Bethesda: Too Late for Nintendo and Wii U Third Party Support

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

*shrugs* Not everyone cares about Bethesda games to begin with. The last one I enjoyed was Oblivion.foxhound_fox
God you are pathetic, why cant you just admit nintendo sucks now? At this point I feel all the remaining sheep are just trolls, even they hate nintendo now, but have been defending them here so long they just keep on no matter what.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]Nintendo been cutting corners they have no blu-ray,no dts/dd hd, crappy online gaming, no hard drive ect. Now if they stepped they game up and got thrid party support with features even if they had a weak console I would bag one. Instead we got one tablet pad and not much of anything else.foxhound_fox
>Wii U uses a proprietary Blu-ray disk system specially designed for the console >Wii U is capable of supporting any USB flash device of any size, unlike MS consoles >third parties haven't like Nintendo for no good reason for a couple generations now, there is not much anyone can do to change that >the console is HD-capable (a first for Nintendo) and offers both traditional control inputs (something everyone complained about the Wii lacking) and the motion controls It's like people don't even want to activate their brains when it comes to Nintendo anymore. They just don't give a sh!t... and honestly, I don't think Nintendo cares either.

The wii u uses a blu-ray disc drive but nintendo did NOT want to pay for a dvd/bluray license. They say movies are not needed in a gaming console even when every other console has movie disc playback for less money. The usb thing is standard on the ps3 I have a 3tb drive hooked up to my ps3 not sure about the 360 as I have dumped mine. Also 3rd parties don't support nintendo because nintendo does not make 3rd party games a priority. Nintendo makes consoles to sell it's games and if you want to try to play by their rules and make some money then so be it. Nintendo also has a crappy online gaming platform and no storage so even dlc is a problem for third parties. If you want to download games and dlc you MUST BUY a hard drive with your own money. Also the tablet is a gimmick you can't even buy a extra one in stores and devs have to spend extra time to custom make use of it after trying to fit next gen games on the wii u with a small installed base.

You did make a valid point that nintendo needs to care more. They only care now because the wii u is not doing the numbers and the platform is about to be crushed between the ps3/360 and ps4/x1. Now nintendo is scrambling to move units by dropping the wii u price but gamers are already pre-ordering the real next gen consoles.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
God you are pathetic, why cant you just admit nintendo sucks now? At this point I fell all the remaining sheep are just trolls, even they hate nintendo now, but have been defending them here so long they just keep on no matter what. Advid-Gamer
They suck because you say so? Okay. :|
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]That's what they say, but once you know the kind of games, it could not be more clear that they've always had a more broader approach than that.

huggy_bear01

I think it's pretty clear that they wanted to reach out to core gamers. The move back to a more traditional controller, spending so much time on games like arkham city at their E3 12 conference, but it was all bullshit. They seemed to have given most third party developers the middle finger, which is the opposite of what core gamers want....more games. And are desparately trying to get the casual wii crowd back, while pandering to the existing Nintendo diehards that will support them no matter what.  But they're even doing a poor job at that. 

Wii U will have better third party support this holiday season than XB1 and PS4... what you're saying doesn't make a lot of sense.

Lol no
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

Because putting out software, when the console manufacturer isn't marketing their newly launched console is smart... New ip like Zombi-u isn't even close to becoming profitable, multiplayer launch game communities are so barren that keeping up servers cost is prohibitive, etc. But you think Nintendo gave them a window of opportunity to shine. Yes, release games for a console people don't even know exist. This foxhound guy :lol:

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 foxhound_fox
The wii u uses a blu-ray disc drive but nintendo did NOT want to pay for a dvd/bluray license. They say movies are not needed in a gaming console even when every other console has movie disc playback for less money. The usb thing is standard on the ps3 I have a 3tb drive hooked up to my ps3 not sure about the 360 as I have dumped mine. Also 3rd parties don't support nintendo because nintendo does not make 3rd party games a priority. Nintendo makes consoles to sell it's games and if you want to try to play by their rules and make some money then so be it. Nintendo also has a crappy online gaming platform and no storage so even dlc is a problem for third parties. If you want to download games and dlc you MUST BUY a hard drive with your own money. Also the tablet is a gimmick you can't even buy a extra one in stores and devs have to spend extra time to custom make use of it after trying to fit next gen games on the wii u with a small installed base.

