Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

So, Catching Fire was pretty awesome. I wish the book was still fresher in my mind like with the first movie but from what I remember of the book I think they did a pretty good job with the movie. Catching Fire was definitely my favorite book of the 3 so glad the film lived up to it for the most part. The political implications of everything they did are kinda of hard to show but I think they did a pretty good job of doing it the best they could. Can't believe they're pulling a Harry Potter and breaking the final book up into 2 movies though. The wait between Part 1 and Part 2 of Mockingjay is gonna suck so hard.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 Texas2089

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

I watched the new 300 movie tonight. What a load of balls. I went for the crazy sword slashing, shield slamming, spear slinging, hunchback weeping, man-in-gold-panties snarling action. Instead I got a handful of bloody clashes swallowed up by a too-obvious-to-be-heartbreaking backstory of one crazy bitch and shit load of ambiguous war propaganda. It was so horribly written. Frank Miller should stop. He's getting too old and up his own ass to be the master craftsmen he once was. George Lucas'd all over that shit.

Well that's fucking disappointing. I was really looking forward to it. The first movie was so awesome and the trailers for this one looked pretty good so sucks it's not that good. I hope Miller at least has some stroke of talent left so they can FINALLY finish up Sin City 2. He can screw up any other movie he wants to, but he better nail that shit.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#303 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
@Texas2089 said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

I watched the new 300 movie tonight. What a load of balls. I went for the crazy sword slashing, shield slamming, spear slinging, hunchback weeping, man-in-gold-panties snarling action. Instead I got a handful of bloody clashes swallowed up by a too-obvious-to-be-heartbreaking backstory of one crazy bitch and shit load of ambiguous war propaganda. It was so horribly written. Frank Miller should stop. He's getting too old and up his own ass to be the master craftsmen he once was. George Lucas'd all over that shit.

Well that's fucking disappointing. I was really looking forward to it. The first movie was so awesome and the trailers for this one looked pretty good so sucks it's not that good. I hope Miller at least has some stroke of talent left so they can FINALLY finish up Sin City 2. He can screw up any other movie he wants to, but he better nail that shit.

I mean, you might enjoy it, but it's not at all what I was hoping to see. There's only about 4 good fight scenes, and a bunch of naval battles, which is the majority of the action. But I don't really care about a bunch of boats slowly smashing into one another. The real disappointment was the characterization and dialog, though. Hands down. It was just dumb. The Greek hero sounded like George W. Bush's fantasy self. He was all like "The fear our freedom!" and "This is how democracy is truly won!" as he fights the greasy Eastern suicide bombers off the side of his ship. While Leonidas is dining in Hell and fighting in the shade and growling like a coked-up grizzly, this bureaucrat in a blue cape is droning on about freedom and democracy and the glory of his great nation. It just didn't make for an interesting story at all. It should have been called "300: Meanwhile on the Water..." The only real badass in the movie was the villain, but she was an obvious, eye-rolling trope.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#304 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

This South Park game is so dope. I love it. Just wish it was longer and was a bit more polished. One of the most fun games I've played though.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#305 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

I am going to watch it, but that doesn't sound good :S

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Texas2089

@MrSelf-Destruct said:
@Texas2089 said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

I mean, you might enjoy it, but it's not at all what I was hoping to see. There's only about 4 good fight scenes, and a bunch of naval battles, which is the majority of the action. But I don't really care about a bunch of boats slowly smashing into one another. The real disappointment was the characterization and dialog, though. Hands down. It was just dumb. The Greek hero sounded like George W. Bush's fantasy self. He was all like "The fear our freedom!" and "This is how democracy is truly won!" as he fights the greasy Eastern suicide bombers off the side of his ship. While Leonidas is dining in Hell and fighting in the shade and growling like a coked-up grizzly, this bureaucrat in a blue cape is droning on about freedom and democracy and the glory of his great nation. It just didn't make for an interesting story at all. It should have been called "300: Meanwhile on the Water..." The only real badass in the movie was the villain, but she was an obvious, eye-rolling trope.

Yeah that just doesn't sound good to me at all. Bummer man.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Texas2089

@yokofox33 said:

This South Park game is so dope. I love it. Just wish it was longer and was a bit more polished. One of the most fun games I've played though.

Good to hear. I'm hoping to get around to it somewhat soon. I still need to finish Lightning Returns and I've got FFX coming up next week but hopefully after that I can dive into South Park. The game looks awesome and it's getting pretty great reviews so I can't wait.

