Another SSB thread but on a different subject: why there is no story mode.

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#151 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

If they made an adventure mode as good as Melee's or better then I could maybe look past this.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#152 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"] So the super imaginative innovative company can't come up with a solution to this? Why are they even making video games if they can't even come up with some good ideas on this.

better questuon is why are you wasting your time in this thread when you hate smash bros?

Because every chance I get where I can spew venom on this stupid franchise I will, nay I shall.

So you're a troll? Got it.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
Nintendo will do anything to save a penny... I've come to expect entertaining sp campaigns from fighters after games like MK9, P4A and injustice. Shame about this whole thing because I actually enjoyed brawl's story mode. But I'm sure there are people in this thread defending less content, but whatever.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Nintendo will do anything to save a penny... I've come to expect entertaining sp campaigns from fighters after games like MK9, P4A and injustice. Shame about this whole thing because I actually enjoyed brawl's story mode. But I'm sure there are people in this thread defending less content, but whatever. MFDOOM1983
good for you. A blunt majority hated the subspace emissary, which is why it won't be missed
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#155 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Nintendo will do anything to save a penny... I've come to expect entertaining sp campaigns from fighters after games like MK9, P4A and injustice. Shame about this whole thing because I actually enjoyed brawl's story mode. But I'm sure there are people in this thread defending less content, but whatever. Shinobishyguy
good for you. A blunt majority hated the subspace emissary, which is why it won't be missed

Nobody hated the cutscenes
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Nintendo will do anything to save a penny... I've come to expect entertaining sp campaigns from fighters after games like MK9, P4A and injustice. Shame about this whole thing because I actually enjoyed brawl's story mode. But I'm sure there are people in this thread defending less content, but whatever. princeofshapeir

they hated the long ass slog to get to the cutscenes. Besides that theres probably going to be intro movies like with megaman and the villager
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#157 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]good for you. A blunt majority hated the subspace emissary, which is why it won't be missedShinobishyguy

they hated the long ass slog to get to the cutscenes. Besides that theres probably going to be intro movies like with megaman and the villager

I dunno, they might not even add new characters because people will just leak them early to the internet.
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#158 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Oh the twists and turns that were had in those cutscenes! They were so worthwhile, all very memorable. Put The Last of Us and Uncharted to shame. 

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Nintendo will do anything to save a penny... I've come to expect entertaining sp campaigns from fighters after games like MK9, P4A and injustice. Shame about this whole thing because I actually enjoyed brawl's story mode. But I'm sure there are people in this thread defending less content, but whatever. Shinobishyguy

So, having an entire mode axed is preferable to the developer improving on it in the sequel? What's the point of having a game that revolves around fan service, if you can't see beloved characters interacting with each other in somewhat humorous ways? Shit sucks no matter how you try to spin it.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Graphically can't tell a difference compared to Brawl, and no story mode. Unless we get 10+ new characters this is sounding rushed, despite how long it's been in development.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Seriously, how many people could have seen that of everyone that will get that game? Bad excuse or a really dumb decision.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

Does anyone ever actually read the articles? He said

I decided against having them.

And he was clearly referring to the cutscenes. He didn't say anything at all about a story mode. 

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

Preorder cancelled. I think I'll just rent it then, Nintendo does not deserve a single cent for this gross imcompetence.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#164 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Preorder cancelled. I think I'll just rent it then, Nintendo does not deserve a single cent for this gross imcompetence.

DrTrafalgarLaw
lol people playing Super Smash Bros for the single player adventure. :lol:
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#165 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

bbkkristian

Its still going to have single-player campaign of some sort too, and probably other single player modes as well, which makes it all the funnier.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

bbkkristian

I play Super Smash Bros only for the first-class AAA-budget story mode and the pixar-like cutscenes. It's a darn shame they strayed from this philosophy and pandered to the mental age of the 3DS community that get excited by seeing a goldfish rendered in 3D.
Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#167 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

Not only should it have a story mode but have ONLINE co-op for it as well.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

Looks like SSB is a 1980's cartoon rehash......no cutscenes :lol::lol::lol:

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Bull shit story. I bet they are just under pressure to get it out as quickly as possible.

timbers_WSU
I don't know. His "reason" sounds so dumb, that he may actually be serious.
Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts
[QUOTE="uninspiredcup"]

Mortal Kombat 9 showed you can quite easily infuse story-telling into fighting games. Context makes everything better.

PannicAtack
MK9's story wasn't very good, tho.

Yeah but it was much easier to follow than the plot of most other fighters and it certainly made some of the fights more fun due to context which was something missing from the series.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 MFDOOM1983

Not only should it have a story mode but have ONLINE co-op for it as well.

Nintendo_Man
Baby steps, man.