Roy Moore, Republican Senate Nominee, Accused of Inappropriate Encounter With Underage Girl

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@kod said:
@perfect_blue said:

The article makes it seem like it was unwanted as well, especially since a child can't consent. Here's some quotes:

There's also the issue of Moore, being an authority figure, preying on a vulnerable person whose family is going through divorce.

Right, again, this is not what im arguing.

The only thing ive attempted to get through peoples thick skulls are that society has had different views on these things in the past. If you notice, we have 20,000 a year currently, that has been an ever dropping number since.... forever. When we get back to the 70s and the baby boomers, being married as a 14, 15, 16 year old was fairly common and accepted.

Because of this significant societal view change, i dont think its acceptable to hold this person to the same standards we do today. My first analogy was like berating a 90 year old for smoking a drinking while pregnant. Which no reasonable person would do, because they didnt know what we know now on that subject and societies views have changed on it.

It was NOT common in the 70s for high school children to be married.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 LJS9502_basic

Median age of marriage 1979.....men 24.4 and women 22.1

Yeah kod...........not high school age.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

The law says society viewed it wrong. You are wrong. You're an apologist for sexual deviants.

Also it's a false analogy. And by the 70s we already had the Civil Rights movement. While racism existed it wasn't okay.

1. Laws say marijuana is wrong. How does society feel about it? Laws for military still say cheating on your spouse in a crime, how does society feel about that? Unless you can apply this across the board, then don't try to apply it here. You cant pick and choose that rationale.

2. What the **** are you talking about? The civil rights movement was about rights, they didnt nit pick over words used aside from "nigger". You're really full of shit today buddy, i suggest going back to bed and trying again.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 LJS9502_basic

@kod: I'm talking about the law here. Stop equivocating.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#155  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@kod said:

Right, again, this is not what im arguing.

The only thing ive attempted to get through peoples thick skulls are that society has had different views on these things in the past. If you notice, we have 20,000 a year currently, that has been an ever dropping number since.... forever. When we get back to the 70s and the baby boomers, being married as a 14, 15, 16 year old was fairly common and accepted.

Because of this significant societal view change, i dont think its acceptable to hold this person to the same standards we do today. My first analogy was like berating a 90 year old for smoking a drinking while pregnant. Which no reasonable person would do, because they didnt know what we know now on that subject and societies views have changed on it. But is anyone going to argue that what we're talking about here is worse than that? Is anyone here going to say we shouldnt apply the era difference?

Sure, I just wanted to add that the issue was unwanted sexual advances too since I read your post and it seemed you were unaware that it was unwanted.

In terms of your argument, I understand the rationale but even in 1979 it doesn't seem like children were being married off at that age.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By KOD

@LJS9502_basic said:

In fact, the lowest median age of first marriage since the early 1700s was had by the baby boom generation, where the age dropped to 20.5 years in 1950.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/02/teen-girls-stop-commonly-getting-married/

Whatever the exact number is, you're doing your best to miss the point. You are actually attempting to avoid the reality of what is being said to you.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Lets not turn this into a subjective debate on the ethics and morality of a 32 year old having sexual relations with a 14 year old.

It is a crime. End of discussion

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@kod said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

In fact, the lowest median age of first marriage since the early 1700s was had by the baby boom generation, where the age dropped to 20.5 years in 1950.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/02/teen-girls-stop-commonly-getting-married/

https://www.thespruce.com/estimated-median-age-marriage-2303878

Not that this has ANYTHING to do with marriage but clearly the ages were not as young as you make this out to be.

What is important here is she was below the age of consent.

It was unwanted sexual advances which are illegal regardless of age.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 LJS9502_basic

@zaryia said:

Lets not turn this into a subjective debate on the ethics and morality of a 32 year old having sexual relations with a 14 year old.

Indeed. For some reason kod........and only kod........is defending the indefensible.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 KOD

@perfect_blue said:

In terms of your argument, I understand the rationale but even in 1979 it doesn't seem like children were being married off at that age.

When we have 20,000 cases a year in the states and thats been a dropping number since we started counting (with an increased population now) it definitely says it was far more common. And all you have to do is speak to someone over the age of 50. This didnt come out of no where for me, in fact i changed my views on how to handle situations like this because on a few topics i tried doing the same thing, and then got owned by some elders i know on how things were so much different back then. And you know what happened when i brought this up (neighborhood bingo... yes i play bingo with seniors)? Thats what they said. The data, seems to match what they have said, so ill go with it.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 KOD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@zaryia said:

Indeed. For some reason kod........and only kod........is defending the indefensible.

Of course if you were capable of reading you'd know i never attempted this.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 LJS9502_basic

@kod said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@zaryia said:

Of course if you were capable of reading you'd know i never attempted this.

