Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I think it's safe to say we can dispel with the myth that Republicans are the party of family values. If anyone wonders why I hate Trump so, it's reason like this. He has introduced, gave license to, and legitimized his moral rot into everyone around him that identifies with him. Trump is human garbage, and unfortunately, the stench of his garbage rubs off on others.

You can blame Trump all you want.

But the partisan split is not due to Trump, it began long before Trump was president.

This is about what is morally right, not about ideologies. I'm hard pressed to believe that 54% of Republicans would come out and see acceptable the dismissal and rape and sufferings of a woman for their own partisan advantage had Trump not instilled in them the license of such moral bankruptcy in its attainment. You are off-kilter if you don't believe that someone in such a position of power doesn't influence people in all respects, moral included. It is not only the absence of that in Trump, but his reveling in it, that has further enabled this.

You are making Trump far "worse" than he is but morally right? is that morally right after your mind or who determines what is "morally right"? ....

yes..who determines what is "morally right" Jacanuk you tell us

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#52 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@tryit said:

Do you know what a question is?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

is not relevant.

its very clear what you said, so I am asking you point blank.

who determines morally right? would your answer be nobody? if not then who? if not why not the person in question?

I will edit this post to bring in more of your quote becuase its on a different page. Are you asking becuase you actually do not know? well the answer is he is

You are making Trump far "worse" than he is but morally right? is that morally right after your mind or who determines what is "morally right"? But Trump is not the cause, he may have moved the line for what is acceptable to say but considering the insanities the left is the cause of, what you see is just a push back against that

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

is not relevant.

who determines morally right? would your answer be nobody? if not then who? if not why not the person in question?

I will edit this post to bring in more of your quote becuase its on a different page. Are you asking becuase you actually do not know? well the answer is he is

You are making Trump far "worse" than he is but morally right? is that morally right after your mind or who determines what is "morally right"? But Trump is not the cause, he may have moved the line for what is acceptable to say but considering the insanities the left is the cause of, what you see is just a push back against that

Considering I am asking someone else, then yes that question is relevant and considering that person is not you, perhaps butt out until that person has answered, so the thread doesn´t get more mudded up.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

is not relevant.

Considering I am asking someone else, then yes that question is relevant and considering that person is not you, perhaps butt out until that person has answered, so the thread doesn´t get more mudded up.

ok a few things.

1. you are then saying you do not know who can decide on what is moral or not.

2. thusly you are saying you can not tell what is moral and what is not

3. I think you are lying when you say you this

either you are implying that nobody can determine morality thus morality doesnt exist OR you are implying that you do know what is or is not morality because you dont know who the person is that decides that.

I think its not the latter, what do you think?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17698 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@MirkoS77 said:

This is about what is morally right, not about ideologies. I'm hard pressed to believe that 54% of Republicans would come out and see acceptable the dismissal and rape and sufferings of a woman for their own partisan advantage had Trump not instilled in them the license of such moral bankruptcy in its attainment. You are off-kilter if you don't believe that someone in such a position of power doesn't influence people in all respects, moral included. It is not only the absence of that in Trump, but his reveling in it, that has further enabled this.

You are making Trump far "worse" than he is but morally right? is that morally right after your mind or who determines what is "morally right"? But Trump is not the cause, he may have moved the line for what is acceptable to say but considering the insanities the left is the cause of, what you see is just a push back against that. Just take the universities , we had trigger warnings and we had people in our class who reported the teacher for words that were "hurting them", which is just insane and it´s happening all over America and it seems to have jumped to the UK as well, just read that a university in Manchester has banned clapping.

So sure Trump has pushed the line which is about time since when people start to think that words are violence and clapping has to be banned, then we have crossed over into the twilight zone and the conservatives seem to be the guiding light in what is sensible, which is scary.

This isn't about pushing back against the craziness of the Left. No degree of antics from them can justify the immorality in the disregard of a rape of a woman and the suffering she's endured over the years from it. Everyone should find such a statistic morally abhorrent and repulsive regardless on what side of the partisan line they fall on. I'm with you about fighting what the Left do, but not at the cost of compromising basic human values and abandonment of my moral compass. That transcends (or should) transcend political differences.

Have you not followed the debate around this nomination and the rhetoric used by the democratic senators? But let´s be clear this poll is made to create a headline because they did not ask the all-important question as to why. No one is ok with any kind of sexual assault, But when you have a politized bench that is legislative, you are bound to see the extremes to secure it, especially when it out-ranks the Congress and the president.

