br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

https://www.wate.com/news/top-stories/texas-school-district-locked-down-amid-reports-of-shooter/

WTF

At this point, I have to wonder why we don't have armed national guardsmen at every school, all the time. Cause Texas sure ain't gonna restrict guns.

Edit: Now 21 dead

@Maroxad said:

A source that Europeans can use.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61573377

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

It's a shame this continues to happen. Another case of the minority holding Americans hostage.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2395 Posts

I think the city planning in America makes people unhappy. I hate the car culture so much. Can't stand it. I hate how separate single family housing is the only housing permitted for most residential zoning. Suburbia wastes money and stretches everything out with ugly concrete that costs a fortune to maintain and is worse for the environment. It's also why cities always have so many big box stores that put small shops out of business. Very few places have zoning laws that allow shops to be integrated with residential areas. I want walkable cities, where you don't need a car to get anywhere. It's cheaper to build that way and cheaper to maintain. People don't walk because there is nowhere to walk. In many places, sidewalks just end, because it's assumed that the person will drive. So people don't look at each other. They get in the car, drive to the big store and go home. Takes a long time to get anywhere that isn't fucking ugly, and those places are few and far between. Parking lots, businesses, industry, gas station, industry, business, redevelopment, bland suburbs, business, parking lots, bunch of apartment buildings, redevelopment, industry, businesses, gas station, repeat, all with wide roads connecting it all, and the endless noise of cars. It's infuriating. Cities should be designed for people, not cars.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#5 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

Sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I wish I could say I'm shocked and surprised but I'm not. RIP

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

I'd be all for banning guns at this point, America has proven they can't handle having them.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

Thoughts and prayers

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Unsurprising, sorry.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Messed up. RIP

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

RIP

It's time to put a ban on guns. How can this go on?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8186 Posts

Banning guns isn't going to stop this.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@sargentd said:

So arm everyone and cross your fingers, right?

Why is this problem unique to the USA if not for our unique access to firearms?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16538 Posts

Jeez, man I'm just speechless. RIP to the kids and the teacher.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23893 Posts

A source that Europeans can use.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61573377

This is absolutely horrible.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19563 Posts

@warm_gun: Are you suggesting America's car culture is to blame, rather than America's gun culture? Bizarre.

Anyway, as I've been saying for years, the US needs to phase out guns. It'll be a slow process that may take decades to complete, but it's the best way to stop this senseless loss of lives.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Just another tragedy from a county that had NO WAY to prevent this. I bet it was us taking Jesus out of school that caused this.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

People should realize this, the guns will never be outlawed, or restricted, banned, even controlled to any extent. I realized it after sandy hook happened back in 2014. There is less than zero chance this shooting changes anything.

Edit, it was 2012.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SargentD
@br0kenrabbit said:
@sargentd said:

So arm everyone and cross your fingers, right?

Why is this problem unique to the USA if not for our unique access to firearms?

ban all gun tomorrow, 100% ban absolutely all guns, nothing allowed.

You will still have mass shootings

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23893 Posts

@sargentd said:

There are ways to phase out guns that dont involve banning them.

For one one could have stronger gun regulations. Prevent people with a poor psychological background from obtaining them. Have you ever played Rimworld by any chance? If so, are you assigning guns to colonists with volatile or depressive traits?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 br0kenrabbit

@sargentd said:

You say that but that doesn't make it fact.

They have dogs that can sniff out USB drives stashed in walls, they can find a fucking gun.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2395 Posts

@Planeforger said:

@warm_gun: Are you suggesting America's car culture is to blame, rather than America's gun culture? Bizarre.

Anyway, as I've been saying for years, the US needs to phase out guns. It'll be a slow process that may take decades to complete, but it's the best way to stop this senseless loss of lives.

I said nothing about guns.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3138 Posts

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SargentD

@br0kenrabbit said:
@sargentd said:

You say that but that doesn't make it fact.