Sure you are or you wouldn't be arguing with everyone with your ridiculous attempts to paint 1979 as some ancient time wherein people married younger. Funny how several people in this thread came to the same conclusion reading your posts.

Perhaps your prose is the problem.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By KOD

@LJS9502_basic said:

Sure you are or you wouldn't be arguing with everyone with your ridiculous attempts to paint 1979 as some ancient time wherein people married younger. Funny how several people in this thread came to the same conclusion reading your posts.

Again, this is not an attempt to debate the "ethics" or "morality" of it. Merely to point out that society had different views back then and to judge this person so harshly is to do so by today's standards. This is why i kept trying to give you analogies, but those are often lost on you.

Do you really want to know my moral or ethical stance on it? I dont think sex falls into moral or ethical standards unless its rape or pedophilia. Its not rape and its not pedophilia.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 LJS9502_basic

@kod said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Again, this is not an attempt to debate the "ethics" or "morality" of it. Merely to point out that society had different views back then and to judge this person so harshly is to do so by today's standards. This is why i kept trying to give you analogies, but those are often lost on you.

Do you really want to know my moral or ethical stance on it? I dont think sex falls into moral or ethical standards unless its rape or pedophilia. Its not rape and its not pedophilia.

And once again I'm telling you that society said 14 was too young. Period. Hence why the law says 16. Also it's sexual assault....both then and now. So stop with the excuses.

And now with your last paragraph I hope people see why I said you defend the indefensible. Right there you say sexual assault is okay as long as it's not with prepubescent children nor actual rape.

Disgusting.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#165 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No I never said that either. And you cannot say he's innocent of the charges either. It's just another R next to a name so you give them a pass all the time. Seriously Republicans have become the biggest hypocrites ever. You accuse Democrats without any court rendering but let someone say something about a Republican and you all whine smear campaign. Going by that then Hilary lost because of a smear campaign by Republicans. You cannot have it both ways.

You are one of the biggest hypocrites here by the way. Always a double standard when it's your party. Disgusting. No integrity. Nothing but lies.

So what evidence do you have that he is guilty? and don't come with a stupid answer like "the women said so"

Also look up hypocrite, because you seem to not understand what that is.

What evidence do you have that he's innocent?

And don't come up with a stupid answer like because he said so.

I understand hypocrite quite well. You have accused Clinton of various things and they were even proven false but you keep repeating them. In this case you don't know if he did it or not but you say no.

And that makes you a hypocrite.

I don´t need any evidence to prove he is innocent. I hate to repeat myself but you are innocent until proven guilty not reverse.

And please do in the Clinton thread and not here , quote me on those things i have said that is proven wrong. You know factual wrong not "wrong" because your side is a saint and you believe that.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By KOD

@LJS9502_basic said:

And once again I'm telling you that society said 14 was too young. Period. Hence why the law says 16. Also it's sexual assault....both then and now. So stop with the excuses.

No, no, no. You were the one who decided to bring up the difference between how society felt versus the law. The law said 14 was too young, society seemed to say something different. Not only have we established that even today there is a surprisingly high number of people in society who feels this is acceptable, but we've also established that this has been a decreasing number.

@LJS9502_basic said:

And now with your last paragraph I hope people see why I said you defend the indefensible. Right there you say sexual assault is okay as long as it's not with prepubescent children nor actual rape.

I just fucking said i felt the only moral or ethics with sex is rape and pedophilia, RAPE meaning forced sex or sexual acts... sexual assault, tends to fall in that category. Its the unwanted physical contact that makes it unethical/immoral. And what exactly are we talking about here? Because you've been saying unwanted sexual advances, not sexual assault... these are two very different things.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk:

This is not a court of law. Why do you pretend it is?

This is a discussion about a senator that has been accused of being a sexual predator and it's okay to say that's disgusting. It's okay as individuals to find this behavior a reason not to elect him.

Having that ideology of not inferring guilt while on a jury and listening to evidence and reaching a conclusion is fine.

Always forming an opinion that the accuser is lying is not fine.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:

@Jacanuk said:

Your opinion on WaPo is noted, but it is a fact that they have 30 people on the record as sources. You are entitled to your own opinions, not your own facts. I linked Maher because he made an excellent point on the partisan hypocrisy on this issue. I didn't see many liberals defending the latest string of sexual deviants. What the conservatives have been doing over the last few days has been nothing short of sickening. And you're directly repeating the talking points of Bannon and Hannity, it is absolutely disgusting.

@kod said:

Im not a fan of giving pedo's a pass, in fact its one of the few times i support the death penalty (because of the undoing damage it can do for generations). But given these were teens in an era that promoted these relationships.... give the man a pass. Its also worth noting the legal age of consent in Alabama since 1979 is 16. So the other two are not even worth mentioning.

