Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@recloud said:

@jereb31: I was referring to people that think this way, do you think this way? If not, then I wasn't talking about you.

And what was your point? No game should stay one gender or other only. You can make a lot of characters of different genres or races in a lot of games, there's no reason to limit developer creativity and liberty for the sake of whiny, childish and conservative gamers, if the developers want to make games with women or LGBT that's their problem, if they don't want to, that's also their problem. And people are free to buy said game or not.

What can't happen is the shitshow and whining that always happens when they put LGBT or women in any relevant position in games or when they desexualize women, like they did with Lara Croft.

God forbid a woman to be treated like a human being in a game.

All that in bold was you whining about someone else opinion.

If a developer makes a game that is women only, men only, gay only, or other, is it really going to ruin your day that much?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#352  Edited By ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@jereb31: what are you even saying? I've never minded developers putting whatever people they want to in games, that's not what I'm saying.

Again: developers are free to put whatever people they want in their games and whiny little conservatives can suck it up and shove their paranoia in their asses.

Learn to read and don't twist what I've said.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 Jereb31

@recloud said:

@jereb31: what are you even saying? I've never minded developers putting whatever people they want to in games, that's not what I'm saying.

Again: developers are free to put whatever people they want in their games and whiny little conservatives can suck it up and shove their paranoia in their asses.

Learn to read and don't twist what I've said.

You aren't reading what I am asking.

Are developers free to make a game Women only? Male only? Gay only? Or Other only?

And again in bold is you attacking people of a different opinion.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By ReCloud

@jereb31: are you dumb or what? I said three times that they're free to make games with whatever they want to do. It's their problem, not mine.

It's written right before what you bolded.

And ohhh little conservatives are going to be offended for me saying that claiming that agendas in games exist is paranoia? Oh, look how I'm worried about it.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 Jereb31

@recloud said:

@jereb31: are you dumb or what? I said three times that they're free to make games with whatever they want to do. It's their problem, not mine.

So there was no problem with the previous games being male only?

You aren't dumb you can see the point I'm making.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 ReCloud

@jereb31: no, there wasn't, I never said there was, did I?

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 Jereb31

@recloud said:

@jereb31: no, there wasn't, I never said there was, did I?

But if someone says they would have preferred BFV to stay male only. It is a perfectly unoffensive and valid opinion.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 ReCloud

@jereb31: why would anyone prefer it being male only? Can you give me any plausible reason for that?

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 Jereb31

@recloud said:

@jereb31: why would anyone prefer it being male only? Can you give me any plausible reason for that?

If there is nothing wrong with a game being female or male or other only for the sake of it, then what does it matter.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 ReCloud

@jereb31: Well, it does and I want to know why is it so necessary for a game to have only male characters.

And obviously that any answer you give me will make my previous points valid, that's why you'll refuse to give me any reasonable answer: it doesn't exist

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 Jereb31

@recloud said:

@jereb31: Well, it does and I want to know why is it so necessary for a game to have only male characters.

And obviously that any answer you give me will make my previous points valid, that's why you'll refuse to give me any reasonable answer: it doesn't exist

So what if the game was based on the male boxing league?

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By Jereb31

@recloud said:

That's you whining about an opinion you just agreed with.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 ReCloud

@jereb31: Lol, it's not and you're just trying to grasp at straws here, you refused to give me a reasonable answer to why they should make BFV male only, so this conversation is over.

Anyway, the reason for this trailer is obvious: they just wanted to tell people they'll now be able to play as a female character if they want to.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 ReCloud

@jereb31: I'm not going to keep with this shitshow of yours.

Cry all you want, battlefield V will have female characters and there's nothing you can do about it.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 Jereb31

@recloud said:

@jereb31: Lol, it's not and you're just trying to grasp at straws here, you refused to give me a reasonable answer to why they should make BFV male only, so this conversation is over.

Anyway, the reason for this trailer is obvious: they just wanted to tell people they'll now be able to play as a female character if they want to.

See that bolded part above. That is you avoiding an opinion that's different to yours.
If there is nothing wrong with making a game specific to any one gender or all them combined. Then what's the issue with keeping a game specific to one gender.

Yeah, agree, trailer was to show case women in the battlefield. The game looks alright imo.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 ReCloud

@jereb31: you refused to answer my question first, so I don't see the reason to answer your questions any further.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 Jereb31

@recloud said:

@jereb31: you refused to answer my question first, so I don't see the reason to answer your questions any further.

