lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#201 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44574 Posts

One effective thing is going back to funding CDC to collect data on gun related deaths and injuries to look for ways to pass measures to effectively reduct deaths and injuries. That's just one thing. They use to do this but no longer do because the usual suspects "derp-derp anti-freedom duurrrrr".

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2141 Posts

@JimB said:
@rmpumper said:

Fuckers already blaming video games and rap music. Anything but guns and sometimes mental health, which they never want to fund anyway.

Video games and rap music all play their part into societies loss of a moral compass. Life is no longer considered precious. We have given up our soul as a nation for political correctness and not hurting anyone's feelings.

You are contradicting yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

pretty sure rap and video games are anything but political correctness, but w/e smoke another.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#204 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Wow, anyone hearing the more recent reports of the police response to this incident? They chased the suspect into the school, surrounded it, the suspect started executing, and shots went on for like 40 minutes while the police, several police did nothing. Disgusting display by law enforcement, there's no excuse for that.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

These pathetic rats,

Senator who has received $1m from NRA runs into a locked door trying to avoid Texas shooting questions | The Independent

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Every time I read discussions like these, I die a little bit inside… you guys were supposed to live in the greatest country on earth, you were most of the world leading star representing freedom and the good life, and now you you have degraded into this… wtf happened America??:(

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17860 Posts
@rmpumper said:
@JimB said:
@rmpumper said:

Fuckers already blaming video games and rap music. Anything but guns and sometimes mental health, which they never want to fund anyway.

Video games and rap music all play their part into societies loss of a moral compass. Life is no longer considered precious. We have given up our soul as a nation for political correctness and not hurting anyone's feelings.

If JimB is a country music fan (bet) he's gonna have to defend lyrics like "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die." But it's okay because it's not rap.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Guns get less regulated every time something like this happens, but I'm not sure what is even still being regulated. Bump stocks got banned a few years ago. Maybe we will bring bump stocks back. I guess some states still require a permit to carry a gun. Some of them will probably roll back that requirement. Then when the next shooting happens in August, we can blame mental health and work on more ways to get more guns into the hands of crazy people.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Zaryia
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Guns get less regulated every time something like this happens, but I'm not sure what is even still being regulated. Bump stocks got banned a few years ago. Maybe we will bring bump stocks back. I guess some states still require a permit to carry a gun. Some of them will probably roll back that requirement. Then when the next shooting happens in August, we can blame mental health and work on more ways to get more guns into the hands of crazy people.

At this point it feels like the right-wing is Sylvanus trying to send souls to the Jailer (video game reference!). Between their gun lunacy, anti-vaxxing, monopoly on domestic terror, and climate denial.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#210 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3871 Posts

@zaryia said:
@JimB said:
@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:

@comp_atkins: yeah. Everytime there a mass shooting. All the media and politicians start parroting restrictions, regulations, and bans.

So people are like, " I need to get that rifle I wanted before these bastards outlaw em" I've legit seen friends of mine do this exact thing.

Also civil unrest, durring the riots in 2020. Knew several people who bought guns that summer, one girl I knew got one after her car windshield got smashed in durring a riot, she had never had a gun before but didn't feel safe where she was at

Are you against common sense background checks, or are you part of the gun death cult?

In NY a background check was preformed on the Buffalo mass shooter and nothing was revealed to keep him from purchasing a firearm, even though he had been questioned by police and had a mental evaluation.

Are you saying expanded and universal background checks would have no national impact on average gun violence? There is enough research showing there would be an impact.

Research Suggests Gun Background Checks Work, But They're Not Everything : NPR

No harm in trying going by this data. Only potential positives. Just like with assault weapon restrictions.

The background checks will not tell what a person thinks. Take Snowden for example he had an extensive background check and still leaked government secrets. The government blamed the company doing the background check for their leaks instead of taking the blame for their failure to check his mental state. It is also a problem where other laws conflict with them like HIPPA which prevents the most important information concerning a persons menta stability if they have received treatment.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Eoten

@Serraph105 said:

@eoten: which is why I asked you to name some things that you believe would help solve the problem and that you would allow politicians to support.

