Playstation move. Will you be buying it?

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kosmosfreak2
Member since 2006 • 240 Posts

I was thinking about renegging on my pre order of the move. But when they announced that MAG will be made to work with the move. I changed my mind. It seems games are being announced move compatable at about a title a week.

I don't think Sony has any intention of making the move just a once in a while used improved copy of the wii mote. I honestly think sony is going to be making every exclusive from here on out need to be move compatable. And perhaps eventually even the non exclusive titles.

Im actually very excited about the move just because I think multiplayer first person shooters are going to be amazing on the move. I think the opinion that pcs are better for controlling first person shooters is going to change come late september.

Princess_Lime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Princess_Lime
Member since 2010 • 429 Posts
I don't know, it seems like the full experience takes two move controllers instead of one move and a sub. I'll wait a few months maybe after the Christmas rush!
kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kosmosfreak2

Well for fps's its going to take the move and that navigator. Kind of like the wii nunchuck. On the other hand other than boxing and I guess archery.... You won't really need two of the actual move controllers. And if you "really" want you can use the left analog stick of your regular controller. Im just going to get the navigator and the move. Ill be fine for any fps that comes out that way. Its 100 bucks. But its totally going to be worth it for me at least.

The_X_Factor_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 The_X_Factor_9
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

If Sony makes it, odds favor it being good. I just picked up RE5: Gold Edition in anticipation of Move.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

if they ever make a game that fully utilizes the move to interact with the game then i might check it out. but i haven't seen anything yet thats piqued my interest (thats including the wii) so far its pretty much tacked on controls. even the wii has a ton of titles that use a normal controller and that system was based on the motion control idea, so i question if this is the beginning of shovelware.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I already pre-ordered 2 Move with sub, pistol and loading plate as well as some games (sorcery, fighter, shoot, time crisis)

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Nothing I've seen so far has made me want it. I'll be willing to watch some reviews, but probably won't get it.
kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kosmosfreak2

I already pre-ordered 2 Move with sub, pistol and loading plate as well as some games (sorcery, fighter, shoot, time crisis)

ArchoNils2

Time crisis is always fun :P

But sorcery. I saw the preview for it during one of the move previews. Even if its kind of kidy.. It looks REALLY fun. Reminds me like of an extremely complicated dark cloud or even kind of a gobliny non disney kingdom hearts.

kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kosmosfreak2

Nothing I've seen so far has made me want it. I'll be willing to watch some reviews, but probably won't get it.guynamedbilly

Thats too bad. Mag imo is the best multiplayer fps out there. I just can't wait to have my move and play mag. Just for that it seems worth it. That and how crazy socom is going to be with it.

Im looking forward to just some of the things that are coming out. A lot in my opinion are crap. But kz3 being made "for" the move. and a lot of other games. It just is looking like the start of something very good.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

kosmosfreak2

Time crisis is always fun :P

But sorcery. I saw the preview for it during one of the move previews. Even if its kind of kidy.. It looks REALLY fun. Reminds me like of an extremely complicated dark cloud or even kind of a gobliny non disney kingdom hearts.

unfortunately you have to blow a fluorescent [censored] every time you want to heal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]Nothing I've seen so far has made me want it. I'll be willing to watch some reviews, but probably won't get it.kosmosfreak2

Thats too bad. Mag imo is the best multiplayer fps out there. I just can't wait to have my move and play mag. Just for that it seems worth it. That and how crazy socom is going to be with it.

Im looking forward to just some of the things that are coming out. A lot in my opinion are crap. But kz3 being made "for" the move. and a lot of other games. It just is looking like the start of something very good.

How is socom going to be any crazier with it than with the dualshock 3?
kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kosmosfreak2

wait what?

kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kosmosfreak2

[QUOTE="kosmosfreak2"]

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]Nothing I've seen so far has made me want it. I'll be willing to watch some reviews, but probably won't get it.guynamedbilly

How is socom going to be any crazier with it than with the dualshock 3?

Cus kevin butler advertised it.

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

yes i am after watchiong the tech demo in the move launch center i will be picking this up.

SaaM-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SaaM-x
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

I am keeping an eye on Move to see what Sony come up with and how it performs. I am not pre ordering it but I might pick it up after Christmas if it receives positive reviews.

red-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 red-ray
Member since 2008 • 882 Posts
I'm not gonna ruin my Killzone experience with such ridiculous controller or pay a hefty price to just navigate in GT5 menus, definitely not.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'll probably pick it up to play Dead Space Extraction. I'm not running out and getting it right away though. I might like to play a game with it every once in a while (or not), but for the vast majority of games I'll stick with the regular controller.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#18 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Definitely not

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
Day one. I was never really excited for Move when it was first announced, but after watching the tech demos and the Killzone 3 demo on Youtube I'm completely hooked, I can't wait. The potential is huge, finally something to make RTS on consoles work.
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

Yep, can't wait to try it out. Its definitly going to add a new element and game style to the ps3.

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

Most Def....Looks Cool

Hammstray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Hammstray
Member since 2010 • 890 Posts

I might but probably not the first. I want a list of the games that have the Move only, controller and move or just controller. I probably will get the move later in my gaming life for some games but I have to say it looks a whole lot better than kinect! lol

hawk549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hawk549
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

most certainly, day one buy.

