Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#152 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@sargentd said:

@eoten: my only point is this situation didn't start out with a school shooting. It started off with homicide. Before he even got to the school he shot his grandma in the face, killed her, and stole her truck.

A school shooting happened, but I don't get why people are forgetting he murdered his grandma and stole her truck before that even happened.

Why are we only allowed to talk about the school part? This guy didn't even go to school. Was a drop out. Yes he went to the school and killed innocent children after murdering his grandmother. Maybe the guy just lost it, killed his grandma, realized his life was over and then decided this is how he wanted to go out? Obviously had something going on?? Why did he want to kill his grandma???

Edit: and who the hell plans out a school shooting and the first step in their plan is to shoot thier grandma in the face first??? I'm just saying, seems weird.

Well often they associate their problems with school. It's where the bullying starts, the awkwardness, where many end up turning away from social interactions and fill that void with online activity, be it gaming and social media. So many of them end up targeting schools for that reason, because it's what they blame for their problems. It's very possible he intended to go to the school after killing his grandmother, but the police caught onto it before he made it there, and simply chased him to a place he was already intending to go.

Quite often these people kill someone before going to kill others. As others have mentioned, Lanza in Connecticut did the same thing. Maybe the act of killing his grandmother put him in a "my life is already ruined" sort of mentality. Who knows. But there isn't much evidence to suggest the school was a random destination, but also little evidence to suggest it wasn't. But how he was dressed would suggest he wasn't done with just his grandmother.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Eoten
@horgen said:
@eoten said:
@horgen said:
@eoten said:

It's the same root causes, kids in similar situations, feeling alone, helpless. The vast majority just kill themselves. On rare occasions, some decide to take others down with them. It's telling you want to ignore the root cause in order to ride a bandwagon in the wrong direction though, considering you know jack shit about the US outside of what you read online.

So, while people could be looking for a solution to help a hell of a lot of them, we're going to blame the tool, and ignore the other 2,000? That sounds about right for what you people actually know of the situation. You need simple answers, something that can fit on a billboard or you lose interest.

Lots of claims, nothing to back it up.

This is a thread about a school shooting. Which you don't want to talk about apparently. Stay on topic or don't post in it.

It's absolutely on topic. What is the topic? A mass shooting? Your problem is is that you're trying to direct the topic to guns, you don't want the topic directed to actual root causes, the mental health issues that every single one of these people have been known to suffer from. The mental health issue is absolutely the topic. And you don't like that topic.

OP never mentioned anything about the gun control debate, which is what you and others are trying to turn it into.

A mass shooting, not suicide.

I don't mind talking about mental health issues, but that would be in regards to what makes some go kill someone, not take their own life. The latter is what you are interested in. That's not the topic.

At this point, I have to wonder why we don't have armed national guardsmen at every school, all the time. Cause Texas sure ain't gonna restrict guns.

Or we could debate the potential effect of national guardsmen at every school since Texas doesn't seem to do anything else to help with the problem.

You do realize the perpetrator is dead right? You do realize most mass shootings end in suicide, either by a self inflicted shot, or suicide by police, right? In several of these situations, they kill others because they don't plan to be alive at the end of the day anyway. You do understand that all of these people suffer from mental health issues, including depression, and have often already made threats of suicide, or threats towards others?

Apparently, you don't. Which is why YOU want to make it about the tool used, and not what actually sets these people off in the first place, which guess what? Have most of the same contributing factors that push a lot of other teens to suicide. You cannot hide your lack of understanding the issue by accusing me of derailing it when I am clearly not.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#154 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178848 Posts

@eoten said:
@horgen said:

I don't mind talking about mental health issues, but that would be in regards to what makes some go kill someone, not take their own life. The latter is what you are interested in. That's not the topic.

At this point, I have to wonder why we don't have armed national guardsmen at every school, all the time. Cause Texas sure ain't gonna restrict guns.