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#308  Edited By ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts

'ight downloading this true detective's shite. was re-watching twin peaks but the wyndham earle stuff isn't too great a second time through. also, james fucking hurley, christ.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By MrSelf-Destruct

@ryrulez said:

'ight downloading this true detective's shite. was re-watching twin peaks but the wyndham earle stuff isn't too great a second time through. also, james fucking hurley, christ.

Ha. The most bizarre thing about Twin Peaks is that James Marshall was actually paid in money. That was a dimebag and box of milkduds worth of acting. And once you find out who killed Laura Palmer, the whole thing goes South.

Anyway. I really like State of Decay. I kinda see why it got the scores it got, but as far as modern zombie games go, it's my favorite.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Titanfall in ~10 hours.

State of Decay seems cool.. I got it right when it went early access and kind of ran out of steam.. I bet they fixed a lot of the issues I can into though.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 MethodManFTW

@ryrulez said:

Enjoy! The first six episodes are fucking great.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By MrSelf-Destruct

@MethodManFTW I just really dig all the different survival aspects in the game and the way you can level up each character the way you want. I have a chick who does all my scavenging for me because she is super silent. I have a guy with the stamina of an Adderall-fueld ant who can take out an entire hoard with just a bat. I got a sniper chick who can clear out an infestation from across the street. And I still have 9 others I haven't started levelling yet. That in itself keeps me playing. Of course, the dynamic missions and resource depletion gives me something to do. The story is probably cool, but I have mostly ignored it. This could have been one hell of a game if MS Studios put more time and energy into fleshing out certain aspects of it.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By yokofox33

I'm gonna get the digital version of Titanfall for Xbox One. I have close to 30 bucks in Microsoft points/currency, so half off the game is pretty solid. I got a lot of those points for free by buying Xbox Live subscriptions.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@Texas2089 said:

So, Catching Fire was pretty awesome. I wish the book was still fresher in my mind like with the first movie but from what I remember of the book I think they did a pretty good job with the movie. Catching Fire was definitely my favorite book of the 3 so glad the film lived up to it for the most part. The political implications of everything they did are kinda of hard to show but I think they did a pretty good job of doing it the best they could. Can't believe they're pulling a Harry Potter and breaking the final book up into 2 movies though. The wait between Part 1 and Part 2 of Mockingjay is gonna suck so hard.

weird. at least it (hopefully) means they're gonna try and do it justice...

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 starwarsjunky

in other news, my fc got to buy our house on saturday!!!! =D

20 mil gil, but worth it. lol.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 MethodManFTW

Lmao, Sony can't even confirm Drive Club for 2014 now...

I think my favorite launch titles of this gen are Drive Club and Watch Dogs. :P

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 starwarsjunky

@MethodManFTW said:

Lmao, Sony can't even confirm Drive Club for 2014 now...

I think my favorite launch titles of this gen are Drive Club and Watch Dogs. :P

wow xD

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By MrSelf-Destruct

This game is pure joy.

Now I want to watch the show.

Haven't seen it in forever.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 MethodManFTW

Wow, this new monitor is like eye-sex.

Awesome!! It feels smaller than my old monitor but I think that is just because the bezel on this one is sooooooooo much smaller.

Love it!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 yokofox33

My favorite song from the game. It's just so hilarious, even though it's not really that funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIxJBYnsiJQ

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#321  Edited By Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

Has anyone played "Gone Home" ?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By MethodManFTW

@Young_Charter said:

I really liked it. It's a really divisive game though.. It is just about exploration really. There isn't "much" combat or anything like that.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 MethodManFTW

@MethodManFTW said:

@Young_Charter said:

I really liked it. It's a really divisive game though.. It is just about exploration really. There isn't "much" combat or anything like that.

really

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 Young_Charter

@MethodManFTW said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@Young_Charter said:

really

Was the story some creepy pasta type shit ? Im watching the videos of the gameplay/walkthrough now.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 MethodManFTW

@Young_Charter said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@Young_Charter said:

really

Was the story some creepy pasta type shit ? Im watching the videos of the gameplay/walkthrough now.

i think that might be kind of a spoiler

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 Young_Charter
@MethodManFTW said:

@Young_Charter said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@Young_Charter said:

really

i think that might be kind of a spoiler

Message it

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 MethodManFTW

@Young_Charter: i could type it in chat or whatever, but that isn't the point.. you shouldn't know going in! i think that definitely my play through better. if you are looking for a horror game on the caliber of like, outlast, gone home definitely isn't that.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Young_Charter
@MethodManFTW said:

@Young_Charter: i could type it in chat or whatever, but that isn't the point.. you shouldn't know going in! i think that definitely my play through better. if you are looking for a horror game on the caliber of like, outlast, gone home definitely isn't that.

ok cool cool. Well I will be honest that I am not playing the game. I am watching it right here so in a sense I am visually playing it lol

Loading Video...

