Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1201 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

The Rams have traded for the 1st draft pick with the Titans and wow did it cost them. Will be interesting to see if it pays off. They are in desperate need of a QB so I expect them to be trying to draft their franchise QB with the #1 pick. Wonder who they'll pick!

I think I like this trade a lot for the Titans. This could fix the team a lot more quickly. The Rams will pick the best QB in the draft or the one fits their team the best.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1202 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50562 Posts

Fucking Rams. After trolling us on the coin flip they pull the same shit haha.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1203 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:

The Rams have traded for the 1st draft pick with the Titans and wow did it cost them. Will be interesting to see if it pays off. They are in desperate need of a QB so I expect them to be trying to draft their franchise QB with the #1 pick. Wonder who they'll pick!

I think I like this trade a lot for the Titans. This could fix the team a lot more quickly. The Rams will pick the best QB in the draft or the one fits their team the best.

I definitely think it was a good trade for the Titans too. They need to fill a lot of holes so this is the best way to try and get the team competitive quickly.

Big risk on the Rams part. If they do in fact land their franchise QB it will be worth it (as I really feel that is a MAJOR void in their team) but if they don't, well just look at what happened with the Redskins...

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1204 LostProphetFLCL

Holy crap the Lions have an easy schedule.

PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1205  Edited By Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

5-11 for the lions. They are bad.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1206 LostProphetFLCL

@Put_in_Kitna said:

5-11 for the lions. They are bad.

I honestly have no idea what to think at this point. They have made a TON of changes and we also need to see what happens in the draft as we have a new GM with a bunch of picks.

It is going to be a really interesting next year or so to see if Bob Quinn is the real deal. He was hand-picked by Ernie Accorsi who helped a little team named the Carolina Panthers pick their GM a couple years ago.

To continue to write them off is to be ignorant of all the changes that have been made, yet to be expecting huge results this year is naive. The team is a real wild-card right now and I for one will have fun seeing what happens. This may be the first time this team has been in the hands of a good GM since at LEAST before the turn of the century, that is if Quinn is in fact the real deal.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1207 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

You are right I can't write off all the changes they have made, like the loss of Suh a year ago and the loss of Calvin Johnson now. Thinking about it I would like to change my 5-11 prediction to 4-12.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1208 LostProphetFLCL

@Put_in_Kitna said:

You are right I can't write off all the changes they have made, like the loss of Suh a year ago and the loss of Calvin Johnson now. Thinking about it I would like to change my 5-11 prediction to 4-12.

Because Suh did so much for Miami last year. *eye roll*

If this was a few years ago the Calvin Johnson loss would be huge. With how Calvin has played the last couple years? Not so much. He was completely absent for a few games even though he was on the field. It's a shame how bad his injuries took him down over time.

At this point I think Marvin Jones will be more productive next year than Calvin would have had he not retired.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1209 GameboyTroy

The NFL draft starts next week.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1210 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@GameboyTroy:

It's in Chicago again, lol, I should attend the free festivities.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1211 LostProphetFLCL

@GameboyTroy said:

Shall be a good time. Those two big trades definitely make the draft picture a lot more interesting.

Will be fun seeing who won those trades in the long run. If the Browns end up getting a franchise QB next year while the Eagles end up without a QB (I don't care what they say, they are drafting a QB until proven otherwise as Bradford is shit) this will definitely go down as a surprisingly smart move by the Browns.

Curious to see who the Rams get too and if they pan out. There is some good talent on the team and they could really take a major step forward with someone competent at the QB position.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1212 Chutebox

Josh Norman is a fucking Redskin. Good shit!

Looking forward to him and that bitch in NY twice a year.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1213 GotFiveRings
Member since 2009 • 641 Posts

@Chutebox: Lmao. 50 million guaranteed to a guy who's had one good year and already 28? Ye, it owns! I love it as much as I love the travesty in Philthy right now.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1214 GameboyTroy

@LostProphetFLCL said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Shall be a good time. Those two big trades definitely make the draft picture a lot more interesting.

Will be fun seeing who won those trades in the long run. If the Browns end up getting a franchise QB next year while the Eagles end up without a QB (I don't care what they say, they are drafting a QB until proven otherwise as Bradford is shit) this will definitely go down as a surprisingly smart move by the Browns.

Curious to see who the Rams get too and if they pan out. There is some good talent on the team and they could really take a major step forward with someone competent at the QB position.

The Eagles will draft a QB at #2.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1215 Chutebox

@GotFiveRings said:

@Chutebox: Lmao. 50 million guaranteed to a guy who's had one good year and already 28? Ye, it owns! I love it as much as I love the travesty in Philthy right now.

I don't mind it since it's one of the glaring issues with that D.

Dude proved himself, I've seen people get paid for doing much less.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1216 LostProphetFLCL

@GameboyTroy said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Yes but the question is will said QB be any good or just another Bradford type bust.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1217  Edited By GameboyTroy

@LostProphetFLCL said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Yes but the question is will said QB be any good or just another Bradford type bust.