The why would not make this poll demonstrate any less immorality than it already does. These people are most certainly ok with the worst degrees of sexual assault if they are willing to ignore the guilt of a person committing it and of the one who's endured and suffered for it to their political advantage. If anyone is selling out their morals and decency as a human being for politics, they are lost. This isn't even to mention they'd be placing onto the bench someone absent such moral grounding who's to legislate from such a platform of bankruptcy. Every single one of these people are advocating this.

As for this: "You are making Trump far "worse" than he is but morally right? is that morally right after your mind or who determines what is "morally right"?

I'm not sure what you're asking, is what morally right? Rephrase?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jacanuk

@MirkoS77 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@MirkoS77 said:

You are making Trump far "worse" than he is but morally right? is that morally right after your mind or who determines what is "morally right"? But Trump is not the cause, he may have moved the line for what is acceptable to say but considering the insanities the left is the cause of, what you see is just a push back against that. Just take the universities , we had trigger warnings and we had people in our class who reported the teacher for words that were "hurting them", which is just insane and it´s happening all over America and it seems to have jumped to the UK as well, just read that a university in Manchester has banned clapping.

So sure Trump has pushed the line which is about time since when people start to think that words are violence and clapping has to be banned, then we have crossed over into the twilight zone and the conservatives seem to be the guiding light in what is sensible, which is scary.

This isn't about pushing back against the craziness of the Left. No degree of antics from them can justify the immorality in the disregard of a rape of a woman and the suffering she's endured over the years from it. Everyone should find such a statistic morally abhorrent and repulsive regardless on what side of the partisan line they fall on. I'm with you about fighting what the Left do, but not at the cost of compromising basic human values and abandonment of my moral compass. That transcends (or should) transcend political differences.

Have you not followed the debate around this nomination and the rhetoric used by the democratic senators? But let´s be clear this poll is made to create a headline because they did not ask the all-important question as to why. No one is ok with any kind of sexual assault, But when you have a politized bench that is legislative, you are bound to see the extremes to secure it, especially when it out-ranks the Congress and the president.

The why would not make this poll demonstrate any less immorality than it already does. These people are most certainly ok with the worst degrees of sexual assault if they are willing to ignore the guilt of a person committing it and of the one who's endured and suffered for it to their political advantage. If anyone is selling out their morals and decency as a human being for politics, they are lost. This isn't even to mention they'd be placing onto the bench someone absent such moral grounding who's to legislate from such a platform of bankruptcy. Every single one of these people are advocating this.

As for this: "You are making Trump far "worse" than he is but morally right? is that morally right after your mind or who determines what is "morally right"?

We agree 100% that nothing can justify any kind of sexual assault against anyone, and everyone even Republicans "should/does" find it like that (except the few loons on either side who is morally bankrupt) And fighting back against the left´s insanities is key which this poll certainly does not help with, because many independents will just look at this and like most in this thread go with the headline and be disgusted without looking behind the curtain.

As to the poll, Well, Matt took out one single question of a long row of questions about politics, so by itself, the question sounds insane, But it´s all how you take the question and portray, take for example 31% of independents want to see him confirmed no matter what, which is a high amount , or we could look at race, more Latinos 32% than both white 29% and African-Americans 13% want to see him confirmed no matter what, and is that over 60% of non-educated do not want to see him confirmed. So more educated wants to see him confirmed no matter what. Which is actually not that surprising considering the educated would be the ones who is more aware of the consequences of the seat.

So it´s all how you pick and choose from the poll.

And the morality question was" Who gets to decide what is morally right/Wrong" but your post here clarifies that and I can see we are not that far apart on that.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@MirkoS77 said:

We agree 100% that nothing can justify any kind of sexual assault against anyone, and everyone even Republicans "should/does" find it like that (except the few loons on either side who is morally bankrupt) And fighting back against

did you just literally say 'who is morally bankrupt' after you trying to convince me that you have no idea who decides on morality?

seriously dude

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@theone86: How could you say that when the whole #Metoo movement started in Hollywood where a bunch of left wingers were raping people? Lmao!

And it turns out one of the main victims and leaders of the movement is a child molester.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58530 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

Surprisingly, an NPR/Marist poll found that a majority of Republicans want Kavanaugh confirmed even if Ford's allegations are true.

"A majority of Republicans (54 percent) say they think Kavanaugh should be confirmed regardless of whether Ford's allegations are true, according to the poll."

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/26/651647131/poll-nearly-6-in-10-to-closely-watch-kavanaugh-ford-hearing-many-undecided-on-tr

Not surprising considering the outcome if he does not get confirmed.

