Are you buying Battlefield 2042 on day one?

• 115 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you buying Battlefield 2042 on day one? (85 votes)

Yes 22%
No 72%
None of your business, kid 6%

Ever since the beta ended, i can't stop thinking about the damn game. This has't happened since the BF3 days, so i am excited to say the least. Even if the game launches in a clusterfuck state, i am still getting it day one.

Are you buying it? If so, which system?

• 
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38853 Posts

BF2042 vs BF4 comparison.

Loading Video...
madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Nope. Generally don't like multiplayer games.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Day 1, no. If first impressions are good, we'll see. I still did enjoy the beta somewhat, despite the issues it had.

EDIT: Apparently, GP Ultimate and EA Play has a 10-hour trial. Might just do my own first impressions.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

It's EA.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8773 Posts

Maybe. If I do it'll be on my PS4, because my PC isn't good enough.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Excuse my ignorance on this game, but does this have a single-player campaign or is this strictly multiplayer?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#7 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

@hallenbeck77:

Nope. Exclusively multiplayer.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Lol nope, beta was a disaster.

Will get it for 10 bucks 3 months later when nobody plays anymore.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

@Gatygun said:

Lol nope, beta was a disaster.

Will get it for 10 bucks 3 months later when nobody plays anymore.

There is no way that people are playing this one. BF Portal might become bigger than your standard bf2042 conquest.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69521 Posts

Nope!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44196 Posts

No. Halo Infinite will be more then enough for me to play when it comes to FPS multiplayer. Although I may pick up Call of Duty Vanguard as I really enjoy the CoD games as well. I will very likely give Battlefield a go though whenever it hits Game Pass Ultimate via EA’s online service.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#13 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

U buying this on consoles?

Anyhow no from me. My last Battlefield was BF1 and I am not interested in any more shooters.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@sakaixx said:

Anyhow no from me. My last Battlefield was BF1 and I am not interested in any more shooters.

I want to get this on PC baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Having access to kb/mouse (which won't be important if there's high amount of aim assist for controllers, which i want to abuse), being able to run low settings to make everything washed out and easy to track people hiding in corners/bushes and an easy 144fps in 1440p with DLSS would be such a better experience, but i can't find a god damn gpu, so no choice but to get it for the ps5.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Hazard zone loool. Why is no one talking about how they literally copied Warzone.

anyway, COD is going back to WWII so I hope this BF actually ends up being good. They'd have to finetune those clunky controls first of course.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Shooters are boring mass produced hot garbage pandering to 12 year olds talking about each others moms. I'll pass.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen

@eoten said:

Shooters are boring mass produced hot garbage pandering to 12 year olds talking about each others moms. I'll pass.

That was such a toxic response, dude.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

I gave the beta a fair go and it was OK, but not dropping £60 on it. I think you get 10 hours free though so will play that and wait for it to come to Game Pass like all the others.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46310 Posts

I'm really underwhelmed. What happened to the classes and factions, staples of the franchise since 1942?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

@R4gn4r0k said:

I'm really underwhelmed. What happened to the classes and factions, staples of the franchise since 1942?

EA happened. They saw an opportunity to milk our asses with "heroes" cuz, you know, its the new fad, so that's what they did.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k  Online

@hardwenzen said:

EA happened. They saw an opportunity to milk our asses with "heroes" cuz, you know, its the new fad, so that's what they did.

I can see why people are hyped for this: nice weather effects, a 'modern' setting, 128p and customizable weapons;

But removing classes and factions does such a disservice to a game... For me it's gamebreaking.

And all of that is done so EA/DICE can sell even more Fifa Ultimate Team/Fortnite skins.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44568 Posts

No campaign?! Pass for now. If I hear good things later I'll pick it up when it will inevitably be on sale for $20 every few weeks.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts

No, it looks bad. If that wasn't enough, if it's somehow an ok game at least, EA will **** it up.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Litchie
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

I want to get this on PC baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Having access to kb/mouse (which won't be important if there's high amount of aim assist for controllers, which i want to abuse), being able to run low settings to make everything washed out and easy to track people hiding in corners/bushes and an easy 144fps in 1440p with DLSS would be such a better experience, but i can't find a god damn gpu, so no choice but to get it for the ps5.

You have no problem playing on console, because of aim assist. And you really want to play on PC so you can cheat. Nice.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#25 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17811 Posts

Yes, because I am a BF diehard and own all the games. However, I am definitely worried about the state of the game and expect a rough launch as well.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

You have no problem playing on console, because of aim assist. And you really want to play on PC so you can cheat. Nice.