I did answer it. There could be a whole slew of reasons, why a game could be male only, female only or other. Just as many reasons to have a mix as well.

@recloud said:

So what if the game was based on the male boxing league?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 ReCloud

Forget it, I'm out.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 Jereb31

@recloud said:

Forget it, I'm out.

Look, if you are going to act as the holier than thou official of what is the right opinion. Expect people like me to respond with things like this, if for no other reason to show that it's hypocritical. There are obviously reasons to keep a game one gender or the other and to have games of mixed gender and there is nothing wrong with that. If the reason ends up being, the developer wanted it that way, then so be it. They are entitled to do that too.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 Jereb31

@jereb31 said:
@recloud said:

Forget it, I'm out.

Look, if you are going to act as the holier than thou official of what is the right opinion. Expect people like me to respond with things like this, if for no other reason to show that it's hypocritical. There are obviously reasons to keep a game one gender or the other and to have games of mixed gender and there is nothing wrong with that. If the reason ends up being, the developer wanted it that way, then so be it. They are entitled to do that too.

Having said that, should we now "hug it out". Cause I'm not holding any ill will here.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By ReCloud

@jereb31: no, man, like, you're using a specific and very restrictive made up game to debate, and you know, that just proves you lost the discussion ages ago, because the reason you had to restrict so much is because in the end you know there's no reasonable reason why a game should be genre restrictive.

The exception you made is the one that proves the rule, so, unless it's a game based on a very specific thing like that, there's no reason, AT ALL for a game to be gender restrictive, specially one that features character creation like BFV.

And even so, if the developer want, they can add a female league, it's their game, their choice.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 Jereb31

@recloud said:

@jereb31: no, man, like, you're using a specific and very restrictive made up game to debate, and you know, that just proves you lost the discussion ages ago, because the reason you had to restrict so much is because in the end you know there's no reasonable reason why a game should be genre restrictive.

The exception you made is the one that proves the rule, so, unless it's a game based on a very specific thing like that, there's no reason, AT ALL for the game to be gender restrictive.

And even so, if the developer want, they can add a female league, it's their game, their choice.

Yep, it is a restrictive and specific example for the exact point I was trying to make. But if a developer wants to make a game on just the male boxing league, that does not automatically make him a sexist or bigot or anything else. It just means that they wanted to make a game on the male boxing league. Maybe they were fans.

The game doesn't need to be based on very specific thing, the game just needs to be the game that the developer wanted to make.

And yeah, if they want they can make a female only boxing game too, your right it's their game and their choice.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@recloud: You're really being a trolling dipshit in this thread, time to slow it down a bit.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#375  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17813 Posts

@recloud: Like I said, bullshit agenda. They are throwing authenticity out the window to be more "inclusive"...

https://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-5-design-director-says-female-playable-characters-will-put-him-on-right-side-of-history/

Also, enough with the bullshit about people being conservative. You assume too much. Each game should be judged on its own merits and what is okay for one game may not be for another. I played Life is Strange: Before The Storm which featured Lesbian protagonists and I had no issue with it and enjoyed it. However, forcing women soldiers into a game based on WWII is wrong. I don't mind if women play the game with me, but I want the game to be historically accurate. If you can not understand where we are coming from, then that is on you. You are acting like a clown. I will start calling you ReClown from now on.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#376 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@BassMan said:

@recloud: Like I said, bullshit agenda. They are throwing authenticity out the window to be more "inclusive"...

https://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-5-design-director-says-female-playable-characters-will-put-him-on-right-side-of-history/

Also, enough with the bullshit about people being conservative. You assume too much. Each game should be judged on its own merits and what is okay for one game may not be for another. I played Life is Strange: Before The Storm which featured Lesbian protagonists and I had no issue with it and enjoyed it. However, forcing women soldiers into a game based on WWII is wrong. I don't mind if women play the game with me, but I want the game to be historically accurate. If you can not understand where we are coming from, then that is on you. You are acting like a clown. I will start calling you ReClown from now on.

But we havn't seen the campaign yet she might be part of the French resistance which 15-20% where women. But is it so wrong to have them in multiplayer where some women might play.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#377  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17813 Posts
@npiet1 said:
@BassMan said:

But we havn't seen the campaign yet she might be part of the French resistance which 15-20% where women. But is it so wrong to have them in multiplayer where some women might play.