Well, probably a look into the number of areas that typically fail in these situations. History of criminality and mental health problems, especially when it includes threads of violence or self harm are adequate reasons for a doctor to go to a judge, and have someone more closely looked at, while their weapons are confiscated in the process. But that takes effort, and many times those in this position to put this in front of the court cannot be bothered to do so.

Quite often these people are being watched by the FBI after making threats, nothing is done.

Then we have the school systems that tend to overlook a lot of bullying, teachers can see it happen in front of them, and they just can't be bothered to deal with the problem. Kids who don't want to be there are forced to be there and they make the experience miserable for those around them because schools do not want to act on the problem.

Then there's the mental health aspect. Almost all these people are on some kind of medication, some kind of anti depressant. These alter brain chemistry and for teenagers, whose body chemistry is out of whack to begin with, should we really be giving out Xanax like they're candy? And why do we overmedicate people who probably don't need it, often causing more problems in the end? Profits for big pharma. Doctors get paid to prescribe certain amounts of certain drugs to enough people.

Then there's the social media aspect of it. We do have kids who value their self worth entirely by how many TikTok followers we have. They're set up in a situation where they believe their lives are ruined if they don't have enough. Then there's the cyber bullying aspect of social media, where anyone can anonymously terrorize anyone without risk of repercussions or a punch to the face.

There are several contributing factors. All get overlooked out of convenience or profit, but as all this is on the rise, so too are we seeing a rise in suicides, and a tiny, rare minority of those kill others. Let's be real, shooters usually don't expect to live through it, most kill themselves, or commit suicide by cop. By time they start shooting, they've already determined that they are finished with life.

.... Would you rather seriously just pick a tool, which isn't even the only one used, blame it, and ignore all the underlying causes? How is that any better than scapegoating a video game?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Eoten
@br0kenrabbit said:
@rmpumper said:
@JimB said:
@rmpumper said:

If JimB is a country music fan (bet) he's gonna have to defend lyrics like "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die." But it's okay because it's not rap.

Not a country fan, but I am at least aware of that song enough to know the context of the lyrics matter.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 br0kenrabbit

@eoten said:

Not a country fan, but I am at least aware of that song enough to know the context of the lyrics matter.

How 'bout some Louvin Bros.? Don't get much more violent than some LB:

Loading Video...

I met a little girl in Knoxville, a town we all know well,

And every Sunday evening, out in her home I'd dwell,

We went to take an evening walk about a mile from town,

I picked a stick up off the ground and knocked that fair girl down.

She fell down on her bended knees for mercy she did cry,

Oh Willy dear don't kill me here, I'm unprepared to die,

She never spoke another word, I only beat her more,

Until the ground around me within her blood did flow.

I took her by her golden curls and I drug her round and around,

Throwing her into the river that flows through Knoxville town,

Go down, go down, you Knoxville girl with the dark and rolling eyes,

Go down, go down, you Knoxville girl, you can never be my bride.

I started back to Knoxville, got there about midnight,

My Mother she was worried and woke up in a fright,

Saying "Dear son, what have you done to bloody your clothes so?"

I told my anxious Mother, I was bleeding at my nose.

I called for me a candle to light myself to bed,

I called for me a handkerchief to bind my aching head,

Rolled and tumbled the whole night through, as troubles was for me,

Like flames of hell around my bed and in my eyes could see.

They carried me down to Knoxville and put me in a cell,

My friends all tried to get me out but none could get my bail,

I'm here to waste my life away down in this dirty old jail,

Because I murdered that Knoxville girl, the girl I loved so well.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Eoten
@br0kenrabbit said:
@eoten said:

Loading Video...

ROFLMAO.. who? Never heard of them, but then again I don't listen to it as much as you do. Regardless, I never said this shooting had anything to do with music. Just pointing out how stupid your last, off-topic comment was

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 br0kenrabbit

@eoten said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@eoten said:

Loading Video...

ROFLMAO.. who? Never heard of them, but then again I don't listen to it as much as you do. Regardless, I never said this shooting had anything to do with music. Just pointing out how stupid your last, off-topic comment was

Was the point. I was using the same logical syntax JimB was using to blame rap.

You're right, it's stupid. But there you go.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#216  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8244 Posts
@br0kenrabbit said:
@rmpumper said:
@JimB said:
@rmpumper said:

Its not music. Its culture. I agree with JimB to a point.

"societies loss of a moral compass. Life is no longer considered precious."

