Bethesda: Too Late for Nintendo and Wii U Third Party Support

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Nintendo turned into a huge joke when the original Wii launched. They got lucky and the casuals ate their garbage motion controls and Nintendo didn't need third party developers for the type of consumer the Wii attracted. Unfortunately for Nintendo, they either didn't realize how unrelaible casual gamers are, or they honestly were arrogant enough to believe casual gamers who bought the Wii would go out and buy the Wii U.

Now you have an overpriced and underpowered system with no third party support and it is completely Nintendo's fault

Live by the casual. Die by the casual.

I hope diehard Nintendo fanboys realize that the Dreamcast has outsold the Wii U when comparing their respective time on the market. Wii U isn't coming back It's already locked into third place. Casuals abandoned Nintendo the moment they bought the original Wii It's just how that consumer base operates. It's a very unreliable base and you have to create a bigger gimmick every time you want them to buy your hardware. It's an unsustainable business model. Nintendo's hubris must have gotten the best of them with the Wii.

Nintendo does not care what third party develoeprs want. From a hardware perspective, the Wii U is a huge joke. Online infrastruture is still years behind XBL and PSN and third party developers want machines with decent hardware and an online infrastructure that doesn't look like it was developed in 2005.

Wii U = Gamecube 2.0 but even less third party support and it's going to be competing against the PS3/360 AND the PS4/Xbox One.

Goodnight my sweet prince.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
Shame on you for comparing the GC to this POS.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103 navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 17451 Posts

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

I agree. Nintendo is too short sighted.

GD1551

What game is that in your sig?

The new wolfenstein, promoting it a bit since it's going unnoticed by most. Looks pretty awesome.

Yea, it looks great, i have to find out more about it, so thanks! :P
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Fizzman

Shame on you for comparing the GC to this POS. MFDOOM1983

Just from a sales standpoint. The Gamecube was the last great Nintendo console for actual gamers.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Even though I don't care about Bethesda, he does have a pretty good point though. As a developer, I'd like to know about the product I'm going to be be putting my projects on beforehand, not last minute.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#106 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
Sad.....but true.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Nintendo management needs a complete overhaul though I highly doubt we'll be seeing it any time soon.foxhound_fox
So long as they keep making money, I'm not sure why anyone would want the management to change. Oh, that's right, cynical ex-Nintendo "fans" who don't actually care about Nintendo the company, just the IP they hold.

Because, maybe, difficult as it may be to comprehend, making money is not the end all be all for someone who plays games, not tracks the price of shares as a baramoter of success? 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Because, maybe, difficult as it may be to comprehend, making money is not the end all be all for someone who plays games, not tracks the price of shares as a baramoter of success? MirkoS77
They seem to be making a lot of games that people want to buy. How many people bought Mario Kart DS? Like 25 million? You are a part of a very tiny minority with a nostalgia complex making it impossible for you to recognize fresh and enjoyable experiences when they slap you in the face.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
Nintendo gets what it deserves. Jipset
Spot on, nintendo completely missed the bus! But don't worry, their 1st party will save them...from complete irrelevancy.
Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#110 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Not missing muchMonsieurX
Says you and a number of people here on sw.. real world numbers speak for themselves.. they are missing out on a LOT.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Nintendo management needs a complete overhaul though I highly doubt we'll be seeing it any time soon.foxhound_fox
So long as they keep making money, I'm not sure why anyone would want the management to change. Oh, that's right, cynical ex-Nintendo "fans" who don't actually care about Nintendo the company, just the IP they hold.

God forbid someone expects more than the bare minimum from nintendo.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 foxhound_fox
God forbid someone expects more than the bare minimum from nintendo. Capitan_Kid
Because Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 totally aren't games that Nintendo went out of their way to get exclusively on their console.
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

Has Bethesda ever shown even the slightest interest in making a game for a Nintendo platform?  This just seems out of nowhere.

Overall I think they're correct in what they're saying, I just have no idea why they're the ones saying it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#114 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Honestly, I stand by what I said. There would be legitimacy in his statements, had it not been for a fact that this comes from a developer who never even had intentions of developing on Nintendo hardware (since SNES) in the first place. In fact, looking at Bethesda's history, their only NIntendo games have been dubbed some of the WORST games on their platform. They developed Home Alone for the NES as well as publish a shovelware racing title in Europe for Wii.