Party before country, right?

*both sides guilty, by the way.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jacanuk

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

Surprisingly, an NPR/Marist poll found that a majority of Republicans want Kavanaugh confirmed even if Ford's allegations are true.

"A majority of Republicans (54 percent) say they think Kavanaugh should be confirmed regardless of whether Ford's allegations are true, according to the poll."

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/26/651647131/poll-nearly-6-in-10-to-closely-watch-kavanaugh-ford-hearing-many-undecided-on-tr

That depends on what side of the fence you are sitting on.

I have the country before anything, and then I go to the side where I see the best options are for the country. And being in the university environment I can tell you that if the left on campus win, America will no longer be a democracy nor will it be Land of the free and the greatest nation on earth.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mrbojangles25

@Jacanuk said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

I have the country before anything, and then I go to the side where I see the best options are for the country. And being in the university environment I can tell you that if the left on campus win, America will no longer be a democracy nor will it be Land of the free and the greatest nation on earth.

That's a super skewed, very temporary worldview, though. I went to college, I was one of those college know-it-all hippies; this was during the W. Bush days, too, so we had plenty to bitch about. I look back on it and think "man, what an idiot" about myself.

But people grow out of that. You're only 18-22 years old for so long, then the real world comes in. You have to earn your own money, you have to spend your own money. People act like the college kids are going to stay that way forever, but they're not. yeah they're taught by some pretty crazy people at times, but most professors are grounded in reality.

Idunno I graduated in 2007, maybe things have changed, but I Don't believe they're the indoctrination centers the right think they are. These are immature adults, not impressionable little kids.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TryIt

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jacanuk said:

That's a super skewed, very temporary worldview, though. I went to college, I was one of those college know-it-all hippies; this was during the W. Bush days, too, so we had plenty to bitch about. I look back on it and think "man, what an idiot" about myself.

But people grow out of that. You're only 18-22 years old for so long, then the real world comes in. You have to earn your own money, you have to spend your own money. People act like the college kids are going to stay that way forever, but they're not. yeah they're taught by some pretty crazy people at times, but most professors are grounded in reality.

Idunno I graduated in 2007, maybe things have changed, but I Don't believe they're the indoctrination centers the right think they are. These are immature adults, not impressionable little kids.

i look back at my opinions about Bush and say to myself 'I was dead ball accurate'

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mrbojangles25

@tryit: hmmm touche, the "liberals" were in fact right about it.

Maybe it's because they all go to college and get indoctrinated objectively educated. Time might not heal all wounds, but it certainly reveals the causes.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TryIt

@mrbojangles25 said:

@tryit: hmmm touche, the "liberals" were in fact right about it.

Maybe it's because they all go to college and get indoctrinated objectively educated. Time might not heal all wounds, but it certainly reveals the causes.

no I feel pretty confident its indoctrination.

great documentary I suggest is 'the brainwashing of my dad' pretty much explains how effective media is.

case in point, take me for example, I havent listened to AM radio or FM commercial radio in 27 years.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Jacanuk

@mrbojangles25 said:

Well, again it depends on which side you are on. Also 2007 is not that long ago so you should have seen this

And we are not talking about hippies, we are talking about a shift in the society where a "minority" is moving us all closer and closer to the abyss. While most universities are the far-left castle, where no one can share conservative views and anyone who the left deem as "unwanted" is blocked from speaking in the very place that should be the height of free speech, which also makes it ironic that there is trigger warnings, that a video who argues against the left´s core group, is deemed as hate speech and the professor/TA who showed is now a far-right nutjob who should be fired. I was at NYU Law and saw a panel discussing the future of lectures and here the girl arguing for the "students" argued that there should a procedure where any student could report any "speech" by anyone which was deemed to be "hurtful"

Also, the shift in universities is not something people grow out of, why do you think we have "white privilege" and shift towards a justice system where a certain group is no longer equal under the law but has special rights attached to them. And here I am not just talking about women but also illegal immigration. Just look at Obama´s speech, it´s almost a echo of Trumps, but today the democrats all accuse anyone who shares that, of being a demagog because how dare anyone think that borders are there for a reason.

