tho, no achievements in WiiU version anyway.aroxx_ab

Ohhh... I just pimped out those things as im crap at combat lol. Just figured on out the puzzles.

Just on the Samael battle.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 dobzilian

aroxx_ab

Boom... Finished.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="dobzilian"] I'm pimped on out. I send my Ghouls out and my Murder of Crows to do the damage and just sit back. dobzilian

Boom... Finished.

Oh dang that was fast... i mean grats lol, i gotta sit down later 2night when i'm done watching tv:P

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 dobzilian

aroxx_ab

Boom... Finished.

Oh dang that was fast... i mean grats lol, i gotta sit down later 2night when i'm done watching tv:P

That is what the women say to me lol. Thanks, Only problem is that leaves only W101 to play now or finish the DLC on DS2. Hmmm... Choice of what to do the weekend. Buy Pikmin 3 or hook up with some lass.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="dobzilian"] Boom... Finished.dobzilian

That is what the women say to me lol. Thanks, Only problem is that leaves only W101 to play now or finish the DLC on DS2. Hmmm... Choice of what to do the weekend. Buy Pikmin 3 or hook up with some lass.

Gaaaah i sat down and played 30minutes...guess what...."beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" freezed up again, this getting VERY frustrating. Would never know Nintendo could make a console with this much trouble, this worse than my 360 i had. Seriously start think about trade this shit in, so sad GameStop will rip me off and now with the price-cut i will get even less:/

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#194 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
kind of silly by Bethesda really. It's not like input from third party devs would have convinced Nintendo to put the kind of power in their system that the ps4 and x1 have. Might as well admit that it's just about system power, not the approach to third parties
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 dobzilian

aroxx_ab

Gaaaah i sat down and played 30minutes...guess what...."beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" freezed up again, this getting VERY frustrating. Would never know Nintendo could make a console with this much trouble, this worse than my 360 i had. Seriously start think about trade this shit in, so sad GameStop will rip me off and now with the price-cut i will get even less:/

It is Nintendo worst constructed console ever. Mine froze up when i finished DS2 and it asked to save a new file and would you like to start from the beginning.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="dobzilian"] That is what the women say to me lol. Thanks, Only problem is that leaves only W101 to play now or finish the DLC on DS2. Hmmm... Choice of what to do the weekend. Buy Pikmin 3 or hook up with some lass. dobzilian

It is Nintendo worst constructed console ever. Mine froze up when i finished DS2 and it asked to save a new file and would you like to start from the beginning.

Was it only me or was it a disappointing last boss/ending?

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 dobzilian

aroxx_ab

Was it only me or was it a disappointing last boss/ending?

I killed him in on the first attempt. Yeah it was as it leaves open for a sequel which will never happen.
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#198 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

The following comes from Bethesda's Pete Hines...

The time for convincing publishers and developers to support Wii U has long past. The box is out. You have to do what Sony and Microsoft have been doing with us for a long time and it's not that every time we met with them we got all the answers we wanted. But they involved us very early on, and talking to folks like Bethesda and Gearbox, they say here's what were doing, here's what were planning, here's how we think it's going to work to hear what we thought from our tech guys and from an experience standpoint.

You have to spend an unbelievable amount of time upfront doing that. If you're just going sort off deciding were going to make a box and this is how it works and you should make games for it. Well, no. No is my answer, I'm going to focus on other ones that better support what it is we're trying to do. So you've gotta spend more time trying to reach out to those folks before you even make the box, when you're still designing and thinking about how its going to work.Trail_Mix

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=211328

Whatcha you guys think?

Its wonderful news!!!

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#199 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

It's a fair complaint. Devs want more dev friendly consoles. That's something that Microsoft clued in on last gen and Sony finally did this gen. Nintendo designs with their first party titles in mind, which is great for those games, but I can see how it turns off third party developers.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#200 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Nintendo is too funny.

NES: You must pay us fees and we control what comes out. We have monopoly over you and you hate us.

SNES: ^^^Same + NO BLOOD OR GORE in mortal kombat!

N64: Overpriced games on expensive cartriges because discs are too easy to pirate! 3rd parties all vanished at this point because of nintendo's idocy and bossy behaviour.

Cube: Smaller discs(again to fight piracy), less space annoyed developers. Kiddy imagine going full force now. Nintendo still against listening to 3rd parties.

Wii: Motion controls end up sucking and turns 3rd parties away because it's annoying to create those games and even harder to profit from them.

Wii U: Pfft, Still don't care about 3rd parties, but I guess we will talk to Ubisoft and EA. They like to make a quick buck with ports at launches every gen anyway. But screw everyone else especially western developers. We don't want that evil grand theft auto, that sad fallout game or anything that is not kid friendly!

"Oh and LOL at us. The Playstation can play CD's since 1994 and we STILL can't almost 20 years later!"

Nintendo should forget about trying to catch up with online and all the other fun stuff when they still wont' let us play CD's or even DVD's. I honestly don't get it.Â