I don't have anything against Bethesda, in fact, I have reason to believe they are fans due to the easter eggs in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. But they have no room to talk about development on Nintendo hardware.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Because, maybe, difficult as it may be to comprehend, making money is not the end all be all for someone who plays games, not tracks the price of shares as a baramoter of success? foxhound_fox
They seem to be making a lot of games that people want to buy. How many people bought Mario Kart DS? Like 25 million? You are a part of a very tiny minority with a nostalgia complex making it impossible for you to recognize fresh and enjoyable experiences when they slap you in the face.

Look around, I think it's you that is in the minority here.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Because, maybe, difficult as it may be to comprehend, making money is not the end all be all for someone who plays games, not tracks the price of shares as a baramoter of success? MirkoS77

Look around, I think it's you that is in the minority here.

Its SW, being pro-Nintendo on any subject will put you in the minority.

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

GD1551
MoneySha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MoneySha
Member since 2013 • 209 Posts

The following comes from Bethesda's Pete Hines...

The time for convincing publishers and developers to support Wii U has long past. The box is out. You have to do what Sony and Microsoft have been doing with us for a long time and it's not that every time we met with them we got all the answers we wanted. But they involved us very early on, and talking to folks like Bethesda and Gearbox, they say here's what were doing, here's what were planning, here's how we think it's going to work to hear what we thought from our tech guys and from an experience standpoint.

You have to spend an unbelievable amount of time upfront doing that. If you're just going sort off deciding were going to make a box and this is how it works and you should make games for it. Well, no. No is my answer, I'm going to focus on other ones that better support what it is we're trying to do. So you've gotta spend more time trying to reach out to those folks before you even make the box, when you're still designing and thinking about how its going to work.Trail_Mix

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=211328

Whatcha you guys think?

Short version... "Bethesda" Nintendo's WiiU is, meh!
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 foxhound_fox
Look around, I think it's you that is in the minority here.MirkoS77
On a single internet board, among probably 200-300 active members? Yeah, sure, I'm in the minority. But a bunch of cynical basement dwellers who let nostalgia cloud their minds don't represent the majority of the game-buying public. Whom really enjoy buying Nintendo products, if the DS, Wii and 3DS sales numbers are to be trusted at all.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Look around, I think it's you that is in the minority here.foxhound_fox
On a single internet board, among probably 200-300 active members? Yeah, sure, I'm in the minority. But a bunch of cynical basement dwellers who let nostalgia cloud their minds don't represent the majority of the game-buying public. Whom really enjoy buying Nintendo products, if the DS, Wii and 3DS sales numbers are to be trusted at all.

Tessellation is that you?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#121 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

He simply said that work on these games starts way before the console is released.
Duh.
It takes like 5 years to make a game, so of course the devs need to know ahead what they are dealing with.
And I'm not surprised that Nintendo didn't discuss with them what hardware they should use, because why would Bethesda know better what hardware Nintendo could need?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 MirkoS77
[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Look around, I think it's you that is in the minority here.foxhound_fox

Sales numbers, is this the best you can manage aside from your continual personal insinuations, which you always end up resorting to in every debate you partake in? Get new material, this is always your same old tired act again and again. As you're so keen on sales, mind citing Wii U numbers while you're at it? I can't disagree with you actually, 160k worldwide sales over three months DON'T represent the majority. :lol: But I hear TW 101 sold 5k in Japan.....good to know. :lol:
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
Nintendo "We design the hardware around us" 3rd party "Nintendo should of designed the hardware around us" Is that the jist of the debate?
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#124 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Nintendo "We design the hardware around us" 3rd party "Nintendo should of designed the hardware around us"

Is that the jist of the debate?dobzilian

Part of it.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Nintendo "We design the hardware around us" 3rd party "Nintendo should of designed the hardware around us"

Is that the jist of the debate?nintendoboy16

Part of it.

Thought as much. I read the original post but after reading every post afterwards it went way off topic with the 'suxors' comments i forgot what the original debate was about. Ah well off to BJJ i go.
HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

Not missing muchMonsieurX

pffft 3rd party games on the 360/PS3 gen were easily as good as ANYONES 1st part games. Yeah the Wii Us missing out bigtime.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

lordreaven

New wolfenstein.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 HalcyonScarlet

Nintendo "We design the hardware around us" 3rd party "Nintendo should of designed the hardware around us" Is that the jist of the debate?dobzilian

Yeah, but here's the problem. Nintendo don't make extensive use of ai and physics, so when they limit the console around their needs it makes it difficult for 3rd party devs.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

Makes sense. Like Mark Cerny said, they asked developers what they would like way, way before deciding what the PS4 will be like. Getting feedback from many great developers with so much experience could help come up with a more suitable new console, powerful and not too hard to work with, to make developers happy with it.

