About the flag, taking a knee during the anthem, real talk here.

• 154 results
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@toast_burner said:

This reminds me of the episode of Futurama where Zoidberg eats a flag.

I'll say the people getting angry about this are far more anti-american than those that kneel during the anthem.

American patrioitism isnt standing up for the american anthem/flag, instead it is understanding and respecting the fact that they live in a country that would tolerate a person's liberty to do something like this.

This outrage is just as bad as the PC outrage coming from the likes of Anita Sarkeesian. As a matter of fact, the cultists, who outright tried to get them fired are being worse than Anita Sarkeesian.

Fake edit: I was actually considering burning a flag once, not to defile it, but to honor my country. Trump's hostility towards free speech and the press, taught me just how much we take freedom of speech for granted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#52 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

They are taking a knee, that's no disrespect on the contrary.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@drunk_pi: The 1st Amendment protects your right to free speech from being infringed upon by the US government. The NFL is a private enterprise. Try again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@ad1x2 said:
@Mercenary848 said:

You have the demeanor and communication skills of a teenage girl. You can't refute my point and it made your brain hurt, so regressed to your default status of making a childish retort. This new board really attracted a lot of idiots, and you are vying for front seat on the short bus n64.

While I understand that he likes to troll, your statement about it being other people's fault for choosing to be offended is debatable. For example, consider a situation where a white nationalist refers to black people as the N word. The First Amendment says that it is perfectly legal, but would you suggest that a black person has no right to be offended because the white nationalist was nonviolent when he called black people that?

Yes, I realize that for some people, the flag is meaningless to them and they would probably ask how someone can be more offended over disrespecting the flag or kneeling during the National Anthem versus someone using a racial slur. However, while a flag may be meaningless to someone that has issues with race relations in America, another person that is patriotic may be deeply offended by it. Them being deeply offended doesn't mean they are racist, and both the disrespect of the flag and the racial slur offends them.

You're comparing people kneeling during the national anthem to calling a black person the N word?

This may be the silliest hot take I've read on this subject so far, holy shit.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Maroxad

Ok, I watched the video.

That was quite a bit of alternate history in there, as well as misinterpretions regarding the protests.

Does this waste of oxygen even have the slightest clue of what the relationship between Martin Luther King Jr and the FBI were?

Edit: "Stop whining like a baby"... he should take his own advice. He sounded incredibly triggered in that video.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@n64dd:

I actually agree with you and the guy in the video on this one N64.

I'm sick of the idiots who disrespect the flag of the country that allowed them to make millions playing a freaking game.

I understand freedom of action in this great country, but there are basic common sense things you do not do, you show respect to the country and representative flag that provided you with the freedom to have a great life. It has nothing to do with the issues.

I voted for Hillary Clinton but I agree with Donald Trump on this issue, it's just a basic thing you do, but so many people are such frigging lost idiots that can't separate issues from being grateful they live and prosper in a great country.

Allowed them? The country itself has nothing to do with but with the fans of the sport.

If you understand freedom in this country than you shouldn't be offended by what the NFL did. It was a protest against what trump said. I don't agree with donald who wants people fired for exercising their amendment rights....and anyone for freedom should be disgusted at how little he values them..........for others.

I'm disappointed in you AF.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@frank_castle said:

@drunk_pi: The 1st Amendment protects your right to free speech from being infringed upon by the US government. The NFL is a private enterprise. Try again.

Pretty much. The 1A doesn't grant you the right to express yourself as you see fit at your job.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@frank_castle said:

Pretty much. The 1A doesn't grant you the right to express yourself as you see fit at your job.

And yet Colin K. did and so did a bunch of NFL players so... yeah. Sorry but try again?

But it depends. Corporations can't absolutely restrict your freedom to speak or express yourself, and it all depends on the setting.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Solaryellow

@drunk_pi said:
@Solaryellow said:
@frank_castle said:

And yet Colin K. did and so did a bunch of NFL players so... yeah. Sorry but try again?

But it depends. Corporations can't absolutely restrict your freedom to speak or express yourself, and it all depends on the setting.

Try again? Learn about the constitution before you start with your sermon. The owners allowed these knuckleheads to stage their protests.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LJS9502_basic

@Solaryellow said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Solaryellow said:
@frank_castle said:

Try again? Learn about the constitution before you start with your sermon. The owners allowed these knuckleheads to stage their protests.

