deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Only four days left until free agency, but it has already been a pretty crazy offseason. As we all know, McCoy was traded to the Bills, Wilfork was released by the Pats, and now Brandon Marshall has been traded to the Jets. Meanwhile, there is one of the most dominant free agent classes we have seen in years. Suh, Murray, J. Thomas, are only a few of the top names that will test the free market. Where do you think they will end up?

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Going to be a VERY interesting offseason. Bills already looking to push for the playoffs.

For my Lions this is a huge offseason. Got to get this DT situation settled, another RB, some CB help, O-line improvement and I would also like them to add a solid #3 reciever.

Tis a lot but they can manage it if they are smart both in free agency and the draft.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Going to be a VERY interesting offseason. Bills already looking to push for the playoffs.

For my Lions this is a huge offseason. Got to get this DT situation settled, another RB, some CB help, O-line improvement and I would also like them to add a solid #3 reciever.

Tis a lot but they can manage it if they are smart both in free agency and the draft.

Bills looking good, but how many times have we said that the past five years? Speaking of Detroit, it appears Miami is the favorite to land Suh. I think whoever nabs him will be overpaying, he is a great player but I'm not sure if he is worth the contract he is going to get.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LostProphetFLCL

@sherman-tank1: Honestly haven't been truly following the game long enough to say that about the Bills. Considering they barely missed the playoffs last year and their moves so far are correcting their horrid offense while their defense was great last year, I don't think them making the playoffs is a huge stretch.

As for Suh, I feel so damn conflicted with him. He is a fabtastic player and I feel he is a huge part of what made the Lions D so dominant last year, but at the same time his antics get old and I too think he is going to get overpaid.

He might be a Scherzer scenario where I am sad to see him go, but at the same time I am so glad my team isn't being bogged down by that huge contract (and Scherzers contract is completely fucking insane and way more than he is worth).

Just curious to see how this free agency goes. I feel the Lions either take a RB or DT in the first round. It will come down to what hole they manage to fill in free agency.

Oh and word is the Eagles have a deal set to trade up to the 6th pick if Marriota falls that far. Wonder if they are working on any deals with any other team higher than the Jets.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Looks like the Dolphins are getting Suh for a lot of $.

Wake and Suh vs Brady should be interesting if this is true.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Suh getting $114M over 6 years with the Dolphins. As a Patriots fan I'm not sure if I should be happy about how obvious of an overpay this is from the divisional rival closest to challenging us or fear from Brady's life. If I were a Lions or Raiders fan however, I'd be relieved as hell right now.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LostProphetFLCL

@Boston_Boyy: Yeah that is too much money for Suh, especially when I worry he might get lazy now that he has a big contract.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Boston_Boyy

Devin McCourtey re-signed for 47.5M over 5 years. Most Pats fans, myself included, would tell you that's a pretty solid deal for both sides here, particularly when you look around the market and see similarly-valued players like Byron Maxwell getting $53M over 5 years. Now if we can get Revis locked up we'll be sitting pretty for the remainder of next year and going into next season.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

@Boston_Boyy said:

Devin McCourtey re-signed for 47.5M over 5 years. Most Pats fans, myself included, would tell you that's a pretty solid deal for both sides here, particularly when you look around the market and see similarly-valued players like Byron Maxwell getting $53M over 5 years. Now if we can get Revis locked up we'll be sitting pretty for the remainder of next year and going into next season.

I hope they can get either Vereen or Connolly too. Vereen is our only proven third down back, and Connolly was part of the o-line combo that rode us to the Super Bowl.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

The difference between the current Bills and the Bills of the past is we have an owner now who will actually spend more than 75% of the cap and we have a GM who looks like the real deal - he can draft, sign FAs to good contracts, and went 9-7 in his first year with a retard as a head coach and Uncle Rico for a QB.

AFC better watch the f*** out because we coming. And this time, our offense should be able to score more than 16 points a game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

@DaJuicyMan said:

The difference between the current Bills and the Bills of the past is we have an owner now who will actually spend more than 75% of the cap and we have a GM who looks like the real deal - he can draft, sign FAs to good contracts, and went 9-7 in his first year with a retard as a head coach and Uncle Rico for a QB.

AFC better watch the f*** out because we coming. And this time, our offense should be able to score more than 16 points a game.

Really pissed Rex is still in the division. Bills are going to at least split with us for sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

J. Graham to the Seahawks. Wow that came out of nowhere.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GotFiveRings
Member since 2009 • 641 Posts

Once again, LMFAO @ Egals. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Wtf is Chip Kelly doing? McDaniels 2.0.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LostProphetFLCL

Apparently the Lions are trading for Ngata. Haven't seen it said what the Lions are sending to Baltimore, but this really is just a perfect move. Not sure they could have replaced Suh any better.

Once again they started out free agency with a pretty epic pickup. Looking f9rward to seeing what else they do.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Going through so many emotions right now.

@monkeytoes61, tell me that it's all going to be okay

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GotFiveRings

@Silverbond said:

Going through so many emotions right now.