From the sounds of it, Microsoft took the same approach. It's not just: this is what we want to do and we don't really care what you think. We know best and that's that. Now, go on and find ways to make the most of our wonderful new touchscreen controller.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts
Every time this thread comes up Nintendo fans bitterly make out they've never enjoyed whatever the developer/ publisher put out and are "glad" they are giving Nintendo a wide berth. Well I'm sure Nintendo would appreciate Bethesdas support and I'm sure Nintendo fans would be singing a different tune were Bethesda on wii u. Like when Bethesda announced a game on wii and they were all excited Bethesda were bringing one of their heavy hitters, then they released a crappy racer and everyone did a 180 degree turn again. The list of developers not having anything to do with wii u is huge. Can't all be rubbish.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Nintendo "We design the hardware around us" 3rd party "Nintendo should of designed the hardware around us" Is that the jist of the debate?HalcyonScarlet

Yeah, but here's the problem. Nintendo don't make extensive use of ai and physics, so when they limit the console around their needs it makes it difficult for 3rd party devs.

I don't see the problem :P
Screw them. Let's say the Wii U would have been a dream to program for. To design for. They weren't going to do that anyway. You're not going to limit yourself to one new platform. Nope. They would release it on all platforms or all platforms except Nintendo's. It wouldn't make much of a difference because which version do you think gamers would buy? A Wii U version that wasn't their lead platform? Nope. For the gamers that would have done nothing. For Nintendo that would have only complicated things and given them more bad rep and more costs to put in things that they don't need. So screw them.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 HalcyonScarlet

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Nintendo "We design the hardware around us" 3rd party "Nintendo should of designed the hardware around us" Is that the jist of the debate?KungfuKitten

Screw them. Let's say the Wii U would have been a dream to program for. To design for. They weren't going to do that anyway. You're not going to limit yourself to one new platform. Nope. They would release it on all platforms or all platforms except Nintendo's. It wouldn't make much of a difference because which version do you think gamers would buy? A Wii U version that wasn't their lead platform? Nope. For the gamers that would have done nothing. For Nintendo that would have only complicated things and given them more bad rep and more costs to put in things that they don't need. So screw them.

say wat now :?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

HalcyonScarlet

I said screw them. Like, they don't matter to Nintendo anymore. It's over. How could they? They're not delivering exclusive content, they're not going to put their number 1 teams on it. All they'll do is complain. That's all they're good for. The only reason to please third party was to get royalty fees and a big install base. Right now, except for some big exceptions that Nintendo pretty much paid for anyway, that is not happening. Even if they'd match in power and services, developers would not favour Nintendo's platforms. Third parties lack platform specialisation. MS and Sony could pay tons of money under the table to secure stability, focus, exclusivity. Due to this way of doing business, third parties have essentially lost one platform to sell their games on. What I'm saying is that they made themselves very unappealing to Nintendo.
It's not Nintendo being crazy or weird to third parties. (You're not saying that, but that is the media's general understanding of Nintendo.) Even though third party games are excellent, it makes very little sense to listen to them. Nintendo is just following the money. And that makes sense to me.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Every time this thread comes up Nintendo fans bitterly make out they've never enjoyed whatever the developer/ publisher put out and are "glad" they are giving Nintendo a wide berth. Well I'm sure Nintendo would appreciate Bethesdas support and I'm sure Nintendo fans would be singing a different tune were Bethesda on wii u. Like when Bethesda announced a game on wii and they were all excited Bethesda were bringing one of their heavy hitters, then they released a crappy racer and everyone did a 180 degree turn again. The list of developers not having anything to do with wii u is huge. Can't all be rubbish.DocSanchez

Of course they would, just like the PG. The love the third party games but then say "who buys a nintendo console for third party support", it's embarrassing really.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#135 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I like what Sony and MS for the next gen. They came to devs years ago and said what do you want. They gave devs the hardware and the tools and the online stucture and even the copy protection. They layed out the whole game plan for devs so that they would be comfortable making games before their platform even came to market.