I do believe this is happening. I'm not going to blame just the music industry, or Hollywood, or social media, or any particular influencers. its everything. its culture. America has been pushing a rotten culture and the kids are coming up on it and adults embrace it and push it for money.

That Knoxville girl song was from 1956. We did not have cases of people going into schools and slaying children like this in 1956. Because its not just a song, its not just a movie, its the entire culture.

Guns have always been here, so what changed? The culture changed. What was considered politically correct in 1956 was a lot different than what's considered political correct in 2022. Politics is downstream from culture.

I have my own theory of how this happened. I partially blame baby boomers. In particular I blame the counter culture of the 1960's. I'm a millennial, but I see the toxicity of my own generation just being everything that rolled downhill from the counter culture of the 1960s.

The false sense of "liberation" with Drugs, Sex, and just straight up being a lazy degenerate and rejecting "work" culture.

This mindset of just live free and do what ever you want. Lead to bad parents who had worse off children and a society that embraces bad things for society over good things for society.

We now live in a degenerate society. There is a lot more to my theory than that. I could rant about it... But that's the gist of it

Loading Video...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23038 Posts

@JimB said:
@rmpumper said:

Lol. A post that laments vulgar media destroying the fabric of society and complains about political correctness in the same breath.

Self awareness truly is dead.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@JimB said:
@rmpumper said:

Lol. A post that laments vulgar media destroying the fabric of society and complains about political correctness in the same breath.

Dude, did JimB just say video games are contributing to societal loss....on a video game site forum?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 mattbbpl

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@mattbbpl said:
@JimB said:
@rmpumper said:

Dude, did JimB just say video games are contributing to societal loss....on a video game site forum?

And then said part of the problem is that people express themselves too delicately and people aren't offensive enough.

Pick a lane.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127508 Posts

@mattbbpl: Your avatar is fitting.

I understand the police wouldn’t enter in this case. Is that correct?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 br0kenrabbit

@sargentd said:

Its not music. Its culture. I agree with JimB to a point.

I do believe this is happening. I'm not going to blame just the music industry, or Hollywood, or social media, or any particular influencers. its everything. its culture. America has been pushing a rotten culture and the kids are coming up on it and adults embrace it and push it for money.

That Knoxville girl song was from 1956. We did not have cases of people going into schools and slaying children like this in 1956. Because its not just a song, its not just a movie, its the entire culture.

Guns have always been here, so what changed? The culture changed. What was considered politically correct in 1956 was a lot different than what's considered political correct in 2022. Politics is downstream from culture.

I have my own theory of how this happened. I partially blame baby boomers. In particular I blame the counter culture of the 1960's. I'm a millennial, but I see the toxicity of my own generation just being everything that rolled downhill from the counter culture of the 1960s.

The false sense of "liberation" with Drugs, Sex, and just straight up being a lazy degenerate and rejecting "work" culture.

This mindset of just live free and do what ever you want. Lead to bad parents who had worse off children and a society that embraces bad things for society over good things for society.

We now live in a degenerate society. There is a lot more to my theory than that. I could rant about it... But that's the gist of it

My town (just outside of Knoxville) was suffering race riots and exploding schools during those halcyon days of the 1950's. This is my town during the 50's:

https://www.life.com/history/school-integration-clinton-history/

Is that what you want to return to? THAT poison culture? Because it was culture. It was backed up in music, from the church pulpit, TV, radio...

Did you forget about all the poor kids that were lynched during this period? And their murders often openly bragged about it with no legal repercussions?

The 60's was about a generation fighting back against that shit. And like any young generation, they went in hard.

If you view the 50's as a good time, you're either ignorant of the violence and injustice of the era or are a dick enough to just not care because it wasn't happening to white people.

Which is it?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 JimB

@br0kenrabbit said:
@rmpumper said:
@JimB said:
@rmpumper said:

I am not a country music fan nor a rap music fan. I guess you like the rap music that says to rare your sister and kill cops. That is your music if you can call it music,

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 JimB

@mattbbpl said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@mattbbpl said:
@JimB said:
@rmpumper said:

And then said part of the problem is that people express themselves too delicately and people aren't offensive enough.

Pick a lane.