Therefore stop whining about them doing it. Their employers are okay with it................get over it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#61 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:
@drunk_pi said:
@Solaryellow said:
@frank_castle said:

Therefore stop whining about them doing it. Their employers are okay with it................get over it.

Not before Trump got involved and also Cowboys did not do it during the anthem.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

They knelt....including the owner pre anthem then locked their arms in solidarity. Sunday/Monday was a statement to trump from the NFL players;/owners.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

They knelt....including the owner pre anthem then locked their arms in solidarity. Sunday/Monday was a statement to trump from the NFL players;/owners.

And? They did not do it during the anthem. As i said previously , i have zero problem with them doing it before or after.

They had the character to honour our troops and stand during the anthem which is all that matters.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@perfect_blue said:
@ad1x2 said:
@Mercenary848 said:

You have the demeanor and communication skills of a teenage girl. You can't refute my point and it made your brain hurt, so regressed to your default status of making a childish retort. This new board really attracted a lot of idiots, and you are vying for front seat on the short bus n64.

While I understand that he likes to troll, your statement about it being other people's fault for choosing to be offended is debatable. For example, consider a situation where a white nationalist refers to black people as the N word. The First Amendment says that it is perfectly legal, but would you suggest that a black person has no right to be offended because the white nationalist was nonviolent when he called black people that?

Yes, I realize that for some people, the flag is meaningless to them and they would probably ask how someone can be more offended over disrespecting the flag or kneeling during the National Anthem versus someone using a racial slur. However, while a flag may be meaningless to someone that has issues with race relations in America, another person that is patriotic may be deeply offended by it. Them being deeply offended doesn't mean they are racist, and both the disrespect of the flag and the racial slur offends them.

You're comparing people kneeling during the national anthem to calling a black person the N word?

This may be the silliest hot take I've read on this subject so far, holy shit.

Read the purpose of the reply and try not to get stuck on the N-word versus flag/National Anthem disrespect comparison you put in your response. Or, you can read my second reply to him after he questioned my original response.

The whole point of my reply to him was that his original post (which you didn't quote) that stated we should blame the person who is offended for not having thicker skin, instead of blaming the person that performed the offensive action for offending the target, is something that I disagreed with.

Just like a patriotic person is probably going to be offended when someone intentionally disrespects their country (regardless of whether or not they agree with others having the right to do it), a black person is probably going to be offended if a person says the N word for the purpose of offending black people. The word doesn't even have to be said out of racism on behalf of the person who said it; they could be singing along with a rap song and still be accused of being racist.

Despite that, it seems like it's okay to call someone a snowflake for being offended over intentionally disrespecting the country, regardless of what it means to them, but if someone here tried to call someone a snowflake for being offended over a racial slur, chances are the person saying that would be universally condemned and accused of being racist themselves.

For your information, as a black man, it would greatly offend me if some racist was openly using the N word to refer to his or her problems with black people. As an American that actually cares about my country, it offends me when people intentionally disrespects the flag or National Anthem, especially when their reasons are to defy one man, especially when some of the people disrespecting it are doing it not because of police corruption like it was originally done for, but as a result of their most recent symptoms of TDS.

You don't have to pick which one offends you, both can be offensive to you, although one can offend you more than the other. I also have the ability to realize that both are protected by the First Amendment, and in exchange for the ability for me to say what I want without being charged with a crime, I also have to be able to accept that others will have the ability to say what they want even if I don't want to hear it. I don't have a right to not be offended, I just have a right to have a nonviolent disagreement with them.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts
@AFBrat77 said:

@n64dd:

I actually agree with you and the guy in the video on this one N64.

I'm sick of the idiots who disrespect the flag of the country that allowed them to make millions playing a freaking game.

I understand freedom of action in this great country, but there are basic common sense things you do not do, you show respect to the country and representative flag that provided you with the freedom to have a great life. It has nothing to do with the issues.

I voted for Hillary Clinton but I agree with Donald Trump on this issue, it's just a basic thing you do, but so many people are such frigging lost idiots that can't separate issues from being grateful they live and prosper in a great country.

so if there is something wrong with my country i should just shut up and be happy i live here?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

"So what should we get outraged over today?, Something important?"

"Nah, let's just get outraged that some decide to kneel rather then stand upright with their right hand on the heart during a national anthem."

