Roy Moore, Republican Senate Nominee, Accused of Inappropriate Encounter With Underage Girl

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Roy Moore, the Republican Nominee for the Alabama Senate Seat has been accused of initiating a sexual encounter with a 14 year old when he was 32. Three other women have said that Moore attempted relationships when they were 16-18 years old

The details of the encounter are in this article

Moore and his campaign have denied these allegations, accusing the DNC and Washington Post of fake newsery

“These allegations are completely false and are a desperate political attack by the National Democrat Party and the Washington Post on this campaign,” Moore, now 70, said.

The campaign said in a subsequent statement that if the allegations were true they would have surfaced during his previous campaigns, adding “this garbage is the very definition of fake news.”

The Post has denied these allegations

Senate Republicans have said that if these allegations are true then Moore should exit the Senate race

“If these allegations are true, he must step aside,” McConnell said in a formal statement on behalf of all Republican senators.

“The allegations against Roy Moore are deeply disturbing and disqualifying,” McCain said. “He should immediately step aside and allow the people of Alabama to elect a candidate they can be proud of.”

Although some Alabama state officials seemed to be less worried about the issue

He was quoted as saying that even if the Washington Post report were true, "it's much ado about very little".

Mr Zeigler told the Washington Times newspaper: "Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus."

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@drlostrib said:

He was quoted as saying that even if the Washington Post report were true, "it's much ado about very little".

Mr Zeigler told the Washington Times newspaper: "Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus."

Fucking seriously?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@drlostrib said:

Roy Moore, the Republican Nominee for the Alabama Senate Seat has been accused of initiating a sexual encounter with a 14 year old when he was 32. Three other women have said that Moore attempted relationships when they were 16-18 years old

The details of the encounter are in this article

Moore and his campaign have denied these allegations, accusing the DNC and Washington Post of fake newsery

“These allegations are completely false and are a desperate political attack by the National Democrat Party and the Washington Post on this campaign,” Moore, now 70, said.

The campaign said in a subsequent statement that if the allegations were true they would have surfaced during his previous campaigns, adding “this garbage is the very definition of fake news.”

The Post has denied these allegations

Senate Republicans have said that if these allegations are true then Moore should exit the Senate race

“If these allegations are true, he must step aside,” McConnell said in a formal statement on behalf of all Republican senators.

“The allegations against Roy Moore are deeply disturbing and disqualifying,” McCain said. “He should immediately step aside and allow the people of Alabama to elect a candidate they can be proud of.”

Hmm, this does seem strange and looks like a attack from the Post in the wake of the Weinstein scandal. ‘

But if its true about the 14 year old girl then he has a serious problem.

The rest tho 18 year old girl is legal and there are plenty of 30-40-50´s who date 18-20 year old girls and while i myself find the age difference disturbing, there is nothing illegal about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Hmm, this does seem strange and looks like a attack from the Post in the wake of the Weinstein scandal. ‘

The rest tho 18 year old girl is legal and there are plenty of 30-40-50´s who date 18-20 year old girls and while i myself find the age difference disturbing, there is nothing illegal about it.

What does this have to do with Harvey Weinstein? What a strange leap to make.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@perfect_blue said:
@Jacanuk said:

Jacanuk has a talent for making strange leaps.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41525 Posts

Yet, Breitbart defends him, while they condemn Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Serraph105 said:

Jacanuk has a talent for making strange leaps.

That's true, he is insane after all.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Got to love this guy. A judge that was removed from his post for unconstitutional actions, has strong anti gay rhetoric, part of the 'moral majority', and now this.

He's a dirt bag and the GOP is best to drop him.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

1. Your post makes no sense. The Weinstein scandal was initially broken by the "liberal" NYT. New portions of that story were broken by WaPo. They covered it extensively. Right Wings sources broke almost nothing on this scandal. This is because they just don't really have much investigative journalism. It's mostly shitty blogs and youtube channels that make op-eds based off of real reporting by real publications.

2. WaPo doesn't make political attacks in investigative pieces. They leans center-left, you are describing tactics that far far left or right sources might use, and mostly just in op-eds. Are you new to news? The way you talk about the news sounds like you literally started following it for the 2016 election, and by tweet.

The Washington Post movie starring Tom Hanks is probably gonna trigger you.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DrLostRib

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Got to love this guy. A judge that was removed from his post for unconstitutional actions, has strong anti gay rhetoric, part of the 'moral majority', and now this.

wasn't he removed twice?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

wasn't he removed twice?