Cheat what? Literally everyone playing on pc use the lowest settings for obvious reasons. And its not like my 9600k will run the game at ultra even if i find a 3070.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

na I don't have a ps5 yet and my PC is rocking an older card so im skipping

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hardwenzen
@lamprey263 said:

No campaign?! Pass for now. If I hear good things later I'll pick it up when it will inevitably be on sale for $20 every few weeks.

Why would you think of getting a BF game for its campaign?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

I can see why people are hyped for this: nice weather effects, a 'modern' setting, 128p and customizable weapons;

But removing classes and factions does such a disservice to a game... For me it's gamebreaking.

And all of that is done so EA/DICE can sell even more Fifa Ultimate Team/Fortnite skins.

Yup. I am not spending a cent on their mtx. F*ck em.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Litchie

@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

Cheat what? Literally everyone playing on pc use the lowest settings for obvious reasons. And its not like my 9600k will run the game at ultra even if i find a 3070.

No, that's people with bad rigs and cowards.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k  Online

@hardwenzen said:

Yeah I'm buying Fifa this year (waiting on a big sale). But I'm playing the game purely in couch coop.

Not setting a single foot in FUT, and never will.

In fact in these football games I have way more fun designing my own 'whacky' players than opening millions of random boxes in search of that 'Ronaldo' or 'Messi' 🤮

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

Best BF I've played since Bad Company 2 (not as good as those but) I was impressed graphically, the controls & gunplay seems waaaaaaay better than BF1 & 4 & co. but still needs some work....I was particularly underwhelmed when I'd spot players & nail them with shots from mid range, yet my bullets either weren't hitting them due to bad hit detection, lag, but then they would turn around & nail me easily...

I was confused, as I was using assault rifles with scopes, lining them up perfect, yet it felt like my gun didn't have the range or such. I also had an issue where the gun settings/attachements would reset to standard every time I respawned in some games.

If they improve that kind of game breaking lunacy I may get it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hardwenzen

@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

lol no. Literally every "pro" streamer making hundreds of thousands or millions a year with a 3090 use low to medium-low visuals when playing competitive. I am surprised you play on pc and didn't knew this. This is not some underground secret that most people never heard off of.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Yeah I'm buying Fifa this year (waiting on a big sale). But I'm playing the game purely in couch coop.

Not setting a single foot in FUT, and never will.

In fact in these football games I have way more fun designing my own 'whacky' players than opening millions of random boxes in search of that 'Ronaldo' or 'Messi' 🤮

If you're really buying FIFA, buy it used so they get a fat $0 from you.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Litchie
@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:

lol no. Literally every "pro" streamer making hundreds of thousands or millions a year with a 3090 use low to medium-low visuals when playing competitive. I am surprised you play on pc and didn't knew this. This is not some underground secret that most people never heard off of.

I know people cheat like that. Doesn't make it better. I'm just not a coward myself.

I also know most big streamers are hypocritical douchebags. Always complaining when they die about other players doing exactly what they do themselves, and it's never their fault, it's the fault of the opponent's ping or the way the opponent plays the game.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:

I know people cheat like that. Doesn't make it better. I'm just not a coward myself.

I also know most big streamers are hypocritical douchebags. Always complaining when they die about other players doing exactly what they do themselves, and it's never their fault, it's the fault of the opponent's ping or the way the opponent plays the game.

Usually for crossplay there is settings you cannot change to even the playing field across all platform. Switch excluded due technical limitations of course.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hardwenzen

@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:

But that has nothing to do with them being douches or whatever. You saying that lowering settings is for cowards, is like me saying that playing on pc and having access to a keyboard/mouse speed and accuracy and the 144fps plus is for cowards because i don't have that on my ps5. You gotta be trolling lol i don't believe you're serious.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Litchie
@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:

But that has nothing to do with them being douches or whatever. You saying that lowering settings is for cowards, is like me saying that playing on pc and having access to a keyboard/mouse speed and accuracy and the 144fps plus is for cowards because i don't have that on my ps5. You gotta be trolling lol i don't believe you're serious.

That's not the same at all. If you played with M+KB against people with controllers, then yeah, that would be cheating in my mind. You'd be so much better than the others because you'd be able to aim fast and properly.

Lowering settings until terrain disappears making the game ugly and making you see shit where the developer think you shouldn't.. so lame dude. So lame.

Abuse your aim assist and lower your graphics by all means. Just know that you're a coward.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen
Loading Video...

Here's a non douchebag streamer settings that is also very good in Tarkov. Literally almost exactly what i ran since 2019. Textures, AA, AF and draw distance maxed out. Everything else to their minimum because it adds nothing if you're playing competitively.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hardwenzen
@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:

That's not what I was saying at all. If you played with M+KB against people with controllers, then yeah, that would be cheating in my mind. You'd be so much better than the others because you'd be able to aim fast and properly.