"Cool"

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@comp_atkins: people like him scare me.

This is how autocracies are born.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Maroxad

https://9gag.com/gag/aDzZ4Bw

The principle of free speech, there are so few who beleive in it. This cult-like Nationalism needs to go away.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

America is becoming the shittiest country in the world, everyone has the right to criticize it, including football players. They are not making it about themselves, they are showing that they are against what there country is doing to its citizens. I know right wingers think that everyone is selfish, and only out for themselves, and that human decency doesn't exist, but chill the hell out.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 comp_atkins

@n64dd said:

This pretty much sums up how I feel. You should feel this way too.

"you don't get to decide how I choose to exercise my right to protest, nor what I choose to protest"

pretty much sums up how i feel.

not going to say you should feel this way too because that is part of the whole fucking problem with this; people trying to tell other people how they should think / feel.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Solaryellow

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:
@drunk_pi said:

The castrated old white men are fine with it because they don't want to be looked upon as racist and don't have much care besides the bottom line. They will take notice when (if it happens) people stop buying merchandise and attending and watching games. This has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 AlexKidd5000
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jacanuk

@comp_atkins said:
@n64dd said:

"you don't get to decide how I choose to exercise my right to protest, nor what I choose to protest"

not going to say you should feel this way too because that is part of the whole fucking problem with this; people trying to tell other people how they should think / feel.

Nice , so remember next time you see a marine to go over and piss on him.

Or i'm sure there is a few monuments you can "protest" at.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By AlexKidd5000

@Jacanuk said:
@comp_atkins said:
@n64dd said:

Still doesn't get it. Typical.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Jacanuk

@AlexKidd5000 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@comp_atkins said:
@n64dd said:

Wait , you actually post a comment.

You sure you can´t find a youtube video that would help you like normal?

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I say it's a bunch of fake outrage to say your offended by someone taking a knee. Also adults shouldn't be so easily offended.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#77 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@comp_atkins:

No, you should perhaps protest, but don't drag the flag and the country it represents down with it. Separate things.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 AlexKidd5000

@Jacanuk said:
@AlexKidd5000 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@comp_atkins said:
@n64dd said:

Making fun of your pathetic sorry cuntservative ass. **** yeah I'm gonna post comedic videos.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Jacanuk

@AlexKidd5000 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@AlexKidd5000 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@comp_atkins said:

Making fun of your pathetic sorry cuntservative ass. **** yeah I'm gonna post comedic videos.

Sorry all i hear is "bla bla bla bla im a 5year old kid who can´t post my own opinion but need youtube shit to talk for me"

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 comp_atkins

@Jacanuk said:
@comp_atkins said:
@n64dd said:

you have to stop the q-tip when there's resistance!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

And? They did not do it during the anthem. As i said previously , i have zero problem with them doing it before or after.

They had the character to honour our troops and stand during the anthem which is all that matters.

Only right wing nuts bring troops into this.........

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 LJS9502_basic

@DaBrainz said:

I say it's a bunch of fake outrage to say your offended by someone taking a knee. Also adults shouldn't be so easily offended.

Easily triggered I tell you.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#84 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@n64dd:

I don't think it should matter how people choose to pledge to the anthem. Kneeling or standing, it's all the same shit.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Are you a complete nutjob? Again do you even know why the national anthem is being played?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Are you a complete nutjob? Again do you even know why the national anthem is being played?

Are you a complete nut job? Again do you even know what is being protested? The answer it appears is no.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 comp_atkins

@AFBrat77 said:

@comp_atkins:

No, you should perhaps protest, but don't drag the flag and the country it represents down with it. Separate things.

ah. so i should plan my protest from the official "acceptable protest methods" handbook.

care to send me a copy?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Are you a complete nut job? Again do you even know what is being protested? The answer it appears is no.

Nice deflection.

Maybe you should read a book or educate yourself on why the national anthem is being played. A hint it's not to please the right or to piss of the poor NFL players.

And here is a picture hint as well, since i know you like those books with pictures.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#89 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Traitors of the very country where even the poorest people have it better than wealthy in 3rd world countries. They are pathetic, selfish individuals whom take for granted out of ignorance, the very essence of what so many patriots have died for.

If they have no respect for the lives they have been given thanks to our fore fathers due to ridiculous ideologies and political bias to stand for those that have sacrificed, then they should go live in another country.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk: Get off it. You keep repeating that but it's moot.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Nice deflection.