She was 14, and that is illegal. No one is going to give him a pass on this if it is true.

Did you post the same article as you claim now? because no where in that story does they state they have 30 sources backing this women up. And no other media reports that, they all report the fact that she is alone and the only one backing her a bit is her mom.

So please do link to those 30 sources who all credible backs her side up.

Also i think you are forgetting that most of Hollywood are liberals and they have all either confirmed it or have been met with credible proof. so don´t make this into a partisan issue. The only fact here is that a few weeks before the special election, this suddenly comes up from a source who is not known for their fact checking abilities and where they have been proven wrong by other media outlets.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:

Did you post the same article as you claim now? because no where in that story does they state they have 30 sources backing this women up. And no other media reports that, they all report the fact that she is alone and the only one backing her a bit is her mom.

Also i think you are forgetting that most of Hollywood are liberals and they have all either confirmed it or have been met with credible proof. so don´t make this into a partisan issue. The only fact here is that a few weeks before the special election, this suddenly comes up from a source who is not known for their fact checking abilities and where they have been proven wrong by other media outlets.

If it's not partisan why do you defend Republicans but condemn Democrats?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

If it's not partisan why do you defend Republicans but condemn Democrats?

Which democrat have been accused of the same?

And i would argue the same if this had been a democrat accused of this a short time before a special election with the same amount of "evidence". Not to mention before CK admitted it himself, i said the same thing about his situation. And last i checked CK is a liberal.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

http://variety.com/2017/politics/news/roy-moore-alabama-senate-candidate-sexual-allegations-1202612364/

A number of other Republicans, including Senate Majority Mitch McConnell and Vice President Mike Pence, have said the same. Others, like Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona) and Mitt Romney, have said he should exit the race immediately, apparently confident of the veracity of the Post story. The writers cited 30 sources in their report.

Fox, CNN, and other channels have also stated specifically 30 sources for that story (On TV). Btw, It was not just the mothers, it was also friends and records.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:

@Jacanuk said:

http://variety.com/2017/politics/news/roy-moore-alabama-senate-candidate-sexual-allegations-1202612364/

A number of other Republicans, including Senate Majority Mitch McConnell and Vice President Mike Pence, have said the same. Others, like Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona) and Mitt Romney, have said he should exit the race immediately, apparently confident of the veracity of the Post story. The writers cited 30 sources in their report.

Fox, CNN, and other channels have also stated specifically 30 sources for that story (On TV). Btw, It was not just the mothers, it was also friends and records.

I think you need to read what is being said.

The Post's report was based on interviews with 30 people. None of the four women approached the newspaper, the Post says; reporters reached out to them after hearing rumors about Moore's behavior in the '70s and '80s.

Even the post says they interviewed 30 people in total, not that 30 independently all backed this women up. They talked with 30 people out of those 4 came forward , 3 of which were all legal and 1 who claims that she at 14 had some encounter.

So nice try but right now this smells rotten and seems to be a character assassination on a possible republican senator who does not crumble like the 3 "moderates"

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

Even the post says they interviewed 30 people in total, not that 30 independently all backed this women up. They talked with 30 people out of those 4 came forward , 3 of which were all legal and 1 who claims that she at 14 had some encounter.

That was your own goal post move. I've always just stated the WaPo article has 30 sources. I never compartmentalized them.

You thought I was lying, you ended up wrong. As usual.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk: I think you need a reread.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

That was your own goal post move. I've always just stated the WaPo article has 30 sources. I never compartmentalized them.

You are lying , they don't have 30 sources , they have 4 where 3 is legal and nothing to come after but is used to create a basis for the 4th.

It's kinda sad that you twist facts like this but i am not surprised , it´s your normal m.o.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

You are lying , they don't have 30 sources , they have 4 where 3 is legal and nothing to come after but is used to create a basis for the 4th.

It's kinda sad that you twist facts like this but i am not surprised , it´s your normal m.o.

LOL and WOW. You just quoted about about 30 sources and now you say no. Are you feeling okay?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

You are lying , they don't have 30 sources

This is incorrect. These are defined as 30 sources for that article.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

You are lying , they don't have 30 sources

This is incorrect. These are defined as 30 sources for that article.

Try to read what it actual says. They interviewed 30 people who knew moore , not that they interviewed 30 people who confirmed this womans story.

Also you really think if 30 people all said the same thing Moore would still be in the election.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

So does the article have 30 sources or not? This was the initial claim you denied.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

So does the article have 30 sources or not? This was the initial claim you denied.

Did the post interview 30 people , yes.

Did the 30 people back up Corfman in her story. No.

So spin it all you want, but the facts are there. There are no evidence but the woman herself over something that happened almost 40 years ago.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Did the 30 people back up Corfman in her story. No.

So spin it all you want, but the facts are there. There are no evidence but the woman herself over something that happened almost 40 years ago.