They have dogs that can sniff out USB drives stashed in walls, they can find a fucking gun.

So your idea is to confiscate all guns from all Americans??? Even though none of these people did anything wrong?

GOOD LUCK

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 br0kenrabbit

@sargentd said:

So your idea is to confiscate all guns from all Americans??? Even though none of these people did anything wrong?

GOOD LUCK

Go find me a good set of lawn darts.

GOOD LUCK

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

It's time to realize that anything but a full ban on ownership is inadequate. It's come to the point where even children easily have access to them in this country. It's a sickness, and the complete opposite of pro life.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tjandmia
@sargentd said:

If bans don't work, why is your party banning abortion?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SargentD

@tjandmia: I don't have a party and I've never registered

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

Well it sure didn't take long for me to get back to apathy when it comes to school shootings. A shame about the kids, though. That's a whole lot of dead kids.

Every time I hear about one I just can't help but shrug and feel that the whole situation is out of my hands.

Ball's in your court, politicians. Most Americans want some sort of sensible gun control. Not a ban, but gun control.

@warm_gun said:

I think the city planning in America makes people unhappy. I hate the car culture so much. Can't stand it. I hate how separate single family housing is the only housing permitted for most residential zoning. Suburbia wastes money and stretches everything out with ugly concrete that costs a fortune to maintain and is worse for the environment. It's also why cities always have so many big box stores that put small shops out of business. Very few places have zoning laws that allow shops to be integrated with residential areas. I want walkable cities, where you don't need a car to get anywhere. It's cheaper to build that way and cheaper to maintain. People don't walk because there is nowhere to walk. In many places, sidewalks just end, because it's assumed that the person will drive. So people don't look at each other. They get in the car, drive to the big store and go home. Takes a long time to get anywhere that isn't fucking ugly, and those places are few and far between. Parking lots, businesses, industry, gas station, industry, business, redevelopment, bland suburbs, business, parking lots, bunch of apartment buildings, redevelopment, industry, businesses, gas station, repeat, all with wide roads connecting it all, and the endless noise of cars. It's infuriating. Cities should be designed for people, not cars.

There's a lot of broken things in American culture and society at the moment. I agree with everything you say. Work, commute, general attitudes (outdated) towards mental health, wearing fatigue as a badge of honor, the whole concept that from age 18 to age 65 all you're doing is saving so you can live from 65 til your death semi-comfortably. Anti-science, anti-government, anti-intellectualism, anti-pragmatism, anti-taking-care-of-yourself, anti-nature...

People in this country keep wanting to go back to the 1950's like it's some ideal but my god, outside of the percentage of businesses that were privately owned, there's not really a lot to like about that time period.

Not saying that had anything to do with this shooting, there are too many factors to count that can lead to things like this. The one thing in common though is guns, so...

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

@fedor said:

I'd be all for banning guns at this point, America has proven they can't handle having them.

Will Banning guns stop crazy people, and criminals from getting them from organized crime?. Good grief some of you are too far gone and detached from reality. fentanyl and meth are very illegal yet the stuff is all over America and can be found by just asking around.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Addict187 said:
@fedor said:

Will Banning guns stop crazy people, and criminals from getting them from organized crime?. Good grief some of you are too far gone and detached from reality. fentanyl and meth are very illegal yet the stuff is all over America and can be found by just asking around.

Maybe, never know until you try. It works in other countries, and what we're doing now clearly isn't working. Regardless, I'm firmly planted in reality, and reality is kids keep getting killed in America with guns.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6860 Posts
@fedor said:
@Addict187 said:
@fedor said:

Maybe, never know until you try. It works in other countries, and what we're doing now clearly isn't working. Regardless, I'm firmly planted in reality, and reality is kids keep getting killed in America with guns.