Both are true.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 br0kenrabbit

@JimB said:

I am not a country music fan nor a rap music fan. I guess you like the rap music that says to rare your sister and kill cops. That is your music if you can call it music,

I actually don't listen to rap. Or hip hop. Or country (not voluntarily anyway, but I live in East TN, so...).

I'm more of a Pink Floyd/Zeppelin/NIN kinda guy.

I just don't have such a shallow view of the world that I blame a particular type of music.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By SargentD

@br0kenrabbit: not denying the racism of the 1960s. That's not the point. Yes lots of race tension and violence over race in that time period. Do you deny that racism at that time period was part of the prior culture that lead to it???? What do you think has lead to the violence we see today in this shooting?? You can't say just guns, we have always had guns. It's culture. Product of your environment.

I'm talking about the sentence from Jim I put in bold. That statement I believe in. There is no time period in the past that will be perfect. But that statement I put in bold in regards to the youth TODAY in regards to moral compass and sanctity of life.

I'm talking about the culture and how it got to this point. Baby boomers were pissed about the Vietnam war and rightfully so. But they turned to degeneracy to cope and it bleeds through generations.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 br0kenrabbit

@sargentd said:

@br0kenrabbit: not denying the racism of the 1960s. That's not the point. Yes lots of race tension and violence over race in that time period.

I'm talking about the sentence from Jim I put in bold. That statement I believe in. There is no time period in the past that will be perfect. But that statement I put in bold in regards to the youth TODAY in regards to moral compass and sanctity of life.

I'm talking about the culture and how it got to this point. Baby boomers were pissed about the Vietnam war and rightfully so. But they turned to degeneracy to cope and it bleeds through generations.

You're hitting on something but it's not the nail.

If you want to get to the root of the real issue at hand, you're going to have to understand how men naturally relate to very physical and dangerous labor. Drop a man behind a desk, either at school or at work, and as they say, you can't take the wild out of the animal.

Most people control it, but I bet all men feel it. Don't you?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By mattbbpl

@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:

@mattbbpl: what socioeconomic / mental health program is going to stop a mass shooting?

I just don't see that working, and guns laws /regulations I don't see working either. Because that only really works on people that follow laws, not usually something a mass murderer cares for doing.

Case in point.

And the birds go tweet.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By SargentD
@br0kenrabbit said:
@sargentd said:

@br0kenrabbit: not denying the racism of the 1960s. That's not the point. Yes lots of race tension and violence over race in that time period.

You're hitting on something but it's not the nail.

If you want to get to the root of the real issue at hand, you're going to have to understand how men naturally relate to very physical and dangerous labor. Drop a man behind a desk, either at school or at work, and as they say, you can't take the wild out of the animal.

Most people control it, but I bet all men feel it. Don't you?

Thats a cop out.. what is this argument you are trying to make? that we are all just animals or some shit? that when we work in an office we have pent up energy we loose it and go on a rampage? Not buying it.

Office jobs are not what doing this... the culture is doing it, America is pushing rotten degenerate culture.

People only care about themselves and their personal vices.

That imo has more to do with it than this office work theory crap. Im more worried about the guy who has no skills and no job over a guy working in an office wtf.

I place blame on this shitty culture we have right now. Seriously, our youth looks to be lost.

serious question though, where do you think todays youth gets their moral compass from? not a gotcha question just asking, genuinely curious

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By br0kenrabbit
@sargentd said:

Thats a cop out.. what is this argument you are trying to make? that we are all just animals or some shit? that when we work in an office we have pent up energy we loose it and go on a rampage? Not buying it.

Office jobs are not what doing this... the culture is doing it, America is pushing rotten degenerate culture.

That imo has more to do with it than this office work theory crap. Im more worried about the guy who has no skills and no job over a guy working in an office wtf.

The less men work physical jobs, the more violence has risen. You want a correlation, there you go.

There's nothing wrong with hedonism, as long as you don't invade someone else's space. I would hate to return to the time of the Church and the law being pretty much in step.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 SargentD

@br0kenrabbit said:
@sargentd said:

The less men work physical jobs, the more violence has risen. You want a correlation, there you go.