Or we could debate the potential effect of national guardsmen at every school since Texas doesn't seem to do anything else to help with the problem.

You do realize the perpetrator is dead right? You do realize most mass shootings end in suicide, either by a self inflicted shot, or suicide by police, right? In several of these situations, they kill others because they don't plan to be alive at the end of the day anyway. You do understand that all of these people suffer from mental health issues, including depression, and have often already made threats of suicide, or threats towards others?

Apparently, you don't. Which is why YOU want to make it about the tool used, and not what actually sets these people off in the first place, which guess what? Have most of the same contributing factors that push a lot of other teens to suicide. You cannot hide your lack of understanding the issue by accusing me of derailing it when I am clearly not.

There is no evidence of suicide.

joementia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#155 joementia
Member since 2022 • 193 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@zaryia said:

Apart from being some cultish freak I see no reason why any rational person would be against the bipartisan gun bill,

In particular stronger universal background checks.

90% of Americans and 87% of gun owners want stronger measures. But the GOP gets billions from the NRA.

And the NRA gets tons of money from the gun manufacturers. The NRA doesn't push what's good for responsible gun owners. They push what's good for gun companies bottom lines.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

@eoten said:
@horgen said:
@eoten said:
@horgen said:
@eoten said:

It's the same root causes, kids in similar situations, feeling alone, helpless. The vast majority just kill themselves. On rare occasions, some decide to take others down with them. It's telling you want to ignore the root cause in order to ride a bandwagon in the wrong direction though, considering you know jack shit about the US outside of what you read online.

So, while people could be looking for a solution to help a hell of a lot of them, we're going to blame the tool, and ignore the other 2,000? That sounds about right for what you people actually know of the situation. You need simple answers, something that can fit on a billboard or you lose interest.

Lots of claims, nothing to back it up.

This is a thread about a school shooting. Which you don't want to talk about apparently. Stay on topic or don't post in it.

It's absolutely on topic. What is the topic? A mass shooting? Your problem is is that you're trying to direct the topic to guns, you don't want the topic directed to actual root causes, the mental health issues that every single one of these people have been known to suffer from. The mental health issue is absolutely the topic. And you don't like that topic.

OP never mentioned anything about the gun control debate, which is what you and others are trying to turn it into.

Why you want to pretend it's not about the tool used is very telling. It tells us that it's most definitely about the tool. I don't know how someone could possibly argue that a gun had nothing to do with a shooting, but you sure do try.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

It's your right to own a gun, but you should have a normal mental capacity. I'm 100% sure the constitution didn't mean, the nut jobs and whackos should be allowed to buy guns to shoot up kids, elderly, and innocent people.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 tjandmia

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

It's your right to own a gun, but you should have a normal mental capacity. I'm 100% sure the constitution didn't mean, the nut jobs and whackos should be allowed to buy guns to shoot up kids, elderly, and innocent people.

Not only this, but cities routinely banned guns from their limits.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1350 Posts

School shootings in America are so frequent now it’s actually part of American identity, along with racism and morbid obesity. It’s become more frequent throughout the years, not just a one off incident by one deranged individual. As soon as one happens it inspires the next mentally I’ll person to act on their fantasies or impulses.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8243 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: I haven't seen anything showing this kid had mental health problems besides his recent actions. He had no criminal background, it's possible he wasn't on the spectrum and decided he was going to go postal.

Could be wrong but I haven't seen that he was on any medications or anything. I could be wrong.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

@sargentd: some slip through the system, others like you said just go postal one day.

I dont know how you would filter out the crazies, but its obvious something needs to be done about keeping guns out of the hands of the psychos. If it means having to go through a background check, and an yearly mental health evaluation, so be it. Obviously the gun manufacturers will do whatever they can to block such laws, because they want to sell as much as possible, even to the lunatics.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#162  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38681 Posts
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@sargentd: some slip through the system, others like you said just go postal one day.