Avatar image for Ace_of_Spades90
Ace_of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 Ace_of_Spades90
Member since 2012 • 815 Posts

I have to say that I'm surprised that South Park game is doing so well. I honestly thought that it was going to suck, lol. Why is it that all the best games come out late? =P

Speaking of rpgs I can't wait for FFX HD!

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 MethodManFTW

online games

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 Texas2089

The ending to Episode 2 of TWAU :O

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 ryrulez

Made an American PSN account to try and get my Dark Souls 2 preload working early. Didn't work. Sick bastards. Three days.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 Young_Charter

@MethodManFTW: So I finished it. . Meh.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 MethodManFTW

**** man... dark souls 2 looks incredible.

@ryrulez said:

Made an American PSN account to try and get my Dark Souls 2 preload working early. Didn't work. Sick bastards. Three days.

did you buy it already? you can make a US account, buy it on that account, and then just sign in and play on your normal account

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 ryrulez

@MethodManFTW said:

@ryrulez said:

did you buy it already? you can make a US account, buy it on that account, and then just sign in and play on your normal account

aye, bought it already. ended up watching the quick look which whet my appetite for a bit. dual-swords looked pretty awesome.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By Young_Charter

@ryrulez said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ryrulez said:

aye, bought it already. ended up watching the quick look which whet my appetite for a bit. dual-swords looked pretty awesome.

I'll get it first week of april

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts

I do not understand why Dark Souls is so celebrated for simply being hard. I've been watching streams and I still do not understand. Improvements I would expect to be apparent in contrast to Demon Souls just are not there. The UI is horrendous, still, and a lot of the visuals are just rehashed from the older games. Animations are clunky, hitboxes do not seem to be all that accurate, and bosses are just glorified combo repeaters.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 starwarsjunky

watching excel saga, i just don't know what to think about this....so random.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By MrSelf-Destruct

@LightR said:

I do not understand why Dark Souls is so celebrated for simply being hard. I've been watching streams and I still do not understand. Improvements I would expect to be apparent in contrast to Demon Souls just are not there. The UI is horrendous, still, and a lot of the visuals are just rehashed from the older games. Animations are clunky, hitboxes do not seem to be all that accurate, and bosses are just glorified combo repeaters.

Hmm. It seems I agree with you but enjoyed the game too much to notice as I was actually playing it. It has a certain magic to it, I guess. And for the record, aside from the glorious world design, Demon's Souls was the better game. Dark Souls had far too much cheap bullshit. One called for finely tuned timing, patience, and strategy. The other called for all that plus a bit of luck.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 MethodManFTW

@LightR said:

There is way more to the game than being difficult.. Fun combat, weird lore, beautiful art/design, different customizable loot.. Fun games.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Pretty close to having a full page of wins under my Dota 2 match history. Got a loss about 7 matches ago. Just gotta win the next few and I can have a full 10/10.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By MrSelf-Destruct

@MethodManFTW said:

@LightR said:

There is way more to the game than being difficult.. Fun combat, weird lore, beautiful art/design, different customizable loot.. Fun games.

Atmosphere. I guess that falls under design, but that's always the first word that comes to mind when thinking of the Souls games. And it's something you won't get through a Youtube stream. I agree with him about the UI, though. Of course, Japanese game UIs are always a bit off-putting to me. I just can't wait for April 25th. So nice that they are waiting for me to finish the semester. lol

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 yokofox33

Titanfall is pretty dope. I mean I suck royally at it, but it seems that once I get the hang of how to play properly it'll be tons of fun. I can't customize anything yet, so I'm stuck with pre-set loadouts.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 MethodManFTW

@yokofox33 said:

Titanfall is pretty dope. I mean I suck royally at it, but it seems that once I get the hang of how to play properly it'll be tons of fun. I can't customize anything yet, so I'm stuck with pre-set loadouts.

The custom classes are really nice, although there isn't a ton of weapon variety in the game anyway.. I'm coming up on level 40 and I only use the AR you start with.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Young_Charter

I got Job # 2 ON THE SPOT !!! YEAH BITCH

Loading Video...

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By MethodManFTW

who are the people that value resolution more than frame rate?

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

who are the people that value resolution more than frame rate?

I'd value resolution in something more like Civilization or a turn-based RPG but 90% of games framerate is king.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

@yokofox33:

I agree I am loving Titanfall. Once I get home from work ill play it a bit more. Only level 15 but thats only because I had to go to sleep for work. I just have bad luck when it comes to teammates. I swear matchmaking has it pit for me sometimes.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#350 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Damn, got the evening/night shift :(, No gaming for me :(