Lowering settings until terrain disappears making the game ugly and making you see shit where the developer think you shouldn't.. so lame dude. So lame.

Abuse your aim assist and lower your graphics by all means. Just know that you're a coward.

lol if you think terrain disappears, you clearly have never tried this. Every game has some settings that cannot be tweaked. Settings such as vegetation density. Nothing is disappearing lol the game is just more washed out because you remove the likes of shadows, HBOA, etc. And as mentioned above, i leave some settings maxed out, so the game is far from looking ugly. Gaining better visibility in dark environment and much higher fps =/= cheating/ being a coward.

I am also not too sure what you mean by me abusing the aim assist. I said that i'd like to take advantage of the aim assist if i am using the controller on a ps5, and of course i'll be playing crossplay with pc. You want me to use a controller without an aim assist vs keyboard/mouse or something?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Litchie
@hardwenzen said:

lol if you think terrain disappears, you clearly have never tried this.

I said terrain, and included vegetation to that. I didn't mean that you make mountains or ground and shit to disappear. And yes, I've done that. Latest was in Valheim to find mushrooms easier. Not to gain an advantage over someone I'm playing against who isn't a coward.

@hardwenzen said:

Gaining better visibility in dark environment and much higher fps =/= cheating/ being a coward.

I'm playing a game called Hunt: Showdown. Sometimes you get a map with nighttime. That makes it harder to see, because it's darker. The developers didn't add a brightness setting in game because they consider it a very easy way to cheat on nighttime maps. So cowards up their monitor gamma instead, so they can continue being cowards.

@hardwenzen said:

I am also not too sure what you mean by me abusing the aim assist. I said that i'd like to take advantage of the aim assist if i am using the controller on a ps5, and of course i'll be playing crossplay with pc. You want me to use a controller without an aim assist vs keyboard/mouse or something?

I just find it weird to buy a game for 60 bucks to "abuse aim assist". FPSs are horrible on consoles, and aim assist is one of the reasons why. I just find it weird that a former PC gamer could even want to do that with his time and money.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Nope. I'll wait for it to land on GP.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56123 Posts

I ain't paying full price when they had the nerve to take out Campaign and since Battlefield 2042 is MP only, I'll play it through EA PlayPro sub since its only $14 and a fitting price for such a game. Sadly you forgot to include renting on the poll so no votes for me when I'm just gonna rent the damn game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By hardwenzen
@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:

lol if you think terrain disappears, you clearly have never tried this.

I said terrain, and included vegetation to that. I didn't mean that you make mountains or ground and shit to disappear. And yes, I've done that. Latest was in Valheim to find mushrooms easier. Not to gain an advantage over someone I'm playing against who isn't a coward.

@hardwenzen said:

Gaining better visibility in dark environment and much higher fps =/= cheating/ being a coward.

I'm playing a game called Hunt: Showdown. Sometimes you get a map with nighttime. That makes it harder to see, because it's darker. The developers didn't add a brightness setting in game because they consider it a very easy way to cheat on nighttime maps. So cowards up their monitor gamma instead, so they can continue being cowards.

@hardwenzen said:

I just find it weird to buy a game for 60 bucks to "abuse aim assist". FPSs are horrible on consoles, and aim assist is one of the reasons why. I just find it weird that a former PC gamer could even want to do that with his time and money.

1- What can be removed in a singleplayer game is not the same as in a competitive one. You're not deleting bushes or grass to make your visibility perfect, and being able to kill people hiding in bushes because bushes are invisible to you. That is not how this works. You can make the bush more washed out because the shadows will be set to low. That doesn't mean that you will be tracking everyone through bushes.

2- I am well aware of the monitor settings, reshaders and the nvidia freestyle profiles to brighten night time. The same was happening in Tarkov.

3- I am not a "former pc gamer". I game on both, and have no issues using a controller in shooters. Does not matter if you want to abuse the aim assist or not, if you're playing on consoles, YOU HAVE IT BY DEFAULT. Do you want me to skip the game for months (could be years for all i know) until i am able to track down a 3060ti or a 3070 because the aim assist on consoles is a nono? That's kinda insane, don't you think?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4gn4r0k  Online

@hardwenzen said:

If you're really buying FIFA, buy it used so they get a fat $0 from you.

That's a solid option too, thanks!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen

After the beta, i keep thinking of how much better open world rpg's could be with dynamic weather. And not just your standard rain, but nice looking tornadoes, sand storms with physics and such. Would be such a nice addition and would certainly help the game looking more next gen.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Think ill pass.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#48 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I haven't bought a game in a long time due to my 'addiction' to Dreams, so yes. I love Battlefield, and this new one with 128 players running at locked 60fps seems pretty epic!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61488 Posts

Gonna EA Play Pro to see how it does.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points