He sure was.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

If true, hope they lock him up.

virtuous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 virtuous
Member since 2017 • 51 Posts

The principal of innocent until proven guilty necessitates that the burden of proof is upon the accuser and The Washington Post is acting irresponsible by publishing such allegations when not only has no evidence been provided to corroborate the accusations but is based on events that allegedly happened many years ago making it almost impossible to verify these accusations be they true or untrue. Punishing people based on accusation alone is something that belongs in authoritarian countries not a civilized Democracy.

Publishing this sort of thing with no solid evidence to back it up with is something no credible news organization would do unless they had an agenda so I agree this is fake news.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrLostRib

@virtuous said:

The principal of innocent until proven guilty necessitates that the burden of proof is upon the accuser so The Washington Post is acting irresponsible by publishing such allegations when not only has no evidence been provided to corroborate the accusations but is based on events that allegedly happened many years ago. Punishing people based on accusation alone is something that belongs in authoritarian countries not a civilized Democracy.

I agree this is fake news as no credible news organization would post such things without some solid evidence to back it up with.

@virtuous said:

The principal of innocent until proven guilty necessitates that the burden of proof is upon the accuser and The Washington Post is acting irresponsible by publishing such allegations when not only has no evidence been provided to corroborate the accusations but is based on events that allegedly happened many years ago making it almost impossible to verify these accusations be they true or untrue. Punishing people based on accusation alone is something that belongs in authoritarian countries not a civilized Democracy.

Publishing this sort of thing with no solid evidence to back it up with is something no credible news organization would do unless they had an agenda so I agree this is fake news.

why did you post this drivel twice

virtuous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 virtuous

@drlostrib:

Why do you post in the political gamers forum if you never have anything intelligent to say about anything so just insult anyone you disagree with?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrLostRib

@virtuous said:

@drlostrib:

Why do you post in the political gamers forum if you never have anything intelligent to say about anything so just insult anyone you disagree with?

I am posting on political subjects. You seem to have nothing to add but long winded cries of "fake news" there's no point in trying to reason with someone like you who is so set against things that don't fit their perspective

virtuous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By virtuous

@drlostrib:

I don't see anywhere you attempted to reason looks like you just dismissed it as "divel" because you did not like it so not really surprised you just like to regurgitate the things you see from MSM like CNN and The Washington Post you don't really sound like a thinking man so doubt it would very interesting to talk politics with you anyway your ability to grasp politics does not extend beyond a google search I'm sure.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 N64DD

@virtuous said:

@drlostrib:

I don't see anywhere you attempted to reason looks like you just dismissed it as "divel" because you did not like it not really surprised you get your news from CNN and The Washington Post you don't really sound like a thinking man so doubt it would very interesting to talk politics with you anyway.

WTF did I just read?

virtuous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 virtuous

@n64dd:

English

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

So a 14 year old, who is now 52-53, is coming out accusing this 70 year old of something he did when he was 32?? Do you really have to wait 38 years to come out with an allegation and think anyone will take you seriously?

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@drlostrib said:

Fucking seriously?

Welcome to Alabamastan.

Had they be Muslim, we'd be hearing very different things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

The Bible says it's ok.

Pussy grab away

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 N64DD

@Nuck81 said:

The Bible says it's ok.

Pussy grab away

Classy bro.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

@n64dd said:
@virtuous said:

@drlostrib:

I don't see anywhere you attempted to reason looks like you just dismissed it as "divel" because you did not like it not really surprised you get your news from CNN and The Washington Post you don't really sound like a thinking man so doubt it would very interesting to talk politics with you anyway.

WTF did I just read?

the thought process of a Trump supporter.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 N64DD

@mrbojangles25 said:
@n64dd said:
@virtuous said:

@drlostrib:

WTF did I just read?

the thought process of a Trump supporter.

More like an alt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@n64dd: it's good enough for trump and Roy Moore.

Conservative values for America.

virtuous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 virtuous

@mrbojangles25:

Not much in the way of thought processes going on here

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

So a 14 year old, who is now 52-53, is coming out accusing this 70 year old of something he did when he was 32?? Do you really have to wait 38 years to come out with an allegation and think anyone will take you seriously?