Nintendo they make hardware for their 1st party and then they say any 3rd parties want to get down with this. It is like 3rd parties are an after thought. Nintendo tells the gamers what they don't need. Never is nintendo saying how can we add value to our platform like sony and ms.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Don't see how this differs. Nintendo has never had their support on any platform and has done fine.

I think it's too late for Elder Scrolls Online. No way anybody is paying an online fee in this day and age. (I'm certainly not)

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 MFDOOM1983
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]God forbid someone expects more than the bare minimum from nintendo. foxhound_fox
Because Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 totally aren't games that Nintendo went out of their way to get exclusively on their console.

The problem is the likelihood of seeing any more non-Nintendo games published by them on wii-u is close to zero. 2 out three of their attempts at this game have been commercial flops(w101 and lego city)and bayonetta will fall victim to being on a console whose fanbase is only interested in mario games, too.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 MFDOOM1983
[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Nintendo "We design the hardware around us" 3rd party "Nintendo should of designed the hardware around us" Is that the jist of the debate?

Considering 3rd party software makes up the majority of every console's library, I think Nintendo approach is backwards. But judging by the lack of any unique implementations of the gamepad in their games, I'm guessing wii-u was designed around Nintendoland and Nintendoland only. Or off-screen play. Because surely a map screen, inventory screen or a horn is not the best they can come up with...I hope.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

He simply said that work on these games starts way before the console is released.
Duh.
It takes like 5 years to make a game, so of course the devs need to know ahead what they are dealing with.
And I'm not surprised that Nintendo didn't discuss with them what hardware they should use, because why would Bethesda know better what hardware Nintendo could need?

KungfuKitten

I just noticed that was essentially what he said. Suppose I should read the actual quote next time. :(

But, yea...people just twist words.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Don't see how this differs. Nintendo has never had their support on any platform and has done fine.

I think it's too late for Elder Scrolls Online. No way anybody is paying an online fee in this day and age. (I'm certainly not)

Puckhog04
They've been on a downward trajectory for generations now and only casuals saved them for one gen. They've not been fine and they won't be fine because they are stuck in 1995.
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 no-scope-AK47

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

DocSanchez

They've been on a downward trajectory for generations now and only casuals saved them for one gen. They've not been fine and they won't be fine because they are stuck in 1995.

THIS ^^^^^ :lol:

Nintendo was gaming onthe nes/snes. Then they lost major market share with the n64 and the insane game prices. Then they lost even more with the game cube. Then with the wii they said  screw hardware we are going with a gimmick and merketing. Nintendo got luck with the motion and wii sports. Now nintendo again has weak hardware with a gimmick but the price is more than current gen consoles and the casuals moved on. It was only a matter of time before the market went to where the games are and nintendo fans grew up and moved on.

The market has changed and nintendo has not.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 HalcyonScarlet

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] I don't see the problem :P

KungfuKitten

I said screw them. Like, they don't matter to Nintendo anymore. It's over. How could they? They're not delivering exclusive content, they're not going to put their number 1 teams on it. All they'll do is complain. That's all they're good for. The only reason to please third party was to get royalty fees and a big install base. Right now, except for some big exceptions that Nintendo pretty much paid for anyway, that is not happening. Even if they'd match in power and services, developers would not favour Nintendo's platforms. Third parties lack platform specialisation. MS and Sony could pay tons of money under the table to secure stability, focus, exclusivity. Due to this way of doing business, third parties have essentially lost one platform to sell their games on. What I'm saying is that they made themselves very unappealing to Nintendo.
It's not Nintendo being crazy or weird to third parties. (You're not saying that, but that is the media's general understanding of Nintendo.) Even though third party games are excellent, it makes very little sense to listen to them. Nintendo is just following the money. And that makes sense to me.

But it's all about that user base.

The benefits to 3rd parties are there, they get an extra piece of the market for sales.

The benefits to Nintendo are they get access to fans of 3rd party games and they get to introduce them to their own games.

The common phrase here in system wars is 'you buy a Nintendo platform for Nintendo games'. But that only goes so far. Take me for example, I want to go for a platform which has a big access to multiplats or 3rd party games, I like exclusives, but they're the icing on the cake and I don't buy many platforms. Not because I can't I just don't have time.

I don't want to buy a system for any one companies exclusives. It's just not enough.

