Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#101 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:

If we're simply going to counts of 'states', then that means Obama wasn't picked twice by the majority of 'Americans'. It's a stupid argument made by stupid people because they're too insecure to admit they're wrong.

What on earth are you talking about? are you claiming that Obama did not win the most states twice?

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Your quote, 'No, i mean a skewed result in a state that is liberal is not an indication of a majority of Americans'.

You said Americans, not states. Now answer my question. Which number is larger, 65,845,063 or 62,980,160?

Yes Americans as in America the United States. So are you having a problem understanding that Trump won a majority of states?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178864 Posts

@Jacanuk: Dude your argument is so very sad. Popular vote is not the same as EC votes. It's not. And you're making an ass of yourself arguing thus.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jacanuk: Dude your argument is so very sad. Popular vote is not the same as EC votes. It's not. And you're making an ass of yourself arguing thus.

Not going to try to have a debate about this with you again, IT´s not the first time and it´s getting tiresome looking at your trolling.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Your quote, 'No, i mean a skewed result in a state that is liberal is not an indication of a majority of Americans'.

You said Americans, not states. Now answer my question. Which number is larger, 65,845,063 or 62,980,160?

Yes Americans as in America the United States. So are you having a problem understanding that Trump won a majority of states?

Which number is larger, 65,845,063 or 62,980,160? I don't understand why this is so hard for you to answer.

'Americans' are people, individual citizens. By your logic we should even do away with the EC. Just have a '1 state 1 vote' policy.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Jacanuk

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Which number is larger, 65,845,063 or 62,980,160? I don't understand why this is so hard for you to answer.

Which number is larger 30 or 20....

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 HoolaHoopMan

@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Which number is larger, 65,845,063 or 62,980,160? You can keep dodging it all day.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Not going to try to have a debate about this with you again, IT´s not the first time and it´s getting tiresome looking at your trolling.

Ah yes the old jac doesn't have a response so he resorts to ad hominems.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Not really but how many times do you want to have the same debate that ends the same way? you keep arguing that an EC system where states' population picks who they want to represent them, is not working and should be changed. When at the same time advocating for a popular vote where a single state can skew the result disregarding all the other states result.

So either you are trolling or you are just a hypocrite.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Jacanuk

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Which number is larger, 65,845,063 or 62,980,160? You can keep dodging it all day.

Which number is larger 30 or 20...

How long do you want to keep this up?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Not really but how many times do you want to have the same debate that ends the same way? you keep arguing that an EC system where states' population picks who they want to represent them, is not working and should be changed. When at the same time advocating for a popular vote where a single state can skew the result disregarding all the other states result.

The popular vote has always and does mean individuals. Not states. Are you really this uneducated?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By HoolaHoopMan

@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:

Ah, the adult equivalent of 'I know what you are but what am I.' Backed into a corner by your own terrible logic and you can't even admit you don't understand what 'majority' means.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Jacanuk

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:

Ah, the adult equivalent of 'I know what you are but what am I.' Backed into a corner by your own terrible logic and you can't even admit you don't understand what 'majority' means.

Not really, what you do not seem to get here is that America is a union of states, So it´s absurd to talk about a single states population as to America as a whole. America is the states and the states meaning 30 voted for Trump.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

The popular vote has always and does mean individuals. Not states. Are you really this uneducated?

What on earth are you talking about? but thanks for confirming that you are just trolling.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

What on earth are you talking about? but thanks for confirming that you are just trolling.

Backed into a corner and wrong once again jac uses the word trolling even though his responses in this thread are the ONLY trolling responses. Pathetic.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 HoolaHoopMan

@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:

Not really, what you do not seem to get here is that America is a union of states, So it´s absurd to talk about a single states population as to America as a whole. America is the states and the states meaning 30 voted for Trump.

'No, i mean a skewed result in a state that is liberal is not an indication of a majority of Americans'.

'majority of Americans'

'Americans'

Apparently you're having a hard time defending your own words. Americans are citizens, they are individuals. A majority means over 50%. Hence, majority of Americans means more than half of American individuals.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Jacanuk

@HoolaHoopMan said:

'No, i mean a skewed result in a state that is liberal is not an indication of a majority of Americans'.