Wentz and Goff can be good. They'll most likely be able to pick Wentz. Once Wentz adjusts to the NFL he should be good. His college stats look nice. Goff is better than Wentz. Goff is NFL ready.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/305671?pickId=2555334

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-mockdraft

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1218 GotFiveRings

@Chutebox said:
@GotFiveRings said:

Ye no shit, you're a dickskins fan so you're used to it. Its Washington's forte to overpay FAs and get shit production for it. Fat Albert OWNS!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1219  Edited By Chutebox

@GotFiveRings said:@Chutebox said: @GotFiveRings said: @Chutebox: Lmao. 50 million guaranteed to a guy who's had one good year and already 28? Ye, it owns! I love it as much as I love the travesty in Philthy right now.

Ye no shit, you're a dickskins fan so you're used to it. Its Washington's forte to overpay FAs and get shit production for it. Fat Albert OWNS!

How much is Tony romo making?

Paying mr. Burns a shit load!

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1220 GotFiveRings

@Chutebox: Tony Romo was a FA signing from another team? News to me. Even if he was, he actually owns. Awful example either way.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1221 Chutebox

@GotFiveRings: wtf did I do to that post above.

He had been getting shit load of money and mr. Burns been riding the bench.

Oh well, at least we didn't sign crazy ass hardy

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1222 LostProphetFLCL

@GameboyTroy said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Wentz and Goff can be good. They'll most likely be able to pick Wentz. Once Wentz adjusts to the NFL he should be good. His college stats look nice. Goff is better than Wentz. Goff is NFL ready.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/305671?pickId=2555334

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-mockdraft

We shall see. There have been WAY too many high pick QB busts to try and act like there is ANY guarantee they won't be complete dogshit at the NFL level.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1223 GotFiveRings

@Chutebox: Who's riding the bench? I'm assuming you're talking about Brandon Carr. Ye he's okay, not worth that contract but he starts. Haven't done shit like that since. Hardy deal was whatever, didn't pay him a shitload guaranteed. There's plenty of examples for the skins lmao.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1224 Chutebox

@GotFiveRings said:

@Chutebox: Who's riding the bench? I'm assuming you're talking about Brandon Carr. Ye he's okay, not worth that contract but he starts. Haven't done shit like that since. Hardy deal was whatever, didn't pay him a shitload guaranteed. There's plenty of examples for the skins lmao.

Nah, I was talking about Romo since he was hurt the whole year (although he did suck while in). Shut up, I don't have an argument here lol.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1225 GotFiveRings

@Chutebox: Only thing I hope is that **** gapes the chiapet in NYC twice a year.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1226 PSP107

@LostProphetFLCL: @Chutebox:

Tom Brady 4-game suspension reinstated by U.S. Appeals Court?

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1227 LostProphetFLCL

@PSP107: It is hilarious if you ask me. Didn't even realize this was still a thing.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1228  Edited By Chutebox

@PSP107 said:

@LostProphetFLCL: @Chutebox:

Tom Brady 4-game suspension reinstated by U.S. Appeals Court?

Basically the judge just said Roger acted correctly under the labor agreement. Never thought he didn't. The whole reason it's BS was never really on trial here.

It's the players fault that Roger can basically do what he wants. Tom should just quit and not give NFL any more money lol.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1229  Edited By Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

@Chutebox: Nah, the better Brady performs the more he embarrasses Goodell. He could have gone out last year, saw a down-tick in production, and had 31 fanbases and Goodell pointing at him as if it somehow proved he benefited from allegedly deflated footballs, but he didn't. He had a career season at the age of 38, came in second in MVP voting, made the AFC Championship, and shut the story down after a few weeks. Legally I understand the reasoning, but I do hope Brady continues to pursue this, to the full court of appeals and to the Supreme Court if that's what it takes. The only reason Goodell continued to pursue this case is retain his complete player punishment, the court unfortunately ruled today that he had it. Much as I'd like to see the process changed I"m not sure that it will be. This decision egally obviously gives Goodell the power to give whatever the hell he he wants, the NFLPA isn't going to trade money for something that effects 1% of players every year, and the owners prefer to let Goodell be the face of discipline as forcing it into a committee might cause them to look bad.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1230  Edited By GameboyTroy

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@PSP107: It is hilarious if you ask me. Didn't even realize this was still a thing.

It sure is funny. One thing that I remembered is that the Patriots don't have a 1st round pick this Thursday.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1231 LostProphetFLCL

@GameboyTroy said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:

It sure is funny. One thing that I remembered is that the Patriots don't have a 1st round pick this Thursday.

Excuse me if I don't shed a tear for the poor Patriots...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1232 Chutebox

@LostProphetFLCL said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:

Lol, and they'll be better than both your shit teams for years to come (mine too, yay!).

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1233  Edited By GameboyTroy

@Chutebox said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:

Lol, and they'll be better than both your shit teams for years to come (mine too, yay!).