@monkeytoes61, tell me that it's all going to be okay

Taints got good compensation I think.

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By sfkm2
Member since 2005 • 67813 Posts

@sherman-tank1 said:

J. Graham to the Seahawks. Wow that came out of nowhere.

(1st Pic: This is me thinking in my thoughts about the Saints decision)

(2nd Gif: This is me learning that Jimmy going to the SeaHawks)

I hope he survives over there. Remember the last time these two encounter. It wasn't pretty. Let's get real. This needs to be done. We need a new valuable tight end without complaining. I just hope we don't make the same mistake like last season.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Blake Bortles and Julias Thomas are going to be a scary duo for the next 4 games before Thomas injures himself.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

Wow, Eagles traded foles for Bradford.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GotFiveRings

@Chutebox said:

No. They traded Foles and a 2nd rounder next year for Sam Bradford and his $13 million cap hit. LMAO. "We wanna pay Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford $17 million combined, but **** paying LeSean Mccoy $10 million this year." HILARIOUS SHIT!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chutebox

@GotFiveRings said:

@Chutebox said:

No. They traded Foles and a 2nd rounder next year for Sam Bradford and his $13 million cap hit. LMAO. "We wanna pay Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford $17 million combined, but **** paying LeSean Mccoy $10 million this year." HILARIOUS SHIT!

Ya...I love the new Eagles. Chip is pulling a Spurrier.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

@GotFiveRings said:

@Chutebox said:

This is the rob of the offseason. That trade is wrong on so many levels.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Boston_Boyy

Ugh, Vereen and Revis both gone, both at deals I honestly I would have been more than okay with the Patriots matching. I BB & co could invest this cap space somewhere else, they should have the inside track to re-sign Browner and if not Antonio Cromartie provides nice alternative, Terrence Knighton could slide nicely into Big Vince's spot and there a similarly-price alternatives at RB (Forsett, Spiller, Mathews). Regardless the absence of borderline Hall of Fame level talent in Revis won't be easy to overcome next year.

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By sfkm2
Member since 2005 • 67813 Posts

Now I'm mad. Pierre Thomas is not a saint anymore. Heck. I know the love we, who dat nation, have for Mark. BUT during the last few games in the 2014-2015 season, he made errors such as fumbles. (that was when Thomas was out)

Sean... What happen to Get the job done and not screw it up. In other news.... What is Chipp thinking about? This is worst than Sean letting go of Darren S. I hope this season is better than last season for ALL teams. Last Season felt Idk Known this or that will happen. Only non surprise was Johnny Football. (that's what happen when you build all that hype on him)

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LostProphetFLCL

Eagles only hope is if they can land Marriota by some miracle. I honestly think the Bradford mess might be part of some weird scheme Kelly has for trading up for Marriota.

I think we are starting to see the beginning of the end for the Patriots stranglehold on their division. If it doesn't happen this year it might happen next year. They are getting gutted right now while every other team in the division is making improvements.

As for my Lions, love their getting Ngata, but I am waiting for them to do more than re-sign their players. Want them to add another DT or two (re-sign Mosley and bring in one more DT), a cornerback, and maybe one or two more O-line guys in free agency. Then take whatever top RB is available in the first round of the draft, and then maybe go for a young o-liner and WR with the 2nd and 3rd picks.

Just my totally not-experienced two-cents.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

I hope Murray goes to the Egals.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Boston_Boyy

Murray is gone and frankly I wouldn't be too sad about it right now if I were a Cowboys fan, it's no a terrible deal but not I frankly wouldn't give any RB in the league that contract right now. Murray is one of the better RBs in the league but he's striking while the iron is hot, which just so happens to be after his first 16-game season and a near-historic 449 touches.

The more befuddling move by the Eagles to me is acquiring Sam Bradford for Nick Foles and a second round pick. I wouldn't trade either Nick Foles OR a second round pick for Bradford, much less both.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GotFiveRings

@Put_in_Kitna: **** that traitor!! Hope he tears both ACLs.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LostProphetFLCL

Wouldn't want Murray on my team. Has injury and fumble issues. Last year was a major fluke and the Eagles will really regret taking Murray instead of keeping McCoy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Eagles are committing financial suicide by signing both Mathews and Murray. It is not always sunny in Philadelphia.

GotFiveRings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GotFiveRings

Chip Kelly makes no sense with the "we traded mccoy to free up money to sign Maxwell", but they'll pay Bradford 13 million and two RBs a combined 12 million instead. Have fun playing with Sam Bradford. You two OU fucks can suck each other off on the bench when you're both down with knee injuries.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

@sherman-tank1@Boston_Boyy

Yo, Pats fans, tell me about Brandon Browner. I'm kinda hoping the FO hasn't completely lost their minds.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Boston_Boyy

@Silverbond: I think he's worth the price tag. He only played 12 games for us and was solid at times but committed far too many penalties (19 I believe) owed in part to the NFL's crackdown on defensive holding this year.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Boston_Boyy

Can't lie though. This has been a pretty underwhelming offseason so far. Almost all of the players I suggested we might sign without the Revis contract earlier have been picked up, as of right now and with a limited free agent pool left we have a bunch of 3rd and 4th corners, a bunch of question marks at running back and no obvious replacement for Wilfork.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Seabas989

Murray is a great back (I like the way he plays the game) but last season was one of those rare moments when he stayed healthy. Plus he does fumble a lot. Plus what about Mathews (another injury prone RB) and Sproles?

