CNN Anchor Equates Being Called Fake News is Equal to The N Word for Journalists

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

You cannot make this stuff up. smh

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/829791447658405888

This is the same guy who said media can read leaked emails and leaked documents but no one else can apparently.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

Was reading about this. Even the writers and editors at NPR thought this was full-on retarded. Sam Sanders, a black reporter, simply responded on twitter with "NO NO NO NO NO NO"

EDIT: Also followed up with "no equivalent to n-word. Being told ur fake news no worse than being told ur work sucks, which happens 2 journos all the time"

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WhiteKnight77

@PraetorianMan said:

Was reading about this. Even the writers and editors at NPR thought this was full-on retarded. Sam Sanders, a black reporter, simply responded on twitter with "NO NO NO NO NO NO"

And why CNN is a joke nowadays.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#4 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@WhiteKnight77 said:
@PraetorianMan said:

Is it not insane that Trump says CNN is fake news, and he's right, then CNN says he's a paranoid narcissist, and they are right too. God, our discourse is fucked. Cspan is two months away from being sponsored by Mountain Dew.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WhiteKnight77

@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@PraetorianMan said:

Is it not insane that Trump says CNN is fake news, and he's right, then CNN says he's a paranoid narcissist, and they are right too. God, our discourse is fucked. Cspan is two months away from being sponsored by Mountain Dew.

I have said before that it is the media's job to report the news (and should be unbiased), not be the news, yet you got guys like this and Don Lemon on CNN doing exactly that.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

1.) Contrary to belief, people can be offended to such high degrees as other reprehensible adjectives. What's insane is trying to say your particular offense is comparable to another person's offense when it is impossible to relate.

2.) Being called "fake news" is not racist, sexist or any other classification of offense.

3.) Cuomo, like his brother, is a straight up jackass. These ass clowns need to lay off social media while keeping opinions to themselves.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Lol and the ratings go wild. Fools.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@WhiteKnight77 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@PraetorianMan said:

I have said before that it is the media's job to report the news (and should be unbiased), not be the news, yet you got guys like this and Don Lemon on CNN doing exactly that.

The mere fact that CNN did not fire Don Lemon years ago speaks volumes about what they value. He's a simpleton that provokes anger with his simple nature, he reports on stories then focuses on non pertinent information like their hair or clothes, he race baits then hides his hand, and gets piss drunk on air, acting like a jackass. It is the network that gave Al Sharpton and Melissa Harris Perry shows, though....

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Its childish to call Conservative News Network fake news. They arent as fake as Fox News.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WhiteKnight77

@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@PraetorianMan said:

The mere fact that CNN did not fire Don Lemon years ago speaks volumes about what they value. He's a simpleton that provokes anger with his simple nature, he reports on stories then focuses on non pertinent information like their hair or clothes, he race baits then hides his hand, and gets piss drunk on air, acting like a jackass. It is the network that gave Al Sharpton and Melissa Harris Perry shows, though....

Don't get me started on Sharpton. >_>

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#11 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Even though it's insulting, it is by no means on the same tier of offensiveness to a racial pejorative. Ridiculous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@WhiteKnight77 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

The ferocutide in which you lie supine and pontificate upon my position shows a surreptitious need to impune my character.

That is the insane way he, and other shysters speak.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WhiteKnight77

@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@hillelslovak said:

The ferocutide in which you lie supine and pontificate upon my position shows a surreptitious need to impune my character.

His character needs to be impugned more often.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@WhiteKnight77 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

His character needs to be impugned more often.

Loading Video...

Hitchens destroyed Sharpton for all time. The line about the title Reverend being something to be lived down rather than lived up to, spoke volumes.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

@WhiteKnight77 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@PraetorianMan said:

So, the Fairness Doctrine? Reagan had the FCC trash it for a reason. And I'm 100% sure modern day Conservatives don't want anything besides their alternative facts.

And Trump shouldn't even be complaining about fake news while simultaneously praising Fox and taking questions from Breitbart. They're objectively worse, but they get a free pass because they go really easy on him. That's a bigger problem than CNN's current standing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@HavocV3 said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@PraetorianMan said:

So, the Fairness Doctrine? Reagan had the FCC trash it for a reason. And I'm 100% sure modern day Conservatives don't want anything besides their alternative facts.

And Trump shouldn't even be complaining about fake news while simultaneously praising Fox and taking questions from Breitbart. They're objectively worse, but they get a free pass because they go really easy on him. That's a bigger problem than CNN's current standing.

Fox News being a propaganda channel does nothing to establish credibility for CNN. Look at CNN's numbers in that poll. Still, extremely pathetic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

He's probably right. Fake news is a derogatory term and "the n-word" is too. There's nothing special about the word "nigger" that makes it magical, it's an insult like many other. The fact that marxist American society wants to call it the "n-word" like it's 1984 is more troubling than the word itself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

I don't really see whats wrong here. Both are derogatory and whats worse is purely subjective. I know plenty of people who take pride in their work and would be more upset if someone unfairly dismisses that then if they insulted their race, gender or sexuality.