You're still defending the Patriots? Lol, the Bills going to build a superior roster than the Patriots. The Bills are going to have crazy starting lineups on both sides of the ball and have excellent depth for their roster. The Bills will draft the best players available.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1234 Chutebox

@GameboyTroy said:
@Chutebox said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:

You're still defending the Patriots? Lol, the Bills going to build a superior roster than the Patriots. The Bills are going to have crazy starting lineups on both sides of the ball and have excellent depth for their roster. The Bills will draft the best players available.

Did you type all that out with a straight face?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1235 GameboyTroy

@Chutebox said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@Chutebox said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Did you type all that out with a straight face?

Of course I did. You'll find out soon. The Bills' GM will do his best to make every pick count. That's how he rolls, man.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1236 PSP107

@GameboyTroy:

Shouldn't you be concentrating on the Drake and the Raptors?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1237 GameboyTroy

@PSP107 said:

@GameboyTroy:

Shouldn't you be concentrating on the Drake and the Raptors?

I already am. I'm glad they won yesterday with a comeback. This is the NFL thread.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1238 LostProphetFLCL

Jesus Christ Cleveland is just swimming in picks.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1239  Edited By GameboyTroy

The Titans and Bills did great so far in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker/by-round#dt-by-round-input:1

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1240 LostProphetFLCL

For once the Lions made the obvious and sensible pick with their first round pick. There is hope!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1241 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Jalen Fucking Ramsey on my mother fucking Jaguars. Prepare your buttholes NFL offenses!

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1242 GotFiveRings

@GameboyTroy: lmfao. You're a hero dude.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1243 GameboyTroy

Round 2 is starting.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker/by-round#dt-by-round-input:2/dt-tabs:dt-by-round

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1244 Chutebox

Swagaurs making out man.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1245 LostProphetFLCL

Thoughts on the draft everyone?

The Lions did okay. Would have liked them to get a TE later on and I am REALLY confused as to why they got another LS in the 6th with Burbidge sitting right there for the taking. Also, I find it very amusing that we got Jake Ruddock of all people as our back-up QB.

Of course time will tell, but I am just happy they didn't make another Eric Ebron esque pick.

Outside of the Lions, I had fun watching Cleveland just amass picks like crazy.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1246 GameboyTroy

@LostProphetFLCL: The Bills had a great defense heavy draft in the first 3 rounds and drafted a QB. The Titans had a good draft. The Giants did okay I guess. They should have picked a better CB in the 1st round.

The Browns are piling up on picks, also the Browns literally drafted 5 WRs in this draft.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1247 LostProphetFLCL

@GameboyTroy said:

@LostProphetFLCL: The Bills had a great defense heavy draft in the first 3 rounds and drafted a QB. The Titans had a good draft. The Giants did okay I guess. They should have picked a better CB in the 1st round.

The Browns are piling up on picks, also the Browns literally drafted 5 WRs in this draft.

Yeah the Bills draft looked pretty good, same with the active Titans who I am PISSED they took Derrick Henry literally the fucking pick before the Lions went up and we could really use a power back as we let go Bell and Zenner is a question mark after missing most of last season...

As for the Browns, it is easy to do that when you have 14 fucking picks in the draft. I still thought they should have taken Paxton Lynch with their first pick instead of Coleman. They DID get a QB so we shall see what happens. I have a theory that they may be focused on getting a specific QB next year, which is why they traded back so much this year.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1248 GameboyTroy

@LostProphetFLCL said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Yeah the Bills draft looked pretty good, same with the active Titans who I am PISSED they took Derrick Henry literally the fucking pick before the Lions went up and we could really use a power back as we let go Bell and Zenner is a question mark after missing most of last season...

As for the Browns, it is easy to do that when you have 14 fucking picks in the draft. I still thought they should have taken Paxton Lynch with their first pick instead of Coleman. They DID get a QB so we shall see what happens. I have a theory that they may be focused on getting a specific QB next year, which is why they traded back so much this year.

The Titans have a new GM. That was cold-blooded. Some people think Henry is overrated.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1249 LostProphetFLCL

@GameboyTroy said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:
@GameboyTroy said:

The Titans have a new GM. That was cold-blooded. Some people think Henry is overrated.

Would have preferred Elliot but he got snatched almost immediately.

Really, we just need an every down back right now. Abdullah has potential but he is not a power back and not the type of back you expect to take a ton of snaps. Pair him with a power back though and that combined with our hopefully improved o-line sets up a nice running game to balance the pass attack.

I know we got a back in the 7th round but it is my understanding he is VERY similar to Abdullah in that he is a receiving back with fumble issues.

Hopefully they smarten up and move Riddick to a receiver spot and stop pretending like he has the ability to run the ball. He has never been great on the ground, but he has actually been a DAMN good receiver and one of the more overlooked players in the league IMO.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1250  Edited By GameboyTroy

The preseason starts in a few weeks.

http://www.nfl.com/