Link?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

So you were wrong. Good to know.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

So I were wrong. Good to know.

Stop cutting my posts to fit your narrative, it´s getting annoying.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

Stop cutting my posts to fit your narrative, it´s getting annoying.

Huh,

@Jacanuk said:

@zaryia: 30 sources now.

Please do link to a credible source of those 30.

@Jacanuk said:

You are talking nonsense. And there is not multiple sources, the whole article is based around the one women claiming that she has a encounter 40 years ago. And then to cover the inadequacies in the story, the journalists uses some legal women who seems a bit more credible but have nothing to bring to the table.

You were saying?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Jacanuk

@zaryia: Again there is one single source as to the woman who claimed of the encounter when she was 14.

How Moore was with 16-17-18-19 year olds is beside the point since the age of consent is 16.

So stop trying to spin this to fit your idea that he is guilty.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk

I'm telling you the WaPo article has 30 sources, which is an objective fact. You denied this fact, thus you were wrong and lost. As such, nothing indicates the WaPo article is a smear or completely false.

You are defending an alleged sexual predator due to your party affiliation. Based off of nothing. It's sickening.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:

@Jacanuk

I'm telling you the WaPo article has 30 sources, which is an objective fact. You denied this fact, thus you were wrong and lost. As such, nothing indicates the WaPo article is a smear or completely false.

You are defending an alleged sexual predator due to your party affiliation. Based off of nothing. It's sickening.

No you are misrepresentation the facts.

For someone who does not bother actually looking into the story, what you are saying sounds like there are 30 people accusing Moore of having some sort of relationship with a 14 year old girl, you even point it out when you claim he is guilty.

And come on you know this, so stop trying to act like this spin comes as a surprise.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 LJS9502_basic

Hmmmm...jacanuk padding his post count again. LOL

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

@Jacanuk

For someone who does not bother actually looking into the story, what you are saying sounds like there are 30 people accusing Moore of having some sort of relationship with a 14 year old girl, you even point it out when you claim he is guilty.

And come on you know this, so stop trying to act like this spin comes as a surprise.

I never stated that. I also never stated he was 100% guilty. Hence "allegations".

The only spin is anyone trying to say WaPo is doing a smear campaign and this is all fictional with absolutely nothing to back up such wild claims.

That puts me in the middle. Not calling the man 100% Guilty, also not stating WaPo is false. You, Hannity, Bannon would be the far right in this situation - smearing these women for your team.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

@Jacanuk

I never stated that. I also never stated he was 100% guilty. Hence "allegations".

The only spin is anyone trying to say WaPo is doing a smear campaign and this is all fictional with absolutely nothing to back up such wild claims.

That puts me in the middle. Not calling the man 100% Guilty, also not stating WaPo is false. You, Hannity, Bannon would be the far right in this situation - smearing these women for your team.

Yes, you did indeed state that and you even begun using the pedo word to make sure you got the maximum effect.

And right now it does seem like Washout post is attempting to put a wrench in the republican wheel in Alabama, as the pundits even said on CNN, if this was any other media outlet or a DA they would never have gone any where with it, because it´s simply to thin and does not hold credibility

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

And right now it does seem like Washout post is attempting to put a wrench in the republican wheel in Alabama

So you're saying the story is a hoax?

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Holy shit.

Jacanuk is a perfect example of what happens when you live and breath Fox News 24/7.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12575 Posts

Reminds me of Donovan's Mellow Yellow song... Saying he's in love with Saffron who's 14(he was 21 when he wrote the song)... Same song singing about vibrators lol.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

I have changed my stance on Mr. Moore and this being a smear campaign. After further revelations and his interview with Sean Hannity only a fool can conclude absolutely nothing happened with underage girls.

The timing isn't great but that is politics in America. Sucks to be that guy. He's branded for the rest of his life.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#195 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Moore has threatened to sue the Washington Post over the allegations

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/360058-moore-threatens-to-sue-washington-post-over-allegations

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Jacanuk

@drlostrib said:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/360058-moore-threatens-to-sue-washington-post-over-allegations

A threat is not the same as actually filing one.

But this is clearly a PR stunt and also the only thing he could do , if he had done nothing you guys on the left would use it as a "proof" of his guilty.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By DrLostRib
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:

Yes, thank you for recapping that it says he has threatened to sue

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Jacanuk

@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:

Yes,

Good. So we have now confirmed you know this.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 DrLostRib

@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:
@Jacanuk said:
@drlostrib said:

Yes, thank you for recapping that it says he has threatened to sue

Good. So we have now confirmed you know this.

Whoops, fixed that for ya. I mean, it says it in the original post so I'm not sure what you are taking issue with

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 DrLostRib

Apparently Mcconnell has now said he believes the women and that Moore should step aside