It's a silly thing to say because it doesn't really help his argument, and he should have known dumb people would take offence to it.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@toast_burner said:

I don't really see whats wrong here. Both are derogatory and whats worse is purely subjective. I know plenty of people who take pride in their work and would be more upset if someone unfairly dismisses that then if they insulted their race, gender or sexuality.

It's a silly thing to say because it doesn't really help his argument, and he should have known dumb people would take offence to it.

The clear difference here is that saying "you do fake news", whether it is true or not, is a statement about someone's work.Criticisms about someone's work generally imply that they can do better work. As in, "if the news that you're reporting now is fake, then you could decide to STOP reporting fake news."

That's kind of fundamentally different than insulting someone's race, since insulting someone's race is an attack on an inherent part of what they are.

That's the difference. Criticism about someone's work is generally a way of telling them that they can and should be doing better work. Criticizing someone for inherent unchangeable traits such as their race are an insult to their very existence. Sorry, but it's not a valid comparison.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

This is like Tom Brady going to court with the NFL. Just a perfect storm of hypocrisy with nobody stepping back for some perspective.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

LMAO fucking dipshit. Hate that guy such a douchebag.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Another win for Trump. Good job Cuomo.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Insults are insults. What bothers individuals is subjective....not objective.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WhiteKnight77

@HavocV3 said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@PraetorianMan said:

It is sad that there ever had to be a Fairness Doctrine to begin with. Still, that was created prior to the advent of cable TV, the internet, blogs and other ways to get news out. When there were just 4 stations on the air, it made sense, but with people paying for access to TV and the number of channels that grew on a yearly basis, it did not make sense anymore. One could blame Ted Turner for that when he created CNN, though they were a bit more centrist back then compared to now. Nowadays, with smartphones with cameras being the norm, even the typical citizen is a reporter now.

As far as Trump praising Fox or taking questions from Breitbart, do you not remember when Obama refused questions from Fox? CNN, MSNBC and all the others were given a free pass when it came to scandals during the Obama administration.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@WhiteKnight77 said:
@HavocV3 said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

It is sad that there ever had to be a Fairness Doctrine to begin with. Still, that was created prior to the advent of cable TV, the internet, blogs and other ways to get news out. When there were just 4 stations on the air, it made sense, but with people paying for access to TV and the number of channels that grew on a yearly basis, it did not make sense anymore. One could blame Ted Turner for that when he created CNN, though they were a bit more centrist back then compared to now. Nowadays, with smartphones with cameras being the norm, even the typical citizen is a reporter now.

As far as Trump praising Fox or taking questions from Breitbart, do you not remember when Obama refused questions from Fox? CNN, MSNBC and all the others were given a free pass when it came to scandals during the Obama administration.

Obama gave many hour long interviews with Fox News. Bill O Reilly interrupted him like a father with his child, and Obama did not walk out. This is relevant, despite the fact that he's still the president, bullshitter in chief. Obama was not calling fox, or anyone who disagreed with him, fake news, whilst praising CNN and MSNBC.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WhiteKnight77

@hillelslovak said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

Obama gave many hour long interviews with Fox News. Bill O Reilly interrupted him like a father with his child, and Obama did not walk out. This is relevant, despite the fact that he's still the president, bullshitter in chief. Obama was not calling fox, or anyone who disagreed with him, fake news, whilst praising CNN and MSNBC.

You might want to rethink that. Yes, Trump Called CNN 'Fake News.' But Does The Left Remember How Obama's White House Treated Fox?

In the Obama team's eyes, Fox News was a right-wing propaganda machine. As Anita Dunn, the White House communications director at the time, put it in an appearance on CNN:

“What I think is fair to say about Fox — and certainly it's the way we view it — is that it really is more a wing of the Republican Party. They take their talking points, put them on the air; take their opposition research, put them on the air. And that's fine. But let's not pretend they're a news network the way CNN is.”

Ouch. (An early version of the “fake news” attack?)

That wasn't all. The White House used its official blog to publicly call out what it labeled “Fox lies.” Politico referred to the sharp attack from the executive branch on a news organization as “unusual.” The White House also deliberately excluded Fox News from a round robin of presidential interviews in September 2009.

Obama was the first sitting President to ever make negative comments about a running candidate as well. That truly is shameful, but notice, not one news channel called him out on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts

Chris Cuomo is the poster child for Liberal Snowflakes.

Born to wealth and comfort, I doubt he's ever cleaned his own toilet, mowed his own grass, or washed his own clothes.

I guess when you've never faced any real adversity or hardship in your life, you can imagine your hurt feelings over having your work criticized are tantamount to persecution.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

When I have to rely on Phillip deFranco on Youtube for journalistic integrity, that's when you know you can't believe anything a major news network puts out.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WhiteKnight77

@foxhound_fox said:

When I have to rely on Phillip deFranco on Youtube for journalistic integrity, that's when you know you can't believe anything a major news network puts out.

As I stated earlier, it is sad that there ever had to be a Fairness Doctrine, but I understand why it was in place previously. Imagine if it were still in place. Rachel Madcow (Maddow) over on MSNBC would have a serious conniption fit for having to speak favorably of Trump.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@MrGeezer said:
@toast_burner said:

The clear difference here is that saying "you do fake news", whether it is true or not, is a statement about someone's work.Criticisms about someone's work generally imply that they can do better work. As in, "if the news that you're reporting now is fake, then you could decide to STOP reporting fake news."