I dont know how you would filter out the crazies, but its obvious something needs to be done about keeping guns out of the hands of the psychos. If it means having to go through a background check, and an yearly mental health evaluation, so be it. Obviously the gun manufacturers will do whatever they can to block such laws, because they want to sell as much as possible, even to the lunatics.

my guess is mass shootings are actually good for manufacturers' bottom lines. haven't looked at any data but i would not be surprised if there are upticks in gun sales after large scale mass shootings with folks fearing imminent restrictions are coming and panic buy. we are a crazy fucking lot

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 SargentD

@comp_atkins: yeah. Everytime there a mass shooting. All the media and politicians start parroting restrictions, regulations, and bans.

So people are like, " I need to get that rifle I wanted before these bastards outlaw em" I've legit seen friends of mine do this exact thing.

Also civil unrest, durring the riots in 2020. Knew several people who bought guns that summer, one girl I knew got one after her car windshield got smashed in durring a riot, she had never had a gun before but didn't feel safe where she was at

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23038 Posts

@sargentd said:

@mattbbpl: what socioeconomic / mental health program is going to stop a mass shooting?

I just don't see that working, and guns laws /regulations I don't see working either. Because that only really works on people that follow laws, not usually something a mass murderer cares for doing.

Case in point.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@sargentd said:

@comp_atkins: yeah. Everytime there a mass shooting. All the media and politicians start parroting restrictions, regulations, and bans.

So people are like, " I need to get that rifle I wanted before these bastards outlaw em" I've legit seen friends of mine do this exact thing.

Also civil unrest, durring the riots in 2020. Knew several people who bought guns that summer, one girl I knew got one after her car windshield got smashed in durring a riot, she had never had a gun before but didn't feel safe where she was at

Are you against common sense background checks, or are you part of the gun death cult?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 tjandmia

@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:

@mattbbpl: what socioeconomic / mental health program is going to stop a mass shooting?

I just don't see that working, and guns laws /regulations I don't see working either. Because that only really works on people that follow laws, not usually something a mass murderer cares for doing.

Case in point.

Yeah, funny how gun laws work everywhere else but because he doesn't like them, they just won't work here, somehow. Next he'll probably say "ok show me what gun laws would have stopped this killer". 🤣

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#167 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17860 Posts

@tjandmia said:
@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:

Case in point.

Yeah, funny how gun laws work everywhere else but because he doesn't like them, they just won't work here, somehow. Next he'll probably say "ok show me what gun laws would have stopped this killer". 🤣

Basically we shouldn't have laws that some people won't follow. That's what I get out of it. Think of the implications of that for a moment.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Eoten

@br0kenrabbit said:
@tjandmia said:
@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:

Case in point.

Basically we shouldn't have laws that some people won't follow. That's what I get out of it. Think of the implications of that for a moment.

Your also forgetting the fact that several lives are saved every year, and that's something you're wanting politicians to take away from people. Not that it's going to happen anyway, they don't have the authority to write such laws, SCOTUS has already ruled on this several times. So at the end of the day, you're just wasting time and energy that could be spent looking for real solutions.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#169 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17860 Posts

@eoten said:

Your also forgetting the fact that several lives are saved every year, and that's something you're wanting politicians to take away from people. Not that it's going to happen anyway, they don't have the authority to write such laws, SCOTUS has already ruled on this several times. So at the end of the day, you're just wasting time and energy that could be spent looking for real solutions.

Go research the 21st amendment, e4ten.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

@eoten: "So at the end of the day, you're just wasting time and energy that could be spent looking for real solutions."

Please suggest some things that you would be willing to allow politicians to support.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Eoten

@Serraph105 said:

@eoten: "So at the end of the day, you're just wasting time and energy that could be spent looking for real solutions."

Please suggest some that you would be willing to allow politicians to support.