There's nothing wrong with hedonism, as long as you don't invade someone else's space. I would hate to return to the time of the Church and the law being pretty much in step.

wouldn't just more men not working in general also fall into this theory? If so, that fits into my theory.

where do you think the youth today is getting their moral compass from? genuinely curious

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 br0kenrabbit

@sargentd said:

wouldn't just more men not working in general also fall into this theory? If so, that fits into my theory.

where do you think the youth today is getting their moral compass from? genuinely curious

The walls of Ur and Akkad aren't that far behind us. This society thing is still experimental.

And they should be getting their moral compass from law and common decency. But we're such a hypocritical society I can understand why they're confused...I was.

I mean what was all that "violence doesn't solve anything"/teacher says as she beats the shit out of my hands with a ruler.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 mattbbpl

@horgen said:

That's the scuttlebutt. I don't have any insight into it outside of what's being reported and memed.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19574 Posts
@eoten said:

Apparently, you don't. Which is why YOU want to make it about the tool used, and not what actually sets these people off in the first place, which guess what? Have most of the same contributing factors that push a lot of other teens to suicide. You cannot hide your lack of understanding the issue by accusing me of derailing it when I am clearly not.

Mental health problems may give kids the motive to commit a mass shooting, but guns give them the means to actually pull it off.

I mean, mental health problems are prevalent in schools in developed nations all over the world, but you only regularly see mass murders in US schools. Which, as far as I'm aware, is the only developed nation where you can buy a gun at your local shopping mall.

It's almost like...I don't know, maybe there's a link between the easy availability of deadly weapons and the huge number of child deaths caused by those weapons...?

@br0kenrabbit& @sargentd: Hmm...you guys might be onto something too.

If I'm reading you right:

- American culture is morally broken

- Men working desk jobs are prone to violence

So...would you agree that the average American male office worker shouldn't have unrestricted access to a deadly weapon?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#234  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15571 Posts
@horgen said:

The fact they refused to enter alone isn't quite telling enough to what a complete and utter failure this has been reported as from law enforcement.

While some information is still uncertain, the gist I've gathered from various reports and videos is that the shooter was in the school "barricaded" (he got some entrances locked but that's about it) for well over 40 minutes while rapid response and onsite security were there but refused to engage, continuously asking for backup, up to and including border patrol agents. This small town of 16000 has a fully equipped SWAT team, but they also sat with their thumbs up their asses as opposed to saving elementary school children. No, instead of anything like that, the police sat outside threatening and attacking the parents who were all but forced to listen to gunshots going off in the school and beg the police to save their kids. Also, if one officer is to be believed, some law enforcement made efforts to evacuate only their own kids, and not the school at large.

This isn't a defund the police thread, so I'm not going to get too into it.

All I'll say, is that if one accepts the offer to be given armor and a powerful weapon and money and extensive training with the express intent to protect the innocent population from armed criminals, and one refuses to even try to do that, then what was the fucking point of that investment?

And for some reason, we're being told we shouldn't do anything about gun laws, nor accrue the finances to tackle the health and wellbeing issues of the populous. However when it comes time for the third alternative, security and swift, meaningful response, that also has completely failed. So basically, from one point of view, there is no good answer and we should do nothing about this.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 br0kenrabbit

@Planeforger said:

@br0kenrabbit& @sargentd: Hmm...you guys might be onto something too.

If I'm reading you right:

- American culture is morally broken

- Men working desk jobs are prone to violence

So...would you agree that the average American male office worker shouldn't have unrestricted access to a deadly weapon?

I think the weapons anyone has access to should be limited. No weapon should be clip/mag reloadable. Pump/bolt/revolver.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:

@zaryia: if you are going to keep using "assault weapon" define it.

Each study or law they reference makes clear what they mean by this. You're not being paid off by the NRA, what's your excuse for being against ultra-popular common sense gun control that has a chance of working with no tangible downsides?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 br0kenrabbit

Just throwing this out there:

The top states by gun death rates are (per 100,000):

• Mississippi -- 28.6.
  • Louisiana -- 26.3.
  • Wyoming -- 25.9.
  • Missouri -- 23.9.
  • Alabama -- 23.6.
  • Alaska -- 23.5.