If they are featured in the campaign and it is accurate to the faction they are fighting for, then I don't have a problem with it. Same goes for the multiplayer. If women soldiers were common to the side they are playing on, then I don't have an issue with people playing as female soldiers.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By ReCloud

@BassMan: and why should I care? You are annoyed about a female character in a war game, that's all I need to know about you.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Don't know the details, could be handled well. Russian women snipers and partisans were a thing. So were French resistance women. But if they have like uniformed American and German infantry women, that'd just be silly. Don't care what devs do in futuristic or fictional settings, but it's silly to rewrite history to be glaringly inaccurate.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#380 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@BassMan: Not completely true as Germany and Russia did put women in fighting roles in WW2 as well as French resistance. In WW1 French and Soviet women did participate.

As for this, give me a break to all the #notmybattlefield. Never on any war has a person been able to heal just by hiding from fire.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#381 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@recloud said:

@BassMan: and why should I care? You are annoyed about a female character in a war game, that's all I need to know about you.

for someone that talks a lot about inclusion, you are super judgemental

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 ReCloud

@with_teeth26: don't want to be judged? Keep those opinions to yourself.

There's no reason a game with character creation should remain male only.

Nobody was able to give me a reasonable reason until now.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

EA panders to the low iq, perpetually offended. Nothing new from them. The game will suck regardless.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 with_teeth26
@recloud said:

@with_teeth26: don't want to be judged? Keep those opinions to yourself.

There's no reason a game with character creation should remain male only.

Nobody was able to give me a reasonable reason until now.

or, learn to accept that others will have different opinions from you and move on.

there is no reason that you agree with for a game not to have female characters when it has character creation options.

plus you seem to be grossly simplifying/misrepresenting most people's arguments. I don't see anyone in here saying flat out they don't want females in war games. I see people saying they would rather it be historically accurate, and at least represent woman's roles in the conflict in a believable manner (eg. Russian snipers, French resistance fighters etc.)

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:

@tryit: Counter it with proof then. Go on prove me wrong.

just because a person says something on a video does not mean they have influence over anyone.

your bias on this subject is painfully clear.

so no...you lost and miserably i might add

Lost what exactly? My opinion has not changed.

You have said nothing to change my mind, nor have you presented anything to prove me "wrong".

moving on a bit from your claim that one person saying something in a video is evidence of successful pressure being applied aside for the momment.

I watched the trailer to this game and here is what struck me

1. Tofu eating, sandal wearing hippy feminists are typically anti-war and anti-gratuitous violence what about that video game feels off to you as a platform for a hippy to slip in some agenda that women too can be aggressive killers?

2. a 3rd wave feminist is against making the female lead role basically a masculine expression transforming the female into nearly every masculine stereotypical trait of aggression and violence.

3. the video to me looks just like standard FPS war shooter ever created with the only difference being the lead has a vagina.

point being, aside from ONE person saying something in a video is not evidence of applied pressure, a femnist would like select Batteflied kill them all 100% of your game play, as a platform to express femisnist ideals

ONE PERSON....saying something in a video is not evidence of successful applied pressure on a developer for the developer to do something that the developer doesnt already want to do.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

They could have been historically accurate and featured female soldiers. There were some tough as nails female Russian soldiers on the Eastern Front, like Mariya Oktyabrskaya, a tank commander who drove a T-34 and killed Nazis to get revenge for the death or her husband until she was mortally wounded in combat, or Lyudmila Mikhailovna Pavlichenko, a female Russian sniper with 300+ kills who is regarded as one of the most skilled snipers of all time. The way they did this is just lazy. They could have been more inclusive, historically accurate, and honored real women who served in the war.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 Creepywelps

@tryit: 1. Hippy feminists dont exist.

2. transforming the female into nearly every masculine stereotypical trait of aggression and violence sounds exactly like what a 3rd wave feminist would want.

3. You're right here, the game will be a shitty retread.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By TryIt

@creepywelps said:

@tryit: 1. Hippy feminists dont exist.

2. transforming the female into nearly every masculine stereotypical trait of aggression and violence sounds exactly like what a 3rd wave feminist would want.

3. You're right here, the game will be a shitty retread.

Hippy feminists dont exist?????????????????????????????????????? so which feminists are doing this with soooo much power then?

2. nope....