Nothing more than what we already have would be constitutional and it's very likely several we already have aren't even. But again, this is a deflection, gun laws aren't going to change the outcome. I would support measures that actually targeted the root causes, not just a symptom or two.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Serraph105

@eoten: so basically, if I read your post correctly, you could have just stopped at the word, "Nothing."

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By SargentD
@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:

Are you against common sense background checks, or are you part of the gun death cult?

I live in a very pro gun state that allows constitutional open carry without a permit.

and even we have background checks.

I have never seen anyone or heard of anyone not having to get a background check at a gun store... we already have that. unless you are talking about family gifting guns or trading guns or something???

I don't get why some of you guys pretend we don't already do back ground checks?? This guy who did the shooting passed a background check, he has no prior criminal record!

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2141 Posts

Fuckers already blaming video games and rap music. Anything but guns and sometimes mental health, which they never want to fund anyway.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Eoten

@Serraph105 said:

@eoten: so basically, if I read your post correctly, you could have just stopped at the word, "Nothing."

No, I would support things that will actually solve the problem, not things that'll simply make YOU feel better about yourself.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#177 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3871 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

There are too many guns on the streets. The laws in effect need to be enforced and strict penalties for those who break them.

Yet in a lot of these mass shootings the guns were legally bought.

Not everyone should be able to own a gun.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 JimB

@rmpumper said:

Fuckers already blaming video games and rap music. Anything but guns and sometimes mental health, which they never want to fund anyway.

Video games and rap music all play their part into societies loss of a moral compass. Life is no longer considered precious. We have given up our soul as a nation for political correctness and not hurting anyone's feelings.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 mattbbpl

@eoten said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@tjandmia said:

Remember that a SCOTUS precedent is no longer worth the paper it's written on.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 LJS9502_basic

@comp_atkins said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

my guess is mass shootings are actually good for manufacturers' bottom lines. haven't looked at any data but i would not be surprised if there are upticks in gun sales after large scale mass shootings with folks fearing imminent restrictions are coming and panic buy. we are a crazy fucking lot

Yes gun sales increase after a mass shooting. Not everyone mass shooter has mental illness. It's just a talking point to move the discussion off the availability of guns, the gun culture in the US, and the continued preventable death of citizens.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 LJS9502_basic

@mattbbpl said:
@eoten said:

Not only that but the reading of the 2nd was changed by the court after the fact.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Serraph105

@eoten: which is why I asked you to name some things that you believe would help solve the problem and that you would allow politicians to support.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#183  Edited By deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

It seems that the police officers were standing with their thumps in their asses outside when the killer was killing children inside.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 mattbbpl

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mattbbpl said:
@eoten said:

Not only that but the reading of the 2nd was changed by the court after the fact.

Right, the reasoning in the leaked draft makes recent 2A decisions particularly vulnerable.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:

I have never seen anyone or heard of anyone not having to get a background check at a gun store... we already have that. unless you are talking about family gifting guns or trading guns or something???

I don't get why some of you guys pretend we don't already do back ground checks??

I was talking generally, not this specific case. So you are against stronger background checks and universal background checks like 90% of Americans? Studies indicate this would reduce issues and that there is no harm in trying. Only a death cultist would be against these.

HR 8 gun bill requiring more background checks stalled in Senate | abc10.com

As far as this specific Uvalde case is concerned,

Texas gun laws allow 18-year-olds to buy AR-15s, the weapons used in Uvalde shooting - CBS News

The law was criticized by Democrats, with Rep. Veronica Escobar, of El Paso, predicting at the time that it would "cause more violence and loss."

Yikes. Combine this with the growing evidence assault weapon restrictions result in less and less deadly mass shootings. We need more studies on it, but there certainly isn't harm in these restrictions.

Of course we need more research into ALL of these aspects. Aren't you at least upset conservatives hampered gun research for decades?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By SargentD

@zaryia: we already have background checks.. every store that sells firearms uses the VICS system. If the buyer has no criminal record, nothing is going to come up...