You did make a valid point that nintendo needs to care more. They only care now because the wii u is not doing the numbers and the platform is about to be crushed between the ps3/360 and ps4/x1. Now nintendo is scrambling to move units by dropping the wii u price but gamers are already pre-ordering the real next gen consoles.

no-scope-AK47
Nintendo doesn't need to care about the type of gamer you are. They have a whole other market demographic that is more than willing to spend money on their products. inb4 "but nobody is buying it" Yeah, come back in 6 months after Mario Kart comes out.
Avatar image for deactivated-57de36cfc19df
deactivated-57de36cfc19df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-57de36cfc19df
Member since 2011 • 51 Posts

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]God you are pathetic, why cant you just admit nintendo sucks now? At this point I fell all the remaining sheep are just trolls, even they hate nintendo now, but have been defending them here so long they just keep on no matter what. foxhound_fox

He must be a troll. Wii U will easily have the best games this holiday and more way more exclusives.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MFDOOM1983
[QUOTE="huggy_bear01"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]I think it's pretty clear that they wanted to reach out to core gamers. The move back to a more traditional controller, spending so much time on games like arkham city at their E3 12 conference, but it was all bullshit. They seemed to have given most third party developers the middle finger, which is the opposite of what core gamers want....more games. And are desparately trying to get the casual wii crowd back, while pandering to the existing Nintendo diehards that will support them no matter what.  But they're even doing a poor job at that. 

Capitan_Kid

Wii U will have better third party support this holiday season than XB1 and PS4... what you're saying doesn't make a lot of sense.

Lol no

Better third party support, when one of the biggest players are completely absent(EA). LOL
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

What do I think? Well I can't say I'm surprised. The folks at Nintendo seem like they're content with burying their heads in the sand rather than trying to be progressive.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 foxhound_fox
He must be a troll. Wii U will easily have the best games this holiday and more way more exclusives.huggy_bear01
That's impossible. Wii U has no games currently, none coming out and none planned for the future. PS4 and Xbone are the greatest because they are releasing with all the games people want to play, without there being a better version on the PC either.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MFDOOM1983
[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]The wii u uses a blu-ray disc drive but nintendo did NOT want to pay for a dvd/bluray license. They say movies are not needed in a gaming console even when every other console has movie disc playback for less money. The usb thing is standard on the ps3 I have a 3tb drive hooked up to my ps3 not sure about the 360 as I have dumped mine. Also 3rd parties don't support nintendo because nintendo does not make 3rd party games a priority. Nintendo makes consoles to sell it's games and if you want to try to play by their rules and make some money then so be it. Nintendo also has a crappy online gaming platform and no storage so even dlc is a problem for third parties. If you want to download games and dlc you MUST BUY a hard drive with your own money. Also the tablet is a gimmick you can't even buy a extra one in stores and devs have to spend extra time to custom make use of it after trying to fit next gen games on the wii u with a small installed base.

foxhound_fox
Nintendo doesn't need to care about the type of gamer you are. They have a whole other market demographic that is more than willing to spend money on their products. inb4 "but nobody is buying it" Yeah, come back in 6 months after Mario Kart comes out.

Yeah, those Wii-Us are certainly flying off the shelves thanks to this imaginary market.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-57de36cfc19df

[QUOTE="huggy_bear01"]He must be a troll. Wii U will easily have the best games this holiday and more way more exclusives.foxhound_fox
That's impossible. Wii U has no games currently, none coming out and none planned for the future. PS4 and Xbone are the greatest because they are releasing with all the games people want to play, without there being a better version on the PC either.