'majority of Americans'

'Americans'

Apparently you're having a hard time defending your own words. Americans are citizens, they are individuals. A majority means over 50%. Hence, majority of Americans means more than half of American individuals.

Apparently, you are having a hard time understanding pretty basic things here.

United "beep" of America, means ..... come on you know this.

So any president is voted into office by a majority of "beep" meaning a majority of Americans.

This should be easy for someone like you to understand.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#117  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

'majority of Americans'

'Americans'

Apparently, you are having a hard time understanding pretty basic things here.

United "beep" of America, means ..... come on you know this.

So any president is voted into office by a majority of "beep" meaning a majority of Americans.

This should be easy for someone like you to understand.

no its painful clear you do not understand

you are clearly unaware of the fact that its possible for the majority of people to vote for a candiate and yet that candiate actually lose the election. because of the way our system works its NOT a pure majority

its happened more than once, you are extreemly out of touch with basic facts

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Jacanuk

@tryit said:

you are clearly unaware of the fact that its possible for the majority of people to vote for a candiate and yet that candiate actually lose the election. because of the way our system works its NOT a pure majority

You know why we have the electoral college? (And LJS you do not need to respond to troll in this)

Also how many times did it happen? Just to check if you actually are aware because considering how many elections there has been, it´s actually rare that the popular vote does not follow the majority of states.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

You know why we have the electoral college? ...

yes but do you also know how winning the electorial college does NOT mean you have the majority of voters.

I am surprised you know the electorial college there for a second based on what you said it appeared you really did think it was a pure vote system. its not

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Jacanuk

@tryit said:

yes but do you also know how winning the electorial college does NOT mean you have the majority of voters.

I am surprised you know the electorial college there for a second based on what you said it appeared you really did think it was a pure vote system. its not

I never said the majority of votes. So stop trying to make up things.

I said a majority of America.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

I never said the majority of votes. So stop trying to make up things.

I said a majority of America.

ah..! so why were you not just more clear from the start in saying you do not consider people to be america but rather you consider the electorial college to be america.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Jacanuk

@tryit said:

ah..! so why were you not just more clear from the start in saying you do not consider people to be america but rather you consider the electorial college to be america.

Anyone with legal citizenship in America is an American.

So not sure what you mean here? What I have been saying from the start with Matt, is that claiming that the population in California is somehow worth more than a population in South Dakota or Texas is wrong. America is a union of states.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

So not sure what you mean here? What I have been saying from the start with Matt, is that claiming that the population in California is somehow worth more than a population in South Dakota or Texas is wrong. America is a union of states.

i am bored with your games.

he is saying the majority of americans feel a way because of how they voted.

your not doing yourself any favors by arguing 'but I said america not americans and america is the electorial college'

the debate has gone off the rails stupid and I dont want a part of it

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

You know why we have the electoral college? (And LJS you do not need to respond to troll in this)

Also how many times did it happen? Just to check if you actually are aware because considering how many elections there has been, it´s actually rare that the popular vote does not follow the majority of states.

Telling you facts is not trolling. I get that as a trumpist you want to think that since that's how he holds his base.......but it's patently false. Just because you cannot cope with reality does not mean it's trolling.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23977 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

What we are saying is that saying that a person in South Dakota counts significantly more than a person in California is a dumb system. Especially as the only difference is geography. Why do some people's voice matter more just because they happen to be located where fewer people live?

States aren't people.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

And yet with the EC South Dakota is more important than California even though they are vastly unpopulated.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 TryIt

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

Telling you facts is not trolling. I get that as a trumpist you want to think that since that's how he holds his base.......but it's patently false. Just because you cannot cope with reality does not mean it's trolling.

later he basically says he means 'majority of america' not majority of americans' and he is defining 'america' as 'the electoral college'

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 LJS9502_basic  Online

@tryit said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

later he basically says he means 'majority of america' not majority of americans' and he is defining 'america' as 'the electoral college'

Even saying majority of America would mean individuals so that isn't even a point in his favor.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:

You are not telling any facts, you are doing one thing and that is trolling.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You are not telling any facts, you are doing one thing and that is trolling.