So sorry you may think its "super skewed" but again it´s all down to what side you are on.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Well, again it depends on which side you are on. Also 2007 is not that long ago so you should have seen this

And we are not talking about hippies, we are talking about a shift in the society where a "minority" is moving us all closer and closer to the abyss. While most universities are the far-left castle, where no one can share conservative views and anyone who the left deem as "unwanted" is blocked from speaking in the very place that should be the height of free speech, which also makes it ironic that there is trigger warnings, that a video who argues against the left´s core group, is deemed as hate speech and the professor/TA who showed is now a far-right nutjob who should be fired. I was at NYU Law and saw a panel discussing the future of lectures and here the girl arguing for the "students" argued that there should a procedure where any student could report any "speech" by anyone which was deemed to be "hurtful"

Also, the shift in universities is not something people grow out of, why do you think we have "white privilege" and shift towards a justice system where a certain group is no longer equal under the law but has special rights attached to them. And here I am not just talking about women but also illegal immigration. Just look at Obama´s speech, it´s almost a echo of Trumps, but today the democrats all accuse anyone who shares that, of being a demagog because how dare anyone think that borders are there for a reason.

So sorry you may think its "super skewed" but again it´s all down to what side you are on.

yup..

get used to it.

your breed is dying off

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Jacanuk said:

Also please provide a credible source as too liberal ideas being the most popular.

Not all, just most major ones, and the ones I'd say I think could be relevant to the Supreme Court.

Roe vs Wade/Abortion

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/02/politics/quinnipiac-roe-v-wade-poll/index.html

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/nbc-wsj-poll-support-roe-v-wade-hits-new-high-n893806

https://www.kff.org/health-reform/press-release/poll-two-thirds-of-americans-dont-want-the-supreme-court-to-overturn-roe-v-wade/

Gun Control

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx (Also higher w/out recent shooting spikes).

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/379939-ap-poll-finds-highest-support-for-gun-control-in-five-years

Climate Change

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2449

https://news.gallup.com/poll/206030/global-warming-concern-three-decade-high.aspx

http://closup.umich.edu/files/ieep-nsee-10-year-federalism.pdf

Gay Rights

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1651/gay-lesbian-rights.aspx

Weed

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/385018-poll-support-for-legal-marijuana-hits-all-time-high

Unions

https://news.gallup.com/poll/241679/labor-union-approval-steady-year-high.aspx

Healthcare

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/04/12/about-half-of-americans-support-single-payer-health-care/

https://news.gallup.com/poll/4708/healthcare-system.aspx

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/403248-poll-seventy-percent-of-americans-support-medicare-for-all

Dreamers/Wall

https://nypost.com/2018/01/11/huge-majority-of-americans-want-dreamers-to-stay-in-us-poll/

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/06/583402634/npr-poll-2-in-3-support-legal-status-for-dreamers-majority-oppose-building-a-wal

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/08/25/poll-finds-most-americans-oppose-wall-on-u-s-mexico-border/

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

And it all comes down to the liberal destruction of the educational system in America,

Huh? Blue states have higher education spending and education scores/stats.

https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED503486.pdf

Did you mean in your opinion?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

And it all comes down to the liberal destruction of the educational system in America,

Educational spending has nothing to do with the destruction of the educational system.

Did you follow the debate we were having or just jump in on this? Just so i know where to begin.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Also please provide a credible source as too liberal ideas being the most popular.

Not all, just most major ones, and the ones I'd say I think could be relevant to the Supreme Court.

Roe vs Wade/Abortion

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/02/politics/quinnipiac-roe-v-wade-poll/index.html

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/nbc-wsj-poll-support-roe-v-wade-hits-new-high-n893806

https://www.kff.org/health-reform/press-release/poll-two-thirds-of-americans-dont-want-the-supreme-court-to-overturn-roe-v-wade/

Gun Control

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx (Also higher w/out recent shooting spikes).

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/379939-ap-poll-finds-highest-support-for-gun-control-in-five-years

Climate Change

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2449

https://news.gallup.com/poll/206030/global-warming-concern-three-decade-high.aspx

http://closup.umich.edu/files/ieep-nsee-10-year-federalism.pdf

Gay Rights

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1651/gay-lesbian-rights.aspx

Weed

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/385018-poll-support-for-legal-marijuana-hits-all-time-high

Unions

https://news.gallup.com/poll/241679/labor-union-approval-steady-year-high.aspx

Healthcare

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/04/12/about-half-of-americans-support-single-payer-health-care/

https://news.gallup.com/poll/4708/healthcare-system.aspx

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/403248-poll-seventy-percent-of-americans-support-medicare-for-all

Dreamers/Wall

https://nypost.com/2018/01/11/huge-majority-of-americans-want-dreamers-to-stay-in-us-poll/

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/06/583402634/npr-poll-2-in-3-support-legal-status-for-dreamers-majority-oppose-building-a-wal

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/08/25/poll-finds-most-americans-oppose-wall-on-u-s-mexico-border/

Polls are not really credible sources, They are a small outtake.