But but no Battlefield! EA are the greatest. :lol:

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 foxhound_fox
Yeah, those Wii-Us are certainly flying off the shelves thanks to this imaginary market. MFDOOM1983
3DS launched in almost exactly the same manner as the U. >confused with DS, not seen as new platform >released at too high a price with no games people wanted to play >games started coming out >price was dropped >Nintendo cleared up the marketing confusion Now the 3DS is selling faster than the original DS in the same amount of time. It's going to be amusing when all the anti-Nintendo haters get to eat their words in the new year when the Wii U takes off.
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="Trail_Mix"]

The following comes from Bethesda's Pete Hines...

The time for convincing publishers and developers to support Wii U has long past. The box is out. You have to do what Sony and Microsoft have been doing with us for a long time and it's not that every time we met with them we got all the answers we wanted. But they involved us very early on, and talking to folks like Bethesda and Gearbox, they say here's what were doing, here's what were planning, here's how we think it's going to work to hear what we thought from our tech guys and from an experience standpoint.

You have to spend an unbelievable amount of time upfront doing that. If you're just going sort off deciding were going to make a box and this is how it works and you should make games for it. Well, no. No is my answer, I'm going to focus on other ones that better support what it is we're trying to do. So you've gotta spend more time trying to reach out to those folks before you even make the box, when you're still designing and thinking about how its going to work.huggy_bear01

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=211328

Whatcha you guys think?

I think they don't support Nintendo because they are Japanese company. They've never supported Nintendo and never will under any situation. And don't say "well they support Sony" because Sony has become a Western catering developer after PS2.

uhmm that's extremely silly... oh i'm not gonna support them because they're from the East.. hordor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No... they don't wanna support them because they feel it would be a waste of time and effort developing for them.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#65 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]God you are pathetic, why cant you just admit nintendo sucks now? At this point I fell all the remaining sheep are just trolls, even they hate nintendo now, but have been defending them here so long they just keep on no matter what. foxhound_fox

I'm trying my hardest to avoid what he has to say.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Yeah, those Wii-Us are certainly flying off the shelves thanks to this imaginary market. foxhound_fox
3DS launched in almost exactly the same manner as the U. >confused with DS, not seen as new platform >released at too high a price with no games people wanted to play >games started coming out >price was dropped >Nintendo cleared up the marketing confusion Now the 3DS is selling faster than the original DS in the same amount of time. It's going to be amusing when all the anti-Nintendo haters get to eat their words in the new year when the Wii U takes off.

If you're wrong i demand a picture of yourself eating barbie dolls.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 foxhound_fox
If you're wrong i demand a picture of yourself eating barbie dolls.Joedgabe
Don't own any barbie dolls. Nor am I a gambling man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Yeah, those Wii-Us are certainly flying off the shelves thanks to this imaginary market. foxhound_fox

You reek of desperation. If the wii u turns out great, fine, but at this point everything is pointing to a disaster. Look around you are one of the very few defending this trash. There is a reason for that, maybe you need to take a sec and just deal with the fact that you are a blind fanboy, so blind even you couldnt see it. Its ok it can happen.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Capitan_Kid

Handheld market and console market arent the same brah. What works in one wont exactly work in the other. Vita is proof of that.
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

How an earth is Wii:U going to be any better with its poor 6 year old hardware, even with some games?

Nintendo shot themselves in the foot and riding on the piggyback of casuals/kiddy market only.