The Wii U needed a more capable CPU imo, which is what I was referring to in my original post (that you quoted). They need a capable online infrastructure, which I admit is very difficult. It is MSs forte, it took Sony a gen to catch up and Nintendo seem to be crawling it's way up there. And finally they do need those multiplats.

If Nintendo's Wii U had access to all the 360s multiplats, then i'd consider them, because i'd get the 3rd parties and Nintendo's 1st parties.

If Nintendo say 'eff em', they're essentially saying that to gamers like me.

And if Nintendo asked developers from the start what they would like, it may have affected some key decisions on the console or in the process which would have benefited Nintendo in the area.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#143 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

It's definitely true. I won't deny that. At least for western developers. I do feel like Nintendo still has a chance with Japanese developers given that they've been making deals with Sega, Atlus, and Platinum already as well as support from Capcom in the form of Monster Hunter

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 foxhound_fox
Sales numbers, is this the best you can manage aside from your continual personal insinuations, which you always end up resorting to in every debate you partake in? Get new material, this is always your same old tired act again and again. As you're so keen on sales, mind citing Wii U numbers while you're at it? I can't disagree with you actually, 160k worldwide sales over three months DON'T represent the majority. :lol: But I hear TW 101 sold 5k in Japan.....good to know. :lol:MirkoS77
Your entire point revolves around popularity and it's relation to Nintendo's relevancy. Sales dictate how popular Nintendo's offerings are. They haven't released any of their big name first party exclusives on the U yet, and their past performance on the 3DS, DS and Wii have proven you quite wrong. My point is trying to show you that you cannot judge the Wii U's "success/failure" until it gets some more games on it's plate and people start either buying them up (for the games they want and continually buy on other platforms) or giving up on it entirely. There are many posters in SW that have said in the past, including myself, that the platform needs more games to be worth buying, and they will buy it when they can get the games they want. And really, you are being a cynical person if you think Nintendo's past successes don't in the slightest represent what could easily happen with the Wii U as well. You, and many others here, are ignoring the fact that the Wii U's launch has been almost exactly in line with the 3DS in terms of the complete scenario. Instead, you see low sales numbers (just like the 3DS had when it had no games people wanted) and start yelling "DOOOOOOM!" from the rooftops as if it makes you a good debater. The evidence is all here and only those who choose to ignore it will be the ones getting laughed at in a few months time.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]God forbid someone expects more than the bare minimum from nintendo. foxhound_fox

Because two third party exclusives is all a console needs.
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 no-scope-AK47

It's definitely true. I won't deny that. At least for western developers. I do feel like Nintendo still has a chance with Japanese developers given that they've been making deals with Sega, Atlus, and Platinum already as well as support from Capcom in the form of Monster Hunter

Pikminmaniac

Back in the day Japan used to run shit but that was a long time ago. Nintendo is like the dutch boy putting his finger in the dam at this point.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 foxhound_fox
Nintendo was gaming onthe nes/snes. no-scope-AK47
Nintendo has been offering quality gaming experiences that still focus on gameplay since these days... and have always managed to pull something fresh out for every new iteration, even the much-over-played NSMB series. Just because a bunch of immature, nostalgia-driven, man-children can't find playing Mario Galaxy fun, doesn't mean they don't still make games people want to play, and many that new generations of children start gaming with.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 foxhound_fox
Because two third party exclusives is all a console needs.Capitan_Kid
For a Nintendo platform, that is a good start. And Platinum could eventually become a Nintendo exclusive developer if Nintendo makes them an offer they can't refuse.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Fizzman

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]Because two third party exclusives is all a console needs.foxhound_fox
For a Nintendo platform, that is a good start. And Platinum could eventually become a Nintendo exclusive developer if Nintendo makes them an offer they can't refuse.

I am sure Nintendo is dying to buy a company that makes software that nobody buys.  

Platinum wants Nintendo to buy them so they can continue to make games that nobody buys.  

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 no-scope-AK47

[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]Nintendo was gaming onthe nes/snes. foxhound_fox
Nintendo has been offering quality gaming experiences that still focus on gameplay since these days... and have always managed to pull something fresh out for every new iteration, even the much-over-played NSMB series. Just because a bunch of immature, nostalgia-driven, man-children can't find playing Mario Galaxy fun, doesn't mean they don't still make games people want to play, and many that new generations of children start gaming with.

Sure they have as have sony and ms but they aslo have better hardware and 3rd party support and online gaming and multi media support ect ect. In other words nintendo platforms are a poor value vs other consoles on the market.