An indication is to look at the elections and the fact that people seem to vote for in a majority politicians who are against the above unless you, of course, are a Democrat.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23063 Posts

@Jacanuk: "An indication is to look at the elections and the fact that people seem to vote for in a majority politicians who are against the above"

Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million votes.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jacanuk

@mattbbpl said:

@Jacanuk: "An indication is to look at the elections and the fact that people seem to vote for in a majority politicians who are against the above"

Except those votes came out of California a highly liberal state with a majority of Hispanic voters

But nice try.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk: What's your argument? That liberal people don't count or that Hispanic people don't count?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@Jacanuk: What's your argument? That liberal people don't count or that Hispanic people don't count?

All people are equal, some are just more equal than others....as people?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:

Polls are not really credible sources, They are a small outtake.

Those polls are known for being very credible and accurate, and typically correct for national opinions measures. It's highly unlikely they are not credible, and even if they were, there are multiple reliable polls for each issue I posted. Pretty much Iron Clad.

Those left leaning views are the popular ones until I see multiple, reliable, and recent polls showing otherwise. I will state that as a fact.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Educational spending has nothing to do with the destruction of the educational system.

Did you follow the debate we were having or just jump in on this? Just so i know where to begin.

Can you cite how the education system is being destroyed by liberals?

All the data I look at shows the education system AND results are superior in blue states, which also spend more on education.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

Except those votes came out of California a highly liberal state with a majority of Hispanic voters

But nice try.

Hispanics and Californians count.

I'm not sure you understand how National Polls work, but when polls states most Americans are for more gun control, Roe v Wade, weed, Daca, The Wall, etc. that includes those 2 groups. If the poll is only looking at Republicans, White Voters, or Red states, it will state this.

If you're worried about this skewing averages (such as there being more Democrats surveyed), they weight/correct polling. They are ahead of you on this, they have been for decades now.

Your posts makes no sense.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 mattbbpl

@zaryia said:

Can you cite how the education system was destroyed by liberals?

All the data I look at shows the education system AND results are superior in blue states, which also spend more on education.

They no longer teach creationism! How barbaric!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Zaryia
@mattbbpl said:
@zaryia said:

I think I know the issue he's talking about, and it's wildly overblown.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/03/16/the-campus-free-speech-crisis-is-a-myth-here-are-the-facts/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e085eeeb90b6

This isn't even a blip on the radar compared to the real education issues, which is what I'm loosely discussing.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#81  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11792 Posts

Yay, just what we need another ultra religious zealot in a position of power in our what is supposed to be secular government.

"Liberals are deconstructing the education in this country?" Have you not seen what the right wing has done to it. Specifically with Texas, and the text books? The push for superstitious make-believe like creationism in science glass. The massive defunding in the South for education as a whole. Sure Liberals have their problems, (I say that as an independent liberal) but they are not the problem, most of that does stem from the right. Which has basically become a cult of personality.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

But nice try.

I'm not sure you understand how National Polls work, but when polls states most Americans are for more gun control, Roe v Wade, weed, Daca, The Wall, etc. that includes those 2 groups. If the poll is only looking at Republicans, White Voters, or Red states, it will state this.

If you're worried about this skewing averages (such as there being more Democrats surveyed), they weight/correct polling. They are ahead of you on this, they have been for decades now.

Come on man! You know only white men count towards votes!

Seriously though, it blows my mind that people resort to these minority stats as if it doesn't out them as racists. Why else would you separate Hispanics and blacks from the American population when it comes to voting? it's disgusting.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
@Toxic-Seahorse said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

But nice try.

Come on man! You know only white men count towards votes!

Seriously though, it blows my mind that people resort to these minority stats as if it doesn't out them as racists. Why else would you separate Hispanics and blacks from the American population when it comes to voting? it's disgusting.

Conservatives for the first 200 years of American history: Race matters, we can't separate race from one's political opinions!

Conservatives for the next 200 years of American history: Race doesn't matter, why can't everyone just be colorblind!?!

LOL, **** off!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

But nice try.

And who said they didn´t? but you really think it does not matter that Trump took that extra hard stand on illegals and on Hispanics, and that did not reflect who they voted for. Meaning that the skewed result in an area with a majority Hispanics is like walking into a Rangers pub and asking how many like Celtic.