Sheep are now hating on Bethesda :lol: Xbox One, PS4 and PC is where the best gaming is and will be at.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MFDOOM1983

That was true a few months ago, but 3ds is currently trending below ds. 

npdttmhandheld11bc0.png

Console and handheld markets aren't even remotely simliar. Wii-U is struggling to compete with 8 year old consoles that have yet to hit the magic $99.99 pricepoint and Next gen hardware that has captivated the core gamer audience. Outside of the 20 mil. Nintendo faithful that bought the GC and N64, who do you think is going to drop coin on a wii-u in the next year?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-57de36cfc19df

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Yeah, those Wii-Us are certainly flying off the shelves thanks to this imaginary market. Advid-Gamer

You reek of desperation. If the wii u turns out great, fine, but at this point everything is pointing to a disaster. Look around you are one of the very few defending this trash. There is a reason for that, maybe you need to take a sec and just deal with the fact that you are a blind fanboy, so blind even you couldnt see it. Its ok it can happen.

How exactly is having unique high scoring games "a disaster" ? PS3 was selling poorly two years after launch and it turned things around. If you don't work for Microsoft or Sony, why are sales so important to you?

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Capitan_Kid

How an earth is Wii:U going to be any better with its poor 6 year old hardware, even with some games?

Nintendo shot themselves in the foot and riding on the piggyback of casuals/kiddy market only.

Sheep are now hating on Bethesda :lol: Xbox One, PS4 and PC is where the best gaming is and will be at.

g0ddyX
Its cute seeing people try to write off bethesda as some nobody. As if they werent licking the boots of Skyrim in 2011.
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 no-scope-AK47

Nintendo doesn't need to care about the type of gamer you are. They have a whole other market demographic that is more than willing to spend money on their products. inb4 "but nobody is buying it" Yeah, come back in 6 months after Mario Kart comes out.foxhound_fox

It must be a very small demographic because they shipped 160k worldwide last quarter. That number could drop even more after the ps4/x1 drop durring the holiday season (when most games get sold).  Not even sure if nintendo has even moved 2 million wii u's yet even the GC sold faster. No matter how you look at it the numbers don't look good. Even the ps3 did better at 600 bucks during it's 1st year and nintendo claims the wii u is selling at a loss.

To call the wii u a flop is putting it nicely.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] 3DS launched in almost exactly the same manner as the U. >confused with DS, not seen as new platform >released at too high a price with no games people wanted to play >games started coming out >price was dropped >Nintendo cleared up the marketing confusion Now the 3DS is selling faster than the original DS in the same amount of time. It's going to be amusing when all the anti-Nintendo haters get to eat their words in the new year when the Wii U takes off.huggy_bear01

How exactly is having unique high scoring games "a disaster" ? PS3 was selling poorly two years after launch and it turned things around. If you don't work for Microsoft or Sony, why are sales so important to you?

There not, its not about sales. I have owned every system every gen since the snes. I dont have a wii u and dont plan on getting one nintendo has lost touch. Unique high scoring games like what?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-57de36cfc19df

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Yeah, those Wii-Us are certainly flying off the shelves thanks to this imaginary market. MFDOOM1983

npdttmhandheld11bc0.png

Console and handheld markets aren't even remotely simliar. Wii-U is struggling to compete with 8 year old consoles that have yet to hit the magic $99.99 pricepoint and Next gen hardware that has captivated the core gamer audience. Outside of the 20 mil. Nintendo faithful that bought the GC and N64, who do you think is going to drop coin on a wii-u in the next year?

I've seen lots of posters on this board today saying they're buying a Wii U like myself instead of other new systems. I guess that means gamers will.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-57de36cfc19df

[QUOTE="huggy_bear01"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] You reek of desperation. If the wii u turns out great, fine, but at this point everything is pointing to a disaster. Look around you are one of the very few defending this trash. There is a reason for that, maybe you need to take a sec and just deal with the fact that you are a blind fanboy, so blind even you couldnt see it. Its ok it can happen. Advid-Gamer

There not, its not about sales. I have owned every system every gen since the snes. I dont have a wii u and dont plan on getting one nintendo has lost touch. Unique high scoring games like what?