It would never work here. Those other countries haven't had guns in nearly 100 years and in some cases longer. It would do nothing more then create another black market where criminal organizations have more power then they do now. Want to know what it would look like? Look at Mexico a nation with strict gun control laws. It would be similar.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 br0kenrabbit

@silentchief said:

Want to know what it would look like? Look at Mexico a nation with strict gun control laws. It would be similar.

And where are all those guns in Mexico manufactured?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Silentchief

@br0kenrabbit said:
@silentchief said:

Want to know what it would look like? Look at Mexico a nation with strict gun control laws. It would be similar.

And where are most the drugs manufactured that come over to the US?

You have 400 million guns in circulation, they won't just dissappear. You can make a working gun with a 3D 🖨 for **** sake.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

They didn't pass a single bill or law after sandy hook, and sandy hook was even more disgusting as this case. Not one change. There were 20 kids between 6 and 7 who died then, and 6 adults. Don't expect anything to change after this shooting either. The right will stay quiet for about a week or two, then the usual talking points will surface. All around disgusting to be honest but that's how messed up the country is currently.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 br0kenrabbit

@silentchief said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@silentchief said:

You have 400 million guns in circulation, they won't just dissappear. You can make a working gun with a 3D 🖨 for **** sake.

3D printed guns are good for one shot. They're plastic.

Long guns for hunting are fine, but bolt or pump action. None of this semi-auto shit. If you need a semi-auto to hunt, you're just a terrible shot.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

Well, no doubt the usual suspects will claim Biden faked it, the kids are actors, this is just a ruse to take your guns away so they can put you in camps to brainwash you to get vaccinated, which itself is a plot by the satan worshipping reptilian overlords to make white people hate themselves and get sex change operations and use different pronouns. Because their all godless hedonists.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mrbojangles25
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

They didn't pass a single bill or law after sandy hook, and sandy hook was even more disgusting as this case. Not one change. There were 20 kids between 6 and 7 who died then, and 6 adults. Don't expect anything to change after this shooting either. The right will stay quiet for about a week or two, then the usual talking points will surface. All around disgusting to be honest but that's how messed up the country is currently.

I honestly don't mind if people have one stance or another, I only get frustrated when we have tyrants on either side. The left need to learn that guns aren't going any where, while the right needs to learn that something has to be done. There are liberal gun owners and pacifist conservatives and everything in between.

If we can at least all agree to those two points, maybe we can establish a dialogue. According to polls and surveys, most Americans do agree on those two points. We just need the politicians to listen to their constituents instead of their corporate overlords.

Sadly the NRA and other lobbying organizations won't give up a single inch to common-sense reform. As others have said, it is a minority holding the majority hostage, using the Constitution as momma's skirt to hide behind.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tjandmia

@sargentd said:

@tjandmia: I don't have a party and I've never registered

It's pretty clear which one you support. No need to pretend otherwise.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mrbojangles25

Wow. 21 people.

Not really sure what to say any more.

We all know what needs to be done, time to start working on a solution.

@br0kenrabbit said:
@silentchief said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@silentchief said:

Long guns for hunting are fine, but bolt or pump action. None of this semi-auto shit. If you need a semi-auto to hunt, you're just a terrible shot.

Yeah, you're not killing 21 people with a 3D printed gun unless you have more than 21 3D printed guns. You have to figure a few are going to explode, half won't be accurate beyond 20 feet, and so on.

3D printed guns are a scare tactic from the left, and a "oh well don't bother to regulate" tactic from the right. What we need to be worried about is 3D printed workarounds to certain regulations.

I think in California certain guns have a mag release that requires a key or something like that. So what people do is they get a magnet or something and put it on this switch so they dont need the key/tool to swap out the mag quickly. It's not illegal, it's a workaround. Someone with actual working knowledge could probably explain it better than I can. Anyway, the point is: you can 3D print this thing and put a spring and magnet in it, and suddenly a gun with a mechanism designed to prevent people from reloading quickly is pointless. Stupid gun regulation is why no one takes gun control serious; it's either "oh you're going against the constitution" or "liberals don't know what they're talking about".