Also, you can cite those polls all you want but what was it they said about Clinton? was it a 99% chance of winning, and when those polls don´t reflect who people actually vote for, then clearly those polls do not mean anything. For someone who claims to be in med school, you sure lack basic understanding in a lot of fields. Also, by the way, shouldn´t you be pre-med?

@zaryia said:

Can you cite how the education system is being destroyed by liberals?

Go read coddling of the American mind, if you can read that is.

Also, you claim to be on the university campus somewhere in America, how many trigger warnings do you have? (and if you say zero I know you are lying) also how many counselling centres do you have? (on my campus we had 8 to help students with bad words)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Jacanuk

@mattbbpl said:
@zaryia said:

Very mature, but poor Matt, got slammed and can´t take the heat. Maybe not get into the kitchen next time.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Jacanuk

@theone86 said:

Conservatives for the first 200 years of American history: Race matters, we can't separate race from one's political opinions!

Conservatives for the next 200 years of American history: Race doesn't matter, why can't everyone just be colorblind!?!

LOL, **** off!

Who said anything about race?

But nice mischaracterization of what I said.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk: I got slammed on what now?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Jacanuk

@mattbbpl said:

@Jacanuk: I got slammed on what now?

What didn´t you get slammed on

But this time your badly done comment about the 3 million extra votes.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk: "What didn´t you get slammed on

But this time your badly done comment about the 3 million extra votes."

Walk me through it. You claimed that polls showing support for Democratic positions were BS because more people vote for Republicans. I pointed out that Trump lost the popular vote (as did Senate Republicans). How'd I get slammed?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Jacanuk

@mattbbpl said:

Walk me through it. You claimed that polls showing support for Democratic positions were BS because more people vote for Republicans. I pointed out that Trump lost the popular vote (as did Senate Republicans). How'd I get slammed?

Well, first of all, you pointed out voters in a liberal state voted liberal, go figure.

Second, you moved the goal post and began a whole derailment of the thread, The argument was that polls show people in favour of liberal ideas, while their actions tell a different story. So which one do you think is most accurate?

And last, if you want to take part in a debate about the educational system and the threat the liberal agenda is, you should try with arguments and not try to misrepresent what is being said.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 HoolaHoopMan

@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

Well, first of all, you pointed out voters in a liberal state voted liberal, go figure.

Oh, so you mean reality didn't fit your narrative? So you come back with a lame 'you were slammed' response. Pretty pathetic.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Jacanuk

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mattbbpl said:

Oh, so you mean reality didn't fit your narrative? So you come back with a lame 'you were slammed' response. Pretty pathetic.

No, i mean a skewed result in a state that is liberal is not an indication of a majority of Americans want liberals ideas.

But yes your attempt here is pretty pathetic.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TryIt

sure is a lot of 'crawling out of the woodwork' here on Politcal forums in just the past hour. i wonder why

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178880 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:

No, i mean a skewed result in a state that is liberal is not an indication of a majority of Americans want liberals ideas.

I don't think the word liberal means what you think it means........

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By HoolaHoopMan

@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:

A majority of the votes LITERALLY went to Hillary over Trump. Do you not understand this basic fact? The majority of people that voted in 2016 picked Hillary over Trump. Your claim is patently false.

Which number is bigger, 65,845,063 or 62,980,160? Please pick the number which is larger in count.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TryIt

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:

A majority of the votes LITERALLY went to Hillary over Trump. Do you not understand this basic fact? The majority of people that voted in 2016 picked Hillary over Trump. Your claim is patently false.

honestly I think the majority of Conservatives actually have no real idea what 'liberal ideas' even are

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Jacanuk

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:

Which number is bigger, 65,845,063 or 62,980,160? Please pick the number which is larger in count.

Do you not understand that Trump won 30 states, meaning a majority of America wanted Trump as their president.

Also, what don´t you get about an almost 4.3mill lead in California makes it absurd to talk about America wanted Hilliary.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178880 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:

Do you not understand that Trump won 30 states, meaning a majority of America wanted Trump as their president.

Also, what don´t you get about an almost 4.3mill lead in California makes it absurd to talk about America wanted Hilliary.

No that does NOT mean a majority of Americans. It means EC. They are NOT the same thing. At All.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 HoolaHoopMan

@Jacanuk said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Jacanuk said:

Your quote, 'No, i mean a skewed result in a state that is liberal is not an indication of a majority of Americans'.

You said Americans, not states. Now answer my question. Which number is larger, 65,845,063 or 62,980,160?