According to gamespot, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101, just recently.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] 3DS launched in almost exactly the same manner as the U. >confused with DS, not seen as new platform >released at too high a price with no games people wanted to play >games started coming out >price was dropped >Nintendo cleared up the marketing confusion Now the 3DS is selling faster than the original DS in the same amount of time. It's going to be amusing when all the anti-Nintendo haters get to eat their words in the new year when the Wii U takes off.huggy_bear01

At $500-600 ps3's lowest selling month was 82k vs, wii-u's >32k(August)
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 foxhound_fox
It must be a very small demographic because they shipped 160k worldwide last quarter. no-scope-AK47
And how many Wii's, 3DS's and DS's have been sold in the past few years?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-57de36cfc19df

[QUOTE="huggy_bear01"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] You reek of desperation. If the wii u turns out great, fine, but at this point everything is pointing to a disaster. Look around you are one of the very few defending this trash. There is a reason for that, maybe you need to take a sec and just deal with the fact that you are a blind fanboy, so blind even you couldnt see it. Its ok it can happen. MFDOOM1983

It had a bluray player when they were a new thing.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] 3DS launched in almost exactly the same manner as the U. >confused with DS, not seen as new platform >released at too high a price with no games people wanted to play >games started coming out >price was dropped >Nintendo cleared up the marketing confusion Now the 3DS is selling faster than the original DS in the same amount of time. It's going to be amusing when all the anti-Nintendo haters get to eat their words in the new year when the Wii U takes off.huggy_bear01

npdttmhandheld11bc0.png

I've seen lots of posters on this board today saying they're buying a Wii U like myself instead of other new systems. I guess that means gamers will.

Damn, we might have an additional 20 wii-u's sold this holiday.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="huggy_bear01"]How exactly is having unique high scoring games "a disaster" ? PS3 was selling poorly two years after launch and it turned things around. If you don't work for Microsoft or Sony, why are sales so important to you?

huggy_bear01

:lol: your serious? Yea some real system sellers there. Just stop with you BS please, you really have no ground to stand on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-57de36cfc19df

[QUOTE="huggy_bear01"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]That was true a few months ago, but 3ds is currently trending below ds. 

npdttmhandheld11bc0.png

MFDOOM1983

Because they're the only ones who are getting them? You're such a miserable and sad hating person.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="huggy_bear01"]How exactly is having unique high scoring games "a disaster" ? PS3 was selling poorly two years after launch and it turned things around. If you don't work for Microsoft or Sony, why are sales so important to you?

huggy_bear01

It had a bluray player when they were a new thing.

Que? Not sure what that has to do with what I just said, but ok.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-57de36cfc19df

[QUOTE="huggy_bear01"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] There not, its not about sales. I have owned every system every gen since the snes. I dont have a wii u and dont plan on getting one nintendo has lost touch. Unique high scoring games like what?Advid-Gamer

:lol: your serious? Yea some real system sellers there. Just stop with you BS please, you really have no ground to stand on.

You just said "it's not about sales" didn't you?

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="huggy_bear01"]I've seen lots of posters on this board today saying they're buying a Wii U like myself instead of other new systems. I guess that means gamers will.

huggy_bear01

Because they're the only ones who are getting them? You're such a miserable and sad hating person.

Additional, as in, 20 additional wii-u units on top of what ever they sell this holiday.Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but you have unflinching loyalty.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-57de36cfc19df

[QUOTE="huggy_bear01"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Damn, we might have an additional 20 wii-u's sold this holiday. MFDOOM1983

Additional, as in, 20 additional wii-u units on top of what ever they sell this holiday.Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but you have unflinching loyalty.

You're the one in here hating and pretending any of the nonsense excuses you makel matters to anyone. Keep hating, maybe someone will love you for it someday.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Sounds to me like Nintendo just doesn't care and isn't too concerned with whether they get 3rd party support or not.  And hell if they're going to bend over backwards for anyone, they're Nintendo.  Everyone will go their direction, whether they want to or not. 