Probably has something to do with this recent massive wave of victims coming out against their sexual predators who indirectly provide cover and support for each other. IIRC it started slowly with the Bill Cosby allegations and has grown from there.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

He just said "Forces of evil are trying to stop Christian conservatives like me."...

Okay so Jesus told him to do it.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 N64DD

@Nuck81 said:

@n64dd: it's good enough for trump and Roy Moore.

Conservative values for America.

Trump never did anything. Unlike Clinton, Kevin Spacey, endless hollywood liberals.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DrLostRib

@virtuous said:

@drlostrib:

I don't see anywhere you attempted to reason looks like you just dismissed it as "divel" because you did not like it so not really surprised you just like to regurgitate the things you see from MSM like CNN and The Washington Post you don't really sound like a thinking man so doubt it would very interesting to talk politics with you anyway your ability to grasp politics does not extend beyond a google search I'm sure.

Oh yeah, then why does it say I'm a doctor on here? riddle me that

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178832 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Yet, Breitbart defends him, while they condemn Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein...

Did they not defend trump as well? Sexual harassment is a serious problem bro unless a republican does it........then it's like not a big deal.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58268 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

I have to admit, this is my initial feeling every time something like this happens; one famous person is accused and found guilty, now suddenly all these people are being accused.

With that said, it is very difficult for people to come forward with sexual abuse/assault claims: whether they are embarrassed, ashamed; suffered victim blaming from family, friends, and their community; somehow convinced themselves they asked for it; or a variety of other reasons.

I think we need to meet halfway; stop the kneejerk "oh he was accused so let's ruin his life" reaction, but at the same time pursue the allegations seriously until the person is found guilty or not guilty.

We find innocent people on death row often enough, decades after they have been falsely found guilty, I don't think it is too crazy to assume the same can be said for rape allegations.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@n64dd: even though he admitted it? But you're right he does lie all the time.

You seem pretty shitmixed by this. Guilty conscience?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@drlostrib said:

Fucking seriously?

WTF, LOL.

I wish someone had responded to that statement by reminding him that the Bible claims that Mary was a virgin at the time of Jesus' birth just so I could watch it break his brain.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

I have friends and family in Alabama. Precisely no one believes this and Moore is very popular. Unless he steps down, he will win.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@Serraph105 said:
@drlostrib said:

Fucking seriously?

WTF, LOL.

I wish someone had responded to that statement by reminding him that the Bible claims that Mary was a virgin at the time of Jesus' birth just so I could watch it break his brain.

Maybe he would simply be honest about it and say "Mary was a pregnant virgin? What are you, retarded?"

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

Ummm...it's pretty widely accepted that Joseph and THE VIRGIN Mary didn't get it on to consummate Jesus. Even if one takes the immaculate conception as fiction please get the story right.

Also, I do find it suspicious that victims of any crime(sexual or otherwise) step forward at fortuitous times(see Clarence Thomas, Bill Cosby, etc.) to impugn one's reputation. Where was your outrage for the perpetrator's moral turpitude at the time of the incident? I am not stating the encounters are false as I do not know. I truly do not understand why a victim of such a heinous crime would wait so long to expose the act...and the timing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

@sayyy-gaa: Because people like you question why they came forward. Right now with the Weinstein scandal it's being taken seriously so they feel safer coming forward. On the other hand trump is a serial sex abuser and he got elected.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sayyy-gaa

@LJS9502_basic said:

@sayyy-gaa: Because people like you question why they came forward. Right now with the Weinstein scandal it's being taken seriously so they feel safer coming forward. On the other hand trump is a serial sex abuser and he got elected.

I believe it is legitimate to question why a victim would come forward at such a capricious time. Why not when the statute of limitations was active? I admittedly don't understand victim psychology but that does not strike you as either opportunistic or odd?

You feel it's absolutely normal to go decades upon decades without reporting sexual abuse inflicted upon you to only detail said encounter at the most inopportune time for the alleged abuser?

Does that make sense to you? Is that how justice is pursued?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@sayyy-gaa said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I believe it is legitimate to question why a victim would come forward at such a capricious time. Why not when the statute of limitations was active? I admittedly don't understand victim psychology but that does not strike you as either opportunistic or odd?

You feel it's absolutely normal to go decades upon decades without reporting sexual abuse inflicted upon you to only detail said encounter at the most inopportune time for the alleged abuser?