That's kind of fundamentally different than insulting someone's race, since insulting someone's race is an attack on an inherent part of what they are.

That's the difference. Criticism about someone's work is generally a way of telling them that they can and should be doing better work. Criticizing someone for inherent unchangeable traits such as their race are an insult to their very existence. Sorry, but it's not a valid comparison.

You know I've been considering making a topic about how, at least in America, people identify with their job. It comes with problems, and it's one of the many reasons why things like the recession and job loss hit so hard. Now obviously there's a difference between this and race as one is a mindset where the other is a reality, but still it causes similar issues.

As Tyler Durden said, "You are not your job." The reason he had to say that though is because people often identify themselves as such.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

All these major news networks are fake news including MSNBC, CBS, CNN, and Fox,

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic

@flyincloud1116 said:

Buying into the narrative is dangerous. They aren't fake news. They have a slant. That doesn't make what they report fake. There is a difference. Educate yourself.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

Buying into the narrative is dangerous. They aren't fake news. They have a slant. That doesn't make what they report fake. There is a difference. Educate yourself.

The new shaming words from social justice warriors. Presenting your opinion as fact isn't fact, it's fake and dangerous. K* yourself.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

@flyincloud1116 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

The new shaming words from social justice warriors. Presenting your opinion as fact isn't fact, it's fake and dangerous. K* yourself.

LOL the right burying his head in the sand and pretending his words make sense. It's like you strung a sentence there and didn't even address what I said. Education is indeed needed. Don't be afraid of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

Fake news imo is a horrible and weak way to call them.. They are corporate propaganda machines.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@flyincloud1116 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

Whether something is fake or not is not a matter of opinion.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@toast_burner said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

Whether something is fake or not is not a matter of opinion.

No, whether a fact is to be believed or not (fake) is a matter of supporting evidence.

Whether your opinion is correct or not, that is a matter of opinion.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Stop putting out fake, slanted bs and you'll stop being called fake, kinda simple.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

Fake news imo is a horrible and weak way to call them.. They are corporate propaganda machines.

Agreed.

They are biased as hell, and they arent all that great at their job. But calling them Fake News is just stretching the term 'Fake News' way too loosely. Criticism is good, but criticism should be honest. Calling them fake news isnt exactly targetting the real issue at hand.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#40  Edited By Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Just like muslims crying Islamophobia anytime someone criticizes their religion.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The whole FAKE NEWS is getting to them. Ironic, because they jumped on the bandwagon with WP.

Loading Video...

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By iandizion713

@Gaming-Planet: That was fake news from Trump once again.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gaming-Planet
@iandizion713 said:

Bernie Sanders was using the term "FAKE NEWS" Jokingly.

Maybe you should read the title. Even CNN can't take jokes to describe Trump if it involved their network. It's pretty black and white here.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 iandizion713

@Gaming-Planet: Which Trump then turned into fake news.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gaming-Planet
@iandizion713 said:

@Gaming-Planet: Which Trump then turned into fake news.

I don't see how that is relevant.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iandizion713

@Gaming-Planet: I was just showing how the right is stuck using fake news.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Gaming-Planet said:
@iandizion713 said:

Maybe you should read the title. Even CNN can't take jokes to describe Trump if it involved their network. It's pretty black and white here.

It WAS technical difficulties. Anything else is fake news.

Stop with this national inquirer/breitbart crap.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zaryia

@vfighter said:

Stop putting out fake, slanted bs and you'll stop being called fake, kinda simple.

The biggest issue they were called out on being fake news ended up being true, confirmed by multiple sources including VP Biden and Fox News the very next day. The second one was the crowd size fiasco, in which Trump was wrong AGAIN.

It was literally just Trump throwing a fit most of the time, and calling anything he doesn't like as Fake News. It's his defense strategy, and Spicer tried it and got grilled for it. (LOL SNL). Which is funny becuase his friendlyness with Fox and Breitbart, the latter of which is basically the National Inquirer of political news - and ACTUALLY (not pretend, like with CNN v Trump) is fake news most of the time.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/12/sperry-obama-organizing-violent-anti-trump-protesters-just-miles-white-house/

https://weather.com/news/news/breitbart-misleads-americans-climate-change

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gaming-Planet
@zaryia said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@iandizion713 said:

Got proof of that? Seems like Bernie's joke to describe Trump got him in trouble. He didn't use it to describe the network, he used to describe Trump. That's why I said Trump's tweet is irrelevant here.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zaryia

@Gaming-Planet said:
@zaryia said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@iandizion713 said:

Got proof of that? Seems like Bernie's joke to describe Trump got him in trouble. He didn't use it to describe the network, he used to describe Trump. That's why I said Trump's tweet is irrelevant here.

The burden of proof is on the person who makes the claim, you're going against the established fact with a new claim.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/feb/12/donald-trump/donald-trump-wrongly-says-cnn-cut-bernie-sanders-c/