I love my DS3, and it will be my go to choice of controller, but the Move is the future. That thought is not the most comfortable even for me, but wow its gonna be cool.

kkee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kkee
Member since 2003 • 1729 Posts

I wasn't interested at first, but given that you can get the PlayStation Move Starter Pack (Camera + Controller) for about £40, it actually seems tempting.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

probably not. they need a lot more good games for it before i'd consider it

luc11044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 luc11044
Member since 2004 • 4606 Posts

Until developers provide me with a compelling reason to buy it (ie: games), I'll pass. I know so many gamers that hardly touch their Wii because there aren't enough good titles for it.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
No i already have a Wii, and since this is a tacky add-on, i doubt it will have the impact Wiimote did on the market. Also, how many people are going to spend as much for a periferal when you can by a Wii for a few more $. Motion control is the future, we all want to interact with games in new ways, but this is obviously a gimmic since Wii has had amazing success, so why not try to take some of that market from Nintendo. Also, if they are saying that we are getting new consoles in less then 2 years, it is a waste of money to spend $100 on this when it will be obsolute in less then 2 years. if we are 4-5 years from the next gen...different story.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#28 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
I have a Wii so I see no need to.
hawk549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hawk549
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

I have a Wii so I see no need to.fabz_95

Dude...YOU need to watch the latest tech demos.

Ryan_Kitchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ryan_Kitchen
Member since 2010 • 370 Posts

I might some day, but idk if I will anytime soon. But I do plan to buy it someday.

Avatar image for codewhitedragon
codewhitedragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 codewhitedragon
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts

HELL YEAH,

I wasn't interested at first but getting to play Killzone 2 with it will be cool tho I probably wont play through it all using it , Wanna play ghost recon with it aswell. But I think the thing that sold it for me was getting to play Deadspace extraction using it. I own a wii but having the best of both worlds , motion control and HD sells it to me..

BlueAtlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#32 BlueAtlas
Member since 2004 • 1589 Posts

I'm going to wait and see on this one. Plus getting the equpment for two people to play gets alittle too pricey. That Sorcery game looks promising though.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
Already pre order 2
J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
No probably in a year or 2
MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

yeah, most likely after the holidays....or black friday....not got run to the store the first day...or month for that matter.

Gau0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gau0123
Member since 2009 • 1010 Posts
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]Day one. I was never really excited for Move when it was first announced, but after watching the tech demos and the Killzone 3 demo on Youtube I'm completely hooked, I can't wait. The potential is huge, finally something to make RTS on consoles work.

Is there a video of Killzone 3 move gameplay? If there is please send me the link I would love to see how it works. Yes most likely I will be buying the bundle.
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
eventually i will get it, but not right away.
CO0Ki3M0NST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CO0Ki3M0NST3R
Member since 2009 • 373 Posts
lol...glowing dild...thats what some call it nowa days. seems dumb, why not keep traditional controls. this isn't Gamer the movie in real life
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
lwhy not keep traditional controls. this isn't Gamer the movie in real lifeCO0Ki3M0NST3R
It's an option for those who want to use it, noone is forcing people to use it. Why are some people so afraid of new ideas?
Maximus923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 Maximus923
Member since 2008 • 237 Posts

I watched the demos for the games they're releasing and the only one I liked was SOCOM. However, then they announced Dead Space: Extraction would be released for the Move, and a few other titles would have Move support and I was sold.

XrossJoiint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 XrossJoiint
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

Ill say hell NO! But if LBP, Unchated or NHL ever require it then i guess ill have to :(

newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

I wasnt at first, but when they started announcing compatability with older titles...well that sealed the deal.

Games like Fight Night where it can tell the difference between a jab and a haymaker. Or Soul Calibur, being able to swing vertically or horizontally with one hand and defend with the other. Imagine if they made a great stealth game like the old Manhunt for the ps2 on the Move. I really think it could add to the immersion in some genres.

I will wait for reviews but I am not gonna lie, I am excited to see all that the move can do.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
[QUOTE="CO0Ki3M0NST3R"]lwhy not keep traditional controls. this isn't Gamer the movie in real lifeMushroomWig
It's an option for those who want to use it, noone is forcing people to use it. Why are some people so afraid of new ideas?

I agree with MushroomWig.....Open your minds people!
kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#44 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

I will make my decision after more info on games is released.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="CO0Ki3M0NST3R"]lwhy not keep traditional controls. this isn't Gamer the movie in real lifehkymike

I agree with MushroomWig.....Open your minds people!

I'm really trying to see the benefit to it. If there was something that came along claiming to give a whole new experience to gaming, then I'm all over trying to find out more about it. All I'm seeing so far though is a gadget that makes you hold your hands here instead of holding them here. I don't see what's revolutionary about, but I really want to.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I'm 50/50. There are a few things I really want to try with it like Echocrome 2 & Dead Space 2/Extraction.
The_Kliq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Kliq
Member since 2010 • 269 Posts
Not anytime soon, right now Move does not really seem that appealing to me.
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Guaracy-
Member since 2010 • 653 Posts

I'll buy the bundle with the PS3 which is, stupidly enough, 350 dollars.

barny0111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 barny0111
Member since 2007 • 255 Posts

I'm in. I love these type of interactive games. Bring on Time Crisis.

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

Already have two of each controllers paid for. Got a set for me, and a set for wifey as she's got her own PS3 set up in a different room. We've both got our own PS Eye cameras as well, so we're set there. I know it's probably a bit early to get them as support for them will be limited, but, that's ok. I'm sure I'll use them eventually.