I don't understand what you think they can do to make this system any more efficient than it is.

"Assault weapons" is a bs term and I'm pretty tired of seeing ignorant people use the term. Most that use this term can't even define it because it's BS. What's an assault weapon? A pistol? Rifle? Shotgun?

Seems to me the people that use the term to define guns that are black because if it's not woodgrain or in a mossy oak wrap it scares them smh

I remember when "Assault weapon" was only referred to when talking about fully automatics which are illegal to get unless you go through extensive licensing that costs 10's of thousands of dollars and requires you to register with your local police department on what you have.

And 18 year olds are adults so yes they also have 2A rights... You can't send 18yo's to war and then deny them 2A rights in their own country that's stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

just watch john wick.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Abolish the 2nd amendment, and ban all guns. i really couldn't care less about gun rights.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#189 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Wowsa, talk about some really bad optics.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 SargentD

@Stevo_the_gamer: what an idiot!!!!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:

@zaryia: we already have background checks.. every store that sells firearms uses the VICS system. If the buyer has no criminal record, nothing is going to come up...

I don't understand what you think they can do to make this system any more efficient than it is.

Not universal background checks. 90% of Americans disagree with you and more importantly studies show we can make it better and it would have better effects. Hence the bipartisan bill.

I guess your death cult cares little of logic though.

@sargentd said:

"Assault weapons" is a bs term and I'm pretty tired of seeing ignorant people use the term. Most that use this term can't even define it because it's BS. What's an assault weapon? A pistol? Rifle? Shotgun?

Seems to me the people that use the term to define guns that are black because if it's not woodgrain or in a mossy oak wrap it scares them smh

I remember when "Assault weapon" was only referred to when talking about fully automatics which are illegal to get unless you go through extensive licensing that costs 10's of thousands of dollars and requires you to register with your local police department on what you have.

And 18 year olds are adults so yes they also have 2A rights... You can't send 18yo's to war and then deny them 2A rights in their own country that's stupid.

The data and studies disagree with the semantic opinions I just struck out. There is no potential harm in assault weapon restrictions, and can likely result in positives.

PolitiFact | Joe Biden said mass shootings tripled when the assault weapon ban ended. They did

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

like i said, watch john wick.

this moniker of "assault weapons" simply does not exist. no politician who has ever addressed it has been able to define it, cause its a farse.

its just not there.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 JimB

@AlexKidd5000 said:

Abolish the 2nd amendment, and ban all guns. i really couldn't care less about gun rights.

The second amendment is the only thing keeping the government from taking complete control of the citizens. With out the second ammendmant the Bill of Rights will be scrapped.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 SargentD

@zaryia: what's an assault weapon then? Any gun that's capable of having a clip that holds 10+ rounds???

From your "fact check".

"No strong evidence shows that the ban’s presence or its end caused the change in mass shooting deaths, but many studies find a correlation."

If there is no strong evidence than I'd say this "mostly" false.

You really need to stop following these half baked fact checks as some kind of gospel.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:

"No strong evidence shows that the ban’s presence or its end caused the change in mass shooting deaths, but many studies find a correlation."

If there is no strong evidence than I'd say this "mostly" false.

It's mostly true because there is evidence. It exists. It's there. The guy who said the evidence was not "strong" still said there was many studies agreeing with Biden, and still thinks we should take action. Research on other measures shows they worked, and worked well. Reading the whole article is key.

• New research suggests that limits on large-capacity magazines play a key role.
  • "No strong evidence shows that the ban’s presence or its end caused the change in mass shooting deaths, but many studies find a correlation."
  • Several studies find that mass shooting deaths fell slightly in the decade of the federal assault weapon ban, and then rose dramatically in the decade that followed.

Researchers at theJohns Hopkins School of Public Healthstudied state laws that limit magazine size. Their work linked those laws to a nearly 50% reduction in the rate of fatal mass shootings.