Does that make sense to you? Is that how justice is pursued?

Sex assaults are not the same as robbery etc.....there is still a stigma. And wasn't this a child when it happened?

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sayyy-gaa

@LJS9502_basic Per the article she was allegedly a child. I grant you there may be a stigma that is perpetual. but that doesn't explain the reasoning behind her coming forward now. Per the article the alleged act happened 38 years ago.

Why didn't Ms. Corfman come forward last year? Or the year before that? Or the year before that? Why now? At this point her coming forward does nothing more than smear the name of the accused. No charges have been filed[that I am aware]. No conviction will be sought.

It's quite possible Mr. Moore is the scumbag she and others purport him to be. But we will never definitively know based on accusations. And in this country one is innocent until proven guilty.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@sayyy-gaa said:

@LJS9502_basic Per the article she was allegedly a child. I grant you there may be a stigma that is perpetual. but that doesn't explain the reasoning behind her coming forward now. Per the article the alleged act happened 38 years ago.

Why didn't Ms. Corfman come forward last year? Or the year before that? Or the year before that? Why now? At this point her coming forward does nothing more than smear the name of the accused. No charges have been filed[that I am aware]. No conviction will be sought.

It's quite possible Mr. Moore is the scumbag she and others purport him to be. But we will never definitively know based on accusations. And in this country one is innocent until proven guilty.

Because it's in the news and no one is stigmatizing the celebs who come forward.

We don't have to form our personal opinions about character with the burden of proof in the court system.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@mrbojangles25: My reaction was the same. I've never been through that so I don't know how long it takes to come forward. It just seems like a really long time for a mistake. Then I'd have to wonder why wait so long... How many other rapes (accused) could have been prevented if that person came out sooner? At 70 years old, do you really want to punish someone? The people accusing Bill Cosby are after his money. I kind of like what Taylor Swift did when she sued and won that sexual ass grab case for a dollar... Clearly didn't want the money, but didn't want the guy to do it to others in the future. If I had money and was famous, I think I'd steer far away from women... That R word get thrown around too easily(not saying it doesn't happen). But being famous and rich makes you a target.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jacanuk

@perfect_blue said:
@Jacanuk said:

Are you completely oblivious to the fact that all these accusations is coming out of the woodwork because of the Weinstein scandal. I guess you are also oblivious to the hashtag metoo right.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

1. Your post makes no sense. The Weinstein scandal was initially broken by the "liberal" NYT. New portions of that story were broken by WaPo. They covered it extensively. Right Wings sources broke almost nothing on this scandal. This is because they just don't really have much investigative journalism. It's mostly shitty blogs and youtube channels that make op-eds based off of real reporting by real publications.

2. WaPo doesn't make political attacks in investigative pieces. They leans center-left, you are describing tactics that far far left or right sources might use, and mostly just in op-eds. Are you new to news? The way you talk about the news sounds like you literally started following it for the 2016 election, and by tweet.

The Washington Post movie starring Tom Hanks is probably gonna trigger you.

I know you have a limited process when you don´t get a link to tell you what to think.

But if Weinstein never happened do you think anyone would "come forward" against this guy and do you think media and public opinion would be the same.

After all even your beloved hero Louis CK is now facing similar accusations and Netflix have gone full retard over a 4rd rate actor's accusations against Kevin Spacey over something that supposedly happened over 30 years ago.

This is clearly a witch hunt and a far left media outlet like Washington post with it´s limited fact checking, of course jump on this.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jacanuk

@sayyy-gaa said:

That is the problem. In these "metoo" times , a man will be assumed guilty and not be innocent until proven guilty.

Look at all the people being hit by strange accusations over things that happened 20-30-40 years ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Jacanuk said:

Are you completely oblivious to the fact that all these accusations is coming out of the woodwork because of the Weinstein scandal. I guess you are also oblivious to the hashtag metoo right.

That isn't what you said. You used the word "attack" as if the WaPo is inventing this to counter the Weinstein claims.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jacanuk

@perfect_blue said:
@Jacanuk said:

That isn't what you said. You used the word "attack" as if the WaPo is inventing this to counter the Weinstein claims.

Well, that might not be what you got, but what i meant was that this WashOut Post article seems odd and seems more like a attack on a republican than a true story. Considering that in these times such "accusations" is presumed true and not met with the normal healthy scepticism