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By Creepywelps

@tryit: 1. Nope, not anymore. Go back to the 90's and you could probably find a couple prominent ones, not anymore. 3rd wave is the overpowering voice of feminism currently.

2. 3rd wave fems are violent and angry. Also always trying to prove they are just as strong and capable as men. Fits the bill perfectly imo.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#390 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:

@tryit: Counter it with proof then. Go on prove me wrong.

just because a person says something on a video does not mean they have influence over anyone.

You have said nothing to change my mind, nor have you presented anything to prove me "wrong".

moving on a bit from your claim that one person saying something in a video is evidence of successful pressure being applied aside for the momment.

1. Tofu eating, sandal wearing hippy feminists are typically anti-war and anti-gratuitous violence what about that video game feels off to you as a platform for a hippy to slip in some agenda that women too can be aggressive killers?

2. a 3rd wave feminist is against making the female lead role basically a masculine expression transforming the female into nearly every masculine stereotypical trait of aggression and violence.

3. the video to me looks just like standard FPS war shooter ever created with the only difference being the lead has a vagina.

point being, aside from ONE person saying something in a video is not evidence of applied pressure, a femnist would like select Batteflied kill them all 100% of your game play, as a platform to express femisnist ideals

ONE PERSON....saying something in a video is not evidence of successful applied pressure on a developer for the developer to do something that the developer doesnt already want to do.

Firstly do you want to go and re-read my original post, not once have I said anything about females in video games being a bad thing. Nor have I said anything about females not being allowed to play video games (I have several female friends who love playing video games - including my wife and daughters).

More women in gaming is good thing, yes a really good thing, because it would bring in more money and more high quality games would get made, which is good for everyone.

So time to get off your high horse Lone Ranger and come back down to earth. Now go and show me some evidence to show that EA are not pandering to a noisy minority of people who demand that all females should be portrayed exactly the same as men in everything. Something they are not and it's absolutely not something the female gamers I know don't want to be portrayed as.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By TryIt

@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:

Firstly do you want to go and re-read my original post, not once have I said anything about females in video games being a bad thing. ....

I stopped reading right there.

becuase I never said that or implied that and that observation is not remotely related to anything I said, re-read what I said...slowly.

and please only address what I said, not what you think I am thinking, but what I said.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 bigfootpart2

You also had Rosa Shanina, a Russian sniper with 59 confirmed kills who was famed for her ability to get two kills in rapid succession.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 GarGx1
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:

Firstly do you want to go and re-read my original post, not once have I said anything about females in video games being a bad thing. ....

becuase I never said that or implied that and that observation is not remotely related to anything I said, re-read what I said...slowly.

and please only address what I said, not what you think I am thinking, but what I said.

Well you better go read the rest of my post Kemoshabee

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 TryIt

@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:
@tryit said:
@GarGx1 said:

Well you better go read the rest of my post Kemoshabee

there is no reason to when what I am saying has nothing whatsoever to do with the question of 'is it good or not'

I am saying it doesnt exist, for me to addres if it is good or not I would have to beieve it exists in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 ReCloud

The amusing about these threads is how they span 8+ pages...

So much for "not problem with women in games but..."

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 with_teeth26
@recloud said:

The amusing about these threads is how they span 8+ pages...

So much for "not problem with women in games but..."

its gone for 8 pages because people like you are reducing nuanced opinions and arguments into "hur dur conservative sexist bigots r bad"

and the people making the arguments feel the need to keep making them because they don't seem to be getting through and want to defend themselves.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 Creepywelps

@recloud: I havent read all the posts in here, has anyone flat out said they dont want women in games?

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 bigfootpart2

I'm fine with women in a WW2 game, but why not do it in a historically accurate way when there were real women who served with distinction? Why feature some bizarre character that looks more at home in Fortnite with a robot arm and a katana? If they wanted to go that route, why not have a sci-fi setting?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#399 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46350 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:

its gone for 8 pages because people like you are reducing nuanced opinions and arguments into "hur dur conservative sexist bigots r bad"

and the people making the arguments feel the need to keep making them because they don't seem to be getting through and want to defend themselves.

Yeah I love how all those 340.000 + dislikes for the trailer are all made by very bad people...

or as Kotaku likes to put it: angry dorks

Either that or there are some serious things wrong with the game/trailer.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By GarGx1
@creepywelps said:

@recloud: I havent read all the posts in here, has anyone flat out said they dont want women in games?

Nope but apparently we are all scared of women.