Morral said many studies show that limits on weapons and large-capacity magazines are associated with fewer and less deadly mass shootings. And in the absence of stronger data either way, "logical considerations" should guide lawmakers.

"The absence of strong scientific evidence is not a good rationale for taking no action," Morral said.

The 10% Death Cult doesn't want to try anything. They love death and welcome more.

Also the reason there isn't "strong" evidence is due to your team hampering gun research for decades. How convenient.

@sargentd said:

You really need to stop following these half baked fact checks as some kind of gospel.

Yeah, let me follow your baseless fictional ramblings instead. It's not like you have or ever will refute my fact checkers. Including this article.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 JimB
@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:

In NY a background check was preformed on the Buffalo mass shooter and nothing was revealed to keep him from purchasing a firearm, even though he had been questioned by police and had a mental evaluation.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Zaryia
@JimB said:
@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:

In NY a background check was preformed on the Buffalo mass shooter and nothing was revealed to keep him from purchasing a firearm, even though he had been questioned by police and had a mental evaluation.

Are you saying expanded and universal background checks would have no national impact on average gun violence? There is enough research showing there would be an impact.

Research Suggests Gun Background Checks Work, But They're Not Everything : NPR

No harm in trying going by this data. Only potential positives. Just like with assault weapon restrictions.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2420 Posts

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61588274

Police were urged to charge into a deadly school shooting in Texas by onlookers, witnesses say, with one suggesting he considered doing so himself as he became frustrated.

Texas officials say gunman Salvador Ramos was inside the school in Uvalde for up to an hour before he was killed.

Nineteen children and two adults died, while 17 others were injured.

Eyewitness Juan Carranza told the Associated Press that women shouted at officers to "go in there".

But the 24-year-old, who witnessed the scene at the Robb Elementary School from outside his house, said police did not enter.

Javier Cazares, whose daughter was killed in the attack, told the news agency he suggested running in with other onlookers because the police "weren't doing anything".

Authorities said the gunman locked himself in a classroom which officers then struggled to gain access to.

Steven McCraw, the director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, told a news conference on Wednesday that the gunman was on site for between 40 minutes and an hour before law enforcement were able to "contain" him.

US Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz, meanwhile, told CNN that dozens of officers responded to the shooting and "didn't hesitate".

"They entered that classroom and they took care of the situation as quickly as they possibly could," he said.

An officer engaged with him, but failed to stop him from entering the school. He then proceeded to shoot 19 children and two teachers dead, before officers converged on the classroom and a border patrol officer who had responded while nearby killed him, according to Mr Abbott.

Imagine being one of the adults yelling at the cops to do something and then being restrained when you try to enter the school yourself.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-police-stopped-parents-rushing-save-children-shooter-1710325

See how some of them are already wearing tactical gear and holding rifles.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By SargentD

@warm_gun: those cops are absolute cowards!!

40 ******* cops who are armed and instead of going in sat around pulling their panties out their cracks. Absolutely shameful. They say around for 40 minutes so that Border patrol, yes.. so border patrol could get there and actually do something???? Cowards!!! those cops who wouldn't go in should be fired. Thank you BORDER PATROL I guess?!?!?

This is why I will never give up any of my guns EVER. People try to tell me I shouldn't have a right to be armed due to murderers roaming about with guns, so I should give up my guns?!?!? Why should I give up my right to own a gun because phychos are armed?!?!? How does that even make sense??? What about phycho murderers roaming around should make me want to be DISARMED. And look at these cops... 40 minutes, standing around, doing nothing??? These are the people we are supposed to count on to defend us?? Look at that footage of them pointing tasers at on lookers. What a bunch of LOSERS. shame shame SHAME on them.

NO THANK YOU, I WILL JUST CARRY MY OWN.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 SargentD

@zaryia: if you are going to keep using "assault weapon" define it.