Wonder what the Cowgirls will do? Maybe get Peterson or draft a RB. Or else Garret will have Romo throw the ball a lot (which I don't mind lol).

Glad my team didn't spend big money so far but I hope they don't draft Mariota.

EDIT: Darren McFadden?

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Boston_Boyy

Chirs Borland is retiring due to head trauma. God hates San Francisco.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@Boston_Boyy said:

Chirs Borland is retiring due to head trauma. God hates San Francisco.

Fears over it, he doesn't have head trauma.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#38 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

I like the Graham trade. We weren't going to be able to pay Unger next year when his contract was up and we just waste first round picks anyways. Graham is a game changer. Can't bring that safety into the box to stop Lynch anymore, because Jimmy will have his way up the seam. Fairly low risk for potentially sky-high reward, Schneider and Carroll are incredible.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chutebox

@monkeytoes61 said:

I like the Graham trade. We weren't going to be able to pay Unger next year when his contract was up and we just waste first round picks anyways. Graham is a game changer. Can't bring that safety into the box to stop Lynch anymore, because Jimmy will have his way up the seam. Fairly low risk for potentially sky-high reward, Schneider and Carroll are incredible.

They can't pay Unger but they can pay Graham?

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Boston_Boyy

Draft in two weeks, outside of Winston presumably going #1 what do you all see happening and hope for your own teams. Personally I think someone, possibly the Jets, will move up #2 and snag Mariota. For the top 10 of the round I like: Fowler to JAX at #3, Cooper to OAK at #4, Williams to WAS at #5, Beasley to TEN (if the trade is with the Jets) at #6, White to CHI at #7, Ray to ATL at #8, Schreff to NYG at #9, Peat to STL at #10. As a stray thought I really think someone is going to steal Dorial Green-Beckham, he's a top 10 talent falling to the late 1st-early 2nd due to 'character concerns' but I honestly think people are overreacting to Josh Gordon and his issues aren't any worse than presumed #1 overall pick Jameis Winston. As for the Patriots it's kind of excited to get hyped about the 32nd pick, but I guess someone like Jordan Phillips or Eddie Goldman could provide a nice replacement for Wilfork.

Oh and sidenote but was so satisfying to watch Aaron Hernandez be convicted today, **** him first and foremost for being a psychopath and a murderer, but as a Pats fan I won't deny what he did to our franchise feels personal.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts

@Boston_Boyy:

What's the local scene like in Boston following Aaron Hernandez verdict?

IBeenEASY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42 IBeenEASY
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@PSP107: iono about every one else, but im a ma native, huge pats fan (patriots talk on youtube: in the corner) but im happy as hell to see that piece of ish locked up, any one looking to see millions of dollars thrown down the drain with some dreams sprinkled on top, just look at that man, alot of people around here are tierd of the hernandez thing, we knew he was getting locked, lol bostons been upset about revis, let me tell you that !!

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Boston_Boyy

Adrian Peterson will be reinstated tomorrow. I think it was about time, though I'm definitely not trying to come across as an apologist for his behavior either. It will be interesting to see what happens now after all the feuding these past few months, though I think he'll ultimately probably end up with the Vikings, if only for financial reasons.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Boston_Boyy

Tim Tebow has been signed by the Eagles. Pretty certain Chip Kelly is just fucking with us at this point.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Seabas989

@Boston_Boyy said:

Tim Tebow has been signed by the Eagles. Pretty certain Chip Kelly is just fucking with us at this point.

Loading Video...

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#46 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9723 Posts

The Bradford thing with the Eagles will probably be a disaster. They might as well mix in the ground and pound with their spread offence. The Giants' defence will have a lot of fun with Bradford.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Chutebox

@GameboyTroy said:

The Bradford thing with the Eagles will probably be a disaster. They might as well mix in the ground and pound with their spread offence. The Giants' defence will have a lot of fun with Bradford.

Bradford might be going to chargersif rumors are true, with titans getting rivers and eagles moving up to get Marcus.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By GameboyTroy
@Chutebox said:

@GameboyTroy said:

Bradford might be going to chargersif rumors are true, with titans getting rivers and eagles moving up to get Marcus.

Bradford would be a downgrade from Rivers. The Titans are a mess, Nate Washington is gone, their run defence is pathetic and their GM needs to be fired and Rivers would leave the team at the end of the season if that happened. Which team are the Eagles going to trade up with?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chutebox

they would move up for Titans spot i'm guessing since they are up there.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GameboyTroy

@Chutebox said:

they would move up for Titans spot i'm guessing since they are up there.

If the Titans did that I'd boycott them. Thats not option for the Titans. They NEED a DE really badly or get a QB in the 1st round.