Left and Right need to meet in the middle and hash this shit out. Nothing effective will be done if far-left liberals with no clue about guns are left to decide the fat of gun owners, and terrible shit will keep happening if the far-right are allowed to just prevent us from doing anything at all.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 br0kenrabbit

@mrbojangles25 said:
Anyway, the point is: you can 3D print this thing and put a spring and magnet in it, and suddenly a gun with a mechanism designed to prevent people from reloading quickly is pointless.

You have to rotate the bolt on a bolt action, and a pump action requires quite a bit more force than most people imagine. I have a few myself. No little doodad is going to make those actions any easier.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Left and Right need to meet in the middle and hash this shit out. Nothing effective will be done if far-left liberals with no clue about guns are left to decide the fat of gun owners, and terrible shit will keep happening if the far-right are allowed to just prevent us from doing anything at all.

What exactly do you think Democrats could do to "meet in the middle." Actual legislation drafted is usually tame stuff that the right shoots down immediately.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mrbojangles25

@br0kenrabbit said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
Anyway, the point is: you can 3D print this thing and put a spring and magnet in it, and suddenly a gun with a mechanism designed to prevent people from reloading quickly is pointless.

You have to rotate the bolt on a bolt action, and a pump action requires quite a bit more force than most people imagine. I have a few myself. No little doodad is going to make those actions any easier.

This was specifically for California-legal AR-type firearms, iirc. Specifically related to the magazine release.

I believe the logic was, if you need this special tool/key to release the magazine, it would take you an extra few seconds to slap in a magazine and apparently that's enough to save some people's lives.

Loading Video...

Gun owners are crafty!

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Silentchief
@br0kenrabbit said:
@silentchief said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@silentchief said:

That's outdated information.

I've seen them make 3D printed metal guns that have had 500 rounds through them in a 12 round mag. The tech has improved immensely. Regardless what do we do about the other 400 million guns in circulation?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 br0kenrabbit

@mrbojangles25 said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

This was specifically for California-legal AR-type firearms, iirc. Specifically related to the magazine release.

I believe the logic was, if you need this special tool/key to release the magazine, it would take you an extra few seconds to slap in a magazine and apparently that's enough to save some people's lives.

Gun owners are crafty!

What I've suggested is making only bolt-action and pump-action guns legal. It greatly reduces the rate of fire and a shooter would be vulnerable after every shot.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#47 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@silentchief said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@silentchief said:

You don't need to 3D print. You can manufacture them with basic shop tools. Files, grinders, lathes, you're going to ban all those too? Or many anyone with a workshop has to have a government issue camera installed inside? Tell me, how are you going to stop manufacture of new ones? You won't. And once that market is opened, cartels are going to fill it for sure, just like they do with several highly illegal drugs right now.

The largest mass murders in US history have also been done without any guns at all. Arson, where the record is 87, bombings. You people hyper focus on the tool used, while ignoring the fact the deadliest mass killings don't even use that tool. That's why it's not going to end. To many people like you listen to the media try to redirect the issue for politics and it takes away from the fact we have some serious fucked up people in our society, who want to kill as many people as they can, who are clever enough to find ways to do it, and sadistic enough to target the easiest targets. Banning one tool for the job, which isn't even the deadliest tool used for the job is being obtuse.

Gun bans aren't going to happen. Even if they did, they're not going to stop the issue, and so long as people on your side continue to whine about them, the real issue, and ways to prevent it will be always go ignored.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38671 Posts

inevitable republican responses are already starting...

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#49 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

inevitable republican responses are already starting...

If you want to look at typical, inevitable responses, you may want to look at a mirror.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 blaznwiipspman1

@comp_atkins: its the same bs nonsense from the right. Constitution, muh rights, freedom, automatics only fire once, gun control won't change anything, mental illness, no security, bla bla bla.