Maybe you should read a book or educate yourself on why the national anthem is being played. A hint it's not to please the right or to piss of the poor NFL players.

And here is a picture hint as well, since i know you like those books with pictures.

the national anthem is played in order to assimilate all the different races and cultures into one culture known as american. Brainwashing mission pretty much. If the US was a mono culture, ie all whites of a british background, there is no way in hell the national anthem would be played so much. How else are you going to group together irish whites, italian whites, swedish whites, nigerian blacks, ghanian blacks, egyptians, sudanese, somalians, african american blacks, indians, chinese, cambodians etc etc etc. What if they all kept their own culture and propogated it down generation after generation?? Thats a recipe for civil war. Thats where this whole nationalism thing comes from...simple but effective strategy.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Nice deflection.

the national anthem is played in order to assimilate all the different races and cultures into one culture known as american. Brainwashing mission pretty much. If the US was a mono culture, ie all whites of a british background, there is no way in hell the national anthem would be played so much. How else are you going to group together irish whites, italian whites, swedish whites, nigerian blacks, ghanian blacks, egyptians, sudanese, somalians, african american blacks, indians, chinese, cambodians etc etc etc. What if they all kept their own culture and propogated it down generation after generation?? Thats a recipe for civil war. Thats where this whole nationalism thing comes from...simple but effective strategy.

But they do keep their own culture. Why would you think otherwise?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 LJS9502_basic

@Chutebox said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@Jacanuk said:

Nice deflection.

The National Anthem was written when Fort Henry was being attacked. Yes it became the anthem but it's not a tribute to the military. I don't why the dude keeps saying that. And FYI the music is from a British song.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 blaznwiipspman1

@Chutebox said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

Nice deflection.

maybe the 1st generation immigrants their own culture matters than being american. But 2nd generation onwards, its american first and culture second.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 blaznwiipspman1

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Chutebox said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@Jacanuk said:

Nice deflection.

The National Anthem was written when Fort Henry was being attacked. Yes it became the anthem but it's not a tribute to the military. I don't why the dude keeps saying that. And FYI the music is from a British song.

the national anthem itself isn't the problem, but the fact that its played so much--thats where the brainwashing starts. Your kid goes to school, first thing he does is stand up and salute the anthem. Every single day--1st thing the kid does. You go to a sporting event, and everyone is standing up and paying homage to the anthem. Its engrained the brainwashing.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Chutebox said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@Jacanuk said:

Nice deflection.

Nice trolling.

When you try to argue against actual facts, it´s clear that you are just a tiny troll so have fun with your delusions

Also for the record Francis Scott Key was a american.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Chutebox said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@Jacanuk said:

Nice deflection.

Nice trolling.

When you try to argue against actual facts, it´s clear that you are just a tiny troll so have fun with your delusions

The music wasn't. Why don't you LEARN actual facts?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Chutebox said:

Nice trolling.

Who gives a shit about where the music came from?

The national anthem is the national anthem and the reason why it´s played does not change because the music was from "The Motherland" Britain

But don´t worry i know you are just a troll and try to distort things to fit into your insane worldview. But if i recall you live in the uk so who gives a shit what you think.

And again nice deflection from the fact that you have no clue to the reason behind playing the national anthem at sporting events lol.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

Nice trolling.

The national anthem is the national anthem and the reason why it´s played does not change because the music was from "The Motherland" Britain

But don´t worry i know you are just a troll and try to distort things to fit into your insane worldview. But if i recall you live in the uk so who gives a shit what you think.

And again nice deflection from the fact that you have no clue to the reason behind playing the national anthem at sporting events lol.

Ah reversing course now that you realize you were wrong. Again.

No you're the troll. You have zero knowledge of every topic you discuss so we can only assume you're trolling.

The reason it's played at sporting events? Money. It's not necessary except in world competitions.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

Nice trolling.

Ah reversing course now that you realize you were wrong. Again.

No you're the troll. You have zero knowledge of every topic you discuss so we can only assume you're trolling.

The reason it's played at sporting events? Money. It's not necessary except in world competitions.

i get why Steve stopped the "debate" with you.

You are clearly a troll

But if you ever served in any military capacity , please do those "comrades" the favor of learning why the national anthem is being played.