Ownership:

• Mississippi -- 50% of adults live in a household with a gun.
  • Louisiana -- 48%.
  • Wyoming -- 59%.
  • Missouri -- 48%.
  • Alabama -- 50%.
  • Alaska -- 59%.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/26/politics/gun-violence-data-what-matters/index.html

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 br0kenrabbit

@Vaasman said:

All I'll say, is that if one accepts the offer to be given armor and a powerful weapon and money and extensive training with the express intent to protect the innocent population from armed criminals, and one refuses to even try to do that, then what was the fucking point of that investment?

Nevertheless, the Court found that the government had no affirmative duty to protect any person, even a child, from harm by another person. “Nothing in the language of the Due Process Clause itself requires the State to protect the life, liberty, and property of its citizens against invasion by private actors," stated Chief Justice Rehnquist for the majority, "even where such aid may be necessary to secure life, liberty, or property interests of which the government itself may not deprive the individual" without “due process of the law.”

The DeShaney decision has been cited by many courts across the nation and reaffirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court. Namely—on June 27, 2005, in Castle Rock v. Gonzales, the U.S. Supreme Court again ruled that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm.

Basically, the Supreme Court has held that police don't have to do their job if they deem it 'dangerous'.

I'm with you: Man up or GTFO.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By tjandmia  Online
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

@br0kenrabbit: Cons love mischaracterizing Deshanny to make it seem as if the state has no obligation to protect anyone or anything. It's nonsense propaganda.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeShaney_v._Winnebago_County

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 SargentD

@br0kenrabbit: which is why I will NEVER give up my firearms for some false sense of security. Can't depend on cops to get there and save you.

So I will just keep my own protection on me and hope for the best.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 br0kenrabbit

@sargentd said:

@br0kenrabbit: which is why I will NEVER give up my firearms for some false sense of security. Can't depend on cops to get there and save you.

So I will just keep my own protection on me and hope for the best.

And a pump action/bolt action/revolver will do that. No need for the semi-automatic, clip/mag reloading killing machines. Only the police should have those.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By SargentD

@br0kenrabbit: absolute nonsense, my 9mm ruger compact is perfect to carry and I'm fine. I find it really amusing you believe a revolver is any less a "killing machine" than a mag. That's stupid.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 br0kenrabbit

@sargentd said:

@br0kenrabbit: absolute nonsense, my 9mm ruger compact is perfect to carry and I'm fine. I find it really amusing you believe a revolver is any less a "killing machine" than a mag. That's stupid.

Most folk can't reload those that quickly. The intention here is to reduce the RoF and TtR.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 br0kenrabbit

@tjandmia said:

@br0kenrabbit: Cons love mischaracterizing Deshanny to make it seem as if the state has no obligation to protect anyone or anything. It's nonsense propaganda.

Guys did I just get called a conservative?

/sacrifices to Ba'al

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 mattbbpl

@br0kenrabbit said:
@tjandmia said:

Guys did I just get called a conservative?

/sacrifices to Ba'al

I knew it!

Crazy, insane theories - 1

Regular theories - 1,000,000,000

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By SargentD

@br0kenrabbit: I'd rather my wife carry a semi auto compact, because it's faster and easier if she ever needed to use it. I'd also rather have a semi auto rifle than a pump in case someone breaks into my home.

And if you make clip/mag guns illegal for those who follow the law you still can't guarantee criminals still won't have them *shrug*

I don't get people calling for the government to restrict what you can defend yourself with. Are you going to do something bad with your guns? No? Then why should you have to give them up. Screw that.

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

the numbers of lawful defense legally owned guns far outweigh the bad offenses. 94% of these things are in "gun free" zones. so yea. basically a democrat created problem.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 br0kenrabbit

@sargentd said:

And if you make clip/mag guns illegal for those who follow the law you still can't guarantee criminals still won't have them *shrug*

So why make anything illegal? /drops all the acid

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 br0kenrabbit
@loonski said:

the numbers of lawful defense legally owned guns far outweigh the bad offenses. 94% of these things are in "gun free" zones. so yea. basically a democrat created problem.

Guns are the #1 killer of children in the US. Above car crashes and cancer.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/guns-leading-cause-death-children-cdc

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By SargentD

@br0kenrabbit: you can throw your guns away if you want. I won't do it.

And a huge portion of gun related death with children is suicide. Why are children commiting suicide in such high numbers. We always have had guns. Kids weren't killing themselves like this in the 70s, 80s, 90s. Why are kids commiting suicide in such large numbers compared to back then.