:lol:

Such hubris, how pathetic.  I love seeing just desserts served.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="huggy_bear01"]Because they're the only ones who are getting them? You're such a miserable and sad hating person.

huggy_bear01

You're the one in here hating and pretending any of the nonsense excuses you makel matters to anyone. Keep hating, maybe someone will love you for it someday.

Hating is just code word for valid criticism around these parts. Personally, I think its a form of tough love because I do care about how shitty Nintendo is looking in the console market these days. It pains me to see Nintendo ostracized like the village idiot, but I can't support them, when they continue to make silly mistakes. I hope iwata leaves soon.
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
Good I don't want my games scaled down just so they can fit on the Wii U.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Nintendo puts their own devs first when designing a console, so it's something they brought upon themselves.

I doubt they mind all that much though. I'm sure their first party software accounts for 90+% of their total gaming revenue though it hurts the average gamer who might want Mario, but also a game like Elder Scrolls or GTA or whatever. Would be nice to be able to get all of those games in one place.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 no-scope-AK47

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="huggy_bear01"]Because they're the only ones who are getting them? You're such a miserable and sad hating person.

huggy_bear01

Normally I don't care about sales but when a product is selling badly you run the risk of the product being pulled from the market. So even if I was thinking about buy a wii u the sales would give me pause. Now if your a little kid then you don't care. I felt the same about the dreamcast. The dreamcast had great games and even online gaming with a advanced game pad but due to sales the unit was pulled from the market. Now nintendo has way more money than sega but the board will not keep pouring money into a system with no future.

Eventually they will start to look at making at new console or just give up on the market. So anybody buying a wii u is at risk of buying a console with no future.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

The sooner nintendo can put the WiiU behind them the better, I wonder how much more 3rd party support will fall by the wayside.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

I agree. Nintendo is too short sighted.

navyguy21

What game is that in your sig?

The new wolfenstein, promoting it a bit since it's going unnoticed by most. Looks pretty awesome.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#95 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

1. At least they're honest
  2. Bethesda has never released a game oon a Nintnedo platform so I'm not surprised by that statement
  3. Doen't stop me from thinking Bethesda games are boring, dull, and are overall mediocre devs.

no-scope-AK47

No matter how great a dev is some people will not like them. However if your a platform owner you need big devs that sell games on yuor platform to increase sales.

True.

It proves how unique the Wii was.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 no-scope-AK47

[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

1. At least they're honest
  2. Bethesda has never released a game oon a Nintnedo platform so I'm not surprised by that statement
  3. Doen't stop me from thinking Bethesda games are boring, dull, and are overall mediocre devs.

Seabas989

No matter how great a dev is some people will not like them. However if your a platform owner you need big devs that sell games on yuor platform to increase sales.

True.

It proves how unique the Wii was.

The wii was a fluke of marketing with a cheap price vs other consoles. The casual market is fickle the core gamer is where the attach rate is.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Hating is just code word for valid criticism around these parts. Personally, I think its a form of tough love because I do care about how shitty Nintendo is looking in the console market these days. It pains me to see Nintendo ostracized like the village idiot, but I can't support them, when they continue to make silly mistakes. I hope iwata leaves soon. MFDOOM1983

So do I, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  It's not just Iwata, the entire upper tier management needs to go.  Nintendo management needs a complete overhaul though I highly doubt we'll be seeing it any time soon.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Nintendo gets what it deserves. Jipset
Sorry but this.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 foxhound_fox
Nintendo management needs a complete overhaul though I highly doubt we'll be seeing it any time soon.MirkoS77
So long as they keep making money, I'm not sure why anyone would want the management to change. Oh, that's right, cynical ex-Nintendo "fans" who don't actually care about Nintendo the company, just the IP they hold.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
Someone want to explain to me why Nintendo lacked 3rd party support?