Actually since you are the only in here not talking facts.......that makes you the troll. I don't troll. And only those who cannot make points in a conversation say I do. Popular vote means exactly that. Not EC. Stop spreading lies.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Jacanuk

@Maroxad said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

What we are saying is that saying that a person in South Dakota counts significantly more than a person in California is a dumb system. Especially as the only difference is geography. Why do some people's voice matter more just because they happen to be located where fewer people live?

States aren't people.

How does an election in a state work? do people walk up and vote.

And no a vote in South Dakota does not mean more than a vote in California, that is why South Dakota does not get as many EC votes as California, also I bet you didn´t know that the EC is based on the census. California gets a representative number of EC votes as to its population size.

The problem with your idea of a popular vote being the decider is that no candidate would even care about South Dakota when a State like California can skew a result as much as they can be based on its population.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Maroxad

@Jacanuk said:
@Maroxad said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

States aren't people.

And no a vote in South Dakota does not mean more than a vote in California, that is why South Dakota does not get as many EC votes as California, also I bet you didn´t know that the EC is based on the census. California gets a representative number of EC votes as to its population size.

The problem with your idea of a popular vote being the decider is that no candidate would even care about South Dakota when a State like California can skew a result as much as they can be based on its population.

California does have more votes, but it is massively disproportionate. And the census has a lot of problems.

Educate yourself,

Loading Video...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Jacanuk said:
@Maroxad said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

States aren't people.

Yes votes in less populated states mean more than in more populated states. That's the entire reason for the EC. So states that suck and no one wants to live in have a disproportionate say in the elections.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:

Yes votes in less populated states mean more than in more populated states. That's the entire reason for the EC. So states that suck and no one wants to live in have a disproportionate say in the elections.

That is your opinion

And so far you have not in one single debate ever come up with a solution where everyone is "equal"

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Jacanuk

@Maroxad said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Maroxad said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

States aren't people.

California does have more votes, but it is massively disproportionate. And the census has a lot of problems.

Educate yourself,

That is your opinion that it´s massively disproportionate.

Also what problems does the census have?

And I am educated about the EC, but you have not said anything about what your solution would be?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That is your opinion

And so far you have not in one single debate ever come up with a solution where everyone is "equal"

that is about as much of 'an opinion' as 'the earth revolves around the sun' is

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Maroxad

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That is your opinion

Pretty sure the Popular Vote system works pretty well for the rest of the world, especially since it is usually coupled with other systems like ranked choice voting and other forms that allow for more than a duopoly of political parties.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 LJS9502_basic  Online
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That is your opinion

THAT IS NOT OPINION. And use of the popular vote is in fact equal.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That is your opinion

No, the use of a popular vote is as skewed and unfair as you claim the EC is, It would divide America into two areas, NY and California and then the rest of America would have zero to say.

How many times do you think a Republican would ever win if there was a popular vote system in place? considering the demographics of those two areas. (at least if we do not move Republicans over to become California moderate "republicans")

Do you even know the last time a Republican presidential candidate has won California? I can give a hint and considering your age, say that you were most likely just out of high school,

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No, the use of a popular vote is as skewed and unfair as you claim the EC is, It would divide America into two areas, NY and California and then the rest of America would have zero to say.

How many times do you think a Republican would ever win if there was a popular vote system in place? considering the demographics of those two areas. (at least if we do not move Republicans over to become California moderate "republicans")

Do you even know the last time a Republican presidential candidate has won California? I can give a hint and considering your age, say that you were most likely just out of high school,

Do you even understand the EC because it doesn't seem you do. I suggest you watch the link someone posted for you above as it lays out the problems with the EC. Less than 50% of the population has the ability to elect a president. That's not democracy.

You don't need California to win. The population of one state......which doesn't all vote blue by the way......cannot influence an election to the degree you state.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Maroxad

@Jacanuk said:
@Maroxad said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Maroxad said:
@Jacanuk said:

States aren't people.

Educate yourself,

That is your opinion that it´s massively disproportionate.

Also what problems does the census have?

And I am educated about the EC, but you have not said anything about what your solution would be?

It isn't an opinion to say that when 1 person in Wyoming has 4 times as much voting power as someone in California, or 1 vermonter has 3 times as much voting power as someone in Texas is a massively disproportionate system.

The US census updates every 10 years. Nothing wrong with having a census, but it doesnt even update before every election. Which means, electoral votes that a state should have had, were in fact given elsewhere.

I have given it multiple times, whether you refuse to listen is another thing.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Jacanuk

@Maroxad said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That is your opinion

Pretty sure the Popular Vote system works pretty well for the rest of the world, especially since it is usually coupled with other systems like ranked choice voting and other forms that allow for more than a duopoly of political parties.

Ok, so let me ask you another question. Do you agree that America is a union of states? And a state law in California does not equal a law in Texas, and that skewing the federal system in any political way, would be bad?

So no the popular vote system you consider would not work in a union of states and especially not considering that would skew the result towards the liberals since they have the two biggest populated area.

Look at the answer to LJS and maybe you can answer without trolling, When did a Republican last win in California?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

@Jacanuk: "What didn´t you get slammed on

But this time your badly done comment about the 3 million extra votes."

Walk me through it. You claimed that polls showing support for Democratic positions were BS because more people vote for Republicans. I pointed out that Trump lost the popular vote (as did Senate Republicans). How'd I get slammed?

The argument was that polls show people in favour of liberal ideas, while their actions tell a different story. So which one do you think is most accurate?

The polls are more accurate than the inferred and Jacanuk-Theory you are using. It has no sourcing or citation showing what you are stating. You're imagining things based off of your own ideas. Where does it say more people vote Republican, and where does it say it is due to those specific polled issues? Just because a vast majority of Americans think Pot should be legal doesn't mean (D) is going to win in a landslide, not everyone is 1 issue voters. And even if this was the case you would have to provide data showing R or D lost due to issue X or Y.

The polls I used explicitly show Americans are in favor of the liberal ideas on those major issues I linked. No caveats. Multiple polls, extremely high accuracy rating and trusted. Meanwhile your sourcing was arm-chairy theory. No links, nothing.

You lost that debate.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Jacanuk said:
@Maroxad said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That is your opinion

Ok, so let me ask you another question. Do you agree that America is a union of states? And a state law in California does not equal a law in Texas, and that skewing the federal system in any political way, would be bad?

So no the popular vote system you consider would not work in a union of states and especially not considering that would skew the result towards the liberals since they have the two biggest populated area.

Look at the answer to LJS and maybe you can answer without trolling, When did a Republican last win in California?

And I will tell you again that California in and of itself cannot elect a president. It's mathematically impossible.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Oh, so you mean reality didn't fit your narrative? So you come back with a lame 'you were slammed' response. Pretty pathetic.

No, i mean a skewed result in a state that is liberal is not an indication of a majority of Americans want liberals ideas.

But yes your attempt here is pretty pathetic.

A majority of the votes LITERALLY went to Hillary over Trump. Do you not understand this basic fact? The majority of people that voted in 2016 picked Hillary over Trump. Your claim is patently false.

Which number is bigger, 65,845,063 or 62,980,160? Please pick the number which is larger in count.

Do you not understand that Trump won 30 states, meaning a majority of America wanted Trump as their president.

Is this real life....

I'm convinced you are trolling now. Because the alternative is that you are horrifically stupid.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Maroxad

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That is your opinion

You dont need to win a majority of votes in California to win the general election. George W. Bush didnt need it to win his second general election.

And most other republicans didnt need California to win.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@Maroxad said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That is your opinion

The subject was on national opinion on specific issues.

National opinion = popular vote.

You changed topics to EC when you lost after I linked tons of polls.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Jacanuk

@Maroxad said:

You dont need to win a majority of votes in California to win the general election. George W. Bush didnt need it to win his second general election.

Hmm, did Bush jr, really win the election? (hate to say I gotcha but I Gotcha)

That was probably the worst example you could have brought up.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@Jacanuk said:
@Maroxad said:

Hmm, did Bush jr, really win the election? (hate to say I gotcha but I Gotcha)

That was probably the worst example you could have brought up.

You're wrong again. He said second election and there was no question he won that one.